• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suzume tries some spriting

Suzume

Fire Fist
Years
  • Recently I've started to sprite a little for my own fun. First I just wanted to sprite some of my fakemon, but recently I've done some revamping too. Tell me what you think! ^^

Scratches:

V.2:

Mawile pre-evo, 'Mawley'. These are the first sprites I ever made, and now I realize that the light source isn't where it's supposed be. I'll fix it some day. :P

The dragon-type eeveelution. I know it's supposed to be facing to the left, but I just ignored that rule while making this. :P
    V.2:

Misdream, the pre-evolution of Misdreavus.
    V.2:

Zangoose pre-evo, at the moment called 'Tengoose' (teddy + mongoose) but can change if I think of something better.

Revamps:

^My first revamp. (R/B -> D/P)

Devamps:

Other stuff:

Christmas Manene (Mime jr.). :3

Two recolors with the same color.

Normal-type Breloom. It still looks a little like a fighting type though. :/

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    Great sprites :D
    I REALLY LIKE the Chistmas Manene( should be Mime jr.)
    and Mawley!!!
    Hope to see more sprites from you :)

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
  • You need to blend the colors better on the Christmas Manene. Other than that, your sprites are really good. I'm guessing you're a bit experienced?

Anyway, may I use your Mawlie in my game?
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=137545
    Thanks~ Though I'm not sure what you mean by blending the colors better, sorry. ^^" I don't know if I would call myself experienced, since I haven't done any other sprites besides these, but at least I'm improving. :P Sure, you can use it, it would be cool to see it in a game! :D I'll try to scratch some more of my fakemon too (they're all pre-evos or 'crossbreeds', you can see them in my art thread) so you can check if you have any use for them. :3 I made the Mawley sprites for a contest, and also made some stats for it:
    Spoiler:

You can change them too, if you want. ^^
    Great work and please keep it up. I know you're an advanced spriter since you can make both excellent front and back sprites.
    Thank you! :) I'll try to do some more in the future~

Wow, another great spriter. Your Mawley looks so good.
    Keep up the good work!!
    Thanks! ^^
    Great sprites :D
    I REALLY LIKE the Chistmas Manene( should be Mime jr.)
    and Mawley!!!
    Hope to see more sprites from you :)
    Thanks to you,too~ I know it's Mime jr. , I'm just using its Japanese name more for some reason. ;)

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
  • Sorry for double posting, but I just made a new sprite~

It's Misdream, the pre-evolution of Misdreavus. There's still something bothering me in its face, but I'm not sure what... The lower lines of its eyes are so black because it's supposed to have a little black on the sides of its eyes, like Misdreavus has. I wouldn't say that this is a complete scratch, because I just resized my drawing of Misdream and used it as the base. ;)

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • It's so true what HoF said, you have tha skill ;p. By picking the right colors I think he meant that your original fake (dragon evveelution) has contrasting colors which sometimes doesn't look good, soon you'll get to choose the right colors for your sprites as you get more experient =3.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • Awesome sprits, if you keep practicing your bound to get the hang of things.
    I wish I could do this sort of thing, but I love looking at other peoples work and seeing how awesome they are. Yours are in the awesome section. =)

Keep the great work up!

Crissy xX

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    I love your Misdream!!
    Maybe you should give it another name( to sound more like a baby)
    Can't wait to see more :)

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
  • Thanks for all of your comments! <3
    I love your Misdream!!
    Maybe you should give it another name( to sound more like a baby)
    Can't wait to see more :)
    The name isn't actually made by me, it was suggested on DA. But I'm already pretty happy with it, so I don't know if I'll change it.

Here's a new one I made:

In the end I didn't use anything as a base, which is why something about the pose still bothers me... And I don't like the shading in some parts, but meh, at least it's done. ^^ I tried to make it transparent, but for some weird reasons it always left some transparent dots all over it, so I gave up. It's a Zangoose pre-evo, by the way. :P

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Thanks for all of your comments! <3

The name isn't actually made by me, it was suggested on DA. But I'm already pretty happy with it, so I don't know if I'll change it.

Here's a new one I made:

In the end I didn't use anything as a base, which is why something about the pose still bothers me... And I don't like the shading in some parts, but meh, at least it's done. ^^ I tried to make it transparent, but for some weird reasons it always left some transparent dots all over it, so I gave up. It's a Zangoose pre-evo, by the way. :P

Glad to see your new sprites again, they look awesome! The sprites of "Misdream" is excellent as well, but well, Crazyboy99 is right and I do think you may need to figure out a better name for this pokemon. Perhaps Moose can help you out, and I'm sure he's capable of coming out with appropriate names for any Pokemon.

Years
  • The Zangoose pre-evo is ADORABLE!
    And the Christmas Mime Jr is probably my most favorite art I've ever seen on here. Mime Jr. is my favorite. <3

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Really love the revamps (Y)

The pre evos are really good as well, nice solid designs and sprites.

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
  • Thanks for your support! <3 I'm all open to name suggestions, because I'm terrible with making up names. ^^

I redid some pre-evos based on critique I got on Serebii:

Nothing big with Tengoose, made the shading little darker, moved the head a little and edited the right eye.

My God, I didn't remember how terrible the shading was with Mawley. I knew it was bad, but THAT bad? x__X I desperately tried to fix it, and maybe even had a somewhat success? :)

Aaand some other stuff:

Charizard revamp (Yellow -> D/P)

Meganium devamp (D/P -> Silver)

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    That Devamp is delicious. So good I almost mistook it as the original and thought you had revamped it.

The Charizard is top notch too! Please keep it up!

Arukas

ラドクリフ
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2010
    These are actually pretty cool, Mind if i use one in a sig?

I'll be sure to give you credit for the sprite ^_^

Back