ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #6026    
Old August 16th, 2011 (1:16 PM).
dido's Avatar
dido dido is offline
DARK DIALGA OF DOOOOOOOOM
     
    Join Date: Mar 2007
    Gender:
    Nature: Bold
    Posts: 20
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

    Have you ever decompiled E4 script? :D
    There are tons of flags to choose from =)
    Indeed I have! After a looking for a long time I found it . It's flag 0x844.

    But now I have a problem with my script >.< .

    Game: Fire red

    Type: Person event

    Editor: XSE

    Script: So the script is supposed to be such that after I beat the elite 4, a person blocking a house dissapears after I talk to her. However my script dosen't seem to do that. Anyone want to tell me what's wrong? One error is that in a new game after I talk to the person she dissapers even though I DIDN'T beat the champion. Why is that?

    Spoiler:

    #dynamic 0x2E4F00

    #org @start
    checkflag 0x844
    if 0x1 call @Next
    msgbox @msg 0x2
    fadescreen 0x1
    fadescreen 0x0
    hidesprite 0x800F
    setflag 0x1200
    release
    end

    #org @Next
    msgbox @msg2 0x2
    end

    #org @msg
    = Ohh! Please Pass champion!


    #org @msg2
    = This place holds something... special. Beat the elite four and I will let you think about letting you in here.


    For the #org @msg2, I will use a text adjuster to make it fit later.
    __________________
    lol buterfree...

    Relevant Advertising!

      #6027    
    Old August 16th, 2011 (1:28 PM).
    Missingyep Missingyep is offline
       
      Join Date: Jul 2010
      Posts: 275
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by dido View Post
      . . . after I beat the elite 4, a person blocking a house dissapears after I talk to her. However my script dosen't seem to do that. Anyone want to tell me what's wrong? One error is that in a new game after I talk to the person she dissapers even though I DIDN'T beat the champion. Why is that?

      Spoiler:

      #dynamic 0x2E4F00

      #org @start
      checkflag 0x844
      if 0x1 call @Next
      msgbox @msg 0x2
      fadescreen 0x1
      fadescreen 0x0
      hidesprite 0x800F
      setflag 0x1200
      release
      end

      #org @Next
      msgbox @msg2 0x2
      end

      #org @msg
      = Ohh! Please Pass champion!


      #org @msg2
      = This place holds something... special. Beat the elite four and I will let you think about letting you in here.
      I've bolded one of the problems in your code. You're calling @Next. That means that when @Next finishes executing, the game will jump back to the script that called it (@start) and finish running that script.

      It looks like you'll need to turn that call into a goto in order to do what you want. That will fix the problem with her unblocking the door before the Champion is beaten.
        #6028    
      Old August 16th, 2011 (4:21 PM).
      dido's Avatar
      dido dido is offline
      DARK DIALGA OF DOOOOOOOOM
         
        Join Date: Mar 2007
        Gender:
        Nature: Bold
        Posts: 20
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by DavidJCobb View Post
        I've bolded one of the problems in your code. You're calling @Next. That means that when @Next finishes executing, the game will jump back to the script that called it (@start) and finish running that script.

        It looks like you'll need to turn that call into a goto in order to do what you want. That will fix the problem with her unblocking the door before the Champion is beaten.
        Thank you so much! That fixed it .

        NOTE!!!! The flag I gave was wrong. THe champion script cannot be decompiled so insted I used the "giving sapphire to celio" flag which is 0x8C insted.
        __________________
        lol buterfree...
          #6029    
        Old August 16th, 2011 (7:35 PM).
        shinyabsol1's Avatar
        shinyabsol1 shinyabsol1 is offline
        Pokemon DarkJasper!?
           
          Join Date: Aug 2010
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Calm
          Posts: 330
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Ash493
          Have you ever decompiled E4 script?
          There are tons of flags to choose from =)
          Sorry, I misinterpreted the question...I was thinking that dido was referring to a custom e4 script, rather than one of the existing ones...

          ...in that case, of course there are probably tons to choose from :D
          (I never have decompiled an e4 script...yet. I'm fairly new to scripting)
            #6030    
          Old August 17th, 2011 (5:49 AM).
          Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
          Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
          Memento Mori
          • Gold Tier
           
          Join Date: Jul 2008
          Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
          Age: 24
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Calm
          Posts: 14,475
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by shinyabsol1 View Post
          Sorry, I misinterpreted the question...I was thinking that dido was referring to a custom e4 script, rather than one of the existing ones...

          ...in that case, of course there are probably tons to choose from :D
          (I never have decompiled an e4 script...yet. I'm fairly new to scripting)
          I see =D It's cool =D It sometimes happens =)

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by dido View Post
          For the #org @msg2, I will use a text adjuster to make it fit later.
          As David said you needed goto function instead of call.
          I would suggest using call only in special cases when you need to jump from one script to for example existing one in ROM =)
          __________________
          ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

          Anime List | PSN Trophy List
            #6031    
          Old August 18th, 2011 (3:19 AM).
          ZxC Mirai's Avatar
          ZxC Mirai ZxC Mirai is offline
          Huh?
             
            Join Date: Jun 2011
            Location: Pampanga Philippines
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Timid
            Posts: 267
            Could someone tell what is wrong with this Script...
            When i walk and near with it,,, It Restarts The Game I cant go to the Script tile
            here is the Script. (PERSON IS HIDDEN)

            Spoiler:
            #dynamic 0x800000

            #org @start
            setvar 0x2005 0x1
            checkflag 0x210
            if 0x0 goto @done
            applymovement 0x1 @flap
            waitmovement 0x0
            msgbox @flapflap 0x6
            applymovement 0xFF @move
            waitmovement 0x0
            msgbox @huh 0x6
            release
            end

            #org @flap
            #raw 0x61
            #raw 0x12
            #raw 0x12
            #raw 0x12
            #raw 0x12
            #raw 0x12
            #raw 0x12
            #raw 0x12
            #raw 0x12
            #raw 0x12
            #raw 0x12
            #raw 0x12
            #raw 0x12
            #raw 0x12
            #raw 0x12
            #raw 0x12
            #raw 0x60
            #raw 0xFE

            #org @flapflap
            = Flap!\pFlap!\pFlap!\pFlap!\p[PLAYER]: Huh?

            #org @move
            #raw 0x63
            #raw 0x11
            #raw 0x11
            #raw 0x3
            #raw 0x2
            #raw 0xFE

            #org @huh
            = What was That?\pIt\pIt\pIt's so BEAUTIFUL!\pHmmmmmm.. But what is That???\pHmmmmm NeverMind!

            #org @done
            release
            end


            Help would be Greatly Appreciated! Thanks :D
            __________________
            This signature has been disabled.
            Too tall
            Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

            You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

            Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
              #6032    
            Old August 18th, 2011 (8:13 AM).
            metapod23's Avatar
            metapod23 metapod23 is offline
            Hardened Trainer
               
              Join Date: Mar 2009
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Timid
              Posts: 673
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by UnForgiven* View Post
              Could someone tell what is wrong with this Script...
              When i walk and near with it,,, It Restarts The Game I cant go to the Script tile
              here is the Script. (PERSON IS HIDDEN)

              Spoiler:
              #dynamic 0x800000

              #org @start
              setvar 0x2005 0x1
              checkflag 0x210
              if 0x0 goto @done
              applymovement 0x1 @flap
              waitmovement 0x0
              msgbox @flapflap 0x6
              applymovement 0xFF @move
              waitmovement 0x0
              msgbox @huh 0x6
              release
              end

              #org @flap
              #raw 0x61
              #raw 0x12
              #raw 0x12
              #raw 0x12
              #raw 0x12
              #raw 0x12
              #raw 0x12
              #raw 0x12
              #raw 0x12
              #raw 0x12
              #raw 0x12
              #raw 0x12
              #raw 0x12
              #raw 0x12
              #raw 0x12
              #raw 0x12
              #raw 0x60
              #raw 0xFE

              #org @flapflap
              = Flap!\pFlap!\pFlap!\pFlap!\p[PLAYER]: Huh?

              #org @move
              #raw 0x63
              #raw 0x11
              #raw 0x11
              #raw 0x3
              #raw 0x2
              #raw 0xFE

              #org @huh
              = What was That?\pIt\pIt\pIt's so BEAUTIFUL!\pHmmmmmm.. But what is That???\pHmmmmm NeverMind!

              #org @done
              release
              end


              Help would be Greatly Appreciated! Thanks :D
              Setting a sprite to Hidden causes the game to restart, so it's not the script that's doing it.

              You can either change it to the Hidden movement type that's at the end of the list of movement types instead of the one near the top, or (I recommend) setting the OW's Person ID # to 2c, which hides any sprite (in Fire Red) like it isn't there. The problem with the Hidden command is that the sprite is still there, and can be bumped into and interacted with - it just can't be seen. Setting the ID as 2C makes it as if the sprite isn't even on the map.
              __________________
                #6033    
              Old August 18th, 2011 (9:19 AM).
              McCree's Avatar
              McCree McCree is offline
              yes they change
              • Discord Moderoid
              • Platinum Tier
               
              Join Date: Dec 2006
              Location: canadiadanada
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Calm
              Posts: 5,526
              I've been at it for the past hour, trying to fix this script myself, but I have to humbly ask for the community's help on this one.

              First time scripting, what really confuses me is the simplicity of this script, I just don't understand why it won't work.

              Spoiler:
              Code:
              #dynamic 0x800200
              
              #org @start
              lock
              faceplayer
              msgbox @first 0x6
              release
              end
              
              #org @first
              = Finally, I can script!


              lol the irony. When I go to talk to the NPC to whom I've assigned the script, the game doesn't freeze or anything. I hear the talking click sound, but no text box comes up. I'm not locked toward the NPC, nor does he immediately face me after pressing A. In fact, he seems to only face me after pressing A twice. As far as I can tell, there's no problems with the script. I'm thinking its probably an offset issue or something of the like.
              __________________
                #6034    
              Old August 18th, 2011 (9:53 AM).
              hinkage's Avatar
              hinkage hinkage is offline
              Everyone currently in an argument with this member: I really suggest you stop.
              • Gold Tier
               
              Join Date: Aug 2010
              Age: 21
              Posts: 378
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Penatrait View Post
              I've been at it for the past hour, trying to fix this script myself, but I have to humbly ask for the community's help on this one.

              First time scripting, what really confuses me is the simplicity of this script, I just don't understand why it won't work.

              Spoiler:
              Code:
              #dynamic 0x800200
              
              #org @start
              lock
              faceplayer
              msgbox @first 0x6
              release
              end
              
              #org @first
              = Finally, I can script!


              lol the irony. When I go to talk to the NPC to whom I've assigned the script, the game doesn't freeze or anything. I hear the talking click sound, but no text box comes up. I'm not locked toward the NPC, nor does he immediately face me after pressing A. In fact, he seems to only face me after pressing A twice. As far as I can tell, there's no problems with the script. I'm thinking its probably an offset issue or something of the like.

              Try a different offset, that one is really low. It's most likely the cause of the problem. At least, it would be for me.

              Also, this problem happens with certain emulators, too, so it could be that.
              __________________
              (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
                #6035    
              Old August 18th, 2011 (10:06 AM).
              McCree's Avatar
              McCree McCree is offline
              yes they change
              • Discord Moderoid
              • Platinum Tier
               
              Join Date: Dec 2006
              Location: canadiadanada
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Calm
              Posts: 5,526
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by hinkage View Post
              Try a different offset, that one is really low. It's most likely the cause of the problem. At least, it would be for me.

              Also, this problem happens with certain emulators, too, so it could be that.
              I tried using the offset A006AE this time, same thing. The person behaves as if I'm talking to it, but no still no text box.

              Using VBA 1.7.2.
              __________________
                #6036    
              Old August 18th, 2011 (2:27 PM).
              GoldxLight GoldxLight is offline
                 
                Join Date: Apr 2009
                Posts: 50
                Still not working ):

                '---------------
                #org 0x201F60
                lockall
                checkflag 0x1232
                if 0x1
                goto 0x826D6CC
                releaseall
                end

                '---------------
                #org 0x26D6CC
                applymovement MOVE_PLAYER
                0x826D6E9
                special 0x113
                applymovement MOVE_CAMERA
                0x826D6EC
                waitmovement 0x0
                special 0x114
                setflag
                0x1232
                releaseall
                end

                '-----------
                ' Movements
                '-----------
                #org 0x26D6E9
                #raw 0x62
                'Exclamation Mark (!)
                #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements


                #org 0x26D6EC
                #raw 0x1F 'Step Left (Fast)
                #raw 0x1F 'Step Left
                (Fast)
                #raw 0x1D 'Step Down (Fast)
                #raw 0x18 'Delay1
                #raw 0x1E 'Step Up
                (Fast)
                #raw 0x20 'Step Right (Fast)
                #raw 0x20 'Step Right (Fast)
                #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements
                __________________
                  #6037    
                Old August 18th, 2011 (3:09 PM). Edited August 18th, 2011 by niven.
                niven's Avatar
                niven niven is offline
                Leader of Team LegendaryTrio
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2011
                  Location: Where I'm sittin'
                  Age: 18
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Brave
                  Posts: 109
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by GoldxLight View Post
                  Still not working ):

                  '---------------
                  #org 0x201F60
                  lockall
                  checkflag 0x1232
                  if 0x1
                  goto 0x826D6CC
                  releaseall
                  end

                  '---------------
                  #org 0x26D6CC
                  applymovement MOVE_PLAYER
                  0x826D6E9
                  special 0x113
                  applymovement MOVE_CAMERA
                  0x826D6EC
                  waitmovement 0x0
                  special 0x114
                  setflag
                  0x1232
                  releaseall
                  end

                  '-----------
                  ' Movements
                  '-----------
                  #org 0x26D6E9
                  #raw 0x62
                  'Exclamation Mark (!)
                  #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements


                  #org 0x26D6EC
                  #raw 0x1F 'Step Left (Fast)
                  #raw 0x1F 'Step Left
                  (Fast)
                  #raw 0x1D 'Step Down (Fast)
                  #raw 0x18 'Delay1
                  #raw 0x1E 'Step Up
                  (Fast)
                  #raw 0x20 'Step Right (Fast)
                  #raw 0x20 'Step Right (Fast)
                  #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements
                  is that 8 supposed to be there?

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by niven View Post
                  I'm trying to make a big script.I already wrote it but can't write it to my game, because every time i try i get an error. I use pokescript to compile and write scripts, it usually works, but this time i got run-time error '13' type mismatch.

                  My script is:
                  Spoiler:
                  #org $script
                  jingle
                  checkgender
                  compare 0x800D 0x0000
                  if 0x01 goto $boy
                  compare 0x800D 0x0001
                  if 0x01 goto $girl
                  release
                  end

                  #org $boy
                  clearflag 0x1505
                  clearflag 0x1506
                  clearflag 0x1507
                  showsprite 9
                  applymovement 9 $GHTHTG
                  $GHTHTG 1 ; #binary 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x12 0x10 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x62 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  applymovement 0xFF $move
                  $move 1 ; #binary 0x03 0x62 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  message $oak
                  $oak 1 = Hello \v\h01, Long time \nno see. \pAn old friend of mine named \nAsh Ketchum,who's very much \plike you,gave me his favorite \n pokemon because he's \pquitting being a trainer to \nbecome a pkmn researcher, \plike myself.
                  boxset 6
                  showsprite 8
                  applymovement 8 $garymove
                  $garymove 1 ; #binary 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x11 0x12 0x12 0x04 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  showsprite 7
                  applymovement 7 $brendonmove
                  $brendonmove 1 ; #binary 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  message $oak1
                  $oak1 1 = Ahhhhh, Brendon, \v\h06, \nyou're here. \p \v\h06: Why are we here? \pBrendon: Yeah, why are we \nhere? \pOAK: You're here because, \nI'm going to give one of you, \p a very special and STRONG \npokemon. \p \v\h01, you,gary or \nbrendon will get this pokemon. \pTo decide who get's it, \nyou'll have a small tourney. \pFirst, Gary and brendon will \nbattle and the winner will \pface you. \pYou're gonna be in the finals \n since \v\h06 and brendon \phave never defeated you in \nbattle. \pThe winner of the tourney \nwill recieve that pokemon \pand two mystery prizes that \ni haven't told you about yet.
                  boxset 6
                  applymovement 7 $bmove
                  $bmove 1 ; #binary 0x12 0x12 0x11 0x03 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  applymovement 8 $gmove
                  $gmove 1 ; #binary 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x02 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  applymovement 9 $omove
                  $omove 1 ; #binary 0x01 0xFE
                  applymovement 0xFF $omove
                  pausemove 0
                  message $battle
                  $battle 1 = \v\h06: Ready to lose \nbrendon? \pBrendon:Don't get to cocky. \pOAK:Let the battle ... \pBEGIN!
                  boxset 6
                  setflag 0x1505
                  setflag 0x1506
                  setflag 0x1507
                  setvar 0x6003 0x0001
                  goto $GBbattle90
                  release
                  end

                  #org $GBbattle90
                  applymovement 8 $gbattle234
                  $gbattle234 1 ; #binary 0x54 0x54 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  applymovement 7 $bbattle
                  $bbattle 1 ; #binary 0x55 0x55 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  applymovement 8 $gbattle1
                  $gbattle1 1 ; #binary 0x54 0x54 0x54 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  applymovement 7 $bbattle1
                  $bbattle1 1 ; #binary 0x55 0x55 0x55 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  applymovement 8 $gbattle2
                  $gbattle2 1 ; #binary 0x54 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  applymovement 7 $bbattle2
                  $bbattle2 1 ; #binary 0x55 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  message $bbb
                  $bbb 1 = Brendon: GO Rayquaza! \p \v\h06:Noooooooooooooo!
                  boxset 6
                  applymovement 8 $gbattle3
                  $gbattle3 1 ; #binary 0x51 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  goto $ready
                  release
                  end

                  #org $ready
                  applymovement 8 $defeat
                  $defeat 1 ; #binary 0x10 0x12 0x12 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  message $bsttle
                  $bsttle 1 = \v\h01: My turn. \pBrendon:I hope you're tougher \n than \v\h06. \p \v\h01:Don't worry. \pI am!
                  boxset 6
                  applymovement 0xFF $bsttle2
                  $bsttle2 1 ; #binary 0x11 0x13 0x13 0x13 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  goto $back
                  release
                  end

                  #org $back
                  trainerbattle 0x01 0x47 $see $win $further
                  $see 1 = Oak: \v\h01, Brendon, \nyou ready? \pO.K., then let this battle \p BEGIN!
                  $win 1 = Brendon: How is that possible? \p \v\h01, You beat my 6 \nlegendary pokemon! \pI knew you got better, but \nthat's just insane.
                  message $after
                  $after 1 = Oak: here you go.
                  boxset 6
                  release
                  end

                  #org $further
                  applymovement 9 $poke
                  $poke 1 ; #binary 0x11 0x13 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  message $after
                  boxset 6
                  givepokemon 25 88 0xCA
                  fanfare 0x13E
                  message $poke!
                  $poke! 1 = \v\h01 received a Pikachu \nfrom Prof. Oak!
                  boxset 4
                  waitfanfare
                  goto $bonus
                  release
                  end

                  #org $bonus
                  message $bonus1
                  $bonus1 1 = OAK:Now for your bonus gifts! \pTheir both pokemon.
                  boxset 6
                  givepokemon 232 85 0x00
                  fanfare 0x13E
                  message $poke!2
                  $poke!2 1 = \v\h01 received a Donphan \nfrom Prof. Oak!
                  boxset 4
                  waitfanfare
                  givepokemon 279 87 0x00
                  fanfare 0x13E
                  message $poke!3
                  $poke!3 1 = \v\h01 received a Sceptile \nfrom Prof. Oak!
                  boxset 4
                  waitfanfare
                  message $buhbye
                  $buhbye 1 = Brendon:I got to get back \nto Hoenn . \p \v\h06:I have to get back \nto the Indigo plateau. \p OAK:I need to continue my \nresearch at my lab in Pallet. \pOak, Brendon, and \v\h06: Cya!
                  boxset 6
                  goto $end
                  release
                  end

                  #org $end
                  fadescreen 1
                  removesprite 8
                  removesprite 9
                  removesprite 7
                  removesprite 10
                  pause 0x20
                  fadescreen 0
                  release
                  end

                  #org $girl
                  clearflag 0x1505
                  clearflag 0x1506
                  clearflag 0x1508
                  showsprite 9
                  applymovement 9 $oakmove8
                  $oakmove8 1 ; #binary 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x12 0x10 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x62 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  applymovement 0xFF $move8
                  $move8 1 ; #binary 0x03 0x62 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  message $oak8
                  $oak8 1 = Hello \v\h01, Long time \nno see. \pAn old friend of mine named \nMisty, gave me her favorite \ppokemon because she's \nquitting being a trainer to \pbecome a pkmn researcher, \nlike myself.
                  boxset 6
                  showsprite 8
                  applymovement 8 $garymove8
                  $garymove8 1 ; #binary 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x11 0x12 0x12 0x04 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  showsprite 10
                  applymovement 10 $maymove
                  $maymove 1 ; #binary 0x13 0x11 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  message $oak18
                  $oak18 1 = Ahhhhh, May, \v\h06, \nyou're here. \p \v\h06: Why are we here? \pMay: Yeah, why are we here? \pOAK: You're here because, \nI'm going to give one of you, \p a very special and STRONG \npokemon. \p \v\h01, you,gary or May \nwill get this pokemon. \pTo decide who get's it, you'll \nhave a small tourney. \pFirst, Gary and May will \nbattle and the winner will \pface \v\h01. \p\v\h01 is gonna be in the \nfinals since \v\h06 and May \phave never defeated \v\h01 in \nbattle. \pThe winner of the tourney \nwill recieve that pokemon \pand two mystery prizes that \ni haven't told you about yet.
                  boxset 6
                  applymovement 10 $mmove
                  $mmove 1 ; #binary 0x12 0x12 0x11 0x03 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  applymovement 8 $gmove8
                  $gmove8 1 ; #binary 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x02 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  applymovement 9 $omove8
                  $omove8 1 ; #binary 0x01 0xFE
                  applymovement 0xFF $omove8
                  pausemove 0
                  message $battle8
                  $battle8 1 = \v\h06: Ready to lose May? \pMay:Don't get to cocky. \pOAK:Let the battle ... \pBEGIN!
                  boxset 6
                  setflag 0x1505
                  setflag 0x1506
                  setflag 0x1508
                  setvar 0x6003 0x0001
                  goto $GMbattlehhh
                  release
                  end

                  #org $GMbattlehhh
                  applymovement 8 $gbattle8
                  $gbattle8 1 ; #binary 0x54 0x54 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  applymovement 10 $mbattle
                  $mbattle 1 ; #binary 0x55 0x55 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  applymovement 8 $gbattle18
                  $gbattle18 1 ; #binary 0x54 0x54 0x54 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  applymovement 10 $mbattle1
                  $mbattle1 1 ; #binary 0x55 0x55 0x55 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  applymovement 8 $gbattle28
                  $gbattle28 1 ; #binary 0x54 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  applymovement 10 $mbattle2
                  $mbattle2 1 ; #binary 0x55 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  message $bbb8
                  $bbb8 1 = May: GO Mewtwo! \p \v\h06:Noooooooooooooo!
                  boxset 6
                  applymovement 8 $gbattle38
                  $gbattle38 1 ; #binary 0x51 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  goto $ready
                  release
                  end

                  #org $ready
                  applymovement 8 $defeat8
                  $defeat8 1 ; #binary 0x10 0x12 0x12 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  message $bsttle8
                  $bsttle8 1 = \v\h01: My turn. \pBrendon:I hope you're \ntougher than \v\h06. \p \v\h01:Don't worry. \pI am!
                  boxset 6
                  applymovement 0xFF $bsttle28
                  $bsttle28 1 ; #binary 0x11 0x13 0x13 0x13 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  goto $back
                  release
                  end

                  #org $back
                  trainerbattle 0x01 0x48 $see8 $win8 $further8
                  $see8 1 = Oak: \v\h01, May, you ready? \pO.K., then let this battle \p BEGIN!
                  $win8 1 = How is that possible? \p \v\h01, You beat my 6 \nlegendary pokemon! \pI knew you were good, but \nthat's just insane!
                  message $after8
                  $after8 1 = Oak: here you go.
                  boxset 6
                  release
                  end

                  #org $further8
                  applymovement 9 $poke
                  $poke 1 ; #binary 0x11 0x13 0xFE
                  pausemove 0
                  message $after
                  boxset 6
                  givepokemon 121 88 0xCA
                  fanfare 0x13E
                  message $poke!6
                  $poke!6 1 = \v\h01 received a Starmie \nfrom Prof. Oak!
                  boxset 4
                  waitfanfare
                  goto $bonus8
                  release
                  end

                  #org $bonus8
                  message $bonus18
                  $bonus1 1 = OAK:Now for your bonus gifts! \pTheir both pokemon.
                  boxset 6
                  givepokemon 186 85 0x00
                  fanfare 0x13E
                  message $poke!28
                  $poke!28 1 = \v\h01 received a Politoed \nfrom Prof. Oak!
                  boxset 4
                  waitfanfare
                  givepokemon 130 87 0x00
                  fanfare 0x13E
                  message $poke!3
                  $poke!3 1 = \v\h01 received a Gyrados \nfrom Prof. Oak!
                  boxset 4
                  waitfanfare
                  message $buhbye8
                  $buhbye8 1 = May:I got to get back to \nHoenn. \p \v\h06:I have to get back \nto the Indigo plateau. \p OAK:I need to continue my \nresearch at my lab in Pallet. \pOak, May, and \v\h06: Cya!
                  boxset 6
                  goto $end
                  release
                  end
                  Can someone reply to this?
                  __________________
                  Leader of Team LegendaryTrio


                  ____________________________________________________________________

                  "We cannot do everything for
                  Africa, but doing nothing is not
                  an option" - Lee H. Hamilton
                    #6038    
                  Old August 18th, 2011 (3:15 PM).
                  Spherical Ice's Avatar
                  Spherical Ice Spherical Ice is offline
                  • Moderator
                  • Silver Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2007
                  Location: Bristol, UK
                  Age: 19
                  Posts: 5,179
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by GoldxLight View Post
                  Still not working ):

                  '---------------
                  #org @start
                  lockall
                  checkflag 0x1232
                  if 0x1 goto @snippet1
                  releaseall
                  end

                  #org @snippet1
                  applymovement MOVE_PLAYER @move1
                  special 0x113
                  applymovement MOVE_CAMERA @move2
                  waitmovement 0x0
                  special 0x114
                  setflag 0x1232
                  releaseall
                  end

                  '-----------
                  ' Movements
                  '-----------
                  #org @move1
                  #raw 0x62 'Exclamation Mark (!)
                  #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements


                  #org @move2
                  #raw 0x1F 'Step Left (Fast)
                  #raw 0x1F 'Step Left (Fast)
                  #raw 0x1D 'Step Down (Fast)
                  #raw 0x18 'Delay1
                  #raw 0x1E 'Step Up (Fast)
                  #raw 0x20 'Step Right (Fast)
                  #raw 0x20 'Step Right (Fast)
                  #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements
                  It seems there were some random new lines, and also if you were compiling it as you posted it wouldn't work as you specified the pointers in hex. :/ Try the code in the quote now.

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by niven View Post
                  is that 8 supposed to be there?
                  Yes, the 8 will be there because it is a hex pointer.
                  __________________

                  A Pokemon that is discriminated!
                  Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
                    #6039    
                  Old August 18th, 2011 (8:06 PM). Edited August 19th, 2011 by ZxC Mirai.
                  ZxC Mirai's Avatar
                  ZxC Mirai ZxC Mirai is offline
                  Huh?
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2011
                    Location: Pampanga Philippines
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Timid
                    Posts: 267
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Penatrait View Post
                    I've been at it for the past hour, trying to fix this script myself, but I have to humbly ask for the community's help on this one.

                    First time scripting, what really confuses me is the simplicity of this script, I just don't understand why it won't work.

                    Spoiler:
                    Code:
                    #dynamic 0x800200
                    
                    #org @start
                    lock
                    faceplayer
                    msgbox @first 0x6
                    release
                    end
                    
                    #org @first
                    = Finally, I can script!


                    lol the irony. When I go to talk to the NPC to whom I've assigned the script, the game doesn't freeze or anything. I hear the talking click sound, but no text box comes up. I'm not locked toward the NPC, nor does he immediately face me after pressing A. In fact, he seems to only face me after pressing A twice. As far as I can tell, there's no problems with the script. I'm thinking its probably an offset issue or something of the like.
                    i think your XSE is not Version 1.1.1
                    Check your XSE maybe your Vesion is 1.0.0 or 1.1.0 :D

                    Why is my Script isn't Working?????
                    when ever i walk To the Script tile???? Nothing Happens!
                    i have tested my Script in two Roms...nothing really happens..

                    when i first compile my Script it Works..

                    but the 4th and so on it doesn't Works

                    What is the Problem can someone tell me?
                    __________________
                    This signature has been disabled.
                    Too tall
                    Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                    You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                    Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                      #6040    
                    Old August 19th, 2011 (5:27 AM).
                    metapod23's Avatar
                    metapod23 metapod23 is offline
                    Hardened Trainer
                       
                      Join Date: Mar 2009
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Timid
                      Posts: 673
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Penatrait View Post
                      I've been at it for the past hour, trying to fix this script myself, but I have to humbly ask for the community's help on this one.

                      First time scripting, what really confuses me is the simplicity of this script, I just don't understand why it won't work.

                      Spoiler:
                      Code:
                      #dynamic 0x800200
                      
                      #org @start
                      lock
                      faceplayer
                      msgbox @first 0x6
                      release
                      end
                      
                      #org @first
                      = Finally, I can script!


                      lol the irony. When I go to talk to the NPC to whom I've assigned the script, the game doesn't freeze or anything. I hear the talking click sound, but no text box comes up. I'm not locked toward the NPC, nor does he immediately face me after pressing A. In fact, he seems to only face me after pressing A twice. As far as I can tell, there's no problems with the script. I'm thinking its probably an offset issue or something of the like.
                      From diegoisawesome's scripting tutorial:

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
                      0x6
                      Spoiler:
                      Description:
                      Normal textbox. Has no lock or faceplayer effect.

                      Script:

                      #dynamic 0x800000

                      #org @start
                      msgbox @Hello 0x6
                      end

                      #org @hello
                      = Hello, my name is dshayabusa.

                      In-game:
                      You are using msgbox 0x6 (msg_normal). The sprite will not face you, or lock the sprite in place, so it will still move around.

                      You want to use msg_face, or msgbox 0x2.
                      __________________
                        #6041    
                      Old August 19th, 2011 (11:39 AM).
                      McCree's Avatar
                      McCree McCree is offline
                      yes they change
                      • Discord Moderoid
                      • Platinum Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Dec 2006
                      Location: canadiadanada
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Calm
                      Posts: 5,526
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by UnForgiven* View Post
                      i think your XSE is not Version 1.1.1
                      Check your XSE maybe your Vesion is 1.0.0 or 1.1.0 :D
                      Genius! Thank you. I am forever indebted to you.
                      __________________
                        #6042    
                      Old August 20th, 2011 (12:34 PM).
                      Rayziken 2's Avatar
                      Rayziken 2 Rayziken 2 is offline
                      Beginning ROM Hacker
                         
                        Join Date: Jan 2011
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 235
                        Could someone PM me a little bit of advice please? I want to make an event like the Pokemon tirathlon like on the anime, but I simply don't know how to. It would occur from 12PM to 6PM in the Safari Zone.

                        In fact, I don't know how to script anyways because I don't have the correct programs to do so. So, could you include all programs that I'd need in order to make very advanced script events for my game in the PM please?

                        Thanks in advance.
                        __________________

                          #6043    
                        Old August 21st, 2011 (4:12 PM).
                        Trodx's Avatar
                        Trodx Trodx is offline
                        That Guy Behind You
                           
                          Join Date: Jul 2007
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Lax
                          Posts: 26
                          Game: Pokemon Leaf Green (U)
                          Editor: XSE 1.1
                          Script:
                          Spoiler:
                          '---------------
                          #org 0x71D980
                          lock
                          faceplayer
                          msgbox 0x871D98D MSG_KEEPOPEN '"It is too dangerous to be out.\nPl..."
                          release
                          end


                          '---------
                          ' Strings
                          '---------
                          #org 0x71D98D
                          = It is too dangerous to be out.\nPlease go back inside.





                          This has been driving me crazy for the longest time. I see no problems with the script itself, I double check advance map settings and all the offsets are correct but the sprite does absolutely nothing when I talk to it in game. Any Ideas as to whats wrong?
                          __________________

                          Working On:
                          Pokemon Legends: The Resistance
                            #6044    
                          Old August 21st, 2011 (4:15 PM).
                          Spherical Ice's Avatar
                          Spherical Ice Spherical Ice is offline
                          • Moderator
                          • Silver Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Nov 2007
                          Location: Bristol, UK
                          Age: 19
                          Posts: 5,179
                          While it may not be the reason it isn't working, try this:

                          Spoiler:
                          #dynamic 0x800000
                          #org @start
                          msgbox @string1 MSG_FACE '"It is too dangerous to be out.\nPl..."
                          release
                          end


                          '---------
                          ' Strings
                          '---------
                          #org @string1
                          = It is too dangerous to be out.\nPlease go back inside.


                          As a side note, if you're just starting your hack, working on FireRed would be better than LeafGreen imo as there will be more support and research done into it.
                          __________________

                          A Pokemon that is discriminated!
                          Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
                            #6045    
                          Old August 21st, 2011 (4:42 PM).
                          DrFuji's Avatar
                          DrFuji DrFuji is offline
                          Heiki Hecchara‌‌
                          • Crystal Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Sep 2009
                          Location: Downia-upside
                          Age: 24
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Jolly
                          Posts: 1,328
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Trodx View Post
                          Game: Pokemon Leaf Green (U)
                          Editor: XSE 1.1
                          Script:
                          Spoiler:
                          '---------------
                          #org 0x71D980
                          lock
                          faceplayer
                          msgbox 0x871D98D MSG_KEEPOPEN '"It is too dangerous to be out.\nPl..."
                          release
                          end


                          '---------
                          ' Strings
                          '---------
                          #org 0x71D98D
                          = It is too dangerous to be out.\nPlease go back inside.





                          This has been driving me crazy for the longest time. I see no problems with the script itself, I double check advance map settings and all the offsets are correct but the sprite does absolutely nothing when I talk to it in game. Any Ideas as to whats wrong?
                          At the moment you're using XSE 1.1, rather than the 1.1.1 version. Another person was having the same problem a few posts above and when they changed to the new version everything began working. Download the updated XSE and try it out :)
                          __________________
                            #6046    
                          Old August 22nd, 2011 (6:22 AM). Edited August 22nd, 2011 by Trodx.
                          Trodx's Avatar
                          Trodx Trodx is offline
                          That Guy Behind You
                             
                            Join Date: Jul 2007
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Lax
                            Posts: 26
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
                            While it may not be the reason it isn't working, try this:

                            Spoiler:
                            #dynamic 0x800000
                            #org @start
                            msgbox @string1 MSG_FACE '"It is too dangerous to be out.\nPl..."
                            release
                            end


                            '---------
                            ' Strings
                            '---------
                            #org @string1
                            = It is too dangerous to be out.\nPlease go back inside.


                            As a side note, if you're just starting your hack, working on FireRed would be better than LeafGreen imo as there will be more support and research done into it.
                            Thanks man, this fixed the problem!
                            I guess I was using the wrong message box.

                            I also updated to XSE 1.1.1 and switched to fire red, it seems to running smoothly!!

                            As soon as you take care of one problem another comes up -__-
                            Spoiler:
                            '---------------
                            #org 0x71DB38
                            checkflag 0x300
                            if 0x0 goto 0x871DB43
                            release
                            end

                            '---------------
                            #org 0x71DB43
                            applymovement 0x2 0x871DB60
                            msgbox 0x871DB63 MSG_FACE '"HALT!!!\pThe world is a dangerous\..."
                            applymovement 0x255 0x871DC1A
                            release
                            end


                            '---------
                            ' Strings
                            '---------
                            #org 0x71DB63
                            = HALT!!!\pThe world is a dangerous\nplace for kids.\lStay Back.


                            '-----------
                            ' Movements
                            '-----------
                            #org 0x71DB60
                            #raw 0x2 'Face Left
                            #raw 0x62 'Exclamation Mark (!)
                            #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

                            #org 0x71DC1A
                            #raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
                            #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements


                            For some reason, the script stops just ends after the message and doesn't move the player down, I thought I had to put waitmovement in, but that didn't solve it either.
                            __________________

                            Working On:
                            Pokemon Legends: The Resistance
                              #6047    
                            Old August 23rd, 2011 (12:35 AM).
                            Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                            Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                            Memento Mori
                            • Gold Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Jul 2008
                            Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                            Age: 24
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Calm
                            Posts: 14,475
                            Well you are missing 2 applymovements that's fact...
                            Though since you tried it I don't know what might be the problem...
                            I'd try to repoint to after 800000 offset with both applymovements.
                            __________________
                            ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                            Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                              #6048    
                            Old August 23rd, 2011 (3:21 AM).
                            ZxC Mirai's Avatar
                            ZxC Mirai ZxC Mirai is offline
                            Huh?
                               
                              Join Date: Jun 2011
                              Location: Pampanga Philippines
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Timid
                              Posts: 267
                              COULD SOMEONE HELP ME???

                              when i put a Script to a Person it works

                              but my Main sCript Won't Works it just do the Evil Lurks Sound and nothing
                              happens....

                              But the first that i didn't put a Script to that Person it
                              Works What is the ProbleM?Could someone Tellme?
                              __________________
                              This signature has been disabled.
                              Too tall
                              Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                              You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                              Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                                #6049    
                              Old August 23rd, 2011 (3:34 AM).
                              DrFuji's Avatar
                              DrFuji DrFuji is offline
                              Heiki Hecchara‌‌
                              • Crystal Tier
                               
                              Join Date: Sep 2009
                              Location: Downia-upside
                              Age: 24
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Jolly
                              Posts: 1,328
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by UnForgiven* View Post
                              COULD SOMEONE HELP ME???

                              when i put a Script to a Person it works

                              but my Main sCript Won't Works it just do the Evil Lurks Sound and nothing
                              happens....

                              But the first that i didn't put a Script to that Person it
                              Works What is the ProbleM?Could someone Tellme?
                              ...What are you saying?

                              Please try to write more coherently because right now you're not making any sense - Take your time and explain what is happening. Could you also copy and paste your script so people can see if there are any bugs in it that are causing it to malfunction?
                              __________________
                                #6050    
                              Old August 23rd, 2011 (4:46 AM).
                              metapod23's Avatar
                              metapod23 metapod23 is offline
                              Hardened Trainer
                                 
                                Join Date: Mar 2009
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Timid
                                Posts: 673
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Trodx View Post
                                As soon as you take care of one problem another comes up -__-
                                Spoiler:
                                '---------------
                                #org 0x71DB38
                                checkflag 0x300
                                if 0x0 goto 0x871DB43
                                release
                                end

                                '---------------
                                #org 0x71DB43
                                applymovement 0x2 0x871DB60
                                waitmovement 0x0
                                msgbox 0x871DB63 MSG_FACE '"HALT!!!\pThe world is a dangerous\..."
                                applymovement 0xff 0x871DC1A
                                waitmovement 0x0
                                release
                                end


                                '---------
                                ' Strings
                                '---------
                                #org 0x71DB63
                                = HALT!!!\pThe world is a dangerous\nplace for kids.\lStay Back.


                                '-----------
                                ' Movements
                                '-----------
                                #org 0x71DB60
                                #raw 0x2 'Face Left
                                #raw 0x62 'Exclamation Mark (!)
                                #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

                                #org 0x71DC1A
                                #raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
                                #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements


                                For some reason, the script stops just ends after the message and doesn't move the player down, I thought I had to put waitmovement in, but that didn't solve it either.
                                Changes in bold. 0xff is the player's #.

                                Also, if it's a script you're stepping on, you should just change the variable # to something other than 0 rather than use flag 300 (or any flag). If the var # for the script is 4050, in the script where you set flag 300, put setvar 0x4050 0x1 instead. Then you can just put the script @ 0x71DB43 as the offset for the script and erase the script at 0x71DB38.
                                __________________
                                Closed Thread
                                Quick Reply

                                Sponsored Links
                                Thread Tools

                                Posting Rules
                                You may not post new threads
                                You may not post replies
                                You may not post attachments
                                You may not edit your posts

                                BB code is On
                                Smilies are On
                                [IMG] code is On
                                HTML code is Off

                                Forum Jump


                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:08 AM.