Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread

Old September 3rd, 2013 (9:10 PM).

Nature: Jolly
    I guess now would be a good time to do some shameless advertising, as Hereto said lol.

A Tale of Heroes is now accepting SUs. Not really accepting reserves, but I don't think that should be a problem. If you like JRPGs, or RPGs in general then please, check it out. Link is in sig.

Relevant Advertising!

Old September 4th, 2013 (9:19 AM). Edited September 4th, 2013 by gimmepie.
    Forest's Curse
    • Platinum Tier
    • EOEvent Organizer
    • PokéCommunity Daily

Nature: Mild
    Is there still any love for Journey RPs guys? If so please check out Pokemon: Journey's Through Novia a Journey RP set in an original region with interesting locations set across a chain of tropical islands. There are plenty of starters available right now so give it a look in.

On top of that, if journey's aren't really your thing you might want to try out Midnight: A Darker than Black RP. Based upon the anime Darker than Black this RP gives you the options to play as a supernaturally gifted human being forced into the underground by oppression or a member of a government agency tasked with hunting these people down. There are plenty of places and you can take on up to two characters.

Advertising aside, since we (ChiliDawgs and I) have decided to end Fate/ of a Nation I have one of my six spots unfilled. I'm not making any guarantees here but I have a few ideas for RPs that I might submit. I'm currently writing up a second journey RP set in Hoenn - it will differentiate plenty from EliteBeats' and Songbirds Hoenn RP and the main goal will simply be to fulfil your characters ambitions and explore the region. My other ideas are less fully fleshed out but include an RP set in the Starcraft universe and an original idea that involves time manipulation.

Any of those sound interesting?

Edit: I might actually end up switching to Sinnoh if an alternate route through the region proves easier to plot.

PHANTUMP

Old September 4th, 2013 (9:39 AM).
    autumn is coming
    • Super Moderator
    • Platinum Tier
    • Discord Moderoid

Nature: Naive
    Gimmepie, I love journey RPs but it takes something special to keep me hooked on them. I am currently in two, sorta, so I don't see myself coming back to Novia just yet :3 Hope you'll get some new players though! A proper journey RP in Hoenn hasn't been seen for a while, unless I've gone temporarily blind, in which case I apologize, haha. It would be nice, in any case.

The Midnight RP looks pretty cool. I think I should check out the anime before I attempt it though :3
    Old September 5th, 2013 (8:57 AM).
    • Super Moderator
    • Battle Server Staff
    • Platinum Tier
    • GTGet-Together Event Management
    • Social Media
    • PokéCommunity Daily

Nature: Gentle
    Hm, has anyone watched Megaman: NT Warrior, or played the Megaman Battle Network games?

I was thinking of a Megaman NT warrior RP if anyone is interested, because HOORAY for cyber-world stuff~
    Old September 5th, 2013 (9:30 AM).
    Forest's Curse
    • Platinum Tier
    • EOEvent Organizer
    • PokéCommunity Daily

Nature: Mild
    I think someone else has one in the works right now that garnered a fair bit of interest. So if you don't mind sharing the spotlight you'd probably do well with it.

PHANTUMP

Old September 5th, 2013 (12:40 PM).
    autumn is coming
    • Super Moderator
    • Platinum Tier
    • Discord Moderoid

I've never watched any Megaman stuff or played, sorry. But cyber world stuff is always cool, if you explain enough for outsiders to understand!

Also, I take it from the lack of responses before that no one here is interested in a Warcraft RP? :p
    Old September 5th, 2013 (12:57 PM).
    be prepared for the biggest change

Nature: Brave
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
      I've never watched any Megaman stuff or played, sorry. But cyber world stuff is always cool, if you explain enough for outsiders to understand!

Also, I take it from the lack of responses before that no one here is interested in a Warcraft RP? :p
      Well, I used to play world of warscraft and plan on doing so again in the future. I don't think I would be able to join a world of warcraft RP though… I'm GMing two RP's at the moment and since i'm doing everything on my laptop it's hard for me to join any other RP's as I don't want to neglect the RP's that i'm GMing.

I'm sorry c:
      Old September 5th, 2013 (1:08 PM).

INTEREST CHECK TIME!

I'm thinking about starting a RP, and I have a couple of ideas I've been playing around with, so here we go. Please let me know if any of these interest you, and if so, which one would you prefer:

• Shaolin Showdown!
        Spoiler:
        Join the Shaolin temple, or the order of Heylin, and use your martial arts prowess in order to capture as many Wu as you can in order to save/take over the world!
        Also, even if you lose all your Wu in Shaolin Showdowns, you can always raid other RPers' bases to steal their Wu

• Journey through the Orange Islands
        Spoiler:
        Travel through the unorthodox Orange League. But remember that here, friendship and craftiness are valued over actual battling prowess. You'll have to participate in several contests of luck and skill in order to battle Drake and have your name inscribed forever at the Palace of Victory… if you manage to get that far.

• A Song of Ice and Fire; the Long Night
        Spoiler:
        Approximately 8000 years before the events of a Game of Thrones, an unnatural cold swept Westeros and the Long Night set in. The sun did not seem to rise for a generation. From the distant north, creatures known as the Others descended and nearly destroyed the First Men. The legacy of this time was the founding of the Sworn Brothers of the Night’s Watch and the raising of the mighty Wall but, could you survive the Long Night?

• Gang Wars, Saffron City
        Spoiler:
        Following Red's victory over Team Rocket, the man became a legend, many people wished to meet the man who'd foiled the plans of the greatest evil mastermind in recorded history, and flocked to Kanto, to try to earn a victory in the Pokémon League and battle 'the Legend'. The Kanto Federation of Pokémon Training, took advantage of the boom their league was undergoing and became the first region to allow 17 gyms in the region, one per known Pokémon type, and demanded that Pokémon League entrants hold at least 12 badges. After Red's retirement from training and return to hermitage, that boom died, and the League must dispose of superfluous gyms, establishing a rule that there may only be one gym per city. You are a Gym trainer in Saffron City, where there were three gyms, a Dark one, a Psychic one, and the Fighting Dojo. Will you be able to prove that your Gym is the true and deserving Gym to represent Saffron City?

And yeah, I think that's pretty much it. Please comment!

EDIT:
        @Reds: Warcraft RP sounds GREAT!
        Old September 5th, 2013 (1:41 PM).
        Goodbye PC...for now.

GAMEOFTHRONESGAMEOFTHRONESGAMEOFTHRONESGAMEOFTHRONES!

If you make that roleplay, I will love you. Forever. And ever.
          Old September 5th, 2013 (1:47 PM).
          Sylveon

Nature: Modest
            I'd join a World of Warcraft RP

Old September 5th, 2013 (5:35 PM).
            :: Lives In SHADES of COOL ::
            • Silver Tier

Nature: Timid
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by lacoste View Post
            INTEREST CHECK TIME!

I'm thinking about starting a RP, and I have a couple of ideas I've been playing around with, so here we go. Please let me know if any of these interest you, and if so, which one would you prefer:

• Shaolin Showdown!
            Spoiler:
            Join the Shaolin temple, or the order of Heylin, and use your martial arts prowess in order to capture as many Wu as you can in order to save/take over the world!
            Also, even if you lose all your Wu in Shaolin Showdowns, you can always raid other RPers' bases to steal their Wu {D:} >:(

• Journey through the Orange Islands
            Spoiler:
            Travel through the unorthodox Orange League. But remember that here, friendship and craftiness are valued over actual battling prowess. You'll have to participate in several contests of luck and skill in order to battle Drake and have your name inscribed forever at the Palace of Victory… if you manage to get that far.

• A Song of Ice and Fire; the Long Night
            Spoiler:
            Approximately 8000 years before the events of a Game of Thrones, an unnatural cold swept Westeros and the Long Night set in. The sun did not seem to rise for a generation. From the distant north, creatures known as the Others descended and nearly destroyed the First Men. The legacy of this time was the founding of the Sworn Brothers of the Night’s Watch and the raising of the mighty Wall but, could you survive the Long Night?

• Gang Wars, Saffron City
            Spoiler:
            Following Red's victory over Team Rocket, the man became a legend, many people wished to meet the man who'd foiled the plans of the greatest evil mastermind in recorded history, and flocked to Kanto, to try to earn a victory in the Pokémon League and battle 'the Legend'. The Kanto Federation of Pokémon Training, took advantage of the boom their league was undergoing and became the first region to allow 17 gyms in the region, one per known Pokémon type, and demanded that Pokémon League entrants hold at least 12 badges. After Red's retirement from training and return to hermitage, that boom died, and the League must dispose of superfluous gyms, establishing a rule that there may only be one gym per city. You are a Gym trainer in Saffron City, where there were three gyms, a Dark one, a Psychic one, and the Fighting Dojo. Will you be able to prove that your Gym is the true and deserving Gym to represent Saffron City?
            Gang Wars sounds like it would need a very defined plot and continuous events in order to assure people keeping interest in an RP that is restrained to one city~
            A Song of Ice and Fire. Okay so I have this crush in GoT as of now, so I'd definitely be all over that regardless of the plot xD
            Shaolin Showdown :OOOO YES YES YES I LOVED THAT SERIES AND THE WU CONCEPT OMG DO IT AND DO IT NOW!
            Orange Islands AAAAAAAH DO IT DO IT DO IT!
            No, seriously, I have yet to see a journey RP set in the Orange Islands where there are friggin' pink Pokemon and Valencian Pokemon, and if you do it, I WILL LOVE YOU FOR EVER EVER AFTER

@Reeeeeka. I apologize for not replying.
            MMOs and RPGs have that very special something when made into RPs :3
            Maybe it's the world, or the freedom/customization or whatever, but I'd definitely be interested in an RP like that :D

Chalifoux
            Lives In Shades Of Cool
            :: can't get thru his world ::

Private Message
            Friend Code
            Logbook
            IGN
            Trade Reviews
            Pair

Old September 6th, 2013 (2:53 AM).
            autumn is coming
            • Super Moderator
            • Platinum Tier
            • Discord Moderoid

@ anyone who commented on the Warcraft thing - okay :D thanks for the response!

@ lacoste, I'm interested in the Orange Islands and Saffron Gang Wars ideas. Especially the Saffron one! To have some fighting trainers, some dark and some psychic team up and do stuff in a confined and hopefully well described city would be pretty cool.
            Old September 6th, 2013 (7:07 AM).

Nature: Lonely
              @lacoste: I like the sound of the Orange Islands idea. Sounds nifty :3
              Old September 6th, 2013 (8:49 AM).
              fire > ice
              • Gold Tier

I was thinking of a roleplay involving gangsters, mafia wars, guns, drugs, prostitution, back-stabbing and Hong Kong. How does that sound?

And if you're wondering, yes I just came off from playing Sleeping Dogs.
              Old September 6th, 2013 (12:41 PM).
              Evil Cute Thing

Nature: Timid
                Just making a roleplay that is all about the afterlife if anyone's interested and is heavily based of the anime angel beats. The ooc will be up in a little while and if you like the sound of it I will post the link here - since it may become difficult to find. It's called 'Life after death.'

I just felt like saying that - it's my first time using this thread

Old September 6th, 2013 (4:34 PM).
                i'm going on a journey
                • Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Crimson0191 View Post
                Just making a roleplay that is all about the afterlife if anyone's interested and is heavily based of the anime angel beats. The ooc will be up in a little while and if you like the sound of it I will post the link here - since it may become difficult to find. It's called 'Life after death.'

I just felt like saying that - it's my first time using this thread
                Oooo I love Angel Beats! Not really sure how that would work though... unless we were to stay in purgatory forever. Anyways, I might not be able to join since i'm so busy XD but nevertheless I'll either join or follow along closely
                Old September 7th, 2013 (6:24 AM).
                Mega Ampharos is the one.

Guys, it saddens me to say that I must take a really really long break. My laptop is broken, internet is crappy at at best, life duties and too much real academic requirements are severely taking too much of my time. I just can't continue to roleplay for now, for at least a month or two until I get everything sorted out. Sorry guys. I'll miss this corner, and the awesome people here. Bye for now. Tata. I love you all. See you space cowboys.

Feel free to kick me out whatever rp i am in. Bye guys.

RT ip you creyed. T.T

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
                  Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
                  Old September 7th, 2013 (6:30 AM).
                  Goodbye PC...for now.

Fare thee well, MR. It's always sad to see a good roleplayer go Return as soon as you can! Like we discovered with Wolfy, one NEVER truly leaves the RPC.
                    Old September 7th, 2013 (7:09 AM).
                    be prepared for the biggest change

Nature: Brave
                      Miltankrancher- I won't remove you from SAO since you are planning on returning, right? c:
                      Old September 8th, 2013 (2:54 AM).
                      King of the Hell

Damn it guys, stop having awesome ideas! Who will pay attention to my Zelda RP now?

I'm working on the OOC Post for Legend of Zelda: Hyrule's Decline as we speak type read this.

That said, here are the target audience factors:

Zelda Series Fans and Fanatics (You don't have to be as crazy about it as myself, though)

Dedicated Roleplayers (Those that can post regularly and not spontaneously die)

Creative Minds (Characters must start out very flawed; the point of this is to leave much room for improvement!)

Small Group Possibility (A small group means closer interaction, and a bit more dedication is required to achieve this)

If you think you can fit into something like this, be sure to keep a look out for this thread in the near future. I'll be sure to mention it here when I see that it has been accepted and ready for players. I hope I'm not the only one excited!
                        Old September 8th, 2013 (6:12 AM).
                        • Platinum Tier

Has anyone ever considered using the Showdown Battle server to host a roleplaying tournament?...
                        Old September 8th, 2013 (6:19 AM).
                        autumn is coming
                        • Super Moderator
                        • Platinum Tier
                        • Discord Moderoid

@ Peter, that sounds pretty awesome, haha. But at the same time not, because battles are fun to write about. But maybe battles could be done there just to decide what pokémon faces what, and who goes down when and who finally comes out as the winner. And then the replay could be used as a base for a proper post about the battle :3
                        Old September 8th, 2013 (6:24 AM). Edited September 8th, 2013 by Mana.
                        • Platinum Tier

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
                        @ Peter, that sounds pretty awesome, haha. But at the same time not, because battles are fun to write about. But maybe battles could be done there just to decide what pokémon faces what, and who goes down when and who finally comes out as the winner. And then the replay could be used as a base for a proper post about the battle :3
                        That's what I meant, mainly Making accurate teams and writing about whatever occurs during the match, in a more literary sense.

So, for instance, if you get a random crit hit in the battle then you can write an explanation of how it was such a good hit - similarly if an attack misses/is avoided then the writer can explain that.

Quote:
                        Honchcrow used Air Slash. It missed.
                        Croconaw used Water Pulse, 25% Damage.
                        Honchcrow used Thunder Wave, Croconaw is paralysed.
                        Honchcrow used Wing Attack, 32% Damage.
                        Croconaw was fully paralysed.
                        Honchcrow used Wing Attack, 32% Damage.
                        Quote:
                        Croconaw dove to the side, anticipating the dangerous air slash attack, countering with a powerful pulse of water. Honchcrow, furious at it's miss, commanded a wave of electrical energy to paralyse its foe, before reeling off a series of wing-attacks - each hit the slow crocodile pokémon, slowly chipping away at its health.
                        It would, in many ways, add an element of 'realness' to roleplay-written battles as they tend to be overly fair as nobody wants to ever lose.

I'd love to see someone implement this into a journey roleplay. For Gym Battles the GM could easily make some mockup team, etc.
                        Old September 8th, 2013 (6:32 AM).
                        • Super Moderator
                        • Battle Server Staff
                        • Platinum Tier
                        • GTGet-Together Event Management
                        • Social Media
                        • PokéCommunity Daily

Nature: Gentle
                        Hmmm, that's actually not a bad idea ~ it'd be quite an interesting way for people who would want to dual post a battle scenario, and would try to figure out who would win!

Ahhh good ol' scientific mechanics, we meet again~
                        Old September 8th, 2013 (9:24 AM).
                        Goodbye PC...for now.

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if anybody would like to join a roleplay where you roleplay as...yourself.

Quick Reply