ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #5576    
Old April 22nd, 2011 (10:00 PM).
colcolstyles's Avatar
colcolstyles colcolstyles is offline
Yours truly
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Bay Area
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Posts: 1,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamb241 View Post
Thanks, but is there a way to make the player not warp to his mothers house? In my hack, the mother isn't even in the first town so this kind of defeats the point.
I'm confused. What, exactly, are you trying to accomplish?
__________________

Brother of Vrai

Relevant Advertising!

  #5577    
Old April 23rd, 2011 (3:44 AM).
stocko's Avatar
stocko stocko is offline
Toast Engineer
     
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Bold
    Posts: 38
    hey, can you please help me with this problem. I made a pokemart script and it works fine in game until I am leaving. When I say See Ya the text box remains on the screen but the player has been released from the conversation and can therefore move around. I will show you the script and a picture of the text box still there. Also the items do not properly appear. Mostly question marks appear instead of the name.


    #org $StartMarket
    lock
    faceplayer
    message $welcome
    $welcome 1 = Hey there \v\h01.\n How can I help you today?
    boxset 6
    pokemart $marketValues
    #raw 0x93 0x00 0x00 0x00
    #raw 0x93 0x00 0x00
    release
    end

    #org $marketValues
    lock
    #binary int 0x1 0x168 0x13 0x19 0x44 0x54 0x47 0x5E
    #binary int 0xB7 0x15A 0x159 0x165 0x166 0x167 0x0
    release
    end
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg FAIL.jpg‎ (127.7 KB, 8 views) (Save to Dropbox)
    __________________
    Just chillen :D

    I support these hacks
      #5578    
    Old April 23rd, 2011 (7:08 AM).
    adamb241's Avatar
    adamb241 adamb241 is offline
    Pokémon Raging Fury
       
      Join Date: Jan 2008
      Location: New York
      Age: 24
      Nature: Brave
      Posts: 660
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
      I'm confused. What, exactly, are you trying to accomplish?
      I'm trying to make it so the player warps to his room, and no text occurs, basically he just wakes up next to his bed. Someone else told me this isn't possible with out hex though, so, I'm going to have to find a way around it.
      __________________

      \-Pokémon Raging Fury-/
      +A new project from Dark Steel Productions+
        #5579    
      Old April 23rd, 2011 (4:34 PM).
      colcolstyles's Avatar
      colcolstyles colcolstyles is offline
      Yours truly
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: May 2008
      Location: The Bay Area
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Lonely
      Posts: 1,584
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by adamb241 View Post
      I'm trying to make it so the player warps to his room, and no text occurs, basically he just wakes up next to his bed. Someone else told me this isn't possible with out hex though, so, I'm going to have to find a way around it.
      Then just remove everything except the "end" command from that script and make the previous first floor into the player's room.
      __________________

      Brother of Vrai
        #5580    
      Old April 23rd, 2011 (5:04 PM).
      Gemini Pika's Avatar
      Gemini Pika Gemini Pika is offline
      Sprite Master
         
        Join Date: Aug 2007
        Location: In Another Dimension
        Gender:
        Nature: Docile
        Posts: 27
        I've run into a problem involving a yes/no script in Pokemon Gold. Here's what I had (Not what I inserted):

        6A 47 4C xx xx 54 4E 09 xx xx 4C xx xx 53 49 90

        1225C5(Offset) 00 96 AE B4 AB A3 7F A0 8F 8E 91 98 86 8E 8D E6 57 00

        1225D3(Offset) 00 87 A4 B1 A4 7F B8 AE B4 7F A6 AE E7 57 00

        1225E2(Offset) 00 85 A8 AD A4 7F B3 A7 A4 AD E8 57 00

        All together it was:

        6A 47 4C C5 65 54 4E 09 D3 65 4C E2 65 53 49 90 00 96 AE B4 AB A3 7F A0 8F 8E 91 98 86 8E 8D E6 57 00 00 87 A4 B1 A4 7F B8 AE B4 7F A6 AE E7 57 00 00 85 A8 AD A4 7F B3 A7 A4 AD E8 57 00

        The result I got was this:

        Would aPON?

        Yes
        No

        Yes: Unknown opcode at 8109 error, then a complete freeze up.
        No: Fine then.

        What I would like to know is how to fix the error and the "Would aPON?" part. Also I know the script is sort of messed up sentence-wise.
          #5581    
        Old April 23rd, 2011 (9:08 PM).
        Shadows's Avatar
        Shadows Shadows is offline
           
          Join Date: Jul 2008
          Location: Chicago, IL
          Age: 21
          Nature: Calm
          Posts: 857
          Spoiler:
          '---------------
          #org 0x880000
          checkflag 0x2007
          if 0x1 goto 0x8880257
          applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8880026
          waitmovement 0xFF
          trainerbattle 0x1 0x4 0x0 0x888002F 0x88800C1 0x88800CC
          '---------------
          #org 0x880257
          release
          end

          '---------------
          #org 0x8800CC
          applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8880029
          waitmovement 0x0
          trainerbattle 0x1 0x7 0x0 0x88800E9 0x8880139 0x8880164
          '---------------
          #org 0x880164
          applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x888002C
          waitmovement 0x0
          trainerbattle 0x1 0x5 0x0 0x8880181 0x88801BE 0x88801CC
          '---------------
          #org 0x8801CC
          cry 0xBE 0x0
          wildbattle 0xBE 0xE 0x8B
          msgbox 0x88801FB MSG_NORMAL ...
          fadescreen 0x1
          hidesprite 0x4
          hidesprite 0x5
          hidesprite 0x7
          fadescreen 0x0
          setflag 0x2007
          msgbox 0x8880230 MSG_NORMAL ...
          release
          end


          '---------
          ' Strings
          '---------
          #org 0x88002F
          = text
          #org 0x8800C1
          = text

          #org 0x8800E9
          = text

          #org 0x880139
          = text

          #org 0x880181
          = text

          #org 0x8801BE
          = text

          #org 0x8801FB
          = text

          #org 0x880230
          = text


          '-----------
          ' Movements
          '-----------
          #org 0x880026
          #raw 0x2E 'Face Up (Delayed)
          #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

          #org 0x880029
          #raw 0x2D 'Face Down (Delayed)
          #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

          #org 0x88002C
          #raw 0x30 'Face Right (Delayed)
          #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements


          3 battles in a row, with a wildbattle at the end.
          Hidesprite works fine at first, but if I warp in and out of the map, the sprites appear occasionally.(Not the only script I'm having this problem with)
          Also, if I lose one of the battles, the event doesn't trigger anymore. I've been out of hacking for a while so I'm not sure if these problems are script related or not.


            #5582    
          Old April 23rd, 2011 (11:31 PM).
          Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
          Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
          Memento Mori
          • Gold Tier
           
          Join Date: Jul 2008
          Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
          Age: 25
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Calm
          Posts: 14,494
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Shadows View Post
          3 battles in a row, with a wildbattle at the end.
          Hidesprite works fine at first, but if I warp in and out of the map, the sprites appear occasionally.(Not the only script I'm having this problem with)
          Also, if I lose one of the battles, the event doesn't trigger anymore. I've been out of hacking for a while so I'm not sure if these problems are script related or not.
          From the quick look at your script I think nothing is wrong with it...
          So... have you put flag 2007 into ID number of Overworld in A-Map?
          That will stop sprites from appearing ever again.

          And the second problem... well that's something that cannot be avoided... once you beat the first battle, script automaticaly takes that battle as finished and it "deletes" itself. So in other words it cannot continue from where it stopped. It's like normal trainer battles in your ROM. Once you beat trainer he/she won't battle you again immediately.
          You can fix it with flags, checkflags and ifs if you are afraid that player might lose.
          __________________
          ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

          Anime List | PSN Trophy List
            #5583    
          Old April 24th, 2011 (8:50 AM).
          jota_rdk's Avatar
          jota_rdk jota_rdk is offline
          Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
             
            Join Date: Jul 2010
            Location: Spain
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Timid
            Posts: 98
            How is used the "loadbytefrompointer" XSE command?
            I can not understand the first parameter (memory bank to use).
            __________________
            Pokémon Golden Legend // Pokémon Silver Legend


            My tutorials:

            __________________
            My english is very bad, I know. Sorry! xD
              #5584    
            Old April 24th, 2011 (9:42 AM).
            Shadows's Avatar
            Shadows Shadows is offline
               
              Join Date: Jul 2008
              Location: Chicago, IL
              Age: 21
              Nature: Calm
              Posts: 857
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
              From the quick look at your script I think nothing is wrong with it...
              So... have you put flag 2007 into ID number of Overworld in A-Map?
              That will stop sprites from appearing ever again.

              And the second problem... well that's something that cannot be avoided... once you beat the first battle, script automaticaly takes that battle as finished and it "deletes" itself. So in other words it cannot continue from where it stopped. It's like normal trainer battles in your ROM. Once you beat trainer he/she won't battle you again immediately.
              You can fix it with flags, checkflags and ifs if you are afraid that player might lose.
              Thanks for the quick reply.
              Yeah, I have put the flag # into the ID # of the overworld in A-map before posting here. The sprite stays hidden, but if I warp to another map it may or may not reappear.

              So I'll need to adjust the script as if the trainer were a Gym Leader, which allows you to rebattle them again after losing?
                #5585    
              Old April 24th, 2011 (12:17 PM).
              BlackRoseProject BlackRoseProject is offline
                 
                Join Date: Apr 2011
                Location: New Cardinal City
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Lax
                Posts: 5
                Code:
                 
                #org $script
                jingle
                message $1
                $1 1 = Oh! A Visitor!
                boxset 6
                clearflag 0x1200
                showsprite 7
                applymovement 7 $walk
                $walk 1 ; #binary 0x00 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x02 0xFE
                #org $walkcontinued
                $walkcontinued 1 ; #binary 0x02 0x02 0x01 0x01 0x01 0x01 0xFE
                pausemove 0
                applymovement 0xFF $look
                $look 1 ; #binary 0x03 0xFE
                pausemove 0
                message $2
                $2 1 = This is So unexpected! \lWhat a nice young man! \lpaying respects to the deceased.
                boxset 6
                applymovement 7 $walk2
                $walk2 1 ; #binary 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x03 0xFE
                $walk2continued 1 ; #binary 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x01 0xFE
                pausemove 0
                removesprite 7
                setflag 0x1200
                setvar 0x6000 0x0001
                release
                end
                She is supposed to walk away from her front door down the beaten path and up in to her husbands memeorial garden - unfortunately when i step on the script box all she does is stand at her front door and stares off into space blankly not a single twitch. Help?
                  #5586    
                Old April 24th, 2011 (12:57 PM).
                Olli's Avatar
                Olli Olli is offline
                I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
                • Silver Tier
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2010
                Location: Skyloft
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Quiet
                Posts: 2,613
                If the character freezes, and nothing in the script triggers, then it might be because you didn't put the variable into the script box.
                __________________
                Not removing this from my signature!

                  #5587    
                Old April 24th, 2011 (2:56 PM). Edited April 24th, 2011 by BlackRoseProject.
                BlackRoseProject BlackRoseProject is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2011
                  Location: New Cardinal City
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Lax
                  Posts: 5
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
                  If the character freezes, and nothing in the script triggers, then it might be because you didn't put the variable into the script box.

                  I made sure to do that - twice.
                  It asks as if the script box doesnt even exist becuase she's standing at her house if i go around the script box and never make contact with it.
                  If im not mistaken - she is flagged and shouldn't exist until i hit the script box.

                  EDIT*
                  ALso i asnt sure if this had to do ith a script or not - but I started fresh due to a bunch of glitches (I kept seeing the exiting building arrow even though i as no here near a warp box or in a building) I have cleared everything off the level it is no script free! but becuase of the ay i built the first ton the player spawns not only in ater but out side of the area i intended to even be reachable - is there a way to change where the player begins or am i going to have to restart...again?
                    #5588    
                  Old April 24th, 2011 (6:37 PM).
                  colcolstyles's Avatar
                  colcolstyles colcolstyles is offline
                  Yours truly
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: May 2008
                  Location: The Bay Area
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Lonely
                  Posts: 1,584
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by BlackRoseProject View Post
                  Code:
                   
                  #org $script
                  jingle
                  message $1
                  $1 1 = Oh! A Visitor!
                  boxset 6
                  clearflag 0x1200
                  showsprite 7
                  applymovement 7 $walk
                  $walk 1 ; #binary 0x00 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x02 0xFE
                  #org $walkcontinued
                  $walkcontinued 1 ; #binary 0x02 0x02 0x01 0x01 0x01 0x01 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  applymovement 0xFF $look
                  $look 1 ; #binary 0x03 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  message $2
                  $2 1 = This is So unexpected! \lWhat a nice young man! \lpaying respects to the deceased.
                  boxset 6
                  applymovement 7 $walk2
                  $walk2 1 ; #binary 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x03 0xFE
                  $walk2continued 1 ; #binary 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x01 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  removesprite 7
                  setflag 0x1200
                  setvar 0x6000 0x0001
                  release
                  end
                  She is supposed to walk away from her front door down the beaten path and up in to her husbands memeorial garden - unfortunately when i step on the script box all she does is stand at her front door and stares off into space blankly not a single twitch. Help?
                  I'm not an expert on Pokescript because it's buggy and outdated but maybe you should try something like this:

                  Spoiler:
                  Code:
                   
                  #org $script
                  jingle
                  message $1
                  $1 1 = Oh! A Visitor!
                  boxset 6
                  clearflag 0x1200
                  showsprite 7
                  applymovement 7 $walk
                  pausemove 0
                  applymovement 0xFF $look
                  pausemove 0
                  message $2
                  $2 1 = This is so unexpected! \lWhat a nice young man! \lpaying respects to the deceased.
                  boxset 6
                  applymovement 7 $walk2
                  pausemove 0
                  removesprite 7
                  setflag 0x1200
                  setvar 0x6000 0x0001
                  release
                  end
                  
                  #org $walk
                  #binary 0x00 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x02 0x01 0x01 0x01 0x01 0xFE
                  
                  #org $walk2
                  #binary 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x01 0xFE
                  
                  #org $look
                  #binary 0x03 0xFE


                  I think the way that you formatted your movement data is wrong but I can't say for sure because Pokescript is awful. You should seriously consider switching to XSE. Once you do, you'll regret not switching sooner.
                  __________________

                  Brother of Vrai
                    #5589    
                  Old April 24th, 2011 (7:28 PM).
                  BlackRoseProject BlackRoseProject is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Apr 2011
                    Location: New Cardinal City
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Lax
                    Posts: 5
                    Well when i did it that way first the compiler wasn't working - apparently you can't use more than 15 move calls at once? becuase when i changed it it compiled easily- and is this XSE and application? or just a different form of scripting? becuase i found out that none of my own script boxes work - when i step on them nothing happens.


                    ((Also completely unrelated note - if i use PKSV will i be able to edit the scripts that are already in the game? say like how when you get out of the car and your mom comes out of the door- would it be possible to edit her script so that she i dont know spins around a runs back in side? what she does int important just if its possible?))
                      #5590    
                    Old April 24th, 2011 (8:56 PM). Edited April 24th, 2011 by The Void.
                    The Void's Avatar
                    The Void The Void is offline
                    hiiiii
                       
                      Join Date: May 2010
                      Location: MOTHA RUSSIA
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Calm
                      Posts: 1,416
                      I made a script for Brendan in a cave in Pokemon FireRed. According to him he was there because of a rare Pokemon. He then engages the player in a Pokemon battle. After the player defeats him, Brendan says a few stuff about how strong the player is then an earthquake occurs. He then says that it must be coming from downstairs and walks towards a ladder leading downstairs.

                      Spoiler:
                      #dynamic 0x74000
                      #org @start
                      lockall
                      checkflag 0x200
                      if true jump :end
                      applymovement 0x1 @movement
                      applymovement 0x1 @movement2
                      trainerbattle 0x0 0x1AA 0x0 @intro @defeat
                      msgbox @afterbattle ' You have amazed me b...
                      callstd MSG_LOCK ' Built-in lock command
                      lockall
                      setvar 0x8004 0x3
                      setvar 0x8005 14
                      setvar 0x8006 14
                      setvar 0x8007 3
                      special 0x136
                      waitspecial
                      releaseall
                      lock
                      faceplayer
                      msgbox @text ' What was that?
                      callstd MSG_NORMAL
                      release
                      applymovement 0x1 @movement3
                      applymovement 0x1 @movement4
                      pauseevent 0x1
                      disappear 0x1
                      end

                      #org @intro
                      = Hey!\nYou're ALBRAVE, right? \pI've heard so much about you! \pI've heard of your triumph over\nthe ELITE FOUR in KANTO! \pOh, I forgot to introduce myself.\pI am BRENDAN, the\nHOENN LEAGUE CHAMPION. \pI have come here because\nI have heard that a rare species\lof POK\eMON has come\nhere. \pBut before I battle it,\nI want to see your strength\nin a POK\eMON BATTLE! \pCome on!

                      #org @defeat
                      = Wow! You're strong!

                      #org @afterbattle
                      = You have amazed me beyond\nwords! \pI guess I'm not worthy\nof the rare POK\eMON that dwells here. \pBut you are! \nGo on! \pI must take flight! \pSee you around soon!

                      #org @text
                      = What was that? \pAn earthquake!\nIt must be coming from below!\lLet's check it out!

                      #org @movement
                      M look_down say_! end

                      #org @movement2
                      M walk_down walk_down

                      #org @movement3
                      M say_!!

                      #org @movement4
                      M walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right end


                      I was able to compile this and get the offset but for some reason when I tested it on the game, the game just hangs... Can you tell me why? Please do tell me what's wrong with my script. I've just began scripting and I don't know much yet...
                        #5591    
                      Old April 25th, 2011 (12:19 AM).
                      Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                      Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                      Memento Mori
                      • Gold Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2008
                      Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                      Age: 25
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Calm
                      Posts: 14,494
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Shadows View Post
                      So I'll need to adjust the script as if the trainer were a Gym Leader, which allows you to rebattle them again after losing?
                      Yes, that is one way how to do it =)

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by dragon456 View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      #dynamic 0x74000
                      #org @start
                      lockall
                      checkflag 0x200
                      if true jump :end
                      applymovement 0x1 @movement
                      applymovement 0x1 @movement2
                      trainerbattle 0x0 0x1AA 0x0 @intro @defeat
                      msgbox @afterbattle ' You have amazed me b...
                      callstd MSG_LOCK ' Built-in lock command
                      lockall
                      setvar 0x8004 0x3
                      setvar 0x8005 14
                      setvar 0x8006 14
                      setvar 0x8007 3
                      special 0x136
                      waitspecial
                      releaseall
                      lock
                      faceplayer
                      msgbox @text ' What was that?
                      callstd MSG_NORMAL
                      release
                      applymovement 0x1 @movement3
                      applymovement 0x1 @movement4
                      pauseevent 0x1
                      disappear 0x1
                      end

                      #org @intro
                      = Hey!\nYou're ALBRAVE, right? \pI've heard so much about you! \pI've heard of your triumph over\nthe ELITE FOUR in KANTO! \pOh, I forgot to introduce myself.\pI am BRENDAN, the\nHOENN LEAGUE CHAMPION. \pI have come here because\nI have heard that a rare species\lof POK\eMON has come\nhere. \pBut before I battle it,\nI want to see your strength\nin a POK\eMON BATTLE! \pCome on!

                      #org @defeat
                      = Wow! You're strong!

                      #org @afterbattle
                      = You have amazed me beyond\nwords! \pI guess I'm not worthy\nof the rare POK\eMON that dwells here. \pBut you are! \nGo on! \pI must take flight! \pSee you around soon!

                      #org @text
                      = What was that? \pAn earthquake!\nIt must be coming from below!\lLet's check it out!

                      #org @movement
                      M look_down say_! end

                      #org @movement2
                      M walk_down walk_down

                      #org @movement3
                      M say_!!

                      #org @movement4
                      M walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right end


                      I was able to compile this and get the offset but for some reason when I tested it on the game, the game just hangs... Can you tell me why? Please do tell me what's wrong with my script. I've just began scripting and I don't know much yet...
                      I'm amazed how your ROM could swallow this script O_o
                      But let me ask you something... are you using XSE? If yes, what version.
                      Because your movement commands are pretty weird... you know you cannot write what you want person to do, you must write commands in form of e.g. #raw 0xFE (which is End Movement command).
                      I'd suggest you to check diegoisawesome's scripting tutorial and movement part, it surely gives you the hang of it =)
                      __________________
                      ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                      Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                        #5592    
                      Old April 25th, 2011 (7:29 AM).
                      Olli's Avatar
                      Olli Olli is offline
                      I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
                      • Silver Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Aug 2010
                      Location: Skyloft
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Quiet
                      Posts: 2,613
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by BlackRoseProject View Post
                      Well when i did it that way first the compiler wasn't working - apparently you can't use more than 15 move calls at once? becuase when i changed it it compiled easily- and is this XSE and application? or just a different form of scripting? becuase i found out that none of my own script boxes work - when i step on them nothing happens.


                      ((Also completely unrelated note - if i use PKSV will i be able to edit the scripts that are already in the game? say like how when you get out of the car and your mom comes out of the door- would it be possible to edit her script so that she i dont know spins around a runs back in side? what she does int important just if its possible?))
                      You see, I think that XSE is the best scripting program there's out there (yes, it is an application.)
                      When you download XSE, tutorials, item and pokemon hex codes comes with it, and you'll also be able to read and edit scripts that are already in the game through XSE.
                      I would highly recommend that you download it.
                      I think you can find it in HackMew's toolbox (if the download link works now)
                      __________________
                      Not removing this from my signature!

                        #5593    
                      Old April 25th, 2011 (8:31 AM).
                      GamerFilio GamerFilio is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Apr 2011
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 6
                        I found out that the general questions thread wasn't where I was supposed to post.

                        I've been trying to give the pokedex and pokemon menu to the player but it's not working.
                        My script;
                        #org $script
                        lock
                        faceplayer
                        checkflag 0x1200
                        if 0x01 goto $done
                        message $talk
                        $talk 1 = I got you an Eevee for your\n birthday. Be responsible!
                        boxset 6
                        givepokemon 133 5 0x8B
                        setflag 0x1200
                        setflag FR_PKMNMENU
                        setflag FR_POKEDEX
                        applymovement 1 $move
                        $move 1 ; #binary 0x12 0xFE
                        pausemove 0x0000

                        #org $done
                        message $bye
                        $bye 1 = Have fun on your advenuture!
                        boxset 6
                        release
                        end

                        I used Poket Script.
                        __________________
                          #5594    
                        Old April 25th, 2011 (8:39 AM).
                        Olli's Avatar
                        Olli Olli is offline
                        I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
                        • Silver Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Aug 2010
                        Location: Skyloft
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Quiet
                        Posts: 2,613
                        Like I posted on the the simple questions thread, you should try and change FR_PKMNMENU to 0x828 and FR_POKEDEX to 0x829.
                        __________________
                        Not removing this from my signature!

                          #5595    
                        Old April 25th, 2011 (2:01 PM).
                        Dark pokemon's Avatar
                        Dark pokemon Dark pokemon is offline
                        Beginner Hacker
                           
                          Join Date: Mar 2010
                          Location: Jacksonville
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Calm
                          Posts: 43
                          I'm hacking Emerald.

                          In this script you recieve an Evee but for some reason the script repeats.

                          Here is the script
                          Code:
                          '---------------
                          #org 0x48B62F
                          checkflag 0x860
                          lock
                          faceplayer
                          setvar 0x4001 0x2
                          setvar 0x4002 0x9B
                          setvar 0x4003 0xE
                          setvar 0x4004 0x6
                          compare 0x4055 0x3
                          if 0x4 goto 0x848B669
                          compare 0x4055 0x2
                          if 0x1 goto 0x848B6A2
                          msgbox 0x848B7C6 MSG_NORMAL '"Its a strange machine.\nWait, is t..."
                          release
                          end
                          
                          '---------------
                          #org 0x48B669
                          msgbox 0x848B674 MSG_NORMAL '"Its a machine where Prof.Ike keeps..."
                          release
                          end
                          
                          '---------------
                          #org 0x48B6A2
                          msgbox 0x848B6CA MSG_YESNO '"Is that an Evee in that machine?"
                          showpokepic 0x85 0xA 0x3
                          msgbox 0x848B6ED MSG_YESNO '"Should I take it?"
                          compare LASTRESULT 0x2
                          if 0x0 goto 0x848B701
                          if 0x1 goto 0x848B789
                          end
                          
                          '---------------
                          #org 0x48B701
                          hidepokepic
                          givepokemon 0x85 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                          fanfare 0x13E
                          msgbox 0x848B73E MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[darkgrey_em]You received an Evee!"
                          waitfanfare
                          closeonkeypress
                          setflag 0x860
                          msgbox 0x848B759 MSG_YESNO '"[darkgrey_em]Would you like to giv..."
                          compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                          if 0x1 call 0x848B737
                          release
                          end
                          
                          '---------------
                          #org 0x48B789
                          msgbox 0x848B7A2 MSG_YESNO '"Why not?  I'm allowed to take it?"
                          compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                          if 0x1 goto 0x848B6A2
                          goto 0x848B789
                          
                          '---------------
                          #org 0x48B737
                          call 0x81A74EB
                          return
                          
                          '---------------
                          #org 0x1A74EB
                          jumpram
                          nop1
                          comparefarbytes 0x34014004 0xF0001C20
                          comparefarbytes 0x44802FD 0x1BC1080
                          virtualcallif 0x0 0xF0000047
                          showpokepic 0x203 0x0 0xB5
                          if 0x48 call 0x49076800
                          warp4 0x18 0x0 0x88 0x2804 0xD80F
                          goto 0x480649
                          
                          
                          '---------
                          ' Strings
                          '---------
                          #org 0x48B7C6
                          = Its a strange machine.\nWait, is that an Evee?
                          
                          #org 0x48B674
                          = Its a machine where Prof.Ike keeps\nPOKEMON.
                          
                          #org 0x48B6CA
                          = Is that an Evee in that machine?
                          
                          #org 0x48B6ED
                          = Should I take it?
                          
                          #org 0x48B73E
                          = [darkgrey_em]You received an Evee!
                          
                          #org 0x48B759
                          = [darkgrey_em]Would you like to give a\nnickname to Evee?
                          
                          #org 0x48B7A2
                          = Why not?  I'm allowed to take it?
                          __________________
                          Hacks I support:




                            #5596    
                          Old April 25th, 2011 (5:22 PM).
                          BlackRoseProject BlackRoseProject is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Apr 2011
                            Location: New Cardinal City
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Lax
                            Posts: 5
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
                            You see, I think that XSE is the best scripting program there's out there (yes, it is an application.)
                            When you download XSE, tutorials, item and pokemon hex codes comes with it, and you'll also be able to read and edit scripts that are already in the game through XSE.
                            I would highly recommend that you download it.
                            I think you can find it in HackMew's toolbox (if the download link works now)

                            Thank you!! I hope it's as great as you say becuase pokescript is tough!
                              #5597    
                            Old April 25th, 2011 (6:44 PM).
                            Quickster's Avatar
                            Quickster Quickster is offline
                            Dream or Drop?
                               
                              Join Date: Oct 2007
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Quiet
                              Posts: 351
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Dark pokemon View Post
                              I'm hacking Emerald.

                              In this script you recieve an Evee but for some reason the script repeats.

                              Here is the script
                              Code:
                              '---------------
                              #org 0x48B62F
                              checkflag 0x860
                              lock
                              faceplayer
                              setvar 0x4001 0x2
                              setvar 0x4002 0x9B
                              setvar 0x4003 0xE
                              setvar 0x4004 0x6
                              compare 0x4055 0x3
                              if 0x4 goto 0x848B669
                              compare 0x4055 0x2
                              if 0x1 goto 0x848B6A2
                              msgbox 0x848B7C6 MSG_NORMAL '"Its a strange machine.\nWait, is t..."
                              release
                              end
                              
                              '---------------
                              #org 0x48B669
                              msgbox 0x848B674 MSG_NORMAL '"Its a machine where Prof.Ike keeps..."
                              release
                              end
                              
                              '---------------
                              #org 0x48B6A2
                              msgbox 0x848B6CA MSG_YESNO '"Is that an Evee in that machine?"
                              showpokepic 0x85 0xA 0x3
                              msgbox 0x848B6ED MSG_YESNO '"Should I take it?"
                              compare LASTRESULT 0x2
                              if 0x0 goto 0x848B701
                              if 0x1 goto 0x848B789
                              end
                              
                              '---------------
                              #org 0x48B701
                              hidepokepic
                              givepokemon 0x85 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                              fanfare 0x13E
                              msgbox 0x848B73E MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[darkgrey_em]You received an Evee!"
                              waitfanfare
                              closeonkeypress
                              setflag 0x860
                              msgbox 0x848B759 MSG_YESNO '"[darkgrey_em]Would you like to giv..."
                              compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                              if 0x1 call 0x848B737
                              release
                              end
                              
                              '---------------
                              #org 0x48B789
                              msgbox 0x848B7A2 MSG_YESNO '"Why not?  I'm allowed to take it?"
                              compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                              if 0x1 goto 0x848B6A2
                              goto 0x848B789
                              
                              '---------------
                              #org 0x48B737
                              call 0x81A74EB
                              return
                              
                              '---------------
                              #org 0x1A74EB
                              jumpram
                              nop1
                              comparefarbytes 0x34014004 0xF0001C20
                              comparefarbytes 0x44802FD 0x1BC1080
                              virtualcallif 0x0 0xF0000047
                              showpokepic 0x203 0x0 0xB5
                              if 0x48 call 0x49076800
                              warp4 0x18 0x0 0x88 0x2804 0xD80F
                              goto 0x480649
                              
                              
                              '---------
                              ' Strings
                              '---------
                              #org 0x48B7C6
                              = Its a strange machine.\nWait, is that an Evee?
                              
                              #org 0x48B674
                              = Its a machine where Prof.Ike keeps\nPOKEMON.
                              
                              #org 0x48B6CA
                              = Is that an Evee in that machine?
                              
                              #org 0x48B6ED
                              = Should I take it?
                              
                              #org 0x48B73E
                              = [darkgrey_em]You received an Evee!
                              
                              #org 0x48B759
                              = [darkgrey_em]Would you like to give a\nnickname to Evee?
                              
                              #org 0x48B7A2
                              = Why not?  I'm allowed to take it?
                              Hmm, sorry I didnt really take the time to look at this and really focus so this may be wrong, but I believe that since you have a checkflag 0x860 at the beginning and not an if statement that is your problem. At least at first glance.

                              So like this:
                              checkflag 0x860
                              if 0x1 goto @blahh

                              and I think that should stop it from repeating.
                              __________________
                              I laugh looking at this.

                              But sometimes I want to come back to it...

                                #5598    
                              Old April 25th, 2011 (6:54 PM).
                              The Void's Avatar
                              The Void The Void is offline
                              hiiiii
                                 
                                Join Date: May 2010
                                Location: MOTHA RUSSIA
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Calm
                                Posts: 1,416
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
                                Yes, that is one way how to do it =)


                                I'm amazed how your ROM could swallow this script O_o
                                But let me ask you something... are you using XSE? If yes, what version.
                                Because your movement commands are pretty weird... you know you cannot write what you want person to do, you must write commands in form of e.g. #raw 0xFE (which is End Movement command).
                                I'd suggest you to check diegoisawesome's scripting tutorial and movement part, it surely gives you the hang of it =)
                                No I use PKSVUI not XSE...
                                  #5599    
                                Old April 26th, 2011 (3:31 PM).
                                BlackRoseProject BlackRoseProject is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Apr 2011
                                  Location: New Cardinal City
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Lax
                                  Posts: 5
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by BlackRoseProject View Post
                                  Thank you!! I hope it's as great as you say becuase pokescript is tough!
                                  Wow It took me a bit of time to find the program but once i did i was a bit overwhelemed lol it has so many features i don't know where to start! i suppose from the beginning would be the most logical however - to the tutorials!
                                    #5600    
                                  Old April 26th, 2011 (8:00 PM).
                                  SynysterKobra's Avatar
                                  SynysterKobra SynysterKobra is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jun 2009
                                    Location: San Pablo, CA
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Relaxed
                                    Posts: 8
                                    Game: Fire Red
                                    Type: Trigger
                                    Editor: XSE
                                    Spoiler:
                                    #dynamic 0x802400

                                    #org @start
                                    checkflag 0x1002
                                    if 0x01 goto @done
                                    applymovement 0x4 @moverival
                                    msgbox @1 0x6
                                    waitmovement 0x0
                                    applymovement 0x4 @move
                                    waitmovement 0x0
                                    applymovement 0xFF @moveplayer
                                    waitmovement 0x0
                                    setflag 0x1002
                                    goto @rivalbattle

                                    #org @done
                                    release
                                    end

                                    #org @rivalbattle
                                    trainerbattle 0x1 0x0001 0x0 @intro @defeat @after

                                    #org @after
                                    checkflag 0x1003
                                    if 0x01 goto @done
                                    msgbox @2 0x2
                                    applymovement 0x3 @moveprof
                                    waitmovement 0x0
                                    applymovement 0x4 @move2
                                    waitmovement 0x0
                                    applymovement 0xFF @moveplayer2
                                    waitmovement 0x0
                                    msgbox @3 0x2
                                    applymovement 0x3 @moveprof2
                                    waitmovement 0x0
                                    applymovement 0x4 @move3
                                    waitmovement 0x0
                                    applymovement 0xFF @moveplayer3
                                    waitmovement 0x0
                                    msgbox @4 0x2
                                    setflag 0x1003
                                    release
                                    end

                                    #org @intro
                                    = I have to tell you something\nbut I kind of forgot over this\pexcitement of my new Pokemon!\nWhat?! Yout got one too?!\pLet's battle then!

                                    #org @defeat
                                    = Now I remember what I was\ngoing to tell you...

                                    #org @moverival
                                    #raw 0x2
                                    #raw 0xFE

                                    #org @move
                                    #raw 0x12
                                    #raw 0x12
                                    #raw 0x12
                                    #raw 0x12
                                    #raw 0x12
                                    #raw 0x12
                                    #raw 0x12
                                    #raw 0x12
                                    #raw 0x12
                                    #raw 0x12
                                    #raw 0x12
                                    #raw 0x0
                                    #raw 0xFE

                                    #org @moveplayer
                                    #raw 0x1
                                    #raw 0xFE

                                    #org @moveprof
                                    #raw 0x1
                                    #raw 0x11
                                    #raw 0x11
                                    #raw 0x11
                                    #raw 0x11
                                    #raw 0x11
                                    #raw 0x12
                                    #raw 0x12
                                    #raw 0x12
                                    #raw 0x12
                                    #raw 0xFE

                                    #org @move2
                                    #raw 0x3
                                    #raw 0xFE

                                    #org @moveplayer2
                                    #raw 0x3
                                    #raw 0xFE

                                    #org @moveprof2
                                    #raw 0x3
                                    #raw 0x13
                                    #raw 0x13
                                    #raw 0x13
                                    #raw 0x13
                                    #raw 0x10
                                    #raw 0x10
                                    #raw 0x10
                                    #raw 0x10
                                    #raw 0x10
                                    #raw 0xFE

                                    #org @move3
                                    #raw 0x0
                                    #raw 0xFE

                                    #org @moveplayer3
                                    #raw 0x1
                                    #raw 0xFE

                                    #org @1
                                    = [player]!\nWait up!

                                    #org @2
                                    = ???: Good job. Both of you.

                                    #org @3
                                    = ???: The way both of you\nbattled was excellent.\pPokemon aren't just pets.\nThey're your friends.\pTreat them with respect and\nyou can accomplish many things.\pI want both of you to\nstop by my lab.\pI have something that\nwill aid both of you.\pCome by whenever\nyou are ready.

                                    #org @4
                                    = Itante: Who was that?\nAnyways, my dad got a new job at\pthe region Johto.\nWe are leaving today and I don't\pknow if we will ever come back.\nSo I guess this is goodbye.


                                    Sorry can't post the video link. But basically the pokemon trainer I battle is invisible in the Over World. I'd like to know how to fix it.
                                    __________________



                                    Closed Thread
                                    Quick Reply

                                    Sponsored Links
                                    Thread Tools

                                    Posting Rules
                                    You may not post new threads
                                    You may not post replies
                                    You may not post attachments
                                    You may not edit your posts

                                    BB code is On
                                    Smilies are On
                                    [IMG] code is On
                                    HTML code is Off

                                    Forum Jump


                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:15 PM.