The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio
FireRed Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #5051    
Old August 24th, 2013 (8:52 AM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
Memento Mori
  • Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 14,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
And what is a rom???
HALP
Here you go:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanDictionary
When used as a story tag it is short for romantic elements are involved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanDictionary
In Canada, the ROM is the Royal Ontario Museum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanDictionary
A class of urban hipster, fond of Beatlesque "mod" haircuts and white belts. The term is a contraction of "Romulan", an alien race from the original Star Trek series, possesing similar stylistic hallmarks. Later iterations took up a fondness for retro sneakers, t-shirts, pants, and updated variations on plastic frame glasses reminiscent of the 50's era.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanDictionary
An anagram for Random Old Man - most likely a creeper who has horned his way into a picture at the club.
Hope I helped.
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #5052    
Old August 24th, 2013 (8:59 AM).
ssbuhan's Avatar
ssbuhan ssbuhan is offline
     
    Join Date: Jan 2011
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 41
    is anybody else experienced freezing when you walk though doors on TANGELO ISLAND? like a bunch of letters come up and it freezes behind the old lady blocking the counter?
    Reply With Quote
      #5053    
    Old August 24th, 2013 (11:29 AM). Edited August 24th, 2013 by jack123abc.
    jack123abc jack123abc is offline
       
      Join Date: Aug 2013
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 22
      where do you get fly?? i heard it was in celedon city but i cant find th three i have to cut down?? please help i have the newest beta 4.2. i really hope metapod would fix the glitch with the lady that freezes your game on orangine island. but if he do not should i just use the wall hack instead??
      Reply With Quote
        #5054    
      Old August 24th, 2013 (6:16 PM).
      trime trime is offline
         
        Join Date: Aug 2013
        Posts: 7
        What i should do if i move a bad egg. Now my game have a lot of bugs.
        Reply With Quote
          #5055    
        Old August 24th, 2013 (7:11 PM).
        ssbuhan's Avatar
        ssbuhan ssbuhan is offline
           
          Join Date: Jan 2011
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 41
          DO NOT TOUCH THE EGGS! i touched an egg and it affected some events and had something to do with my pikachu. i ended up editing some of the game myself via instructions from metapod which put me back on track. i suggest restarting the game or ask metapod for a solution
          Reply With Quote
            #5056    
          Old August 24th, 2013 (7:13 PM).
          ssbuhan's Avatar
          ssbuhan ssbuhan is offline
             
            Join Date: Jan 2011
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 41
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by jack123abc View Post
            where do you get fly?? i heard it was in celedon city but i cant find th three i have to cut down?? please help i have the newest beta 4.2. i really hope metapod would fix the glitch with the lady that freezes your game on orangine island. but if he do not should i just use the wall hack instead??
            As far as i know there is no fly in Celadon. You obtain a Warp Pad which your mum buys and installs in your PC which allows you to travel from Pokemon Centre to Pokemon Centre. As for the orange island glitch it seems its a problem only on 4.2. People have been past on the 4.0 version. But i am stuck on the exact same part as you :s.
            Reply With Quote
              #5057    
            Old August 25th, 2013 (2:28 AM). Edited August 25th, 2013 by jack123abc.
            jack123abc jack123abc is offline
               
              Join Date: Aug 2013
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 22
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by ssbuhan View Post
              As far as i know there is no fly in Celadon. You obtain a Warp Pad which your mum buys and installs in your PC which allows you to travel from Pokemon Centre to Pokemon Centre. As for the orange island glitch it seems its a problem only on 4.2. People have been past on the 4.0 version. But i am stuck on the exact same part as you :s.
              Does someone know a link to the 4.0 version then. It would be best if it where mediafire. because i have not downloade the fire red game
              Reply With Quote
                #5058    
              Old August 25th, 2013 (4:03 AM).
              Hound of Justice Hound of Justice is offline
              Banned
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2012
                Location: Stealing Ash's Pikachu with Meowth
                Age: 23
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Naughty
                Posts: 1,082
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
                Here you go:








                Hope I helped.
                Tanks men you saved my life now i can play pokemans
                Reply With Quote
                  #5059    
                Old August 25th, 2013 (5:12 AM).
                Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                Memento Mori
                • Gold Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2008
                Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                Age: 24
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Calm
                Posts: 14,447
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by jack123abc View Post
                Does someone know a link to the 4.0 version then. It would be best if it where mediafire. because i have not downloade the fire red game
                Is it seriously that hard to search this thread for your answer...?
                Not to mention it's on previous page...
                __________________
                ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                Reply With Quote
                  #5060    
                Old August 25th, 2013 (5:29 AM).
                walland walland is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2013
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 1
                  I did swim in mistys gym and now i cant get up
                  Reply With Quote
                    #5061    
                  Old August 25th, 2013 (5:58 AM).
                  jack123abc jack123abc is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2013
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 22
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
                    Is it seriously that hard to search this thread for your answer...?
                    Not to mention it's on previous page...
                    yeah but that link to the 4.0 only leads to an ips file and from what i heard you have to download the fire red game to use that ips file. and i think that is ilegall. So when i downloaded the 4.2 version on mediafire i did not need to dowload the fire red game so can you help me or not
                    Reply With Quote
                      #5062    
                    Old August 25th, 2013 (7:12 AM).
                    ssbuhan's Avatar
                    ssbuhan ssbuhan is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2011
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 41
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by jack123abc View Post
                      yeah but that link to the 4.0 only leads to an ips file and from what i heard you have to download the fire red game to use that ips file. and i think that is ilegall. So when i downloaded the 4.2 version on mediafire i did not need to dowload the fire red game so can you help me or not
                      my friend you are not gonna get arrested or get a jail sentence for patching a ROM, i can assure you that lol. its very simple to do.
                      -Simply download lunar IPS (virus free)
                      -Download pokemon fire red rom from coolroms.com
                      -Download visual boy
                      -Download Ashgray in the first page of the thread
                      -Click lunar IPS program, apply the patch and thats it.
                      P.S the walk through walls action replay does work. just walk through the palm trees. DO NOT WALK THROUGH THE BUILDING WHERE THE OLD LADY IS BLOCKING THE WAY!. dont forget to turn the action replay off so it doesnt stuff anything up. also cheats arent fair in the game anyway but i made an exception to this particular circumstance
                      Reply With Quote
                        #5063    
                      Old August 25th, 2013 (7:16 AM).
                      ssbuhan's Avatar
                      ssbuhan ssbuhan is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Jan 2011
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 41
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by walland View Post
                        I did swim in mistys gym and now i cant get up
                        Stay away from the centre swimming pool in the gym. Once you are in you never get out.

                        By the way make multiple saves through out the game. save every 2 minutes to be sure you dont miss out on anything or do silly things like save in a pool when you are stuck lol. just a hassle starting from scratch again...

                        Reply With Quote
                          #5064    
                        Old August 25th, 2013 (7:37 AM).
                        trime trime is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Aug 2013
                          Posts: 7
                          If My Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle will evolves could it make a bug in game?
                          Charrizard will obey me until end game?
                          If Charmander don't evolves will it make a bug?
                          Reply With Quote
                            #5065    
                          Old August 25th, 2013 (8:37 AM).
                          jack123abc jack123abc is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Aug 2013
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 22
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by ssbuhan View Post
                            my friend you are not gonna get arrested or get a jail sentence for patching a ROM, i can assure you that lol. its very simple to do.
                            -Simply download lunar IPS (virus free)
                            -Download pokemon fire red rom from coolroms.com
                            -Download visual boy
                            -Download Ashgray in the first page of the thread
                            -Click lunar IPS program, apply the patch and thats it.
                            P.S the walk through walls action replay does work. just walk through the palm trees. DO NOT WALK THROUGH THE BUILDING WHERE THE OLD LADY IS BLOCKING THE WAY!. dont forget to turn the action replay off so it doesnt stuff anything up. also cheats arent fair in the game anyway but i made an exception to this particular circumstance
                            What codes do you use to go trough walls then? I play the game on a mac and i think the cheating codes for the visual game boy on mac is a little ****ed up
                            Reply With Quote
                              #5066    
                            Old August 25th, 2013 (9:17 AM).
                            Hound of Justice Hound of Justice is offline
                            Banned
                               
                              Join Date: Aug 2012
                              Location: Stealing Ash's Pikachu with Meowth
                              Age: 23
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Naughty
                              Posts: 1,082
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by ssbuhan View Post
                              my friend you are not gonna get arrested or get a jail sentence for patching a ROM, i can assure you that lol. its very simple to do.
                              -Simply download lunar IPS (virus free)
                              -Download pokemon fire red rom from coolroms.com
                              -Download visual boy
                              -Download Ashgray in the first page of the thread
                              -Click lunar IPS program, apply the patch and thats it.
                              P.S the walk through walls action replay does work. just walk through the palm trees. DO NOT WALK THROUGH THE BUILDING WHERE THE OLD LADY IS BLOCKING THE WAY!. dont forget to turn the action replay off so it doesnt stuff anything up. also cheats arent fair in the game anyway but i made an exception to this particular circumstance
                              No ACTUALLY you can get arrested i had a friend in USA who downloaded a Pokemon Crystal rom then the next day F.B.I came in his house and they arrested him i havent heard from him for 5 years now..
                              Reply With Quote
                                #5067    
                              Old August 25th, 2013 (11:56 AM).
                              Frosty~'s Avatar
                              Frosty~ Frosty~ is offline
                              Pancakes are a girl's BFF
                                 
                                Join Date: Nov 2009
                                Gender: Female
                                Nature: Hasty
                                Posts: 44
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by trime View Post
                                If My Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle will evolves could it make a bug in game?
                                Charrizard will obey me until end game?
                                If Charmander don't evolves will it make a bug?
                                You can evolve them at anytime and it won't bug the game, but if I were you I would evolve them according to the anime, but you don't have to. Charizard acts the same as it does in the anime, so he will disobey you at first.
                                __________________
                                "The world's changing at lightning speed,
                                but the faster you move the narrower your vision becomes.
                                That's why you've got to stop and look around you.
                                Other wise you'll lose yourself."
                                - Megaman

                                My deviantArt
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #5068    
                                Old August 25th, 2013 (2:22 PM).
                                jack123abc jack123abc is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Aug 2013
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 22
                                  just one more stupid question form me and then i am done. i downloaded the 4.0 version and i am now at the episode "a day off" or something i heard that was the last episode. so is there nothing to do until the master metapod23 makes the new beta???
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #5069    
                                  Old August 25th, 2013 (2:44 PM).
                                  ssbuhan's Avatar
                                  ssbuhan ssbuhan is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jan 2011
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Posts: 41
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
                                    No ACTUALLY you can get arrested i had a friend in USA who downloaded a Pokemon Crystal rom then the next day F.B.I came in his house and they arrested him i havent heard from him for 5 years now..
                                    Is that a chain mail story? There is no way the FBI would waste time on a kid downloading a 2mb game. millions of people download songs, movies, tv shows which are gigabytes upon gigabytes through torrents which is illegal and you are telling me he downloaded a game that i have downloaded 20 times over and everybody else on this thread who have followed the same process to perform the patch has done it. we aint behind bars. Its too hard to police that kind of stuff at this stage. c'mon man lol.
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #5070    
                                    Old August 25th, 2013 (5:13 PM).
                                    Frosty~'s Avatar
                                    Frosty~ Frosty~ is offline
                                    Pancakes are a girl's BFF
                                       
                                      Join Date: Nov 2009
                                      Gender: Female
                                      Nature: Hasty
                                      Posts: 44
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by jack123abc View Post
                                      just one more stupid question form me and then i am done. i downloaded the 4.0 version and i am now at the episode "a day off" or something i heard that was the last episode. so is there nothing to do until the master metapod23 makes the new beta???
                                      The last episode according to the first post is A Way Off Day Off, so I guess you could train up your mons until the next beta is released. You could maybe even work on your Pokedex.
                                      __________________
                                      "The world's changing at lightning speed,
                                      but the faster you move the narrower your vision becomes.
                                      That's why you've got to stop and look around you.
                                      Other wise you'll lose yourself."
                                      - Megaman

                                      My deviantArt
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #5071    
                                      Old August 25th, 2013 (7:49 PM).
                                      ginger1991 ginger1991 is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Aug 2013
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 7
                                        Ok so quick question, does anyone know where to get a fighting Pokemon? I accidentally defeated Primeape when we battled and I can't find a Mankey anywhere, except at the ranch, where you're not allowed to catch Pokemon anyway........I wanna enter the P1 Championship but can't!!!!!!!
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #5072    
                                        Old August 25th, 2013 (11:31 PM).
                                        Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                                        Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                                        Memento Mori
                                        • Gold Tier
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jul 2008
                                        Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                                        Age: 24
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Calm
                                        Posts: 14,447
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by ginger1991 View Post
                                        Ok so quick question, does anyone know where to get a fighting Pokemon? I accidentally defeated Primeape when we battled and I can't find a Mankey anywhere, except at the ranch, where you're not allowed to catch Pokemon anyway........I wanna enter the P1 Championship but can't!!!!!!!
                                        By ranch... you mean the place with Bulbasaur? Just because sign says it, it doesn't mean you can't xD
                                        But I think Mankeys are also on the route west from Viridian (way to Indigo Plateau).

                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by trime View Post
                                        If My Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle will evolves could it make a bug in game?
                                        Charrizard will obey me until end game?
                                        If Charmander don't evolves will it make a bug?
                                        You might miss some events... so it's best not to evolve them...
                                        As for Charizard, he will start obeying in the future beta in Charizard Chills episode.
                                        If Charmander does not evolve, you will just miss cutscene with Magmar...

                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
                                        No ACTUALLY you can get arrested i had a friend in USA who downloaded a Pokemon Crystal rom then the next day F.B.I came in his house and they arrested him i havent heard from him for 5 years now..

                                        You could at least say something more valid like... for downloading some DS ROM or something.
                                        __________________
                                        ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                                        Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #5073    
                                        Old August 26th, 2013 (12:42 AM).
                                        latias190's Avatar
                                        latias190 latias190 is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Aug 2013
                                          Location: Australia
                                          Gender: Female
                                          Nature: Quiet
                                          Posts: 62
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
                                          @latias: Then you should return to previous save and preferably to previous version and then save inside of building and patch the new one.
                                          Thanks, it worked.
                                          But now I have another problem.
                                          I downloaded the IPS patch from the beginning of this forum and a new Fire red ROM. It says it's truncated and not aligned, but it patched successfully. When I go to load it into VBA, it just gives me the white screen.

                                          Please help.


                                          PS: The reason I said it worked was because the .sav worked with 4.2 which I downloaded from this site called 'pokemon gba' but it freezes the second I just get past the tree area blocking the path.
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #5074    
                                          Old August 26th, 2013 (12:43 AM).
                                          trime trime is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Aug 2013
                                            Posts: 7
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

                                            You might miss some events... so it's best not to evolve them...
                                            As for Charizard, he will start obeying in the future beta in Charizard Chills episode.
                                            If Charmander does not evolve, you will just miss cutscene with Magmar...
                                            Could you tell me all events with Squirtle and Bulbasaur, and what they give to me?
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #5075    
                                            Old August 26th, 2013 (12:51 AM).
                                            ssbuhan's Avatar
                                            ssbuhan ssbuhan is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: Jan 2011
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Posts: 41
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by ginger1991 View Post
                                              Ok so quick question, does anyone know where to get a fighting Pokemon? I accidentally defeated Primeape when we battled and I can't find a Mankey anywhere, except at the ranch, where you're not allowed to catch Pokemon anyway........I wanna enter the P1 Championship but can't!!!!!!!
                                              Hey man. i found my mankey back in route 3 :s. you got a long ways back if you want to get one. btw there is a glitch to get togepi since misty steals your first one .
                                              Reply With Quote
                                              Reply
                                              Quick Reply

                                              Sponsored Links
                                              Thread Tools

                                              Posting Rules
                                              You may not post new threads
                                              You may not post replies
                                              You may not post attachments
                                              You may not edit your posts

                                              BB code is On
                                              Smilies are On
                                              [IMG] code is On
                                              HTML code is Off

                                              Forum Jump


                                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:30 PM.