• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dark Pokemon Energy / Road to the Pokemon League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
  • I winced as the Pokeball opened again and the Spearow got out. Weak and injured, it tried to escape. But Beedrill quickly blocked its way.

This Spearow was strong-willed. Why take it from it? I sighed.

"Let it go, Beedrill," I sighed. Beedrill lowered its needles and flew to the side. The Spearow glanced at me weakly, and then flew off.

Beedrill flew up to me and looked at me curiously as if saying 'Why didn't you catch it?'

"It's a strong-willed Pokemon and probably likes to be wild," I explained. "Why take that will away?"

Beedrill nodded, understanding.

"Come on," I said, signaling with my hand for Beedrill to follow.

---

It wasn't long later when we reached the bottom of the hill. I was exhausted but Beedrill seemed fine. He was a fit Pokemon while I was… well, out of shape.

"Help!" I looked up quickly. A boy was running quickly with a light grey and black Pokemon at his side. I recognized it as a Poochyena. Behind him, two trainers dressed in dark cloaks chased him.

I got up and looked at Beedrill who was also watching. "We have to help him!" I shouted. As I ran up, I saw the boy trip and land on his face, his Poochyena licking his face, worriedly. The two trainers stopped and one took out a Pokeball, a grin spreading across his face.

"The Poochyena is ours!" he laughed.

"No," I shouted, running between the trainers and the boy. I knew them now – the two trainers were Dark trainers; they stole only Dark Pokemon and Poochyena was a Dark Pokemon. "You won't be getting his Pokemon!"

The two trainers laughed. The one holding the Pokeball looked at me, a sadistic grin on his face. "And you will stop us? I don't think so!" the trainer threw the Pokeball up and after a flash of a very bright light, an Espeon appeared. Despite its purple fur, it was covered in black armor and looked very angry.

I took out Grotle's Pokeball and threw it. After a flash of white light, my powerful, second-evolution Pokemon appeared.

"A Grotle?" the other trainer cocked his head. "How could a wimpy trainer like you come across a Pokemon like that?"

Grotle growled, angrily. The trainer backed up, but took a Pokeball off his belt.

"You can't take both of us!" he hissed, throwing the Pokeball into the air. After an explosion of bright light, a Starmie in dark armor appeared.

Suddenly, the trainer from behind came up beside me, his Poochyena close to his pant leg. "She doesn't have to!" he said, taking a Pokeball off his belt and throwing it. After a bright light, a reddish Pokemon with a tan fur color appeared.

"Flare!" it shouted.

"Flareon, use Ember on the Espeon!" the boy shouted. The Flareon quickly opened its mouth and shot several flames at its cousin.

"Grotle, use Bullet Seed on the Starmie!" I commanded. Grotle opened his mouth and shot out several seeds. Both attacks collided with the Dark trainers' Pokemon, but they weren't done.

"Espeon and Starmie use Psybeam!" one trainer commanded. Both Pokemon got back onto their feet and faced Flareon and Grotle. The Espeon opened its mouth and shot a large, purple beam at the Flareon, while the Starmie shot the same beam from its diamond eye at Grotle.

"Dodge!" both of us shouted.

Flareon got out of the way quickly while Grotle was slowly. His tail was only hit by the beam and he grimaced. It was slightly charred now.

"Grotle, Body Slam!" I shouted. Grotle turned around and ran straight for the Starmie, colliding head on with the star-shaped Pokemon. The Starmie was knocked back with great force. "Use Bullet Seed now!"

Grotle opened his mouth again and shot out several seeds at the Starmie. A cloud of dust formed as the Starmie was quickly hit. Now, the dark Pokemon was down and out.

One of the trainers hissed and recalled it. Beside me, the Poochyena trainer had his Flareon attack the Espeon. The Espeon was quickly taken care of.

The other trainer recalled their Pokemon and he hissed angrily. "You two won't get away with this!" The two trainers turned tail and ran for it, but unknowingly dropped a bag. When they were gone, both of us went up to the bag. The Poochyena trainer took it and I reached inside. I felt something round and took it out. It was a Pokeball. The other trainer took out another Pokeball. There was only two in the bag. We looked at each other, then at the bag. It was labeled 'Babies.'

"What..?" I whispered. I held the Pokeball, but spoke, "Come out." The bottom half of the Pokeball opened and a small shape of a Pokemon appeared on the ground. When it cleared, a grayish-green Pokemon stood there, a bulb on its back. It looked around and started to cry.

"Whoa!" I said, kneeling down to it. I put my hand on its head and scratched it lovingly. "It's okay." I soothed. The tiny Bulbasaur purred and moved in closer to me, cuddling in my chest. It was just a baby – like the bag said.

I scooped it up in my arms and turned to the other trainer. "What's your name?" I asked the Poochyena trainer.

He looked up from the Pokeball. "Peter." He said.

"Peter," I repeated. "I'm Jess. It's nice to meet you." He nodded. "Do you know who those trainers were?"

"They were Dark trainers coming after my Poochyena." Peter explained.

"Ah," I nodded. "Peter," I spoke, changing the subject. "I think you should keep the Pokemon that's inside the Pokeball." I told him. He looked at me, curiously. "The Dark trainers won't give up from trying to steal your Poochyena. Train the baby Pokemon. I'll keep this one." I looked at the baby Bulbasaur who was looking at me with innocent and young eyes. I looked back to Peter. "Whatever Pokemon is, it can help you protect your Poochyena."

"I… you're right." He sighed. He took out another Pokeball and recalled his Poochyena. He placed it on his belt, and then looked back up to me. "Thank you Jess, you are a great trainer. Your Pokemon are strong too," He smiled, "I hope we meet again."

---

After going separate ways with Peter, I headed to the Pokemon Center. I had to recall both Beedrill and Grotle because my new baby Bulbasaur was scared of them. I had to keep soothing it because whenever it saw another Pokemon, it cried out. It trusted me. I think it thinks I'm its mom.

Once inside the Pokemon Center, I didn't go up to the counter, I went straight to the video monitors. Quickly dialing Professor Oak's number, his face came up on screen. He immediately looked at the Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur blinked and cocked his head to the side, then started to cry.

"It's alright," I soothed. Bulbasaur stopped almost immediately. "It's just a friend." Bulbasaur looked at me, then at the Professor.

"Where'd you get that Bulbasaur, Jess?" he asked me.

"A few Dark trainers attacked me and a boy called Peter. After a battle, they dropped a bag contained this little fella and another Pokemon, but Peter kept it." I told him.

Professor Oak nodded. "Ah," he sighed. "I see. The attacks are getting more frequent." Then he narrowed his eyes on the Bulbasaur. "It looks like a baby."

"He is." I said. "I had to return both Beedrill and Grotle before bringing him here."

The Professor blinked. "You caught a Beedrill?"

"It's the same Weedle I befriended a month ago. Now it's a Beedrill."

"Ah," the Professor nodded.

I smiled, looking at my baby Bulbasaur.

"Bul," he said, his tiny voice squeaky.

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Day 3 has begun!
    It's sun rise... and it's pouring it down with rain. It's going to rain all day today, which means it's not a good day to find your regular pokemon, who'll be sheltering from the rain.
    You will, however, find that near the river banks and ponds, Water pokemon are coming out to play in viridian city and pallet town.
    Poliwag, Goldeen, Horsea, Magikarp, the occasional Psyduck may be seen aswell.
    Something else of notice, A man spent all last night putting up this poster in Pallet Town, Viridian City, Viridian Forest and Pewter City!
    -------------------------------------------------
    MOUNT MOON POKEMON CHALLENGE!
    Think you're one of the best trainers in the area?
    Do you have the ability to take on powerful foes?
    Come to mount moon - Day 7 - and have the chance of gaining a very special Gym badge.
    More information available by calling this number...
    --------------------------------------------------
    Pewter City
    Main features:
    A GYM. With many training rooms.
    Pokemon Center, With a restaraunt, hotel and a poke mart all in 1 building.
    A pokemon spa. For relaxing your pokemon. Run by brock's family.
    A small park, where trainers gather to battle.
    A pokemon museum.

Lots of other buildings dotted around. It's not a busy city but its a large one.
    Wild pokemon
    On the outskirts of Pewter City you can find, Mankey, Nidoran M, Nidoran F, Pidgey, Spearow, Pidgeotto, Jigglypuff, Caterpie, Weedle, Kakuna, Metapod, Geodude. And in the ponds, Goldeen, Poliwag, Horsea and rarely the odd Psyduck.
    Dark Trainers!
    Pewter city has had no dark pokemon thefts recently, reports indicate this may be because they are avoiding confrontation with brock. Brock has driven them out of the city and wants to make Pewter as safe as possible. Perhaps its a safe haven from Dark trainers because they're scared to cross him?

Pewter City's Gym Leader

Brock

Badge Name: Boulder Badge
    Pokemon Type: Rock and Fire
    Battle Type: Single battle. 3 Pokemon. (read rules)
    Description: Experienced in his role of Gym leader. Brock won't be a easy opponent whatsoever. His pokemon are tougher than most other gym leaders, not recommended for beginner trainers! He has trained his pokemon to cover their Water and Grass weaknesses and they wont be out muscled either. Ninetails and Graveler are pretty fast too, so you wont be able to rely on superior speed. Maybe you'll have to find other ways of taking him out.
    Rules: 1 on 1 battle. 3 pokemon. each pokemon battles its opponent. The winner is determined and both pokemon are returned and cannot be used again. First person to win 2 battles is the overall winner. The idea behind this is to stretch the trainer's choices of pokemon and make sure they have trained more than 1 pokemon for the fight.
    Example: Onix vs Nidoran M. - then - Ninetails vs Umbreon - then - Graveller vs Nidoran F.
    Pokemon:

Onix - Graveller - Ninetails

Brock uses his pokemon in this order

Onix : Male
    Bind
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Fire Blast (be very suprised when Graveler pulls off Fire Blast. it's something that you arent supposed to expect!)

Graveler : Male
    Roll Out
    Earthquake
    Giga Drain (be very suprised when Graveler pulls off Giga drain. it's something that you arent supposed to expect!)
    Fire Blast

Ninetails : Female
    Fire Blast
    Rock Tomb
    Flame Thrower
    Take Down

Any questions? PM me or try the OOC thread.

Day 3, GO!

Reviews
    (Click Show Content!)

Royal
    Spoiler:

DAWN'S HAT end of day forced.

Lewis trained his pokemon but eventually went to sleep at the pokemon center. End of day 2.

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • The day remained long and hot as I traveled from the Viridian Pokemon Center to the Viridian Forest. I decided to skip the gym leader in this town – I didn't feel to ready for him. Plus, my Bulbasaur was probably too scared to even want to battle if my other two Pokemon lost their match.

I think it would be wise to teach Bulbasaur.

Arriving in the Viridian Forest, I was able to set my sights on a small Caterpie crawling along the ground. I set Bulbasaur on his feet and he turned to me, frantic.

"It's alright," I soothed. "That Pokemon's weak. You should be able to take him." Bulbasaur's bottom lip quivered and tears formed in his eyes before turning to face the Caterpie. "Alright Bulbasaur, use Tackle."

My baby Pokemon was still not sure what to do, but he quickly ran for the Caterpie. He closed his eyes as he knocked into the bug Pokemon and sent it flying into a tree. Opening his eyes, shocked, he turned to me. He looked completely amazed at what he just did.

"Yes Bulbasaur, like that!" I praised. A smile spread across Bulbasaur's face and he started to hop around on his feet. His eyes looked happy and it made me feel happy.

I quickly walked up him and scooped him up into my arms. He nuzzled against my chest and I started to pet him.

---

It wasn't long until it was very dark in the forest. Bulbasaur was shivering with fright and I looked around. I couldn't tell where to go next.

I sighed and sat down, placing Bulbasaur firmly on the ground.

"Bulba!" he protested.

"It's alright," I said, pulling both Grotle's and Beedrill's Pokeballs off my belt and throwing them into the air. When they appeared, they looked tired. "We'll rest here tonight." I told them. Grotle nodded and curled up. Beedrill found a nearby tree branch and curled up on it.

I walked over to Grotle and leaned my head on one of his grassy trees. I pulled a blanket out of my bag.

"Bulba," I heard my Pokemon whimper. He quickly crawled over to me and squeezed in between the blanket and placed his head on my chest. I smiled as he closed his eyes. He trusts me…

END OF DAY 2

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    ooc: sorry if this ruins any of your plans or anything Scarecrow but i have to do this! :)
    Mij day 3: The rest will be controlled by Scarecrow1113

Mijaan woke up quickly after having a terrible nightmare and Shelby was laying on the ground asleep. It was raining like crazy and shelby was getting wet through, but it was still dark. Mij quickly pulled a sheet and some string from his bag and got some sticks, he used it to create a small shelter from the rain so shelby didnt get completely soaked. She was still asleep and didnt look like she was waking up just yet. Mij wrote out a note and put it in her hand, saying "Just at the pond." before jogging up towards, yes, a pond not far from where they camped.
    'Water pokemon... Water pokemon.' Mij thought to himself 'Squirtle... Staryu... Gyarados! I remember Oak telling me rain should bring out some water pokemon!'
    Although he realised the pond was alot smaller than he first thought. He couldnt see any pokemon at all.

"Uhh... Hello?" Mij quietly said, he didnt want to wake shelby. The rain was bouncing off his jacket and running through his hair. He didnt mind, it wasnt that cold. He pulled out King's pokeball and threw it in the air. "Come out king!"

"Nido!" A small purple nidoran stood looking up at Mij. This was the first time they had come face to face as pokemon and trainer. It looked away asif to show disproval, but its spines on its back quickly stood on end as it saw something approaching from the water. It was ready to engage and began yelling. "Ran! NIDORAN!"

A small black spot appeared on the waters surface, almost asif the water itself had turned black. The rain was bouncing off the water and it quickly washed it away. But before long, a small, blue pokemon emerged from the water and lunged directly for King. He was hit directly by the small pokemons tackling lunge and rolled backwards a few times before stopping himself. He looked up and growled.

Mij went to take out his pokedex and tried to scan the pokemon, but is pokedex was still broken. 'DAMN! I forgot...' He'd realised what was wrong. 'That Alakazam... and that trainer.'

Through the rain, it was hard to see the pokemon properly so he decided to get a little closer, finally Mijaan figured it out. 'Horsea!' The pokemon cried as it fired a water gun at king. Powered up by the rain and water around it, horsea's water gun was enough to knock king flying once again. The relentless water gun pinned King against a tree and he couldnt move. Horsea didnt let up, it's water gun ability seemed almost endless and when it finally finished, King was almost done for. Mij quickly ran over to him and used a Potion to heal him, king was thankful to be healed but mij knew that king wasnt enough to take out this Horsea... "Return!" Haha.. return of the king.

Mij knew this horsea could be a powerful ally. "Umbreon!" he called out as he threw umbreons pokeball towards horsea. Umbreon instantly stood ready for battle. Horsea wasnt impressed with Umbreon at all and was determined to prove it couldnt be beaten. It used Bubble beam. Striking umbreon a few times, Umbreon was hurt slightly and knocked back some, but was soon quickly healed. It had used moon light without instruction.

"I didnt even know... you could use that move!" Mijaan looked on proudly as umbreon readied itself once more. "Alright umbreon. Quick attack!" And as quickly as mijaan said it, Umbreon struck Horsea and knocked it back a fair distance. "Follow it up with Faint attack!" And umbreon did just that, jumping straight through Horsea and knocking it flying towards the water. It lay on the ground put pulled itself back up and launched what seemed to be some kind of poison attack at Umbreon who was hit by the poison.
    "Was that toxic?" Mij looked on cautiously. "This horsea is something else..." Umbreon was poisioned but wasnt about to give up yet. It closed its eyes and somehow copied the poison over to Horsea. "What was that..?" Mijaan couldnt work out what was happening and before Mij could realise, Umbreon was struck with a powerful water gun attack. Umbreon grew tired of waiting for another command and quickly leaped towards Horsea and knocked it senseless with another quick attack. It then used faint attack to finish horsea off. Horsea was clearly tired out, poisoned and weak, it lay on the ground.

"...Wait!" Mijaan ran towards the injured horsea and Umbreon looked on confused. "Can't you see its hurt?" He said to Umbreon. Umbreon looked on at horsea and realised how injured it had gotten. "It was weak enough when you used quick attack umbreon. That faint attack was just one step too far!" Mijaan's angry tone upset umbreon and Mijaan fell to his knees. "I'm sorry... it's just... That dark trainer really got to me, when he hurt you." Umbreon smiled and rubbed his head agains Mij's. Suddenly the moon grew very bright and umbreon was looking at horsea. Somehow.. the purple poison patches on horsea were gone.
    "Alright Horsea." Mij called out as he dropped a pokeball to the ground and stood up. The pokeball shook for a while until horsea was captured. (Yes i can decide what i capture, you can't ner ner!)

"I don't have any more potions..." Mij looked down to umbreon and knelt beside him, stroking his ears. Horsea's pokeball rolled into Mij's hand. "We need to get through Viridian forest and get to pewter city as fast as we can, until then let's keep King and Horsea safe from harm." Umbreon nodded in reply as Mij once again climbed to his feet. Strapping the pokeball to himself, Umbreon and Mij went jogging back to their little camp to find Shelby still laid asleep and Mij curled up under the sheet with umbreon.. without getting too close to shelby. I mean, he didnt want her to be startled after all.
    The rain pattered on the sheet above them, the ground was soaking but the sleeping bags and blankets kept them from getting too wet. Today was definately gonna be a miserable day for weather. But a brilliant day for water pokemon!
    Before he fell asleep, Mij pulled the note from Shelby's hand and whispered something to umbreon. "Let's keep horsea a secret. That way, we have an advantage over Quilava!" He said excitedly as umbreon nodded. Umbreon yawned and curled up in Mij's arms, the glow from umbreons yellow circles radiated a small amount of heat keeping them all nice and warm... Mij drifted back to sleep and soon after, so did his dark eevee.
    What a strange night time adventure!

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • "Venasaur use Frenzy Plant!" I shouted. My large Bulbasaur evolution quickly nodded and focused. Suddenly, thousands of wild vines shot up from the ground and started to shoot at my opponent's Pokemon.

It was then I recognized where I was – I was in the Pokemon League fighting with my Pokemon.

My opponent's Poliwrath was quickly picked up by the many vines that shot out from the ground. They curled around the Poliwrath's hands, feet, and then around its chest.

"Poliwrath!" my opponent shouted. The vines started to squeeze the Pokemon.

"Drop it," I shouted to Venasaur. My Pokemon nodded and the vines wrapped around the Poliwrath quickly detached. The Poliwrath fell to the ground and didn't get up.

"It looks like Jess and her Venasaur defeated Matt and his Poliwrath!" the loudspeaker shouted, the echo ringing in my ears. "We have a champion!" The crowd went haywire as I watched my opponent recall his Poliwrath back to its Pokeball. The vines were already backing into the ground.

Matt stepped forward, and I did too. Venasaur looked at me, an excited smile on his face. I smiled back and walked up to the center of the arena.

"Great battle," Matt said putting out his hand. I took it and shook it.

"Yeah," I nodded. "You were strong."

"Not as strong as you," Matt confessed. "That Venasaur is one of the strongest Pokemon I have ever seen."

I smiled.

---

Opening my eyes, I realized that was just a dream. Quickly sitting up, I saw Grotle sitting down, calm with Bulbasaur sitting next to him, talking. I cocked my head. I wonder what they were talking about.

I took off my blanket and stuffed it back into my backpack. By then, my Pokemon had already noticed that I was awake. Beedrill buzzed happily in the air, Grotle whispered a 'good morning' (in Pokemon talk), and Bulbasaur ran up me, shouting, "Bulba, bulba!"

I bent down and scooped Bulbasaur up in my arms and as I did, I noticed it was drizzling. Quickly pulling my jacket on, I flipped my hood so I wouldn't get so wet.

I held Bulbasaur in one hand while I took out Grotle's Pokeball and recalled him. After placing the Pokeball on my belt, I looked at Beedrill.

"Can we get to Pewter City quick, Beedrill?" I asked. My bug Pokemon nodded and flew off. I ran after him, carefully holding Bulbasaur. His front feet were over my hands and he was looking around at the surroundings. He seemed to be a bit more confident now.

The rain started to get worse and worse as the trees pulled about. Beedrill stopped when the forest stopped and a cement path was seen. I smiled.

"Thanks Beedrill," I said taking out his Pokeball. "Return." Beedrill was engulfed in a red light, and then was sucked into his Pokeball.

As I put it on my belt, I realized it was pouring already. I sighed. "Ready, Bulbasaur?" I asked. My Pokemon nodded quickly.

I drew in a deep breath, and then ran across the cement path and to a large city. I saw a Pokemon Center and quickly entered it. I placed Bulbasaur on the ground and shivered from the cold rain. Bulbasaur shook his body, excess water flying off him. Then, his stomach growled.

I looked at him. "You hungry?" I asked.

"Bulba," Bulbasaur said nodding.

"Alright," I smiled. "Come on." Bulbasaur followed me as I entered a Pokemon/Trainer restaurant connected to the Pokemon Center. I took a small section and took a seat. Bulbasaur jumped up on another chair, then up onto the table. I took out both Grotle's and Beedrill's Pokeballs.

"Come out," I shouted, throwing them lightly. In a flash of white light, my two Pokemon appeared. They turned to me. "Are you guys hungry?" They nodded. "Alright."

After ordering food for both me and my Pokemon and paying the bill, I decided to heal my Pokemon. It was hard getting Bulbasaur back into his Pokeball, but he agreed after a while.

When that was done, I sent out Bulbasaur who was scared as ever. He didn't like being away from me. I scooped him up in my arms. "It's alright," I soothed.

It was then I noticed a flyer up on one of the Pokemon Center's walls:
    Think you're one of the best trainers in the area?
    Do you have the ability to take on powerful foes?
    Come to Mount Moon and have the chance of gaining a very special Gym badge.
    More information available by calling this number...
    The number was scribbled down at the bottom and on the flyer, several Pokemon were drawn. One of them happened to be an Ivysaur. Bulbasaur looked at it, interested.

"Bulba?" he asked, looking at me.

"If you want to ask if we're going there then yes," I said. Bulbasaur smiled. I knew he would enjoy battles as he grew older – I think he already enjoyed watching them.

Looking out of a nearby window, I noticed the rain had calmed, but didn't stop. It was more like a misty drizzle.

The doors opened as I decided to go to the Pewter gym. Maybe Brock was the nice guy I heard about – he was the older brother of many kids, plus he trained strong Pokemon. I guess I'll go to the Pewter Gym now.

Quickly power walking across the town, I finally came to the Pewter Gym. Once inside, I looked around. The gym had a rocky stadium – perfect for Brock's rock Pokemon. I also heard he had a Fire Pokemon, but I wasn't sure what it was.

"You there," I heard a husky voice. I looked up and saw a man walking across the battlefield. He looked like he squinted, but he wasn't. His skin was a dark tan color and he had spiked black hair. "I'm Brock, Pewter City's Gym Leader. May I help you?"

"Yeah," I said nodding. "I was wondering if I could train here for a little bit. It's raining outside and I can't train anywhere else in time."

It took a few minutes for Brock to reply. "Sure," he said. "As long as you battle me after your training session."

I smiled. "I was planning on it," I said.

"Good," Brock said. "I want to see you practice."

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Reviews
    (Click Show Content!)

Royal
    Spoiler:

Something happened to Jess!
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Shelby:

The next day Shelby yawned when she woke up. It was raining fairly heavily, and she could feel it soaking her sleeping bag, but there was a shelter over her. What a great time to sleep outside, she thought dryly, and when did that get there? Mijaan was already up, putting out the fire completely and doing little things to pick up camp. Shelby pushed up from the sleeping bag she was in and glanced at her watch—it was six a.m. As she got up, Mijaan spared a glance over and looked at her. He said good morning and she replied.

"I think…that we should probably go our separate ways now," Mijaan said quietly. He continued packing his things. Shelby nodded in agreement. "But before we split up, I have one request." He looked up at Shelby with a fierce look in his eyes. "Please battle me," he said. Shelby looked at him in surprise.

"You want to battle?" Shelby questioned, making sure she had understood him right. Mijaan nodded. He held up his pokeball containing one of his Pokémon. Shelby grinned a bit and nodded. "Three on three sound good to you?" Mijaan shook his head. Shelby cocked her head to the side.

"Four on four." Mijaan said with a small smirk on his face. Shelby agreed to that, and once they finished picking up the camp, they got on opposite sides of the road.

"Ready?" Mijaan asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be!" Shelby replied confidently. She decided to keep Quilava out of this fight as long as she could. One being that it was raining and that would weaken his power significantly. The other is that she thought Pidgeotto deserved a lot of in-game time now. "Let's go!" Shelby threw her pokeball as she spoke. Mijaan did the same, and out came his freshly caught Nidoran. It was King. Shelby's Pokémon was actually her Nidoran as well. This'll be interesting, she thought.

Mijaan:

Mijaan woke before Shelby did, even after his little nighttime adventure. He began to move about the camp, picking things up. While he was picking stuff up, that was when he realized that it would probably be best for them to go their separate ways. A loud crack of thunder split through his thoughts, and he looked over to see if it had woken Shelby. It hadn't. Wow, she sure must sleep heavily, he thought.

A short time later it was pouring down rain. Shelby woke up around six. When she got up, Mijaan looked over at her and said good morning. She replied and they lapsed into a brief period of silence.

"I think…that we should probably go our separate ways now," Mijaan said quietly. He still continued to place his things in order and pack them. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Shelby nod in agreement. "But before we split up," he said, wanting to get his little request in before she got up and left, "I have one request." Mijaan then looked directly at Shelby. He could almost feel the fire in his eyes. "Please battle me," he said. Shelby looked surprised at first.

"You want to battle?" Shelby asked. Mijaan nodded, hoping that she would accept. He grabbed Umbreon's pokeball and held it up. Shelby's face broke into a grin as she nodded in agreement. "Three on three sound good to you?" Shelby questioned. Mijaan shook his head. Shelby looked confused.

"Four on four," Mijaan said. He could feel a tiny smirk on his face. They finished packing up camp before going to opposite sides of the road.

"Ready?" Mijaan asked, grabbing a different pokeball than his Umbreon's. He knew exactly what he was going to start with.

"As ready as I'll ever be!" Shelby replied. Mijaan noticed that there was a confident tone in her voice. "Let's go!" Shelby threw her pokeball while she spoke. Mijaan tossed his, and he smiled a bit when King came out of the pokeball. He looked to see Shelby's Pokémon, and was a little surprised when he saw her Nidoran. Well, here we go! He thought.

Shelby: (which is what the rest of this is going to be told from, because doing two POVs for the whole battle would take me forever :P)

"Nidoran use horn attack!" Shelby called. Nidoran charged at King, but King quickly dodged the attack. Shelby quickly thought of some strategies. I need to wear King down, not Nidoran, she thought. Her plan formulated, she told Nidoran to pull back and waited to see what Mijaan would do.

"King focus energy!" Mijaan said to King.

This is my chance! Shelby thought. "Nidoran be quick and try another horn attack!" Shelby shouted. The attack slammed King on its side, and sent it scraping back against the grass. Shelby grinned a little. "Now you use focus energy!" Shelby said to her Nidoran.

"King use your tackle attack!" Mijaan said. King made a fairly quick recovery and then charged at Nidoran. King hit Nidoran in the side, and Shelby could tell the attack was much stronger than normal. Her teeth clenched when her Nidoran gave a cry and stumbled backwards.

"Horn attack!" they both shouted in unison. The two little Pokémon charged at each other with all that they had. Thunder cracked in the distance, making their collision sound even more deadly. When the dust cleared, both Nidoran were lying down, completely fainted. Shelby recalled her Nidoran and grabbed Quilava's pokeball. His Umbreon is what he'll probably use next, she thought.

"Pokeball go!" Shelby shouted, tossing the pokeball. Mijaan threw his, and there was another tiny smirk on his face. Quilava burst out of the pokeball, and so did another small Pokémon. Shelby brought out her Pokedex. A Horsea?! Shelby's eyes went wide. She didn't know Mijaan had a water type.

"I caught it last night," he explained. Shelby shook her head in slight disbelief. She wasn't going to switch Pokémon though; that would be completely unfair.

"Quilava, smokescreen!" Shelby shouted. She knew this would be the best way to win against that Horsea, especially because it was a water type. "Follow it up with headbutt!" she called.

"Horsea, dive into the water!" Mijaan said. Shelby heard a splash as Horsea did so. Another water battle, eh? Shelby thought. She remembered her first ever trainer battle against that boy and his Goldeen. She knew that she could beat him…well, just as long as Quilava didn't get too wet.

There was a sound like a stream of bubbles. Shelby realized that Horsea was using a bubblebeam attack! As she watched, the stream of bubbles began to clear the smoke, leaving Quilava completely exposed. Long range attacks, she thought quickly. "Quilava use ember!" Shelby called. She clenched her teeth, knowing that ember wouldn't be enough to win this battle.

"Horsea hide in the water," Mijaan said. Horsea dived back under the water, and Shelby watched as the flames were diminished when they hit the water. Steam bubbled up, but nothing more.

Then Shelby had an idea. "Quilava, keep using ember!" she shouted. Quilava complied, sending a stream of fire right onto the water. The small pond began to grow hotter, Shelby quickly noticed. Horsea hopped out of the water, and without command from its trainer it used a direct bubblebeam attack. Quilava cried out as it slammed against a tree. Horsea was burned…but Quilava had fainted.

(OOC: Yup, I'm splitting them up just to keep you hanging)

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Reviews
    (Click Show Content!)

Scarecrow1113
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Shelby tossed her next pokeball. When Pikachu came out, it called its name and lightning struck right behind it. Shelby backed up, not wanting to get hit by the lightning. "Thunderbolt!" Shelby shouted. Pikachu leapt up. Mijaan's eyes widened as he looked at Horsea, who was soaked with water. There was no way this attack wouldn't hit its mark.

"CHU!" Pikachu shouted, sending lightning crashing down on the Horsea. It cried out and when the giant dust cloud that surrounded it cleared, Horsea had fainted instantly. Shelby briefly looked at Mijaan. He recalled Horsea and then sent out Princess.

"Princess use poison sting!" Mijaan called. Shelby knew he wanted this battle over before Princess was covered with water, being a perfect electric conductor. The poison sting barely missed Pikachu, as Pikachu danced around avoiding the attack. Shelby shook her head.

"Pikachu use double team!" Shelby called. Multiple Pikachu's appeared, surrounding Princess. Mijaan told Princess to weed them out by using poison sting, but when they were all gone it hadn't hit the real one yet. "Pikachu, thunderbolt!" Shelby called. Pikachu leapt out of a tree. Lightning hit the little Pokémon's body directly, but then a bolt came crashing down on Princess. Pikachu's a major asset to this team, Shelby realized.

Princess fell to the ground, but Pikachu was left panting. Shelby looked closer and saw why—Princess's poison sting had somehow gotten Pikachu directly in the side. Shelby looked at Mijaan.

"It was right before Pikachu's final attack," Mijaan replied. He sent out his Umbreon next. Shelby hoped Pikachu could hold on just enough to inflict some good damage, before she sent out Pidgeotto. "Umbreon use quick attack!" Mijaan commanded. Shelby's eyes widened, she knew that in Pikachu's condition it couldn't dodge.

"Pikachu try to grab it then shock it with what you have left!" Shelby called. Pikachu nodded, though it was miniscule. When Umbreon slammed into it, Pikachu did the strategy. The attack was weak and didn't do much damage, but Shelby was glad that it at least did some. "Pikachu, return," she said softly when Pikachu hit the ground, fainted. She then sent out Pidgeotto.

"Geo!" Pidgeotto called. It flapped its wings suddenly, bringing up a gust attack. With the excess wind, it made for a powerful miniature tornado. Pidgeotto sent this attack towards Umbreon. Umbreon got sucked in, but it barely did damage because it was just the after part of the attack, and not the full brunt of it.

"Umbreon use feint attack!" Mijaan called. Umbreon faded out then back in behind Pidgeotto (OOC: I don't know if that actually is what it does, but oh well) and got on it to slam Pidgeotto to the ground. Pidgeotto gave a cry. Pidgeotto flipped around, using its strength to pull into a tackle. Umbreon fell off of Pidgeotto, and Pidgeotto nearly missed slamming into the ground.

"Pidgeotto—"

"Umbreon—"

"—use quick attack!" they both shouted at the same time. Pidgeotto and Umbreon slammed into each other, kicking up rocks and dust. Lightning cracked behind them, causing a giant cloud to poof up. Shelby held an arm in front of her face to shield it, and waited for the dust to clear.

What she saw shocked her. Pidgeotto had fainted. Umbreon had fainted. Shelby looked up at Mijaan, who had the same amount of shock on his face. Then they both recalled their Pokémon. Shelby said, "Pokémon Center?" Mijaan agreed, and they both jogged to the Pokémon Center through the rain.

After a while, they were walking towards Pewter City. They were in the Viridian Forest, and for the past hour or so while they walked they had been discussing the battle. Mijaan was also trying to convince Shelby to get a Horsea. Shelby laughed and said that she'd try for a Poliwag. As they came to a pond, Mijaan pointed and said, "There's your chance."

"Poli," the small creature said. It was by the bank, hopping around. Shelby looked at Mijaan, almost an 'are you serious?' face. Mijaan nodded.

"C'mon, it'll be helpful against the next gym leader!" Mijaan insisted. Shelby sighed but silently agreed with Mijaan. So, they ended up creeping up to the Poliwag. Shelby sent out Nidoran.

"Nidoran use horn attack!" Shelby shouted. Poliwag looked up, startled. It hopped from rock to rock, avoiding Nidoran's attack. Shelby blanched, is it…dancing? Shelby blinked and told Nidoran to attack again. Nidoran hopped across more than one rock and slammed into Poliwag, sending it careening into the water.

A get of water shot from Poliwag's mouth and hit Nidoran. Nidoran slipped off the rock and into the water itself. Nidoran scrambled to the shore, looking fairly annoyed at the little Poliwag. Shelby told Nidoran to use focus energy, and then tackle once Poliwag got back on the rocks.

A minute or two went by, giving Nidoran enough time to store power. Poliwag hopped back onto the rocks. Nidoran sprang at it, charging and slamming against the happy go lucky Poliwag. Poliwag hit a tree, and began to look more and more tired out with each tackle. Shelby finally called off Nidoran and then pulled out a new pokeball. She had stocked up on them at the Pokémart, and had gotten a great ball while she was at it. She threw the pokeball at the Poliwag, and watched it begin to shake.

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Reviews
    (Click Show Content!)

Scarecrow1113
    The pokeball began shaking like crazy...
    Spoiler:

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    News Flash!

A massive pokemon theft haul has occured over in cerulean city. Apparently misty reports her Starmie has been stolen. Amongst lots of other pokemon with psychic or dark abilities. If anyone has any information please contact officer jenny of cerulean city on this number.

A gym battle is about to start over in Brock's gym. Brock has announced that this looks to be a very exciting battle. Unknown to the trainer, We will be broadcasting the battle live on tv!
    Brock promises that this battle will be one to remember, he mentioned this to the press.
    "Onix and I have been training for some time. I promise you that today will be the day Brock's pokemon team is proven to be much stronger than before!"
    With his vulpix recently evolving into Ninetails, brocks team is looking more powerful than ever, Perhaps trainers ought to take caution when approaching pewter's fiery boulder gym leader!

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • The training session was intense. Brock was watching in the stands as we used several of the rocks in the battlefield as targets. I chose a large rock for Grotle, a medium one for Beedrill, and a small one for Bulbasaur because I knew he didn't have any long distant attacks.

"Grotle, use Bullet Seed! Beedrill, use Fury Attack! Bulbasaur, use Slam!" I shouted quickly.

Grotle opened his mouth and quickly shout several seeds at the boulder. When the seeds hit, a boom was heard as the rock crumbled into pieces.

Beedrill swooped at the rock, pounding it down with his needles. Several chunks flew off and landed on the battlefield.

Bulbasaur ran quickly at the small boulder and slammed into it. It didn't break, but only flew back.

All three of my Pokemon stepped back and waited for their next command.

"Grotle, Razor Leaf on another boulder! Beedrill, Twin Needle on the same boulder! Bulbasaur, slam the same one again!"

Grotle threw back his head, and then whipped it forward. Several sharp leaves shot out of the small trees on his back and hit another boulder. A small cloud of dust formed as several chunks fell off the rock.

Beedrill swooped back in at the rock and struck it with both its needles. They went right through the boulder and it crumpled into bits.

But Bulbasaur did not run in at the boulder. I looked at him curiously as two vines shot out from his bulb and entangled around the boulder. Quickly, he picked it up and threw it across the room. It smashed into several large pieces.

I gasped, shocked and I looked at Bulbasaur. Both Beedrill and Grotle looked at him, shocked as well.

Bulbasaur retracted his vines and smiled. "Bulbasaur," he said happily.

I laughed, amazed. "Bulbasaur, you learned a new attack!' I said amazed.

Bulbasaur turned to me and smiled. "Saur," he said nodding.

"Well done," I heard Brock say. I turned to him and he stepped down from the stands. "Are you ready for the battle now?"

I nodded quickly.

"Alright," he said as he took his place opposite of the battlefield. He took a Pokeball off his belt. "Who are you going to use?"

I thought quickly. Brock had very strong Pokemon. He had an Onix, a Graveler, and a Fire Pokemon I didn't know of. He would probably use them in that order.

"Grotle, stay out there," I shouted. "Bulbasaur and Beedrill, come back." My two Pokemon nodded and came to my side. Beedrill sat down on the ground, but Bulbasaur remained standing, watching Grotle with intense eyes. Bulbasaur really wanted to see his friend battle.

"Alright, Onix go!" Brock shouted, throwing the Pokeball into the air. After an explosion of white light, the giant rock snake appeared. My jaw dropped. It was much bigger than I imagined! "Use Stone Edge, Onix!"

The Onix raised its tail and threw it down.

"Out of its way, Grotle!" I shouted, voice shaken. Grotle used all of his body weight to jump to the side before the Onix hit. But from the force, Grotle rolled like a log several times. He finally stopped on his stomach. "Use Bullet Seed!"

Grotle got to its feet and opened his mouth quickly. Several seeds shot out but only a few hit Onix. The rock snake swerved quickly out of the way of the last remaining seeds.

I winced. This Onix was experienced.

"Stone Edge again!" The Onix raised its tail, but before it threw it down, I called out Grotle's next attack.

"Bullet Seed – on its tail!" Grotle opened his mouth again and the seeds hit Onix's rock tail. It flew back – the Stone Edge attack didn't work. I swore happily inside.

"Razor Leaf!" I shouted. Grotle threw his head back, and then swung it forward, leaves spiraling out from the trees on his back and slamming into the Onix's face. The rock snake roared painfully and swerved backwards, but didn't fall. Suddenly, it faced Grotle angrily and its shape began to glow.

"What?!" I gasped. The Onix's shape grew and grew – its face stretched and when the light cleared, a silver Pokemon stood in place of Onix. Several teeth were seen from out of its mouth and the tip of its tail had a two-part rock spike.

"I-it evolved into Steelix?!" I shouted.

"I was waiting for this," Brock shouted across the field. "Steelix, use Fire Blast!"

"Fire Blast?!" I shouted. The giant rock snake quickly opened its mouth and a large red, yellow, and orange flame was sprayed straight at Grotle. The flame was tipped with a white blue flame.

"Grotle!" I gasped. "D-dodge!"

Grotle jumped to the side, but it was a bit too late. The bottom half of Grotle's body was hit by the flame and Grotle let out a painful cry.

"Bulba!" Bulbasaur cried at my side. "Bulba, bulba, saur!" I guess Bulbasaur was trying to cheer Grotle on, but I couldn't focus on that.

"Grotle, Bullet Seed, quick!" I shouted. Grotle turned painfully and shot out several seeds. But it didn't look it did any damage!

The Steelix turned to look at Grotle.

"Another Fire Blast!" Brock shouted to his Steelix.

"Razor Leaf!" Before the Steelix could open its mouth, Grotle sent several leaves shooting for the Steelix. It hit the Steelix, and it hit it hard. It didn't send out a flame. It shook its head achingly.

"Use Bullet Seed!" Grotle opened his mouth again and out came several more seeds which hit the Steelix's head with force.

The Steelix swerved, and then swung its tail straight at Grotle.

"Dodge!" I shouted, but it was too late. The Steelix's tail hit Grotle and sent him flying into one of the gym's walls. When Grotle fell to the ground, a loud bang was heard. "G-Grotle!" I shouted. Grotle slowly and painfully got to his feet.

"Use another Iron Tail!" Brock shouted. The Steelix swung its tail again.

I winced then gasped. That's it!

"Grotle, jump on its tail!" I shouted. Grotle jumped up as the Steelix's tail came and Grotle landed on it. I winced as he almost slipped.

The Steelix looked angrily at Grotle and opened its mouth.

"No Steelix!" But it was too late. Steelix shot a large flame at Grotle.

"Jump!" I shouted. Grotle quickly obeyed and jumped. The flame missed him, but it got Steelix's tail. The Steelix let out a painful hiss. "Bullet Seed! Let's finish this!" Grotle opened its mouth and shot out several seeds at the Steelix while still in the air. The seeds hit the Steelix smack in the middle of its head and the force caused the Steelix to whip its head back. The force also caused Steelix's entire form to fall and crash to the ground.

Grotle landed on the ground, but fell to his stomach, panting heavily. I looked forward. The Steelix didn't get up. Grotle won the match.

"Bulbasaur!" Bulbasaur shouted happily.

"Return Steelix," Brock said, a bright red light engulfing the rock snake and transporting it into its Pokeball.

I raised Grotle's Pokeball smiling. "You did a great job, buddy. Return," I said. A red light quickly engulfed Grotle and sealed him inside the Pokeball.

"The battle isn't over yet," Brock said. He threw another Pokeball into the air. "Go Graveler!" After an explosion of white light, a giant rock-shaped Pokemon appeared. It reached all four of its arms out and shouted a ready "Ler!"

I looked down at Bulbasaur. "You're up." I said, smiling.

[OOC: Wow! Took a bit long! And, the battle isn't even over. >.<]

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Reviews
    (Click Show Content!)

Royal
    Spoiler:

Unknown to Jess, alot of Kanto's pokemon trainers were watching this fight. They were studying her strategy and watching how she battle against brock. Amazed that somehow, Her grotle could overcome a steelix that new Fireblast.. They were cheering her on! "Come on jess!!"

Brocks updated status page:
    Onix has evolved!
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • "Bulba?!" Bulbasaur looked up at me, shocked.

I nodded. "It doesn't matter if you win or lose, Bulbasaur." I told him. "I have confidence in you."

After a few seconds, Bulbasaur nodded and ran out to the battlefield. The Graveler smirked.

"Your baby Bulbasaur?" Brock said, cocking his head to the side. "This will be easy. Roll Out!"

The Graveler tucked itself into a tight ball and rolled straight at Bulbasaur.

"Saur!" Bulbasaur cried as Graveler came toward him, building momentum.

"Jump to the side, Bulbasaur." Bulbasaur shook his head to get rid of his fright and jumped to his left just as the Graveler passed. Bulbasaur smiled. "Vine Whip!" Bulbasaur nodded and two vines came out from his bulb. As the Graveler untucked itself, Bulbasaur's vines quickly wrapped around Graveler's feet, and pulled them out from under him. The Graveler fell on the ground, on its face.

"Slam!" I shouted. Bulbasaur recoiled his vines then ran at the Graveler.

"BULBA!" my baby Pokemon shouted, running into the Graveler. A loud bang was heard as Bulbasaur was knocked backwards by Graveler's rock hard skin.

"Oh, come on Jess! Let's go, Bulbasaur!" I heard from outside. I smiled. I guess some other trainers were watching my fight.

"Fire Blast!" Brock shouted. My head whipped to the battlefield as I saw the Graveler get it to its feet. Bulbasaur was frozen in fright as the Graveler sprayed a large flame at Bulbasaur. The large flame engulfed Bulbasaur.

"No!" I shouted. I knew Bulbasaur couldn't withstand an attack like that. I dropped to my knees.

When the fire cleared and the Graveler smirked, I saw Bulbasaur struggling to get on all four knees. It whimpered painfully and it had burns all along its body. Its legs shaked as it got to its feet and looked at the Graveler. Its determined expression – that was new. Did it want to prove itself to me and its friends?

"BULBASAUR!" he roared up at the ceiling. Suddenly, his bulb started to glow, then his entire body. Both Brock and I gasped. I could hear several murmurs outside from the people watching.

Bulbasaur's bulb seemed to open in the light and it only grew only an inch or so in height. When the light cleared, an Ivysaur stood in Bulbasaur's place. My jaw dropped. Beedrill buzzed at my side.

Ivysaur's bulb had turned pink and there were several large leaves around it. His eyes were now looking at Graveler.

"Ivysaur, Vine Whip!"

"IVY!" my Pokemon shouted, vines whipping out of his bulb and grabbing Graveler's hands. He quickly lifted it up into the air and threw him like a rock.

When the Graveler was about to collide with the ground, Brock shouted, "Roll Out!"

The Graveler quickly tucked into a ball and when it hit the ground, it rolled around and at Ivysaur. Ivysaur gasped and tried to get out of the way, but it was too late. He was hit hard by the oncoming Graveler.

Ivysaur was knocked across the battlefield and onto his stomach. He tried to get up, but then couldn't. He was down. I sighed.

"Return Graveler," Brock said, a bright light engulfing his giant rock Pokemon.

I ran up to Ivysaur and picked him up, bringing him back to my spot.

"Ivysaur," he whimpered sadly.

"It's okay, Ivysaur," I smiled. He looked at me sadly. "You did so much and you are very strong. I couldn't have wished for more. I know why you evolved; you evolved to show me that you could take down a powerful Pokemon. I know that, but this one was just too powerful for you." Ivysaur looked down and nodded.

"Come on, choose your next Pokemon," Brock said impatiently from across the field.

I nodded and placed Ivysaur to my right. I noticed that he was the same size as his last evolution – he was still premature and inexperienced.

I turned to Beedrill. "You're up."

Years
  • Shelby huffed at the new pokeball. Mijaan started to laugh. She rolled her eyes at him and recalled Nidoran. "Let's go," she said. "I'll bet I can beat you there!" Mijaan blinked, and when Shelby started running he called out and jogged after her.

Before they knew it they had reached Pewter City. Shelby turned to Mijaan and then stuck out her hand. They shook hands. "It was fun," Mijaan said, "travelling and I really enjoyed the battle." Shelby nodded in agreement, and watched as he turned and left. Shelby had two places she wanted to go—the training park and the museum. She had heard there were some pretty cool things there, so she wanted to go. First she figured she'd go train though.

The men at the door greeted her and asked how many Pokémon she had. She told them. They led her into a room which had a large area. Many trainers were gathered here. Some were already battling, while others were just healing their Pokémon. She walked in the room, a little unsure of what to do when a boy walked over to her.

"Want to battle?" he asked curiously. "You have four Pokémon, right?" Shelby noted that his glasses were taped in the center, and he seemed to be a bit of a super nerd. She blinked and then nodded slowly. The boy led her to a different part of the place that looked almost like a gym stadium. "They have about five of these per room…if they're all taken, the other trainers can just battle wherever," the boy explained.

He led Shelby to a place in the center. It had different styles of fields on it. The boy pushed a button, and then each field began to light up quickly at first, then it slowed down. Finally it stopped on a rocky terrain. Shelby looked at the floor, startled, when the floors slid back, tacking her to her end and him to his. Rocks appeared on the floor in gigantic lumps.

"Go Geodude!" the boy cried out, throwing his pokeball. A Pokémon that looked a lot like a giant rock (in Shelby's opinion) appeared out of the pokeball. Shelby sent out Nidoran, and then the boy looked a little troubled by her choice of Pokémon.

Shelby knew that Nidoran had recently learned double kick, so she had a slight advantage over this rock type. "Double kick!" Shelby called. Nidoran ran at Geodude, and because Geodude was slower, it didn't avoid the attack. Nidoran's feet pounded into the Geodude, sending Geodude thudding against the wall. Geodude got back up, even after the double kick.

"Geodude use rock throw!" the boy shouted. Geodude smashed one of the rocks and then chucked it at Nidoran. Nidoran leapt at it, smashing several of the rocks with its horn. One hit Nidoran in the side, causing Nidoran to hit the ground.

"Nidoran double kick again!" Shelby shouted. Nidoran nodded and ran at the Geodude again. It pounded the heavy Pokémon with its feet, until the Geodude was unable to battle. Shelby grinned at Nidoran. The boy frowned and threw another pokeball, sending out an even bigger Pokémon. It was a Graveler.

"I've trained under Brock!" the boy shouted confidently. "There's no way you'll beat my Graveler!" Shelby frowned, but got ready to fight the Graveler.

"Nidoran use your horn attack!" Shelby called. Nidoran charged at the Graveler, slamming into it with its horn. Graveler barely flinched, and Shelby knew this Pokémon had a large amount of defense just by that test attack. "Double kick, and hurry!" Shelby called, wanting this match to be over as fast as possible.

"Huh uh," the boy said, wagging his finger. "Graveler use tackle!" Shelby's eyebrows rose. Nidoran was about to slam its feet into the Graveler again, when it packed a powerful tackle to Nidoran. Nidoran hit the floor, panting heavily and tired. No…Shelby thought.

"Nidoran, go for another double kick but be careful of that tackle attack!" Shelby shouted. Nidoran pounded its feet into the Pokémon again, slamming into it repeatedly. Graveler cried out as it got pounded by the barrage that was Nidoran's feet. "Now follow up with t—"

"Tackle!" the boy finished. Graveler slowly pushed up and rammed Nidoran. Nidoran cried out, hitting a wall. It attempted to get up, but then it collapsed to the floor. Shelby smiled, proud of her Pokémon. She recalled Nidoran and grabbed Quilava's pokeball.

"Go!" she shouted, chucking the pokeball to the field. Quilava appeared, the flames on its head and back igniting almost instantly.

"Lava!" it cried. Shelby quickly ordered a flame wheel, and Quilava's speed was more than a match for Graveler. Before Graveler could even counter, Quilava had slammed into it with a tough flame wheel. Shelby grinned as Graveler hit the wall. It wasn't fainted, but Shelby could tell it was close. She told Quilava to follow up with an ember attack. Flames spouted from Quilava's mouth, hitting the Graveler dead center. It rolled forward, completely fainted.

The boy called back his Graveler and then tossed another pokeball. Shelby watched as a little shrew like Pokémon came out in a flash of light. She checked her Pokedex, and found out it was a Sandshrew. The boy smirked, clearly glad that Shelby had to check her Pokedex to get information on this Pokémon.

"Sandshrew use dig!" the boy commanded. Sandshrew dug a hole, and hid underground. Shelby's eyes widened and she told Quilava to be extra careful. Quilava nodded, trying to sense the little ground type. A second later, it slammed into Quilava's underside and set Quilava twisting into the air.

"Quilava!" Shelby called. When Quilava landed on the ground, Shelby told it to use a flame wheel attack. Quilava charged at the Sandshrew, only to have it burrow in the ground again. "Ember!" Shelby shouted, pointing to the hole in the ground. Fire spilled out of the holes, and with it came Sandshrew. Its tail was burned, and Quilava charged at it in a flame wheel again.

Sandshrew cried out, hitting one of the rocks. It fainted, and the boy quickly recalled it. Quilava was panting, and Shelby could tell that it was really worn out. The boy sent out a Pokémon that looked a lot like Mijaan's Princess, but it was bigger. She checked her Pokedex and found out that it was a Nidorina. So this is what Mijaan's Princess will evolve into, Shelby thought. She wondered what her Nidoran would be, but then focused back in on the battle.

"Poison sting!" the boy shouted. Poison needles slammed into Quilava, sending it thudding against a large boulder. Quilava stood up, but Shelby could tell that it was already poisoned.

"Quilava make this attack count. Use ember!" Shelby shouted. The boy told Nidorina to use poison sting again. The attacks met in a clash, but when the dust settled Quilava had fainted. Shelby recalled her Pokémon then grabbed Pikachu's pokeball. She sent out the small mouse-like Pokémon and told it to go for a double team.

"Nidorina poison sting all of 'em!" the boy called. Nidorina's poison sting went after them, but it didn't hit the real one. Pikachu appeared from behind a boulder and slammed against Nidorina in a quick attack. The boy had Nidorina counter instantly with double kick. Pikachu cried out as it got launched halfway across the gym, slamming into the ground.

"Thunderbolt!" Shelby shouted. Pikachu stored all of its energy and slammed the attack towards Nidorina. There was a burst of light, and then everyone could see again. Some of the other trainers had stopped in their battle to watch. Pikachu was standing up, panting and tired. Nidorina was fainted, lying eagle spread on the floor. Shelby grinned and jogged over to Pikachu. She picked up the little Pokémon and hugged it. She didn't even mind when it tried to shock her.

After the battle she healed up her Pokémon and headed for a bit of relaxation at the museum. She paid fifty dollars to get in and looked around. The main thing she had wanted to see where the fossil exhibits. She read about each different Pokémon that could be obtained out of fossils, and was in awe. She wondered how they could extract the Pokémon, and when she asked an old man carefully explained it to her. She smiled and quickly thanked him.

He seems very nice, Shelby thought. After her little visit, she walked out and looked at the gym. Should I go now? She wondered.

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Keep goin royal :D

Mij's RP

After shaking hands with Shelby he turned away. He didnt really want to travel on his own but he knew that while they were together, shelby would know everything that his pokemon learned. He wanted to beat Shelby so bad in their last battle it was frustrating him inside.. After she was out of sight, he stood there thinking. Having never won a proper battle before, Mij clenched his fist and fell onto his knees. He punched the ground in anger. "I have four pokemon and yet... I still can't win." He thought to himself. Looking down at his hand, he saw that it was red now.
    "Hmm.." Pulling himself to his feet, he headed over to the pokemon center and spoke with nurse joy. He planned to have his pokemon healed but it was going to take half an hour, so he went and sat in the waiting room, where the TV was on.
    "Steelix is unable to battle! Grotle is the winner!" An announcer on tv said, there was an amazing battle going on, and Mij kicked up his feet and laid back watching the battle.
    A kid, sat with his poliwag pointed at the TV. "That's brock. He's the gym leader. This battle is being broadcast live right from our city!" he said whilst looking over at mijaan, who was completely unaware of this.
    "Brock eh.. and steelix? hmm.." Mij thought. "Well what other pokemon does brock use?"
    The kid looked over at the tv and pointed again "That's his graveler fighting that bulbasa-"
    "WOAH!" they both jumped to their feet as they saw bulbasaur's body flashing in bright light, they'd just witnessed an evolution live on tv and were amazed. Mij had only ever seen one evolution but he was only half awake for that...
    "Saur" Ivysaur was ready to battle. Mij watched on as Ivysaur was eventually beaten. What a shame. The camera cut to the trainer. It was jess! He knew this girl from pallet town. So the grotle... that was the turtwig she received a month back? 'If so... She's been working hard. Much harder than me... I dont stand a chance...' The kid interupted his thoughts
    "Well, Brocks rules are, the first to make 2 of your opponents pokemon faint - wins. BUT you have to return your pokemon wether you lose or not. And you have to take 3 pokemon in with you."
    '3 pokemon' he thought.. 'i have four. but i've never even won a battle.'
    Mijaan's attention returned to the TV screen as Jess called upon Beedrill!

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • Beedrill nodded and quickly flew out to the battlefield, flying back and forth ready for whatever Brock threw out.

Brock took another Pokeball off his belt and threw it. "Come out, Ninetails!" Brock shouted. After a flash of bright light, a large, tan Pokemon stood on the battlefield. It had nine tails and each with tipped with reddish fur.

"Careful Beedrill," I warned. My bug Pokemon just nodded, up for the challenge.

"Flamethrower, Ninetails!" Brock commanded. The fox Pokemon quickly opened its mouth and sent out a large flame.

"Out of the way!" I shouted, and Beedrill quickly flew out of the way. "Fury Attack!" Beedrill nodded and flew at the Ninetails, but swerved back and forth to confuse it.

"Nine, nine," the Pokemon said, watching the Pokemon. Suddenly, Beedrill struck the fox with several hard hits of its needles. The Ninetails was knocked back but quickly got to its feet. It opened its mouth and shout out another long flame. It was fast, too! Beedrill flew up, but the flame hit his wing.

"Quick! Twinneedle!" I shouted. Beedrill nodded and flew quickly at the Ninetails. It pulled its needles right into the Ninetails furiously.

"NINE!" the fox shouted, as it rolled backwards.

"Use Fire Blast!" Brock called. The Ninetails opened its mouth and it spat out a larger flame.

I winced and looked at Beedrill quickly. I knew he was strong. Could he be able to fly straight through a Fire Blast? Then I got it!

"Go for it for Beedrill!" I commanded. Ivysaur looked at me and I heard people gasp. Beedrill nodded and flew for the fire. He knew what I was doing.

When he was close, I shouted, "Now!" Beedrill quickly dove under the fire and at Ninetails.

"Nine?!" the fox Pokemon gasped. "NINE!" it painfully shouted as it was hit five times with its needles. The Ninetails was pushed back with each hit and boy was Beedrill fighting hard.

Beedrill pulled his left needle back and let it go right onto Ninetails' jaw, sending it flying in the air. It landed on the ground, a cloud of dust surrounding it.

It didn't get up.

"Yes, Beedrill!" I shouted happily. Beedrill quickly did a somersault in the air as Brock returned his Ninetails to its Pokeball.

Ivysaur followed me as I walked up to Beedrill. My bug Pokemon quickly attached himself to my head and buzzed happily, his wings flapping like crazy.

Brock walked up to me and smiled. "You did good Jess," he told me. "Here," I watched as Brock raised his hand. In it was the Boulder Badge. I slowly picked it up and looked at it. Beedrill poked it quickly with one of its needles to make sure it was real. I just laughed.

"You are a powerful trainer," Brock confessed.

I smiled. "Thanks, your Steelix is strong too."

He nodded. "Yes, thank you." He put out his hand and I took it, shaking it. "Another battle when you come back?"

I nodded. "You got it."

"Iv," Ivysaur shouted happily at my side, dancing on his little feet.

[OOC: Sorry, this is short, but it's the conclusion of the match.]

†sukuyomi

Going Digital
    Years
  • Nova was woken up by a soft knocking on his door, "Excuse me, your pokemon are healed…", the voice whispered. Nova groaned as he sat up, noticing how early it was; the sun was barely visible.
    "Alright, thanks Nurse Joy…", he yawned softly, then walked over and opened the door, thanking the nurse and taking his pokemon. Closing the door, Nova got dressed then called his two pokemon out. "Hey, how are you two, not too tired from last night I hope?", he was answered with a yawn and a tired bark. "Right, right…it's too early for you two, I suppose". "Alright, well I suppose we should hit the road then…", his voice trailed off, as the pokemon fell asleep.
    Nova walked out of the room, then gently set the key on the counter as he walked out of the pokemon center. As Nova walked outside, he felt a light sprinkle on his face, 'Hmm, it's just my luck that it's raining today, I suppose…', Nova thought. Passing by the gym, Nova realized not only would the gym leader not be up at this hour, but that after last night, it was apparent that his team would need more training. 'Today's not the day for training though…', Nova quickly realized. Nova took one last glance at the gym before something caught his attention from the corner of his eye; someone was fishing. Walking over to the fisherman, Nova took a seat, then said, "How are the fish biting today?"

The man cast a glance at him, then replied, " Today is one of the good days, it seems", and then he resumed his glare at the water…he seemed eager to catch something. Several minutes passed, then Nova noticed a slight tug on the line, and quickly informed the man. "Hmm…you may be right about that…", the man said, then pulled on the line, and it responded with a strong tug! Getting up, the fisherman tugged real hard, but the fish was determined to have its' way. Nova was quickly getting into this tug of war going on, and before he knew it, he was encouraging the man every few minutes with building enthusiasm. At last the man had seemed to gain the advantage, and pulled yet again, and the fish came flying out of the water!
    As he reeled the fish in, he gave Nova a bright smile, and started spouting off how he had been waiting for a chance like that to come along, and how he would have never done it if Nova hadn't been there to notify him, etc. It was clear that he was over exaggerating what Nova had done, 'He would have gotten it anyways, but if he wants to thank me, who am I to decline?', Nova thought with a smile.
    "Ahh! This fish'll get me some good money! Hey, I bet I could get a Super Rod with what I'll get from this fishie! Hey, kid, as thanks for your assistance, I would like you to have my Old rod, don't be so hesitant, I'm gonna get a new one anyways!", he was clearly caught up in himself, and shoved the fishing pole into his hand, and walked off. Nova looked blankly at the pole, wondering exactly where he would keep this.

As it turned out, the fishing pole was easily folded up and pocket sized! Nova grinned at his luck, then decided to sit down and try his hand at fishing. An hour or so passed, more and more people were beginning to walk around, and Nova had caught nothing. The sun was beginning to get higher in the sky, and he could already feel the warmth on his back, although with the rain coming down like it was, this didn't mean much. Nova decided to send out Machop and Houndour to keep him company during the wait for a fish. Houndour yawned a little bit, then decided to lie down next to Nova and watch the fish going by. Machop yawned, moved under a tree, then started stretching, he had already figured out they wouldn't be going anywhere soon. A short while later and Nova noticed some orange mixed in with the blue. 'Hm, is that a pokemon?', Nova asked himself, then whipped out his pokedex and scanned it. The machine fed him a picture of the orange fish he had seen, and stated, " Magikarp, the fish pokemon. Famous for being very unreliable, It can be found swimming in seas, lakes, rivers and shallow puddles. "
    "Hm, that isn't too promising…oh wait! Let's see if it can evolve into anything first!", Nova said, then hit a few buttons, and before long another image was shown. The pokedex read, "Gyarados, the Atrocious pokemon,once Gyarados goes on a rampage, its ferociously violent blood doesn't calm until it has burned everything down. There are records of this Pokémon's rampages lasting a whole month", upon hearing this, combined with the pokedex picture, Nova was more then a little hesitant about getting a pokemon that would evolve into something like a Gyarados.
    "Hey, Machop, Houndour, come here, what do you think of this?", Nova asked the 2 small pokemon, then showed them the picture of Gyarados. The two smiled a little, backing up a bit. "Well, come on, it would definitely help us out with the gyms and such, right?", Machop stopped backing away at this, then looked as if he was thinking hard, then gave a thumbs up, smiling. Houndour, seeing him smile at the scary picture, smiled too. "Alright then, I guess I'll give it a go at catching that Magikarp!", Nova stated, pointing at the orange fish.
    Nova plopped back down onto the ground, and then started focusing intently on the Magikarp as it swam in circles beneath his feet. It seemed to be taunting him. Machop watched all of this with a bright interest. Once, when Nova just about had it, the Magikarp sped up and splashed water in his face. That was a challenge if Nova had ever seen one. Nova pulled Houndour over to his side, then ordered an ember at the fish. Houndour looked at Nova with a sparkle in his eye, then unleashed a flurry of embers at the fish pokemon. Magikarp looked surprised that it was actually being attacked, and by a fire type, no less! Magikarp hopped out of the water, skillfully evading the fire balls, although Nova was prepared for that, "Machop grab it, then throw it to me!", the small pokemon reacted fast, he leapt at the fish and swiftly threw it to Nova, falling in the water as he did so. A small crowd of people had crowded around, watching the newfound entertainment.
    Machop had overshot the throw however, and ended up smacking the fish into a tree, fainting it instantly. Climbing out of the water, Machop noticed Houndour and Nova staring at it.
    "Hm, this Magikarp has white whiskers, but the pokedex picture shows them being orange, what's with that?", Nova wondered out loud. Suddenly the pokedex beeped and Nova opened it to hear, " Magikarp males have orange whiskers, while females have white whiskers"
    "Oh, I see so this Magikarp is a girl?", Nova realized, "Hm, well since you knocked it out, this will be the Magikarp for us! I hope it doesn't wind up like the Pidgey though…", Nova pulled a poke ball out and dropped it on her head, and waited for the end result.

(OOC:If you don't think I should have the Old Rod, then I suppose I could make it break or something)

Last edited:

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Reviews
    (Click Show Content!)

Royal
    Spoiler:

Swiftswim
    The pokeball shakes...
    Spoiler:

Scarecrow1113
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

†sukuyomi

Going Digital
    Years
  • Nova smirked as the poke ball came to a stop, 'There was no way that I wouldn't catch it…', he thought. Machop grinned, then sneezed. The light sprinkle of the morning had turned into a downpour by now, and Nova and his two pokemon weren't suited for the rain in the least. "Alright, take a break, you did good", and he swiftly recalled the pokemon. Walking back to the pokemon center, Nova left Magikarp in the capable hands of Nurse Joy, then walked back out to find a place with trainer supplies. A half hour later, and Nova returned with a dark blue backpack and raincoat, a bunch of cooking materials, and a few potions. After retrieving Magikarp from the center, Nova walked out, and decided to begin training his new Magikarp.

Leaving Viridian City, Nova set his eyes on a nearby river, 'It would be perfect for training her', he thought. "Magikarp, come out!", he said. The Magikarp looked blankly at him. Next, Nova called Houndour out of his poke ball. "Magikarp, I want you to try and dodge all the attacks that Houndour sense your way, okay?", Nova said, although she looked as if she couldn't understand him. Houndour began to fire ember attacks at the fish, and it seemed that Magikarp indeed didn't understand Nova as she just swam in place and took all the attacks head on. Although, with the type resistance, coupled with the rainy weather, the attacks did next to nothing to her. Another round of fire balls was shot her way, but still she didn't dodge. 'Come on now…', Nova thought. A third batch of fire was sent towards Magikarp, and Nova made motions to move, Magikarp finally understood, it was supposed to dodge. Dodge them she did, and moving from side to side, it appeared that she was focused now. Another round, and a perfect dodge followed, 'She is getting the hang of it! Go Magikarp…', Nova cheered silently. He walked close to the river, and gave the fish a thumbs up, and a smile.
    Giving a fishie smile, it leapt out of the water, then splashed Houndour. He was so surprised by this sudden wave, that for an instant he forgot that he was helping to train the fish, and roared loudly. Magikarp swam back a few feet, then, realizing no harm would come to her, swam forward slowly. 'Man…if it gets scared at that, then this is gonna be harder then I thought…', Nova thought.

"Alright, let's take a break.", and with that, Nova walked under a tree and pulled off his hood. Houndour followed him over and proceeded to shake himself dry. Magikarp was busy amusing herself with butting her head against a small log. On one go at the log, she hit a sharp part of the log, and it angered her. Butting the log with growing intensity, she worked herself into a frenzy. "Hm, Houndour what do you think of…", Nova's voice trailed off as he heard an interesting cracking sound coming from Magikarps' direction. Walking over to get a clear view of the source of the noise, revealed Magikarp hitting a log over and over, and what was even more surprising, was that a small crack was beginning to show in the log.

Pulling out his pokedex, Nova scanned Magikarp, and learned that it still only had splash, although the word 'Tackle' was fading in, ever so slowly. It appeared that Magikarp was close to gaining a new move! Finally, after one last charge, the log finally snapped in two, then floated down the river. Glancing down at the pokedex again, Nova saw that Tackle was about halfway faded in. 'It looks like it will be a bit longer until Magikarp can actually attack…', Nova thought as he gave a thumbs up to the happy Magikarp.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back