Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

The Lab From the computer lab to the chemistry lab, or even the observatory, here's where we nerd out over all things science and technology!

Old May 13th, 2016 (6:18 PM).

Nature: Jolly
Alright, so earlier today I had to restart my Moto G3 because it wasn't functioning properly. However, after the restart, I noticed that all my app settings were reset and any apps on my SD card were gone. I've removed and reinserted the SD card several times and no luck with the apps. All other bits of data like videos and photos are still there, but the apps on the SD card are gone.

Is there a way I could at least attempt to restore the SD card and my app settings, or am I screwed and have to reset everything? ;_;

Thanks for any help!

Relevant Advertising!

Old May 13th, 2016 (7:00 PM).
the [christmas] spirit of the fighter

Nature: Brave
It might be that the apps are tied to a given phone state, essentially if you reset, the apps on your SD card won't carry over to prevent licence issues and prevent app sharing. You'll probably have to go and redownload your apps. Apps on SD are funny.

on reduced activity
Old May 13th, 2016 (7:04 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
It might be that the apps are tied to a given phone state, essentially if you reset, the apps on your SD card won't carry over to prevent licence issues and prevent app sharing. You'll probably have to go and redownload your apps. Apps on SD are funny.
How about the app data resetting though? I had apps tied to the internal storage as well that had its data reset.
Old May 13th, 2016 (7:07 PM).
the [christmas] spirit of the fighter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
How about the app data resetting though? I had apps tied to the internal storage as well that had its data reset.
I'm not sure on that one, but I know that app data is picky. If anything, if your phone is rooted, purchase a Titanium Backup license on the Play Store. It can back up and restore apps and their data very nicely

on reduced activity
Old May 14th, 2016 (8:20 AM).
love live/Final Fantasy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
Alright, so earlier today I had to restart my Moto G3 because it wasn't functioning properly. However, after the restart, I noticed that all my app settings were reset and any apps on my SD card were gone. I've removed and reinserted the SD card several times and no luck with the apps. All other bits of data like videos and photos are still there, but the apps on the SD card are gone.

Is there a way I could at least attempt to restore the SD card and my app settings, or am I screwed and have to reset everything? ;_;

Thanks for any help!
if you do have a removable SD card you could get an adapter if your computer doesnt have a integrated micro sd card reader and download a utility called testdisk there is a chance u can copy the data that was deleted
Old May 15th, 2016 (4:04 PM).

Well I went ahead and reset my phone by wiping it, and just reinstalled my apps as necessary. In addition, I properly got the device to work with ADB (it previously didn't for some reason) and used root to set the default install location of apps that qualify to the SD card so that I wouldn't have to consistently manually move them.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links