ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #326    
Old January 27th, 2009 (5:30 PM).
Quickster's Avatar
Quickster Quickster is offline
Dream or Drop?
     
    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Quiet
    Posts: 351

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ninja Caterpie View Post
    -sigh-

    In AMap, on the script tile, put "0003" as the top unknown and the "5040" as the thing underneath.

    i have that,but it still doesnt work.

    __________________

    I laugh looking at this.

    But sometimes I want to come back to it...


    Relevant Advertising!

      #327    
    Old January 27th, 2009 (8:01 PM).
    Nosman's Avatar
    Nosman Nosman is offline
    I'm with stupid ^
       
      Join Date: Jun 2008
      Location: Not installed yet
      Age: 24
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Naughty
      Posts: 117

      Quickster try 4050 instead of 5040

      now can i have help with mine. Because.......

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Nosman View Post
      i STILL need help bad!
      i will edit this when i no longer need help
      so pleaz help.

      Game: Fire Red
      System: XSE
      Type: 1st: Script
      2nd: Person event
      3rd: Script

      i need...

      1st script:
      my attempt...

      '---------------
      #org 0x17922E
      lockall
      msgbox 0x82E9217 MSG_NORMAL '"[grey_fr]Hang on a second\nI have ..."
      closeonkeypress
      applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x81E80DF
      waitmovement 0x0
      msgbox 0x81E8C07 MSG_NORMAL '"[grey_fr]Where was that again?"
      closeonkeypress
      releaseall
      end

      '---------
      ' Strings
      '---------
      #org 0x2E9217
      = [grey_fr]Hang on a second\nI have to go see [rival].

      #org 0x1E8C07
      = [grey_fr]Where was that again?

      '-----------
      ' Movements
      '-----------
      #org 0x1E80DF
      #raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
      #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

      Problem:
      Does do deactivate

      What i want it to do: Bring up first message then move player down then bring up second message. but not do this after seeing rival.

      2nd script: The rival
      my attempt...

      '---------------
      #org 0x1C5BA1
      lock
      faceplayer
      checkflag 0x1126
      if 0x1 call 0x81792E8
      checkflag 0x1127
      if 0x1 call 0x81792E9
      release
      end

      '---------------
      #org 0x1792E8
      msgbox 0x8E89217 0X6
      end

      #org 0xE89217
      = Hi [player].\nWhat do you meen that\nevery thing looks different?\p...\pOh! I see well I will help\n you find out.

      '---------------
      #org 0x1792E9
      msgbox 0xE99217 0X6
      end

      #org 0xE99217
      = What have you found out\nso far\p...\pI see...\nI will keep an ear out\nand let you know if i hear\nany thing.

      Problem: when you talk to him it freezes the game and the script dose not open

      What i want it to do: The first message box opens the closes when you talk to him again the second message box opens. Then when you talk to him again the second message box opens. and so on

      Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx

      3rd script:

      What i want it to do: Not let me past until get a pokemon and the pokedex. By not letting me past i want i to move me back.

      __________________


      (\__/)
      (='.'=) This Is Bunny. Copy And Paste Bunny Into
      ('')_('') Your Signature To Help Him Gain World Domination!!!!

      GAMES I SUPPORT
      Spoiler:





        #328    
      Old January 28th, 2009 (12:37 AM).
      TB Pro's Avatar
      TB Pro TB Pro is offline
      Old-timer
         
        Join Date: Nov 2004
        Location: Midwestern USA
        Age: 23
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 2,739

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Nosman View Post
        Quickster try 4050 instead of 5040

        now can i have help with mine. Because.......

        Use the first script. Add

        Code:
        checkflag 0x[Flag used in rival event]
        if 0x1 goto @offset
        And it should work.

        __________________

        --I'm a creepin'..

          #329    
        Old January 28th, 2009 (1:02 AM).
        12345's Avatar
        12345 12345 is offline
        Sky
           
          Join Date: Aug 2007
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Calm
          Posts: 410

          I have problem with showpokepic command in Ruby, the color of picture is not true.
          And

          I use this code to store Pokemon to pokedex in Ruby but it doesn't work

          Code:
          setvar 0x8004 0x5
          special 0x163
          i think event # (163) of special command is wrong.

          __________________



          Favorite Pokemon Game: GBA-Emerald, DS-Platinum, Dungeon-Red/Blue, Ranger - Guardian Signs

            #330    
          Old January 28th, 2009 (12:22 PM).
          Andryandrew Andryandrew is offline
          Italian Asm Hacker
             
            Join Date: Mar 2007
            Age: 24
            Gender:
            Nature: Timid
            Posts: 117

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
            I have problem with showpokepic command in Ruby, the color of picture is not true.
            And

            I use this code to store Pokemon to pokedex in Ruby but it doesn't work

            Code:
            setvar 0x8004 0x5
            special 0x163
            i think event # (163) of special command is wrong.
            the event semms to be correct... This construct add pokemon #5 to "seen" pokedex...

            __________________


            Sorry for my bad English... I'm Italian
            Anybody that is a GBA ASM hacker is cool!
            I'm a GBA ASM hacker --> I'm cool :D

            Made Day-Night Routine! You can find the thread HERE

              #331    
            Old January 29th, 2009 (9:26 AM).
            Hoshiko Aki's Avatar
            Hoshiko Aki Hoshiko Aki is offline
            Avatar rules
               
              Join Date: Oct 2008
              Posts: 109

              how can i made a script that i can enter a house after the 7e gym?
              But it there stands a NPC in the front of the entrance. that spirte must dissapear after the 7e gym.

              can somebuddy help?

                #332    
              Old January 29th, 2009 (11:09 AM).
              Pokepal17's Avatar
              Pokepal17 Pokepal17 is offline
              More cowbell~
              • Silver Tier
               
              Join Date: Oct 2008
              Location: Steeltown
              Age: 22
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Modest
              Posts: 1,511

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Ichiro Kazuki View Post
              how can i made a script that i can enter a house after the 7e gym?
              But it there stands a NPC in the front of the entrance. that spirte must dissapear after the 7e gym.

              can somebuddy help?

              Give the person an ID code which is the same value as the flag that activates the 7th badge on the trainer card and make sure you set that flag after the 7th gym leader is beaten.

              __________________

              Pokémon Stardrop

                #333    
              Old January 29th, 2009 (12:48 PM).
              Eternal Finality Eternal Finality is offline
                 
                Join Date: May 2008
                Posts: 38

                I have a question,

                right now i have a script that let the player obtain an antidote. but when i walk away, the antidote reappears. What do I do to make it one time only?

                Spoiler:

                #dynamic 0x(offset)
                #org @start
                checkflag 0x200
                if 0x1 goto @got
                giveitem 0xE 0x1 0x1
                setflag 0x200
                end

                #org @got
                clearflag 0x200
                end

                  #334    
                Old January 29th, 2009 (12:53 PM).
                Pokepal17's Avatar
                Pokepal17 Pokepal17 is offline
                More cowbell~
                • Silver Tier
                 
                Join Date: Oct 2008
                Location: Steeltown
                Age: 22
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Modest
                Posts: 1,511

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Eternal Finality View Post
                I have a question,

                right now i have a script that let the player obtain an antidote. but when i walk away, the antidote reappears. What do I do to make it one time only?

                Spoiler:

                #dynamic 0x(offset)
                #org @start
                checkflag 0x200
                if 0x1 goto @got
                giveitem 0xE 0x1 0x1
                setflag 0x200
                end

                #org @got
                clearflag 0x200
                end

                Well if it's in a Pokeball, then all you need is

                Spoiler:

                #dynamic 0x(offset)

                #org @start
                giveitem 0xE 0x1 0x1
                end

                And give the Pokeball any ID code which hasn't been used.

                __________________

                Pokémon Stardrop

                  #335    
                Old January 29th, 2009 (12:53 PM).
                пзо's Avatar
                пзо пзо is offline
                zzirRusty
                   
                  Join Date: Dec 2008
                  Nature: Quiet
                  Posts: 222

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Eternal Finality View Post
                  I have a question,

                  right now i have a script that let the player obtain an antidote. but when i walk away, the antidote reappears. What do I do to make it one time only?

                  Spoiler:

                  #dynamic 0x(offset)
                  #org @start
                  checkflag 0x200
                  if 0x1 goto @got
                  giveitem 0xE 0x1 0x1
                  hidesprite 0x(Person number)
                  setflag 0x200
                  end

                  #org @got
                  clearflag 0x200
                  end

                  In Advanced map, goto, set Person Id, and write "200" as thats the setflag, and i edited it abit.

                  __________________

                  | Pokémon Obsidian | Pokémon Mystical Glacier |
                  Yeah, I said it, Pokémon Mystical Glacier..
                  Its comming back.. Better than ever.
                  Along side Pokémon Obsidian.

                    #336    
                  Old January 29th, 2009 (1:10 PM).
                  Eternal Finality Eternal Finality is offline
                     
                    Join Date: May 2008
                    Posts: 38

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Pokepal17 View Post
                    Well if it's in a Pokeball, then all you need is

                    Spoiler:

                    #dynamic 0x(offset)

                    #org @start
                    giveitem 0xE 0x1 0x1
                    end

                    And give the Pokeball any ID code which hasn't been used.

                    thanks for the fast reply! Is there a list where I can see which ID numbers are already used? Thanks.

                    Also, Im new to scripting, I understand bits of it, but how do I make it so that a person gives the player an item, (without giving the player an option to refuse it).

                      #337    
                    Old January 29th, 2009 (2:06 PM).
                    TB Pro's Avatar
                    TB Pro TB Pro is offline
                    Old-timer
                       
                      Join Date: Nov 2004
                      Location: Midwestern USA
                      Age: 23
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 2,739

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Eternal Finality View Post
                      thanks for the fast reply! Is there a list where I can see which ID numbers are already used? Thanks.

                      Also, Im new to scripting, I understand bits of it, but how do I make it so that a person gives the player an item, (without giving the player an option to refuse it).

                      Giveitem does this automatically. Additem does too, and you can use a custom fanfare with it.

                      __________________

                      --I'm a creepin'..

                        #338    
                      Old January 29th, 2009 (2:33 PM).
                      Ninja Caterpie's Avatar
                      Ninja Caterpie Ninja Caterpie is offline
                      Sitting by the back window
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2008
                        Location: Best City OCE
                        Age: 21
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Bold
                        Posts: 5,945

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Eternal Finality View Post
                        thanks for the fast reply! Is there a list where I can see which ID numbers are already used? Thanks.

                        Also, Im new to scripting, I understand bits of it, but how do I make it so that a person gives the player an item, (without giving the player an option to refuse it).

                        Do you have XSE? The compiled guide has list of already used flags. Put any unused flag into the ID. Be warned, though. Once it's been used as some things ID, don't use it in a script.

                        Oh, and giving an item without a question...Well, you just remove the question part.

                        For example...

                        Code:
                        ...
                        message @take 0x6 'this is the message it shows before giving the item. Maybe "Here, take this Potion" or something.
                        giveitem <item in hex> <amount> 0x0 'gives the item with the message "[PLAYER] recieved <ITEM>. Put [ITEM] in [BAG POCKET].
                        ...

                        To not make it reset, you've got flags and stuff.

                        __________________

                        Brony represent.

                          #339    
                        Old January 29th, 2009 (2:39 PM).
                        Eternal Finality Eternal Finality is offline
                           
                          Join Date: May 2008
                          Posts: 38

                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Ninja Caterpie View Post
                          Do you have XSE? The compiled guide has list of already used flags. Put any unused flag into the ID. Be warned, though. Once it's been used as some things ID, don't use it in a script.

                          Oh, and giving an item without a question...Well, you just remove the question part.

                          For example...

                          Code:
                          message @take 0x6
                          giveitem <item in hex> <amount> 0x0 'gives the item with the message "[PLAYER] recieved <ITEM>. Put [ITEM] in [BAG POCKET].
                          The rest you've learnt by means of flags. =P

                          yes Im using XSE, so the IDs are basically the same as flaggs, i see.
                          One more question though, i cant find the question part. (still dont understand all of XSE scripting) so i dont know what the script will look like.

                            #340    
                          Old January 29th, 2009 (2:43 PM).
                          Ninja Caterpie's Avatar
                          Ninja Caterpie Ninja Caterpie is offline
                          Sitting by the back window
                             
                            Join Date: Mar 2008
                            Location: Best City OCE
                            Age: 21
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Bold
                            Posts: 5,945

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Eternal Finality View Post
                            yes Im using XSE, so the IDs are basically the same as flaggs, i see.
                            One more question though, i cant find the question part. (still dont understand all of XSE scripting) so i dont know what the script will look like.
                            The, uh, flags ARE IDs. :\

                            I don't quite understand what you mean in that question.

                            __________________

                            Brony represent.

                              #341    
                            Old January 29th, 2009 (2:50 PM).
                            Eternal Finality Eternal Finality is offline
                               
                              Join Date: May 2008
                              Posts: 38

                              I meant that im too much of a beginner that i cant figure out the script, that a NPC will give me an item, without the box [accept yes/no].

                              I'd like it like:

                              NPC: i see that..blabla take this
                              *player recieved a potion*
                              NPC: good luck on your quest

                              now i have this, but XSE cant even compile it.

                              Spoiler:

                              #dynamic 0x2DD1F4
                              #org @start
                              lock
                              faceplayer
                              msgbox @hello 0x6
                              setflag 0x201
                              additem 0x0E 0x1 0x0
                              checkflag 0x201
                              if 0x1 goto @bye
                              release
                              end

                              #org @hello
                              = The outer world is dangerous.\nHere, take this.
                              release
                              end

                              #org @bye
                              = Good luck on your quest.
                              release
                              end

                                #342    
                              Old January 29th, 2009 (3:01 PM).
                              Lyzo's Avatar
                              Lyzo Lyzo is offline
                              On vacation
                                 
                                Join Date: Mar 2007
                                Location: The Netherlands
                                Age: 22
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Bold
                                Posts: 252

                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Eternal Finality View Post
                                I meant that im too much of a beginner that i cant figure out the script, that a NPC will give me an item, without the box [accept yes/no].

                                I'd like it like:

                                NPC: i see that..blabla take this
                                *player recieved a potion*
                                NPC: good luck on your quest

                                now i have this, but XSE cant even compile it.

                                Spoiler:

                                #dynamic 0x2DD1F4
                                #org @start
                                lock
                                faceplayer
                                msgbox @hello 0x6
                                setflag 0x201
                                additem 0x0E 0x1 0x0
                                checkflag 0x201
                                if 0x1 goto @bye
                                release
                                end

                                #org @hello
                                = The outer world is dangerous.\nHere, take this.
                                release
                                end

                                #org @bye
                                = Good luck on your quest.
                                release
                                end

                                I would get rid of the setflag and the checkflag
                                Make the script like this:

                                Spoiler:
                                #dynamic 0x2DD1F4

                                #org @start
                                lock
                                faceplayer
                                msgbox @hello 0x6
                                additem 0x0E 0x1 0x0
                                msgbox @bye 0x6
                                release
                                end

                                #org @hello
                                = The outer world is dangerous.\nHere, take this.

                                #org @bye
                                = Good luck on your quest.

                                When you're using a msgbox you don't need the release and end
                                The rest of the script is fine. Mabye you want to change the #dynamic 0x2DD1F4
                                to #dynamic 0x800000.

                                __________________



                                Thank you The Blueprint !!!

                                  #343    
                                Old January 29th, 2009 (3:06 PM).
                                Eternal Finality Eternal Finality is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: May 2008
                                  Posts: 38

                                  when I try that script, i get the error
                                  "too much parameters on line 7. The correct amount is 2"

                                  line 7 is the line with the add item command.

                                  I'm curious, why would I want to change the offset to 80000?

                                  (im using Free Space finder to find offsets, also I wont use any original offsets for my hack, im planning to make my own world without any routes/towns from Kanto, if possible)

                                  edit: i found that in the additem command, the last 0x0 must be removed.

                                    #344    
                                  Old January 29th, 2009 (3:12 PM).
                                  Lyzo's Avatar
                                  Lyzo Lyzo is offline
                                  On vacation
                                     
                                    Join Date: Mar 2007
                                    Location: The Netherlands
                                    Age: 22
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Bold
                                    Posts: 252

                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Eternal Finality View Post
                                    when I try that script, i get the error
                                    "too much parameters on line 7. The correct amount is 2"

                                    line 7 is the line with the add item command.

                                    I'm curious, why would I want to change the offset to 80000?

                                    (im using Free Space finder to find offsets, also I wont use any original offsets for my hack, im planning to make my own world without any routes/towns from Kanto, if possible)

                                    edit: i found that in the additem command, the last 0x0 must be removed.

                                    If you're using a free space finder then don't change it ;)

                                    For the item command. Try changing it to giveitem and change the last part (0x0) to 0x6.

                                    Change:

                                    Code:
                                    additem 0x0E 0x1 0x0

                                    Change to:

                                    giveitem 0x0E 0x1 0x6

                                    __________________



                                    Thank you The Blueprint !!!

                                      #345    
                                    Old January 29th, 2009 (3:15 PM).
                                    Eternal Finality Eternal Finality is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: May 2008
                                      Posts: 38

                                      i tried the give item command, but now he just says his first line and then nothing happens.

                                        #346    
                                      Old January 29th, 2009 (3:37 PM).
                                      Ninja Caterpie's Avatar
                                      Ninja Caterpie Ninja Caterpie is offline
                                      Sitting by the back window
                                         
                                        Join Date: Mar 2008
                                        Location: Best City OCE
                                        Age: 21
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Bold
                                        Posts: 5,945

                                        Give item 0x0 at the end.

                                        __________________

                                        Brony represent.

                                          #347    
                                        Old January 29th, 2009 (3:44 PM).
                                        Eternal Finality Eternal Finality is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: May 2008
                                          Posts: 38

                                          I meant that when using the above script, the man says his first line once, and then nothing happens, i get no item.

                                            #348    
                                          Old January 29th, 2009 (4:11 PM). Edited January 29th, 2009 by Thrace.
                                          Ninja Caterpie's Avatar
                                          Ninja Caterpie Ninja Caterpie is offline
                                          Sitting by the back window
                                             
                                            Join Date: Mar 2008
                                            Location: Best City OCE
                                            Age: 21
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Bold
                                            Posts: 5,945

                                            Have you changed 0x6 to 0x0 yet?

                                            __________________

                                            Brony represent.

                                              #349    
                                            Old January 30th, 2009 (12:31 AM).
                                            Austinia's Avatar
                                            Austinia Austinia is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: Jun 2008
                                              Location: California
                                              Age: 25
                                              Gender:
                                              Nature: Quirky
                                              Posts: 152

                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Austinia View Post
                                              Ok, so I made a quiz script... and theres several things I've found wrong with it...
                                              >If you get a question wrong, she does not let you retake the quiz (though the setflag should only activate if you get it right) and when you beat the quiz, she repeats the [email protected]' message twice and does not give you the prize. Then when you try to talk to her, she says nothing.

                                              Anyways, I took out the messages but hopefully it's still fixable :/ I'll be trying to fix it. Thanks for any help!

                                              Spoiler:
                                              #dynamic 0x800000

                                              #org @start
                                              lock
                                              faceplayer
                                              checkflag 0x109
                                              compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                                              if 0x1 goto @alreadytookquiz
                                              msgbox @liketotakequiz 0x5
                                              compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                                              if 0x1 goto @takequizandquestion
                                              msgbox @noquiz 0x2
                                              release
                                              end

                                              #org @alreadytookquiz
                                              msgbox @done 0x2
                                              release
                                              end

                                              #org @takequizandquestion
                                              msgbox @question1 0x5
                                              compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                                              if 0x1 goto @correct1
                                              msgbox @wrong1 0x2
                                              release
                                              end

                                              #org @correct1
                                              msgbox @question2 0x5
                                              compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                                              if 0x1 goto @correct2
                                              msgbox @wrong2 0x2
                                              release
                                              end

                                              #org @correct2
                                              msgbox @question3 0x5
                                              compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                                              if 0x0 goto @correct3
                                              msgbox @wrong3 0x2
                                              release
                                              end

                                              #org @correct3
                                              msgbox @question4 0x5
                                              compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                                              if 0x1 goto @correct4
                                              msgbox @wrong4 0x2
                                              release
                                              end

                                              #org @correct4
                                              msgbox @question5 0x5
                                              compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                                              if 0x1 goto @correct5
                                              msgbox @wrong5 0x2
                                              release
                                              end

                                              #org @correct5
                                              msgbox @winner 0x2
                                              setflag 0x109
                                              giveitem 0xCD 0x1 0x6
                                              release
                                              end

                                              #org @question1
                                              =

                                              #org @wrong1
                                              =

                                              #org @question2
                                              =

                                              #org @wrong2
                                              =

                                              #org @question3
                                              =

                                              #org @wrong3
                                              =

                                              #org @question4
                                              =

                                              #org @wrong4
                                              =

                                              #org @question5
                                              =

                                              #org @wrong5
                                              =

                                              #org @winner
                                              =

                                              #org @done
                                              =

                                              #org @liketotakequiz
                                              =

                                              #org @noquiz
                                              =

                                              still need help
                                              still need help with this script :/

                                                #350    
                                              Old January 30th, 2009 (4:25 AM).
                                              Eternal Finality Eternal Finality is offline
                                                 
                                                Join Date: May 2008
                                                Posts: 38

                                                Spoiler:

                                                #dynamic 0x2DD1F4

                                                #org @start
                                                lock
                                                faceplayer
                                                msgbox @hello 0x6
                                                additem 0x0E 0x1 0x0
                                                msgbox @bye 0x6
                                                release
                                                end

                                                #org @hello
                                                = The outer world is dangerous.\nHere, take this.

                                                #org @bye
                                                = Good luck on your quest.

                                                This works as in that the player obtaines an item, but when i speak to the man again. i get the item again.

                                                Closed Thread
                                                Quick Reply

                                                Sponsored Links
                                                Thread Tools

                                                Posting Rules
                                                You may not post new threads
                                                You may not post replies
                                                You may not post attachments
                                                You may not edit your posts

                                                BB code is On
                                                Smilies are On
                                                [IMG] code is On
                                                HTML code is Off

                                                Forum Jump


                                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:12 AM.