• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Adventures: Sparkling Gold, Shining Crystal and Metallic Silver

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    Pokémon Special: Sparkling Gold, Shining Crystal and Metallic Silver

Basically a fic about the Pokémon Manga. This talks about Gold's and Chris's (Crystal) adventures to try and complete their National Dex while travellng around Johto and Kanto.

As the plot goes on we'll also see Silver, who's travelling around the regions in hopes of finding clues about his family. As the action heats on, so does the plot so enjoy.

Pokémon Special: Sparkling Gold, Shining Crystal and Metallic Silver

Chapter 1: You're So Purugly

The sun was as always shining down on New Bark town; the little town situated on the outs of Johto was playful as always. People were walking around the town stores, or playing games on the game stands, kids were swimming on the river or they were playing with boats on the bridge that united the two sides of the town.

Far from the city there was a house on a plain, a big wooden fence that covered the four sides of the two floored bricked house. On the second floor a kid is putting some stuff on his grey backpack. He wears a red jacket with a yellow and black hat, a black hair sticking out from the hat which he wore backwards, his confident face and yellow eyes looking down at the backpack.

"Come on Ataro" Gold looked over at his bed, a purple colored monkey was jumping on the bed, and it had a hand for a tail with long yellow ears and a funny looking round face with two wide eyes. The Aipom jumped on its owner's head and looked at the squared looking machine, which had the figure of a pokéball in the middle and a small green button on the middle of the pokéball.

He walked over to the brown desk on the other side of his room and grabbed his white goggles; they were a little dusty but with just a few wipes it was practically shining. He put the goggles over the hat and grinned. "Can't get out without these either can we" he laughed and started walking out of his room.

His mom was sitting on the living room watching some TV, she had black hair cut to the sides and was wearing a white apron with a long yellow skirt. He got down to the living room and ran over to the kitchen counter to grab a burger. "Good morning Gold" she said as she got up from the couch and walked over to her son. "You're all packed up?"

"Yep" Gold gave her a thumb up. "I'm meeting Kris in Professor Elm's lab and then we'll be leaving for Goldenrod" Gold swallowed the burger. "Guess I'll be out for a while, but Professor Oak really wants Kris and me to finish our Pokédex" he laughed while putting his hand behind his head.

"Yeah, now don't be having a lot of fun with Crystal" his mom winked her right eye. Gold chuckled a little.

"I gave up on her years ago, we're just friends now" Gold nodded his head. "Although I won't guarantee I won't be behind a lot of girls while I'm travelling" he chuckled again.

"Yeah that's just what every mother wants to hear" she sighed and walked outside. "Just remember, to watch out for danger and to take care of yourself" she giggled and Gold nodded at her comment.

Gold walked out of his house and ran over to the entrance. "Well, guess this is goodbye" Gold waved at his mom one last time before running off with Ataro on his head. "Okay Ataro, ready to travel once more" Gold looked up and saw the little monkey nodding. "Okay return" he returned it into its pokéball and then it started jumping inside.

"Let's move faster" Gold kneeled down and got his skateboard out from his backpack. "The scooter's being repaired, so we'll have to use this" Gold jumped on the skateboard and skated off. He constantly looked down at his belt to check that his six pokéball were still there. "Go Explotaro ride with us."

Then a big looking dog came out, it had a spiky black hair on its back and yellow hair on the front with a long neck that ended up on a beast looking mouth, it had four legs; but it seemed like it could go in two, it also had red spots on its back. The Typhlosion smiled and started running next to its trainer.

"I know, its being a long time since you came out, but you almost burned our house last time" Gold shook his head as he passed through the stores. He waved hi to the people and crossed the bridge, and then he started doing some tricks on his skateboard so he could impress some girls that were nearby.

Gold winked at them as he passed by. "They want me, and they can't hide it" he started laughing and saw the exit to New Bark coming up; after that he turned right and started riding over to a small house near a grass fields far from the stores. "I wonder if they're even awake, Kris told me she's been doing some research, and when she's determined she can do anything" he laughed nervously.

He grabbed his Skateboard and put it inside his backpack; which had a lot of space. Gold jumped over the gate and started walking to the house. It looked like a white two floored house, although most of the first floor was as research center, and the rest was the rooms of the house, Gold should know he snuck in there four years before.

Gold knocked on the door. "Hey Elm, or Oak or Kris open up!" he yelled; after a few seconds he heard some footsteps coming to the door. The door opened up and Gold was facing a girl. She was wearing a pink long sleeve jacket that only covered half her back, she was wearing an orange shirt, she had a long black hair that was combed on two sides and she was wearing a pair of short shorts both in black and yellow just like Gold's own shorts, she also had a white hat and two star shaped earring.

"Oh hey Gold, you're here early I thought we'll have to go pick you up" she narrowed her eyes at him.

"Very funny Kris, now let me in" Kris moved aside and let Gold walk inside the lab. "So where are Elm and Oak?" he asked. Kris was professor Oak's assistant which meant that the professor was there too for a visit.

He went to the room next to it. There were two people in it, the first one was a man with a white lab coat, he had a pair of glasses and a brown hair that was combed up, he had kind of a nerdy look on his eyes, he was wearing a pair of brown pants and a blue shirt.

The other was a man around his mid sixties, he had a silver hair and was wearing a lab coat just like Elm, he wore a pair of beige pants and a pair of brown moccasins, he looked a little shorter than Elm but the look on his eyes sure was wiser.

"Oh hey Gold" Oak smiled at Gold and walked over to him. "Nice to see you again my boy" the two of them shook hands.

"Hi Gold" Elm said; this one when Gold noticed they were researching a Purugly. It looked like a big fat purple fur cat, it had white fur under it, and it had a long tail and a big ugly face with two long ears and zigzagged whiskers.

"Is that a Purugly, what are you doing with it?" Gold started walking over at the Purugly. "Did Kris catch it?"

"No" Professor Oak said. "A Pokedex Holder in the Sinnoh Region caught it and transferred it here" Oak said and showed him the data. "She's being sending a lot of Sinnoh Pokemon lately, maybe you'll meet her, I hear she's coming over here" Oak smiled.

"I see, wow this girl looks cute" Gold chuckled as he looked at the picture. Kris frowned once she came in.

"You better not get distracted while we travel, remember we're going to investigate the parts of Johto that have new Pokemon" she said.

"Don't worry Kris" Gold waved his hand like a fan. "Just mind your own business, I'm just there to help" he said with a tired look.

"I'm just saying, you should focus, which you're not doing right now" Kris pulled from his ear. "Okay?"

"Ow, ow, okay let me go!" he yelled and Kris lost her grip.

"Just to know where we stand" she giggled and smiled.

"Well, we better go" Gold started walking off but Kris stopped him.

"We need to look at your Pokemon first, they need to be healed" Kris took his pokeball and took them to the healing machine.

"Is it ready yet!!?" Gold yelled after a few minutes, he really wanted to get done with it.

"Here it is" Kris said with annoyance. "Remember we have to be careful, we can't deal with having a Pokémon weak enough as to lose with just one hit if we battle" Kris said.

"Yeah, whatever, let's just get going" Gold got up and frowned when they heard and explosion coming from the researching room. "What was that?" he turned to Kris.

"I don't know, but let's check it out" they started running into the researching room. When they got to the research room they saw Professor Oak and Professor Elm trying to dodge Purugly's Hyper Beam attacks. "Gold, Kris, you have to stop it!" Elm yelled while hiding under a desk.

"Leave it up to me" Gold grinned and got one of his pokéballs out.

"Gold, I'll do it" Kris got in front and put a pokéball on the floor, but Gold stopped her.

"This is another Trainer's Pokémon, we have to return it, not catch it, plus it's probably full of energy right now, even if you're a Pro Catcher, you still have to weaken it a lot" Gold put the pokéball on the floor, then he got a stick out from his backpack and then he made the stick grow till it became a billiard cue. He put the cue over the ball and hit it as the ball started bouncing on the wall.

The ball kept bouncing making the Purugly dizzy. Then it bounced off the floor and hit Purugly on its face. The pokéball popped open and a tree like Pokémon came out, it was brown and had two arms with two branch looking arms and green spheres in every branch, it had some kind of small plant on its head and various yellow spots on its chest.

"Okay Utaro, use Frail" the Sudowodo ran at Purugly and started shaking its arms; it hit Purugly on the face and pushed it to the wall. "Nice" Gold grinned.

Purugly growled at Utaro and fired a ball of dark energy. "Utaro use Mimic" Utaro charged for a moment and then fired a ball that looked just like Purugly's. "Now use Low Kick" Utaro slid on the floor and kicked Purugly onto a shell, the shell fell down once Purugly bounced off.

"Okay Kris" Gold raised his cue. "I'm almost done with it, your turn" he said and walked behind Kris.

She put Purugly's pokéball on the floor and kicked it with her right leg. The ball sped up and it was so fast Purugly was returned instantly once it got hit "It may not be a wild Pokémon, but that still counts as a successful captured for the pro" Kris smiled and walked over to the pokéball that was on the floor.

"Yeah, you don't have to point it out every time you know" Gold frowned and looked away.

"Wow, not too sharp there Kris, neither were you Gold I see being off for some time didn't affected you much" Oak said after he walked up to the two of them. "Give me your Pokédex" he stretched his hands out.

Gold glanced at Kris and then the two of them gave Oak their Pokédexes. "What do you want them for professor?" Kris asked.

"I'm going to upgrade your Pokédexes, here's the new model I've been making" he gave them a rectangle shaped machine, it had to screens once you opened it, it came with a camera and some kind of scanner on the side of it, on the down screen there were buttons in which you could select a Pokémon, and in the upper part was the picture of the Pokémon.

Gold look at his Pokédex it was golden and he noticed Kris's was kind of a pink shaded Pokédex. "They come in colors?"

"Yeah, I think it's time to be more I don't know creative, this way it's easier" Oak nodded his head.

"Don't worry professor we'll use them wisely" Kris said. After the two of them transferred the data from their old Pokédexes to their new ones, once they were done; they were finally ready to leave the lab.

Gold breathed in some air, Explotaro was looking at the sky together with him, it was standing in four legs. "You hear that, that's the wind, the wind that's going to fear us once we start travelling, cause we're back in action" Gold grinned while clenching his fist.

"You're too cocky" Kris shook her head and walked up to him. "Well go to Goldenrod and then we'll take the electric train to Saffron City" she said.

"Why are we going to Kanto?" Gold asked with a curious look on his face.

"There's more Pokémon there, from every region" Kris nodded her head while smiling. "This way we'll get more data for our Pokédex, plus we'll get to explore Kanto" she walked in front of Gold.

"Great, that means we might see Red again, I'll show him how much I've improved since he trained me" Gold smirked while pointing at himself. "Okay then Kris, let's go and show Kanto how the Johto Pokédex Holders do it" Kris nodded and the two of them started running.

Gold got his skateboard out while Kris walked to the corner of the fence and picked up her new bike. Then the two rode off into the road.

"Hey Kris can we stop by Cherrygrove first?" Gold asked her after a few minutes.

"Sure, what for?" Kris asked.

"I need to pick up my Scooter" he said looking over at the sun again preparing for what could happen on the future.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    Still Skarmony

The lush forest of Route 29, the trees were still wet from the rain in the previous day. The floors full of puddles and the wild Pokémon were still sleeping. Except bird Pokémon who came flying like torpedoes at the sight of the sun, the leaves of the trees getting blown off.

Today's the first day of winter, which means bird Pokémon are migrating so that they can survive the cold season, Pokémon like Pidgeot, Swablu, Staravia or even rare flying Pokémon like Skarmony are flying around the Route getting ready to go to their new homes.

The Pokémon changed to an alarmed mood as they saw something speeding up behind them. It was a barrage of pokéballs. The flying Pokémon started using attacks to block the pokéballs; but the pokéballs acted as if they were alive and in the end ended up crashing with them and caught them.

The pokéballs bounced of the floor and started rolling and crashing with the trees. The Marsh Balls, Timer Balls and Heal Balls were still trying to hold the Pokémon off. Someone walked over to the many pokéballs and started grabbing them one by one.

"Hitmonee go get me those over there" Chris said to a humanoid Pokémon with red gloves, it had a blue fighting suit and it had some kind of brown armor that looked like a crown on the head. The Hitmonchan started picking up the pokéballs that were scattered.

"I wonder where Gold is, he left the camp site as soon as the sun came out" Chris said wiping off the sweat on her forehead. "Oh well, he has his own life I got mine, we should just leave it like that shouldn't we" she frowned and started picking more pokéballs.

Gold was resting near a waterfall, the clear water rushing down almost getting out of the trench and hitting his face. He wasn't wearing his red jacket; so he only had his black undershirt. "It's such a nice day, I think I might just stay here the whole day" he said looking sideways a scooter was next to one of the trees tied around a tree branch.

"Good thing Chris and I got to Cherrygrove fast, now I got my scooter back, and we can move faster" he looked up again. "But, it's not the same, not without Silver travelling with us, he'll probably won't even want to" he stopped and looked down. "But we're a team we're suppose to travel as one" he said while clenching his fist.

He rested on the floor again. "But, I guess when you're trying to find out more about his roots you don't have time for that, besides knowing his dad was the leader of Team Rocket that's all he knows about his family" he said closing his eyes again.

Ataro walked over to him and started looking up at the sky together with him. "Well at least we can enjoy this fresh air again" he said smiling and then he got up and put his red jacket again. "Well we better go back with Chris, we'll be getting to Violet City soon" he said as he walked up to his scooter, got on it and started riding off into the forest.

After a few minutes he finally found Chris packing up their things. "About freakin time, I thought I was about to leave without you!" Chris yelled and threw Gold's backpack into his arms. "Now move, I want to get to Violet before noon" Chris smiled and started riding on her bicycle.

Violet City was just ahead, everyone was walking around the little city, the houses were all lined up, and kids were playing around. There were monks walking over to the Sprout towers; in which Gold went once where he had his second battle against Silver. "Wow its sure being a long time since I was here" Gold said looking around the city.

"Same for me, I used to work at the Pokémon Academy down the corner, that's actually how I started out before Professor Oak recruited me" Chris said as she started walking deeper into the city.

Gold didn't listen to Chris because he was thinking of her in a school uniform with a small skirt. "Wow" he said after a few minutes.

He finally snapped out when Chris punched him on the stomach. "Pervert!" she yelled as, she kicked him where a man doesn't want to be kick. "Why do I bother" she frowned and started walking off.

"Where are you going?" Gold asked her while trying to recover his breath. "Damn, why did she have to hit me so hard" Gold let himself fall on the floor in a piercing pain.

Gold was walking around Violet reminiscing back at when he went there with Explotaro and Ataro, back then he only had two Pokémon with him and Explotaro was a Cindaquil. Back then he still didn't know what he wanted to do and thinking back at it, he still doesn't know.

"I wonder where Falkner is, last time I was here I helped him get his Skarmony so he owes me, it helped him a lot during the Gym Leader Tournament four years ago" he said while breathing in a lot of air.

He saw a robber running past him followed by someone else. The guy had a long blue hair that covered his left eyes, he wore a white robe with a blue robe jacket, and he had black bands around both of his hands. The guy was flying on his Pidgeot as he chased after the burglar. "Speaking of the devil" Gold said grinning after he saw Falkner pass by.

Gold started chasing after Falkner and the burglar on his scooter. "We have to help him out like we always do" Gold enlarged his cue and took one of the pokéballs on his belt. He hit the ball with the cue and sent it flying towards the burglar; the burglar got hit by the ball and fell down to the floor. Then the pokéball popped open.

The Pokémon looked like a toad, it had a green body with a round yellow belly, it had a pair of yellow palms and yellow feet, and it also had a small hair sticking out from its head and pink cheeks. "Go Poltaro use Dizzy Punch" the Politoed jumped and punched the burglar with a rainbow colored fist.

Once the burglar fell down his eyes started spinning. Falkner ran over to him and cuffed him. "Violet City police you're under arrest" Falkner said pushing the burglar up from the ground. "Hope you enjoy jail" he said.

Falkner noticed Gold who was waving at him while grinning widely; he also had the Cue behind his neck while holding it with his two arms. "Oh hey Gold, long times no see" Falkner said he threw the burglar down; figuring he was pretty dizzy as to actually get up.

"I know I see you're still a policeman" Gold said chuckling.

"It's a full time job Gold" Falkner said.

"Hatching Pokémon isn't so easy" he said. "You try spending for years trying to perfect an ability that you barely understand yourself" Gold laughed.

"Yeah guess you're right, let me get this guy to the station and then we can go talk" Falkner said grabbing the guy again as the two started walking off.

Gold and Falkner were inside the gym. It looked like a big dome with the symbol of two silver wings on them. "So this is a gym, looks big" Gold said looking over at the cages that decorated the gym. "Just like everyone says" Gold saw a few Gym Assistants feeding the flying Pokémon so he took his chance to let his own Pokémon get food.

"Yeah, a gym is a big place and it's a place which needs a lot of care and carefulness, and being a gymleader it's not so easy either" Falkner nodded his head after he came with two glasses of tea. "You have to take challenges the whole day, at least a Pokédex Holder you get to travel around" he started drinking his tea.

"I heard that from Blue" Gold said he looked down at his tea and started drinking.

"So what are you doing here?" Falkner asked after a few seconds of drinking.

"Chris and I left New Bark two days ago, we're going to Kanto catch some Pokémon from Sinnoh, since it's closer and it has Pokémon from all the regions Chris can get a lot of catches and I might get some info too" Gold said shrugging.

"And where's Chris?" Falkner asked again seeing how Gold was starting to get annoyed.

"She's visiting her old home, she used to work and live in the Pokémon Academy" Gold said leaning on the chair.

"How about a battle" Falkner got up. "I'll like to know how much you've improved since the last time we faced each other" Falkner grinned looking at Gold.

"Sure, but be careful, I could destroy your Pokémon" Gold chuckled confidently and took out a pokéball.

Falkner pressed a button that was under his chair. He got up and got Gold up as the two walked to different sides, the machine started letting out big noises as the seats and floor went in while a Pokémon field started coming out from under the gym. Gold stared at the field; in one sense this could actually be the first time he'll be fighting in a Pokémon field.

"You ready Gold" Falkner got out his Great Ball. "Cause you can always give up" he chuckled looking at Gold who was looking down.

Gold got his cue out. Then Falkner took a step back and threw the ball, it started flying towards Gold; it wasn't even spinning it was just flying. "What the hell?" Gold jumped out of the way, but he didn't notice the ball turning around as it flew past his face making a small cut. Falkner cut it again grabbing what seemed to be a sharp end that used to be transparent before.

"I assume you have forgotten that I got my own equip set of pokéballs right, or how I like to call them Boomeball" Falkner gave Gold a mocking smile. "As you can remember, I have to thank you if it wasn't for your help on capturing Skarmony four years ago, I wouldn't be able to use the steel feathers it lets out and attach it to my Great and pokéballs" Falkner nodded his head preparing to throw the Boomeball again.

"I got my own custom ball" Gold grinned and got one of his own pokéballs out. "I made the trade today, so now all of my Pokémon are in what I call the Gold Ball" he said as he took out a gold and white colored pokéball from his belt.

"What does it do?" Falkner asked.

Gold just positioned the ball and hit it with the cue, Falkner threw the Boomeball as both ball crashed with each other. A giant vulture like bird appeared its body was fully metallic it had a long peck with sharp feathers coming out of its wings, long metallic legs and a sharp tail. Skarmony was prepared to attack but once the Gold Ball opened it let out a huge light that blinded everyone; except Gold who took his chance to put on his goggles.

"Now Explotaro, Flame Wheel!" Gold yelled pointing his cue forward as Explotaro came out and let out a wheel of glowing flames from its fiery vane. Skarmony got hit by the Flame Wheel and winced in pain.

"Skarmony use Steel Wing" Falkner ordered. After the light faded Skarmony's wings turned metallic and it flew straight at Explotaro.

"I'm not gonna let you do that" Gold dashed off as Explotaro jumped out of the way. "Now Explotaro use your Flamethrower" Explotaro fired a huge jet of burning orange flames that crashed against Skarmony sending it flying back.

"Skarmony don't let it beat you, use Swift" Skarmony flew up far away from Explotaro as it fired a barrage of glowing feathers down at Explotaro. Explotaro got hit by they feathers and got sent back.

"Now Sky Attack" Skarmony dove down as it crashed with Explotaro's body after gathering energy. "Now, I'll switch before it recovers" Falkner proceeded to get another Boomeball out.

But he didn't noticed that Gold ran over to his side, Gold pushed his cue forward as it enlarged, Falkner jumped out making the cue crash with the floor instantly; but then the cue curved and bounced back going straight through Falkner's robe tearing the threads around his robe apart; the sound of the Boomeballs falling into the floor was loud thanks to the steel wings.

"I got you Falkner" Gold Grinned as her ran in to the field passed Explotaro and turned around looking at a startled Falkner who had just picked up one of his Boomeballs. Falkner threw the ball at the field.

"Explotaro, Blast Burn!" Gold yelled as Explotaro charged and fired a huge jet of red glowing burning flames that increased the heat of the room making Gold and Falkner sweat and the waves of heat were starting to burn Skarmony. The attack covered both Skarmony and the Boomeball that had just gotten in front of it.

Once the flames were gone Gold took off his goggles. "I win" he grinned before he saw another flying Pokémon coming out of the flames it had brown feather with a few red feathers on its head, fury red eyes a small orange beak white feathers on its chest and short orange talons with black paws.

"Let me introduce you to Staraptor, my new Pokémon" Falkner started chuckling. "Now you'll see my true power Gold"

"I can still beat you, it'll be easy against a Staraptor" Gold smiled confidently looking at Falkner.

"Not really Gold, I guess you don't remember" Falkner started. "But after Blast Burn you have to wait some time to use another attack, enough time for my Staraptor to finish you off" he grinned evilly looking down at Gold

Gold gasped discovering what Falkner meant. *He's right…how could I forget* Gold thought alarmed.

"Now, let's finish this without Explotaro moving, you're toast Staraptor Brave Bird!" Falkner yelled as Staraptor dove down covering itself with blue energy as it started flying down at Explotaro and alarmed Gold looking at it with a scared look ready for the worse.

TO BE CONTINUED…

Back