• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dark Pokemon Energy / Road to the Pokemon League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    RP has started!
    CURRENT DAY: 7
    Thread run by: Dark Mike & Scarecrow1113
    Rating: PG-13 (Minor Violence References)

Please be aware that this thread is run by:
    Dark Mike & Scarecrow1113

Thank you to everyone who has taken part so far and thanks for your support.
    Thank you to those who have signed up. Even if your sign up was declined, your input is appreciated.
    If you have any questions read the post below.
    If your questions are not answered, please feel free to PM me.

Sorry but sign ups are currently closed. PM me if you wish to discuss this further.

Pokemon listings are now in the Out of Character thread.

OOC THREAD is in the Pokemon Roleplay Lounge
    Direct Link here!

DO NOT POST ANY OOC POSTS IN THIS THREAD EXCEPT FOR SIGN UPS!
    If sign ups are closed and you're interested in joining, PM me.
    DO NOT post in this thread for ANY OTHER REASON.​

Failure to comply with the rules of this RP WILL result in you being kicked from the RP and your character edited out of the storyline.
    The rules are in force to maximize the enjoyment of others in the RP.
    You have been warned.

----------------------- A SMALL INTRODUCTION -----------------------

My name is Michael, or Mike. I have always been a fan of the pokemon series since it first hit the UK when i was about 11 years old. (I am now 21). Which is pretty much for half of my life. I have always written fan fictions and roleplay stories for other series such as Dragonball etc, However I would like to propel a story through the world of Pokémon for the first time, and perhaps capture your imagination and have you join and keep the plot going. It can have an ending... or it could go on forever... It all depends on what happens within the story!!​

----------------------- ROLEPLAY AND GENERAL STORY BORDERLINE -----------------------

This story will begin set in Kanto. The reason for this is because I believe Kanto to be the original, (and best) region and the best setting. The Gym leaders will almost remain the same as the original series. Perhaps with minor changes.
    Gym leader listings can be found in the OOC thread.
    Direct Link to the OOC thread here!

(Except for the 8th gym, as Team Rocket will NOT play a part in this story)

You can choose from 2 Pokemon Experience levels. Depending on how you want to play your character.
    You can play an Rookie trainer, who will receive their first pokemon from prof. oak!
    Or an experienced trainer, who's pokemon may (or may not) have already evolved into the 2nd stage of evolution (Depending on the given Poké.. ASK ME FIRST )​

You will start your story, make your friends within Prof Oaks lab and speak with people in the village of Kanto. From there you can start to make your journeys around kanto collecting badges and capturing pokemon. Head in the main direction of the general kanto story, but don't follow the rules of the game (example: surfing and cutting down trees..)
    just look at the game and the anime in a whole.. remember where and how the places are, and how long it'd take to get there..
    Start in Pallet with your first pokemon and head towards Viridian.​

Everynow and then, I will roleplay my character (appearing randomly here and there and challenging you to a battle) and i will also be roleplaying a dark group of people who will try to steal your pokemon and other things... (You and your friends must overcome these mysterious folk, try to work out who they are and what they are doing all over kanto) You can simply defeat these 'minions' of the dark organization by beating them with your pokemon! But be creative. You'll know what pokemon they have. Struggle, fight together with your friends and let's see what you can do! The more creative you are within your posts, the better your pokemon will become.
    If you have any questions feel free to ask
    ------​

----------------------- STORY -----------------------

It's just turned summer in the region of kanto and a whole batch of new trainers are heading down to visit Prof Oaks lab to collect their first pokemon and start out on their adventure!​

Reports of Dark Pokemon being stolen all over kanto are rising each week!

A large delivery truck, carrying many pokeballs and poke-eggs enters pallet town, driving slowly down the small roads. Sat next to the truck driver is a scientist named Dr. Marley. With her head sticking out of the window and her hair blowing in the wind, she has a smile on her face.​

But the smile was soon wiped off... An explosion up ahaead caused a massive gap in the road, and the truck screeched to a halt. Dr. Marley jumped out of the truck and looked towards the rear of the vehicle and noticed a group of people dressed in dark clothing running away with some of the pokeballs... Theives. Marley ran to the back of the truck and noticed that the theives had only stolen Dark type pokemon...​

At the lab, A group of trainers who started 2 months ago are already there speaking to the prof about their progress in training their pokemon as one of the individual notices a poster on the wall. It reads "POKEMON LEAGUE!"...​

(Please be aware of this; The story has been ongoing for a while now and trainers have already left the lab with their pokemon.
    New comers will simply repeat the process as late comers)

----------------------- Your Starter Pokemon will consist of:-----------------------
    Starter pokemon from all games, aswell as SOME pokemon that prof Oak has received recently as eggs(in the story). As listed below:
    (Note: The number indicates the amount of pokemon available in stock, if the pokemon has its name in RED it is no longer available. This first post will be edited and updated when possible.)
    Secret: One of these pokemon is a predetermined shiny pokemon! Your starter may be a shiny pokemon!

!! Wild Cards !! 2
    [You can suggest a wild card, But typically, A wild card starter pokemon could be one of the pokemon listen below! Or another pokemon that I will select as the RP starts. Depending on different things :) We'll see. ASK ME VIA PM OR YOUR SIGN UP WILL BE REJECTED!]

Water Type

Squirtle 1
    Totodile 1
    Mudkip 1
    Piplup 1
    Psyduck 1
    Slowpoke 1
    Poliwag 1​

Grass Type

Bulbasaur 1
    Chikorita 1
    Treecko 1
    Turtwig 1
    Bellsprout 2
    Oddish 2​

Fire Type

Charmander 1
    Torchic 1
    Chimchar 1
    Magby 2​

Electric Type

Pikachu 2
    Magnemite 1
    Pachirisu 1​

Normal Type

Zigzagoon 1
    Igglybuff 1​

Flying Type

Pidgey 2
    Spearow 2
    Tailow 1

Dark Type

--ALL STOLEN--

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Required to join:
    1) READ THE RULES [I cannot stress this enough, If you do not read/play by the rules you won't be accepted/you'll be removed from the RP.
    2) Please post a description of your character. I would like atleast two paragraphs explaining your characters personality. And two paragraphs explaining where your character comes from.. what you have accomplished, if anything... etc. And please choose the pokemon you wish to choose as your starter from the list above.
    3) You have the option to choose from a Rookie trainer or a more Experienced Trainer (The 2nd option means you've been using your pokemon for a few months and have caught 2nd pokemon. Usually you have been doing research for prof. oak so you havent travelled too far.)​

Character Name:
    Experience: Rookie/Better
    Pokemon Nickname:
    Personality:
    Appearance:
    History:
    RP Example:​

----RULES - READ OR BE DECLINED!----
    There isnt that much to read. Just quickly read through them so you're fimiliar with the rules!

1) No breaking the rules ;) If you do, you'll be removed. Simple as. Dark Mike and Scarecrow1113's words are FINAL
    2) Try to be as active as possible! - Going missing for too long could have your character removed from the RP. This has occured twice so far.
    3) Once the RP has started. Post OOC posts in the OOC thread only. (Other than a sign up post)
    4) Try to use proper grammar and spelling. (I understand some people have difficulty with this and if you explain beforehand it will be taken into account - everyone should get a chance!)
    5) Follow the 'proper' RP rules. No god-like activity and Bunnying of any kind without permission. Follow the general forum rules!
    6) Copy and paste 'I HaVe ReAd' at the end of your Sign Up form.
    7) Understand that I will be playing 2 roles. The role of my character and the role of the RP(game) master. I can, and will, 'spawn' opponents that will challenge and face you. You must not ignore these challenges and include them somewhere in your posts.
    8) Your pokemon are NOT invincible. They can lose and they will lose. Remember this.
    9) No encountering or receiving out-of-place pokemon without permission of the RP master. You cannot receive pokemon for free or via trades without permission from the RP master. NO legendary OR shiny pokemon encounters in your posts, OR in your history! At all. (unless it's of my doing - You may come across a shiny pokemon oneday but that is down to the RP master)
    10) ABSOLOUTLEY NO FLAMING!! If you disagree with something that has happened, PM me.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW TO (+ tips)

Basically, write your story. You'll begin in Oaks lab in Pallet town, read the introduction story (which will start the RP) and respond to it. Act from it. Read other RPers posts.. find out where they are, what they're doing... and you might even ignore them completely. :P
    Talk to other RPers in the OOC thread if you get stuck. You can find a link at the top of this post.​

Reviews
    I will review your posts and explain anything that you may have found or anything special that may have occured to you that you can involve during your posts. Pokemon may also learn moves in these reviews. Pokemon capturing will be explained below.​

Battling Eachother!! If this should occur... (PM one another or discuss it in the OOC thread.. if one of you wants to win and the other doesnt mind losing.. discuss who will write it up and talk about what moves your pokemon will use in the other persons post..)
    If you cannot come to an agreement. I will decide on a winner (based on the the individuals performance in previous RP or by pokemon types. Or just random choice...)​

Capturing Pokemon
    The stronger the Poke, the more magnificent the battle must be. I want to read an epic story if you're capturing something like tyranitar or Dragonair... But if you're capturing a caterpie, well you get the general idea.
    Wait for me to review your post. I'll tell you wether the pokemon broke free or not.​

Your character
    Can be ANYTHING you want it to be.
    The general "My parents are dead and i'm out for revenge" will just get your sign up declined.
    Be original.
    Everything, all in all, is fine.
    But it needs to be justified. Why is your character Silly? Angry? Tired all the time? Whatever.. Just explain it!!​

[More to come and rules may change, Any questions?]​

RP has started!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Sign Up​

Character Name: Mijaan
    Experience: Rookie
    Starter Pokemon: Eevee
    Pokemon Nickname: none
    Personality:
    Mijaan is an all around nice guy. He is happy when he is spending time with pokemon. Focused and determined when battling against someone. He has a relatively cool temper but he can become very competetive in certain situations, and has been known to lose it. He loves to sleep, pulling his hood up over his head and sleeping underneath trees.
    He likes to spend time quietly contemplating strategies for future battles. He has specific rivalrys which ignite his true competetive streak. (more to come)

Appearance: Mijaan is quite short for his age,and wears a black hoody, with blue cuffs and black shorts. His long black hair is what makes him stand out, though from behind many mistake him for a girl, which annoys him... He has blue eyes and has a red backpack over his shoulders. He used to wear a hat all the time when he was younger, but he lost his favorite hat and refuses to wear another one. (would write more but too lazy atm)

History: Mijaan grew up in Kanto. His family often took boat trips from Kanto to the safari zone, to visit Chris and his mother and father, Who were great friends of the family. Chris and Mijaan became best friends and often wrote to eachother about things that happened in their lives. Whenever they were together, they would have pretend pokemon battles with imaginary pokemon and argue over what was happening. Eventually though, Mijaan's father took ill and could no longer take them on holiday via the boat. This angered Mijaan for many reasons but he kept that inside, he did not want to upset his father. The weeks went by and mijaan's father got better, but he never took to the seas again. The doctor had told him that the sea air was making him ill and he shouldnt travel by boat on such long journeys anymore.
    One day, however, Chris and Mij met again in Kanto. Chris had come all the way there to get his very own pokemon and Mij was furious! Why could Chris get a pokemon but not him? He immediatley confronted professor oak and his parents about the matter! Eventually, Oak announced a pokemon trainers meeting! For new trainers. And Mijaan planned to attend!​

Last edited:

PokePhil101

Eevee Master
    Years
  • hi im intrested in participating in this Rp ive never done any before so if thats a problem plz tell me and ill be starting my intro post now id like to take Houndour if possible. also do i have to be all friendly in the Rp or can my character be kind of a Douche ? xD plz just let me know so i can start my intro post ^^ thx.

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    I'll soon put up a sign up form. And yes i'll take poke reservations but they'll only last 48 hours from when the Sign Ups are launched. (if that makes sense)

I'll be editing the main post with more info later on... keep an eye out.

It shouldnt be too long.

Pokephil101, the main post will soon contain all the information you need. Please be patient. The RP has not yet started. :)

PokePhil101

Eevee Master
    Years
  • ok sounds good ^^ thx but is it ok if my guy turnz out to be somewhat of a douche ? thats how i am inreal life when i meet new people so .. ^^ if not its ok ill be a nice little angel.

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    ok sounds good ^^ thx but is it ok if my guy turnz out to be somewhat of a douche ? thats how i am inreal life when i meet new people so .. ^^ if not its ok ill be a nice little angel.
    PokePhil101 please read the first post in the thread. But why roleplay yourself? Wouldnt it be nicer to create a character in a completely new world to explore different situations with?
    Well.. anyway..
    Maybe try filling out a Sign Up form?
    Thanks, Mike

Last edited:

PokePhil101

Eevee Master
    Years
  • Character Name: Kuuran
    Experience:Rookie
    Starter Pokemon: Houndour
    Pokemon Nickname: none
    Personality:
    Kuuran is an overall Hot head. His only mono.. Win! He really only likes Pokemon that are known to be strong. Wishing that one day he might also have his own Strong Pokemon. He Knows alot about Dark/Psychic type pokemons due to his natural habbits of always sleeping in caves or anywhere pitch black.

Appearance:
    Kuuran Likes to feel like a shadow makes it easier to steal.Always whit his Black Sweater whit his hood on over his black straight hair thats always in his eyes and then stops at the peek of the nose.People always said he had something to hide so he makes it look so whit his layed back stance ripped up black jeans and his poor excuse for COOl running shoes.

History:
    . Leaving home at the age of 16 after a big argument whit his parents Kuuran made it all the way to Vermilion City where he then started to steal food and money of the town people. After a couple of weeks emtying poor innocent people's pockets Kuuran got arrested by officer Jenny. Sentanced to spend 3 years in juvy hall Kuuran was depressed and wishing he had a pokemon of his own to beat everyone and keep all of them away . He was lyed to his whole life , due to that Kuuran has never trusted anyone .

3 years had passed Kuuran was released and sent back to pallet town where he was to be within the new groop of Junior Trainers to get their first partners and start their own pokemon journey.

(plz let me know if i need to fix something like i said this is the first Rp ever for me ^^ )

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    PokePhil101, Edit your post.

I'd like to see abit more description in Appearance, Personality and History.

Why was Kuuran lied to his whole life? How does he know alot about Dark and Psychic pokemon? Also, write your posts in Microsoft Word or a similar word processor and try using a spellchecker tool. Then COPY and PASTE your posts into the forum. That might help fix your many spelling mistakes.

Also note that Houndour was the only 'DARK' type pokemon that has not been stolen by the theives who ambushed Oaks delivery truck. Taking this pokemon will be an incredible responsibility because the theives will want to take it from your character.

PokePhil101 Reviewed:

Appearance, Personality and History - Add more.
    An RP example is missing from your sign up.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    This seems like it could be fun...

Character Name: Reegn
    Age: Reegn is always changing what he tells people his age is, but he usually says 15-18.

Starter Pokemon: Voltorb
    Pokemon Nickname: Orbit

Personality: The way Reegn acts towards people is very eradic. He will sometimes completely avoid them, and other times he'll try to catch their attention in the showiest way possible. His nature is quite lively, but the moment he does something awkward, or something he thinks is awkward, then Reegn retreats back to an almost completely silent alter ego and shuns others away. This usually worsens matters, but Reegn doesn't really care because he's so frazzled by this point. This combination of ups and downs in Reegn's personality also carries on to how he deals with problems. At times he will completely ignor them, and others he'll aggressivly pursue a solution, no matter the costs. This eradic behavior makes Reegn very unpredictable, and can make some people feel nervous as to how he will act next. Gloomy? Furious? Bubbling with joy? Or just plain different? Not only does Reegn have difficulty being consistent, but he also refuses to give out any personal information. In fact, Reegn isn't his real name at all, but an alias. As to why he is so secretive, there is no real reason for it. Reegn just got up one day and decided that he wouldn't give out his real name or any other information.

Appearance: Reegn has naturally dark skin, but it has become more of a sickly brown-grey from lack of sun exposure. However, this isn't too noticeable because of Reegn's clothing. He usually sports a bright, lime green t-shirt, but it is almost completely covered by a bulky, over large jacket that is a dark shade of blue. The jacket falls far past his waist, which is adorned by a noticable, thick belt that is the deepest shade of black possible. This is because of Reegn's cargo pants, which look several sizes too large and completely cover up his shoes. To add to things, the pants are a brilliant shade of white that quickly draws attention. Quite the opposite of Reegn's noticable clothes, his eyes are a bland shade of brown and his hair is a dull, listless black. Reegn's hair is cut short, but also thick and messy.

History: Reegn moved to Pallet from Saffron quite recently. His parents are still selling his old house, and so Reegn is living with his uncle at the edge of town. Reegn has no siblings, but had many friends back in Saffron. He was friends with varying types of people, and more often than not he couldn't be seen with one group of friends in front of another. Jocks, goths, geeks, rich kids, you name it, Reegn knew at least some people from that social group. Because of this diversity, Reegn can't even remember his real personality. He recalls that when he was younger he acted a certain way, but now he has no idea how he is "supposed" to act. Now that he's in Pallet, Reegn is determined to sort things out and find who he is again, even if he might not like it.

RP Example:

Reegn continued to gaze off into the distance, far over the hills at the edge of his view. He could barely stay awake at this point, but he couldn't give up now. After deciding to not even sleep before going to Oak's lab, Reegn had made his way to the very edge of town to do nothing but walk, while the darkness slowly changed into a weak, but growing, light. Breathing in the earthy scents, and feeling the frost-hardened grass under his feet made Reegn feel like he could stay up forever, and never sleep again once he got his pokemon. Of course, that was several hours ago. Now he was leaning against an ancient, healthy tree that seemed to represent the closeness to nature and serenity that Pallet embodied. He fought hard to open his eyes once again. Can't fall asleep. Reegn slowly got up, leaving an indent in the taller-than-normal grass that was common around Pallet. He could only stare off into the distance for so long without starting to actually think. Reegn hated "real-thinking". It made him worry about things, and remember times that he had embarrassed himself or how he had failed at something. It was so much easier to deal with things as they came, forget the past and leave the future be until it becomes the present. That was Reegn's motto. Until he changes his mind, again. Setting a brisk pace to try and wake up, Reegn jogged along the edge of town, empting his mind of everything but the pounding of his feet and the sound of his breath. He'd soon feel awake. Or collapse, either one. It wouldn't matter too much, probably. Reegn quickly caught himself before he started thinking about things again. He hadn't really thought for himself in a while, and he still had to get used to it. Step. Step. Breath. Step. Step. Step. Breath. Step. That was better. Reegn looked at the conifer trees to his right, away from the small group of houses that comprised Pallet. The trees were nicer on the eyes. It would be a relief to go on a trip around the region with a pokemon, and just learn how to think. But not yet. For now, just run. Reegn's legs were starting to warm up, and he could feel his eyes beginning to open. He ran faster, and faster, and faster. The wind was now rushing towards Reegn, or, rather, he towards it, but it felt like it was the other way around. Oak's lab was in sight now, but Reegn veered sharply in the other direction, towards the trees. After all, Reegn thought it better to be late than early. Or was it? Oh well, he'd get there when he'd get there. Step. Step. Breath. Step. Step. Step. Breath. Step.

I HaVe ReAd
    I HaVe ReAd

Last edited:

King!

better
    Years
  • Okay then, reserve me........either Tailow or Staryu, if someone wants one I'll take the other! Thanks!

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Reviews (Click Show Content!)

Mr. Person,
    Spoiler:

King900000,
    Spoiler:

Pokephil101,
    Spoiler:

Dawn's Hat,
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2009
    Character Name: Chris
    Starter Pokemon: Growlithe
    Pokemon Nickname: Arkie
    Personality: Chris is good natured. He acts quite friendly back towards people that are friendly towards him in the first place, but approaches each situation with caution. He is dedicated to his goal of becoming a Pokemon Master and will stop at nothing to acheive it. His will is strong and his dedication is usually the key to his success. He (will - when he gets it) places great faith in his pokemon, he feels that they are his friends and loyal companions. He trusts them with his life and they tend to respond the same.

Appearance: Chris has brown hair, and brown eyes. He is about 5ft tall. Although some may disagree, most people say chris looks 18. This is because of his long black leather jacket and black coat, which make him look atleast a year or two older than he actually is. He wears a belt around his waist which carries his pokeballs. (more to come)

History: Chris was born in Fuschia City. His parents worked at the safari zone there and he often helped with day to day activites like feeding and handling the pokemon. His parents didnt own their own pokemon, as they worked at the Zone had no time to look after their own pokemon. As he grew up, his dreams grew bigger, But eventually he was employed at the safari zone, following in his fathers footsteps. Chris pestered his parents to let him have a pokemon but he knew he didnt have time to persue his dreams of become a pokemon master. He instead, worked with his family looking after the pokemon there. Until one day Professor Oak paid a visit to the Safari zone. He had come to look for a pokemon that he believed had somehow migrated into the Safari Zone from other locations, after hearing reports from his researchers. Oak spoke with chris and asked him if he'd seen the pokemon. Showing him a picture on the 'Pokedex', but chris had not seen it. This was a strange black pokemon he had never seen before named Mightyena. Oak stayed at Fuschia city for quite some time, researching and hunting for new pokemon. When he was due to leave, chris wanted to leave with him and start his own pokemon adventure. Oak spoke with his parents and eventually they agreed to let him go off with Oak to Pallet Town to obtain his own pokemon.

RP Example: (Mike. You're sat behind me and you say i don't need to put up an example because you'll be helping me with my posts!)

I HaVe ReAd

Last edited:

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Please remember, Don't start posting yet as the RP has not started yet. Just post sign ups. Direct any questions to the OOC thread please!
    The RP will start when 4 characters have been accepted!

Activity:

Chris Obtained a Growlithe from Oaks Lab!
    058.png

Name: Arkie​

Reviews
    (Click Show Content!)
    Chris515
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Darkaoz

Compulsive Procrastinator
    Years
  • Character Name: Kaleb (Kale) Meteora
    Experience: Better
    Starter Pokemon: Pikachu (Yes I'm that old school)
    Pokemon Nickname: (Well I've never nicknamed my pokemon before. Um...I'll stick with the classics.) Sparky (That's ironically my cats name)
    Personality: Kale has always been fascinated in the development of Pokemon. Also, he's just beginning to be interested in the League and collecting Badges. He finds that challenging his Pokemon as far as they can go is necessary for his Pokemon to become the greatest.
    Kale is quiet and has always had a tough time making friends with humans. He finds making friends with Pokemon is easier and more beneficial in the long run.
    Kale also likes to sketch/draw Pokemon a lot. He's rather good at it too, though he doesn't usually show anyone his sketches.
    In the area of trickery Kale surpasses brilliance. He's quite deceitful and rarely ever gets caught lying.
    Kale is also very modest. He never admits that everything he's done is great or even acknowledges it. He is very proud of himself, but modesty overcomes him when people praise him.
    Kale's past made him quite the strong and determined battler. Every night he thinks about his parents death and gets enraged. He almost thrives off of his anger.
    Lastly, Kale has a very protective side to him. If anyone attacks his honor or himself as a person he defends himself. Same goes for his Pokemon. This helps him keep a strong relationship with each of his Pokemon.
    Appearance: Kale has short, messy, light brown hair that almost hides his deep purple eyes. He's always wearing a dark blue, somewhat baggy sweatshirt and black, almost navy blue, pants. Under his sweatshirt is a loose fitting black T-shirt. He keeps his sweatshirt on though unless there's a very extreme heat. He also wears a one strap, black backpack that has a navy blue Pokeball insignia on it. Kale also has a small, Onyx (The Gem) necklace that he wears all the time.
    Kale stands at 5' 8" and weighs at least 125 pounds (He's quite scrawny).
    History: When Kale was five, he experienced an experience no one child should have to experience (Blah ><); his parents died, and he watched. His parents were quite irresponsible and accidently left their door unlocked one night. That same night, a group of robbers came in and started their heist. Kale's parents woke up and caught them, and as their escape, they burned down the house with a Houndoom and a Macargo.
    Kale sat in a corner and watched as his parents burned to death. Firefighters came in and got him out before he died. That memory is permanently carved into his mind though.
    Now, Kale's dreams are always nightmares, and he almost refuses to have a fire Pokemon. (My History is rather lacking, I know...But I can't think of anything else to add =/)
    RP Example(s):
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I HaVe ReAd

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Please remember, Don't start posting yet as the RP has not started yet. Just post sign ups. Direct any questions to the OOC thread please!
    The RP will start when 4 characters have been accepted!

Overall Activity:

Kaleb already owns a Pikachu,
    He received from Oaks Lab a month back!
    Kaleb is currently in Oaks Lab, after a Pokemon trainer meeting was called.
    025.png

Name: Sparky​

Reviews
    (Click Show Content!)

Darkoaz
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Character Name
    Lewis "Lew" Kirkbride

Experience
    Amateur

Starter Pokémon
    Pidgey

Pokémon Nickname
    None

Personality
    Since birth, Lew has been a nuisance. He is known in the town of Pallet for being a prankster, and is very unpopular with the local citizens. This doesn't mean that Lewis is a bad person, however, as he is very polite and talkative. Perhaps a bit too talkative at times, but people enjoy his company. Lewis is often calm, but if someone disagrees with him, or does something wrong, he is prone to do something about it, and has often gotten into quarrels and fights with classmates for petty reasons such as not giving the ball to him at sport, to protect a friend, or just proving that he is wrong about something. This is another trait of Lew's - he is very stubborn, and does not change his mind easily without a good reason.
    Lewis lacks intelligence, which sometimes annoys his teachers and parents. He is very cheeky in the classroom, often to show off to his friends, or simply just to wind the teachers up. With cheekiness comes over confidence, and Lewis is certainly full of that. He believes his skills to be a lot stronger than they actually are, and sometimes lies to get this point across, although some don't actually believe his fantasies. He regards what people think of him as quite high, and is very naïve because of this. He is often seen looking in a mirror, or ruffling through his hair with his fingers. He is not amazing at sport, but he isn't a weakling wither.
    Even though Lewis is annoying to some, his loyalty is second to none. He would never betray a friend, nor would he back down to help someone he respected. Due to this, Lew is quite popular among classmates (although the older generations don't approve of his pranks and cockiness). Lewis tries not to be nasty to anyone, but he feels compelled to do so at times to retain his status. However, Lew regrets this afterwards, and sometimes apologises the victim in private, afterwards. Overall, Lewis is a good friend and is very determined to succeed.

Appearance
    Lewis' height is slightly below average for his age, but this doesn't stop Lew from fighting with classmates that are much taller than him. He has thick, medium length blonde hair that is left to look scruffy on purpose, to show Lew's attitude, as well as looking fairly decent. His eyes are an ocean blue - which sometimes give the impression that Lewis is distant. Lewis wears contact lenses, although nobody knows this, an example of one of the things that Lewis keeps secret, in case it affects his status among his peers. On his cheeks, Lewis has freckles which have faded over the years. If you look closely enough, you can notice that dimples appear on Lewis' face when he smiles - even when it is only a brief smirk.
    Lewis' normal attire is a plain coloured t shirt, with a grunge design in the middle - an 'emo' style. Sometimes, Lew wears a hoody, in the winter months. These also sport a 'cool' design, mainly of a well known brand. Lewis loves jeans, and wears them everywhere he goes, unless he is participating in sport. His regular colour is different shades of blue, but does wear black jeans on some occasions. To complete the look, he wears plain, white trainers. These are slightly untidy, but it is unnoticeable unless you look quite closely. For long trips, Lew brings along a green backpack on his journey.

History
    Lewis started walking at 8 months, which was very early. His dad, Terence, worked as a scientist in Goldenrod City, while his mother stayed at home to look after Lewis, their only child. They then moved to Pallet Town when Lewis was four years old. Although Lew's dad worked with Pokémon all of Lewis' life, he had only just spoken to a Pokémon when he was ten, when he received a Rattata for his eleventh birthday (which he then named Raz). After that, Lew started a Pokémon journey, but it wasn't to be. Lewis could never defeat the first gym, no matter how hard he tried. After three months of constant disappointment, Lewis decided to release all of his Pokémon, besides his original Rattata, which stayed with Lewis at home. After four years, it was now a fully grown Raticate. Raz was a great friend to Lewis, and kept him feeling confident as he kept on losing to Brock's powerful Onyx.
    Now being fifteen years old, Lewis has an eight-year-old brother, called Josh, and a six-year-old sister, called Nina. He has spent years wasting time in school, often not doing any work. It wasn't that difficult for Lewis, but his short concentration span made him very unsuitable for school. After Lewis' first journey, he has always dreamed of going back out there with Raz, but he didn't have the courage to go out there again, in case he failed.
    Now four years later, in the summer, Lew has decided to go out there again. However, he has left his Raticate with his little brother, Josh, as he wants to get a new Pokémon from Professor Oak.

RP Sample
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I HaVe ReAd

Last edited:
    Years
  • Character Name: Shelby
    Starter Pokemon: Cyndaquil
    Pokemon Nickname: None

Personality:
    Shelby is quiet around people she doesn't know. Around people she does know, however, she's often pretty energetic and talkative. When someone gets her angry, she can get really fired up and mad. A lot of people like to hang around her because normally she's a pretty cool person, but they know not to get her angry. She also isn't really into girly stuff, so a lot of people would refer to her as a tomboy. Sometimes it bugs her because she doesn't feel like she's as classy as some of her old friends, but most of the time she's proud to be one.
    Sometimes people refer to her as sarcastic as well, because she always seems to be making some comment. She's also pretty good with comebacks. If she ever finds someone she likes, she always thinks she makes a fool out of herself and regrets talking to the person. She's also really bad at sports, so that's part of the reason a lot of kids never really play with her.

Appearance:
    Shelby has blue eyes. Her height is about 5'6". Some people call her short, but she thinks it's perfectly average for a girl. Her skin is a very pale color, and sometimes people say that she is her part albino. She didn't think it was her fault that she didn't really like to get out and go play sports, so she really couldn't care less about that.

Normally she wears a black jacket that zips up. The T-shirt under the jacket is normally either white or red. Red is her favorite color, so that is what it is most of the time. Her hair is brown, but it has a bit of blonde in it because she got highlights. She always wears blue jeans that are torn at the end because they're so long. They vary in color though, some of them are lighter than others. Her shoes are black on the outside with red leopard design on the tongue and they say Scarecrow on the side (it's her nickname). She has glasses but most of the time she wears contacts. The only real accessory she uses is a watch on her left wrist, a red and black bracelet on her right, and a hair tie because she always keeps her hair in a ponytail so it won't get in her face if the wind is blowing. The very last accessory she has is a necklace that she got from her best friend. She hasn't seen her friend in a while though, but she still wears it every day. It has a bunch of different patterns in it, and the back of it is a blue color.

She has a new backpack that she bought for her travels. It holds some of her personal items. The backpack is a shoulder bag, just a strap that she can easily slip on and off. It is a simple black color, with a few pouches to hold items. On the strap there are several hooks, which is where she plans to put her active Pokemon.

History:
    Shelby had grown up in a really small town all her life. She assumed that her parents were dead because she had never met them and had never found any proof that they existed, and she had no one to live with. Mostly she travelled around, which was fairly dangerous because she didn't have a Pokemon or anyone to look after her. The Kanto region caught her eye, so she decided to go there and live. She lived in the small town of Pallet for a while, and then she noticed something that caught her eye. It was something that stated Professor Oak was giving out Pokemon. Excited, she was ready to travel some more to new places with a Pokemon of her own.

RP Example:

#1: Tsuki looked out the window, feeling her limbs begin to ache and twitch. She felt the signs coming upon her, but she didn't want to go out in the woods just to shift again. Her parents were beginning to notice...she didn't want to tell them. How could she? If they knew, they would probably try to have her taken to be tested on for cures.

As she felt more restless, Tsuki got up and packed a small backpack of things she knew she would need in the morning. With a small tremble, she shouldered the backpack and scaled down the side of the window. Hopping to the ground, she ran off into the forest. Her muslces screamed and when she got into the woods, her shape exploded as fire burst from her back.

#2: The bubbling magma was the only noise heard. Typhlosion cracked an eye open and simply watched it bubble. He rubbed one of his paws over the scar across his eye and turned away from the magma. His mind began to drift off as he thought of the day his trainer left him.

He was playfully battling another Pokemon, under the orders of his trainer. Suddenly a band of people came and talked to his trainer. Typhlosion simply watched, confused. His trainer walked back over to him and looked at him a little sadly.

"..." His trainer looked at Typhlosion and then looked to the ground. "Pokemon are trying...to take over."

Typhlosion cocked its head to the side in confusion, trying to understand why that was so important. He also wanted to know why his trainer was so sad.
    "I have to hand you over, buddy...it's for the good of our kind."

And suddenly, Typhlosion understood. His trainer was giving him away to work or be destroyed by more trainers. With a growl, the flames on Typhlosion's back flared to life. The man standing behind his trainer let out a shout, and ran over with some more people. Typhlosion growled loudly, dropping down on all fours and then using a charging flame wheel attack on the people.

Then there was a sharp crack. Pain exploded from Typhlosion's face and across its eye. With a startled yelp, Typhlosion's flame wheel spewed out and it turned into some bushes. Typhlosion ran all the way to a waterfall before stopping and examining its face in the water.

A large bloody mark was going across his eye. Luckily he was doing the flame wheel, so the eye itself hadn't been damaged. Typhlosion lightly rubbed the blood off and sat down. He thought of his trainer sadly, before his resolve hardened. He was going to help the Pokemon rebel, that much he knew.

Typhlosion's eyes fluttered open again. He had heard a noise coming from outside the cave. A small growl escaped him, and he crept to the opening, slipping into the shadows to hide and wait.

Edited: Sorry, I have a bunch of RPs in a folder and I didn't realize I just copied it. All edited for you :)
    'I HaVe ReAd'

Last edited:

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Roleplay (this is not a proper RP post. It's just to set the thing rolling for you guys.)

DAY1 START
    It's morning... Mijaan, Lew, Chris, and Shelby, Along with some other pokemon trainers, were standing around waiting for Prof. Oak to finish his speech and give them each a pokemon. Kaleb was stood next to Oak, as one of his assistants, he had come to speak with the new trainers and give them some advice.
    "...They will become your friends, loyal companions and in the right hands, the most powerful pokemon! Here... You can all take one. But only ONE each!'
    Oak stepped to the side and pressed a small red button on the wall. The wall opened up a hidden storage container within the wall that contained different types of Pokemon.
    Mijaan ran up to get the first pick and quickly looked around. Oak just laughed and stepped out of the way.
    "Fire... Charmander... Cyndaquil... Water... Grass... No.. I can't decide..." He mumbled to himself as he saw the other trainers edging in closer... "Flying... No... that's not what I want... Electric.. Maybe a Magnemite... What? Eevee?" He quickly grabbed the pokeball labelled 'Eevee', since there was only one of them.
    Mijaan quickly turned towards Prof. Oak and grinned!
    "Now you can decide your pokemons type later!" Oak closed his eyes and smiled. "As eevee can evolve into many different types. Good choice Mij!"

Rp as much as you want during the first day, consider how much you'd be able to travel etc during 1 day of course. You can spread this over many posts if you like. Towards the end of your day, go to sleep somewhere and wait for day 2 to start. (Don't worry if day 2 starts before you finish day 1. just keep going, eventually get some sleep and wake up in day 2.)

Activity:

Mijaan Obtained an Eevee from Oaks Lab!
    133.png

Shelby Obtained a Cyndaquil from Oaks Lab!
    155.png

Lew Obtained a Pidgey from Oaks Lab!
    016.png

Reviews
    (Click Show Content!)

Scarecrow1113
    Spoiler:

Dawn's Hat
    Spoiler:

The RP has started. Read my post!
    Go!!

Last edited: