ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #3826    
Old May 14th, 2010 (5:36 AM).
Jacusiek's Avatar
Jacusiek Jacusiek is offline
     
    Join Date: Apr 2009
    Location: Poland
    Age: 22
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Quiet
    Posts: 18
    Hello! I'm new here (and I'm from Poland, so my english isn't so good). I need help.
    I want to know, how can I delete experience gained by defeating pokemons in Elite
    Four (with Wallace) in Emerald. I want to do, that even my pokemons are 10 lvl, that
    won't get EXP. It may be script similar to Battle Frontier (when I defeat somebody
    there, I don't get EXP). Can somebody explain how can I do it? Please help...

    Relevant Advertising!

      #3827    
    Old May 14th, 2010 (5:51 AM).
    Shiny Quagsire's Avatar
    Shiny Quagsire Shiny Quagsire is offline
    I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
       
      Join Date: May 2009
      Location: Hoenn Safari Zone
      Age: 19
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Jolly
      Posts: 700
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Jacusiek View Post
      Hello! I'm new here (and I'm from Poland, so my english isn't so good). I need help.
      I want to know, how can I delete experience gained by defeating pokemons in Elite
      Four (with Wallace) in Emerald. I want to do, that even my pokemons are 10 lvl, that
      won't get EXP. It may be script similar to Battle Frontier (when I defeat somebody
      there, I don't get EXP). Can somebody explain how can I do it? Please help...
      Actually, that would most likely require ASM skill, which I'm assuming you don't have.
      __________________



        #3828    
      Old May 14th, 2010 (5:57 AM). Edited May 14th, 2010 by Jacusiek.
      Jacusiek's Avatar
      Jacusiek Jacusiek is offline
         
        Join Date: Apr 2009
        Location: Poland
        Age: 22
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quiet
        Posts: 18
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by shiny quagsire View Post
        Actually, that would most likely require ASM skill, which I'm assuming you don't have.
        Maybe I don't have ASM skill (and I don't know what it is), but I learn really fast. Could somebody explain me how to do it, please?

        I found a script, but I don't know which part can delete EXP (It's from battle frontier):

        Spoiler:
        '---------------
        #org 0x16049E
        lock
        faceplayer
        setvar 0x8004 0x0
        special 0xEE
        compare 0x800D 0x6
        if 0x1 goto 0x8160342
        special 0x27
        msgbox 0x8199F2C 0x4 '"Welcome to the BATTLE TOWER!\pPlea..."
        preparemsg 0x8199F79 '"Would you like to make a BATTLE RO..."
        waitmsg
        multichoice 0xF 0x6 0x17 0x0
        copyvar 0x8000 0x800D
        compare 0x8000 0x0
        if 0x1 goto 0x81604FA
        compare 0x8000 0x1
        if 0x1 goto 0x8160600
        compare 0x8000 0x2
        if 0x1 goto 0x8160652
        compare 0x8000 0x7F
        if 0x1 goto 0x8160652
        preparemsg 0x819A024 '"There are two BATTLE ROOMS,\nLevel..."
        waitmsg
        multichoice 0x12 0x6 0x18 0x0
        copyvar 0x8000 0x800D
        compare 0x8000 0x2
        if 0x1 goto 0x8160652
        compare 0x8000 0x7F
        if 0x1 goto 0x8160652
        special 0xE9
        compare 0x8004 0x1
        if 0x1 goto 0x816060D
        setvar 0x8004 0x1
        copyvar 0x8005 0x800D
        copyvar 0x8006 0x800D
        special 0xED
        msgbox 0x819A07B 0x4 '"Please select the POKéMON you wish..."
        fadescreen 0x1
        special 0xF5
        waitstate
        compare 0x800D 0x0
        if 0x1 goto 0x816064F
        msgbox 0x8199FDA 0x5 '"Before entering a BATTLE ROOM, you..."
        copyvar 0x8000 0x800D
        compare 0x8000 0x0
        if 0x1 goto 0x816064F
        compare 0x8000 0x1
        if 0x1 goto 0x8160587
        compare 0x8000 0x7F
        if 0x1 goto 0x816064F
        setvar 0x8004 0x5
        special 0xED
        setvar 0x4000 0x0
        setvar 0x8004 0xB
        special 0xED
        setvar 0x8004 0x0
        setvar 0x8005 0x1
        special 0xED
        setvar 0x8004 0x8
        setvar 0x8005 0x0
        special 0xED
        special 0x28
        closeonkeypress
        pause 0x2
        call 0x819F806
        setvar 0x4000 0x5
        hidebox 0x0 0x0 0xF 0xA
        compare 0x800D 0x0
        if 0x1 goto 0x8160642
        cmdc3 0x1E
        special 0x27
        special 0xEF
        setvar 0x40BC 0x1
        msgbox 0x819A0A8 0x4 '"I'll direct you to your BATTLE ROO..."
        closeonkeypress
        call 0x8160664
        warp 0x1A 0x6 0xFF 0x1 0x6
        setvar 0x4000 0x0
        waitstate
        msgbox 0x819A0D1 0x4 '"The BATTLE TOWER is a facility mad..."
        goto 0x81604BE

        '---------------
        #org 0x160342
        lock
        faceplayer
        preparemsg 0x819A487 '"Congratulations!\nYou've beaten al..."
        waitmsg
        setvar 0x8004 0x0
        special 0xEE
        compare 0x800D 0x6
        if 0x1 goto 0x816037D
        special 0xF4
        compare 0x800D 0x0
        if 0x1 goto 0x816037D
        preparemsg 0x819A6BE '"Here are some RIBBONS for beating\..."
        waitmsg
        fanfare 0x172
        waitfanfare
        msgbox 0x819A719 0x4 '"[player] put the RIBBONS on the\nc..."
        setvar 0x8004 0x8
        special 0xEE
        compare 0x800D 0x1
        if 0x1 goto 0x81603AD
        preparemsg 0x819A589 '"Your record will be saved.\nPlease..."
        waitmsg
        setvar 0x8004 0xD
        special 0xED
        special 0xF2
        setvar 0x8004 0x3
        special 0xF0
        sound 0x37
        checksound
        setvar 0x8004 0x0
        setvar 0x8005 0x3
        special 0xED
        preparemsg 0x819A4BB '"For beating seven TRAINERS in a ro..."
        waitmsg
        special 0xF3
        copyvar 0x8000 0x800D
        compare 0x8000 0x0
        if 0x1 goto 0x8160408
        preparemsg 0x819A506 '"[player] received the prize\n[buff..."
        waitmsg
        fanfare 0x172
        waitfanfare
        setvar 0x8004 0x9
        special 0xEE
        compare 0x800D 0x31
        if 0x5 goto 0x81603F8
        msgbox 0x819A617 0x4 '"You're finally about to face the\n..."
        msgbox 0x8199FA9 0x4 '"We'll be looking forward to your\n..."
        closeonkeypress
        setvar 0x4000 0x5
        release
        end

        '---------------
        #org 0x1604FA
        preparemsg 0x819A024 '"There are two BATTLE ROOMS,\nLevel..."
        waitmsg
        multichoice 0x12 0x6 0x18 0x0
        copyvar 0x8000 0x800D
        compare 0x8000 0x2
        if 0x1 goto 0x8160652
        compare 0x8000 0x7F
        if 0x1 goto 0x8160652
        special 0xE9
        compare 0x8004 0x1
        if 0x1 goto 0x816060D
        setvar 0x8004 0x1
        copyvar 0x8005 0x800D
        copyvar 0x8006 0x800D
        special 0xED
        msgbox 0x819A07B 0x4 '"Please select the POKéMON you wish..."
        fadescreen 0x1
        special 0xF5
        waitstate
        compare 0x800D 0x0
        if 0x1 goto 0x816064F
        msgbox 0x8199FDA 0x5 '"Before entering a BATTLE ROOM, you..."
        copyvar 0x8000 0x800D
        compare 0x8000 0x0
        if 0x1 goto 0x816064F
        compare 0x8000 0x1
        if 0x1 goto 0x8160587
        compare 0x8000 0x7F
        if 0x1 goto 0x816064F
        setvar 0x8004 0x5
        special 0xED
        setvar 0x4000 0x0
        setvar 0x8004 0xB
        special 0xED
        setvar 0x8004 0x0
        setvar 0x8005 0x1
        special 0xED
        setvar 0x8004 0x8
        setvar 0x8005 0x0
        special 0xED
        special 0x28
        closeonkeypress
        pause 0x2
        call 0x819F806
        setvar 0x4000 0x5
        hidebox 0x0 0x0 0xF 0xA
        compare 0x800D 0x0
        if 0x1 goto 0x8160642
        cmdc3 0x1E
        special 0x27
        special 0xEF
        setvar 0x40BC 0x1
        msgbox 0x819A0A8 0x4 '"I'll direct you to your BATTLE ROO..."
        closeonkeypress
        call 0x8160664
        warp 0x1A 0x6 0xFF 0x1 0x6
        setvar 0x4000 0x0
        waitstate
        msgbox 0x819A0D1 0x4 '"The BATTLE TOWER is a facility mad..."
        goto 0x81604BE

        '---------------
        #org 0x160600
        msgbox 0x819A0D1 0x4 '"The BATTLE TOWER is a facility mad..."
        goto 0x81604BE

        '---------------
        #org 0x160652
        msgbox 0x8199FA9 0x4 '"We'll be looking forward to your\n..."
        setvar 0x8004 0xB
        special 0xED
        release
        end

        '---------------
        #org 0x16060D
        copyvar 0x8000 0x800D
        compare 0x8000 0x0
        if 0x1 goto 0x8160628
        compare 0x8000 0x1
        if 0x1 goto 0x8160635
        msgbox 0x819A249 0x4 '"Excuse me!\pYou don't have three e..."
        goto 0x8160662

        '---------------
        #org 0x16064F
        special 0x28
        msgbox 0x8199FA9 0x4 '"We'll be looking forward to your\n..."
        setvar 0x8004 0xB
        special 0xED
        release
        end

        '---------------
        #org 0x160587
        setvar 0x8004 0x5
        special 0xED
        setvar 0x4000 0x0
        setvar 0x8004 0xB
        special 0xED
        setvar 0x8004 0x0
        setvar 0x8005 0x1
        special 0xED
        setvar 0x8004 0x8
        setvar 0x8005 0x0
        special 0xED
        special 0x28
        closeonkeypress
        pause 0x2
        call 0x819F806
        setvar 0x4000 0x5
        hidebox 0x0 0x0 0xF 0xA
        compare 0x800D 0x0
        if 0x1 goto 0x8160642
        cmdc3 0x1E
        special 0x27
        special 0xEF
        setvar 0x40BC 0x1
        msgbox 0x819A0A8 0x4 '"I'll direct you to your BATTLE ROO..."
        closeonkeypress
        call 0x8160664
        warp 0x1A 0x6 0xFF 0x1 0x6
        setvar 0x4000 0x0
        waitstate
        msgbox 0x819A0D1 0x4 '"The BATTLE TOWER is a facility mad..."
        goto 0x81604BE

        '---------------
        #org 0x19F806
        special 0x5D
        waitstate
        return

        '---------------
        #org 0x160642
        setvar 0x8004 0xC
        special 0xED
        goto 0x8160652

        '---------------
        #org 0x160664
        applymovement 0x1 0x8160693
        applymovement 0xFF 0x8160693
        waitmovement 0x0
        setdooropened 0x6 0x1
        doorchange
        applymovement 0x1 0x8160697
        applymovement 0xFF 0x816069A
        waitmovement 0x0
        setdoorclosed 0x6 0x1
        doorchange
        return

        '---------------
        #org 0x1604BE
        preparemsg 0x8199F79 '"Would you like to make a BATTLE RO..."
        waitmsg
        multichoice 0xF 0x6 0x17 0x0
        copyvar 0x8000 0x800D
        compare 0x8000 0x0
        if 0x1 goto 0x81604FA
        compare 0x8000 0x1
        if 0x1 goto 0x8160600
        compare 0x8000 0x2
        if 0x1 goto 0x8160652
        compare 0x8000 0x7F
        if 0x1 goto 0x8160652
        preparemsg 0x819A024 '"There are two BATTLE ROOMS,\nLevel..."
        waitmsg
        multichoice 0x12 0x6 0x18 0x0
        copyvar 0x8000 0x800D
        compare 0x8000 0x2
        if 0x1 goto 0x8160652
        compare 0x8000 0x7F
        if 0x1 goto 0x8160652
        special 0xE9
        compare 0x8004 0x1
        if 0x1 goto 0x816060D
        setvar 0x8004 0x1
        copyvar 0x8005 0x800D
        copyvar 0x8006 0x800D
        special 0xED
        msgbox 0x819A07B 0x4 '"Please select the POKéMON you wish..."
        fadescreen 0x1
        special 0xF5
        waitstate
        compare 0x800D 0x0
        if 0x1 goto 0x816064F
        msgbox 0x8199FDA 0x5 '"Before entering a BATTLE ROOM, you..."
        copyvar 0x8000 0x800D
        compare 0x8000 0x0
        if 0x1 goto 0x816064F
        compare 0x8000 0x1
        if 0x1 goto 0x8160587
        compare 0x8000 0x7F
        if 0x1 goto 0x816064F
        setvar 0x8004 0x5
        special 0xED
        setvar 0x4000 0x0
        setvar 0x8004 0xB
        special 0xED
        setvar 0x8004 0x0
        setvar 0x8005 0x1
        special 0xED
        setvar 0x8004 0x8
        setvar 0x8005 0x0
        special 0xED
        special 0x28
        closeonkeypress
        pause 0x2
        call 0x819F806
        setvar 0x4000 0x5
        hidebox 0x0 0x0 0xF 0xA
        compare 0x800D 0x0
        if 0x1 goto 0x8160642
        cmdc3 0x1E
        special 0x27
        special 0xEF
        setvar 0x40BC 0x1
        msgbox 0x819A0A8 0x4 '"I'll direct you to your BATTLE ROO..."
        closeonkeypress
        call 0x8160664
        warp 0x1A 0x6 0xFF 0x1 0x6
        setvar 0x4000 0x0
        waitstate
        msgbox 0x819A0D1 0x4 '"The BATTLE TOWER is a facility mad..."
        goto 0x81604BE

        '---------------
        #org 0x16037D
        setvar 0x8004 0x8
        special 0xEE
        compare 0x800D 0x1
        if 0x1 goto 0x81603AD
        preparemsg 0x819A589 '"Your record will be saved.\nPlease..."
        waitmsg
        setvar 0x8004 0xD
        special 0xED
        special 0xF2
        setvar 0x8004 0x3
        special 0xF0
        sound 0x37
        checksound
        setvar 0x8004 0x0
        setvar 0x8005 0x3
        special 0xED
        preparemsg 0x819A4BB '"For beating seven TRAINERS in a ro..."
        waitmsg
        special 0xF3
        copyvar 0x8000 0x800D
        compare 0x8000 0x0
        if 0x1 goto 0x8160408
        preparemsg 0x819A506 '"[player] received the prize\n[buff..."
        waitmsg
        fanfare 0x172
        waitfanfare
        setvar 0x8004 0x9
        special 0xEE
        compare 0x800D 0x31
        if 0x5 goto 0x81603F8
        msgbox 0x819A617 0x4 '"You're finally about to face the\n..."
        msgbox 0x8199FA9 0x4 '"We'll be looking forward to your\n..."
        closeonkeypress
        setvar 0x4000 0x5
        release
        end

        '---------------
        #org 0x1603AD
        setvar 0x8004 0x0
        setvar 0x8005 0x3
        special 0xED
        preparemsg 0x819A4BB '"For beating seven TRAINERS in a ro..."
        waitmsg
        special 0xF3
        copyvar 0x8000 0x800D
        compare 0x8000 0x0
        if 0x1 goto 0x8160408
        preparemsg 0x819A506 '"[player] received the prize\n[buff..."
        waitmsg
        fanfare 0x172
        waitfanfare
        setvar 0x8004 0x9
        special 0xEE
        compare 0x800D 0x31
        if 0x5 goto 0x81603F8
        msgbox 0x819A617 0x4 '"You're finally about to face the\n..."
        msgbox 0x8199FA9 0x4 '"We'll be looking forward to your\n..."
        closeonkeypress
        setvar 0x4000 0x5
        release
        end

        '---------------
        #org 0x160408
        msgbox 0x819A520 0x4 '"Oh, your BAG appears to be full.\p..."
        waitmsg
        closeonkeypress
        setvar 0x4000 0x5
        release
        end

        '---------------
        #org 0x1603F8
        msgbox 0x8199FA9 0x4 '"We'll be looking forward to your\n..."
        closeonkeypress
        setvar 0x4000 0x5
        release
        end

        '---------------
        #org 0x160628
        msgbox 0x819A249 0x4 '"Excuse me!\pYou don't have three e..."
        goto 0x8160662

        '---------------
        #org 0x160635
        msgbox 0x819A32D 0x4 '"Excuse me!\pYou don't have three e..."
        goto 0x8160662

        '---------------
        #org 0x160662
        release
        end


        '---------
        ' Strings
        '---------
        #org 0x199F2C
        = Welcome to the BATTLE TOWER!\pPlease register with me to enter\na BATTLE ROOM.

        #org 0x199F79
        = Would you like to make a BATTLE ROOM\nchallenge?

        #org 0x19A024
        = There are two BATTLE ROOMS,\nLevel 50 and Level 100.\lWhich would you like to challenge?

        #org 0x19A07B
        = Please select the POKéMON you wish\nto enter.

        #org 0x199FDA
        = Before entering a BATTLE ROOM, your\nprogress must be saved. Is that okay?

        #org 0x19A0A8
        = I'll direct you to your BATTLE ROOM now.

        #org 0x19A0D1
        = The BATTLE TOWER is a facility made\nespecially for POKéMON battles.\pWithin the TOWER are many BATTLE ROOMS.\pIn each BATTLE ROOM, seven TRAINERS\nawait your challenge.\pBeat all seven, and you will be rewarded\nwith a fabulous prize.\pYou may also take a break from your\nchallenge by saving your progress.\pMake sure you save properly or you\nwon't be able to resume your challenge.

        #org 0x19A487
        = Congratulations!\nYou've beaten all seven TRAINERS!\p

        #org 0x19A6BE
        = Here are some RIBBONS for beating\nseven tough TRAINERS in a row.\p[player] received some RIBBONS!

        #org 0x19A719
        = [player] put the RIBBONS on the\nchallenger POKéMON.

        #org 0x19A589
        = Your record will be saved.\nPlease wait.

        #org 0x19A4BB
        = For beating seven TRAINERS in a row,\nyou have earned this fabulous prize!\p

        #org 0x19A506
        = [player] received the prize\n[buffer1].

        #org 0x19A617
        = You're finally about to face the\n50th TRAINER.\pFrom here on, every time you beat seven\nTRAINERS in a row, your POKéMON will\lreceive a commemorative RIBBON.\pGood luck!

        #org 0x199FA9
        = We'll be looking forward to your\nnext challenge.

        #org 0x19A249
        = Excuse me!\pYou don't have three eligible POKéMON.\pYou must have three different POKéMON\nof Level 50 or less to enter.\pThey also must be holding different\nkinds of items.\pEGGS[buffer1] ineligible.\pPlease come see me when you are ready.

        #org 0x19A520
        = Oh, your BAG appears to be full.\pPlease make room in your BAG, then come\nsee me.

        #org 0x19A32D
        = Excuse me!\pYou don't have three eligible POKéMON.\pYou must have three different POKéMON\nto enter.\pThey also must be holding different\nkinds of items.\pEGGS[buffer1] ineligible.\pPlease come see me when you are ready.


        '-----------
        ' Movements
        '-----------
        #org 0x160693
        #raw 0x9 'Step Up (Normal)
        #raw 0x9 'Step Up (Normal)
        #raw 0x9 'Step Up (Normal)
        #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

        #org 0x160697
        #raw 0x9 'Step Up (Normal)
        #raw 0x54 'Hide
        #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

        #org 0x16069A
        #raw 0x9 'Step Up (Normal)
        #raw 0x9 'Step Up (Normal)
        #raw 0x54 'Hide
        #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements
          #3829    
        Old May 14th, 2010 (11:56 AM).
        NarutoActor's Avatar
        NarutoActor NarutoActor is offline
        The rocks cry out to me
        • Silver Tier
         
        Join Date: Jan 2009
        Location: Brooklyn/Marlboro
        Age: 23
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Bashful
        Posts: 1,979
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Jacusiek View Post
        Hello! I'm new here (and I'm from Poland, so my english isn't so good). I need help.
        I want to know, how can I delete experience gained by defeating pokemons in Elite
        Four (with Wallace) in Emerald. I want to do, that even my pokemons are 10 lvl, that
        won't get EXP. It may be script similar to Battle Frontier (when I defeat somebody
        there, I don't get EXP). Can somebody explain how can I do it? Please help...
        Yeah you will need asm.
        Jpan made an exp gain, it should work to has a subtracter by switing add to sub, but I didn't test it.

        b507 push {r0-r2, lr}
        4804 ldr r0, 0x0203f408 ;Growth block data storage address
        6800 ldr r0, [r0]
        4904 ldr r1, 0x020370C2 ;var 0x8005 used for storing the exp value
        8809 ldrh r1, [r1]
        2280 mov r2, 0x80
        0912 lsl r2, 0x8
        418a cmp r1,r2 ; checks if exp is between "safe" values
        db02 blt add_exp
        bd07 pop {r0-r2, pc}
        6842 add_exp: ldr r2, [r0+0x4]
        ------ sub r2, r2, r1 ; subrtacts the experience
        6042 str r2, [r0+0x4]
        bd07 pop {r0-r2, pc}
        run it throw a complier. Then call it in a script, tell me if it works, or not xD
        __________________
        ~There are those people who understand hex, F the rest
          #3830    
        Old May 14th, 2010 (1:12 PM).
        Jacusiek's Avatar
        Jacusiek Jacusiek is offline
           
          Join Date: Apr 2009
          Location: Poland
          Age: 22
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Quiet
          Posts: 18
          Quote:
          Warning: Unknown command "b507"
          Warning: Unknown command "4804"
          Warning: Unknown command "6800"
          Warning: Unknown command "4904"
          Warning: Unknown command "8809"
          Warning: Unknown command "2280"
          Warning: Unknown command "0912"
          Warning: Unknown command "418a"
          Warning: Unknown command "db02"
          Warning: Unknown command "bd07"
          Warning: Unknown command "6842"
          Warning: Unknown command "sub"
          Warning: Unknown command "6042"
          Warning: Unknown command "bd07"
          I tried do it in XSE and PKSVUI, and it doesn't work... . Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
            #3831    
          Old May 14th, 2010 (4:25 PM).
          Buizark's Avatar
          Buizark Buizark is offline
          Always looking for an OU match
             
            Join Date: Dec 2009
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Calm
            Posts: 72
            ASM not scripting.Use Hackmew's thread for ASM
            __________________
              #3832    
            Old May 14th, 2010 (5:14 PM). Edited May 14th, 2010 by Shiny Quagsire.
            Shiny Quagsire's Avatar
            Shiny Quagsire Shiny Quagsire is offline
            I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
               
              Join Date: May 2009
              Location: Hoenn Safari Zone
              Age: 19
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Jolly
              Posts: 700
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jacusiek View Post
              I tried do it in XSE and PKSVUI, and it doesn't work... . Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
              I could compile that for you. *edit* I tried to compile. Didn't work.
              After it's compiled, you get a binary fie. You just copy that code, paste it into an area in the rom, and use this command:

              callasm 0x"OFFSET YOU PASTED THE CODE HERE!"
              __________________



                #3833    
              Old May 14th, 2010 (7:21 PM).
              NarutoActor's Avatar
              NarutoActor NarutoActor is offline
              The rocks cry out to me
              • Silver Tier
               
              Join Date: Jan 2009
              Location: Brooklyn/Marlboro
              Age: 23
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Bashful
              Posts: 1,979
              make sure to add tabs and remove the hex numbers. complie it with devkitpro then call the script with callasm
              __________________
              ~There are those people who understand hex, F the rest
                #3834    
              Old May 14th, 2010 (10:24 PM). Edited May 14th, 2010 by Jacusiek.
              Jacusiek's Avatar
              Jacusiek Jacusiek is offline
                 
                Join Date: Apr 2009
                Location: Poland
                Age: 22
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Quiet
                Posts: 18
                I can't open ASM:
                Quote:
                Once you're familiar with the command prompt, you can download the thumb.zip file which contains the assembler we're going to use. Extract all the 3 files inside a folder (for example on the Desktop) and open a command prompt window. Something similar will appear:

                Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
                Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All right reserved.

                C:\Users\YourName>
                In my computer appears black screen (I try open file "as", and then when I press enter it will disapear). And when I try to open "objcopy" or "thumb" it automatically closes. I don't understand it... I JUST only want to delete the EXP, is it have to be so hard?
                  #3835    
                Old May 16th, 2010 (12:15 PM).
                Metroid Die Metroid Die is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Mar 2009
                  Posts: 54
                  Hey guys, my issue is this. I set up a map script, using the 2nd script type. I want my player to walk out of his house and then the script to activate. However, when I add this script, as well as the var number etc to advance map and play it on my rom, nothing happens. The script simply stops. If anyone could help me out it would be awesome.

                  Here's the script:

                  #org 0x801565
                  if 0x1 goto 0x88015A6
                  msgbox 0x88015A9 0x6 '"Hey, wait up!"
                  applymovement 0xFF 0x8801652
                  applymovement 0x5 0x88015B9
                  waitmovement 0x0
                  msgbox 0x88015C2 0x6 '"I heard you moved here.\pMy name i..."
                  applymovement 0x5 0x8801639
                  applymovement 0xFF 0x8801645
                  waitmovement 0x0
                  setvar 0x5101 0x1
                  release
                  end

                  '---------------
                  #org 0x8015A6
                  release
                  end


                  '---------
                  ' Strings
                  '---------
                  #org 0x8015A9
                  = Hey, wait up!

                  #org 0x8015C2
                  = I heard you moved here.\pMy name is James, nice to\nmeet you.\pProfessor Redbark asked me\nto find you.\pHere, follow me.


                  '-----------
                  ' Movements
                  '-----------
                  #org 0x801652
                  #raw 0x2 'Face Left
                  #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

                  #org 0x8015B9
                  #raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
                  #raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
                  #raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
                  #raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
                  #raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
                  #raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
                  #raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
                  #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

                  #org 0x801639
                  #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                  #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                  #raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
                  #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                  #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                  #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                  #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                  #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                  #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                  #raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
                  #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

                  #org 0x801645
                  #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                  #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                  #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                  #raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
                  #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                  #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                  #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                  #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                  #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                  #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                  #raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
                  #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements
                    #3836    
                  Old May 16th, 2010 (5:58 PM).
                  Binary's Avatar
                  Binary Binary is offline
                  え?
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2007
                    Age: 22
                    Posts: 3,993
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Metroid Die View Post
                    Hey guys, my issue is this. I set up a map script, using the 2nd script type. I want my player to walk out of his house and then the script to activate. However, when I add this script, as well as the var number etc to advance map and play it on my rom, nothing happens. The script simply stops. If anyone could help me out it would be awesome.

                    Here's the script:

                    #org 0x801565
                    if 0x1 goto 0x88015A6
                    msgbox 0x88015A9 0x6 '"Hey, wait up!"
                    applymovement 0xFF 0x8801652
                    applymovement 0x5 0x88015B9
                    waitmovement 0x0
                    msgbox 0x88015C2 0x6 '"I heard you moved here.\pMy name i..."
                    applymovement 0x5 0x8801639
                    applymovement 0xFF 0x8801645
                    waitmovement 0x0
                    setvar 0x5101 0x1
                    release
                    end

                    '---------------
                    #org 0x8015A6
                    release
                    end


                    '---------
                    ' Strings
                    '---------
                    #org 0x8015A9
                    = Hey, wait up!

                    #org 0x8015C2
                    = I heard you moved here.\pMy name is James, nice to\nmeet you.\pProfessor Redbark asked me\nto find you.\pHere, follow me.


                    '-----------
                    ' Movements
                    '-----------
                    #org 0x801652
                    #raw 0x2 'Face Left
                    #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

                    #org 0x8015B9
                    #raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
                    #raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
                    #raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
                    #raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
                    #raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
                    #raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
                    #raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
                    #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

                    #org 0x801639
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
                    #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

                    #org 0x801645
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
                    #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements
                    Spoiler:
                    #org 0x801565
                    <---- There should be a checkflag or a comparevar if you're using a variable to check. I think it should be 'comparevar 0x5101 0x1'
                    if 0x1 goto 0x88015A6
                    msgbox 0x88015A9 0x6 '"Hey, wait up!"
                    applymovement 0xFF 0x8801652
                    applymovement 0x5 0x88015B9
                    waitmovement 0x0
                    msgbox 0x88015C2 0x6 '"I heard you moved here.\pMy name i..."
                    applymovement 0x5 0x8801639
                    applymovement 0xFF 0x8801645
                    waitmovement 0x0
                    setvar 0x5101 0x1
                    release
                    end

                    '---------------
                    #org 0x8015A6
                    release
                    end


                    '---------
                    ' Strings
                    '---------
                    #org 0x8015A9
                    = Hey, wait up!

                    #org 0x8015C2
                    = I heard you moved here.\pMy name is James, nice to\nmeet you.\pProfessor Redbark asked me\nto find you.\pHere, follow me.


                    '-----------
                    ' Movements
                    '-----------
                    #org 0x801652
                    #raw 0x2 'Face Left
                    #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

                    #org 0x8015B9
                    #raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
                    #raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
                    #raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
                    #raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
                    #raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
                    #raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
                    #raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
                    #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

                    #org 0x801639
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
                    #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

                    #org 0x801645
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
                    #raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
                    #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements


                    If you're trying to make a level script, this should help you out.
                    __________________
                      #3837    
                    Old May 17th, 2010 (10:57 AM).
                    PeregrineFig's Avatar
                    PeregrineFig PeregrineFig is offline
                    Starting Pokémon Obsidian
                       
                      Join Date: Feb 2010
                      Location: Michigan, USA
                      Age: 22
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Hardy
                      Posts: 202
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Jacusiek View Post
                      I can't open ASM:
                      In my computer appears black screen (I try open file "as", and then when I press enter it will disapear). And when I try to open "objcopy" or "thumb" it automatically closes. I don't understand it... I JUST only want to delete the EXP, is it have to be so hard?
                      You don't open anything to compile ASM. Save the asm file as a .asm, then if you're on XP use Run, or on Vista use Search, and run cmd.exe. Now type cd (whatever folder your files are in), then type: thumb (.asm file name).asm (same filename).bin

                      Now you have to open the .bin file in a hex editor and put that into some free space in your ROM, then call that offset with a callasm command. It's a lot of work to compile ASM, I guess, so I suggest you hold off on those fancy scripts and ambitions until you have a good handle on both scripting and the workings of hex.
                      __________________
                      Current Projects:
                      POKéMON AQUA SAPPHIRE
                      POKéMON OBSIDIAN

                        #3838    
                      Old May 17th, 2010 (12:09 PM).
                      Metroid Die Metroid Die is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2009
                        Posts: 54
                        Alright, that's another problem fixed. :D

                        I still have another though >.>

                        Is it possible to get the sprite and player to enter a door and go through the warp to the building? For example, I want a sprite to lead my player into the professor's lab, at the beginning of the game.

                        What would the command for this be?

                        Thanks in advance
                          #3839    
                        Old May 17th, 2010 (12:14 PM).
                        PeregrineFig's Avatar
                        PeregrineFig PeregrineFig is offline
                        Starting Pokémon Obsidian
                           
                          Join Date: Feb 2010
                          Location: Michigan, USA
                          Age: 22
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Hardy
                          Posts: 202
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Metroid Die View Post
                          Alright, that's another problem fixed. :D

                          I still have another though >.>

                          Is it possible to get the sprite and player to enter a door and go through the warp to the building? For example, I want a sprite to lead my player into the professor's lab, at the beginning of the game.

                          What would the command for this be?

                          Thanks in advance
                          Only the player can use warps, what you need is to place another sprite inside the building, and use a level script.
                          __________________
                          Current Projects:
                          POKéMON AQUA SAPPHIRE
                          POKéMON OBSIDIAN

                            #3840    
                          Old May 17th, 2010 (12:21 PM).
                          Metroid Die Metroid Die is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Mar 2009
                            Posts: 54
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by PeregrineFig View Post
                            Only the player can use warps, what you need is to place another sprite inside the building, and use a level script.
                            Thanks, but how do I get the sprite and my player through the door? Is there a command for opening a door?
                              #3841    
                            Old May 17th, 2010 (1:16 PM).
                            Legendofall Legendofall is offline
                               
                              Join Date: May 2010
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 7
                              do you know how to script a double battle with someone else in Firered? like with drake in HG/SS, i want ash to come and save you from some wild beedrill in a double battle.
                                #3842    
                              Old May 17th, 2010 (1:27 PM).
                              Shiny Quagsire's Avatar
                              Shiny Quagsire Shiny Quagsire is offline
                              I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
                                 
                                Join Date: May 2009
                                Location: Hoenn Safari Zone
                                Age: 19
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Jolly
                                Posts: 700
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Legendofall View Post
                                do you know how to script a double battle with someone else in Firered? like with drake in HG/SS, i want ash to come and save you from some wild beedrill in a double battle.
                                I don't think that would be possible. However, using JPAN's hacked engine (see the toolbox of research and development) you could replace the old man in fire red with ash and have him catch beedrill. I'm not quite sure about ruby, but I know it's possible, because pokemon chrono did it with a red gyarados.
                                __________________



                                  #3843    
                                Old May 17th, 2010 (1:36 PM). Edited May 17th, 2010 by Legendofall.
                                Legendofall Legendofall is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: May 2010
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 7
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by shiny quagsire View Post
                                  I don't think that would be possible. However, using JPAN's hacked engine (see the toolbox of research and development) you could replace the old man in fire red with ash and have him catch beedrill. I'm not quite sure about ruby, but I know it's possible, because pokemon chrono did it with a red gyarados.
                                  it has to be possible! i need hackmew or someone that really knows the game, cuz there has to be some way, like making it as if it where a link up double battle, maybe you would have to choose your pokes?

                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Legendofall View Post
                                  it has to be possible! i need hackmew or someone that really knows the game, cuz there has to be some way, like making it as if it where a link up double battle, maybe you would have to choose your pokes?
                                  please help me create a double battle script for this!!!!!!!! please!!!!! for firered, like how drake helps you in HG/SS or your rival during his rematch
                                  i would tell you what happens when i try it but all that happens is it gliches up, ash walks by to join you battle wiht the wild beedrill then NADA battle begins but ERRORS occur, i tried..... i really need this
                                    #3844    
                                  Old May 18th, 2010 (2:58 AM).
                                  Zeffy's Avatar
                                  Zeffy Zeffy is offline
                                  bowties are cool
                                  • Crystal Tier
                                   
                                  Join Date: Apr 2009
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 6,321
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Legendofall View Post
                                  it has to be possible! i need hackmew or someone that really knows the game, cuz there has to be some way, like making it as if it where a link up double battle, maybe you would have to choose your pokes?



                                  please help me create a double battle script for this!!!!!!!! please!!!!! for firered, like how drake helps you in HG/SS or your rival during his rematch
                                  i would tell you what happens when i try it but all that happens is it gliches up, ash walks by to join you battle wiht the wild beedrill then NADA battle begins but ERRORS occur, i tried..... i really need this
                                  How'z about you figure that out by yourself? :D
                                  The thing you want to do is only possible via ASM. There is no way to create a linked double battle in the current FR Engine. :/
                                  __________________
                                    #3845    
                                  Old May 18th, 2010 (4:29 AM). Edited May 18th, 2010 by Jacusiek.
                                  Jacusiek's Avatar
                                  Jacusiek Jacusiek is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Apr 2009
                                    Location: Poland
                                    Age: 22
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Quiet
                                    Posts: 18
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by PeregrineFig View Post
                                    You don't open anything to compile ASM. Save the asm file as a .asm, then if you're on XP use Run, or on Vista use Search, and run cmd.exe. Now type cd (whatever folder your files are in), then type: thumb (.asm file name).asm (same filename).bin

                                    Now you have to open the .bin file in a hex editor and put that into some free space in your ROM, then call that offset with a callasm command. It's a lot of work to compile ASM, I guess, so I suggest you hold off on those fancy scripts and ambitions until you have a good handle on both scripting and the workings of hex.
                                    But what asm file? How to create this asm file first?
                                    And
                                    Where's that free space? How to paste it? Which programm should I use to paste it?
                                      #3846    
                                    Old May 18th, 2010 (11:01 AM).
                                    PeregrineFig's Avatar
                                    PeregrineFig PeregrineFig is offline
                                    Starting Pokémon Obsidian
                                       
                                      Join Date: Feb 2010
                                      Location: Michigan, USA
                                      Age: 22
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Hardy
                                      Posts: 202
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Jacusiek View Post
                                      But what asm file? How to create this asm file first?
                                      And
                                      Where's that free space? How to paste it? Which programm should I use to paste it?
                                      You write the ASM code as a text file, then save it with type all files, and add the extension .asm. For free space you can find it with Free Space Finder, in HackMew's tools in the toolbox, and then you use your hex editor to copy and then paste-write (or count the bytes and delete them off the end after a paste-insert) into the free space. If this is going over your head, then this is probably a little too advanced for you right now.
                                      __________________
                                      Current Projects:
                                      POKéMON AQUA SAPPHIRE
                                      POKéMON OBSIDIAN

                                        #3847    
                                      Old May 18th, 2010 (11:36 AM).
                                      Hardatwork1
                                      Guest
                                         
                                        Posts: n/a
                                        I was just wonderin how i'd go about scriptin (XSE) a choose starter event, like the bag situation on RSE...i looked around n couldn't find anything, hopefully i didn't skip over somethin
                                          #3848    
                                        Old May 18th, 2010 (12:21 PM).
                                        Metroid Die Metroid Die is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Mar 2009
                                          Posts: 54
                                          Alright, another question.

                                          This time, after I pass the setdooropened command, my script just repeats instead of moving on to the applymovement commands. Is there something I'm missing? Please help me out.

                                          Spoiler:
                                          #dynamic 0x801654

                                          #org @start
                                          msgbox @hey 0x6
                                          applymovement 0xFF @go1
                                          applymovement 0x05 @go2
                                          waitmovement 0x0
                                          msgbox @hey2 0x6
                                          applymovement 0x05 @go3
                                          applymovement 0xFF @go4
                                          waitmovement 0x0
                                          setdooropened 0x6 0x6
                                          doorchange
                                          applymovement 0xFF @go5
                                          applymovement 0x05 @go6
                                          setvar 0x5101 0x0
                                          release
                                          end

                                          #org @hey
                                          = Hey, wait up!

                                          #org @go1
                                          #raw 0x2
                                          #raw 0xFE

                                          #org @go2
                                          #raw 0x13
                                          #raw 0x13
                                          #raw 0x13
                                          #raw 0x13
                                          #raw 0x13
                                          #raw 0x13
                                          #raw 0x13
                                          #raw 0xFE

                                          #org @hey2
                                          = I heard you moved here.\pMy name is James, nice to meet you.\pProfessor Redbark asked me to find\nyou.\pHere, follow me.

                                          #org @go3
                                          #raw 0x12
                                          #raw 0x12
                                          #raw 0x11
                                          #raw 0x12
                                          #raw 0x12
                                          #raw 0x12
                                          #raw 0x12
                                          #raw 0x12
                                          #raw 0x12
                                          #raw 0x1
                                          #raw 0xFE

                                          #org @go4
                                          #raw 0x12
                                          #raw 0x12
                                          #raw 0x12
                                          #raw 0x11
                                          #raw 0x12
                                          #raw 0x12
                                          #raw 0x12
                                          #raw 0x12
                                          #raw 0x12
                                          #raw 0xFE

                                          #org @go5
                                          #raw 0x12
                                          #raw 0xFE

                                          #org @go6
                                          #raw 0x11
                                          #raw 0xFE
                                            #3849    
                                          Old May 18th, 2010 (12:27 PM).
                                          PeregrineFig's Avatar
                                          PeregrineFig PeregrineFig is offline
                                          Starting Pokémon Obsidian
                                             
                                            Join Date: Feb 2010
                                            Location: Michigan, USA
                                            Age: 22
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Hardy
                                            Posts: 202
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Metroid Die View Post
                                            Alright, another question.

                                            This time, after I pass the setdooropened command, my script just repeats instead of moving on to the applymovement commands. Is there something I'm missing? Please help me out.

                                            Spoiler:
                                            #dynamic 0x801654

                                            #org @start
                                            msgbox @hey 0x6
                                            applymovement 0xFF @go1
                                            applymovement 0x05 @go2
                                            waitmovement 0x0
                                            msgbox @hey2 0x6
                                            applymovement 0x05 @go3
                                            applymovement 0xFF @go4
                                            waitmovement 0x0
                                            setdooropened 0x6 0x6
                                            doorchange
                                            applymovement 0xFF @go5
                                            applymovement 0x05 @go6
                                            setvar 0x5101 0x0
                                            release
                                            end

                                            #org @hey
                                            = Hey, wait up!

                                            #org @go1
                                            #raw 0x2
                                            #raw 0xFE

                                            #org @go2
                                            #raw 0x13
                                            #raw 0x13
                                            #raw 0x13
                                            #raw 0x13
                                            #raw 0x13
                                            #raw 0x13
                                            #raw 0x13
                                            #raw 0xFE

                                            #org @hey2
                                            = I heard you moved here.\pMy name is James, nice to meet you.\pProfessor Redbark asked me to find\nyou.\pHere, follow me.

                                            #org @go3
                                            #raw 0x12
                                            #raw 0x12
                                            #raw 0x11
                                            #raw 0x12
                                            #raw 0x12
                                            #raw 0x12
                                            #raw 0x12
                                            #raw 0x12
                                            #raw 0x12
                                            #raw 0x1
                                            #raw 0xFE

                                            #org @go4
                                            #raw 0x12
                                            #raw 0x12
                                            #raw 0x12
                                            #raw 0x11
                                            #raw 0x12
                                            #raw 0x12
                                            #raw 0x12
                                            #raw 0x12
                                            #raw 0x12
                                            #raw 0xFE

                                            #org @go5
                                            #raw 0x12
                                            #raw 0xFE

                                            #org @go6
                                            #raw 0x11
                                            #raw 0xFE
                                            You forgot the waitmovement 0x0 after those last two applymovements.
                                            __________________
                                            Current Projects:
                                            POKéMON AQUA SAPPHIRE
                                            POKéMON OBSIDIAN

                                              #3850    
                                            Old May 18th, 2010 (12:29 PM).
                                            Legendofall Legendofall is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: May 2010
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Posts: 7
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by PeregrineFig View Post
                                              You write the ASM code as a text file, then save it with type all files, and add the extension .asm. For free space you can find it with Free Space Finder, in HackMew's tools in the toolbox, and then you use your hex editor to copy and then paste-write (or count the bytes and delete them off the end after a paste-insert) into the free space. If this is going over your head, then this is probably a little too advanced for you right now.
                                              how to write ASM.... any tutorials?
                                              Closed Thread
                                              Quick Reply

                                              Sponsored Links
                                              Thread Tools

                                              Posting Rules
                                              You may not post new threads
                                              You may not post replies
                                              You may not post attachments
                                              You may not edit your posts

                                              BB code is On
                                              Smilies are On
                                              [IMG] code is On
                                              HTML code is Off

                                              Forum Jump


                                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:13 PM.