• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Official] Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver - Revamped Game Music.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Approved by bobandbill. :3

This thread is for the official HG/SS music for Towns, Cities, Routes, and Battles. Just post any "official" theme you find here, and feel free to discuss them as well - whether you like them compared to the old tunes or not, and so forth. I will add it to the first post. :)

Just make sure to check this post for music if you want to listen. (A.K.A: Read before posting a theme, because it may have already been posted.)

So far, you'll just have to suffer through the people shouting Japanese during it all...

New Bark Theme:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4DDps8bHDo

Azalea Town + Prof Elm's Lab:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx8HRis83Wc

Last edited:
    Years
    New Bark's is amazing.Seriously,it's so perfect for a starter town theme.I love how it's so slow and timid.GameFreak did a really good job on it,and I hope they use the same skills we're used to to make the other town themes great too - Azalea was really cool!

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    I liked the New Bark theme <3 . its way quieter and better than Twinleaf theme >.<

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    that newbark isn't the official one. that's just some fan remix.

and inb4 itsucksbecauseitsnot<insertnostalgiareason>

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    My Post.....

Nice idea!I really like the themes.New bark has a nostalgic sound,don't you think?

I'm not writing every time i post this CSS design

Finnel

Years
    I really dislike the new New Bark Town theme, the original had a really nice beat but of course Nintendo had to go "SCREW THAT, CALM, BORING BEAT AND DULL BASS ONLY" with the remake.

Azalea Town sounds just fine though. I'm not quite sure what to think of the Lab theme, it sounds more like something you'd hear in the Game Corner.

I really don't like the D/P instruments, (and no, I don't want chiptunes, I just think they could've done a better job with the instruments) but I guess I can tolerate them.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    I really dislike the new New Bark Town theme, the original had a really nice beat but of course Nintendo had to go "SCREW THAT, CALM, BORING BEAT AND DULL BASS ONLY" with the remake.

Azalea Town sounds just fine though. I'm not quite sure what to think of the Lab theme, it sounds more like something you'd hear in the Game Corner.

I really don't like the D/P instruments, (and no, I don't want chiptunes, I just think they could've done a better job with the instruments) but I guess I can tolerate them.

I like the calm theme for the starting town. It goes with the atmosphere that it is the beginning, things haven't even started yet. Then let things get more pumped up later on (Sunyshore City).

I can't really comment on them, too much, as I can't hear much besides the people not being quiet and letting people watch what they really want to watch!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Having a calm feel of music at the beginning is definitely a nice touch. It has more of a soothing feel to it and doesn't begin as exciting like what Twinleaf Town brought in. I would say even for a remix it has a pretty good tune and I'll be interested to start the game with something like that.

As for the Azalea music, realy nice. It definitely adds some nostalgic feel to the game and is something I can hear myself humming to as I play along. It sounds really familiar to the previous game music used before, which I think was a really great idea to keep in mind.

When it came to Prof. Elm's lab and choosing the starter, it was nice, but I didn't fancy it as much compared to the music that they gave in New Bark Town and azalea Town. It sounds really fast paced and I think it might have been a little too overdone for simply choosing the starter, but that is just my personal preference.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    God I hated the Fire Red/Leaf Green music remixes, they sucked so bad.

These actually aren't that bad. Some tracks just sound amazing 8-bit style, they won't be able to touch some of the old ones

(like Battle vs. Lance, Game Corner music, Pokemon Center, Rival music).

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I'm actually looking forward to hearing the revamped GYM Leader Music, because I loved it during G/S/C. :3

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    Sounds fine to me. But the background music has never bothered me much either way, because I play, maybe, the first ten minutes of a game with the original music before I get tired of it, mute the game, and switch to iTunes music. :P (I didn't even know that Legendaries had different music than normal battles until I stumbled upon remixes on YouTube...)

Back