Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3251    
Old March 24th, 2012 (10:02 AM).
Pinotti's Avatar  
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
It's following the anime so do what the anime did. I can't exactly remember what they did and It's been a long time since I played this hack. Im waiting for Metapod to finish it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

Have you done every episode before it?
Yes i'm Following the anime, but i evolved pikachu, bulbasaur and Squirtle so i've lost some episodes like: Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden / Pokémon Paparazzi / Beach Blank-out Blastoise.
Maybe this is the problem.
By the way, ididn't move any bad egg.

Metapod 23 Help me ;D
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #3252    
Old March 24th, 2012 (10:57 AM).
metapod23's Avatar
Hardened Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchel1 View Post
Hey metapod,

After one year of hacking I've to say you did an excellent job on Ash Gray!
I´d lie if I say I didn't try this hack. You did an excellent (outstanding) job on your scripting, but two things bothers me through.
Since I'm a criticizer on graphics and mapping aswell, You should learn how to create/combine your own tilesets and use these to attract people with, how I call it, "eye-candy"!

Also I experienced a lack on mapping, mainly I guess this has something to do with mapping based on the Anime, so please don´t take this to personal!
Shortly said, you did an excellent job on this project, but you´ve still a long road ahead of you! You´re growing on the side of rom-hacking, and you're not grown out yet! Continue your hacking career!

Good luck!

~Mitchel1
Spoiler:
Yes, I know, It's rare to see Mitchel1 posting somewhere else than his own thread xD
Thanks for the compliments on scripting, mitchel. I know the graphics are still mostly the Fire Red ones, but I'm not much of a spriter, so I'm not sure how much I'm ultimately going to be changing those.

And I do agree about the maps/routes. I know a lot of them could be improved and made more interesting to navigate. I might go back toward the end and do that. I'm probably just going to try to finish all the episode events first, though.

Pinotti, I don't know why the Misty Mermaid event wouldn't activate. As soon as you take a step after leaving of the cave, a message should appear saying the phone is ringing, and then you should be able to talk to it.

The only reason that wouldn't happen is if someone was messing with bad eggs in their boxes.

That event should be safe to skip, though, if worse comes to worst.

Update: A little update. I've added a new tool that will be available in the Orange Archipelago - a Climb Kit. It will allow you to do the equivalent of using Rock Climb.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3253    
Old March 24th, 2012 (12:38 PM).
AshKetchumisnumber1's Avatar
Pokémon Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by metapod23 View Post
Thanks for the compliments on scripting, mitchel. I know the graphics are still mostly the Fire Red ones, but I'm not much of a spriter, so I'm not sure how much I'm ultimately going to be changing those.

And I do agree about the maps/routes. I know a lot of them could be improved and made more interesting to navigate. I might go back toward the end and do that. I'm probably just going to try to finish all the episode events first, though.

Pinotti, I don't know why the Misty Mermaid event wouldn't activate. As soon as you take a step after leaving of the cave, a message should appear saying the phone is ringing, and then you should be able to talk to it.

The only reason that wouldn't happen is if someone was messing with bad eggs in their boxes.

That event should be safe to skip, though, if worse comes to worst.

Update: A little update. I've added a new tool that will be available in the Orange Archipelago - a Climb Kit. It will allow you to do the equivalent of using Rock Climb.
sweet thats good to hear metapod
i hope u do well with the rest of the episodes n release a new beta sometime this coming week if possible

good luck

pokemonmaster42
Ash Ketchum
gotta catch 'em all
__________________
Ash Ketchum

Pokemon Master for Life

Gotta Catch 'em All
Reply With Quote
  #3254    
Old March 24th, 2012 (7:43 PM).
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 14
can't we get raft again??
Reply With Quote
  #3255    
Old March 24th, 2012 (7:52 PM).
AshKetchumisnumber1's Avatar
Pokémon Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyd.ericsson View Post
can't we get raft again??
nope unforuantely not.......
__________________
Ash Ketchum

Pokemon Master for Life

Gotta Catch 'em All
Reply With Quote
  #3256    
Old March 24th, 2012 (8:42 PM).
fittz's Avatar  
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 20
hey everyone just a little update on the strategy guide i have done 13 episodes and added a table of contents and few more things this week i should have the next set out soon..
Reply With Quote
  #3257    
Old March 24th, 2012 (8:59 PM).
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 1
Hi there, I was playing this awsome game but I got owned in The Ultimate Test event, what can I do to continue?
Reply With Quote
  #3258    
Old March 24th, 2012 (9:02 PM).
fittz's Avatar  
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 20
in that event ash doesn't win so just move on it is not required to win that battle
Reply With Quote
  #3259    
Old March 24th, 2012 (10:54 PM).
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 14
i think aerodoctyl event has a bug.. if u go to that cave again then also aerodoctyl appears and leaves egg.. which happens again n again..
Reply With Quote
  #3260    
Old March 25th, 2012 (1:32 AM).
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 3
Could someone explain me something: My Metapod only evolved in Butterfree at level 11, so he didn't learn Confusion(I didn't stop him evolve, in other games it evolves at level 10), is it part of this game(if so what level will he learn Confusion), or a bug?
Reply With Quote
  #3261    
Old March 25th, 2012 (1:53 AM).
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by badiu27 View Post
Could someone explain me something: My Metapod only evolved in Butterfree at level 11, so he didn't learn Confusion(I didn't stop him evolve, in other games it evolves at level 10), is it part of this game(if so what level will he learn Confusion), or a bug?
I'm not exactly sure on that but I think it only efface the scripted catterpue (the one you found at lv 5 in your first step into the grass in viridian forest) but it'll be more of an incentive to let it free later in the game...

Oh and are the "banned" episodes part of this hack? (the jinx and porygon ones)
Reply With Quote
  #3262    
Old March 25th, 2012 (2:26 AM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Memento Mori
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 14,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyd.ericsson View Post
can't we get raft again??
Do you really want to know? :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchel1 View Post
~Mitchel1
Spoiler:
Yes, I know, It's rare to see Mitchel1 posting somewhere else than his own thread xD
o.O 0.0 O.o
Is world going to end? :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by justforHelp View Post
After the mewto event i went to the pokemon center, but when turned on the PC there was no WARP-option. Just OKA's PC, My PC, Prof. OKA's PC. please help i cant go on with the story!
If there's no warp option you must have forgotten to activate it...
That's really not good... you must use walk through walk cheat... I'm worried that it's the only way how to get outta there.
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Reply With Quote
  #3263    
Old March 25th, 2012 (4:21 AM).
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 3
Hey guys, so after evolving Charmender in Charmeleon he won't obey me, which is exactly is in the anime, but in the anime there comes a time when Charizard will start to obey Ash, so when is that time in the game, or how do i make it obey me.
Reply With Quote
  #3264    
Old March 25th, 2012 (5:40 AM). Edited March 25th, 2012 by Chapmic.
Chapmic's Avatar  
Join Date: Nov 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 18
It have been reported, but just to make sure that Metapod don't forget.
I'm replaying 3.6.1, and I got a bug that wasn't in the previous version. When I exit Rock Tunnel, the videophone doesn't ring, so the whole episode "The Misty Mermaid" doesn't occur. Restarting game or emulator don't change it.
Reply With Quote
  #3265    
Old March 25th, 2012 (6:01 AM).
joshking123's Avatar  
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6
Just checked a video about this misty mermaid episode, when I left the cave I never actually got a phone call either lol. Maybe because I never did the prehistoric pokemon episode that I accidently skipped. xD Hopefully once the fulled hack is done, I can go back through and do them all.
Reply With Quote
  #3266    
Old March 25th, 2012 (9:04 AM).
Dark Sonic's Avatar
Chaos Control!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pallet Town
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Posts: 156
Good job Metapod 23 for making this hack. So far this the best pokemon hack i ever played and keep on with the good work. one more thing when will the new beta come out?
Reply With Quote
  #3267    
Old March 25th, 2012 (9:56 AM). Edited March 25th, 2012 by DrFuji.
AshKetchumisnumber1's Avatar
Pokémon Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapmic View Post
It have been reported, but just to make sure that Metapod don't forget.
I'm replaying 3.6.1, and I got a bug that wasn't in the previous version. When I exit Rock Tunnel, the videophone doesn't ring, so the whole episode "The Misty Mermaid" doesn't occur. Restarting game or emulator don't change it.
that's not a bug.. just really weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by badiu27 View Post
Hey guys, so after evolving Charmender in Charmeleon he won't obey me, which is exactly is in the anime, but in the anime there comes a time when Charizard will start to obey Ash, so when is that time in the game, or how do i make it obey me.
charizard will start to obey u in the event Charizard Chills... but unforuantely that wont be til beta 4.0 which might not be released for a few more months.. sorry just gotta get lucky i guess if u want him to obey before then
__________________
Ash Ketchum

Pokemon Master for Life

Gotta Catch 'em All
Reply With Quote
  #3268    
Old March 25th, 2012 (1:07 PM).
Myc Shredder's Avatar  
Join Date: Mar 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 81
n00b here.
I just want to say thank you, my good sir, for developing this hack. I've always dreamed about a version that follows in the tradition of the anime & you just made that dream come to reality. I've played the beta all the way & now I can't wait for the orange island episodes! Keep up the amazing work Metapod23!
Reply With Quote
  #3269    
Old March 25th, 2012 (2:19 PM).
fittz's Avatar  
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 20
i got a glitch for you in the area of the squirtle squad event, you cant run in that part of route 6
Reply With Quote
  #3270    
Old March 25th, 2012 (2:38 PM).
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 2
pretty sure its not meant to be like this since it doesnt follow the anime but in kogas gym after you beat the girl kogas not there and cant even reach the stage, path where theres no mirror still wont let me pass. how get badge?
Reply With Quote
  #3271    
Old March 25th, 2012 (5:25 PM).
AshKetchumisnumber1's Avatar
Pokémon Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by fittz View Post
i got a glitch for you in the area of the squirtle squad event, you cant run in that part of route 6
that's not a glitch.. it's suppose to be like that
__________________
Ash Ketchum

Pokemon Master for Life

Gotta Catch 'em All
Reply With Quote
  #3272    
Old March 26th, 2012 (1:07 AM).
blackmage856's Avatar  
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 24
Gender:
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 153
I'm really enjoying this game, but I struggle to keep up with everything that Ash has supposed to do so I probably missed some events :s

(I never got a butterfree or pidgeotto for example ...and squirtle doesn't come with everstone so woopsie evolved him) Is it possible to put a diary sorta thing in the Pokecentres?

Like saying by now you should of 'Name of Event'
Your pokemon should be 'Name of Pokemon'
Look out for 'Name of Pokemon' xD

It'll be so much easier aha xD (I never knew that Caterpie and Pidgeotto were scripted battles !)
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #3273    
Old March 26th, 2012 (3:23 AM).
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 223
You know you press b to stop evolution -.- anyWay on the front page it lists the current episodes so just check there
Reply With Quote
  #3274    
Old March 26th, 2012 (5:02 AM). Edited March 26th, 2012 by Chapmic.
Chapmic's Avatar  
Join Date: Nov 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by metapod23 View Post
Pinotti, I don't know why the Misty Mermaid event wouldn't activate. As soon as you take a step after leaving of the cave, a message should appear saying the phone is ringing, and then you should be able to talk to it.

The only reason that wouldn't happen is if someone was messing with bad eggs in their boxes.
Yeah, that's very strange. I checked the area wit advance map, the event is there. But I think there is another reason, because I'm only using box 1, and it doesn't have any bad egg. Don't tell me that just looking at the box where they are can glitch the game.

Edit:Well, since we can't have the Super Rod, wen can't do "The Evolution Solution".
Reply With Quote
  #3275    
Old March 26th, 2012 (11:04 AM).
AshKetchumisnumber1's Avatar
Pokémon Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapmic View Post
Yeah, that's very strange. I checked the area wit advance map, the event is there. But I think there is another reason, because I'm only using box 1, and it doesn't have any bad egg. Don't tell me that just looking at the box where they are can glitch the game.

Edit:Well, since we can't have the Super Rod, wen can't do "The Evolution Solution".
dude your kind of suppose to catch a shellder at the north pole for the evolution solution event... i found that out when i restarted the game..
__________________
Ash Ketchum

Pokemon Master for Life

Gotta Catch 'em All
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:18 PM.