Fan Games Hub General discussions about all things fan games. Topics relating to both ROM hacks and custom games are welcome here. Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #926    
Old June 13th, 2011 (12:51 PM).
Shadow of Legends's Avatar
Shadow of Legends Shadow of Legends is offline
     
    Join Date: Apr 2011
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 6
    I'm making a pokemon hack. Any ideas? (names, fakemon, maps, etc.)
    __________________

    ~Every legend has a shadow~

    Relevant Advertising!

      #927    
    Old June 13th, 2011 (10:30 PM).
    Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
    Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
    Memento Mori
    • Gold Tier
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
    Age: 24
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Calm
    Posts: 14,476
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shadow of Legends View Post
    I'm making a pokemon hack. Any ideas? (names, fakemon, maps, etc.)
    Shadow Legends...? :D
    I'm joking, this is something you need to choose for yourself =)
    It's your hack so you should use your own ideas
    __________________
    ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

    Anime List | PSN Trophy List
      #928    
    Old June 20th, 2011 (10:46 AM).
    ThaReaper01's Avatar
    ThaReaper01 ThaReaper01 is offline
    I'm on my way...
       
      Join Date: Feb 2011
      Age: 23
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Calm
      Posts: 18
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by ThaReaper01 View Post
      Are there any ROMs that have the Gen 4/5 gameplay design but has the R/B/Y/Fr/Lg storyline?
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by ThaReaper01 View Post
      I probably should have been a bit more clear. What I mean by "design" are things likes attacks being categorized as physical or special, instead of all one type being physical or all one type being special. Things like that. I'm not bothered about the graphics or anything like that.
      One of these been released yet?
        #929    
      Old June 21st, 2011 (4:34 AM).
      Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
      Tropical Sunlight Tropical Sunlight is offline
      The Faltine
         
        Join Date: Mar 2008
        Location: Slovenia
        Age: 21
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 3,572
        Do you think it'd be a good idea to have a Screenshot Showcase similar to Game Develpoment's?
        __________________
          #930    
        Old June 21st, 2011 (6:32 AM). Edited June 21st, 2011 by Logan.
        Logan's Avatar
        Logan Logan is offline
        • Discord Moderoid
        • Platinum Tier
         
        Join Date: Nov 2008
        Location: Salisbury, England
        Age: 22
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Sassy
        Posts: 10,019
        Nope. Christos and I thought about it ages ago but decided to put it in this thread's purposes as well. Besides, just read the first post:

        Quote:
        This thread can also be used as a screenshot showcase, for people who don't have a thread for their hacks.
        Another point I'd like to make is why does this section need ANOTHER stickied thread? It already has an astronomical number of them.
        __________________
        Wait, I saw bare kicks, saw bare clothes
        Said psyduck that, I can't wear those
        I don't like them, they're not my ting
        They went silent, they're all weirdos
          #931    
        Old June 21st, 2011 (12:51 PM).
        Vrai's Avatar
        Vrai Vrai is offline
        can you feel my heart?
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Jun 2008
        Age: 23
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Adamant
        Posts: 2,893
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by ThaReaper01 View Post
        One of these been released yet?
        No. A hack like that (with one of the GBA games) would require extensively messing with the game's core programming (especially since you'd have to go over literally every move and give it another variable that determines whether it's physical or special) and then you'd have to modify whatever reads the physical-special thing to go over and look for that new variable rather than going off of type. Either that, or you'd have to re-plot one of the DS games, lol.

        I'm pretty solid on this but someone can come by and correct me if I'm wrong. :)
        __________________
          #932    
        Old June 21st, 2011 (1:15 PM).
        Banjora Marxvile's Avatar
        Banjora Marxvile Banjora Marxvile is offline
        hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
           
          Join Date: May 2008
          Age: 23
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Bashful
          Posts: 3,487
          I'm sure there was a physical/special split for GBA games in the Research and Development threads. Search there, but it does have... Issues.

          Just thought I'd throw this in here. People know of my latest sort of conquest, so... I just need some opinions on this idea of a titlescreen.

          With some of the stars being like Ruby's animated titlescreen, in that they go upwards.

          Also, just wondering, which ROM do people prefer when it comes to inserting titlescreens and why?
          __________________


          Temmie vibrates intensely.

          awwAwa cute!! (pets u)

          OMG!! humans TOO CUTE (dies)

          can't blame a BARK for tryin'...

          RATED TEM OUTTA TEM.

            #933    
          Old June 21st, 2011 (2:56 PM).
          Logan's Avatar
          Logan Logan is offline
          • Discord Moderoid
          • Platinum Tier
           
          Join Date: Nov 2008
          Location: Salisbury, England
          Age: 22
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Sassy
          Posts: 10,019
          FireRed. I know most of the offsets off by heart and can do a good one in like less than five minutes.
          __________________
          Wait, I saw bare kicks, saw bare clothes
          Said psyduck that, I can't wear those
          I don't like them, they're not my ting
          They went silent, they're all weirdos
            #934    
          Old June 25th, 2011 (1:54 PM).
          LightningStrike LightningStrike is offline
          Banned
             
            Join Date: Jun 2011
            Location: Hiding from Pikachu
            Age: 22
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Impish
            Posts: 33
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Manipulation View Post
            FireRed. I know most of the offsets off by heart and can do a good one in like less than five minutes.
            That's impressive. I suck at titlescreening. All my attempts usually result in just screwing up the titlescreen, even if I try to do exactly what the instructions say.
              #935    
            Old July 4th, 2011 (7:31 AM).
            Spherical Ice's Avatar
            Spherical Ice Spherical Ice is offline
            • Moderator
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: Nov 2007
            Location: Bristol, UK
            Age: 19
            Posts: 5,180
            In response to someone saying that RH has far too many stickied threads, perhaps once these threads are saturated, the Simple Questions and Script Help thread could be merged and make the "ROM Hacking Help Thread" or something? Also, isn't "An Introduction to the ROM Hacking Forum" and "About the ROM Hacking forum / Rules" essentially the same thing? If so, I don't see why they couldn't be merged, either.
            __________________

            A Pokemon that is discriminated!
            Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
              #936    
            Old July 4th, 2011 (9:57 AM).
            Incineroar's Avatar
            Incineroar Incineroar is online now
            the spirit of the fighter
            • Moderator
            • Platinum Tier
            • Developer
             
            Join Date: May 2009
            Location: Iki Town
            Age: 22
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Brave
            Posts: 13,434
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
            In response to someone saying that RH has far too many stickied threads, perhaps once these threads are saturated, the Simple Questions and Script Help thread could be merged and make the "ROM Hacking Help Thread" or something? Also, isn't "An Introduction to the ROM Hacking Forum" and "About the ROM Hacking forum / Rules" essentially the same thing? If so, I don't see why they couldn't be merged, either.
            I agree that there are too many stickies, but I wouldn't be too sure as to how to merge them.

            In other words, if you know a lot about GBA and it's programming, you might find something useful. Google the term "AGB Programming Manual." I can't link to it, sadly.
            __________________
              #937    
            Old July 4th, 2011 (10:21 AM).
            colcolstyles's Avatar
            colcolstyles colcolstyles is offline
            Yours truly
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: May 2008
            Location: The Bay Area
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Lonely
            Posts: 1,584
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
            In response to someone saying that RH has far too many stickied threads, perhaps once these threads are saturated, the Simple Questions and Script Help thread could be merged and make the "ROM Hacking Help Thread" or something? Also, isn't "An Introduction to the ROM Hacking Forum" and "About the ROM Hacking forum / Rules" essentially the same thing? If so, I don't see why they couldn't be merged, either.
            I'd rather not merge the Simple Questions and Script Help threads because they both get sufficient traffic for them to have separate threads. The closed stickies are another issue, though.
            __________________

            Brother of Vrai
              #938    
            Old July 4th, 2011 (2:20 PM).
            RHIOneAlbum RHIOneAlbum is offline
            Banned
               
              Join Date: Jun 2011
              Location: Dark Maroon City
              Nature: Serious
              Posts: 214
              There are not too many stickies. I find it fine, they are all conversations that deserve to be stickies, because if they weren't then they wouldn't fit at all.
                #939    
              Old July 5th, 2011 (9:34 AM).
              Platinum Lucario's Avatar
              Platinum Lucario Platinum Lucario is offline
              The Legendary Master of Light!
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Jan 2008
              Location: Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia.
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Calm
              Posts: 1,561
              Anyways, back to discussing of ROM hacking (seeing as it's kinda getting off the topic xD). I've been thinking about maybe creating a Gold and Silver remakes as two seperate ROMs of the same, I know there's alot of them however I'm also thinking about the things that GameFreak didn't put into HeartGold and SoulSilver (eg. the movable furniture in your room in New Bark Town), prahaps finding out ways of trying to move the images that display on the textbox that displays the town name/landmark from Emerald to a FireRed ROM. But then again, I could just continue on with my Emerald ROM hack, yet I'm progressing with my custom tiles very slowly (and I wonder how much longer that will take? 2 or 3 years?). Well there's rush in doing it anyways, as the research with the GBA improves, so to does the NDS research improve. Once I'm done with my Emerald hack, then possibly I could end up creating a hack of HeartGold (as a sequel to my Emerald hack), then after that... maybe another HeartGold hack as being the same storyline as HeartGold/SoulSilver with alot more edits in it to bring in the features that were missing in HeartGold/SoulSilver that existed in Gold/Silver/Crystal.
              __________________
              [Platinum Lucario's Signature]
              If you need to disable my signature, please give me some advice on how to improve the CSS-DIV code. Thanks!
              Signature Status: Strikes: 1/3 | Infractions: 0/3
              It's time to change the future...
              to a positive direction!

              Let's prevent things from getting bad!

              I'm a ROM and ISO Researcher
              Current Project: Researching Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Adventure Squad games (WiiWare)
                #940    
              Old July 5th, 2011 (9:44 AM).
              RHIOneAlbum RHIOneAlbum is offline
              Banned
                 
                Join Date: Jun 2011
                Location: Dark Maroon City
                Nature: Serious
                Posts: 214
                I like the idea of a two pack, and NDS hacking has been under construction since 2008, who perfects it first out of giant PC, PHO, TPW, and those small communities like M3I and Skeetendo, I'll be waiting to see. But PC seems to be coming along pretty far!

                I'll be glad to help and innovate the new generation, I believe that 2011 is the NDS 2003 of GBA hacking, and 2012 will be the 2005 of GBA hacking, this mean well have a Elitemap equivalent for DPPtHGSS. What do you think?
                  #941    
                Old July 5th, 2011 (11:10 AM).
                Sawakita's Avatar
                Sawakita Sawakita is offline
                Not Invented Here
                   
                  Join Date: May 2010
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 180
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
                  I've been thinking about maybe creating a Gold and Silver remakes
                  No more GSC remakes, please. Thanks.
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by RHIOneAlbum View Post
                  I'll be glad to help and innovate the new generation, I believe that 2011 is the NDS 2003 of GBA hacking, and 2012 will be the 2005 of GBA hacking, this mean we'll have a Elitemap equivalent for DPPtHGSS. What do you think?
                  I doubt it will, considering how the whole community relies on the work of single persons, instead of contributing with some concrete work. And I'm not talking about "oh yeah, good project, keep it up, we all support you" or "hey, you should add this or that feature". I'm talking about real work either in programming or in researching and hacking (real meaning of this word) the NDS games' formats and structures.
                  __________________



                  | 1st Gen Hacking: Useful Links | A good example of REAL ROM Hacking |
                    #942    
                  Old July 5th, 2011 (11:13 AM).
                  RHIOneAlbum RHIOneAlbum is offline
                  Banned
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2011
                    Location: Dark Maroon City
                    Nature: Serious
                    Posts: 214
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Sawakita View Post

                    No more GSC remakes, please. Thanks.

                    I doubt it will, considering how the whole community relies on the work of single persons, instead of contributing with some concrete work. And I'm not talking about "oh yeah, good project, keep it up, we all support you" or "hey, you should add this or that feature". I'm talking about real work either in programming or in researching and hacking (real meaning of this word) the NDS games' formats and structures.
                    Ive stated before that PC is full of rom Modders, but the real hackers like Team RHI, Manipulation, HackMew, Mewthree9000, Lu Ho, Miksy, etc. Try to get the Modders to advance slowly. When my RHITwo training thread is approved I'm going to try to teach hacking.
                      #943    
                    Old July 5th, 2011 (11:19 AM).
                    Incineroar's Avatar
                    Incineroar Incineroar is online now
                    the spirit of the fighter
                    • Moderator
                    • Platinum Tier
                    • Developer
                     
                    Join Date: May 2009
                    Location: Iki Town
                    Age: 22
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Brave
                    Posts: 13,434
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by RHIOneAlbum View Post
                    I like the idea of a two pack, and NDS hacking has been under construction since 2008, who perfects it first out of giant PC, PHO, TPW, and those small communities like M3I and Skeetendo, I'll be waiting to see. But PC seems to be coming along pretty far!

                    I'll be glad to help and innovate the new generation, I believe that 2011 is the NDS 2003 of GBA hacking, and 2012 will be the 2005 of GBA hacking, this mean well have a Elitemap equivalent for DPPtHGSS. What do you think?
                    Well, IIRC, M3I is gone. I think. And PHO is returning on Wednesday.

                    But anyways, I hope to see more people here get into DS hacking. It's not as hard as it seems. It just takes some practice. Just like it did when I tried music hacking. And I took the time to write out my amazing tutorial on it here on PC.
                    __________________
                      #944    
                    Old July 5th, 2011 (11:24 AM).
                    RHIOneAlbum RHIOneAlbum is offline
                    Banned
                       
                      Join Date: Jun 2011
                      Location: Dark Maroon City
                      Nature: Serious
                      Posts: 214
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post


                      Well, IIRC, M3I is gone. I think. And PHO is returning on Wednesday.

                      But anyways, I hope to see more people here get into DS hacking. It's not as hard as it seems. It just takes some practice. Just like it did when I tried music hacking. And I took the time to write out my amazing tutorial on it here on PC.
                      Id love if people migrate to DS hacking :D
                      And M3I is now a private group on Facebook, and MSN. But yea it's basically dead. PHO is down? I need to start paying attention more lol, I've spent all my time on PC lately
                      And your tut was good, one of the best on here, you should make more.
                        #945    
                      Old July 5th, 2011 (11:28 AM).
                      Incineroar's Avatar
                      Incineroar Incineroar is online now
                      the spirit of the fighter
                      • Moderator
                      • Platinum Tier
                      • Developer
                       
                      Join Date: May 2009
                      Location: Iki Town
                      Age: 22
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Brave
                      Posts: 13,434
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by RHIOneAlbum View Post


                      Id love if people migrate to DS hacking :D
                      And M3I is now a private group on Facebook, and MSN. But yea it's basically dead. PHO is down? I need to start paying attention more lol, I've spent all my time on PC lately :P
                      And your tut was good, one of the best on here, you should make more.
                      Haha, yeah. I agree. Also, PHO has a new address, but I can't link to it, but it's returning on Wednesday. And thanks. I might make some more, but I need to see what else I can do. All I'm decent at is music atm. Ooh, I should find M3I on Facebook.
                      Attached Images
                      File Type: jpg pho.jpg‎ (146.5 KB, 12 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                      __________________
                        #946    
                      Old July 5th, 2011 (11:31 AM).
                      RHIOneAlbum RHIOneAlbum is offline
                      Banned
                         
                        Join Date: Jun 2011
                        Location: Dark Maroon City
                        Nature: Serious
                        Posts: 214
                        Pretty sweet, and I can't link you, but it's ChaosBlack on FB. Matthew Tippet is the admin of it-

                        And that's an amazing new layout that Black Charizard did there.
                          #947    
                        Old July 5th, 2011 (11:36 AM).
                        Incineroar's Avatar
                        Incineroar Incineroar is online now
                        the spirit of the fighter
                        • Moderator
                        • Platinum Tier
                        • Developer
                         
                        Join Date: May 2009
                        Location: Iki Town
                        Age: 22
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Brave
                        Posts: 13,434
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by RHIOneAlbum View Post
                        Pretty sweet, and I can't link you, but it's ChaosBlack on FB. Matthew Tippet is the admin of it-

                        And that's an amazing new layout that Black Charizard did there.
                        Yeah, it is. And I'm trying to find that group. I hate Facebook sometimes.
                        __________________
                          #948    
                        Old July 5th, 2011 (11:38 AM).
                        RHIOneAlbum RHIOneAlbum is offline
                        Banned
                           
                          Join Date: Jun 2011
                          Location: Dark Maroon City
                          Nature: Serious
                          Posts: 214
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post


                          Yeah, it is. And I'm trying to find that group. I hate Facebook sometimes.
                          Won't Google+ make everything better? Haha, i was invited to the group so idk how hard it is to find. It's compound word ChaosBlack iirc.


                          On topic lol: what do you think of Chaos Black and Quartz being pirated?
                            #949    
                          Old July 5th, 2011 (11:40 AM).
                          Incineroar's Avatar
                          Incineroar Incineroar is online now
                          the spirit of the fighter
                          • Moderator
                          • Platinum Tier
                          • Developer
                           
                          Join Date: May 2009
                          Location: Iki Town
                          Age: 22
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Brave
                          Posts: 13,434
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by RHIOneAlbum View Post


                          Won't Google+ make everything better? Haha, i was invited to the group so idk how hard it is to find. It's compound word ChaosBlack iirc.
                          I know. xD Someone will have to invite me. ChaosBlack and Groups yield no results. I think that's why it's private.

                          And, I think I know what my next tutorial will be. I asked Giradialkia about it earlier, and I got the go-ahead, so I'm going to make a tutorial on dumping your own games. I'm going to explain DS, GBA and Wii, because I know how to do the three.

                          And about the two games being pirated, it's stupid. Some copies are burned to game cards and sold. It's ridiculous. Now, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl are getting bootleg copies too.
                          __________________
                            #950    
                          Old July 5th, 2011 (11:42 AM). Edited July 5th, 2011 by RHIOneAlbum.
                          RHIOneAlbum RHIOneAlbum is offline
                          Banned
                             
                            Join Date: Jun 2011
                            Location: Dark Maroon City
                            Nature: Serious
                            Posts: 214
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post


                            I know. xD Someone will have to invite me. ChaosBlack and Groups yield no results. I think that's why it's private.

                            And, I think I know what my next tutorial will be. I asked Giradialkia about it earlier, and I got the go-ahead, so I'm going to make a tutorial on dumping your own games. I'm going to explain DS, GBA and Wii, because I know how to do the three.
                            Wii will be interesting, one of my close friends had the idea of hacking MPR. And I've been working on Rumble as a promo for RHIOne.


                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post


                            And about the two games being pirated, it's stupid. Some copies are burned to game cards and sold. It's ridiculous. Now, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl are getting bootleg copies too.
                            Just wait till our hacks come out for DS, pirate galore, lol. Once the maps are hacked, it's all over.
                            Closed Thread
                            Quick Reply

                            Sponsored Links
                            Thread Tools

                            Posting Rules
                            You may not post new threads
                            You may not post replies
                            You may not post attachments
                            You may not edit your posts

                            BB code is On
                            Smilies are On
                            [IMG] code is On
                            HTML code is Off

                            Forum Jump


                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:37 AM.