• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Ruein Expedition

yivx

Johto ftw <33;
Years
Pokemon_RE-bannercopy.png

0_an.png

July 23rd, 2009

Woot! :D I can finally post my fanfic I'm working on! :3 I'm new here, and I love writing! Absolutely LOVE it! >:3

And yes, this story is a bit of an adventure story (which doesn't seem too liked around here? D: ) but I urge you to give it a CHANCEY! Hahahahahahsjakhasdhasd...:l Okay lame pun time is over. I'll probably post the first chapter later tonight. I have a dentist appointment later today so D:

Enjoy the Prologue though! :D

-zach

1_syn.png

The Ruein Region - a region shrouded in mystery and riddled with many ruins. Only a small portion of them have been discovered and excaveted, but what has been discovered has opened the eyes of many professors and archaeologists when it comes to the history and evolution of Pokémon.

Noah Maple is the son of the prominent archaelogist and Ruein Pokémon expert, Professor Gardiner Maple. With no interest in journeying or excavating, he continues his days with drawing and video games. When he discovers his fathers journal, along with some other uniquely amazing artifacts from his early days of excavating, his curiousity peeks as he wishes to uncover his own discoveries. When his newfound dream of ruin excavation is shot down, he masks his journey behind another one, covering his discoveries with the all-popular Pokémon journey.

3_char.png

[Images coming soon! :3]

2_cha.png

11_prol.png

[ 0 ]

12_nla.png

[ 1 ]

yivx

Johto ftw <33;
Years
11_prol.png

September 22nd, Ichu Ruins

My colleagues and I had stepped once again into the eerie depths of the Ichu Ruins. The ruins were akeen to those we excavated in Johto. Each sandstone wall was covered in markings that symbolized Unown. Not alike the Ruins of Alph, were several carvings of people sitting on thrones, sitting beside what appeared to be a duck with a dent in its head. Much like a kappa, as one of my colleagues pointed out to me. I should really give credit where credit is due; as I truly cannot say this person is merely a colleague, but an old friend and renouned expert on Pokemon, none other than Samuel Oak, Professor of the Kanto region.

As we descended deeper and deeper, I felt an odd presense. Not like that of a Gastly or a Haunter, as if someone inside these ruins didn't want us here. The small whines of Unown came from within the walls, several phasing between the walls of this otherwise narrow hallway. Another colleague of mine by the name of Todd assisted in logging many of the Unown's activities, along with the ruin walls, by means of photography.

After another few meters of walking in that hall, we came to a room with four pillars, placed as if they were supporting the room. The Unown came and went through the walls, unaffected by our presense in the ruins. Oak was keen enough to pose the possibility of a disturbance within the ruins. I held the lantern I had in my hand up, the light pierced quickly through the darkness, revealing a lower, fifth pillar placed in the middle of the other pillars. I rushed ahead with excitement, adrenaline racing through my veins. I rushed up to see what appeared to be the figure of a bird carved from limestone, moss leaving only small open gaps of bare limestone as it trailed off onto the pillar. I ran my hand along it, the moss tickling the palms of my hands. Oak and Todd backed off slowly, my questioning glance posed Professor Oak to point behind me.

I swiftly turned around. What I believed to be a statue was in fact a Pokemon, and it was at that moment I regretted the expedition of the Ichu Ruins. The Pokemon, retaining all the qualities of the statue, opened its eyes quickly, a beautiful shade of blue glowed from them. My immediate regret faded away as my curiousity peeked. The Pokemon spread its wings, its wings spanning to the walls on either side of it. My amazement continued rising and rising as it stood up, no bigger than the height of my shin. For such a small Pokemon, it had an amazing wingspan.

It was then when I noticed Professor Oak and Todd had evacuated the ruins, and it was just me alone, face-to-face with an undocumented, previously undiscovered Pokemon. As it let out a blood-curdling caw, I ducked. The entire chamber became overcome with a great breeze as the Pokemon flew right out of the ruins. I collected myself as the wind died, and I noticed on the ruin floor in front of me lay a moss-covered feather. I placed it in my bag and stood up, noticing an eerie blue glow on the back of my hand as I began to walk away. I turned and noticed what appeared to be an egg. The blue glow soon subsided as moss quickly covered it, revealing the shape of an egg. I walked up quickly as the Unown detected me one by one, putting it in my bag and running out of the ruins.

As I now sit here against the entrance, my colleague's begin tell me they didn't see anything fly out of the ruins. I accept their theory of a possible hypnosis, not succumbing to proving myself right. I'm laughing inside as I write this.

With the egg and the feather in my bag, I repeat to myself: It was my discovery.

Not Oak's.

Not Todd's.

But mine.

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
Years
It was good, if slightly short, but there was no speech. Unless, if it was a diary entry then exceptions could be made, but it was still lacking in speech. Otherwise, it was good. Keep going, but try adding some speech and some more length ^^.

yivx

Johto ftw <33;
Years
@evertime: Thanks :) I plan to :3

@Ditto-Jelly: Yeah, it was a journal entry actually. :3 But I'll keep those tips in mind. Thank you! :D

NOTE: Chapter 1 will be released on Monday. :3

Back