Progressing ROM Hacks This forum is for ROM hacks which are currently in production, but not yet finished. Come and find a ROM hack that's starting out, or post your own for others to see! For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread

Old August 4th, 2009 (12:48 PM).

Hm...I supose I could be a better tester for you, I've been here for a while and this is one of the few games I've actually enjoyed.
    I talk to EVERYONE and read EVERY sign, I even look at objects like painting and bookcases to see what they say XD (Wait...how can I do that?! The don't talk!)
    I guess it doesn't matter if I don't because its being released this week anyway XD

[edit] And as soon as I get the ROM I'll start BETA testing, I've already got 6 clean FR roms.

I'm a BETA tester, need help testing your hacking? Just pm me.

Relevant Advertising!

Old August 4th, 2009 (6:57 PM).
    ///Keepin' it simple
    • Silver Tier

Nature: Impish

Quote:
    Originally Posted by trebornosliw View Post
    I didn't think of that. It would be an interesting twist, and I think there's actually a Special that activates the Orb script already (though that's probably only for Ruby).
    Yes, I think Blissey should be a legendary. There's a sickening level of Legendary discrimination against pink puffballs.
    Plus, Blissey is ridiculously awesome anyway.
    I would have to agree with you, but what about mew?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by luigi-guy View Post
    Hm...I supose I could be a better tester for you, I've been here for a while and this is one of the few games I've actually enjoyed.
    I talk to EVERYONE and read EVERY sign, I even look at objects like painting and bookcases to see what they say XD (Wait...how can I do that?! The don't talk!)
    I guess it doesn't matter if I don't because its being released this week anyway XD

[edit] And as soon as I get the ROM I'll start BETA testing, I've already got 6 clean FR roms.

Well.. You've seem to have persuade me. So, I'll allow you to Beta test! Expect a PM soon

Old August 4th, 2009 (7:10 PM). Edited August 4th, 2009 by trebornosliw.
    Learning

Nature: Adamant

Quote:
      Originally Posted by cooley View Post
      I would have to agree with you, but what about mew?
      Well, I've always preferred Mewtwo to Mew (and Blissey. Have I mentioned that Blissey is awesome? You should make the giant ultimate super-awesome Blissey that-)ahem, erm, where was I...
      Yeah, Mew would be great, but where would you put him? Also, I've heard that if you catch Mew in the wild, he doesn't obey you...
      You should have the Professor give Mew to you if you complete the regional dex (though that might get a little complicated to script, since you'd have to somehow seperate the Pokemon you include in your dex from those in the National and Kanto dexes). Or maybe you could stick Mew in that cave where you caught the Cyndaquil, for when you come back and revisit. Or maybe you could rescue it from team Knox.
      There I go again. Well, where do you think you'll put Mew, if you include him?
      Oooooh, I just had a thought. You should stick him under a truck somewhere for nostalgia's sake!
      Ah well, keep up the good work! I'm looking forward eagerly to the next release.

EDIT: I just read through my own post and noticed how incredibly goofy it was... sorry about that.

Credit for my avatar goes to the Lego company.

Old August 4th, 2009 (7:15 PM).
      ///Keepin' it simple
      • Silver Tier

Quote:
      Well, I've always preferred Mewtwo to Mew (and Blissey. Have I mentioned that Blissey is awesome? You should make the giant ultimate super-awesome Blissey that-)ahem, erm, where was I...
      Yeah, Mew would be great, but where would you put him? Also, I've heard that if you catch Mew in the wild, he doesn't obey you...
      You should have the Professor give Mew to you if you complete the regional dex (though that might get a little complicated to script, since you'd have to somehow seperate the Pokemon you include in your dex from those in the National and Kanto dexes). Or maybe you could stick Mew in that cave where you caught the Cyndaquil, for when you come back and revisit. Or maybe you could rescue it from team Knox.
      There I go again. Well, where do you think you'll put Mew, if you include him?
      Oooooh, I just had a thought. You should stick him under a truck somewhere for nostalgia's sake!
      Ah well, keep up the good work! I'm looking forward eagerly to the next release.

EDIT: I just read through my own post and noticed how incredibly goofy it was... sorry about that.

Ooh, well I meant Mew as in you said they exclude pink Pokemon from being legendaries LOL Sorry about that... Mew would definitely cause a lot a problems, and It's not worth creating a time consuming ASM routine over..

Old August 5th, 2009 (1:36 AM).

Quote:
        Well.. You've seem to have persuade me. So, I'll allow you to Beta test! Expect a PM soon
        Um....Pm me sooner? I could be BETA testing right now...(And did I get picked due to the fact that people who have bad grammer and are new might not be good beta testers? XD)
        Anyway, Yeah, Pm me as soon as possible.

[edit]: Oops... It seams I wrote "Better tester" Not "Beta Tester" in the post you quoted, Lol

Old August 5th, 2009 (4:24 AM). Edited August 5th, 2009 by Pokestick, good times..

cheeky

• Crystal Tier

This little thingy is doing better and better!

I'm back from the usual summer lazyness, so I just might finish the [VERY SECRET, ONLY COOLEY MAY SEE THIS INFORMATION] (lol) map for you sooner or later, I expect it finished in a day or two, I'll PM you

EDIT: Mapped and sent. Don't read this!

Maybe I should just message you this... Well, done is done!

Old August 5th, 2009 (9:13 AM).

Um...so am I gonna get to beta test?! Not that I mind, ofcourse, but I've been worring all day thinking that I would be too late to beta test (Haven't had acess to a computer). Lol

Old August 5th, 2009 (6:34 PM). Edited August 5th, 2009 by cooley.
          ///Keepin' it simple
          • Silver Tier

Quote:
          Originally Posted by luigi-guy View Post
          Um....Pm me sooner? I could be BETA testing right now...(And did I get picked due to the fact that people who have bad grammer and are new might not be good beta testers? XD)
          Anyway, Yeah, Pm me as soon as possible.

[edit]: Oops... It seams I wrote "Better tester" Not "Beta Tester" in the post you quoted, Lol

Umm... When I meant BETA tester, I didn't mean it would be ready, instantly
          But anyways, I replied to your PM.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by pokestick View Post
          This little thingy is doing better and better!

I'm back from the usual summer lazyness, so I just might finish the [VERY SECRET, ONLY COOLEY MAY SEE THIS INFORMATION] (lol) map for you sooner or later, I expect it finished in a day or two, I'll PM you

EDIT: Mapped and sent. Don't read this!

Maybe I should just message you this... Well, done is done!

Lol! I got it.

I have bad news though, unfortunately. I decided to add one more event, like a storyline event, right before Eruption starts. And everything works perfectly, up until it's time to warp. When the warp starts, it makes the sound (0x9) but it doesn't finish.

I've been working on it for an hour or so, but if nothing works, I'll have to exclude it. It is a very good event too
          FIXED!!!

This is what the event would've looked like(well, some of it):

Btw, I made that large ball. And it's not an Overworld

Old August 5th, 2009 (7:07 PM). Edited August 5th, 2009 by Sarcastic Prince.
          Starting anew...

Nature: Timid

Quote:

I like that Event! I don't want it to be excluded! It's just too awesome to be excluded! I really hope you would fix it because I'm looking forward to play through this event when the Beta is released.

I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.

Old August 5th, 2009 (10:44 PM).
            Memento Mori
            • Gold Tier

Nature: Calm

Quote:

This is what the event would've looked like(well, some of it):

Btw, I made that large ball. And it's not an Overworld
            That huge ball is totally awesome!
            Is that one of guardian's stones?

ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List

Old August 6th, 2009 (12:49 AM).

I'm pretty sure (If not totally correct) thats the stone before it was broken...

Old August 6th, 2009 (2:00 AM).

cheeky

• Crystal Tier

The event deems really good, but if i can pop in and mention something (as appearence is an important part in any hack to me), then I would recommend you to Block-Edit the upper sides of the platform so that they fit to the black background. It would make it look another bit better, as the details together make the big thing really good, right

Aside from that little note, then I must say that this event seems relly good, it's gotta explain a lot for the story... Even if I actually see a cutscene similar to that one in like every single hack nowadays... Well, that's because they're good, right? And this ought to be special!

Happy Hacking, Cooley!

Old August 6th, 2009 (12:47 PM).
              ///Keepin' it simple
              • Silver Tier

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
              That huge ball is totally awesome!
              Is that one of guardian's stones?
              Yes, it is! It's the original one though. Find out more in the BETA.

Quote:
              The event deems really good, but if i can pop in and mention something (as appearence is an important part in any hack to me), then I would recommend you to Block-Edit the upper sides of the platform so that they fit to the black background. It would make it look another bit better, as the details together make the big thing really good, right

Aside from that little note, then I must say that this event seems relly good, it's gotta explain a lot for the story... Even if I actually see a cutscene similar to that one in like every single hack nowadays... Well, that's because they're good, right? And this ought to be special!

Happy Hacking, Cooley!

Thanks a lot, and about the tile error.. It appears it's too late, but I'll fix it sooner or later.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Ruka Prince View Post
              I like that Event! I don't want it to be excluded! It's just too awesome to be excluded! I really hope you would fix it because I'm looking forward to play through this event when the Beta is released.
              Thanks, it'll be out soon enough

Old August 6th, 2009 (2:22 PM).
              Learning

That looks like a nice event, and some superb scripting, as usual. I look forward to seeing it in-game (and to finally evolving my Cyndaquil). Just one thing; it's spelled 'guardian.'
                And one other thing occured to me. You have said that you will only be inserting some of the Pokemon on the national dex, not all. As I sat and pondered the deep matters of the universe, an appalling, unspeakable, deplorable possibility passed through my mind. Though I am sure no one would be depraved enough to make such an unforgiveable exclusion, I must ask;
                you are going to include Blissey, right?

Old August 6th, 2009 (4:39 PM).
                ///Keepin' it simple
                • Silver Tier

Quote:
                That looks like a nice event, and some superb scripting, as usual. I look forward to seeing it in-game (and to finally evolving my Cyndaquil). Just one thing; it's spelled 'guardian.'
                And one other thing occured to me. You have said that you will only be inserting some of the Pokemon on the national dex, not all. As I sat and pondered the deep matters of the universe, an appalling, unspeakable, deplorable possibility passed through my mind. Though I am sure no one would be depraved enough to make such an unforgiveable exclusion, I must ask;
                you are going to include Blissey, right?
                Unfortunately, Blissey has no importance to the Pokemon world.. Just kidding, of course it'll be included. And I'll even make a person give you one (Just like the person in Silph Co. gave Ash a Lapras)

Old August 6th, 2009 (4:59 PM).
                Starting anew...

Quote:
                  (Just like the person in Silph Co. gave Ash a Lapras)

Umm.. just to correct you, it's Red, not Ash if you are referring to FR.

I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.

Old August 6th, 2009 (5:18 PM).
                  Munchlax Trainer

Nature: Relaxed

Quote:
                    Unfortunately, Blissey has no importance to the Pokemon world.. Just kidding, of course it'll be included. And I'll even make a person give you one (Just like the person in Silph Co. gave Ash a Lapras)

When the person gives you it will it be a Happiny/Chansey
                    or will it be just a Blissey just wondering

Sign up using this link and you can earn free prizes like psn cards, xbox cards and more just for downloading apps on your phone or doing offers and surveys every 100 points equals a dollar and when you sign up with this link you get 250 points
                    http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=uin1355240952

Old August 6th, 2009 (10:56 PM).
                    Memento Mori
                    • Gold Tier

Nature: Calm

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by alo123 View Post
                    Egg of Happiny is imo best solution

ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List

Old August 7th, 2009 (2:12 AM).

cheeky

• Crystal Tier

But what would a Happiny do in a FR hack?

I liked that Lapras, the one that RED was given... I use it as a HM-slave :p

Old August 7th, 2009 (5:18 AM).
                    Starting anew...

Quote:
                      But what would a Happiny do in a FR hack?

I liked that Lapras, the one that RED was given... I use it as a HM-slave :p

Maybe Cooley will add some D/P/P Pokemon, or something like that.

Old August 7th, 2009 (5:39 AM).
                      Learning

Quote:
                        Thank goodness, I was worried for a second.
                        This thread is looking better and better all the time. Keep up the good work on this amazing (and Blissey-inclusive) hack!
                        By the way, how long do you think you'll make Eruption? By the time the player finishes the plot, what level will their party be, roughly?

Old August 7th, 2009 (2:19 PM).
                        Banned

Nature: Relaxed

Like the look of this. I will be keeping an eye as this hack developes.

Charchic.

Old August 8th, 2009 (2:06 AM).
                          HeartGold :P

This is a great hack, I like the tiles and the cyndaquil events, hope you can carry through with this

Hacks/Games I Support-

Spoiler:

ShadowDestiny AshGray ToxicPurple SilverCurrent

Old August 9th, 2009 (6:31 PM).
                            ///Keepin' it simple
                            • Silver Tier

Quote:
                            Umm.. just to correct you, it's Red, not Ash if you are referring to FR.
                            Yeah, well.. It doesn't matter, well not to me that is.
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by alo123 View Post
                            It'll just be a Blissey.

Quote:
                            Maybe Cooley will add some D/P/P Pokemon, or something like that.
                            No, it's not necessary. D/P/P Pokémon mess up a great hack, if I wanted D/P/P Pokémon I would've just hacked Diamond/Pearl/Platinum xD

Quote:
                            Thank goodness, I was worried for a second.
                            This thread is looking better and better all the time. Keep up the good work on this amazing (and Blissey-inclusive) hack!
                            By the way, how long do you think you'll make Eruption? By the time the player finishes the plot, what level will their party be, roughly?
                            Should be around 40-50. Like how it is, in the original games.

_________

New Updates; BETA release

Well, I had an unexpected turn in BETA testers, so really I only had two to detect/try everything. And unfortunately, they seemed to be "in a rush" to do it so.. I took what they reported, fixed it, and fixed anything else they didn't say.

Okay enough of personal business, and more of BETA business.
                            The BETA is below, play it to your hearts content. Let me know what you feel about it, etc. Sorry I'm one day late, but I bet no one really cares that much.

I won't be here for the next seven days. I'll be attending a(n) international camporee in Wisconsin. Good luck to you all with the BETA (in case it doesn't work), and don't forget to brush twice a day!

Attached Files
                            File Type: ips Pokemon Eruption v2.1.ips‎ (9.7 KB, 29 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Old August 9th, 2009 (6:37 PM). Edited August 9th, 2009 by Makorin.
                            Ex-ROM Hacker

Nature: Bashful

Quote:
                              Yeah, well.. It doesn't matter, well not to me that is.

It'll just be a Blissey.

No, it's not necessary. D/P/P Pokémon mess up a great hack, if I wanted D/P/P Pokémon I would've just hacked Diamond/Pearl/Platinum xD

Should be around 40-50. Like how it is, in the original games.

_________

New Updates; BETA release

Well, I had an unexpected turn in BETA testers, so really I only had two to detect/try everything. And unfortunately, they seemed to be "in a rush" to do it so.. I took what they reported, fixed it, and fixed anything else they didn't say.

Okay enough of personal business, and more of BETA business.
                              The BETA is below, play it to your hearts content. Let me know what you feel about it, etc. Sorry I'm one day late, but I bet no one really cares that much.

I won't be here for the next seven days. I'll be attending a(n) international camporee in Wisconsin. Good luck to you all with the BETA (in case it doesn't work), and don't forget to brush twice a day!

Wooo! A beta!
                              say... Your going to WI? That's where I live!

Well I hope this beta is as exciting as the screenies and Vids!
                              [will most likely edit post or put up new post when I'm done playing!]

~Flaming Flarez~
                              ~Eruption Beta! How fun~

~EDIT~ um.. what the heck...
                              all that is changed is the intro sequence...
                              that is all that is different from FR/LG

Although I did go into A-Map and saw a map but it really didn't matter...
                              No other Maps, No Scripts, No nothing...

I thought this had to be some sort of joke...

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Closed Thread
                              Quick Reply

Sponsored Links