Progressing ROM Hacks This forum is for ROM hacks which are currently in production, but not yet finished. Come and find a ROM hack that's starting out, or post your own for others to see! For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old June 14th, 2009 (4:04 PM).
cooley's Avatar
cooley cooley is offline
///Keepin' it simple
  • Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: United States
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Posts: 1,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Exiled View Post
Hey Cooley, its me Ryousha/Exiled. Hopefully you still remember me :D!

Nice hack, I personally love Eruption. MSN me so i can beta test/alpha test :D.(well newer versions)

(ps. did you remove that phone plan because doesnt it bill you monthly?)
I do remember you, but I have enough ALPHA/BETA testers...
That phone plan has been removed, but it's pretty off-topic =/
__________________


Relevant Advertising!

  #27    
Old June 14th, 2009 (4:30 PM).
HackChu's Avatar
HackChu HackChu is offline
I need a haircut...
  • Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bankrupt Amerika
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 673
I remember seeing cooley somewhere on these forums but cant remember where.Anyway this looks nice,are you the scriptor?
__________________
Join us!

My 'learning how to combine battle scripts' thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=183001

SoulSilver FC:1162 1864 5409
Name: Ethan

Black FC: 2666 1354 4379
Name: Ashton

White 2 FC: 1120 8065 3049
Name: Nate

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4646-2412
Name: tysonrss
  #28    
Old June 14th, 2009 (5:38 PM).
Tyrantrum's Avatar
Tyrantrum Tyrantrum is offline
ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Jersey
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Posts: 5,820
Yes, Cooley is, in fact, the scriptor. A very good one, if I might add.

Note:


You may, if you want, play the alpha that cooley has put up, but I recommend waiting until the bugs I have reported are fixed.
__________________




(x) Tumblr
(y) Twitter
Previously Eeveon
  #29    
Old June 14th, 2009 (8:26 PM).
Jay C's Avatar
Jay C Jay C is offline
Pokemon Shadows-The Resistance
     
    Join Date: Jun 2009
    Location: United States
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 7
    Great! I think I'll download the next alpha later this week though. Looks great and can't wait to play!
    __________________
      #30    
    Old June 14th, 2009 (10:29 PM).
    volbor volbor is offline
       
      Join Date: Jun 2009
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 2
      Hi, I found another bug. After you get the cyndaquil and you go out of the lab into the grass then you get the message. If you walk back to the cave you can go back in and then you can't get out because it tells you "Don't back down now." or something.
        #31    
      Old June 15th, 2009 (9:14 AM).
      seeker's Avatar
      seeker seeker is offline
      Electric
      • Platinum Tier
       
      Join Date: Apr 2009
      Location: Ireland
      Posts: 10,829
      Hey you've got an awsome story line for your hack!!
      It's pretty cool!
      So i'm gonna help by making you a banner if you'd like?
      My proof of work
      Spoiler:


      Made this today for pokemon Final Destination

      This was made for my group

      As was this

      This was for a hck

      So was this(sprite also mine)

      Made for a hack

      And Again for one of my groups!

      So if you like my work PM me and request anything you'd like!
      Just let me know what you'd like

      Thank you for reading
      __________________
      she's the greatest adventure I'll ever know
        #32    
      Old June 15th, 2009 (9:32 PM).
      Jay C's Avatar
      Jay C Jay C is offline
      Pokemon Shadows-The Resistance
         
        Join Date: Jun 2009
        Location: United States
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 7
        I have played the alpha now. The scripts are great! I have a feeling this is going to be way better than regular pokemon games. I didn't come across any bugs. Great job! I put a banner in my signature by the way.
        __________________
          #33    
        Old June 15th, 2009 (10:45 PM).
        Sarcastic Prince's Avatar
        Sarcastic Prince Sarcastic Prince is offline
        Starting anew...
           
          Join Date: Aug 2007
          Location: Kwun Tong Mountains
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Timid
          Posts: 3,074
          Wow, the newly made Eruption
          is pretty funny! (Especially when the Hero talks to you.)

          Here are some minor stuff (Not glitches, just something that needs to
          be changed.)

          Pic 1: The Pokemon name "Bulbasaur" and the Pokemon Attack "Ember" should start with a Capital Letter.

          Pic 2: Since this is another Non-Pokemon Wii Game, I think it should be changed as "An interesting Wii Game is on the TV."

          Pic 3: The Sliver's Grandma is watching Soap Operas, right?
          Why is there a Pokemon in the Opera? It should be changed as
          "A daily Soap Opera. Grandma likes those very much."
          __________________
          I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.
            #34    
          Old June 16th, 2009 (5:32 AM).
          romdinner's Avatar
          romdinner romdinner is offline
          Gazing at the sky...
             
            Join Date: Feb 2009
            Location: Europe
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Brave
            Posts: 323
            hi in the cave where you have to follow professor log how do you get to him because i can't jump over the wall like he did and i can't find another way? please help
              #35    
            Old June 16th, 2009 (1:40 PM).
            nerdo's Avatar
            nerdo nerdo is offline
            Im no nerd!!!
               
              Join Date: Apr 2009
              Location: Life is hard im not telling!
              Gender:
              Nature: Calm
              Posts: 5
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by romdinner View Post
              hi in the cave where you have to follow professor log how do you get to him because i can't jump over the wall like he did and i can't find another way? please help
              You Have to talk to the rocks just up from the wall You cant jump down.
              Hope this helps.
              __________________
              My Sig!!
                #36    
              Old June 16th, 2009 (2:09 PM).
              cooley's Avatar
              cooley cooley is offline
              ///Keepin' it simple
              • Silver Tier
               
              Join Date: Feb 2007
              Location: United States
              Age: 22
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Impish
              Posts: 1,150
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Number Prince View Post
              Wow, the newly made Eruption
              is pretty funny! (Especially when the Hero talks to you.)

              Here are some minor stuff (Not glitches, just something that needs to
              be changed.)

              Pic 1: The Pokemon name "Bulbasaur" and the Pokemon Attack "Ember" should start with a Capital Letter.

              Pic 2: Since this is another Non-Pokemon Wii Game, I think it should be changed as "An interesting Wii Game is on the TV."

              Pic 3: The Sliver's Grandma is watching Soap Operas, right?
              Why is there a Pokemon in the Opera? It should be changed as
              "A daily Soap Opera. Grandma likes those very much."
              All your suggestions are appreciated
              I've made the changes, and thanks


              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jay C View Post
              I have played the alpha now. The scripts are great! I have a feeling this is going to be way better than regular pokemon games. I didn't come across any bugs. Great job! I put a banner in my signature by the way.
              Thank you. The banner looks good by the way!
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by GavZ View Post
              Hey you've got an awsome story line for your hack!!
              It's pretty cool!
              So i'm gonna help by making you a banner if you'd like?
              My proof of work
              Spoiler:


              Made this today for pokemon Final Destination

              This was made for my group

              As was this

              This was for a hck

              So was this(sprite also mine)

              Made for a hack

              And Again for one of my groups!

              So if you like my work PM me and request anything you'd like!
              Just let me know what you'd like

              Thank you for reading
              A banner seems okay, I'll PM you in a bit.
              And thanks for the comments


              Quote:
              Originally Posted by volbor View Post
              Hi, I found another bug. After you get the cyndaquil and you go out of the lab into the grass then you get the message. If you walk back to the cave you can go back in and then you can't get out because it tells you "Don't back down now." or something.
              Well that doesn't really matter as much because that's the "End of ALPHA" Event and won't be in the next Alpha release. But thanks for reporting it

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by nerdo View Post
              You Have to talk to the rocks just up from the wall You cant jump down.
              Hope this helps.
              Thanks for answering that, may I ask how long it took you to find out you had to talk to the rocks? Lol

              Current Status:
              Fixing up bugs...
              RELEASE ALPHA
              Trying to make a cave map (very hard )
              __________________

                #37    
              Old June 16th, 2009 (5:41 PM).
              Saxisai's Avatar
              Saxisai Saxisai is offline
              Unbeatable 3's-Unstopable Trio
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2007
                Location: Chambersburg, PA
                Age: 24
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Naughty
                Posts: 62
                looking good, but i like the name Gold better than Silver, people always recognized Hiro as being Gold, and that red haired kid as being Silver....just something u might want to think about...
                  #38    
                Old June 16th, 2009 (6:12 PM).
                Tyrantrum's Avatar
                Tyrantrum Tyrantrum is offline
                ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Oct 2007
                Location: New Jersey
                Age: 23
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Lonely
                Posts: 5,820
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Saxisai View Post
                looking good, but i like the name Gold better than Silver, people always recognized Hiro as being Gold, and that red haired kid as being Silver....just something u might want to think about...
                I believe he already knows that. -_-

                The main hero is Silver, and he will be changing the OW to look like Silver.
                __________________




                (x) Tumblr
                (y) Twitter
                Previously Eeveon
                  #39    
                Old June 16th, 2009 (7:18 PM).
                cooley's Avatar
                cooley cooley is offline
                ///Keepin' it simple
                • Silver Tier
                 
                Join Date: Feb 2007
                Location: United States
                Age: 22
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Impish
                Posts: 1,150
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Saxisai View Post
                looking good, but i like the name Gold better than Silver, people always recognized Hiro as being Gold, and that red haired kid as being Silver....just something u might want to think about...
                The red haired kid will be the HIRO. XD
                Except in this story, he's a good person

                Well I'm done fixing bugs...

                Here is the New Pokémon Eruption ALPHA! It's even more exciting than before!


                Attached Files
                File Type: zip PKMN_Eruption v1.1 FINAL.zip‎ (101.3 KB, 33 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                __________________

                  #40    
                Old June 16th, 2009 (7:35 PM). Edited June 16th, 2009 by alo123.
                alo123's Avatar
                alo123 alo123 is offline
                Munchlax Trainer
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2009
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Relaxed
                  Posts: 212
                  Great its out i am playing rite now
                  Spoiler:


                  You can walk through there
                  I will post more if i find any

                  You can walk on that
                  also when you get the rare candy it shows 16 of them

                  Its all messed up but if you walk in and walk out it returns to noremal

                  Its messed up there

                  There is something blocking there and if you press it the game freezes
                  but it only happens rite after team knox leaves but if you leave and come back
                  its not there anymore

                  Its a little messed up

                  Bugs I found open spoiler

                  It was very enjoyable
                  __________________
                  Sign up using this link and you can earn free prizes like psn cards, xbox cards and more just for downloading apps on your phone or doing offers and surveys every 100 points equals a dollar and when you sign up with this link you get 250 points
                  http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=uin1355240952
                    #41    
                  Old June 16th, 2009 (8:28 PM).
                  Sarcastic Prince's Avatar
                  Sarcastic Prince Sarcastic Prince is offline
                  Starting anew...
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2007
                    Location: Kwun Tong Mountains
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Timid
                    Posts: 3,074
                    Okay, I finished the Alpha, and I found a few glitches
                    that is found from the person above me.
                    I'm glad that you actually took my suggestions.

                    BTW, I found this "glitch" which is pretty major, but when I'm playing as a Heroine, everyone thinks that I'm a boy!
                    I think that you should add some "checkgender" commands to the scripts.

                    Anyways, GL!
                    __________________
                    I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.
                      #42    
                    Old June 17th, 2009 (3:48 AM).
                    cooley's Avatar
                    cooley cooley is offline
                    ///Keepin' it simple
                    • Silver Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Feb 2007
                    Location: United States
                    Age: 22
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Impish
                    Posts: 1,150
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Number Prince View Post
                    Okay, I finished the Alpha, and I found a few glitches
                    that is found from the person above me.
                    I'm glad that you actually took my suggestions.

                    BTW, I found this "glitch" which is pretty major, but when I'm playing as a Heroine, everyone thinks that I'm a boy!
                    I think that you should add some "checkgender" commands to the scripts.

                    Anyways, GL!
                    The game isn't meant to be played as a female character...
                    Maybe that expains the boy problem. I plan to remove the Heroine though.


                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by alo123 View Post
                    Great its out i am playing rite now
                    Spoiler:


                    You can walk through there
                    I will post more if i find any

                    You can walk on that
                    also when you get the rare candy it shows 16 of them

                    Its all messed up but if you walk in and walk out it returns to noremal

                    Its messed up there

                    There is something blocking there and if you press it the game freezes
                    but it only happens rite after team knox leaves but if you leave and come back
                    its not there anymore

                    Its a little messed up

                    Bugs I found open spoiler

                    It was very enjoyable
                    For the tile glitches, there is nothing I can do about that...Because the two places have different tileset 2 tiles. And the game doesn't load them right away.

                    But as for everything else, I'll fix. But I wont release an update fixing minor things
                    __________________

                      #43    
                    Old June 17th, 2009 (5:19 AM).
                    manga_meijin2's Avatar
                    manga_meijin2 manga_meijin2 is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Apr 2008
                      Location: Maryland
                      Age: 25
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Relaxed
                      Posts: 156
                      Nice hack but how about making Silver look like Silver from GS? Also Jimmy was only from the anime, he is Gold in GS
                      __________________
                      Black and White Rock!!!!
                        #44    
                      Old June 17th, 2009 (6:00 AM).
                      Ryousha's Avatar
                      Ryousha Ryousha is offline
                      Pokespe Scanlator
                         
                        Join Date: Jun 2007
                        Location: Somewhere
                        Age: 21
                        Nature: Naive
                        Posts: 958
                        Hey Cooley, want me to make you a fan banner? You know my average skills lol.
                          #45    
                        Old June 17th, 2009 (2:12 PM).
                        cooley's Avatar
                        cooley cooley is offline
                        ///Keepin' it simple
                        • Silver Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Feb 2007
                        Location: United States
                        Age: 22
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Impish
                        Posts: 1,150
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by manga_meijin2 View Post
                        Nice hack but how about making Silver look like Silver from GS? Also Jimmy was only from the anime, he is Gold in GS
                        I didn't like the way he looked back then, besides I simply can't "make" him look like that...I don't even sprite.

                        And this is not any form of a remake, so it doesn't really matter where Jimmy is from. I can make Jimmy a fat guy born from a Deoxys...But hey, I wanted to have a storyline that makes sense, and is custom at the same time.


                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by .Exiled View Post
                        Hey Cooley, want me to make you a fan banner? You know my average skills lol.
                        Sure, go ahead
                        __________________

                          #46    
                        Old June 18th, 2009 (1:25 PM).
                        viemortevolroc's Avatar
                        viemortevolroc viemortevolroc is offline
                        Beta Tester,Mapper Beginner
                           
                          Join Date: May 2009
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Modest
                          Posts: 47
                          this is brilliant! cyndaquil is the starter? SWEET! cyndaquil is my fav starter XD
                            #47    
                          Old June 21st, 2009 (11:31 AM).
                          cooley's Avatar
                          cooley cooley is offline
                          ///Keepin' it simple
                          • Silver Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Feb 2007
                          Location: United States
                          Age: 22
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Impish
                          Posts: 1,150
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by viemortevolroc View Post
                          this is brilliant! cyndaquil is the starter? SWEET! cyndaquil is my fav starter XD
                          Yep, Cyndaquil is the starter. And thanks for comment!

                          Well here's an update, its a music test for a Town.

                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T0U6yYeKsI

                          Enjoy.
                          __________________

                            #48    
                          Old June 22nd, 2009 (3:25 AM).
                          Sarcastic Prince's Avatar
                          Sarcastic Prince Sarcastic Prince is offline
                          Starting anew...
                             
                            Join Date: Aug 2007
                            Location: Kwun Tong Mountains
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Timid
                            Posts: 3,074
                            Awesome Music Remix, dude!
                            I 100% enjoyed the video.
                            BTW, when will Silver's OW be inserted?
                            __________________
                            I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.
                              #49    
                            Old June 22nd, 2009 (5:53 AM).
                            raul51897 raul51897 is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Jun 2009
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 1
                              i finished playing this alpha yesterday pretty good start but if you need help hit me up im new to hacking but im opk i guess
                                #50    
                              Old June 22nd, 2009 (1:22 PM).
                              cooley's Avatar
                              cooley cooley is offline
                              ///Keepin' it simple
                              • Silver Tier
                               
                              Join Date: Feb 2007
                              Location: United States
                              Age: 22
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Impish
                              Posts: 1,150
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Ruka Prince View Post
                              Awesome Music Remix, dude!
                              I 100% enjoyed the video.
                              BTW, when will Silver's OW be inserted?
                              Once I find a spriter, or someone who can customize the OW sprite for me.
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by raul51897 View Post
                              i finished playing this alpha yesterday pretty good start but if you need help hit me up im new to hacking but im opk i guess
                              What are you good at? I only 'want' a spriter, but other than that. I'm a pretty good one-man team
                              __________________

                              Closed Thread

                              Quick Reply

                              Join the conversation!

                              Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                              Create a PokéCommunity Account

                              Sponsored Links
                              Thread Tools

                              Posting Rules
                              You may not post new threads
                              You may not post replies
                              You may not post attachments
                              You may not edit your posts

                              BB code is On
                              Smilies are On
                              [IMG] code is On
                              HTML code is Off

                              Forum Jump


                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:36 PM.