• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Photograph of the ????

Photograph of the ????
Discussion Thread

Like it's signature producing counterpart this thread is for discussing the (creation of a) photograph competition in this section.

Things we need to think about include:
  • The frequency of this competition
  • Rules (clone copy of signature of the week?)
  • And whatever else you can think of

I guess we can discuss now! XD

Last edited by a moderator:

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    I'd prefer weekly myself, I think that's plenty of time to be able to set up and shoot a photo.

However POTFuN does have a nice ring to it. xD

Photograph of the ????

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Weekly sounds good. It shouldn't take a month or so just to take a picture and take five minutes to strengthen the resolution in Photoshop or something.

Rules
    • No stealing of pictures!
    • Don't be rude.
    • Be respectful.
    Just some key rules right there.

Years
    • ny
    • Seen May 17, 2009
    think it should be weekly
    and unlike tags i think the photos should be uploaded to deviant art and linked from there preferably
    im pretty sure most of you have one
    just my opinion

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    This is up faster than I expected. We need some very specific rules on how much we can Photoshop the pictures.

This is what I came up with for editing rules.

• do not add anything to you're picture
    • try to keep actual editing to small touchups (lens dust problems, etc.)
    • try to keep adjustment layers to minimum
    • you may not add aditional lighting (ie. with a brush, or whatever)

Plus, I think it will be really obvious if some stupid kid decides to go all out on photoshop and screw around with his photo. There should be a disqualification rule about that, because sadly I think alot of people would still vote for him/her.

ruby

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    I for one hate deviant art, uploading takes way too long.

Also, you say you can't add anything to your picture but what about my entry for the Doctor Who SoTW?

Photograph of the ????

Stocks: 1 2

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I think that is fine, because you are setting up a shot that you want to fit the theme. .o.'

ruby

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    Should have made that clearer; Didn't mean props, I meant how I changed the cover. Px

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Oh that might be a bit iffy, though you could say it shows your enthusiasm for the show. xD

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I think a simple edit like that is pushing the limits, but not exactly breaking them. Maybe we should pick one designated person to review all the entries and decide what breaks the rules and what doesn't.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    That's usually done by whoever hosts it and a few well known graphic designers. Was in sotw entry rules last time I read them. xD

SoTW #52 - DOGS (Manga)
    The winner of SoTW #50 - Set Stock was Tiny.
    Please congratulate them in their profile rather than flooding this thread.

Description:
    Not the animal.

Rules:
    • Limit: one entry per person.
    • Your entry must be relevant to the current theme. Myself, and other members of the graphics community will be the judge of how well your entry relates, if ever it's relevancy should come into question.
    • You may edit your banners once you submit them.
    • You may not enter if you chose the theme.
    • All entries must be made during the SoTW time period. Previously made banners will be disqualified.

Good luck to all contestants, and please post any SoTW questions, feedback, etc in the SoTW Discussion Thread.

It'd have similar rules.

Years
    • ny
    • Seen May 17, 2009
    i think the only thing you should be able to do with the photo is edit it with a few adjustments and or make it b/w

putting 2 pictures together shouldnt be allowed

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Personally, I think we should just take the picture and don't even play with it.

Let the 'original' picture win by itself.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I agree with JD however I like the idea of putting it in black and white using Photoshop.
    I think editing should be the very bare minimum. What Josephine did, in my opinion is too much of an edit.

engage'

a new horizon
    Years
    Maybe we should restrict edit limits to changing to B&W/Sepia/etc, and Curves and Levels?

And what about a watermark? A small, logo type image somewhere in the corner that doesn't take the focus away from the image?

Back