• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gummibar: The Fourth Reich

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Hello again! For those of you who don't know me, my name is Revolución, but I usually just go by Gummy. This is actually my second showcase as the first one committed suicide died peacefully. If for any reason you wish to see some of my older works, you can simply click this handy dandy [link]. This showcase will be ran a bit differently from my last one, the main difference being I won't abominable creations. I'm already too lazy to post my goodies, so why go through all the trouble searching my folders just so we all can get a few luls? Anyways, before we get to what you most likely came here for, there are a few rules (which will seem oddly familiar if you visited my last thread):

Rules

1) No stealage. Honestly, if you see a banner you like and I haven't given it to someone already, just ask and I'll gladly give it to you (with credit, of course)
    2) The truth will set you free. Feel free to be brutally honest with my banners.
    3) Request at your own peril. I am currently too busy/lazy to take any requests. If, for some odd reason God tells you to request from me instead of all the other great GFX artists we have here, do it through PMs/VMs and I might accept.
    4) It's "Da Rulez!. Follow all G&P and PC rules.

Banna-time

I)

I gave CME's tut a go.

II)

My one and only sprite banner. I might try it again sometime.

III)

Ummm... no comment?

IV)

SPPf contest.

V)

Entered in SOTW#??. Lost, but did well (IMO). Stock

VI)

Don't ask me what the render is; I don't know either. xD

VII)

Made for BHwolfgang. If it was up to me, I would have no text.

VIII)

I love the Disgaea character designs.

IX)

Again, for BH and I would have liked it with no text.

X)

Persona? I'm not entire sure...

XI)

Been meaning to change text color, but laziness has taken over.

XII)

Grimmy iz mah main homie, yo. (CT's tut)

XIII)

Entered in latest SOTW. Up against a lot of good entries, though. Stock

I've made a few more than these, but the other are kind of... meh. Hope you like what you seen and maybe I'll actually update this thread from time to time! =D

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Apparently we all follow CT's smudge tutorial XD Anyways, I love most of your work, especiall XIII and III (The uniqueness is great, I must say). Keep going plox XD

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    For that first request you've made for me, can you resize it to 400x150? Lol. I really like it, but... it's kinda big. :P

If you do resize it, then you can take out the text. ^^

I absolutely hate that second tag. Sorry, but it's one of the reason why I didn't requested from you often. That tag just comes back and creeps me out of the possibilities....

I really like the Soul Eater one. =) It's really good.

Years
    Spoiler:
    Your new works show what an improvement you have recently made Gummy.
    The above are absolutely awesome works you have made.
    My fave is the soul eater and disgea tag. Keep up the amazing work.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Seven through twelve. D: I am just not a fan of your work during this time period. But I won't comment on those.

Your SoTW entry is gold. Those two colors = my favoriteeeee. Well not my favorite, but they're up therrrreee. I definitely think you need some sharpen. Even if you were going for a depth effect, I'm not feeling the whole blur thing making any depth in this, and so it's detracting from the whole thing overall. D: Thus, why I recommend, a sharpen. The text and colors are amazing though, and the pentooling?

Fabulous.

Loki thumbs up. :>

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    LOOK GUYS, EFFORT!

Apparently we all follow CT's smudge tutorial XD Anyways, I love most of your work, especiall XIII and III (The uniqueness is great, I must say). Keep going plox XD
    CT's tutorial was awesome. XD
    Thanks for the compliments.

For that first request you've made for me, can you resize it to 400x150? Lol. I really like it, but... it's kinda big. :P

If you do resize it, then you can take out the text. ^^

I absolutely hate that second tag. Sorry, but it's one of the reason why I didn't requested from you often. That tag just comes back and creeps me out of the possibilities....

I really like the Soul Eater one. =) It's really good.

Not entirely sure what you mean by that, but I have a good guess. And sorry to hear about he second tag... but at least you like the Soul Eater one.

Of all of these my favorite are:

whimh5.png
    &
    33mbc5s.png

Keep it up, these are all pretty good.

Thank you!

We want YOU. In the GB&C Group. Please join XD We want you :3

I'll embarrass myself :x
    but I'll take this as a compliment so thanks dukey

Spoiler:

Your new works show what an improvement you have recently made Gummy.
    The above are absolutely awesome works you have made.
    My fave is the soul eater and disgea tag. Keep up the amazing work.

That's exactly what I want to hear, I've been trying really hard to improve and expand my "style". Everyone seems to like the SE tag. ^^

Seven through twelve. D: I am just not a fan of your work during this time period. But I won't comment on those.

Your SoTW entry is gold. Those two colors = my favoriteeeee. Well not my favorite, but they're up therrrreee. I definitely think you need some sharpen. Even if you were going for a depth effect, I'm not feeling the whole blur thing making any depth in this, and so it's detracting from the whole thing overall. D: Thus, why I recommend, a sharpen. The text and colors are amazing though, and the pentooling?

Fabulous.

Loki thumbs up. :>

Lokes used the word "fabulous" in my thread! leik ohmigosh, someone take a screen! xDD
    I wasn't going for the depth effect, but as you can see in the stock, the BG was already blurred. I tried out the sharpen on the tag but it didn't turn out so well, so I think I'll keep it this way. And yes, that's pentooling.

------

lol only one update guys (but its a start)

XIV)

took a few tips from dukey's tut

Last edited:

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Banna-time

V)

Entered in SOTW#??. Lost, but did well (IMO). Stock

VIII)

I love the Disgaea character designs.​

X)

Persona? I'm not entire sure...​

XIII)

Entered in latest SOTW. Up against a lot of good entries, though. Stock
    Left the ones I liked the most, Gummy. You are probably one of the best graphic artist here at PC.

took a few tips from dukey's tut
    Dukey made a tutorial? Didn't know, but most have been one hell of a tutorial because this tag is awesome.

Keep up the good work. :)

Vie

Years
    IV and IX are my favorites...great work!
    aww...some people are gifted with great talents. =]

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Thank you all for the compliments. I'll try to live up to them. ^^

-----

XV)

Not anime!?!? But no flow, sadly. Good first attempt, right?

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    My Gummy is improving muchly! -sniff-

Some amazing stuff there, Gumz! You're doing so much better with color and you're learning a lot of great things. I personally don't like eleven and twelve compared to others that I haven't seen previously, but I'm not going to say anything about them. Oh nd btw i hate teh c4d on numbur seven. it makezorz mi hart sad. ): BUT! Some of your tags are absolute 10000000% improvements from two months ago when I last saw your work. Bravo to you, Gummy!

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    lol, thought it died didn't you?

-----

XVI)
    Alternate
    I understand a lot of people hate 3D Pokemon renders. Well I like them SO BACK OFF

XVII)

I <3 Riku manipulating stocks. Stock

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
    i love the one with mugen. my code of honor right above the sword.

the one with kid from soul eater is pretty good too. i like the arrows going all around

DF

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    Last ones hot mate but you need to clean the others up a bit.
    Alot of your stuff is to messy.

Back