• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Choose your own adventure] An Unforgettable Tale

Feign

Clain
Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    After reading what Astinus had to say, I decided to try and challenge myself in making my own choose your adventure. However there is a twist, this type of choosing will be similar to that of the Fable series (if you are unfamiliar with them, basically your character chooses whether to do bad, good or grey area actions) as well as similar to the Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic (again the same idea).

Once I do post an option, the first person to select an option, will have their option be chosen. However, the person choosing the option must say why they chose that particular option. This is not because I don't want to choose your option, but rather that they understand how the story is heading, and even the character's current morality. Moral ambiguity and morality is key. Also, to make sure the plot does not follow in one line; I have written down a basic premise and gone ahead with some plot directions, if the reader selects the certain options.

Also I will keep track of the character's moral compass on a piece of paper, and if the character's morals are heading in one direction more often, than I will have more options in regards to that moral behaviour. While some options might not have that much moral decision, you'd still have to keep an eye.

And lastly, this is not a parody, this will be a bit more of serious stuff, so there won't be funny options (unless if it is permitted), but I will try to include the odd bit of humour.

------

Your whole body hurts, you are not sure why, it aches as though you had been beaten up pretty badly. You wonder where you ended up. But wait, that's not right, you don't even know who you are for that matter. You open up your eyes, and find yourself on the ground.

"Great, I don't even know who I am, and I'm in the middle of nowhere," You think. You put your hands to your face and feel a tear coming down. "I'm just a kid!"

With great effort, you stand up. You look down at your attire, you seem to be wearing what looks to be a monk's robe, but you do not know why this is. You notice something else however, it is a pokebelt, and attached to it, is one Pokeball.

It's strange, you don't remember anything about your own life, but you do recall how to train and battle Pokémon. You unhook the ball from your belt, and as though you have used one before, throw it up into the air releasing the Pokémon within it. It too looks like it had suffered the same sort of amnesia as you have, as it looks around curiously.

"Hi there," You say. "I'm not sure what happened to me- or you for that matter, but maybe we can solve it together!"

The Pokémon looks at you, and you quickly recognize it to be a:

a) Charmander
    b) Squirtle
    c) Bulbasaur

Note: no reason needs to be given at this time as to your choice.

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    You look at your Charmander and smile. Unfortunately you became distracted as your stomach growls.

"Man I'm hungry, what do you think we'll find around here?" You ask, looking at your Charmander.

It looks at you expectantly as though wondering the same thing. You sigh.

"I guess we should just head in that direction." You say, pointing at an arbitrary direction towards some mountains. Both you and your Pokémon begin to walk. You look up to the sky and guess at the sun's current position; it seems to be around midday. Again, you don't know how you know this, you just do.

Trying not to get to be bored, or lonely, you attempt to strike up conversation.

"You know, I bet you used to have a name... You know, before we ended up like this. I know! I could give you a name, again." You say.

Your Charmander, who has been walking ahead of you, stops and turns around to look at you, excited by the prospect. You kneel in front of him, as you think up of a name.

"Okay how about _____?"

a) Sparks
    b) Demon
    c) Ignatius
    d) Other name, provide your own idea of a nick, as well as a good reason
    e) "On second thought, I like 'Charmander' as is."

Note: No reason needs to be given for your choice, except if you choose option D.

"I hope that's okay then." You say.

Your Charmander appears to smile and decides to continue walking. As the day burns on, you become further exhausted, you do not even know when it was the last time you ate, as your stomach grumbles yet again. Finally after you climb up a grassy hill, you notice a dirt road; however, you do not know which direction to take. You look further on in each road's destination, and find a lake on one side, and a lone house on the other. When you look at the house, a light flickers on, telling you that someone is inside. You quickly run down the hill with your Charmander, and you are now standing in the middle of the road, however you don't know which direction to take.

"Are there people in that house?" You ask out loud. "I hope they weren't the ones who gave me the amnesia, but maybe it's a nice family, if anyone is even there, maybe they can help.... But maybe the lake has fish though?" You contemplate to yourself.

Do you:

a)Go to the house, but don't knock, and take whatever you can
    b)Knock on their door and get help if possible
    c)Go to the lake and forage

Note: Please give a reason as to why you chose the particular one you did.

Last edited:

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • e) "On second thought, I like 'Charmander' as is."

b) Knock on their door and get help if possible.

I have amnesia. Perhaps they have information as to who I am or what happened. Or, if not, at least I may have a place to rest and eat.

Coming along nicely. :)

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    "Charmander! Let's hurry and go to the house, maybe someone there can help us," You yell, beginning to run in the direction of the house.

"I hope it's a nice family," You think to yourself. "But I am desperate."

Finally you arrive, Charmander following right behind you. As you enter the front yard, you notice various well kept flowers, and even a garden in the backyard. Slowly, you walk to the door, and because you had just run down a hill, you feel quite exhausted. It seems like it takes you great effort to knock on the door. You knock on it three times then pass out.

You wake up later, you feel oddly comfortable for a change.

"Oh man..." You think. "I hope I didn't forget anything this time around... Wait a sec..."

You open your eyes, to find your Charmander sleeping next to you. You recognize it, and sigh with relief that you were able to recall it. You find a warm cloth that had been placed on your forehead. Looking around the room, you see various ornaments of bird Pokémon. Suddenly the bedroom door opens. It is an old lady.

"I'm glad to see you are awake, young one," She said. "I was beginning to think you'd never wake up, you looked ever so exhausted. You should get cleaned up before you eat."

"Th-thank you." You stammer.

"It's no problem, here I'll start the bath, and get you some of my grandson's clothes he left behind, he is my only grandchild, and I think you would seem to fit in his clothes, no more need for that strange robe." She continues.

You want to explode with millions of questions, but her kindness caught you off guard. You decide to follow her, she hands you some clothes, and you go to the washroom. You see that the bathtub is already full and steaming.

Taking off the strange robe, you get into the tub, and watch as though 100 years worth of dirt slides off of you, even the aches and pains seem to diminish.

While bathing you wonder what the old lady meant when she commented that the robes were strange; perhaps she knows something about their origin? "No I'm thinking too much of it, maybe she just thought they were strange because they do look rather ugly." You think.

"Charmander why don't you at least dip your feet in?" You say, seeing that Charmander is recognizably afraid of water. "You look dirty too anyway."

Charmander tentatively walks towards the bathtub and cringes as it feels a cloth wash over it. Playing in the water a little longer, you decide to towel off, once you notice your fingers becoming as wrinkling as the old woman's face.

Putting on the new clothes, you feel a little bit silly wearing them, but you are glad to be back in normal clothes. Opening the bathroom door, you suddenly smell the sweet aroma of something the old lady is cooking. She notices you.

"Took you long enough," She says smiling. "You'd think you hadn't had a bath in years."

You only nod and smile weakly.

"Here, I have some food here for your Charmander." She says.

You nod at your Pokémon as it looks up to you, and it runs over to the dish and begins eating.

"And for us, fresh grown from the garden, vegetable soup, with some bread." She says.

You walk over to the table and sit down, your stomach grumbles again, yet as the bowl is placed in front of you, you don't feel as hungry.

"Do you know me?" You ask.

"Sorry?" The old lady says.

"Do you know my name?" You repeat.

"I'm sorry dear, I do not." She says.

"It's- it's just that, I don't remember anything about myself or my family or where I live or even my Pokémon." You say, feeling tears build up again.

The old woman doesn't appear shocked; instead she leans over and hugs you. "Oh you poor thing." She says simply.

**​

A few days pass and you feel fully recovered, perhaps anyone would, if all they did was eat and sleep. The old lady did not have any other answers to your questions, but you enjoy her company anyway. After all, you still weren't sure who you could trust, but this old lady, was just simply oddly kind. Finally because you are feeling better, you believe it is time to come up with a decision on what to do now.

a)Do you decide to repay her in kind, and help her around the house
    b)Thank her and leave the next morning
    c)Quietly leave in the middle of the night

Please provide a reason as to why you chose the one you did.

Last edited:

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • C:Quietly leave in the middle of the night.

She's acting strangely kind, I'm getting awfully suspicious of her. Kind of like Hansel and Gretel where she feeds you then does something to you. XD

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 13, 2009
    "Do not confuse past and present tense," I say. "See, I ended that sentence with a comma, not a full stop. Also, choose between past and present tense."

I cough before I state my decision, C. "I would quietly leave in the night. Perhaps I would leave a written thank you taped onto the door, but the woman might force me to do chores or pay money before I leave, and I have no money and better things to do."

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Heh yeah, I have been trying to use present tense (in context with these types of stories), however I still have to get used to it. >.> must review work more.

I should have the next part up later I think.

EDIT: I also went over what I had written before, to correct any grammatical errors I might have overlooked. So if you see one, be sure to point it out. ;) Thanks!

Last edited:
    Back