• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Gold comparison

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Ah time to compare new and old!
    Gold comparison

1)Old:Ball on Hoodie
    New: Holds ball
    2)Old: Big shoes with socks
    New: Simple no socks
    3)Old:Zipper not visible
    New: Zipper Visible
    4)Old: Hair is more spiky and hard looking
    New: Hair is more natural
    5)Old:Had the Velcro thing on Sleeves like Lucas
    New: Has sleeves rolled up a bit at the end
    6)Old: Loose shorts that matched with hat
    New: Shorts tightened at knees.
    7)Old:Bag was square and simple
    New: Bag is now a sling over. Resembles Brendan's
    8)Old:Hat was gold and black in the back
    New: Hat is black with a gold stripe in the middle
    9)Old: Poke-gear was more round and simplistic
    New: Poke-gear is now bigger and possibly better. Colored blue for gender
    10)Old:Simple hoodie
    New: Hoodie now has a collar of sorts
    11)Old:More stump yet sturdy looking
    New: Tall and fragile. A bit younger looking but with confidence.

So yeah that is all the differences between the 2. What do you think?

Last edited:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I think they made a pretty nice improvement with Gold. Comparing the two, I thought it was a bad idea with some of the changes, but actually seeing both of them visually, they made the newer Gold a lot better. The yes are also a new improvment by the way.

The old has more darker and solid eyes.
    The new has a more lightened eyes with a more eralistic look. The improvements between the two are pretty good, and I think they mde some nice character design choices on this remake.

Beco

That guy...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2012
    I really like the new design, although the shorts shoudln't have tightened at the knees. Still, this design is one of the best ever, only thing beating it is Fr/Lg's Red, and that's just very closely.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    I like how they gave him a lighthearted makeover (the smugginess should be left to Silver), but kept his overall look similar.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I agree they should have kept the pants more similar to the original Gold, but meh, it doesn't bother me too much.

I think he actually resembles Lucas a lot too, so if they were to switch clothes into Lucas', then they might appear a bit like brothers or twins.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Gold looks much better in my opinion. :3

It appears they slimmed down his design so he looks less bulky and cluttered. XD

And Yes, I do appreciate the lighthearted look of the newer Gold.

The only complaint I do have are those shorts, however, I can let that slide seeing that the newer design is more appealing than the older one. I guess that what happens when you have remakes. XD

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Gold > Lucas

Lucas is doing some kind of two finger gangster pose, but Gold's like "Get your pokeballs out, we're going to battle *insert grin*"

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I'm not talking about the position or clothing if that is what you mean. You have to look more at the structural design of the two, and more outside the box. They have the same face shape, same eye and eye color. Their both about equally slender, and tall-ish. And if you want to go to how they stand, then their feet are both positioned about the same along with their arms. All you have to do is bend Gold's arms like how it is in Lucas and there wouldn't be too much of a difference in that field.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The white collar isn't much an overkill for Gold. It makes the image more finished, besides without the collar, the top f his shirt or hoodie might have looked a bit to simple with the feel of something missing.

Back