ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #4001    
Old May 30th, 2010 (8:11 AM).
Metroid Die Metroid Die is offline
     
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Posts: 54
    Fixed it thanks guys.

    Now I have more of a question than a problem. How do I activate the national Pokedex at the beginning of the game? I'm using a FireRed ROM. Is there a certain flag to use, or do I have to call a script etc...?

    Thanks for the help so far

    Relevant Advertising!

      #4002    
    Old May 30th, 2010 (8:15 AM).
    Zeffy's Avatar
    Zeffy Zeffy is offline
    blink and you're dead
    • Crystal Tier
     
    Join Date: Apr 2009
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 6,440
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by majorawsome View Post
    [b]Game: sapphire
    [b]Type:
    [b]Editor:
    [b]Script: xse

    when i press yes it goes to no. ive been looking for an up-to-date xse tutorial but i cant find any that explain boxset 0x5 well
    Spoiler:
    #dynamic 0x800000

    #org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox @question 0x5
    compare LASTRESULT 0x0
    if b_true goto @yes
    msgbox @no 0x6
    release
    end

    #org @question
    = yes or no?

    #org @yes
    msgbox @ya 0x6
    goto @done
    release
    end

    #org @no
    msgbox @na 0x6
    goto @done
    release
    end

    #org @ya
    = you said ya!

    #org @na
    = you said na!

    #org @done
    msgbox @end 0x6
    release
    end

    #org @end
    = i love waffles

    Screenshots and/or Videos:
    Dude, the guide that comes with XSE explains that so well. >.<
    Anyways, then:

    Turn this line:

    compare LASTRESULT 0x0

    to:

    compare LASTRESULT 0x1.
    __________________
      #4003    
    Old May 30th, 2010 (9:38 AM).
    Binary's Avatar
    Binary Binary is offline
    え?
       
      Join Date: Aug 2007
      Age: 23
      Posts: 3,994
      @Metroid Die:
      I think it's special 0x16F after you've already set the flag for the pokedex.
      __________________
        #4004    
      Old May 30th, 2010 (2:02 PM).
      trae329 trae329 is offline
      Saving the world by scripting~
         
        Join Date: Aug 2008
        Posts: 4
        Game: FireRed US
        Editor: XSE
        Version: 1.1.1

        I'm trying to make the player say something after moving to a certain spot, but nothing happens and the game freezes.
        Script:
        Spoiler:

        #dynamic 0x800000

        #org @start
        msgbox @talk 0x2
        end

        #org @talk
        = That was a weird dream...


        Please help, I have been full of frustration because of this script.
          #4005    
        Old May 30th, 2010 (6:25 PM).
        Binary's Avatar
        Binary Binary is offline
        え?
           
          Join Date: Aug 2007
          Age: 23
          Posts: 3,994
          @trae329:
          Are you using a script tile or an OW for the script?
          __________________
            #4006    
          Old May 31st, 2010 (4:41 AM).
          trae329 trae329 is offline
          Saving the world by scripting~
             
            Join Date: Aug 2008
            Posts: 4
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Binary View Post
            @trae329:
            Are you using a script tile or an OW for the script?
            Sorry, I went to sleep at that time.

            I am using a script tile, this is exactly what I want it to do:

            The player walks out of his bed and looks up down left and right.
            Then he says, "That was a weird dream..."

            Do I have to edit something on the tile?
              #4007    
            Old May 31st, 2010 (5:01 AM).
            metapod23's Avatar
            metapod23 metapod23 is offline
            Hardened Trainer
               
              Join Date: Mar 2009
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Timid
              Posts: 673
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by trae329 View Post
              Sorry, I went to sleep at that time.

              I am using a script tile, this is exactly what I want it to do:

              The player walks out of his bed and looks up down left and right.
              Then he says, "That was a weird dream..."

              Do I have to edit something on the tile?
              You need to set a variable to the script tile, like 5000, where it says "var number" and put setvar 0x5000 0x1 at the end of your script so it will only happen once.
              __________________
                #4008    
              Old May 31st, 2010 (5:21 AM).
              trae329 trae329 is offline
              Saving the world by scripting~
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2008
                Posts: 4
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by metapod23 View Post
                You need to set a variable to the script tile, like 5000, where it says "var number" and put setvar 0x5000 0x1 at the end of your script so it will only happen once.
                Okay, I'll try that...

                Thanks in advance!

                trae329
                  #4009    
                Old May 31st, 2010 (5:43 AM).
                trebornosliw's Avatar
                trebornosliw trebornosliw is offline
                Learning
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2009
                  Age: 25
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Adamant
                  Posts: 523
                  Alright, so I'm borrowing heavily from Metapod23's daycare-release script to set up a script of my own. The main difference is that I don't want the player to choose which Pokemon gets released, I want the first Pokemon in the party to go into daycare automatically. Wondering if this will work, or if [buffer1] won't pass on all of the necessary info or whatnot:

                  Spoiler:

                  #org @start
                  special2 LASTRESULT 0x84
                  compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                  if 0x1 goto @cant
                  special2 LASTRESULT 0x85
                  compare LASTRESULT 0x0
                  if 0x1 goto @cant
                  bufferfirstpokemon 0x0
                  special2 0x8005 [buffer1]

                  special 0x176
                  cmdc3 0x2F
                  goto @finish

                  The main section I'm concerned with is the part in italics. Is that sufficient to store the Pokemon correctly?
                  __________________
                  Credit for my avatar goes to the Lego company.
                    #4010    
                  Old May 31st, 2010 (6:05 AM).
                  trae329 trae329 is offline
                  Saving the world by scripting~
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2008
                    Posts: 4
                    Okay, it worked, but I am trying a new script and it is not working.
                    I am using the following:
                    Game: FireRed
                    Editor: XSE Version 1.1.1
                    I am using a script tile.
                    Script:
                    Spoiler:
                    #dynamic 0x(FSF Offset)

                    #org @start
                    applymovement 0xFF @move
                    msgbox @1 0x6
                    end

                    #org @move
                    #raw 0x1
                    #raw 0x0
                    #raw 0x3
                    #raw 0x2

                    #org @1
                    = That was a weird dream...


                    Please help, it does the script, but at the end it won't let the player move.
                      #4011    
                    Old May 31st, 2010 (6:46 AM).
                    metapod23's Avatar
                    metapod23 metapod23 is offline
                    Hardened Trainer
                       
                      Join Date: Mar 2009
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Timid
                      Posts: 673
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by trebornosliw View Post
                      Alright, so I'm borrowing heavily from Metapod23's daycare-release script to set up a script of my own. The main difference is that I don't want the player to choose which Pokemon gets released, I want the first Pokemon in the party to go into daycare automatically. Wondering if this will work, or if [buffer1] won't pass on all of the necessary info or whatnot:

                      Spoiler:

                      #org @start
                      special2 LASTRESULT 0x84
                      compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                      if 0x1 goto @cant
                      special2 LASTRESULT 0x85
                      compare LASTRESULT 0x0
                      if 0x1 goto @cant
                      bufferfirstpokemon 0x0
                      special2 0x8005 [buffer1]

                      special 0x176
                      cmdc3 0x2F
                      goto @finish

                      The main section I'm concerned with is the part in italics. Is that sufficient to store the Pokemon correctly?
                      I don't think that will work, because the buffer command only stores names, not the data for the Pokemon itself. Not sure how you could make that script work.
                      __________________
                        #4012    
                      Old May 31st, 2010 (7:15 AM).
                      Binary's Avatar
                      Binary Binary is offline
                      え?
                         
                        Join Date: Aug 2007
                        Age: 23
                        Posts: 3,994
                        @trae329:
                        Spoiler:

                        #dynamic 0x(FSF Offset)

                        #org @start
                        applymovement 0xFF @move
                        waitmovement 0x0
                        msgbox @1 0x2
                        release
                        end

                        #org @move
                        #raw 0x1 0x0 0x3 0x2 0xFE

                        #org @1
                        = That was a weird dream...

                        Mhm..try this. I think the movements are wrong. Then again, I'd have to look.
                        __________________
                          #4013    
                        Old May 31st, 2010 (7:26 AM).
                        gl3500's Avatar
                        gl3500 gl3500 is offline
                        Glcelebi The Rom Hacker
                           
                          Join Date: May 2009
                          Location: South Africa
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Calm
                          Posts: 11
                          What i want to happen is have the sprite go through the door, have a slight delay, then the message "...." pops up and can only be closed with a. Also, i only want the event to happen once, i am just not sure how to use the flags for this, or rather where to place them, i am using firered. Any help appreciated. Thanx My script is almost perfect, i am just having this one problem. I know that the "...." won't come up in this script, i just accidentally erased the one where it does, but that doesn't matter as what i want to do is mentioned above, can anybody please help correct my script so i can see how to do this. Thanx 4 any help.
                          Spoiler:
                          #dynamic 0x71B364

                          #org @start
                          checkflag 0x202
                          if 0x1 goto @hi2
                          goto @hi
                          closeonkeypress
                          release
                          end

                          #org @clone
                          #raw 0x13
                          #raw 0x01
                          #raw 0xFE

                          #org @clonefinal
                          #raw 0x11
                          #raw 0x11
                          #raw 0xFE

                          #org @hi
                          lockall
                          applymovement 0x04 @clone
                          waitmovement 0x0
                          setdooropened 0x10 0xD
                          doorchange
                          applymovement 0x04 @clonefinal
                          waitmovement 0x0
                          setdoorclosed 0x10 0xD
                          doorchange
                          setflag 0x202
                          hidesprite 0x800F
                          msgbox @weird 0x6
                          closeonkeypress
                          releaseall
                          end


                          #org @hi2
                          releaseall
                          end


                          #org @weird
                          = .......
                          __________________
                          [SIGPIC]
                          Click here to level up my license!


                          Waaaaaaaah! I used to be special as i was the only one that could travel through time, and then along comes dialga...
                            #4014    
                          Old May 31st, 2010 (7:32 AM).
                          Binary's Avatar
                          Binary Binary is offline
                          え?
                             
                            Join Date: Aug 2007
                            Age: 23
                            Posts: 3,994
                            @gl3500:

                            Spoiler:
                            #dynamic 0x71B364

                            #org @start
                            checkflag 0x202
                            if 0x1 goto @done
                            applymovement 0x03 @clone
                            waitmovement 0x0
                            setdooropened 0x10 0xD
                            doorchange
                            applymovement 0x03 @clonefinal
                            waitmovement 0x0
                            setdoorclosed 0x10 0xD
                            doorchange
                            msgbox @weird 0x2
                            setflag 0x202
                            release
                            end

                            #org @done
                            release
                            end


                            #org @clone
                            #raw 0x13
                            #raw 0x01
                            #raw 0xFE

                            #org @clonefinal
                            #raw 0x11
                            #raw 0x11
                            #raw 0xFE

                            #org @weird
                            = .......

                            Didn't I already fix this for you? o:
                            __________________
                              #4015    
                            Old May 31st, 2010 (7:47 AM).
                            NarutoActor's Avatar
                            NarutoActor NarutoActor is offline
                            The rocks cry out to me
                            • Silver Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Jan 2009
                            Location: Brooklyn/Marlboro
                            Age: 23
                            Gender: Female
                            Nature: Bashful
                            Posts: 1,979
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by trebornosliw View Post
                            Alright, so I'm borrowing heavily from Metapod23's daycare-release script to set up a script of my own. The main difference is that I don't want the player to choose which Pokemon gets released, I want the first Pokemon in the party to go into daycare automatically. Wondering if this will work, or if [buffer1] won't pass on all of the necessary info or whatnot:

                            Spoiler:

                            #org @start
                            special2 LASTRESULT 0x84
                            compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                            if 0x1 goto @cant
                            special2 LASTRESULT 0x85
                            compare LASTRESULT 0x0
                            if 0x1 goto @cant
                            bufferfirstpokemon 0x0
                            special2 0x8005 [buffer1]

                            special 0x176
                            cmdc3 0x2F
                            goto @finish

                            The main section I'm concerned with is the part in italics. Is that sufficient to store the Pokemon correctly?
                            No, bufferpokemon would not work. What you should do is copybyte @varadress @first_slot_of_pokemon_adress
                            __________________
                            ~There are those people who understand hex, F the rest
                              #4016    
                            Old May 31st, 2010 (8:19 AM).
                            trebornosliw's Avatar
                            trebornosliw trebornosliw is offline
                            Learning
                               
                              Join Date: Jul 2009
                              Age: 25
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Adamant
                              Posts: 523
                              Ah, that makes more sense, thanks.
                              So,
                              copybyte 0x8005 (firstpokemon), does anyone know where the first Pokemon's data is stored? Is there a FIRST_PARTY_POKEMON shortcut or whatnot?
                              __________________
                              Credit for my avatar goes to the Lego company.
                                #4017    
                              Old May 31st, 2010 (8:42 AM).
                              NarutoActor's Avatar
                              NarutoActor NarutoActor is offline
                              The rocks cry out to me
                              • Silver Tier
                               
                              Join Date: Jan 2009
                              Location: Brooklyn/Marlboro
                              Age: 23
                              Gender: Female
                              Nature: Bashful
                              Posts: 1,979
                              no xD
                              copybyte 0xadressofvar (not var)
                              also look at jpans work, or hackmews highest level routine. (do some reasherch ^.^)
                              __________________
                              ~There are those people who understand hex, F the rest
                                #4018    
                              Old May 31st, 2010 (8:55 AM). Edited May 31st, 2010 by gl3500.
                              gl3500's Avatar
                              gl3500 gl3500 is offline
                              Glcelebi The Rom Hacker
                                 
                                Join Date: May 2009
                                Location: South Africa
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Calm
                                Posts: 11
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Binary View Post
                                @gl3500:

                                Spoiler:
                                #dynamic 0x71B364

                                #org @start
                                checkflag 0x202
                                if 0x1 goto @done
                                applymovement 0x03 @clone
                                waitmovement 0x0
                                setdooropened 0x10 0xD
                                doorchange
                                applymovement 0x03 @clonefinal
                                waitmovement 0x0
                                setdoorclosed 0x10 0xD
                                doorchange
                                msgbox @weird 0x2
                                setflag 0x202
                                release
                                end

                                #org @done
                                release
                                end


                                #org @clone
                                #raw 0x13
                                #raw 0x01
                                #raw 0xFE

                                #org @clonefinal
                                #raw 0x11
                                #raw 0x11
                                #raw 0xFE

                                #org @weird
                                = .......

                                Didn't I already fix this for you? o:
                                Not 100%, but thanx, ill try this script and see if it works.

                                Thanx Binary, it worked perfectly now, appreciate the help! :-)
                                __________________
                                [SIGPIC]
                                Click here to level up my license!


                                Waaaaaaaah! I used to be special as i was the only one that could travel through time, and then along comes dialga...
                                  #4019    
                                Old May 31st, 2010 (9:01 AM).
                                trebornosliw's Avatar
                                trebornosliw trebornosliw is offline
                                Learning
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jul 2009
                                  Age: 25
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Adamant
                                  Posts: 523
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by NarutoActor View Post
                                  no xD
                                  copybyte 0xadressofvar (not var)
                                  also look at jpans work, or hackmews highest level routine. (do some reasherch ^.^)
                                  You mean I actually have to look stuff up for myself?
                                  *sigh*
                                  Oh well... so be it.
                                  __________________
                                  Credit for my avatar goes to the Lego company.
                                    #4020    
                                  Old May 31st, 2010 (11:19 AM).
                                  Nikolai Fox's Avatar
                                  Nikolai Fox Nikolai Fox is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Mar 2010
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Posts: 202
                                    Okay I'm stuck again.

                                    I used this script:

                                    Spoiler:

                                    #org 0x167643
                                    msgbox 0x8167B5F MSG_NORMAL '"I am the master of the shadows.\pT..."
                                    fadescreen 0x1
                                    showsprite 0x21
                                    hidesprite 0x17
                                    setflag 0x139
                                    clearflag 0x121
                                    fadescreen 0x0
                                    release
                                    end


                                    I have the person I want to disappear's person event ID set to 17, but that person doesn't disappear between the flash. He disappears as normal once I walk away and come back (but even that is only because of the setflag).

                                    I've used the exact script earlier today and it worked fine :/

                                    Would the fact he is placed on a new map be a possible cause?

                                    EDIT: Fixed. It seems you can't use the hidesprite command on an overworld which has a double-digit person event ID? It worked when I switched his to someone elses (whose was 9)
                                      #4021    
                                    Old May 31st, 2010 (11:36 AM).
                                    metapod23's Avatar
                                    metapod23 metapod23 is offline
                                    Hardened Trainer
                                       
                                      Join Date: Mar 2009
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Timid
                                      Posts: 673
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Nikolai Fox View Post
                                      Okay I'm stuck again.

                                      I used this script:

                                      Spoiler:

                                      #org 0x167643
                                      msgbox 0x8167B5F MSG_NORMAL '"I am the master of the shadows.\pT..."
                                      fadescreen 0x1
                                      showsprite 0x21
                                      hidesprite 0x17
                                      setflag 0x139
                                      clearflag 0x121
                                      fadescreen 0x0
                                      release
                                      end


                                      I have the person I want to disappear's person event ID set to 17, but that person doesn't disappear between the flash. He disappears as normal once I walk away and come back (but even that is only because of the setflag).

                                      I've used the exact script earlier today and it worked fine :/

                                      Would the fact he is placed on a new map be a possible cause?

                                      EDIT: Fixed. It seems you can't use the hidesprite command on an overworld which has a double-digit person event ID? It worked when I switched his to someone elses (whose was 9)
                                      The problem was that you need to convert the # to hex in the script. 17 = 11 in hex, because it counts like this:

                                      1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F 10 11

                                      So it should have been hidesprite 0x11.

                                      But yeah, it's always simpler to use lower #s for sprites that involve movements and stuff.
                                      __________________
                                        #4022    
                                      Old May 31st, 2010 (1:06 PM).
                                      Nikolai Fox's Avatar
                                      Nikolai Fox Nikolai Fox is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Mar 2010
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 202
                                        Oooh I didn't realise the script need it to be in hex. I just assumed because they weren't in hex in A-Map. Should have known lol
                                          #4023    
                                        Old June 1st, 2010 (10:13 AM).
                                        bencask bencask is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Jun 2010
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 3
                                          Hi, I'm trying to make a give pokemon script. To be more specific, I'm trying to make a pokeball sprite give a pokemon to our hero and then vanish. Here's what I've got so far and any help would be better than none.

                                          #org $start
                                          lock
                                          faceplayer
                                          message $yup
                                          $yup 1 =Would you like this (pokemon)?
                                          boxset 5
                                          compare LASTRESULT 1
                                          if B_FALSE goto $finish
                                          givepokemon (pokemon #) 10 0
                                          setflag 0x(person id)
                                          #raw 0x53
                                          #raw 0x(person event #)
                                          #raw 0x00
                                          release
                                          end

                                          #org $finish
                                          release
                                          end

                                          Thanks!
                                            #4024    
                                          Old June 1st, 2010 (3:48 PM).
                                          trebornosliw's Avatar
                                          trebornosliw trebornosliw is offline
                                          Learning
                                             
                                            Join Date: Jul 2009
                                            Age: 25
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Adamant
                                            Posts: 523
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by bencask View Post
                                            Hi, I'm trying to make a give pokemon script. To be more specific, I'm trying to make a pokeball sprite give a pokemon to our hero and then vanish. Here's what I've got so far and any help would be better than none.
                                            Spoiler:

                                            #org $start
                                            lock
                                            faceplayer
                                            message $yup
                                            $yup 1 =Would you like this (pokemon)?
                                            boxset 5
                                            compare LASTRESULT 1
                                            if B_FALSE goto $finish
                                            givepokemon (pokemon #) 10 0
                                            setflag 0x(person id)
                                            #raw 0x53
                                            #raw 0x(person event #)
                                            #raw 0x00
                                            release
                                            end

                                            #org $finish
                                            release
                                            end

                                            Thanks!
                                            First, use spoilers (just put [SPOILER*] before and [/SPOILER*] after the script, minus the asterisks), it's in the rules.
                                            Second, I highly recommend that you switch to XSE. It's not at all hard to learn after you've gone through the Pokescript basics, it's much more efficient, far less buggy, and people won't despise you for using it. Here's a tut: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276&highlight=xse+tutorial
                                            Now, as for the script, there are a couple of problems I can see (keep in mind this isn't my forte).
                                            First, $yup needs to be a separate segment, so move it down. Second, it would be best to have a "closeonkeypress" command before "release, end" in $finish, to get rid of that box, though I'm not sure if that command works for Pokescript or not. You can always just add another message, like "Oh, okay then," instead.
                                            Corrections in bold, I'm doing the extra message for now.
                                            Spoiler:

                                            #org $start
                                            lock
                                            faceplayer
                                            message $yup
                                            boxset 5
                                            compare LASTRESULT 1
                                            if B_FALSE goto $finish
                                            givepokemon (pokemon #) 10 0
                                            setflag 0x(person id)
                                            #raw 0x53
                                            #raw 0x(person event #)
                                            #raw 0x00
                                            release
                                            end

                                            #org $finish
                                            msgbox $nope
                                            boxset 6
                                            release
                                            end

                                            #org $yup 1
                                            = Would you like this (pokemon)?


                                            #org $nope 1
                                            = Oh, okay then...
                                            '(It should also be noted that I'm not sure this is the right way to write strings in Pokescript...)

                                            ...
                                            I have no idea what the #raws are for here. What was your intention with these?
                                            __________________
                                            Credit for my avatar goes to the Lego company.
                                              #4025    
                                            Old June 1st, 2010 (10:12 PM).
                                            krillian's Avatar
                                            krillian krillian is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: Apr 2010
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Posts: 42
                                              I Hope I am not requesting a script

                                              In pokemon fire red you can use bolders and when it hits a certain tilte a event happens

                                              How do you do this in emeraled?

                                              also .....
                                              setmaptile 0xB 0x5 0x201 0x0
                                              setmaptile 0xB 0x6 0x189 0x0
                                              fadescreen 0x0
                                              This works fine, however you that screen has to be outside your area before it can work. Does anyone know how to do it inside

                                              Question worded differntly
                                              This work's but only after, it goes off the screen

                                              OFF TOPIC
                                              what is ASM Hackmew used it in this thread, but i don't understand it http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=206138
                                              Closed Thread

                                              Quick Reply

                                              Join the conversation!

                                              Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                              Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                              Sponsored Links
                                              Thread Tools

                                              Posting Rules
                                              You may not post new threads
                                              You may not post replies
                                              You may not post attachments
                                              You may not edit your posts

                                              BB code is On
                                              Smilies are On
                                              [IMG] code is On
                                              HTML code is Off

                                              Forum Jump


                                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:53 PM.