• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The D・N・Angel Fanclub V.2.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years

Welcome to the D.N. Angel fanclub!

https://dnangel.neutralred.org/ said:
    Boy likes girl. Girl doesn't like boy. Boy is heartbroken and mulls around until BAM, he turns into seksay winged bishounen who catches the attention of girl but falls for girl's twin sister who falls for boy who falls for HER and-

Confusing? Betcha.

Hello there. Have you read the manga of DN Angel? Did you jump through your roof when you heard Yukiru Sugisaki decided to continue DN Angel? Can't you just wait for the new chapters to come out? Have you seen the Anime? Did you cry at the end? Do you defend the DN Angel anime wherever you go? Just can't get enought of Dark's stealing adventures? Would you like to have a rabbit and name it Wiz? Do you dream of flying in the night sky with black wings on your back? Do you like Yukiru Sugisaki's artwork? Yes? Well then:

Welcome to the new DN Angel fanclub.
    Due to the inactivity of the last owner we decided to start all over again. Dark went to sleep and will now be awakened again. Welcome! Have fun and enjoy your stay~

What is DN Angel?

D.N.Angel is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Yukiru Sugisaki.
    Daisuke Niwa is a 14 year-old-boy who has a special genetic ability: whenever he sees or thinks about his crush, Risa Harada, he turns into the infamous phantom thief Dark. Satoshi Hiwatari is a student at the same school as Daisuke and the Harada twins, as well as the Commander of the police force who is heading the investigation on Dark. He is also member of the Hikari family, a clan of artists which has opposed the Niwa family of thieves for centuries.

Who is Yukiru Sugisaki?

Yukiru Sugisaki is a Japanese manga artist born on December 26. Her hobbies are dramas, video games, and "collecting rabbit things".

Sugisaki's face is rarely seen, as she prefers to draw herself with a rabbit face or mask in her manga profile images. She also seems to have developed a trait of leaving her series unfinished before moving on to different projects (Notably D.N.Angel, which has seen multiple month-long droughts between chapters. She has just recently done many Lagoon Engine installments, including the Japanese release of volume 7.

Previous to that, she completed a small series entitled Eden, which had its debut in the October 2006 issue of Shōnen Ace, and finished in February 2007. It saw a departure of sorts from Sugisaki's previous series, with a darker, sci-fi noir theme and older protagonists.

Other Media

Manga

The manga currently has 13 Volumes in Japan and is not done yet. Volume 13 marks the ending of the Argentine Arc. For the English translation they're up to Volume 11 (before the Hiatus), volume 12 and 13 are currently being translated.
    There have been quite some Drama CD's Around as well.

Anime
    • Number of episodes : 26
    • Episode length: 25 minutes
    • Opening theme: Byakuya - True Light ~ Shunichi Miyamoto
    • Ending theme: Yashashii Gogo, Hajimari no Hi, Caged Bird, Guide Post/Michishirube
    • OST: 2 CD's
    • Japanese Voice Actors: Miyu Irino (Daisuke), Ryōtarō Okiayu (Dark), Akira Ishida (Satoshi), Takeshi Kusao (Krad)

Other Work by Yukiru Sugisaki
    • Candidate for Goddess - Megami Kohousei
    • Lagoon Engine
    • Lagoon Engine Einsatz
    • Brain Powered
    • Rizelmine
    • Several Doujinshi

Game
    • Title: DN Angel - Crimson Wings
    • Console: Playstation 2
    • Language: Japanese only

Trivia
    • One of Satoshi's VA's also does the voice of Yuu Hikaru (Candidate for Goddess)
    • Daisuke and Riku make a cameo in Rizelmine. Rizelmine reads the DN Angel manga.
    • Jin and En (LE) make a cameo in D.N. Angel. They appear in Volume 9.
    • Yukiru Sugisaki has the habit to not finish things
    • She expresses her love for rabbits by drawing them everywhere. (go hunt for them in your DN Angel books)
    • D.N. Angel's special at the end of each volume is called "One Night Magic".
    • Yukiru Sugisaki always draws herself with a bunny mask on.

Links

Gallery
    Spoiler:

Rules
    • ALL of PC's rules for Other Clubs apply here as well
    • NO flaming or spamming
    • Post large-sized pictures in spoilertags (for the obvious reason not to stretch the page)
    • If posting fanart, always link back to the original artist
    • You can talk about ALL of Yukiru Sugisaki's Manga... But DN Angel remains our main topic.
    • IF YOU GOT A NAMECHANGE SAY SO! I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP THE MEMBER'S LIST UP TO DATE. THANK YOU

Memberlist

Owner
    • Mudkipblader
    Co-Owner
    • Uzumaki_Naruto
    Members
    • Mudkipblader
    • If U Seek Amy
    • Blazeavile
    • Uzumaki_Naruto
    • Rellyms
    • Shinningkit

Last edited:

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    Wow lots of info here. Great job Kippy!

I guess we'll have to rejoin eh? :D

You'll definitly have to add me to that list! Just by reading this thread, you make me want to re-watch the anime ^_^ I hope I find the time..

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Is it possible too join?

I've just started reading the manga and it's pretty cool so far :D

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Wow lots of info here. Great job Kippy!

I guess we'll have to rejoin eh? :D

You'll definitly have to add me to that list! Just by reading this thread, you make me want to re-watch the anime ^_^ I hope I find the time..

Tehehe, thank you, Joey. :3 Ever since I started the Fire Emblem club, I have put this as my standard opening post for a club. It takes a while, but it gives newcomers a taste of what this club is about, you see?
    And it looks better than: This is X's fanclub, now post, plz? =3
    I want to rewatch it as well, but that will have to wait. Or until I run out of Saiunkoku Monogatari episodes to watch during studybreak

Is it possible too join?

I've just started reading the manga and it's pretty cool so far :D

Yes, of course you may join. ^^ You're on the list.
    Ah? So you're a newcomer to the series? Well, even if you just started the manga, you have a lot of awesome moments to look out for. For me, the manga really starts (aka, looses the introduction stories) in near the end of Volume 2. By then, the manga-ka's style has evolved to what it will be for the next 8 volumes. Then her style evolves again, 'till volume 11. Her style in Volume 12 is a little different. Less detailed is not the case, but the characters seem to get younger... 'specially Daisuke. But I don't dislike her new style. It's only natural that one's style changes over time.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Shesh Kippy you bum! ;) You should had put me on there already... ME OF ALL PEOPLE! xDDDD Gehehheehe.... Guess I'll be RE-Joining then. *WHIPLASH!* You know you work too hard... I'm feeling bad about myself now... Heh. MAKE ME CO-OWNER! *cheers in the back*

The manga currently has 13 Volumes in Japan and is ungoing.
    LMFAO! Ungoing...

By then, the manga-ka's style has evolved to what it will be for the next 8 volumes. Then her style evolves again, 'till volume 11. Her style in Volume 12 is a little different. Less detailed is not the case, but the characters seem to get younger... 'specially Daisuke. But I don't dislike her new style. It's only natural that one's style changes over time.

Yes, that is the main fact of every manga-ka. Some try to maintain their unique artwork between different manga but each manga is always slightly different from the previous one. (I haven't changed very much hehehe but I am improving!)
    I need to read more manga of course if I am to improve.

Small note: I drew a sexy looking Dark!!!! *amazed* Muwahahahahaha! *wink wink*

Last edited:

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Shesh Kippy you bum! ;) You should had put me on there already... ME OF ALL PEOPLE! xDDDD Gehehheehe.... Guess I'll be RE-Joining then. *WHIPLASH!* You know you work too hard... I'm feeling bad about myself now... Heh. MAKE ME CO-OWNER! *cheers in the back*

Lol, sorry 'bout that. I just got on and it looks like Kippy forgot even mine too hehehe. Don't worry. She'll know when she wakes up tomorrow... *curses under breath* -.-"

Calm down, plz. D: I put on the list those that post in the thread. >_> You never know who's coming back... :B
    And you're on the list twice, you happy now? XD

LMFAO! Ungoing...

Changed it. XD

Yes, that is the main fact of every manga-ka. Some try to maintain their unique artwork between different manga but each manga is always slightly different from the previous one. (I haven't changed very much hehehe but I am improving!)
    I need to read more manga of course if I am to improve.

That's true. Have you ever read the manga of Yuu Watase? You recognise her style right away. Even though 10 years have passed since Fushigi Yuugi and Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden, you can still recognise her style immediately. It has changed allright, but you notice it instantly that it's her work.
    Yukiru Sugisaki has tried different styles. You have the style of D.N. Angel, which she also uses in Candidate for Goddess and partly in Rizelmine. And then there's the style of Lagoon Engine, which is more chibi-like. =)
    Yeah,reading manga helps. I have develloped my style based on Yukiru Sugisaki's and Yuu Watase's style. I used to more a shounen-style artist (Pokemon, Beyblade, Fullmetal Alchemist), but with DN Angel I started to draw Shoujo-style boys. I still draw my eyes like in DN angel. My hair is a mix of YW and YS... not too detailed, but with strands allright. XD I can't draw like Yuu Watase, but her style is gorgeous. *cough* I still love Yukiru's style though. *_* It made me fall in love with her work in the first place. Some pictures of Dark are amazing. All those detals. *_* And the feathers. *gasp*

Small note: I drew a sexy looking Dark!!!! *amazed* Muwahahahahaha! *wink wink*

SHOW MEH! *cough* DARK-SAN! *sqeals very Risa-like*

T__T Iz nawt on da list. I'd like to be. =]

You iz on da list naw. :B You happy? :3

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Sorry sorry... Remember I was quite hyper yesterday. (AND TODAY!)
    *Celebrates* I'm on the list twice! WOOT! ........... Okay back on track.

Styles.... Well let's just say I am officially stuck with YS' style of eyes... (Though drawing Dark's is sort of a pain since I lost my thin lead pencils...) It works all-around with both genders though you have to manipulate it a little but otherwise it's good.
    Like I said, Males are slightly harder for me since I can never get their facial expressions correct. (I actually made a guy into a girl a few times already :D) But otherwise, I can draw decent body structures.
    On the subject of women, they are surprisingly interesting. I have my troubles with their bust sizes (every guy I see wants them huge... hahaha...) so I try not to go extreme and keep it around a B-C cup. (I have two sisters and believe me... I see things I'm not suppose to. But I guess that makes me understand girls more...) Their arms and legs are easier because of the usual slimness of women. Hair is probably the number one thing for me... I like Riku's but hell Risa's is trouble.

Hrm... You soulda kept ungoing... It was funnier to read. XDDD
    Yes, I have read YW's mangas and the characters were cool! I got lazy and didn't finish Fushigi Yuugi though... (Heh!)
    Originally Posted by https://dnangel.neutralred.org/
    Boy likes girl. Girl doesn't like boy. Boy is heartbroken and mulls around until BAM, he turns into seksay winged bishounen who catches the attention of girl but falls for girl's twin sister who falls for boy who falls for HER and-

Confusing? Betcha.
    This was hillarious! I can't believe I skipped reading it! Confusing? YOU BET! LMFAO!

Last edited:

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Styles.... Well let's just say I am officially stuck with YS' style of eyes... (Though drawing Dark's is sort of a pain since I lost my thin lead pencils...) It works all-around with both genders though you have to manipulate it a little but otherwise it's good.
    I love the way she draws her eyes. Not too difficult, yet gives quite a detailed look. :3
    I learned a lot about the Anime style (it's not completely her style, but it looks like it, and it's easier) while doing my vectors. :3 Since you have to do everything, you get to know the tiny things that make the style of DNA just THAT style.
    Vector n°1, Vector n°2 :cer_giggle:
    Vectoring even thought me how to make a believable sky. -shot'd-

Oh, and doodling Dark is the shizzle -shot'd again-

Like I said, Males are slightly harder for me since I can never get their facial expressions correct. (I actually made a guy into a girl a few times already :D) But otherwise, I can draw decent body structures.
    I like do draw males. D: They're not too skinny, at least you can draw their muscle structures. With Women you can see their joints. They don' thave musles. D: (at least with pokemon). Drawing male faces... it's not that hard. =/ I can keep the eye size to a limit of Dark's eyes... while young men and all women have are supposed to have quite big eyes, wich I can hardly draw. >_> So males between 16-25 are my main subject. -shot'- But I swore I'd draw more females in 2009.

But I guess that makes me understand girls more...) Their arms and legs are easier because of the usual slimness of women. Hair is probably the number one thing for me... I like Riku's but hell Risa's is trouble.
    (Anime)hair is amazing. 8D You can do EVERYTHING with it and still not reach the limits. Colour, shape, lenght... anime hair defies gravity. XD Talking about hair, Dark's hair just has to be the most awesome hair I've seen in anime. :B

Hrm... You soulda kept ungoing... It was funnier to read. XDDD
    Yes, I have read YW's mangas and the characters were cool! I got lazy and didn't finish Fushigi Yuugi though... (Heh!)
    The characters are more than cool. Well,if you got lazy and didn't finish FY, go read FYGK, it's better. XD

This was hillarious! I can't believe I skipped reading it! Confusing? YOU BET! LMFAO!
    I like that quote as well. That's why I put it there. Ever since I stumbled upon that website and found their summary, it just keeps making me laugh.

Edit: I'm going to add some pictures to the first page this evening, so look forward to it.

Edit: Compare the eyes:
    Manga (Volume 12)
    Spoiler:

Anime
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    *nods very hard*
    My dA is crammed with my pictures. :3 I'll show you some, but since it's a DNA club, only my DNA art. XD

"Forever Standing" <- Now guess where that title comes from. XD
    Spoiler:

Yes, I'm a huge fan of this pairing. And I think Dark shouldn't end up with anyone besides her. :cer_blankstare: It's pretty sad though, to wish for that. =/ I'm very fond of Rika, even if she didn't appear in the manga, I still see her as a "full character"... not just an add-on. (she might be though, but I don't see her like that.)
    And I know some things aren't correct anatomically. XD

Between Light and Darkness <- is a title from one of the episodes
    Spoiler:

The 4 (male) main characters. :3 First time drawing Krad, certainly on the pc. XD
    Dai's hair just looks aweful, and Sato's neck's too thin... |D But, hey, I love it. XD

Seems like I have little DNA work on my dA. ._." And I thought I had drawn so much DNA. |D I'm so bad. Certainly tradional DNA work lacks a little. *hm...* I should fix that someday. >_<

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Hahaha... Sato's upper neck is kinda thin but hell... It looks good! I have to admit, Dai's hair really is crap hahaha. But your Krad was very good. Bleh... Dark is dark... ^^;

I wish I could show mine... (Like a whole stack just sitting in my binder...) But since the lack of a scanner denies me of putting them onto my computer... NO HELPING THAT! MUWAHAHAH!

Cacttus

Sigh
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2016
    Sucks T__T I need a tablet.

I do love your style though. =] epic

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Hahaha... Sato's upper neck is kinda thin but hell... It looks good! I have to admit, Dai's hair really is crap hahaha. But your Krad was very good. Bleh... Dark is dark... ^^;
    That's what I said. Dai's hair looks like crap and Sato's neck is too thing. :| But it takes a while to change it.
    Glad you like Krad. His eye freaks me out in the inked version though. ._." I draw them on paper first, then vector'd it. XD Well, Dark will be Dark, right? XD

I wish I could show mine... (Like a whole stack just sitting in my binder...) But since the lack of a scanner denies me of putting them onto my computer... NO HELPING THAT! MUWAHAHAH!
    Photo?

Sucks T__T I need a tablet.

I do love your style though. =] epic

Thank you. :3 You don't need a tablet to do digital drawings. (b' ')b I do all my work without one. I can't work with one, so I'm a mouse person. (there was a time when I typed mouse, I typed Mousy -shot'd-

I'm going to put pictures in the gallery section. :3

Shinningkit

So i herd u liek pirat mudkipz
    Years
    =0 D.N.Angel Club! I must join! Am I allowed? =0 I've seen the anime (It's the only one I own ironically. xD) but I didn't know they had a manga. =0 Can you find saples of it one the internet? My budget's shot at the moment. ^^"

I like your drawings. They're colorful. =0 Dark's hair is awesome, but it's just sooo complicated. xD and you draw with a mouse? =0 *applauds in awe*

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Oh! Yes, of course you may join. =D Consider yourself welcome. ^^
    It is? Well that's nice to hear. XD If you like DN Angel you might check out Candidate for Goddess, which is another anime based on the manga by Yukiru Sugisaki. It's mecha though. =/ But even though I'm not a fan of mecha, I love this anime/manga, just because of the characters. :3
    And it's animated by the same studio that did DN Angel (Xebec)... one minor point though: nor the anime, nor the manga are finished. >_>

Well, I added a link to mangafox in the first post. You can find all current 62 chapters there. I have no idea when 63 will come out though. =/ That will probably be the first chapter of Volume 15 (which I hope has Krad on it. That guy needs more cover time. Not any of those 14 covers has Krad on it. @_@)
    If you love the anime, I'm sure you'll love the manga. They're not really alike, and by the time you've reached Volume 7 (Ice and Snow Arc), the manga takes a whole new road. :3 Go read it if you have time. ^^

Hehe, thank you. :3 Yeah it is, but even though it is complicated, that is a reason to go all out on it. 8D You can never add strands to many. XD Although... MangaDark's hair is awesome. O_O And wierd. As if he combed his hair from the back to the front. x3
    Yeah, can't work with a tablet, it doesn't listen to what I say. But whenever I need clean lineart (like those two above), I use the pentool in Photoshop. It's a trick I learned while vectoring, and I love the result it gives. It takes a while though. >_<

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Ah heck... I still need help with PhotoShop CS4.... (God it's so complicated! :3) I should had taken those photography(which also works with the super advanced Photoshop my teacher has...) classes in high school... (Teacher was great! His sense of humor was funny too.) I might need some pointers in banner making too...

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    If you really need help with some things, go search deviant Art for tutorials. They're written from artists to artists, quite understandable and newcomer-friendly. And if you don't like one you found, go find another. :B

Ah! I noticed you put that quote in your signature. XD Awesome. That is an epic quote is it? XDD

https://mesucks.tripod.com/dnangel/tongli-interview.htm
    That's in interview with Yukiru Sugisaki in a Chinese (?) book similar to Asuka, in which DN Angel monthly (uh? USED to, the releases are quite irregular)) appears).

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Hahaha. That is THE MOST EPIC QUOTE EVER! I just love reading it. Hehehehe... It cracks me up everytime but it's the truth... AND PEOPLE CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH! :3 (Gotta love 'A Few Good Men'.)

Back