ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #6051    
Old August 23rd, 2011 (7:59 AM). Edited August 23rd, 2011 by Trodx.
Trodx's Avatar
Trodx Trodx is offline
That Guy Behind You
     
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Lax
    Posts: 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by metapod23 View Post
    Changes in bold. 0xff is the player's #.

    Also, if it's a script you're stepping on, you should just change the variable # to something other than 0 rather than use flag 300 (or any flag). If the var # for the script is 4050, in the script where you set flag 300, put setvar 0x4050 0x1 instead. Then you can just put the script @ 0x71DB43 as the offset for the script and erase the script at 0x71DB38.

    Thank you, that solved the problem and I also found that when i deleted the release line at 0x71DB38 the script worked..I don't know why that is.

    By the way, does anyone know what Error 13 (#define mismatch) in XSE is about, my script looks normal as usual but for some reason xse doesn't want to compile the msgbox part of this script

    Spoiler:
    #dynamic 0x71D8B6
    #org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox 0x4 @talk (line in question)
    setflag 0x299
    release
    end

    #org @talk
    = Hi\pmy name is marcus.

    __________________

    Working On:
    Pokemon Legends: The Resistance

    Relevant Advertising!

      #6052    
    Old August 23rd, 2011 (10:22 AM).
    Quickster's Avatar
    Quickster Quickster is offline
    Dream or Drop?
       
      Join Date: Oct 2007
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Quiet
      Posts: 351
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Trodx View Post
      Thank you, that solved the problem and I also found that when i deleted the release line at 0x71DB38 the script worked..I don't know why that is.

      By the way, does anyone know what Error 13 (#define mismatch) in XSE is about, my script looks normal as usual but for some reason xse doesn't want to compile the msgbox part of this script

      Spoiler:
      #dynamic 0x71D8B6
      #org @start
      lock
      faceplayer
      msgbox 0x4 @talk (line in question)
      setflag 0x299
      release
      end

      #org @talk
      = Hi\pmy name is marcus.

      Thats just a simple mistake, it should be msgbox @talk 0x4. You just mixed them up. :p
      __________________
      I laugh looking at this.

      But sometimes I want to come back to it...

        #6053    
      Old August 23rd, 2011 (10:26 AM).
      PastaPen PastaPen is offline
         
        Join Date: Oct 2008
        Posts: 48
        Hi, I need this script to start as soon as the player spawns, as the script is on the tile where the player spawns, but it won't work unless you move off the tile, then move back on it.

        Here's the script.
        Spoiler:
        #dynamic 0x0026D51C
        #org @start
        lock
        checkflag 0x8C3
        if 0x1 goto @done
        msgbox @1 0x6
        setflag 0x8C3
        release
        end

        #org @1
        = \v\h01! You've got to wake up!\nThere's been an accident!\pCome downstairs!

        #org @done
        release
        end
        __________________
          #6054    
        Old August 23rd, 2011 (12:47 PM). Edited August 23rd, 2011 by RetroRoller.
        RetroRoller's Avatar
        RetroRoller RetroRoller is offline
        Trailer Trash
           
          Join Date: Jun 2011
          Location: England
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Modest
          Posts: 111
          How can I change the colour of text in the message Mid-Text in PKSV?
          I'm using FireRed ROM.

          The script also doesn't work when I step on it, the game just freezes.

          Code:
          Spoiler:

          #dyn 0x740000
          #org @start
          lock
          checkflag 0x083C
          if 0x1 goto @complete
          message @line
          setflag 0x083C
          release
          end

          #org @line
          = Oh, hi \v\h01.\nCome take your seat.

          #org @complete
          release
          end
            #6055    
          Old August 23rd, 2011 (7:58 PM).
          Trodx's Avatar
          Trodx Trodx is offline
          That Guy Behind You
             
            Join Date: Jul 2007
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Lax
            Posts: 26
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Quickster View Post
            Thats just a simple mistake, it should be msgbox @talk 0x4. You just mixed them up. :p
            Damn it, such a trivial mistake -___-

            thanks a lot man!
            __________________

            Working On:
            Pokemon Legends: The Resistance
              #6056    
            Old August 23rd, 2011 (11:24 PM).
            Truality Truality is offline
            Left for good
               
              Join Date: Aug 2011
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 1,007
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Firaaz View Post
              Hi, I need this script to start as soon as the player spawns, as the script is on the tile where the player spawns, but it won't work unless you move off the tile, then move back on it.

              Here's the script.
              Spoiler:
              #dynamic 0x0026D51C
              #org @start
              lock
              checkflag 0x8C3
              if 0x1 goto @done
              msgbox @1 0x6
              setflag 0x8C3
              release
              end

              #org @1
              = \v\h01! You've got to wake up!\nThere's been an accident!\pCome downstairs!

              #org @done
              release
              end
              Putting it on the tile where the Player spawns won't do it. You either need to make it a level script, or use it on a tile where the Player is forced to walk on. (the tile before the warp on the stairs is a good example)

              By the way, setting flags isn't the recommended way of deactivating tile scripts. Use variables instead:
              • The script tile on A-Map has a value on the right: Variable number. Put a variable of your preference there and keep the value at 0.
              • Somewhere along the script that you are about to compile, put a setvar 0x(yourvariablehere) 0x1
              • After you play the script once, it won't activate again unless you set this variable again to 0.
              __________________
              This is my December . . .
                #6057    
              Old August 24th, 2011 (5:18 AM). Edited August 24th, 2011 by PastaPen.
              PastaPen PastaPen is offline
                 
                Join Date: Oct 2008
                Posts: 48
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Truality View Post
                Putting it on the tile where the Player spawns won't do it. You either need to make it a level script, or use it on a tile where the Player is forced to walk on. (the tile before the warp on the stairs is a good example)

                By the way, setting flags isn't the recommended way of deactivating tile scripts. Use variables instead:
                • The script tile on A-Map has a value on the right: Variable number. Put a variable of your preference there and keep the value at 0.
                • Somewhere along the script that you are about to compile, put a setvar 0x(yourvariablehere) 0x1
                • After you play the script once, it won't activate again unless you set this variable again to 0.
                Ah, thank you for such a lengthy, helpful answer. As I think level scripts are a bit out of my depth, I shall probably put it on the tile before the stairs. Thank you for the help.

                Uh, problem. My script refuses to work if I put a setvar in there, and will only work if I change the value AND number to 0001. Any idea why?
                __________________
                  #6058    
                Old August 24th, 2011 (7:31 AM).
                Trodx's Avatar
                Trodx Trodx is offline
                That Guy Behind You
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2007
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Lax
                  Posts: 26
                  Problem: I rewrote a previously compiled script by me and pressed compile. But when I close and reopen the script it reverts back to normal. Any Ideas? I always decompile it before rewriting.

                  XSE 1.1.1
                  __________________

                  Working On:
                  Pokemon Legends: The Resistance
                    #6059    
                  Old August 24th, 2011 (3:11 PM).
                  Timmydoop's Avatar
                  Timmydoop Timmydoop is offline
                  Expert Trainer
                     
                    Join Date: May 2009
                    Location: Ohio
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Docile
                    Posts: 8
                    Since this is not a Pokescript.. I'll just ask anyways how do you make a script like.

                    I have two items pick which hand you want your Item from
                    then it comes up like yes and no does but it says left hand and right hand
                    If you pick one you get one of the items and if you pick the other one you get the other item
                    __________________
                    http://www.pokecommunity.com/signaturepics/sigpic146440_5.gif
                      #6060    
                    Old August 25th, 2011 (12:17 AM).
                    Truality Truality is offline
                    Left for good
                       
                      Join Date: Aug 2011
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 1,007
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Firaaz View Post
                      Uh, problem. My script refuses to work if I put a setvar in there, and will only work if I change the value AND number to 0001. Any idea why?
                      Oops, my bad. Forgot to tell you that you need to set 'Unknown' to 0003, in the value above 'Var number'. No, don't change the 'Var value' to 1.
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Trodx View Post
                      Problem: I rewrote a previously compiled script by me and pressed compile. But when I close and reopen the script it reverts back to normal. Any Ideas? I always decompile it before rewriting.

                      XSE 1.1.1
                      If you're trying to overwrite (not rewrite) pointers in a compiled script then it won't work, iirc.
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Timmydoop View Post
                      Since this is not a Pokescript.. I'll just ask anyways how do you make a script like.

                      I have two items pick which hand you want your Item from
                      then it comes up like yes and no does but it says left hand and right hand
                      If you pick one you get one of the items and if you pick the other one you get the other item
                      Well, what you need to change here is the Multibox. There is a multichoice for FRLG and Emerald that has 'Left/right' in it and it's multichoice 0x1D. In RS it's multichoice 0x36.
                      __________________
                      This is my December . . .
                        #6061    
                      Old August 25th, 2011 (4:07 AM). Edited August 25th, 2011 by PastaPen.
                      PastaPen PastaPen is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Oct 2008
                        Posts: 48
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Truality View Post
                        Oops, my bad. Forgot to tell you that you need to set 'Unknown' to 0003, in the value above 'Var number'. No, don't change the 'Var value' to 1.
                        Ah, I appreciate the help, but it's still not working... Here's my script and image of my settings. Apologies for it being compiled, I couldn't find the decompiled version.
                        Spoiler:
                        '---------------
                        #org 0x2DD100
                        lock
                        msgbox 0x82DD123 MSG_NORMAL '"[player]!\nYou're finally awake!\p..."
                        applymovement 0x1 0x82DD166
                        msgbox 0x82DD16B MSG_NORMAL '"Here!\n Take these running shoes!"
                        setflag 0x82F
                        setvar 0x82 0x1
                        release
                        end


                        '---------
                        ' Strings
                        '---------
                        #org 0x2DD123
                        = [player]!\nYou're finally awake!\pThere's been a bit of an\naccident.

                        #org 0x2DD16B
                        = Here!\n Take these running shoes!


                        '-----------
                        ' Movements
                        '-----------
                        #org 0x2DD166
                        #raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
                        #raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
                        #raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
                        #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements


                        Spoiler:


                        I've also tried changing the 0x82 to 0x0082 in the script. Nothing changed.

                        Edit : Never mind, I got it. The variable was too small, so I changed it to 8009 and now it works. Thanks for the help. :D
                        __________________
                          #6062    
                        Old August 25th, 2011 (4:22 AM).
                        Truality Truality is offline
                        Left for good
                           
                          Join Date: Aug 2011
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 1,007
                          ^ Well yeah, don't use variables below 5000. It's unsafe, as far as I recall.
                          __________________
                          This is my December . . .
                            #6063    
                          Old August 25th, 2011 (5:07 AM).
                          PastaPen PastaPen is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Oct 2008
                            Posts: 48
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Truality View Post
                            ^ Well yeah, don't use variables below 5000. It's unsafe, as far as I recall.
                            I see. One last question, is there a specific way to see how many bytes a script will take up?
                            __________________
                              #6064    
                            Old August 25th, 2011 (5:18 AM).
                            Truality Truality is offline
                            Left for good
                               
                              Join Date: Aug 2011
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 1,007
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Firaaz View Post
                              I see. One last question, is there a specific way to see how many bytes a script will take up?
                              There's no quick way to find out, I think you have to calculate. XSE has a command index (press F1 to browse it) which explains how many bytes each command takes up. Oh, and here's a nice tutorial on bits/bytes and the lot.
                              __________________
                              This is my December . . .
                                #6065    
                              Old August 25th, 2011 (5:41 AM).
                              PastaPen PastaPen is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Oct 2008
                                Posts: 48
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Truality View Post
                                There's no quick way to find out, I think you have to calculate. XSE has a command index (press F1 to browse it) which explains how many bytes each command takes up. Oh, and here's a nice tutorial on bits/bytes and the lot.
                                Ah, thanks a lot then, all the help's appreciated.
                                __________________
                                  #6066    
                                Old August 25th, 2011 (1:21 PM).
                                Trodx's Avatar
                                Trodx Trodx is offline
                                That Guy Behind You
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jul 2007
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Lax
                                  Posts: 26
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Truality View Post
                                  If you're trying to overwrite (not rewrite) pointers in a compiled script then it won't work, iirc.

                                  So there is nothing I can do to recover the lost space?
                                  __________________

                                  Working On:
                                  Pokemon Legends: The Resistance
                                    #6067    
                                  Old August 25th, 2011 (2:20 PM).
                                  Sainttimmy Sainttimmy is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Aug 2011
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Posts: 1
                                    hey guys im editing the text and other stuff using xse with advanced map. i have a problem though in the part where oak gives you the pokedex and stuff theres an error even on the original script and idk why its on line 166 and 714 is says error 13 type mismatch on line 166 missing #define or parameter line: giveitem2 0x4 0x5 0x101 heres the script
                                    msgbox 0x818E612 '"OAK: You can't get detailed data\no..."
                                    callstd 0x4
                                    additem 0x4 0x5
                                    msgbox 0x818E6B3 '"[player] received five POKé BALLS."
                                    giveitem2 0x4 0x5 0x101
                                    msgbox 0x818E6D0 '"When a wild POKéMON appears,\nit's ..."
                                    callstd 0x4
                                    setvar 0x8004 0x0
                                    setvar 0x8005 0x1
                                    special 0x173
                                    plz help im new to this stuff and it shouldnt happen because its the original script
                                      #6068    
                                    Old August 25th, 2011 (3:05 PM).
                                    Missingyep Missingyep is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jul 2010
                                      Posts: 275
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Truality View Post
                                      ^ Well yeah, don't use variables below 5000. It's unsafe, as far as I recall.
                                      Variables over 5000 are unsafe because they overwrite other portions of savedata. And variables under 4000 share RAM with flags.
                                        #6069    
                                      Old August 25th, 2011 (5:50 PM).
                                      metapod23's Avatar
                                      metapod23 metapod23 is offline
                                      Hardened Trainer
                                         
                                        Join Date: Mar 2009
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Timid
                                        Posts: 673
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Trodx View Post
                                        So there is nothing I can do to recover the lost space?
                                        #remove will erase any script at the offset you place and turn it back into free space. Just write:

                                        Code:
                                        #remove 0x(offset of script)
                                        save and compile.

                                        Then just use #dynamic again when rewriting to make sure you find a location with enough free space for the rewritten script.
                                        __________________
                                          #6070    
                                        Old August 25th, 2011 (6:20 PM).
                                        niven's Avatar
                                        niven niven is offline
                                        Leader of Team LegendaryTrio
                                           
                                          Join Date: Jul 2011
                                          Location: Where I'm sittin'
                                          Age: 19
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Brave
                                          Posts: 109
                                          I tested a script, and it's messed up. My game freezes everytime i step on the position of the script box.

                                          here it is:
                                          Spoiler:
                                          #org $script
                                          jingle
                                          checkgender
                                          compare 0x800D 0x0000
                                          if 0x01 goto $boy
                                          compare 0x800D 0x0001
                                          if 0x01 goto $girl
                                          release
                                          end

                                          #org $boy
                                          clearflag 0x1505
                                          clearflag 0x1506
                                          clearflag 0x1507
                                          showsprite 9
                                          applymovement 9 $oakmove
                                          $oakmove 1 ; #binary 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x12 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          applymovement 9 $oakmove12
                                          $oakmove12 1 ; #binary 0x10 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x62 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          applymovement 0xFF $move
                                          $move 1 ; #binary 0x03 0x62 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          message $oak
                                          $oak 1 = Hello \v\h01, Long time \nno see. \pAn old friend of mine named \nAsh Ketchum,who's very much \plike you,gave me his favorite \n pokemon because he's \pquitting being a trainer to \nbecome a pkmn researcher, \plike myself.
                                          boxset 6
                                          showsprite 8
                                          applymovement 8 $garymove
                                          $garymove 1 ; #binary 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x11 0x12 0x12 0x04 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          showsprite 7
                                          applymovement 7 $brendonmove
                                          $brendonmove 1 ; #binary 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          message $oak1
                                          $oak1 1 = Ahhhhh, Brendon, \v\h06, \nyou're here. \p \v\h06: Why are we here? \pBrendon: Yeah, why are we \nhere? \pOAK: You're here because, \nI'm going to give one of you, \p a very special and STRONG \npokemon. \p \v\h01, you,gary or \nbrendon will get this pokemon. \pTo decide who get's it, \nyou'll have a small tourney. \pFirst, Gary and brendon will \nbattle and the winner will \pface you. \pYou're gonna be in the finals \n since \v\h06 and brendon \phave never defeated you in \nbattle. \pThe winner of the tourney \nwill recieve that pokemon \pand two mystery prizes that \ni haven't told you about yet.
                                          boxset 6
                                          applymovement 7 $bmove
                                          $bmove 1 ; #binary 0x12 0x12 0x11 0x03 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          applymovement 8 $gmove
                                          $gmove 1 ; #binary 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x02 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          applymovement 9 $omove
                                          $omove 1 ; #binary 0x01 0xFE
                                          applymovement 0xFF $omove
                                          pausemove 0
                                          message $battle
                                          $battle 1 = \v\h06: Ready to lose \nbrendon? \pBrendon:Don't get to cocky. \pOAK:Let the battle ... \pBEGIN!
                                          boxset 6
                                          setflag 0x1505
                                          setflag 0x1506
                                          setflag 0x1507
                                          setvar 0x6003 0x0001
                                          goto $GBbattle90
                                          release
                                          end

                                          #org $GBbattle90
                                          applymovement 8 $gbattle234
                                          $gbattle234 1 ; #binary 0x54 0x54 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          applymovement 7 $bbattle
                                          $bbattle 1 ; #binary 0x55 0x55 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0sa
                                          applymovement 8 $gbattle1
                                          $gbattle1 1 ; #binary 0x54 0x54 0x54 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          applymovement 7 $bbattle1
                                          $bbattle1 1 ; #binary 0x55 0x55 0x55 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          applymovement 8 $gbattle2
                                          $gbattle2 1 ; #binary 0x54 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          applymovement 7 $bbattle2
                                          $bbattle2 1 ; #binary 0x55 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          message $bbb
                                          $bbb 1 = Brendon: GO Rayquaza! \p \v\h06:Noooooooooooooo!
                                          boxset 6
                                          applymovement 8 $gbattle3
                                          $gbattle3 1 ; #binary 0x51 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          goto $ready1
                                          release
                                          end

                                          #org $ready1
                                          applymovement 8 $defeat
                                          $defeat 1 ; #binary 0x10 0x12 0x12 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          applymovement 0xFF $turnurnurn
                                          $turnurnurn 1 ; 0x03 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          message $bsttle
                                          $bsttle 1 = \v\h01: My turn. \pBrendon:I hope you're tougher \n than \v\h06. \p \v\h01:Don't worry. \pI am!
                                          boxset 6
                                          applymovement 0xFF $bsttle2
                                          $bsttle2 1 ; #binary 0x11 0x13 0x13 0x13 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          goto $back
                                          release
                                          end

                                          #org $back
                                          trainerbattle 0x01 0x47 $see $win $further
                                          $see 1 = Oak: \v\h01, Brendon, \nyou ready? \pO.K., then let this battle \p BEGIN!
                                          $win 1 = Brendon: How is that possible? \p \v\h01, You beat my 6 \nlegendary pokemon! \pI knew you got better, but \nthat's just insane.
                                          message $after
                                          $after 1 = Oak: here you go.
                                          boxset 6
                                          release
                                          end

                                          #org $further
                                          applymovement 9 $poke
                                          $poke 1 ; #binary 0x11 0x13 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          message $after
                                          boxset 6
                                          givepokemon 25 88 0xCA
                                          fanfare 0x13E
                                          message $poke!
                                          $poke! 1 = \v\h01 received a Pikachu \nfrom Prof. Oak!
                                          boxset 4
                                          waitfanfare
                                          goto $bonus
                                          release
                                          end

                                          #org $bonus
                                          message $bonus1
                                          $bonus1 1 = OAK:Now for your bonus gifts! \pTheir both pokemon.
                                          boxset 6
                                          givepokemon 232 85 0x00
                                          fanfare 0x13E
                                          message $poke!2
                                          $poke!2 1 = \v\h01 received a Donphan \nfrom Prof. Oak!
                                          boxset 4
                                          waitfanfare
                                          givepokemon 279 87 0x00
                                          fanfare 0x13E
                                          message $poke!3
                                          $poke!3 1 = \v\h01 received a Sceptile \nfrom Prof. Oak!
                                          boxset 4
                                          waitfanfare
                                          message $buhbye
                                          $buhbye 1 = Brendon:I got to get back \nto Hoenn . \p \v\h06:I have to get back \nto the Indigo plateau. \p OAK:I need to continue my \nresearch at my lab in Pallet. \pOak, Brendon, and \v\h06: Cya!
                                          boxset 6
                                          goto $end
                                          release
                                          end

                                          #org $end
                                          fadescreen 1
                                          removesprite 8
                                          removesprite 9
                                          removesprite 7
                                          removesprite 10
                                          pause 0x20
                                          fadescreen 0
                                          release
                                          end

                                          #org $girl
                                          clearflag 0x1505
                                          clearflag 0x1506
                                          clearflag 0x1508
                                          showsprite 9
                                          applymovement 9 $oakmove8
                                          applymovement 9 $oakmove88
                                          $oakmove8 1 ; #binary 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x12 0x10 0x12 0xFE
                                          $oakmove88 1 ; #binary 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x62 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          applymovement 0xFF $move8
                                          $move8 1 ; #binary 0x03 0x62 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          message $oak8
                                          $oak8 1 = Hello \v\h01, Long time \nno see. \pAn old friend of mine named \nMisty, gave me her favorite \ppokemon because she's \nquitting being a trainer to \pbecome a pkmn researcher, \nlike myself.
                                          boxset 6
                                          showsprite 8
                                          applymovement 8 $garymove8
                                          $garymove8 1 ; #binary 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x11 0x12 0x12 0x04 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          showsprite 10
                                          applymovement 10 $maymove
                                          $maymove 1 ; #binary 0x13 0x11 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          message $oak18
                                          $oak18 1 = Ahhhhh, May, \v\h06, \nyou're here. \p \v\h06: Why are we here? \pMay: Yeah, why are we here? \pOAK: You're here because, \nI'm going to give one of you, \p a very special and STRONG \npokemon. \p \v\h01, you,gary or May \nwill get this pokemon. \pTo decide who get's it, you'll \nhave a small tourney. \pFirst, Gary and May will \nbattle and the winner will \pface \v\h01. \p\v\h01 is gonna be in the \nfinals since \v\h06 and May \phave never defeated \v\h01 in \nbattle. \pThe winner of the tourney \nwill recieve that pokemon \pand two mystery prizes that \ni haven't told you about yet.
                                          boxset 6
                                          applymovement 10 $mmove
                                          $mmove 1 ; #binary 0x12 0x12 0x11 0x03 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          applymovement 8 $gmove8
                                          $gmove8 1 ; #binary 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x02 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          applymovement 9 $omove8
                                          $omove8 1 ; #binary 0x01 0xFE
                                          applymovement 0xFF $omove8
                                          pausemove 0
                                          message $battle8
                                          $battle8 1 = \v\h06: Ready to lose May? \pMay:Don't get to cocky. \pOAK:Let the battle ... \pBEGIN!
                                          boxset 6
                                          setflag 0x1505
                                          setflag 0x1506
                                          setflag 0x1508
                                          setvar 0x6003 0x0001
                                          goto $GMbattlehhh
                                          release
                                          end

                                          #org $GMbattlehhh
                                          applymovement 8 $gbattle8
                                          $gbattle8 1 ; #binary 0x54 0x54 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          applymovement 10 $mbattle
                                          $mbattle 1 ; #binary 0x55 0x55 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          applymovement 8 $gbattle18
                                          $gbattle18 1 ; #binary 0x54 0x54 0x54 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          applymovement 10 $mbattle1
                                          $mbattle1 1 ; #binary 0x55 0x55 0x55 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          applymovement 8 $gbattle28
                                          $gbattle28 1 ; #binary 0x54 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          applymovement 10 $mbattle2
                                          $mbattle2 1 ; #binary 0x55 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          message $bbb8
                                          $bbb8 1 = May: GO Mewtwo! \p \v\h06:Noooooooooooooo!
                                          boxset 6
                                          applymovement 8 $gbattle38
                                          $gbattle38 1 ; #binary 0x51 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          goto $ready
                                          release
                                          end

                                          #org $ready
                                          applymovement 8 $defeat62
                                          $defeat62 1 ; #binary 0x10 0x12 0x12 0x62 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          message $bsttle8
                                          $bsttle8 1 = \v\h01: My turn. \pBrendon:I hope you're \ntougher than \v\h06. \p \v\h01:Don't worry. \pI am!
                                          boxset 6
                                          applymovement 0xFF $bsttle28
                                          $bsttle28 1 ; #binary 0x11 0x13 0x13 0x13 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          goto $back1
                                          release
                                          end

                                          #org $back1
                                          trainerbattle 0x01 0x48 $see8 $win8 $further8
                                          $see8 1 = Oak: \v\h01, May, you ready? \pO.K., then let this battle \p BEGIN!
                                          $win8 1 = How is that possible? \p \v\h01, You beat my 6 \nlegendary pokemon! \pI knew you were good, but \nthat's just insane!
                                          message $after8
                                          $after8 1 = Oak: here you go.
                                          boxset 6
                                          release
                                          end

                                          #org $further8
                                          applymovement 9 $poke11
                                          $poke11 1 ; #binary 0x11 0x13 0xFE
                                          pausemove 0
                                          message $after
                                          boxset 6
                                          givepokemon 121 88 0xCA
                                          fanfare 0x13E
                                          message $poke!6
                                          $poke!6 1 = \v\h01 received a Starmie \nfrom Prof. Oak!
                                          boxset 4
                                          waitfanfare
                                          goto $bonus8
                                          release
                                          end

                                          #org $bonus8
                                          message $bonus18
                                          $bonus18 1 = OAK:Now for your bonus gifts! \pTheir both pokemon.
                                          boxset 6
                                          givepokemon 186 85 0x00
                                          fanfare 0x13E
                                          message $poke!28
                                          $poke!28 1 = \v\h01 received a Politoed \nfrom Prof. Oak!
                                          boxset 4
                                          waitfanfare
                                          givepokemon 130 87 0x00
                                          fanfare 0x13E
                                          message $poke!31
                                          $poke!31 1 = \v\h01 received a Gyrados \nfrom Prof. Oak!
                                          boxset 4
                                          waitfanfare
                                          message $buhbye8
                                          $buhbye8 1 = May:I got to get back to \nHoenn. \p \v\h06:I have to get back \nto the Indigo plateau. \p OAK:I need to continue my \nresearch at my lab in Pallet. \pOak, May, and \v\h06: Cya!
                                          boxset 6
                                          goto $end
                                          release
                                          end



                                          I use POKESCRIPT NOT XSE
                                          __________________
                                          Leader of Team LegendaryTrio


                                          ____________________________________________________________________

                                          "We cannot do everything for
                                          Africa, but doing nothing is not
                                          an option" - Lee H. Hamilton
                                            #6071    
                                          Old August 25th, 2011 (7:49 PM).
                                          shinyabsol1's Avatar
                                          shinyabsol1 shinyabsol1 is offline
                                          Pokemon DarkJasper!?
                                             
                                            Join Date: Aug 2010
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Calm
                                            Posts: 330
                                            Is there a way I can warp like the warphole command, but without the I've-just-fallen-in-a-hole affect? Basically, I want to be able to warp (with the effect of a regular warp) so that I don't have to specify the x,y coordinates of where I want to go, and I warp to the same x,y position (of where I was standing when I warped) on another map.

                                            Any help appreciated.
                                              #6072    
                                            Old August 25th, 2011 (8:53 PM).
                                            Trodx's Avatar
                                            Trodx Trodx is offline
                                            That Guy Behind You
                                               
                                              Join Date: Jul 2007
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Lax
                                              Posts: 26
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by metapod23 View Post
                                              #remove will erase any script at the offset you place and turn it back into free space. Just write:

                                              Code:
                                              #remove 0x(offset of script)
                                              save and compile.

                                              Then just use #dynamic again when rewriting to make sure you find a location with enough free space for the rewritten script.
                                              you are a god, thanks again
                                              __________________

                                              Working On:
                                              Pokemon Legends: The Resistance
                                                #6073    
                                              Old August 25th, 2011 (10:35 PM).
                                              Missingyep Missingyep is offline
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Jul 2010
                                                Posts: 275
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by shinyabsol1 View Post
                                                Is there a way I can warp like the warphole command, but without the I've-just-fallen-in-a-hole affect? Basically, I want to be able to warp (with the effect of a regular warp) so that I don't have to specify the x,y coordinates of where I want to go, and I warp to the same x,y position (of where I was standing when I warped) on another map.

                                                Any help appreciated.
                                                In other words, warp from (X,Y) on Map A to (X,Y) on Map B?

                                                Hm... To the best of my knowledge, the "warp" command doesn't take variables. So what you'd need to do is store the X and Y into variables using getplayerpos, and then use a dynamically-compiled script containing a warp command so that you can "inject" those variables' values into the command. It's a complicated technique (but easy to use, once you wrap your head around it) that one of the links in my sig explains.
                                                  #6074    
                                                Old August 26th, 2011 (2:47 AM).
                                                Truality Truality is offline
                                                Left for good
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Aug 2011
                                                  Gender: Male
                                                  Posts: 1,007
                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by DavidJCobb View Post
                                                  Variables over 5000 are unsafe because they overwrite other portions of savedata. And variables under 4000 share RAM with flags.
                                                  Oh, my bad, wrong clarification. Variables between 4000 and 5000, then, I guess.
                                                  __________________
                                                  This is my December . . .
                                                    #6075    
                                                  Old August 26th, 2011 (3:27 AM).
                                                  metapod23's Avatar
                                                  metapod23 metapod23 is offline
                                                  Hardened Trainer
                                                     
                                                    Join Date: Mar 2009
                                                    Gender: Male
                                                    Nature: Timid
                                                    Posts: 673
                                                    Quote:
                                                    Originally Posted by DavidJCobb View Post
                                                    In other words, warp from (X,Y) on Map A to (X,Y) on Map B?

                                                    Hm... To the best of my knowledge, the "warp" command doesn't take variables. So what you'd need to do is store the X and Y into variables using getplayerpos, and then use a dynamically-compiled script containing a warp command so that you can "inject" those variables' values into the command. It's a complicated technique (but easy to use, once you wrap your head around it) that one of the links in my sig explains.
                                                    Actually, the warp command does take variables. You'd just need to use getplayerpos and then replace the x and y locations in the warp command (warp, warpmuted, etc) with the variables you used.
                                                    __________________
                                                    Closed Thread

                                                    Quick Reply

                                                    Join the conversation!

                                                    Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                                    Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                                    Sponsored Links
                                                    Thread Tools

                                                    Posting Rules
                                                    You may not post new threads
                                                    You may not post replies
                                                    You may not post attachments
                                                    You may not edit your posts

                                                    BB code is On
                                                    Smilies are On
                                                    [IMG] code is On
                                                    HTML code is Off

                                                    Forum Jump


                                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:28 AM.