Progressing ROM Hacks This forum is for ROM hacks which are currently in production, but not yet finished. Come and find a ROM hack that's starting out, or post your own for others to see! For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #126    
Old April 2nd, 2009 (4:57 PM).
kelvin001 kelvin001 is offline
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Gender:
    Posts: 17
    Hey Dante,
    Would you mind attaching the patch in here as well? I cannot download from mediafire for some reason

    Relevant Advertising!

      #127    
    Old April 2nd, 2009 (5:53 PM).
    12345's Avatar
    12345 12345 is offline
    Sky
       
      Join Date: Aug 2007
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Calm
      Posts: 410
      when i go to urban city, i talked to gym leder.
      And the event teach me how to catch pokemon was actived. ==>This is a bug.
        #128    
      Old April 3rd, 2009 (6:25 AM).
      12345's Avatar
      12345 12345 is offline
      Sky
         
        Join Date: Aug 2007
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Calm
        Posts: 410
        well, you updated beta1 bug fixed.
        thank you.
          #129    
        Old April 3rd, 2009 (6:58 AM).
        Osher99's Avatar
        Osher99 Osher99 is offline
           
          Join Date: Jun 2008
          Gender:
          Posts: 195
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Sakibou View Post
          I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've tried several different Ruby roms, two different patching programs, and renaming the ISP. Nothing has worked. (The closest I've gotten is getting to the Start screen, before it froze.)

          Any advice?

          Easy, the name of the patch there the E in pokEmon is a italian signal
          Replace the E from the italian signal to E in english signal
          Thats will help you

          I can't use the 128K save type this is not help me to play..
          __________________
          Hack I Support:






            #130    
          Old April 3rd, 2009 (7:43 AM).
          >Dante<'s Avatar
          >Dante< >Dante< is offline
          Call me Steven
             
            Join Date: Jun 2008
            Location: Torino (ITA)
            Nature: Adamant
            Posts: 204
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Goodies. View Post
            Word of advice maybe you should PM your request to an Admin or Mod. It will get spotted and therefore moved much quicker
            ok
            thank you..

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Solebro View Post
            This looks so interesting, with the dream, and the garydos.
            Awesome!
            thx Solebro

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Sakibou View Post
            I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've tried several different Ruby roms, two different patching programs, and renaming the ISP. Nothing has worked. (The closest I've gotten is getting to the Start screen, before it froze.)

            Any advice?
            I have created a tutorial about this in the first post of this hack
            I hope that can help you

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by kelvin001 View Post
            Hey Dante,
            Would you mind attaching the patch in here as well? I cannot download from mediafire for some reason
            yeah..
            sure

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
            well, you updated beta1 bug fixed.
            thank you.
            there is already in the first post

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Osher99 View Post

            Easy, the name of the patch there the E in pokEmon is a italian signal
            Replace the E from the italian signal to E in english signal
            Thats will help you

            I can't use the 128K save type this is not help me to play..
            mmm
            why you can't use the 128K save??
            ====================================================
            UPDATES!
            Pokèmon Crono is finally in the Hack Showcase!!
            Does this mean that now also my hack can participate in the HOTM of April??
            I don't sincerely know it..
            however I've released the bug Fixed in the first post!
            I have fixed the scirpt of LANCE and I have closed the road that brings to URBAN CITY.
            in reality it was not my intention to include this city and not even Porto VALLUM in the beta 1..
            however I had forgotten to close that road XD
            I hope that now, with the bug fixed there are not problems.
            If you notice some other bug signal it to me with an image (so that me I succeed in understanding better).
            Thanks
            __________________

              #131    
            Old April 3rd, 2009 (11:36 AM).
            Osher99's Avatar
            Osher99 Osher99 is offline
               
              Join Date: Jun 2008
              Gender:
              Posts: 195
              Dude I cant play in 128K and 64K save type.. i dont know what the problem..
              It's steel a white screen..
              __________________
              Hack I Support:






                #132    
              Old April 3rd, 2009 (12:09 PM).
              toolTRA's Avatar
              toolTRA toolTRA is offline
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2008
                Gender:
                Posts: 26
                Very nice.
                The palettes are awesome and in really like the
                tiles for inside the house.
                __________________
                Want to help on my Fire Red hack: "Pokemon Glass Version"? PM me with:

                Spoiler:
                Name:
                Position applying for:
                Proof of work:




                  #133    
                Old April 3rd, 2009 (12:57 PM).
                Zado Zado is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Oct 2008
                  Posts: 50
                  How far ( how many badges ) does this beta go ?
                    #134    
                  Old April 3rd, 2009 (1:04 PM).
                  markiss92's Avatar
                  markiss92 markiss92 is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2007
                    Gender:
                    Nature: Adamant
                    Posts: 21
                    the part where you edited the wally event was very creative. i still have more to watch but i am very impressed.
                    __________________
                    Pokemon D/P FC: 1676 4781 6074
                      #135    
                    Old April 3rd, 2009 (2:00 PM).
                    Flaming_Printer Flaming_Printer is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Aug 2007
                      Gender:
                      Posts: 41
                      This is a rather amazing hack, it is quite obvious you are very good at scripting. I will have to play the Beta soon.
                        #136    
                      Old April 3rd, 2009 (5:33 PM).
                      Vannah☆'s Avatar
                      Vannah☆ Vannah☆ is offline
                      Spriter
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2008
                        Location: Illinois, USA
                        Age: 24
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Naive
                        Posts: 441
                        Yeah, I'm having the white screen problem too, yet I've used this base for many ruby hacks. Hmm.
                          #137    
                        Old April 3rd, 2009 (6:35 PM).
                        Sakiko123 Sakiko123 is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Sep 2008
                          Gender: Female
                          Nature: Careful
                          Posts: 27
                          I'm not sure if this was said yet and if it happens to everyone, but I found a weird glitch. It was just after talking to Lance and heading back home to make the delivery when I noticed it. I had walked into a patch of grass and had a void Pokemon... No HP, no image... Just a blank Pokemon...
                            #138    
                          Old April 3rd, 2009 (6:43 PM). Edited April 3rd, 2009 by yackm.
                          yackm yackm is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Dec 2007
                            Gender:
                            Posts: 7
                            Heya,

                            Unfortunately for me with no$gba i get a rom image crash and with VBA it dsnt do anything at all, not even white, just black

                            edit: And yes i did what was said on the first page, i'm running vista, still just crashing. I have used two seperate rom bases which worked fine by themselves without the ips patch.

                            I used the lunar ips patch proggy
                              #139    
                            Old April 3rd, 2009 (7:35 PM).
                            YellowAdventure's Avatar
                            YellowAdventure YellowAdventure is offline
                            My name is Yellow
                               
                              Join Date: Mar 2009
                              Age: 27
                              Nature: Calm
                              Posts: 31
                              Thank for the beta. Pokemon Crono is the best
                              __________________





                                #140    
                              Old April 3rd, 2009 (8:25 PM). Edited April 3rd, 2009 by Tsukiyo.
                              Tsukiyo's Avatar
                              Tsukiyo Tsukiyo is offline
                              Pokemon Origin Crisis Lead
                              • Crystal Tier
                               
                              Join Date: Jan 2009
                              Location: Georgia, USA
                              Age: 27
                              Nature: Adamant
                              Posts: 137
                              I tried your suggestion, but I'm still getting the white screen.
                              EDIT: Okay, I finally got it figured out.

                              Your game is in serious need of some proofreading! The overabundance of errors completely interferes with the overall experience of the game. I understand that English is not your first language, but that is no excuse for releasing a beta before even making a decent attempt at fixing those errors, whether you're the one fixing them or you make an effort to find someone who will.

                              With that said, I haven't gotten very far in the game, but I've already encountered several errors:

                              1. When you're chasing the Poochyena, after the point where you jump down the ledge, if you continue to chase it, a shadow (or something resembling one) appears beneath it for a split second.

                              2. This one is actually a script error (or, more specifically, something that wasn't changed from the original script that should have been): if you select what I assume is a poster on the wall in the lab, it says something about it being a computer that you shouldn't mess with.

                              3. When you're chasing after the Arcanine thieves, the second trainer you encounter, a Bug Catcher, has to actually be spoken to before the fight is initiated. The same thing happens with the female trainer.

                              4. The policeman who tells you that you can't go into the forest(?) without a Pokemon continues to say so even after you've caught the Poochyena.

                              5. Perhaps this was intentional, but nothing happens when you attempt to speak to the guy in the lab when he and Mr. Rufus are examining the poster (which apparently isn't a poster, but looks like one). The 'ping' sound is made, but he doesn't say anything.

                              6. I assumed (possibly incorrectly) that Mr. Rufus was the owner of the lab in the town you start out in. However, the aide behind the counter states that it belongs to Prof. Birch. (Well, technically he says that Birch is out, which is why I'm thinking that I could be mistaken.)

                              8. The boulders the Machoke in the Yard of Red Ville are carrying briefly turn into boxes when they move. They also make the 'ping' sound when you talk to them, but don't actually...er...say anything.

                              9. You can walk on (and through, in some cases) the walls, counter, goods, and tree in the Pokemon Mart in Red Ville.

                              10. I encountered a rather odd glitch during a battle with the Fisherman in Red Ville. This occurred right after walking on the walls in the mart, and in every battle afterward. The first indication of the glitch is the blank where the name of the Pokemon should be when the battle starts (right before it is sent out). When it is sent out, the Pokemon appears as a question mark in a black and white circle. It is at level zero, has no HP, no name, and no attacks (clicking Fight results in being told that the Pokemon is out of moves). When this glitch occurs, the battle is automatically lost (usually before the opponent gets a turn), stating that you are out of useable Pokemon, etc.

                              11. I'm assuming the intention was to have Pokemon appear throughout the route to Green Ville without the need for tall grass. Instead, though, the grass appears when you step on a tile, and disappears when you leave it. It's sort of glitchy, though, since it's cut in half.

                              7. Although this isn't an error, I did find it rather odd that the Grim Reaper-like character showed you a Pokemon (following the standard "This world is inhabited by..." etc.). It just didn't seem to fit the character, in my opinion, especially considering what else was said. Also, why does it ask where you're from (North or South) instead of asking your gender when the latter is what it actually wants to know? I think it'd be a good idea to have a custom sprite for the female as well, since you have one for the male. But again, that's just an opinion.

                              8. Lastly, something else that I found out-of-place was the sound of the truck at the beginning of the dream. The rain effect (including the lightening and accompanying sounds) was done quite well, but I didn't see a place for the truck sound, even in a dream setting.

                              The graphics, however, are superb. And, the traitorous assistant made me laugh.
                                #141    
                              Old April 3rd, 2009 (11:13 PM).
                              zlayer200's Avatar
                              zlayer200 zlayer200 is offline
                              Sw3den H4ck3r ;d
                                 
                                Join Date: Jan 2009
                                Location: Sweden
                                Gender:
                                Nature: Brave
                                Posts: 115
                                one thing i dont know why, when i patch the clean english room Ruby and then start the game it just become a white screen, is there any problem with the ips?
                                Although the game looks very good by reading the story and seeing the screens, countiune with your lovely job!
                                __________________
                                I whant HeavyMetal-Pokemons xD
                                The Best Band Ever: Linkin Park


                                  #142    
                                Old April 4th, 2009 (4:55 AM).
                                Sarcastic Prince's Avatar
                                Sarcastic Prince Sarcastic Prince is offline
                                Starting anew...
                                   
                                  Join Date: Aug 2007
                                  Location: Kwun Tong Mountains
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Timid
                                  Posts: 3,074
                                  I've just finished Beta 1, and it's great! (Except for the
                                  Grammar and Spelling Mistakes.)

                                  The "Lance stealing your Pokemon" glitch still occurs. So I actually
                                  have to cheat for Pokeballs to catch a Wild Poochyena instead.

                                  The Gyarados script and the Catching Poochyena scripts are really awesome.

                                  At the end of the Beta, I was kinda thinking of what Deathon Valley will look like.

                                  There are suggestions that I really want you to put in the Hack.

                                  And that is "Before, After and Defeated Trainer Battle Text Changing."
                                  I'm kinda sick of reading the same, plain, Ruby boring texts all over again.

                                  And the another one is, the Normal People text. (Or objects) When I talk to
                                  the Poster or something in Rufus's Lab, it said it's a computer.
                                  And assistant is still saying "Prof. Birch". The Prof.'s name is Rufus, right?

                                  And one more thing... can you change the "Lance catching Gyarados"
                                  text? It's still the Wally text.

                                  I know the message it's really long, but can you take your time to read this?

                                  P.S Can you hire a Grammactical Mistakes Corrector like Light Platinum?
                                  This will make the Hack twice as better.


                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Sakibou View Post
                                  1. When you're chasing the Poochyena, after the point where you jump down the ledge, if you continue to chase it, a shadow (or something resembling one) appears beneath it for a split second.

                                  2. This one is actually a script error (or, more specifically, something that wasn't changed from the original script that should have been): if you select what I assume is a poster on the wall in the lab, it says something about it being a computer that you shouldn't mess with.

                                  3. When you're chasing after the Arcanine thieves, the second trainer you encounter, a Bug Catcher, has to actually be spoken to before the fight is initiated. The same thing happens with the female trainer.

                                  4. The policeman who tells you that you can't go into the forest(?) without a Pokemon continues to say so even after you've caught the Poochyena.

                                  5. Perhaps this was intentional, but nothing happens when you attempt to speak to the guy in the lab when he and Mr. Rufus are examining the poster (which apparently isn't a poster, but looks like one). The 'ping' sound is made, but he doesn't say anything.

                                  6. I assumed (possibly incorrectly) that Mr. Rufus was the owner of the lab in the town you start out in. However, the aide behind the counter states that it belongs to Prof. Birch. (Well, technically he says that Birch is out, which is why I'm thinking that I could be mistaken.)

                                  8. The boulders the Machoke in the Yard of Red Ville are carrying briefly turn into boxes when they move. They also make the 'ping' sound when you talk to them, but don't actually...er...say anything.

                                  9. You can walk on (and through, in some cases) the walls, counter, goods, and tree in the Pokemon Mart in Red Ville.

                                  10. I encountered a rather odd glitch during a battle with the Fisherman in Red Ville. This occurred right after walking on the walls in the mart, and in every battle afterward. The first indication of the glitch is the blank where the name of the Pokemon should be when the battle starts (right before it is sent out). When it is sent out, the Pokemon appears as a question mark in a black and white circle. It is at level zero, has no HP, no name, and no attacks (clicking Fight results in being told that the Pokemon is out of moves). When this glitch occurs, the battle is automatically lost (usually before the opponent gets a turn), stating that you are out of useable Pokemon, etc.

                                  11. I'm assuming the intention was to have Pokemon appear throughout the route to Green Ville without the need for tall grass. Instead, though, the grass appears when you step on a tile, and disappears when you leave it. It's sort of glitchy, though, since it's cut in half.

                                  7. Although this isn't an error, I did find it rather odd that the Grim Reaper-like character showed you a Pokemon (following the standard "This world is inhabited by..." etc.). It just didn't seem to fit the character, in my opinion, especially considering what else was said. Also, why does it ask where you're from (North or South) instead of asking your gender when the latter is what it actually wants to know? I think it'd be a good idea to have a custom sprite for the female as well, since you have one for the male. But again, that's just an opinion.

                                  8. Lastly, something else that I found out-of-place was the sound of the truck at the beginning of the dream. The rain effect (including the lightening and accompanying sounds) was done quite well, but I didn't see a place for the truck sound, even in a dream setting.
                                  Post screenshots, dude. I think Dante will be bored of reading this bunch of text.
                                  __________________
                                  I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.
                                    #143    
                                  Old April 4th, 2009 (5:24 AM).
                                  Tsukiyo's Avatar
                                  Tsukiyo Tsukiyo is offline
                                  Pokemon Origin Crisis Lead
                                  • Crystal Tier
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jan 2009
                                  Location: Georgia, USA
                                  Age: 27
                                  Nature: Adamant
                                  Posts: 137
                                  I posted that for his benefit.
                                  If he refuses to read it for whatever reason, why should I go out of my way to appease him? Especially if he doesn't read it due to "boredom" or laziness...>.>;

                                  But, I'll post screenshots nonetheless. Sometimes a visual gets the point across better, anyhow.
                                  Although, some of what I posted obviously won't benefit from a screenshot.

                                  I'm assuming the question mark glitch is tied in with the thieving Lance glitch. I was posting errors as I went and hadn't yet bothered to check if the glitch was occurring because I no longer had any Pokemon. I assumed it had to do with walking through the walls...XP
                                    #144    
                                  Old April 4th, 2009 (12:04 PM).
                                  sab's Avatar
                                  sab sab is offline
                                  Now too much of a life.
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jul 2008
                                    Location: Midgar
                                    Age: 21
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Timid
                                    Posts: 996
                                    This game rocks!! If you want to get rid of the the grass animation in green wood, you can change the behaveor byte to 08 instead of 02.
                                    __________________
                                      #145    
                                    Old April 5th, 2009 (2:21 AM).
                                    Sarcastic Prince's Avatar
                                    Sarcastic Prince Sarcastic Prince is offline
                                    Starting anew...
                                       
                                      Join Date: Aug 2007
                                      Location: Kwun Tong Mountains
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Timid
                                      Posts: 3,074
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Sakibou View Post
                                      I posted that for his benefit.
                                      If he refuses to read it for whatever reason, why should I go out of my way to appease him? Especially if he doesn't read it due to "boredom" or laziness...>.>;
                                      Sorry for being rude. I didn't mean it.

                                      To Dante: Can't wait for more updates!
                                      __________________
                                      I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.
                                        #146    
                                      Old April 5th, 2009 (3:34 AM).
                                      Derlo's Avatar
                                      Derlo Derlo is offline
                                      Working on Essence of light...
                                         
                                        Join Date: Aug 2007
                                        Posts: 131
                                        Unfortunately I can not say that the HACK is great .... It is terrible that happens to me two BUGS.
                                        1 - After I speak with LANCE the first time in the second city. My pokemon disappears. And when having access to the MENU Pokemon rom crash.
                                        2 - In the opening HACK, the design does not appear, only the name "Pokemon" and "cron VERSION"

                                        PS: These bugs are the latest beta you posted!
                                          #147    
                                        Old April 5th, 2009 (12:09 PM).
                                        mangaroll's Avatar
                                        mangaroll mangaroll is offline
                                        Teh Great Mangaroll
                                           
                                          Join Date: Mar 2009
                                          Location: TX =p
                                          Age: 22
                                          Gender:
                                          Nature: Relaxed
                                          Posts: 60
                                          Ummm...I have a white screen even after putting save type to flash 128k.

                                          But looks to me like its a great one.=p
                                            #148    
                                          Old April 5th, 2009 (1:31 PM).
                                          Osher99's Avatar
                                          Osher99 Osher99 is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Jun 2008
                                            Gender:
                                            Posts: 195
                                            God.. I cant play!
                                            Somebody help me.. its steel white screen when I use 128K speed save
                                            What to do?
                                            __________________
                                            Hack I Support:






                                              #149    
                                            Old April 5th, 2009 (2:05 PM).
                                            ~Teh Panda~'s Avatar
                                            ~Teh Panda~ ~Teh Panda~ is offline
                                            Sea of Dreams - Redux
                                            • Silver Tier
                                             
                                            Join Date: Aug 2007
                                            Posts: 906
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Osher99 View Post
                                            God.. I cant play!
                                            Somebody help me.. its steel white screen when I use 128K speed save
                                            What to do?
                                            You know this is a ruby rom patch right
                                            __________________




                                            Mystic still in work to let you know...
                                              #150    
                                            Old April 5th, 2009 (4:11 PM).
                                            mangaroll's Avatar
                                            mangaroll mangaroll is offline
                                            Teh Great Mangaroll
                                               
                                              Join Date: Mar 2009
                                              Location: TX =p
                                              Age: 22
                                              Gender:
                                              Nature: Relaxed
                                              Posts: 60
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by ~Teh Panda~ View Post
                                              You know this is a ruby rom patch right

                                              Yes...I don't think anyone could make that kind of mistake without realizing it after 10 seconds...
                                              Closed Thread

                                              Quick Reply

                                              Join the conversation!

                                              Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                              Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                              Sponsored Links
                                              Thread Tools

                                              Posting Rules
                                              You may not post new threads
                                              You may not post replies
                                              You may not post attachments
                                              You may not edit your posts

                                              BB code is On
                                              Smilies are On
                                              [IMG] code is On
                                              HTML code is Off

                                              Forum Jump


                                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:29 PM.