• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pkmn HG&SS for DS or DSi?

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    Hey everyone,

With the release of the dsi and the announcement of these new games, I started wondering.
    Would HG and SS include dsi features? Even so, wouldn't that mean we all need to buy a dsi?
    Caus people told me dsi games only work on dsi :s.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    No you could also play them on the normal DS if they are DSi enhanced cards. If so then all DSes would play them just without the features if its not on the DSi. Otheriwse if its DSi exclusive that would mean only DSi. Would I want features? I have no idea still iffy.

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

It's nice like Icicle Spears!
    Years
    I believe they will just release it as a regular DS game because Pokemon usually releases games out when the next system already came out. For example, Crystal Version came out in 2001 when the Game Boy Advance was out in 2001 and Emerald Version came out in 2005 when the DS was already out in 2004.

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    well its kind of logical that there should be a connection between the games and the dsi, well if nothing comes out that makes u crave to buy a dsi, then nobody would bye it, so i think it will work on both ds and dsi, but more features will be available wen played on dsi

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I guess it will have some DSi features if you have it, but I really hope it works for the normal DS, the same way G/S worked for the old Game Boy as well as for the GBC.

I guess we'll know soon, anyways.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    I hope it's for DS, i only recently got a DS lite. I don't want to have to buy a third one just yet!

While I don't want to have to buy a third one, at all. The DSi is just something I don't need, what with all the consoles I have... XD

Anyway, I don't think people will have to worry about the DS/DSi compatibility concerns, because if it does have DSi-based functions, they will probably just activate when the game is inserted into a DSi console. While in the DS, that door will just be closed. I'm hoping, at least. I honestly would lose hope in Nintendo, if they started forcing fans to buy an entirely new console, just to both sell the console and the game. Though I wouldn't put it past them...

Companies + Additional Features that require a new console = $$$

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I don't have DSi, so I'd just play them on the DS. I'm pretty cure sure you can do that.​

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
    i hate my dsi even thouhg it had those features, I think that HG and SS should be for all DS models from the old DS to the new DSi cuz if it's for the new dsi not much pokefan would buy the game

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    If they made Hg/Ss DSi exclusive, I would shoot Satoshi Tajiri. Because it'd be just plain mean to have the long awaited remakes available only on some expensive Nintendo console that not many people may be able to afford. I don't want Hg/Ss to have DSi exclusive features because I don't have a DSi :S

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
    If they made Hg/Ss DSi exclusive, I would shoot Satoshi Tajiri. Because it'd be just plain mean to have the long awaited remakes available only on some expensive Nintendo console that not many people may be able to afford. I don't want Hg/Ss to have DSi exclusive features because I don't have a DSi :S
    If it's a DSi Exclusive game i'll trade you my DSi for your DS (LOL)
    they should make it for all DS consoles So more and more people can buy it

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2009
    It will work for both DS's so quit worrying oh look at the main page of bulbapedia and youll see a screenshot where it says generation II remakes confirmed!!!!

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'm actually thinking they'll just release them as DS games, without any DSi features and probably keep those for the next Gen games.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Ok,i know this is a little off topic but let me clear something up about the DS and DSi, up until now we have just had are basic DS cards that work on all DS systems, but now with the DSi there will be two new carts out, DSi enhanced and DSi exclusive, DSi enhanced carts work on DS, DSlite & DSi, but if they are inserted into a DSi you get one or two enhanced features, where as DSi exclusive cart will have a huge amount of exclusive features and can ONLY be played on DSi, the DSi exclusive carts can also be used to run multi-cart games, so on topic HG/SS may have DSi exclusive carts but they will also have carts that will run on DS & DSlite as well, i hope this clears up any confusion people are feeling.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I really hope for it to be for all DS's. However, if it is exclusive for the DSi, then I will get it. This game is too much to ignore it.

... Well, we just have to wait and see, shall we?

Back