ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #5376    
Old March 11th, 2011 (6:06 PM).
pokeguy9000's Avatar
pokeguy9000 pokeguy9000 is offline
Ghost Ralts
     
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: Oldale Town
    Age: 23
    Nature: Impish
    Posts: 43
    Hi i'm using XSE and Advance Map and trying to script all the people in an art gallery scene. Ive never used XSE before but because it is good for editing scripts and can be opened on A-Map i am trying to learn.

    Anyway this is the script
    Spoiler:
    #dynamic 0x800000

    #org @entrance
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox @amber 0x6
    release
    end

    #org @amber
    = Welcome to the exhibition. I'm Amber and\nthis was put together with the help of the\lLogan Park curators club.\pI hope you like it


    and the problem is that whenever i talk to the sprite she faces me but nothing happens and i can just walk away, this only happens once and i have to double tap A again to get her to face me but there is still no text.

    Thanks
    __________________
    LIKE MY AVATAR???
    It's the second sprite i ever made and i am very eager to make more and get better
    So if you want me involved in your project or hack then please feel free to PM me

    Relevant Advertising!

      #5377    
    Old March 13th, 2011 (6:45 AM).
    metapod23's Avatar
    metapod23 metapod23 is offline
    Hardened Trainer
       
      Join Date: Mar 2009
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Timid
      Posts: 673
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by pokeguy9000 View Post
      Hi i'm using XSE and Advance Map and trying to script all the people in an art gallery scene. Ive never used XSE before but because it is good for editing scripts and can be opened on A-Map i am trying to learn.

      Anyway this is the script
      Spoiler:
      #dynamic 0x800000

      #org @entrance
      lock
      faceplayer
      msgbox @amber 0x6
      release
      end

      #org @amber
      = Welcome to the exhibition. I'm Amber and\nthis was put together with the help of the\lLogan Park curators club.\pI hope you like it


      and the problem is that whenever i talk to the sprite she faces me but nothing happens and i can just walk away, this only happens once and i have to double tap A again to get her to face me but there is still no text.

      Thanks
      My only suggestion is to use msgbox 0x2 (msg_face) instead and remove the faceplayer command. You can also try removing the lock and release commands - they don't seem to be necessary for simple dialogues.
      __________________
        #5378    
      Old March 13th, 2011 (7:45 AM).
      Collen Collen is offline
      I have returned.
         
        Join Date: Jul 2009
        Posts: 71
        I need help with my script.
        Spoiler:
        '-----------------------
        #dynamic 0x80052C

        #org @start
        lock
        faceplayer
        checkflag 0x510
        if 0x1 goto @afterpkmn
        msgbox @beforepkmn 0x6
        release
        end

        #org @afterpkmn
        checkflag 0x511
        if 0x1 goto @battle
        msgbox @pkmnget 0x6
        release
        end

        #org @battle
        checkflag 0x512
        if 0x1 goto @thanks
        msgbox @battletime 0x6
        release
        end

        #org @thanks
        msgbox @thankyou 0x6
        release
        end

        #org @beforepkmn
        = It's such a sunny day outside!\pOh! Hey there, [player].\nAre you exited for your first day\las a Pok\h1Bmon trainer?\pSigh... I remember my first day.\lCaught a measly little Caterpie.\l'Course, now it's a Butterfree and\lthe star of my team!\pMaybe one day we'll balltle.\lMaybe.

        #org @pkmnget
        = Wow, nice Pok\h1Dmon you got there.\nI'll be looking forward to battling you!

        #org @battletime
        = Eight badges...?\nYou finally stand a chance to\lme.\pMind you, I've beaten the Pok\h1Dmon\lLeague before.\pI won't go easy on you!

        #org @thankyou
        = That was a good battle.\nCarry that Olive Branch with you-\lit will allow you to go behind the\lPok\h1Dmon League's gates.\pGood luck with your quest.

        (yes, I haven't made the battle script yet.)
        The problem is that once I compile it, it goes down to this:
        Spoiler:
        '-----------------------
        #org 0x80052C
        lock
        faceplayer
        checkflag 0x510
        if 0x1 goto 0x8800540

        '-----------------------
        #org 0x800540
        goto 0xF0880

        and it won't work. What do I do? I'm using XSE, by the way.
        __________________

          #5379    
        Old March 13th, 2011 (10:00 AM).
        FANOFFIRESTARTERS!!!'s Avatar
        FANOFFIRESTARTERS!!! FANOFFIRESTARTERS!!! is offline
        Call me FOFS
           
          Join Date: Aug 2008
          Posts: 40
          Need help with my script Idea!
          My idea is to have someone say something at random, yes I know how to do random numbers. But the difference is, a script tile would set the flag that corresponds with something the person would say, so that what the man says could be different each time you play, so if someone good at scripting is willing to help me please leave a VM.
          __________________
          My RBY solo challange!
          RBY: 25/81 [31%]
          Spoiler:

          1Venusaur 2Charizard 3Blastoise
          4Butterfree 5Beedrill 6Pidgeot
          7Raticate 8Fearow 9Arbok
          10Raichu 11Sandslash 12Nidoqueen 13Nidoking
          14Clefable 15Ninetales 16Wigglytuff 17Golbat
          18Vileplume 19Parasect 20Venomoth
          21Dugtrio 22Persian 23Golduck
          24Primeape 25Arcanine 26Poliwrath
          27Alakazam 28Machamp 29Victreebel
          30Tentacruel 31Golem 32Rapidash
          33Slowbro 34Magneton 35Farfetch'd 36Dodrio 37Dewgong 38Muk
          39Cloyster 40Gengar 41Onix
          42Hypno 43Kingler 44Electrode
          45Exeggutor 46Marowak 47Hitmonlee
          48Hitmonchan 49Lickitung 50Weezing
          51Rhydon 52Chansey 53Tangela
          54Kangaskhan 55Seadra 56Seaking 57Starmie 58Mr. Mime
          59Scyther 60Jynx 61Electabuzz 62Magmar 63Pinsir 64Tauros
          65Gyarados 66Lapras 67Ditto 68Vaporeon 69Jolteon
          70Flareon 71Porygon 72Omastar 73Kabutops
          74Aerodactyl 75Snorlax 76Articuno 77Zapdos
          78Moltres 79Dragonite 80Mewtwo 81Mew
            #5380    
          Old March 15th, 2011 (10:45 AM).
          joshblevins's Avatar
          joshblevins joshblevins is offline
             
            Join Date: Jul 2010
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 79
            This script is supposed to make the professors walk up to me notice me and my rival are getting attacked by some pokemon and then tell us quick take a starter we take a starter and then the script ends.

            He walks up to me then when he is supposed to ask what starter we would like he instead asks me what tm i want then if i choose any of the four a picture of houdour shows up on the screena nd then it freezes. any help would be greatly appreciated

            #dynamic 0x71A3C0

            #org @start
            checkflag 0x828
            if 0x1 goto @skip
            lock
            applymovement 0x03 @move
            waitmovement 0x0
            msgbox @speak 0x6
            goto @Continue


            #org @Continue
            msgbox @Talk 0x6
            setflag 0x828
            multichoice 0xE 0x0 0x1E 0x0
            copyvar 0x800D 0x8000
            compare 0x8000 0x0
            if 0x1 goto @Houndour
            compare 0x8000 0x1
            if 0x1 goto @Ralts
            compare 0x8000 0x2
            if 0x1 goto @Heracross
            goto @Continue

            #org @skip
            end

            #org @move
            #raw 0x10
            #raw 0x10
            #raw 0x10
            #raw 0x2
            #raw 0x62
            #raw 0x20
            #raw 0x20
            #raw 0xFE

            #org @speak
            = What are you boys doing all the way out here?

            #org @Houndour
            showpokepic 0xE4 0x10 0x03
            msgbox @ask 0x5
            if 0x0 goto @Continue
            hidepokepic
            givepokemon 0xE4 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
            fanfare 0x13E
            msgbox @given 0x6
            waitfanfare

            #org @Ralts
            showpokepic 0x188 0x10 0x03
            msgbox @ask1 0x5
            if 0x0 goto @Continue
            hidepokepic
            givepokemon 0x188 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
            fanfare 0x13E
            msgbox @given1 0x6
            waitfanfare

            #org @Heracross
            showpokepic 0xD6 0x10 0x03
            msgbox @ask2 0x5
            if 0x0 goto @Continue
            hidepokepic
            givepokemon 0xD6 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
            fanfare 0x13E
            msgbox @given2 0x6
            waitfanfare

            #org @ask
            = Would you like Houndour?
            #org @ask1
            = Would you like Ralts?
            #org @ask2
            = Would you like Heracross?

            #org @given
            = \v\h01 recieved Houdour!

            #org @given1
            = \v\h01 recieved Ralts!

            #org @given2
            = \v\h01 recieved Heracross!

            #org @Talk
            = Quick choose a pokemon!
            __________________
            Working on a Fire Red Remake Hack nameless for the time being!
              #5381    
            Old March 15th, 2011 (11:53 AM).
            SKRoy SKRoy is offline
            Pokémon Hacker
               
              Join Date: Mar 2010
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 66
              Hello (first sorry about my English, I'm Dutch),

              I want to make a wild battle script. I have te overworld of a Lugia. I make my wild battle script in PokéTronic, because I'm not very good with scripting. But when you fight with the Lugia and the fight is over he's not away... How can I make a wild battle fight, that when the fight is over that the Pokémon is gone?

              I'm a beginner so maby someone have a tutorial or a easy script or something?
                #5382    
              Old March 16th, 2011 (4:15 AM).
              Collen Collen is offline
              I have returned.
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2009
                Posts: 71
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by SKRoy View Post
                Hello (first sorry about my English, I'm Dutch),

                I want to make a wild battle script. I have te overworld of a Lugia. I make my wild battle script in PokéTronic, because I'm not very good with scripting. But when you fight with the Lugia and the fight is over he's not away... How can I make a wild battle fight, that when the fight is over that the Pokémon is gone?

                I'm a beginner so maby someone have a tutorial or a easy script or something?
                http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276
                Use CTRL+F and search "wildbattle". Make sure to know some flags.
                __________________

                  #5383    
                Old March 17th, 2011 (4:33 AM).
                Collen Collen is offline
                I have returned.
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2009
                  Posts: 71
                  Need help.
                  Trying to compile script. It won't work.
                  Using XSE

                  '-----------------------
                  #dynamic 0x71F050

                  #org @start
                  msgbox @talk 0x6
                  giveitem 0xD 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN
                  end

                  #org @talk
                  = Hi.

                  Says I need to define the perimeter for "giveitem 0xD 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN"
                  In the tutorial, it doesn't say that. I don't get it.
                  __________________

                    #5384    
                  Old March 17th, 2011 (10:59 AM).
                  SKRoy SKRoy is offline
                  Pokémon Hacker
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2010
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 66
                    What's wrong whit this script?:


                    #org $start
                    lock
                    faceplayer
                    cry 0xA1 406
                    #raw 0x33
                    pause 0x30
                    message $cry
                    $cry 1 = Grrrawwhh!
                    boxset 6
                    wildbattle 406 1 1
                    pause 0x60
                    fadescreen 0
                    removesprite 0x800F
                    setflag 0x1211
                    pause 0x10
                    fadescreen 0
                    release
                    end

                    In XSE I get:
                    Fout 13 'type mismatch' op lijn 1.
                    Geen #define of parameter.
                    Lijn: #org $start
                      #5385    
                    Old March 17th, 2011 (11:45 AM).
                    Collen Collen is offline
                    I have returned.
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2009
                      Posts: 71
                      I don't think that's an XSE script. It looks more like a PKSV script. But, anyway, in XSE you need

                      #dynamic 0x(offset here)

                      #org @start
                      __________________

                        #5386    
                      Old March 17th, 2011 (12:16 PM).
                      joshblevins's Avatar
                      joshblevins joshblevins is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2010
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 79
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Collen View Post
                        Need help.
                        Trying to compile script. It won't work.
                        Using XSE

                        '-----------------------
                        #dynamic 0x71F050

                        #org @start
                        msgbox @talk 0x6
                        giveitem 0xD 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN
                        end

                        #org @talk
                        = Hi.

                        Says I need to define the perimeter for "giveitem 0xD 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN"
                        In the tutorial, it doesn't say that. I don't get it.
                        Try this out.

                        '-----------------------
                        #dynamic 0x71F050

                        #org @start
                        lock
                        faceplayer
                        msgbox @talk 0x6
                        giveitem 0xD 0x1 0x0 0x0 0x0
                        release
                        end

                        #org @talk
                        = Hi.
                        __________________
                        Working on a Fire Red Remake Hack nameless for the time being!
                          #5387    
                        Old March 17th, 2011 (2:21 PM).
                        DrFuji's Avatar
                        DrFuji DrFuji is offline
                        Heiki Hecchara‌‌
                        • Crystal Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2009
                        Location: Downia-upside
                        Age: 24
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Jolly
                        Posts: 1,328
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Collen View Post
                        Need help.
                        Trying to compile script. It won't work.
                        Using XSE

                        '-----------------------
                        #dynamic 0x71F050

                        #org @start
                        msgbox @talk 0x6
                        giveitem 0xD 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN
                        end

                        #org @talk
                        = Hi.

                        Says I need to define the perimeter for "giveitem 0xD 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN"
                        In the tutorial, it doesn't say that. I don't get it.
                        There are some .RKC files that come with XSE that translate other scripting tool commands so XSE can understand them. You will have to use the preprocessing directive '#include std' (std is the file that translates MSG_OBTAIN) at the beginning to make this script run in its current format.

                        Otherwise, you can replace MSG_OBTAIN with 0x0 and still have the same result. MSG_FIND can be replaced with 0x1.
                        __________________
                          #5388    
                        Old March 17th, 2011 (2:34 PM). Edited March 17th, 2011 by Collen.
                        Collen Collen is offline
                        I have returned.
                           
                          Join Date: Jul 2009
                          Posts: 71
                          Okay, I'm having more problems.

                          Spoiler:
                          '-----------------------
                          #org 0x71F5FD
                          lock
                          faceplayer
                          checkflag 0x82F
                          if 0x1 goto 0x872234B
                          msgbox 0x87226D1 '"Sigh...\nBecause I don't have Runni..."
                          callstd 0x6
                          release
                          end

                          '-----------------------
                          #org 0x72234B
                          checkflag 0x514
                          if 0x1 goto 0x87226AD
                          msgbox 0x872272D '"Are those...?\nRunning shoes!\pPlea..."
                          callstd 0x5
                          compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                          if 0x1 goto 0x87226AD
                          msgbox 0x872276E '"Sniffle..."
                          callstd 0x6
                          release
                          end

                          '-----------------------
                          #org 0x7226AD
                          msgbox 0x872277A '"Gee, thanks, mister!\nRunning Shoes..."
                          callstd 0x6
                          setflag 0x514
                          clearflag 0x82F
                          applymovement 0x2 0x87226C6
                          hidesprite 0x2
                          setflag 0x516
                          comparefarbytetovar 0x1E1E1E1E 0x1E
                          comparefarbytetovar 0xFF1E1E1E 0xCD


                          '-----------
                          ' Movements
                          '-----------
                          #org 0x7226C6
                          #raw 1E 'Step Up (Fast)
                          #raw 1E 'Step Up (Fast)
                          #raw 1E 'Step Up (Fast)
                          #raw 1E 'Step Up (Fast)
                          #raw 1E 'Step Up (Fast)
                          #raw 1E 'Step Up (Fast)
                          #raw 1E 'Step Up (Fast)
                          #raw 1E 'Step Up (Fast)
                          #raw 1E 'Step Up (Fast)
                          #raw 1E 'Step Up (Fast)


                          '---------
                          ' Strings
                          '---------
                          #org 0x7226D1
                          = Sigh...\nBecause I don't have Running Shoes,\leveryone says I'm uncool!\pIt's so unfair!!!

                          #org 0x72272D
                          = Are those...?\nRunning shoes!\pPlease, mister, may I have them?

                          #org 0x72276E
                          = Sniffle...

                          #org 0x72277A
                          = Gee, thanks, mister!\nRunning Shoes are so 'in'!

                          When I give the running shoes, she disappears for a second and then runs away when I walk. If I follow her, the game crashes...
                          __________________

                            #5389    
                          Old March 17th, 2011 (4:47 PM).
                          blakcat blakcat is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Aug 2009
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 31
                            Hey, all. I'm getting this problem:
                            When I try to have a trigger (the green 's' in A-Map) run a trainerbattle, the game stops working. It basically locks you there and never releases, and it never actually runs the script. However, I know it is possible to do this without the game breaking, because it happens in the normal version of the game (Ruby) multiple times.
                            Thanks.


                            @Collen: I think your problem might be that you don't have "release" and "end" at the end of #org 0x7226AD. And another thing, you should probably have the "waitmovement" command following "applymovement." Let me know if that works!
                              #5390    
                            Old March 17th, 2011 (9:38 PM).
                            Darthatron's Avatar
                            Darthatron Darthatron is offline
                            巨大なトロール。
                            • Silver Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Jan 2006
                            Location: Melbourne, Australia
                            Age: 26
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Modest
                            Posts: 1,152
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Collen View Post
                            Okay, I'm having more problems.

                            Spoiler:
                            '-----------------------
                            #org 0x71F5FD
                            lock
                            faceplayer
                            checkflag 0x82F
                            if 0x1 goto 0x872234B
                            msgbox 0x87226D1 '"Sigh...\nBecause I don't have Runni..."
                            callstd 0x6
                            release
                            end

                            '-----------------------
                            #org 0x72234B
                            checkflag 0x514
                            if 0x1 goto 0x87226AD
                            msgbox 0x872272D '"Are those...?\nRunning shoes!\pPlea..."
                            callstd 0x5
                            compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                            if 0x1 goto 0x87226AD
                            msgbox 0x872276E '"Sniffle..."
                            callstd 0x6
                            release
                            end

                            '-----------------------
                            #org 0x7226AD
                            msgbox 0x872277A '"Gee, thanks, mister!\nRunning Shoes..."
                            callstd 0x6
                            setflag 0x514
                            clearflag 0x82F
                            applymovement 0x2 0x87226C6
                            waitmovement 0x0
                            hidesprite 0x2
                            setflag 0x516
                            release
                            end



                            '-----------
                            ' Movements
                            '-----------
                            #org 0x7226C6
                            #raw 0x1E 'Step Up (Fast)
                            #raw 0x1E 'Step Up (Fast)
                            #raw 0x1E 'Step Up (Fast)
                            #raw 0x1E 'Step Up (Fast)
                            #raw 0x1E 'Step Up (Fast)
                            #raw 0x1E 'Step Up (Fast)
                            #raw 0x1E 'Step Up (Fast)
                            #raw 0x1E 'Step Up (Fast)
                            #raw 0x1E 'Step Up (Fast)
                            #raw 0x1E 'Step Up (Fast)
                            #raw 0xFE 'End Movement


                            '---------
                            ' Strings
                            '---------
                            #org 0x7226D1
                            = Sigh...\nBecause I don't have Running Shoes,\leveryone says I'm uncool!\pIt's so unfair!!!

                            #org 0x72272D
                            = Are those...?\nRunning shoes!\pPlease, mister, may I have them?

                            #org 0x72276E
                            = Sniffle...

                            #org 0x72277A
                            = Gee, thanks, mister!\nRunning Shoes are so 'in'!

                            When I give the running shoes, she disappears for a second and then runs away when I walk. If I follow her, the game crashes...
                            I've added in bold what you forgot to add in.

                            Also, I have no idea why you had those comparefarbytetovar commands. :\
                            __________________
                            あなた は しきしゃ です
                            わたし は ばか です
                              #5391    
                            Old March 18th, 2011 (4:07 AM).
                            destinedjagold's Avatar
                            destinedjagold destinedjagold is offline
                            Oh Hai Thar~
                            • Silver Tier
                             
                            Join Date: May 2007
                            Location: Philippines
                            Age: 27
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Careful
                            Posts: 8,573
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by blakcat View Post
                            Hey, all. I'm getting this problem:
                            When I try to have a trigger (the green 's' in A-Map) run a trainerbattle, the game stops working. It basically locks you there and never releases, and it never actually runs the script. However, I know it is possible to do this without the game breaking, because it happens in the normal version of the game (Ruby) multiple times.
                            Thanks.
                            If you think that your script is causing the problem, then post it here.
                            However, based on what you have said, I think you forgot to set the unknown and variable numbers of the said "green 's'" tile through Advance Map...
                            If you're hacking Ruby, then put 0003 on 'Unknown' and 4000 on 'Var Number'.
                            If you're hacking FireRed, then put 0003 on 'Unknown' and 4050(not sure) on 'Var Number'...
                            Either which of the ROMs you are hacking, write 0000 on 'Var Value'...
                            __________________


                            FC: 0061-1111-6462
                            TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

                              #5392    
                            Old March 18th, 2011 (1:33 PM).
                            Complans Complans is offline
                            Trainer
                            • Gold Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Mar 2010
                            Posts: 98
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by pokeguy9000 View Post
                            Hi i'm using XSE and Advance Map and trying to script all the people in an art gallery scene. Ive never used XSE before but because it is good for editing scripts and can be opened on A-Map i am trying to learn.

                            Anyway this is the script
                            Spoiler:
                            #dynamic 0x800000

                            #org @entrance
                            lock
                            faceplayer
                            msgbox @amber 0x6
                            release
                            end

                            #org @amber
                            = Welcome to the exhibition. I'm Amber and\nthis was put together with the help of the\lLogan Park curators club.\pI hope you like it


                            and the problem is that whenever i talk to the sprite she faces me but nothing happens and i can just walk away, this only happens once and i have to double tap A again to get her to face me but there is still no text.

                            Thanks
                            I am having the same problem. I tried removing faceplayer, lock, and release but it still won't work.
                              #5393    
                            Old March 18th, 2011 (6:49 PM).
                            Collen Collen is offline
                            I have returned.
                               
                              Join Date: Jul 2009
                              Posts: 71
                              ^ try putting "callstd 0x6" after the "msgbox" thing.

                              I'm having problems with a script as well.
                              Spoiler:
                              '-----------------------
                              #org 0x72221C
                              checkflag 0x508
                              if 0x1 goto 0x8722313
                              end

                              '-----------------------
                              #org 0x722313
                              hidesprite 0x2
                              end

                              It's supposed to make a sprite disapear after I activate the flag.
                              But when I activate the flag (it activates inside a house) and come outside, he's still there, even though the flag is set.
                              __________________

                                #5394    
                              Old March 18th, 2011 (7:59 PM).
                              blakcat blakcat is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Aug 2009
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 31
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post

                                If you think that your script is causing the problem, then post it here.
                                However, based on what you have said, I think you forgot to set the unknown and variable numbers of the said "green 's'" tile through Advance Map...
                                If you're hacking Ruby, then put 0003 on 'Unknown' and 4000 on 'Var Number'.
                                If you're hacking FireRed, then put 0003 on 'Unknown' and 4050(not sure) on 'Var Number'...
                                Either which of the ROMs you are hacking, write 0000 on 'Var Value'...

                                Thanks, destinedjagold, it worked quite well!!
                                  #5395    
                                Old March 19th, 2011 (2:16 AM). Edited March 19th, 2011 by Complans.
                                Complans Complans is offline
                                Trainer
                                • Gold Tier
                                 
                                Join Date: Mar 2010
                                Posts: 98
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Collen View Post
                                ^ try putting "callstd 0x6" after the "msgbox" thing.

                                I'm having problems with a script as well.
                                Spoiler:
                                '-----------------------
                                #org 0x72221C
                                checkflag 0x508
                                if 0x1 goto 0x8722313
                                end

                                '-----------------------
                                #org 0x722313
                                hidesprite 0x2
                                end

                                It's supposed to make a sprite disapear after I activate the flag.
                                But when I activate the flag (it activates inside a house) and come outside, he's still there, even though the flag is set.
                                Still no luck. I dunno if it's the way I'm adding the scripts to the game, I'm using PokeScript, is this right?

                                EDIT: I just found out I can compile using XSE.. silly me
                                  #5396    
                                Old March 19th, 2011 (3:36 AM).
                                Collen Collen is offline
                                I have returned.
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jul 2009
                                  Posts: 71
                                  Oh, right. I should probably mention that it's a Map Script (you know, in the "header" thing?).
                                  __________________

                                    #5397    
                                  Old March 19th, 2011 (5:36 AM).
                                  Complans Complans is offline
                                  Trainer
                                  • Gold Tier
                                   
                                  Join Date: Mar 2010
                                  Posts: 98
                                  I'm having another problem, now with applymovement.

                                  My situation is, there is an area like this:

                                  [attachment]

                                  When the player steps on one of the four spaces in front of the man, a message box will come up telling the player to not go in there, and it will move the player three spaces to the left and one up. The thing is, it works perfectly but once the player finishes moving he is stuck there.

                                  Code:
                                  Spoiler:
                                  #dynamic 0x800000
                                  #org @start
                                  msgbox @man 0x06
                                  applymovement 0xFF @move
                                  waitmovement 0xFF
                                  release
                                  end

                                  #org @man
                                  = Man: Whoa, little boy! It's\nnot safe to go in there!

                                  #org @move
                                  #raw 0x12
                                  #raw 0x12
                                  #raw 0x12
                                  #raw 0x11
                                  Attached Images
                                  File Type: png hwjde.png‎ (3.1 KB, 4 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                                    #5398    
                                  Old March 19th, 2011 (6:26 AM).
                                  metapod23's Avatar
                                  metapod23 metapod23 is offline
                                  Hardened Trainer
                                     
                                    Join Date: Mar 2009
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Timid
                                    Posts: 673
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Collen View Post
                                    Oh, right. I should probably mention that it's a Map Script (you know, in the "header" thing?).
                                    Put 508 as the sprite's ID # if you haven't already (to hide a sprite, it must have an ID # and you must set the same flag # equivalent).


                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Complans View Post
                                    I'm having another problem, now with applymovement.

                                    My situation is, there is an area like this:

                                    [attachment]

                                    When the player steps on one of the four spaces in front of the man, a message box will come up telling the player to not go in there, and it will move the player three spaces to the left and one up. The thing is, it works perfectly but once the player finishes moving he is stuck there.

                                    Code:
                                    Spoiler:
                                    #dynamic 0x800000
                                    #org @start
                                    msgbox @man 0x06
                                    applymovement 0xFF @move
                                    waitmovement 0xFF
                                    release
                                    end

                                    #org @man
                                    = Man: Whoa, little boy! It's\nnot safe to go in there!

                                    #org @move
                                    #raw 0x12
                                    #raw 0x12
                                    #raw 0x12
                                    #raw 0x11
                                    #raw 0xfe
                                    Put #raw 0xfe at the end of the movements - you need this at the end to indicate to the game that there are no more movements to be completed.
                                    __________________
                                      #5399    
                                    Old March 19th, 2011 (7:48 AM).
                                    Complans Complans is offline
                                    Trainer
                                    • Gold Tier
                                     
                                    Join Date: Mar 2010
                                    Posts: 98
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by metapod23 View Post
                                    Put 508 as the sprite's ID # if you haven't already (to hide a sprite, it must have an ID # and you must set the same flag # equivalent).




                                    Put #raw 0xfe at the end of the movements - you need this at the end to indicate to the game that there are no more movements to be completed.
                                    Thanks! Works perfectly
                                      #5400    
                                    Old March 19th, 2011 (8:34 AM).
                                    SasukeCat's Avatar
                                    SasukeCat SasukeCat is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jan 2009
                                      Nature: Calm
                                      Posts: 59
                                      Problem:
                                      When the script ends the pokeball doesn't dissapear.

                                      Game: FireRed
                                      Type:
                                      Person event
                                      Editor: XSE
                                      Script:
                                      Spoiler:
                                      '---------------
                                      #org 0x800000
                                      lock
                                      faceplayer
                                      msgbox 0x8800022 MSG_FACE '"A co to jest?\nWidocznie jakis tre..."
                                      givepokemon 0x85 0x5 0x0 0x6 0x6 0x6
                                      setflag 0x828
                                      setflag 0x829
                                      fadescreen 0x0
                                      clearflag 0xBB

                                      '---------
                                      ' Strings
                                      '---------
                                      #org 0x800022
                                      = A co to jest?\nWidocznie jakis trener\lzgubil swojego pokemon'a i pokedex'a\lOtrzymales EEVEE i POKEDEX

                                      __________________


                                      Closed Thread

                                      Quick Reply

                                      Join the conversation!

                                      Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                      Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                      Sponsored Links
                                      Thread Tools

                                      Posting Rules
                                      You may not post new threads
                                      You may not post replies
                                      You may not post attachments
                                      You may not edit your posts

                                      BB code is On
                                      Smilies are On
                                      [IMG] code is On
                                      HTML code is Off

                                      Forum Jump


                                      All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:23 AM.