Progressing ROM Hacks This forum is for ROM hacks which are currently in production, but not yet finished. Come and find a ROM hack that's starting out, or post your own for others to see! For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #151    
Old August 4th, 2009 (12:48 PM).
luigi-guy's Avatar
luigi-guy luigi-guy is offline
     
    Join Date: Jun 2008
    Posts: 55

    Hm...I supose I could be a better tester for you, I've been here for a while and this is one of the few games I've actually enjoyed.
    I talk to EVERYONE and read EVERY sign, I even look at objects like painting and bookcases to see what they say XD (Wait...how can I do that?! The don't talk!)
    I guess it doesn't matter if I don't because its being released this week anyway XD

    [edit] And as soon as I get the ROM I'll start BETA testing, I've already got 6 clean FR roms.

    __________________

    I'm a BETA tester, need help testing your hacking? Just pm me.


    Relevant Advertising!

      #152    
    Old August 4th, 2009 (6:57 PM).
    cooley's Avatar
    cooley cooley is offline
    ///Keepin' it simple
    • Silver Tier
     
    Join Date: Feb 2007
    Location: United States
    Age: 22
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Impish
    Posts: 1,147

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trebornosliw View Post
    I didn't think of that. It would be an interesting twist, and I think there's actually a Special that activates the Orb script already (though that's probably only for Ruby).
    Yes, I think Blissey should be a legendary. There's a sickening level of Legendary discrimination against pink puffballs.
    Plus, Blissey is ridiculously awesome anyway.
    I would have to agree with you, but what about mew?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by luigi-guy View Post
    Hm...I supose I could be a better tester for you, I've been here for a while and this is one of the few games I've actually enjoyed.
    I talk to EVERYONE and read EVERY sign, I even look at objects like painting and bookcases to see what they say XD (Wait...how can I do that?! The don't talk!)
    I guess it doesn't matter if I don't because its being released this week anyway XD

    [edit] And as soon as I get the ROM I'll start BETA testing, I've already got 6 clean FR roms.

    Well.. You've seem to have persuade me. So, I'll allow you to Beta test! Expect a PM soon

    __________________


      #153    
    Old August 4th, 2009 (7:10 PM). Edited August 4th, 2009 by trebornosliw.
    trebornosliw's Avatar
    trebornosliw trebornosliw is offline
    Learning
       
      Join Date: Jul 2009
      Age: 24
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 523

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by cooley View Post
      I would have to agree with you, but what about mew?
      Well, I've always preferred Mewtwo to Mew (and Blissey. Have I mentioned that Blissey is awesome? You should make the giant ultimate super-awesome Blissey that-)ahem, erm, where was I...
      Yeah, Mew would be great, but where would you put him? Also, I've heard that if you catch Mew in the wild, he doesn't obey you...
      You should have the Professor give Mew to you if you complete the regional dex (though that might get a little complicated to script, since you'd have to somehow seperate the Pokemon you include in your dex from those in the National and Kanto dexes). Or maybe you could stick Mew in that cave where you caught the Cyndaquil, for when you come back and revisit. Or maybe you could rescue it from team Knox.
      There I go again. Well, where do you think you'll put Mew, if you include him?
      Oooooh, I just had a thought. You should stick him under a truck somewhere for nostalgia's sake!
      Ah well, keep up the good work! I'm looking forward eagerly to the next release.

      EDIT: I just read through my own post and noticed how incredibly goofy it was... sorry about that.

      __________________

      Credit for my avatar goes to the Lego company.

        #154    
      Old August 4th, 2009 (7:15 PM).
      cooley's Avatar
      cooley cooley is offline
      ///Keepin' it simple
      • Silver Tier
       
      Join Date: Feb 2007
      Location: United States
      Age: 22
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Impish
      Posts: 1,147

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by trebornosliw View Post
      Well, I've always preferred Mewtwo to Mew (and Blissey. Have I mentioned that Blissey is awesome? You should make the giant ultimate super-awesome Blissey that-)ahem, erm, where was I...
      Yeah, Mew would be great, but where would you put him? Also, I've heard that if you catch Mew in the wild, he doesn't obey you...
      You should have the Professor give Mew to you if you complete the regional dex (though that might get a little complicated to script, since you'd have to somehow seperate the Pokemon you include in your dex from those in the National and Kanto dexes). Or maybe you could stick Mew in that cave where you caught the Cyndaquil, for when you come back and revisit. Or maybe you could rescue it from team Knox.
      There I go again. Well, where do you think you'll put Mew, if you include him?
      Oooooh, I just had a thought. You should stick him under a truck somewhere for nostalgia's sake!
      Ah well, keep up the good work! I'm looking forward eagerly to the next release.

      EDIT: I just read through my own post and noticed how incredibly goofy it was... sorry about that.

      Ooh, well I meant Mew as in you said they exclude pink Pokemon from being legendaries LOL Sorry about that... Mew would definitely cause a lot a problems, and It's not worth creating a time consuming ASM routine over..

      __________________


        #155    
      Old August 5th, 2009 (1:36 AM).
      luigi-guy's Avatar
      luigi-guy luigi-guy is offline
         
        Join Date: Jun 2008
        Posts: 55

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by cooley View Post
        Well.. You've seem to have persuade me. So, I'll allow you to Beta test! Expect a PM soon
        Um....Pm me sooner? I could be BETA testing right now...(And did I get picked due to the fact that people who have bad grammer and are new might not be good beta testers? XD)
        Anyway, Yeah, Pm me as soon as possible.

        [edit]: Oops... It seams I wrote "Better tester" Not "Beta Tester" in the post you quoted, Lol

        __________________

        I'm a BETA tester, need help testing your hacking? Just pm me.

          #156    
        Old August 5th, 2009 (4:24 AM). Edited August 5th, 2009 by Pokestick, good times..
        Pokestick, good times.'s Avatar
        Pokestick, good times. Pokestick, good times. is offline

        cheeky

        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Mar 2009
        Location: somewhere
        Age: 22
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Impish
        Posts: 7,477

        This little thingy is doing better and better!

        I'm back from the usual summer lazyness, so I just might finish the [VERY SECRET, ONLY COOLEY MAY SEE THIS INFORMATION] (lol) map for you sooner or later, I expect it finished in a day or two, I'll PM you

        EDIT: Mapped and sent. Don't read this!

        Maybe I should just message you this... Well, done is done!

        __________________

          #157    
        Old August 5th, 2009 (9:13 AM).
        luigi-guy's Avatar
        luigi-guy luigi-guy is offline
           
          Join Date: Jun 2008
          Posts: 55

          Um...so am I gonna get to beta test?! Not that I mind, ofcourse, but I've been worring all day thinking that I would be too late to beta test (Haven't had acess to a computer). Lol

          __________________

          I'm a BETA tester, need help testing your hacking? Just pm me.

            #158    
          Old August 5th, 2009 (6:34 PM). Edited August 5th, 2009 by cooley.
          cooley's Avatar
          cooley cooley is offline
          ///Keepin' it simple
          • Silver Tier
           
          Join Date: Feb 2007
          Location: United States
          Age: 22
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Impish
          Posts: 1,147

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by luigi-guy View Post
          Um....Pm me sooner? I could be BETA testing right now...(And did I get picked due to the fact that people who have bad grammer and are new might not be good beta testers? XD)
          Anyway, Yeah, Pm me as soon as possible.

          [edit]: Oops... It seams I wrote "Better tester" Not "Beta Tester" in the post you quoted, Lol

          Umm... When I meant BETA tester, I didn't mean it would be ready, instantly
          But anyways, I replied to your PM.

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by pokestick View Post
          This little thingy is doing better and better!

          I'm back from the usual summer lazyness, so I just might finish the [VERY SECRET, ONLY COOLEY MAY SEE THIS INFORMATION] (lol) map for you sooner or later, I expect it finished in a day or two, I'll PM you

          EDIT: Mapped and sent. Don't read this!

          Maybe I should just message you this... Well, done is done!

          Lol! I got it.

          I have bad news though, unfortunately. I decided to add one more event, like a storyline event, right before Eruption starts. And everything works perfectly, up until it's time to warp. When the warp starts, it makes the sound (0x9) but it doesn't finish.

          I've been working on it for an hour or so, but if nothing works, I'll have to exclude it. It is a very good event too
          FIXED!!!

          This is what the event would've looked like(well, some of it):

          Btw, I made that large ball. And it's not an Overworld

          __________________


            #159    
          Old August 5th, 2009 (7:07 PM). Edited August 5th, 2009 by Sarcastic Prince.
          Sarcastic Prince's Avatar
          Sarcastic Prince Sarcastic Prince is offline
          Starting anew...
             
            Join Date: Aug 2007
            Location: Kwun Tong Mountains
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Timid
            Posts: 3,066

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by cooley View Post

            I like that Event! I don't want it to be excluded! It's just too awesome to be excluded! I really hope you would fix it because I'm looking forward to play through this event when the Beta is released.

            __________________

            I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.

              #160    
            Old August 5th, 2009 (10:44 PM).
            Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
            Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
            Memento Mori
            • Gold Tier
             
            Join Date: Jul 2008
            Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
            Age: 25
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Calm
            Posts: 14,494

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by cooley View Post

            This is what the event would've looked like(well, some of it):

            Btw, I made that large ball. And it's not an Overworld
            That huge ball is totally awesome!
            Is that one of guardian's stones?

            __________________

            ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

            Anime List | PSN Trophy List

              #161    
            Old August 6th, 2009 (12:49 AM).
            luigi-guy's Avatar
            luigi-guy luigi-guy is offline
               
              Join Date: Jun 2008
              Posts: 55

              I'm pretty sure (If not totally correct) thats the stone before it was broken...

              __________________

              I'm a BETA tester, need help testing your hacking? Just pm me.

                #162    
              Old August 6th, 2009 (2:00 AM).
              Pokestick, good times.'s Avatar
              Pokestick, good times. Pokestick, good times. is offline

              cheeky

              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Mar 2009
              Location: somewhere
              Age: 22
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Impish
              Posts: 7,477

              The event deems really good, but if i can pop in and mention something (as appearence is an important part in any hack to me), then I would recommend you to Block-Edit the upper sides of the platform so that they fit to the black background. It would make it look another bit better, as the details together make the big thing really good, right

              Aside from that little note, then I must say that this event seems relly good, it's gotta explain a lot for the story... Even if I actually see a cutscene similar to that one in like every single hack nowadays... Well, that's because they're good, right? And this ought to be special!

              Happy Hacking, Cooley!

              __________________

                #163    
              Old August 6th, 2009 (12:47 PM).
              cooley's Avatar
              cooley cooley is offline
              ///Keepin' it simple
              • Silver Tier
               
              Join Date: Feb 2007
              Location: United States
              Age: 22
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Impish
              Posts: 1,147

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
              That huge ball is totally awesome!
              Is that one of guardian's stones?
              Yes, it is! It's the original one though. Find out more in the BETA.

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by pokestick View Post
              The event deems really good, but if i can pop in and mention something (as appearence is an important part in any hack to me), then I would recommend you to Block-Edit the upper sides of the platform so that they fit to the black background. It would make it look another bit better, as the details together make the big thing really good, right

              Aside from that little note, then I must say that this event seems relly good, it's gotta explain a lot for the story... Even if I actually see a cutscene similar to that one in like every single hack nowadays... Well, that's because they're good, right? And this ought to be special!

              Happy Hacking, Cooley!

              Thanks a lot, and about the tile error.. It appears it's too late, but I'll fix it sooner or later.

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Ruka Prince View Post
              I like that Event! I don't want it to be excluded! It's just too awesome to be excluded! I really hope you would fix it because I'm looking forward to play through this event when the Beta is released.
              Thanks, it'll be out soon enough

              __________________


                #164    
              Old August 6th, 2009 (2:22 PM).
              trebornosliw's Avatar
              trebornosliw trebornosliw is offline
              Learning
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2009
                Age: 24
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Adamant
                Posts: 523

                That looks like a nice event, and some superb scripting, as usual. I look forward to seeing it in-game (and to finally evolving my Cyndaquil). Just one thing; it's spelled 'guardian.'
                And one other thing occured to me. You have said that you will only be inserting some of the Pokemon on the national dex, not all. As I sat and pondered the deep matters of the universe, an appalling, unspeakable, deplorable possibility passed through my mind. Though I am sure no one would be depraved enough to make such an unforgiveable exclusion, I must ask;
                you are going to include Blissey, right?

                __________________

                Credit for my avatar goes to the Lego company.

                  #165    
                Old August 6th, 2009 (4:39 PM).
                cooley's Avatar
                cooley cooley is offline
                ///Keepin' it simple
                • Silver Tier
                 
                Join Date: Feb 2007
                Location: United States
                Age: 22
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Impish
                Posts: 1,147

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by trebornosliw View Post
                That looks like a nice event, and some superb scripting, as usual. I look forward to seeing it in-game (and to finally evolving my Cyndaquil). Just one thing; it's spelled 'guardian.'
                And one other thing occured to me. You have said that you will only be inserting some of the Pokemon on the national dex, not all. As I sat and pondered the deep matters of the universe, an appalling, unspeakable, deplorable possibility passed through my mind. Though I am sure no one would be depraved enough to make such an unforgiveable exclusion, I must ask;
                you are going to include Blissey, right?
                Unfortunately, Blissey has no importance to the Pokemon world.. Just kidding, of course it'll be included. And I'll even make a person give you one (Just like the person in Silph Co. gave Ash a Lapras)

                __________________


                  #166    
                Old August 6th, 2009 (4:59 PM).
                Sarcastic Prince's Avatar
                Sarcastic Prince Sarcastic Prince is offline
                Starting anew...
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2007
                  Location: Kwun Tong Mountains
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Timid
                  Posts: 3,066

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by cooley View Post
                  (Just like the person in Silph Co. gave Ash a Lapras)

                  Umm.. just to correct you, it's Red, not Ash if you are referring to FR.

                  __________________

                  I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.

                    #167    
                  Old August 6th, 2009 (5:18 PM).
                  alo123's Avatar
                  alo123 alo123 is offline
                  Munchlax Trainer
                     
                    Join Date: Apr 2009
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 212

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by cooley View Post
                    Unfortunately, Blissey has no importance to the Pokemon world.. Just kidding, of course it'll be included. And I'll even make a person give you one (Just like the person in Silph Co. gave Ash a Lapras)

                    When the person gives you it will it be a Happiny/Chansey
                    or will it be just a Blissey just wondering

                    __________________

                    Sign up using this link and you can earn free prizes like psn cards, xbox cards and more just for downloading apps on your phone or doing offers and surveys every 100 points equals a dollar and when you sign up with this link you get 250 points
                    http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=uin1355240952

                      #168    
                    Old August 6th, 2009 (10:56 PM).
                    Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                    Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                    Memento Mori
                    • Gold Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2008
                    Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                    Age: 25
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Calm
                    Posts: 14,494

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by alo123 View Post
                    When the person gives you it will it be a Happiny/Chansey
                    or will it be just a Blissey just wondering
                    Egg of Happiny is imo best solution

                    __________________

                    ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                    Anime List | PSN Trophy List

                      #169    
                    Old August 7th, 2009 (2:12 AM).
                    Pokestick, good times.'s Avatar
                    Pokestick, good times. Pokestick, good times. is offline

                    cheeky

                    • Crystal Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2009
                    Location: somewhere
                    Age: 22
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Impish
                    Posts: 7,477

                    But what would a Happiny do in a FR hack?

                    I liked that Lapras, the one that RED was given... I use it as a HM-slave :p

                    __________________

                      #170    
                    Old August 7th, 2009 (5:18 AM).
                    Sarcastic Prince's Avatar
                    Sarcastic Prince Sarcastic Prince is offline
                    Starting anew...
                       
                      Join Date: Aug 2007
                      Location: Kwun Tong Mountains
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Timid
                      Posts: 3,066

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by pokestick View Post
                      But what would a Happiny do in a FR hack?

                      I liked that Lapras, the one that RED was given... I use it as a HM-slave :p

                      Maybe Cooley will add some D/P/P Pokemon, or something like that.

                      __________________

                      I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.

                        #171    
                      Old August 7th, 2009 (5:39 AM).
                      trebornosliw's Avatar
                      trebornosliw trebornosliw is offline
                      Learning
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2009
                        Age: 24
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Adamant
                        Posts: 523

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by cooley View Post
                        Unfortunately, Blissey has no importance to the Pokemon world.. Just kidding, of course it'll be included. And I'll even make a person give you one (Just like the person in Silph Co. gave Ash a Lapras)
                        Thank goodness, I was worried for a second.
                        This thread is looking better and better all the time. Keep up the good work on this amazing (and Blissey-inclusive) hack!
                        By the way, how long do you think you'll make Eruption? By the time the player finishes the plot, what level will their party be, roughly?

                        __________________

                        Credit for my avatar goes to the Lego company.

                          #172    
                        Old August 7th, 2009 (2:19 PM).
                        Cнαяcнιc Cнαяcнιc is offline
                        Banned
                           
                          Join Date: Aug 2009
                          Location: Kαηтσ xD
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Relaxed
                          Posts: 200

                          Like the look of this. I will be keeping an eye as this hack developes.

                          Charchic.

                            #173    
                          Old August 8th, 2009 (2:06 AM).
                          Tudj's Avatar
                          Tudj Tudj is offline
                          HeartGold :P
                             
                            Join Date: Sep 2008
                            Location: Australia
                            Age: 22
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 610

                            This is a great hack, I like the tiles and the cyndaquil events, hope you can carry through with this

                            __________________

                            Hacks/Games I Support-

                            Spoiler:

                            ShadowDestiny AshGray ToxicPurple SilverCurrent

                              #174    
                            Old August 9th, 2009 (6:31 PM).
                            cooley's Avatar
                            cooley cooley is offline
                            ///Keepin' it simple
                            • Silver Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Feb 2007
                            Location: United States
                            Age: 22
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Impish
                            Posts: 1,147

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Ruka Prince View Post
                            Umm.. just to correct you, it's Red, not Ash if you are referring to FR.
                            Yeah, well.. It doesn't matter, well not to me that is.
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by alo123 View Post
                            When the person gives you it will it be a Happiny/Chansey
                            or will it be just a Blissey just wondering
                            It'll just be a Blissey.

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Ruka Prince View Post
                            Maybe Cooley will add some D/P/P Pokemon, or something like that.
                            No, it's not necessary. D/P/P Pokémon mess up a great hack, if I wanted D/P/P Pokémon I would've just hacked Diamond/Pearl/Platinum xD

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by trebornosliw View Post
                            Thank goodness, I was worried for a second.
                            This thread is looking better and better all the time. Keep up the good work on this amazing (and Blissey-inclusive) hack!
                            By the way, how long do you think you'll make Eruption? By the time the player finishes the plot, what level will their party be, roughly?
                            Should be around 40-50. Like how it is, in the original games.

                            _________

                            New Updates; BETA release

                            Well, I had an unexpected turn in BETA testers, so really I only had two to detect/try everything. And unfortunately, they seemed to be "in a rush" to do it so.. I took what they reported, fixed it, and fixed anything else they didn't say.

                            Okay enough of personal business, and more of BETA business.
                            The BETA is below, play it to your hearts content. Let me know what you feel about it, etc. Sorry I'm one day late, but I bet no one really cares that much.

                            I won't be here for the next seven days. I'll be attending a(n) international camporee in Wisconsin. Good luck to you all with the BETA (in case it doesn't work), and don't forget to brush twice a day!

                            Attached Files
                            File Type: ips Pokemon Eruption v2.1.ips‎ (9.7 KB, 29 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                            __________________


                              #175    
                            Old August 9th, 2009 (6:37 PM). Edited August 9th, 2009 by Makorin.
                            Makorin's Avatar
                            Makorin Makorin is offline
                            Ex-ROM Hacker
                               
                              Join Date: Oct 2007
                              Location: The World That Never Was
                              Age: 21
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Bashful
                              Posts: 337

                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by cooley View Post
                              Yeah, well.. It doesn't matter, well not to me that is.

                              It'll just be a Blissey.

                              No, it's not necessary. D/P/P Pokémon mess up a great hack, if I wanted D/P/P Pokémon I would've just hacked Diamond/Pearl/Platinum xD

                              Should be around 40-50. Like how it is, in the original games.

                              _________

                              New Updates; BETA release

                              Well, I had an unexpected turn in BETA testers, so really I only had two to detect/try everything. And unfortunately, they seemed to be "in a rush" to do it so.. I took what they reported, fixed it, and fixed anything else they didn't say.

                              Okay enough of personal business, and more of BETA business.
                              The BETA is below, play it to your hearts content. Let me know what you feel about it, etc. Sorry I'm one day late, but I bet no one really cares that much.

                              I won't be here for the next seven days. I'll be attending a(n) international camporee in Wisconsin. Good luck to you all with the BETA (in case it doesn't work), and don't forget to brush twice a day!

                              Wooo! A beta!
                              say... Your going to WI? That's where I live!

                              Well I hope this beta is as exciting as the screenies and Vids!
                              [will most likely edit post or put up new post when I'm done playing!]

                              ~Flaming Flarez~
                              ~Eruption Beta! How fun~

                              ~EDIT~ um.. what the heck...
                              all that is changed is the intro sequence...
                              that is all that is different from FR/LG

                              Although I did go into A-Map and saw a map but it really didn't matter...
                              No other Maps, No Scripts, No nothing...

                              I thought this had to be some sort of joke...

                              __________________


                              Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

                              Closed Thread
                              Quick Reply

                              Sponsored Links
                              Thread Tools

                              Posting Rules
                              You may not post new threads
                              You may not post replies
                              You may not post attachments
                              You may not edit your posts

                              BB code is On
                              Smilies are On
                              [IMG] code is On
                              HTML code is Off

                              Forum Jump


                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:41 AM.