• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

An eeveelution I made.

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
    Ok first off, dont criticise or judge too harshly at my drawing. I kinda didnt bother too much with the light shading and it was drawn on paint.
    Anyhoo, sorry mods if this is the wrong section coz I dunno where to post this.

I call this new eeveelution Drakeon!
    An eeveelution I made.

Yes the tail looks a bit dodgy but I ran out of ideas when it came to the tail XP.

Evolves from: Eevee via level up in (insert area name here)
    Ability: (Not so sure on this one, was thinking Pressure, Marvel Scale or Levitate)
    Type: Dragon
    Moveset:
    Tackle, Sand Attack, Quick Attack, Twister, Bite, Dragonbreath, Dragon Dance, Roost, Dragon Rush

So any comments in improving this drawing and ideas in what ability it should have/where it should evolve at?

LATEST UPDATE:
    An eeveelution I made.

Name: Aeoleon
    Type: Flying
    Evolves from: Eevee via Dawn Stone
    Ability: (Most likely Serene Grace, give me ideas on this)
    Moveset: Tackle, Sand Attack, Quick Attack, Refresh, Mist, Air Cutter, Roost, Agility, Aerial Ace, Aura Sphere, Endeavor, Sky Attack

Last edited:

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    That's a really nice peice of work! I'd say Levitate and as for an evolution spot....how about Mount Coronet? It's were Dialga/Palkia/Giratina are,and they are Dragon types too.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    I like it but it's facing the wrong way so it would look weird in a game. Also the tail on the second one looks really awkward kind of like it was pasted onto the sprite. Other than that they are really nice.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Aww! <3 It's adorable. =3 Though the tail looks stolen from Milotic. . It's facing the wrong way, but that's not a biggie since it's not in the actual games and, therefore, doesn't matter.

The only thing I really don't like about this are the horns. They just look weird, but the wings are great!

EDIT:
    I think it's ability should be, maybe, either Damp or Rough Skin. I'm still looking in to where it should evolve. ^^

Years
    I'll give you some constructive crit to help you improve. Mmk? :3

Overall, I think it's fairly solid. The parts seem to flow together well, especially the wings. The version with the tail out is much better, IMO, then the one with the tail in. But there's a biiiiig problem: it's saved as .jpg! This is a biiiig no-no for pixels, because the artifacts make it uneditable, unusable in games, and pretty much only useful for looking. Save as .PNG. Let that become your mantra.

...Now, onto the sprite itself. It looks like you took the general idea of what it means to be a dragon: dragon wings, horns, and a scaly tail, and you pasted it on to an eeveelution body. And, like I said before, it flows fairly well. I just think it's sort of uninspired. You picked a generic, dragonish blue for it, without considering the colors and stuff that makes an Eeveelution: they usually have two or more main colors (think Flareon, Umbreon, Leafeon). They also do not have wings, or any appendages on their back, because they are quadrupeds.

I'm not saying this is a bad sprite, by any means: you combine the idea of a dragon with the idea of an eeveelution just fine. It just requires a little more effort in terms of design to be really impressive. ;D

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
    Another Eeveelution I made

Again, I was bored and to draw up a flying type evolution for Eevee (if there was light type, I'd be that type)

An eeveelution I made.

Name: Aeoleon
    Type: Flying
    Evolves from: Eevee via Dawn Stone
    Ability: (Most likely Serene Grace, give me ideas on this)
    Moveset: Tackle, Sand Attack, Quick Attack, Refresh, Mist, Air Cutter, Roost, Agility, Aerial Ace, Aura Sphere, Endeavor, Sky Attack

So any comments and constructive criticism for this?

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    It's so cute! =3 It evolves with a Dawn Stone, eh? Nice. Kind of like the Classic evolves, Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon they evolve with stones. :)

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    Wowzer...not bad!

With the second one, it can be easily remedied if you just shift the tails stub around a bit more... (right now it looks like it's protruding from it's thigh...)

Begin the tail in the same spot as the first one...
    An eeveelution I made.

...then edit the sprite a bit to twist the tail from the back to the front and have it end it the same exact spot. it might make the tail look a bit more enlongated...but it would at least help with the anatomy issue.

as for the pose of the first one, i think it's actually fine as it is, and bringing the tail around isn't really neccesary...

the only other thing i could really say is that you should angle IT'S right ear a bit, because it looks like it is wearing a tiara or a hat or has a monarch butterfly on it's head... maybe lower the left ear down, and tuck the right one behind the head a bit more? I dont know, it's your sprite and your call, just a suggestion ^_^

Anyways, it's great, and the r/b/y sprite is also great looking! Keep up the great work

Keep Spriting!

Back