• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Battle Trials

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
    Hey, i'm jebees.

I just started rom hacking , like a day ago. but i thought up this really good idea, which is why i'm posting it. Also maybe i could get some help starting it and learn more about hacking.

The hack i wanna make is Pokemon battle trials. It is gonna-be hack of fire red. It has a format similar to the battle frontier in emerald, but it's placed over a region, kinda like in the TV show. The continent it is based on is called rovlok.

Here's some format ideas...
    • Since i hate having weak pokemon You start the game with pokemon around the Lv 50s
    • The gym's go around the themes of the battle fronteir challenges. Like the first gym will have lots of floors with trainers. One gym will be a huge maze that has the lights taken away...etc

Here's the story...

The wealthy company, Poke Inc., Owner has just passed away, a few weeks before the completion of his ultimate pokemon trainer resort was finished that feature's a pokemon league of it's own, the Everen league, and in his last dying words, decided that the company's wealth shall be passed onto the first trainer to defeat this league. He scribbled the circumstances of challenging them on a notepad symbols at eanchTraining facility Across :" To challenge my elite team members of the Everen League, You must gather the 8 symbols of the training facilities, and then proceed to defeat them and thier leader, my son Everend."
    You are a teen, being adept at pokemon training, but no pokemon of your own. You unhopefully enter a raffle to win a ticket to stay at the resort for year. Knowing there is no possible chance you can win this, go on with your life, without any regards to it.
    But a week later you recieve a letter, in the mail. Bieng curious, you open and read thelette. Having the officail seal of Poke Inc. , it confirms that you have one a ticket to the resort and a pass to get a super rare starter pokemon.you immediatly pack you bags, and run off the slateport city to board the S.S. Anne...

Well i hope you like the story of it but now this is what i need to make it...

• someone to help me make a banner for it.
    • someone to teach me the moderate skills of making maps, events,scripts etc...
    • someone to help make a world map(see attachment below)
    • Someone to help me put all of this together
    Since i don't know that much about rom hacking, i would really help if you could post some more stuff i would possibly need.

So please help me out. I have alot of great ideas, but i just need to learn how. I hope i can start my hacking rep on a good note

-Jebees

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
    the computer messed up a little, it supposed to be bicycle road.

i also need someone to post information about the details of mapping and the stuff that you write so people can give something to the main charectar etc.

also i banner would help, and maybe someone to tell how to make a title screen.

Last edited:

soyeahimbored

Originality at its best
    Years
    It looks like a really good idea. Hopefully one of the more "known" hackers will come by and see this as a good idea and point you in the right direction with tutorials and help. =]

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    Banners are pretty easy to make if you have photoshop or a similar program. If you do have photoshop but need help then google a tutorial or search pc.

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
    Some general ideas have flaws, but I really like the storyline.
    It's different from the usual story in hacks.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Hey, i'm jebees.

I just started rom hacking , like a day ago. but i thought up this really good idea, which is why i'm posting it. It's generally a good idea to learn a bit about hacking before posting a thread. Maybe delve into mapping a bit, and learn something about scripting. Mapping is simple, and there are tons of resources and help that you can find for scripting. You'll need to download the tools AdvanceMap, and XSE. Also maybe i could get some help starting it and learn more about hacking.

The hack i wanna make is Pokemon battle trials. It is gonna-be hack of fire red. It has a format similar to the battle frontier in emerald, So does that mean you're going to make it like the Battle Frontier? I mean, some people liked it, but it's not enough premise to base a whole game on it... but it's placed over a region, kinda like in the TV show. Uh, all hacks generally have new regions, unless it's a remake.. The continent it is based on is called rovlok.

Here's some format ideas...
    • Since i hate having weak pokemon You start the game with pokemon around the Lv 50s Not a good idea. Keep to the format that's worked so far; give 'em weak ones to start with. Part of the fun of the game is training your team and optimizing their strengths to your standards.
    • The gym's go around the themes of the battle fronteir challenges. Like the first gym will have lots of floors with trainers. One gym will be a huge maze that has the lights taken away...etc Having a first gym full of trainers is probably not the best idea, imo.

Here's the story...

The wealthy company, Poke Inc., Owner has just passed away, a few weeks before the completion of his ultimate pokemon trainer resort was finished that feature's a pokemon league of it's own, the Everen league, and in his last dying words, decided that the company's wealth shall be passed onto the first trainer to defeat this league. Uh, that's a really long run-on sentence. Sorry, but I'm a Grammar Nazi. :P But why would he randomly give all of his money to a trainer that just wins a league? He scribbled the circumstances of challenging them on a notepad symbols at eanchTraining facility Across :" To challenge my elite team members of the Everen League, You must gather the 8 symbols of the training facilities, and then proceed to defeat them and thier leader, my son Everend." So he wrote all of that in his last dying breath? D:
    You are a teen, being adept at pokemon training, but no pokemon of your own. You unhopefully enter a raffle to win a ticket to stay at the resort for year. Knowing there is no possible chance you can win this, go on with your life, without any regards to it.
    But a week later you recieve a letter, in the mail. Bieng curious, you open and read thelette. Having the officail seal of Poke Inc. , it confirms that you have one a ticket to the resort and a pass to get a super rare starter pokemon.you immediatly pack you bags, and run off the slateport city to board the S.S. Anne...
    So are you going to have like part of the game beginning in Hoenn? You could do that with FireRed, but that'd take some work.. :/
    Also, "a super rare starter pokemon"? Aren't they all?

Well i hope you like the story of it but now this is what i need to make it...

• someone to help me make a banner for it. I think there's a tutorial on this in the Graphics section. Search for Neti's.
    • someone to teach me the moderate skills of making maps, events,scripts etc... You can learn most of these on your own. Events and scripts are one and the same, btw.
    • someone to help make a world map(see attachment below) There's a tutorial on this.
    • Someone to help me put all of this together Uhh, that's the hacker's job, which is you, right? :/
    Since i don't know that much about rom hacking, i would really help if you could post some more stuff i would possibly need. Look through the Toolbox section. Three important tools everyone needs are AdvanceMap by LU-HO, XSE by HackMew, and AdvanceTrainer by HackMew. A-Map makes your maps, XSE makes the scripts, and A-Trainer sets up your trainers for you.

So please help me out. I have alot of great ideas, but i just need to learn how. I hope i can start my hacking rep on a good note You shouldn't hack for reputation. You should hack for yourself. :P

-Jebees

All of my comments in bold.

Back