Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread

Old December 20th, 2008 (6:49 AM).
Lost and Confused xD

Nature: Lonely
    As Mr. Bell asked: In G/S/C Do we need to beat all 16 gyms + Ash (I will always call him ash :P), or just the 8 Johto Gyms? I'm fine with either, just curious :P

I'm heading through victory road soon, then time for elite 4.

Relevant Advertising!

Old December 20th, 2008 (7:33 AM). Edited December 20th, 2008 by Tony Montana.
    Say Hello To My Little Friend!

Nature: Relaxed
      Made A LOT of progress since last time. To make a long story short, I beat both Erika and Koga, Got HM03 and HM04, caught a cubone (it evolved) and saved Mr Fuji and Silph Co.

Team:

Grounder
      Lv 35
      Thrash
      Surf
      Double Kick
      Mega Punch

Quaker
      Lv 36
      Slash
      Double Team
      Dig
      Cut

Rina
      Lv 35
      Body Slam
      Toxic
      Ice Beam
      Double Kick
      Skull
      Lv 35
      Skull Bash
      Bone Club
      Leer
      Headbutt
      Roll
      Lv 36
      Strength
      Defense Curl
      Rock Slide
      Earthquake

Now, onto Saffron Gym to kick some Psy-asses!

Kanto(Yellow), Johto(Silver), Hoenn(Ruby), Sinnoh(Platinum): Done
      Unova: To Do
      Old December 20th, 2008 (8:10 AM). Edited December 20th, 2008 by Ikwaylx.
      Man with 10000 pronounciations

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
        As Mr. Bell asked: In G/S/C Do we need to beat all 16 gyms + Ash (I will always call him ash ), or just the 8 Johto Gyms? I'm fine with either, just curious

I'm heading through victory road soon, then time for elite 4.
        I'm guessing that you do have to beat the Kanto gym leaders; it just wouldn't be a proper run without them!

Anyway, blogging comes now!

Breaking the Ice

Is there really anything to say about Lorelei? She isn't a huge challenge if you have the right type matchup. Rock and ground types may have some trouble against her, but all you need is to be a few levels above her and you should be fine.
        For my battle, the AI was stuck using rest, giving Hitomi a chance to use Meditate to the max. After that, I pulled an abolsute perfect sweep, nothing was spared; I ko'd every Pokemon in one hit!
        Nothing much to say about Lorelei...

Beating Bruno

Bruno wasn't as willing to go down in this match. Leading with Onix wasn't a problem, as Ricky took him down with the minimum of effort as I got a crit Earthquake in there.
        His next pokemon - Hitmonchan, was a real pain. Hitmonchan spammed Double Team to the point where it took forever to defeat him. In the end, Hitmonchan didn't do too much damage but he did drain my PP..
        Hitmonlee was destroyed in one hit, no real challenge there.
        Next Onix was even easier, Surf and bam .
        Now, Machamp.. Machamp was much harder. I switched Marcus in for the EXP and used Rock Slide which was a big mistake. I forgot that Rock is not very effective against Fighting, so that was a bit of a woops.
        In the end, I switched in Wranthor and used Psychic. It wasn't a big deal, really.
        Now, Bruno isn't very hard at all for anybody unless you're doing a normal type run. You can defeat Bruno very easily if you have the right attacks, so use that psychic TM!

Video for both of these battles are here:
        http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EmeIUhzX28s

Agatha's Attack

Agatha is when the Elite Four becomes tensious and hard. She leads with a Gengar who enjoys to confuse you. It took a while to get an Earthquake in which gave me a lovely OHKO. Thank you Ricky; he even got a level up! This gave him the chance to learn Submission, which I replaced Low Kick for.
        The next Pokemon, Golbat was a simple matter. I switched into Marcus, using Rock Slide in order to get a heavy Super effective hit in. Luckily, his supersonic missed so I got another one in and Ko'd it.
        Haunter was next on the list. I switched in Wranthor and used Psychic which didn't even do half damage, sadly. I did another and then surfed it. It wasn't an easy KO, so meh.
        Arbok was next, I used Hypnosis on it and started spamming surf. Because of that, Arbok didn't do much at all to Wranthor!
        Agatha's final pokemon: Gengar, wasn't easy at all. He used Hypnosis twice on me, making me have to use my full heals. Psychic did slightly more damage than surf, so I took up the advantage and just used whatever.
        Luckily for me, I came out of this battle without too many cuts and bruises.

No chance for Lance!

The main man of the Elite four; Lance isn't an easy fellow to overcome in battle. Leading off with Gyarados should give you an insight that this dude means serious business. I managed to get a 2HKO with Marcus on Gyarados, but it liked using Dragon Rage and Hydro Pump. Luckily for me, Marcus didn't go down!
        The two Dragonairs that Lance have were easy to defeat. They're slow things, so Wranthor easily outsped them. Ice Beam got a nice 2HKO in there, they stood no chance at all! In fact, one of the Dragonairs froze!
        Aerodactyl was a bit disappointing. I should've used Surf, but instead I used Ice Beam.. Even then, his Wing Attack did DIDDLY to Poliwrath; this really surprised me. I thought Aerodactyl was strong!
        Dragonite was awesome, it was defeated in one hit from Ice beam! Critical hit man.
        In all, Lance will give you some trouble. If you're a Rock or a fire type trainer, beware.

Battle for both of these battles are here:
        http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PbrSssTqCW0
        The Final Battle.... 3 more to go..

Here we go! The final battle with Pip - my rival!
        Last time, you saw me losing against him thanks to his Alakazam and Psychic. Luckily for me I did some grinding and he put no fight at all to my behemoths.
        He leads with Sandslash. I guffawed at his stupidity to lead with a ground type while I have a powerful water type in lead! I surfed him and it went down with the fishes.
        Alakazam, ready for revenge.. I brought out Ricky and, to my surprise, he used Kinesis, not Psychic. Why? The AI is an idiot. One Earthquake brought the thing to a halt, causing no sweep this time.
        Next up is Exeggutor, to avenge Alakazam. Exeggutor enjoyed spamming hypnosis; he really did. He used it 3 times in a row, but I got some Ice Beams in. The problem was when he used Leech Seed.... Then we got some slight trouble! However, he still went down without a hitch...
        As for his next pokemon, Magneton. pfft, Magneton isn't worthy of being the Champion's pokemon!
        I used Marcus and two submissions brought it down: foolish!
        Cloyster, the defensive wall was up next. I brought in Hitmonlee to crack the shell, and it worked! Two double kicks were all it took to bring Cloyster down.

Finally.. the final Pokemon was brought out... Flareon. Flareon used Reflect a tad too many times while my Stallion thrashed it. However, I was confused and I didn't get a single Thrash in until my confusion was fixed. However, in the end, I downed Flareon with ease again.

And that was it. That was the final battle, were you looking for a challenge? Well of course it'll be a challenge. Like he says, he has a team that can defeat any type, unlike us.

Battle can be found here
        http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5IaqpoPo_7k
        Version where I lose is found here
        http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_4SjawagswA
        This is my final team:

Wranthor
        Level 66
        HP: 233
        Ice Beam
        Psychic
        Surf
        Hypnosis
        Highest Stat: Defense - 171
        Lowest Stat: Special - 129

Wranthor was so helpful for me as the special support..

Stallion
        Level 64
        HP: 201
        Karate Chop
        Seismic Toss
        Screech
        Thrash
        Highest Stat: Attack - 181
        Lowest Stat: Special - 114

Stallion was speedy and awesome

Marcus
        Level 64
        HP: 211
        Submission
        Seismic Toss
        Stength
        Rock Slide
        Highest Stat - Attack: 177
        Lowest Stat - Speed: 90

Marcus was a wonderful flying support

Ricky
        Level 66
        HP: 227
        Strength
        Submission
        Seismic Toss
        Earthquake
        Highest Stat: Attack - 211
        Lowest Stat: Speed - 115

Ricky was one powerful dude. His Earthquake saved me countless times

Hitomi
        Level 65
        HP: 170
        Double Kick
        Meditate
        Hi Jump Kick
        Mega Kick
        Highest Stat: Attack - 195
        Lowest Stat: Special - 78

Marcus kicked his way to victory in Lorelei and I love him so!

So what's next for old Ikwaylx? Maybe I'll settle down for 3 years with my fighting types....

And so, 3 years later!

___________________________________________________________________________

Black and Go- I mean Silver and Gold!

I'll be playing Silver this time. Because of the introduction of very few fighting types, my pokemon team will be pretty much unchanged from last time. I'll no longer be able to use Machamp, so we'll all miss Ricky.

This is my planned team

Heracross

Hitmontop - for uniqueness

Hitmonchan - for more uniqueness! (I'll breed Hitmontop with Ditto for this.)

Wranthor - again will be my main man.

Marcus

Hitomi

So it appears I'll be using the Hitmon series prominently in this run! I can't wait to get started.

Old December 20th, 2008 (9:02 AM).
        Lost and Confused xD

Finally Finished... Lance + My Rival were hell. But I guess that's normal considering I was level ~47-48. Haha. If you watch my Rival Fight, I used a TON of Full Restores and Revives. I'll edit the videos in the post as they finish converting. (Have to uncompress them for VBA, then convert them with Windows Movie Maker... annoying as hell)

"Blog" 9: The Final Frontier

I walked towards the pokemon league, and was stopped by my rival, naturally. After dispatching of his pokemon easily, I began my treck through Victory Road. The road was hard, but I eventually came out on top of it!

As I reached the first Elite 4 Member, I was scared. As most my pokemon were part flying, they could easily be taken down by Lorelei's Ice Pokemon. And I was right. Lorelei managed to knock out 4 of my 5 bugs, but Venomoth came out victorious versus Lapras, and I moved on.

Thanks to the amazingness of Butterfree, I escaped the next battle against Bruno without any scratches, one shotting 3 of his pokemon, draining another, and evading the 5th.

After a little bit of a hassle, I also dispatched of the 3rd elite 4, agatha, mainly thanks to the fact most of her ghost pokemon were in fact part poison! :D

And finally, the one I was MASSIVELY dreading... Lance. The dragon pokemon master. As bugs cannot learn Ice Beam (In generation I at least), I knew this would be hard. We were sharing blows. It was down to Venomoth and Dragonite. I used Toxic, and let it ride out while reviving my other teammates. Dragonite stupidly sat by increasing it's defenses and speed. Eventually, Toxic killed him, giving me my 4th victory.

And then... the final battle. My rival. The one I had JUST defeated... but he was stronger. After a LOT of Revives and Full Restores DURING the fight, I finally was victorious. My run through Pokemon Blue has come to an end. It's now time to start again, this time, in Crystal. I'm just REALLY glad there's a TON more bug pokemon to choose from, lol. I was forced to have these 5 in Blue.

My Team at the end:

Celest (Butterfree)
          Level: 48

Psychic
          Psybeam
          Stun Spore
          Solarbeam

Spitfire (Beedrill)
          Level: 47

Take Down
          Cut
          Pin Missile
          Twin Needle

Funster (Venomoth)

Psybeam
          Stun Spore
          Poison Powder
          Leech Life

Shroomie (Parasect)

Slash
          Spore
          Mega Drain
          Dig

Clamps (Pinsir)

Submission
          Strength
          Swords Dance
          Body Slam

I nominate Butterfree as MVP for these fights, haha. She took out 3 of Brunos without even getting touched.

Old December 20th, 2008 (9:49 AM).
          I turn 1 everyday

Could I get some training tips. I've beaten Giovanni and nearly ready for E4 but my Pokemon are Lv. 43 and 42. Any places better than Victory Road to train? Also, I haven't fought many trainers.
            Old December 20th, 2008 (9:57 AM).

Congrats Myzou for beating the Elite Four with those underleveled levels!
              Gold and Silver will be easy really in my opinion. I'm guessing that the hardest game for this will be Diamond and Pearl.

Absol, the only place you can really train is Victory Road.. None of the Pokemon are tough enough anywhere else. It'll take a while, but it'll be worth it.
              Old December 20th, 2008 (9:57 AM).

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
                lol u beat the game in no time at all!
                when i get focused i get things done fast.
                plus update on my Johto Adventure
                4 badges
                Ladyba-Dude lv.29
                Golbat-Batty lv. 28
                Noctowl-Hoots Lv.29
                Old December 20th, 2008 (10:01 AM).
                Lost and Confused xD

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by badgerkingx View Post
                  when i get focused i get things done fast.
                  plus update on my Johto Adventure
                  4 badges
                  Ladyba-Dude lv.29
                  Golbat-Batty lv. 28
                  Noctowl-Hoots Lv.29
                  Did you even do R/B/Y? I don't remember you...

Old December 20th, 2008 (10:03 AM). Edited December 20th, 2008 by Alakazam17.
                  Hei minun ystäväni!
                  • Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
                  Hehe, sorries for not being around too much here. Tis the holiday season, and I'll unfortunately have to say that I'll be even more inactive in the coming days. I'm going to my parents, and they've no Internet. >_<

That said, to answer noxious, yes, you need the same type in each generation.

As for going through Kanto in GSC, I was thinking not to, but as Ikwaylx pointed out, it wouldn't be a proper run without them! Therefore yes, let's go through Kanto again. :D

And TheAbsol, since you are using a Grass team why not try using the Super Rod for training, or else check out the Seafoam Islands?

*adding new members to first post*

As for myself, I have beaten the Elite Four in Blue, each on my first try. I was a little surprised that I managed to do so, seeing as I kept all my Pokemon's levels in the 30-40 range, XDD. I did some training in Victory Road, just so Slowpoke would evolve, and so Kadabra and Hypno would both learn Psychic.

Level 37
                  -Surf
                  -Ice Beam
                  -Thunderbolt
                  -Psywave

Level 35
                  -Bubblebeam
                  -Lovely Kiss
                  -Ice Punch
                  -Blizzard

Level 35
                  -Mega Drain
                  -Hypnosis
                  -Leech Seed
                  -Psychic

Level 40
                  -Psybeam
                  -Psychic
                  -Seismic Toss
                  -Recover

Level 39
                  -Psychic
                  -Hypnosis
                  -Headbutt
                  -Dream Eater

Level 39
                  -Surf
                  -Confusion
                  -Fire Blast
                  -Body Slam
                  Old December 20th, 2008 (10:27 AM). Edited December 20th, 2008 by Myzou.
                  Lost and Confused xD

Unfortunately, The Rival Battle didn't save... >_<

However, I took a video of checking the Hall of Fame afterwards, as well as the status of my pokemon in my team from after the fight, to show how hard it was for me. lol.

The fight was 13 min long, I think VBA burns out afte ra certain amount of time or something.

Videos:

Lorelei: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOwmpzEBsqk
                    Bruno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ICx5aasZY8
                    Agatha: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fv1zOV3B1s
                    Lance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8g5yJjWj2g
                    Hall of Fame: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKgsvsdswyo

Old December 20th, 2008 (10:47 AM).

Congrats to everybody who've beat generation 1 and are starting generation 2.
                      I'll start very soon and I'll begin blogging when I get Machop from Goldenrod.

The reason why I didn't pick Crystal was because I'm petrified of things that surprise me. Since you're forced to let the roaming pokemon free, I'm always worried that they're going to pop up! My phobia makes me unable to play Crystal, and it's sad because it's the best of all 3 of generation 2.
                      If only.. The odd egg would've came in handy too if it had Tyrogue in.
                      Old December 20th, 2008 (12:31 PM).
                      Say Hello To My Little Friend!

Nature: Relaxed
                        Hey Guys
                        I now have all 8 badges and Im headed for the Pokemon League. Gary's Eevee evolved into Jolteon, so I wouldnt have much trouble. Ill have to train A LOT because my party is VERY low-levelled.

Sabrina: Pretty easy (Ikwaylx was right, there is no way to lose against her). Grounder did a grat job, and Quaker took his place when Alakazam KOd him.

Blaine: Rapidash and Ninetales were Kod in a few hits, but Arcanine took some more time. Grounder did the last hit. I wish I had earthquake, I had to look for it in Silph later and I found it after a long time.

Giovanni: As the previous times I battled him, he wasnt a challenge. His Nidoking Kod many of my pkmn, but Skull held itself and KOd him. THen I used my Max revive in Grounder and used Bone Club and took out a bit of Rhydon's HP. Then he took out the last Hp of Li'l Skull...but the recently revived Grounder ttok care of him and OHKOd him in one hit.

Now, to train for the Pokemon League...

Team:

Grounder - Lv 41
                        Thrash
                        Surf
                        Mega Punch
                        Earthquake

Rina - Lv 39
                        Body Slam
                        Ice Beam
                        Double Kick
                        Toxic

Quaker - Lv 39/40
                        Slash
                        Double Team
                        Dig
                        Cut

Roll - Lv 39
                        Strength
                        Defense Curl
                        Rock Slide
                        Earthquake

Skull - Lv 40
                        Skull Bash
                        Bone Club
                        Leer
                        Headbutt

As I told you Im low levelled, so after I kick Gary's ass again Ill trian up to Lv 55 more or less

Kanto(Yellow), Johto(Silver), Hoenn(Ruby), Sinnoh(Platinum): Done
                        Unova: To Do
                        Old December 20th, 2008 (12:58 PM).
                        Lost and Confused xD

Well, started my Crystal Journey. I was told Spinarak was located on the first routes, after Cherrygrove, but I spent a hour looking... *shrug* I now have 3 hours playtime after spending time leveling Butterfree and Beedrill XD Btw, I must shoot whoever came up with this challenge. I found a freakin Shiny Pidgey and had to kill it -.-

Pokemon Crystal "Blog" Part 1: The Buggy Beginning.

Well, I began my journey in Pokemon crystal, this time opting to be the girl trainer. I chose the fire type as my starter yet again, in order for my opponent to have a pokemon I neither have an advantage or disadvantage to. I fought my rival on my way back from Mr. Pokemon's house, and lost, to prevent Cyndaquil from getting exp. I then returned home, my mom offered to store my money, and I left, off to better things.

I left to Mr. Pokemon's house again, and shortly caught a female Caterpie, I of course named Celest. After a hour of training, Celest evolved into a Metapod! :D (God, it got MUCH slower in Crystal LOL) I then caught a male Weedle, which, again, naturally was named Spitfire. After MORE training, he evolved as well. :P

I soon reached Violet City, with my newly evolved Beedrill and Butterfree, and prepared for my first Gym Battle. But first, I took a detour and went up the place known as the Sprout Tower. After my victory at the top, the sage inside gave me the Flash HM. With that in hand, I used an escape rope, and headed into the gym for my first battle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q59A0QU9-S8

After his birdies fell to their prey, I went back to the Pokemon Center to rest.

Current Team:

Celest (Butterfree)
                          Level: 12

Confusion
                          Tackle
                          String Shot
                          Harden

Spitfire (Beedrill)
                          Level: 12

Fury Attack
                          Poison Sting
                          String Shot
                          Harden

Old December 20th, 2008 (1:16 PM).
                          Hei minun ystäväni!
                          • Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
                          Spinarak are only found at night, after 6 PM.

*is shot* Darn, with my luck I'll probably find a pack of shinies myself. XD
                          Old December 20th, 2008 (2:00 PM).

Climbing the lighthouse
                            After quickly defeating Morty (Golbat’s bite was a god send) i headed down to the next town only to see my rival he told me that the gym leader was the lighthouse so off to there i go there were a few people who wanted to fight i took them out fast
                            I found Jasmine up at the top of the light house and was told to go to Cianwood to get some meds for some poor sick Pokémon
                            Everybody going surfing…

I went to the bay and started to head out and met the newest member of our team, Kite the Mantine, She is also the first female member too.
                            A little training latter and we reach an island that i found to be Cianwood. After grabbing the meds for Jasmine i went into the gym for my next badge. All the Fighting trainers fell quickly to the might of my flying types. As i walked out the leader’s wife give me a HM for fly, awesome.
                            Now I’m off to give the meds to Jasmine and fight her for my next badge.
                            My team

Kite-Mantine Lv. 31
                            High= Spcl. Def.-99
                            Low=Attack-37
                            Hoots-Noctowl Lv. 32

High= Spcl. Def.-77
                            Low=defence-50
                            Dude-Ledian Lv. 31
                            High= Spcl. Def-86
                            Low-Attack-37
                            Batty-Golbat Lv. 32
                            High= speed-77
                            Low=defence-61
                            Old December 20th, 2008 (3:28 PM).

ok since i havent started im going to switch to normal type but same game sry but i just dont want flying.
                              Old December 20th, 2008 (3:32 PM). Edited December 20th, 2008 by Ikwaylx.

Starting my Silver journey!

A Whole New World to thrash!

I started out in my home, nice and warm with new, colourful graphics! wow! I look better than ever!
                                I went downstairs and obtained my Pokegear which I won't use very much in my journey. After of which I went to Prof. Elm for a task. I was to go to Mr. Pokemon in Cherrygrove and see what he coughed up this time! I chose Chikorita for cut support this time around. He'll exit my party once I teach Cut to Heracross.

The route to Cherrygrove wasn't difficult, but I decided to grind to level 8 to make things faster. Everything back up to Prof. Elm with the egg isn't neccessary to talk about.
                                I called my rival Gerald; apart from his final battle, he won't make an appearance so you get to know his name! *Gasp*

I saved most of the trainers and Sprout tower for when I develop my party. It's pointless not to, I'll blog Sprout Tower later.
                                Falkner was mildly difficult with Chikorita, but reflect saved my life. He went down easily and no, he won't be video logged. It's pointless logging a gym leader without a fighting type to use! It breaks the rules!

Let's skip ahead to when I got headbutt shall we? All I'll tell you is that Bugsy took two tries
                                So, I went back to the pokecenter in route 32 and grabbed the old rod. After that, I searched for 20 minutes to find a 'special tree' which has Heracross in. Special trees are randomly chosen trees that have rarer pokemon inside them, so they're pretty good if you find one. I found out that Heracross flees, so I had to search for more than one.
                                In the end, I caught him. I wanted to call him Hercules, but then I realised that without the s, it's Hercule. Hercule - also known as Mr. Satan - is my favourite character from DBZ, so it had to be done.

After Hercule was caught, I went back to route 31, fishing for Wranthors! I found one and caught it but: Woops! I forgot to nickname it! So, I caught another one and nick named it. However, I realised that it had MUCH better IVs than the other one, so I caught 3 more. The 2nd one was the best one I caught, so I kept that and realeased all the others.
                                Current Team:

Hercule
                                Level 12
                                HP: 42
                                Horn Attack
                                Tackle
                                Leer
                                Endure
                                Highest Stat: Attack - 36
                                Lowest Stat: Special Attack - 18 (OmahGawd, Special has been split up!)
                                Fun Fact: Heracross is Female, but I really wanted to call her Hercule.

Wranthor (Jr.)
                                HP: 31
                                Bubble
                                Hypnosis
                                Highest Stat: Speed - 25
                                Lowest Stat: Defense - 15
                                Isn't that queer? His defense is his weakest stat!
                                Note that I will be training Wranthor Jr., but I will not be using him in Gym Battles as he is water type. However, it'll be until Kanto when I evolve him. I may deposit him until I get to Kanto.

Next time, I will blog my battle against Whitney, me reobtaining Marcus and worrying about HMs! See you then!

Old December 20th, 2008 (5:10 PM).
                                I turn 1 everyday

It would be a proper run without Kanto. What's the point in going through the region again? It just takes more time.
                                  Old December 21st, 2008 (5:39 AM).
                                  Lost and Confused xD

Pokemon Crystal "Blog" Part 2: A VERY Buggy Battle

After defeating Falkner, I tried to leave Violet City, but was told there was a man with glasses in the Pokemon Center waitin to give me the mystery egg. Naturally, I did not want it, but in order to leave, I had to take it. I immediately placed it into my PC and started back on my journey. As it was now nighttime, I tried to take a shot at getting another member of my team. The first pokemon I spotted: A Female Spinarak. I immediately jumped for the opportunity. A few seconds later, Charlotte the Spinarak was the newest member of my team. :D

Soon, it became the morning, and I knew a 4th bug type would soon appear. A little bit later, I finally ran into a Female Ledyba I named, well, Lilo. (From the Episode of Lilo and Stitch that Lilo gets turned into a Ladybug :P) A While Later, Lilo and Charlotte caught up to Spitfire and Celest, level wise, and I was ready to continue my journey. (I'm at 9 hours playtime now...)

I fought my way through Union Cave after solving a Kabuto Puzzle at the Unown Ruins, and found myself in Azalea Town. I talked to a Pokeball Maker named Kurt, and he ran off. I went to the place known as the slowpoke well, where he asked me to chase the Rockets away from the town, as they're hurting all the slowpoke.

I agreed, and chased them off. Soon I found myself face to face with the Azalea Gym Leader, Bugsy, who also specialized in Bug Types.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b_RVWielqk

Bugsy was actually quite hard... Considering I had no moves that could effectively damage Scyther, it took all 4 of mine to take him out... wow.

Current Team:

Celest (Butterfree)
                                    Level: 15

Confusion
                                    Stun Spore
                                    Poison Powder
                                    Sleep Powder

Spitfire (Beedrill)
                                    Level: 14

Fury Attack
                                    Poison Sting
                                    String Shot
                                    Harden

Charlotte (Spinarak)

Poison Sting
                                    String Shot
                                    Scary Face
                                    Constrict

Lilo (Ledyba)

Tackle
                                    Supersonic
                                    Comet Punch

Old December 21st, 2008 (8:12 AM).

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by TheAbsol View Post
                                      It would be a proper run without Kanto. What's the point in going through the region again? It just takes more time.
                                      Why not? Kanto is changed in Gold and Silver to the point where it's still fun to go through. It doesn't last very long either, about quarter of the time it takes in Red/Blue.
                                      Besides, wouldn't you want to fight Red? He's the reason that I say '"It isn't a complete run without Kanto."'
                                      Old December 21st, 2008 (8:28 AM).

Update:
                                        Started my journey i picked charmander for HM
                                        Beat my rival
                                        Caught a Pidgey and Rattata
                                        Trained then both to lvl 15
                                        Beat Brock
                                        Battle the trainers and train both of them to lvl 20
                                        Current team :
                                        Mouse(Raticate)
                                        Lvl 20
                                        [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Mike/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/IMG]
                                        Tackle
                                        Hyper Fang
                                        Growl
                                        Quick-Attack

EXCALIBIRD(pidgeotto)
                                        Lvl 20

Gust
                                        Sand-Attack
                                        Quick-Attack

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Mike/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Mike/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG]
                                        Old December 21st, 2008 (8:39 AM).
                                        I turn 1 everyday

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Ikwaylx View Post
                                          Why not? Kanto is changed in Gold and Silver to the point where it's still fun to go through. It doesn't last very long either, about quarter of the time it takes in Red/Blue.
                                          Besides, wouldn't you want to fight Red? He's the reason that I say '"It isn't a complete run without Kanto."'
                                          Actually nevermind. For a while I thought it would be near impossible but I checked something that totally changes how I'll beat Johto + 2nd Gen Kanto
                                          Old December 21st, 2008 (8:51 AM). Edited December 21st, 2008 by Myzou.
                                          Lost and Confused xD

Pokemon Crystal "Blog" Part 3: A Not So Normal Trip

After Bugsy FINALLY went down, I was now ready to leave Azalea Town, and continue on towards the next gym in Goldenrod City. As I tried to leave the Town, who would pop up, none other than my rival! After dispatching of him, I continued on out of town, towards Ilex Forest.

In the Forest, I met a green haired trainer who gave me a TM for Headbutt, and told me I could headbutt the small trees, and a pokemon might fly out. I couldn't recall what pokemon were obtained via Headbutt, but I took my chances, and taught it to Lilo. Soon, a Pineco popped out. After an intense weakening match versus Celest, Spinner the Pineco was mine!

As I was leavin gthe forest, I stumbled across another pokemon I was familiar with... A Paras! I quickly caught it, and Shroomie was back with me, and I have 6 members on my team! I now finished my trek through the forest, and came out on the other side.

I reached Goldenrod City and spent WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long leveling my party... after another 6 hours, my pokemon were all level 31, and fully evolved, and I was ready to continue. I wasn't going to have a repeat of being underleveled like in Pokemon Blue XD

After arriving in Goldenrod, I went to explore the town. The Bike Shop was nice and let me have a bike in exchange for being willing to advertise it. I stopped by the store in town, and bought 2 TMs for Ice/Thunder Punch, and taught them to Lilo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tkgoCXp5xY

Current Team:

Celest (Butterfree)
                                            Level: 31

Confusion
                                            Gust
                                            Stun Spore
                                            Sleep Powder

Spitfire (Beedrill)

Fury Attack
                                            TwinNeedle
                                            Cut
                                            Pursuit

Charlotte (Ariados)

Poison Sting
                                            Night Shade
                                            Scary Face
                                            Leech Life

Lilo (Ledian)

Ice Punch
                                            Supersonic
                                            Thunder Punch
                                            Headbutt

Shroomie (Parasect)

Tackle
                                            Supersonic
                                            Comet Punch
                                            Headbutt

Spinner (Forretress)

Tackle
                                            Rapid Spin
                                            Bide
                                            Take Down

Old December 21st, 2008 (12:45 PM).
                                            I turn 1 everyday

Ultimate Monotype Challenge
                                              - Grass -

Kanto finished!

Log:
                                              Starting out I thought I'd have so much trouble, but I really didn't. Defeating the Elite 4 was actually a mistake. I decided to use the Elite 4 for training for the Elite 4. Soon, I just ended up getting to Gary and just totally owning him. Time to start Johto on Crystal.

Hall of Famers:

Exeggutor Lvl. 59
                                              - Psychic
                                              - Hypnosis
                                              - Psywave
                                              - Stomp

Venusaur Lvl. 60
                                              - Sleep Powder
                                              - Growth
                                              - Leech Seed
                                              - Vine Whip

Victreebell Lv. 64
                                              - Razor Leaf
                                              - Acid
                                              - Cut
                                              - Sleep Powder
                                              Old December 21st, 2008 (1:32 PM).

OH GOD IT'S A COW KILL IT KILL IT!

Continuing on my journey, I decided that it was time to get Machop from the guy in the Goldenrod Market, so I did. Sadly, it wasn't called Ricky or Marcus, so I'm stuck with a female Machop called Muscle until I can capture my own Machop! Life sucks.
                                                I spent a long time training Wranthor Jr to become a Poliwhirl. Now, when I get a water stone, I'll be ready for evolution. I also trained Muscle up to level 18, by that time, I was ready to defeat Whitney!

Whitney, like usual, is difficult to defeat. I feel sorry for anyone doing a flying type run right now as they'll be tossed aside by Miltank and Rollout. Miltank actually defeated Hercule with ease. However, endure came in handy for stalling Miltank until it had to reset the rollout power.
                                                Muscle got lucky, as rollout missed and she managed to KO Miltank in one chop! Adda girl!

Here's the video: IN WIDESCREEN!
                                                http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=L8IACrchk74

Current Team

HerculeLevel 19
                                                HP: 63
                                                Horn Attack
                                                Leer
                                                Tackle
                                                Endure

MUSCLE
                                                Level 20
                                                HP: 64
                                                Karate Chop
                                                Leer
                                                Seismic Toss
                                                Low Kick

Next segment will come once I arrive in Olivine!

Also, TheAbsol, your posts look awesome. I wish I could use CSS.

Quick Reply