• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Types and New Type Ideas

What is/are your favorite type(s)

• Normal

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Fire

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • Water

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • Grass

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Electric

Votes: 14 18.9%
  • Ice

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Fighting

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • Poison

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • Ground

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Flying

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Psychic

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • Bug

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Rock

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Ghost

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Dragon

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • Dark

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Steel

Votes: 15 20.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wh1teW01f

This is my "Awesome" face
    Years
    What is/are your favorites type(s) in the pokemon games and/or what type do you think they should add to the game?

My favorite types are definately Dragon, Fire, and maybe Ice. I think that they should make a Light type to counteract the Dark type that they made.

Last edited:

Asgard

Why you little...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 31, 2020
    My favorite types are Flying and probably Dark. :> I don't really want any new types, though - I think there're enough already -w- I've seen the Light-type thing a few times before, but that'd just bring up the pairs for other types, and then there'd be a billion types and raaargh Dx Besides, in my mind, Electric is the "Light"-type. :>

Ayselipera

Fire and Grass are my favorites. All I can really think of is light type?

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    My favorite Types are Dark, Ice, Dragon, and Fire
    I think a good type would have to be Light, Artificial/Computer/Cyber...and

Love conquers all anyone?/hit

I'd like type thats weak against normal >.>

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Fire, Dragon, and Steel are my faves. (I think that there are maybe 3 threads like this.......or is it just me?)

Wh1teW01f

Years
    Well one of them is another thread made by me because I accidently put it in the wrong forum.

I just now started a poll of the same question as the one I asked at the beginning so if you want to you can vote for your favorite types up there. You can vote on more than one type if you can't decide which one you want to choose.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2012
    I've always liked Ice type -- Ice kicked butt in RBY's E4, I liked the original sound effects of ice moves such as Ice Beam and Aurora Beam, and I'm usually an Ice-type mage in most MMORPGs that I play.

As for new types, while I think there are plenty, I'd like to see a Holy type if they were to introduce a new one. It would serve the same purpose of the "Light" class that everyone is mentioning (to have a dual nature with the Dark type), but I think that Light sounds too similar to the Electric type.

I'd also like to see a Pokemon that is of the Fighting-Ghost double type... it would be designed as a super stealthy ninja Poke ;P

Wh1teW01f

Years
    Okay, I see your point about Light being too close to Electric, Allure XI. Maybe we should start calling it Holy like you said. Can you also choose your type on the poll up there as well, please?

You don't have to if you don't want to, it would just be nice if you did

Last edited:

PokeMangaObsessed

Panic's new album coming soon~
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2009
    My favorite types are Psychic, Dark, and Ghost. I don't think we need anymore types, but the Light/Holy type seems interesting.

Wh1teW01f

Years
    Okay, so from what people tell me as far as new type suggestions go is a Light/Holy type and a Cyber/Computer/Artificial type.

Thanks for your imput guys, I really appreciate your ideas on new types for the games!

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2009
    well i want a type that makes normal type attacks do super effective damage too, so how about easy type or hard type

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
    Years
    I vote Dragon only, I want a new type (for Arceus only), Alpha (or another name) type, Attacking: All types: 2x, Defending: All types 0x, hehehe..., it's very good type, you can't beat it :P

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    I picked the ghost type as my favorite because ghosts kick butt!

I agree with what everyone else posted about the light type, but maybe call it Pure or something less electric sounding.

And Allure XI, yeah ghost/fighting type sounds dope! :D

peteron85

Pokemon trainer
    Years
    I enjoy Grass, Ghost, and Ice type pokemon the most. Light should be made to counter dark types, and artifical seems cool too.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    My favorite Types are Dark, Ice, Dragon, and Fire
    I think a good type would have to be Light, Artificial/Computer/Cyber...and

Love conquers all anyone?/hit

I'd like type thats weak against normal >.>

Abnormal, perhaps? :S

As for mine, my favourite types are: Psychic, Fire and Dragon.
    I'dlik to see: Lunar/Celestial (Clefairy, Lunatone tc.), Gas (Gastly etc.) ad I guess Light. :\ Though, I'm not eager for new types....at he moment. ;) XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back