Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central | Pokkén

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #7526    
Old June 13th, 2006 (2:48 PM).
tyranisneasel's Avatar
tyranisneasel tyranisneasel is offline
Crazy Dark Master
     
    Join Date: May 2006
    Location: RUN KIRBY! (>o.o)> (>o.o)>
    Age: 24
    Gender:
    Nature: Bold
    Posts: 323
    Sheesh! I can't get any more new pokemon from FR, and the eggs take sooooo long to hatch. Anyway, I forgot to *DO THE SHINY DANCE*!!!(For shiny Lati)
    __________________
    A proud member of the SHC:
    With a billion thanks to MetalMario for the awesome card!
    Also a proud member of the Umbreon Fan Club:
    Seth's PokePet

    Milo the level 68 Milotic!
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #7527    
    Old June 13th, 2006 (3:40 PM).
    It's Just Fufu's Avatar
    It's Just Fufu It's Just Fufu is offline
    Nostalgia is powerful.
       
      Join Date: May 2006
      Location: The Ghetto (Shinies are here!)
      Age: 23
      Nature: Hasty
      Posts: 1,496
      Okay, I am pretty close at the part where I beat the e4 in my search for a shiny Latios on Ruby. Just to be sure, do I save right before I watch the TV?
      __________________
      I LOVE SHINY POKEMON!



      Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

      Reply With Quote
        #7528    
      Old June 13th, 2006 (4:56 PM).
      Agent9's Avatar
      Agent9 Agent9 is offline
      You could care less....
         
        Join Date: Jun 2005
        Location: Harsh landscape, where the Charizard roars.
        Gender:
        Nature: Brave
        Posts: 1,619
        No you save after you see the tv. Then you search for it. If it isn't shiny, you turn the game off and find it again til it is shiny.

        Oh and I've been here precicely one year.
        Reply With Quote
          #7529    
        Old June 13th, 2006 (5:03 PM).
        shido's Avatar
        shido shido is offline
        Blood Sucker
           
          Join Date: Nov 2005
          Location: In the Office
          Gender:
          Nature: Adamant
          Posts: 485
          is that true? i thought their shinness was predetermined when u start the game or is that only the dogs in lg /fr ?
          __________________
          PC FAMILY
          Pair 4 LIFE - Demoonica Darkmoon
          Pokémom - Akidatheart

          SHINIES ~ TOTAL 27 - Caught in 3rd Gen 25 Latest Treecko - Caught in DP 2 Latest pelipper
          Spoiler:
          Shiny Card Created by the lovely Lady Darkmoon
          Reply With Quote
            #7530    
          Old June 13th, 2006 (5:06 PM).
          Shiny Shuckle's Avatar
          Shiny Shuckle Shiny Shuckle is offline
          Shiny Hunter
             
            Join Date: Feb 2005
            Gender:
            Nature: Bold
            Posts: 113
            i am in the silph co thing and my last post it was the 7th gym not 8th

            FR update
            sliph co tower
            __________________


            shinys obtained on GTS:
            thanks to Metal Mario for the SHC card
            Reply With Quote
              #7531    
            Old June 13th, 2006 (5:50 PM). Edited June 13th, 2006 by Akidatheart.
            Akidatheart's Avatar
            Akidatheart Akidatheart is offline
            Pokémom
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: Apr 2005
            Location: Alabama
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Quiet
            Posts: 141
            Send a message via ICQ to Akidatheart Send a message via AIM to Akidatheart Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akidatheart Send a message via Yahoo to Akidatheart
            Finally!! Shiny Latios is mine! You would not believe the effort that went into catching it. First I false swiped it in about 3 encounters till it was down to one hp. Then I encountered it with my Crobat and used mean look.. kept throwing various pokeballs and healing.. then it used struggle or something like that and I had to turn off and start looking again because it fainted... so I decided to get my Minun and paralyze it.. had to swap it over from another game and with it an extra luxury ball.. got all my luxury balls into this game, 6 of them actually.. not really thinking I would be able to catch it with them.. encountered Latios and paralyzed it, it fled.. then encountered it again and threw 3 luxury balls and the third one caught it!!! (was just lucky as heck it didn't use refresh!) Thanks to both Ryan and metal sonic for the tips, it really did help me to encounter Latios easier. I guess you all know I will have to try to get shiny Latias now.. (I bought an Eon ticket from ebay ages ago) I dread all the resets but Latios needs Latias to be shiny too..(for company!)
            EDIT- what the heck is struggle anyway? It isn't a move that Latios has...
            __________________
            My PC Family
            Pokéson - Shido


            I'm a member of the Shiny Hunters Club

            Do the Shiny Dance!
            Reply With Quote
              #7532    
            Old June 13th, 2006 (5:54 PM).
            Yuscrecio's Avatar
            Yuscrecio Yuscrecio is offline
            Fellow Sista'
               
              Join Date: Jun 2006
              Location: Connecticut
              Age: 24
              Gender:
              Nature: Adamant
              Posts: 103
              Send a message via AIM to Yuscrecio
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by shido
              Yuscrecio u got the typhlosion from col right? how many tries did it take ?
              Well, from Col. it took me many tries. I didn't keep exact count, but somewhere in the 50's. I only kept track of tens, I did this in one week, after school. XD

              Does MetalMario do the SHC cards? ^____^
              __________________

              ^Currently Searching for^

              Thanks soo much MM!
              Shiny Hunters Club
              ~*~* 2 Shinies Caught to Date *~*~


              Wow.... *cricket*

              Friends: 96385, Tha Pkmn Prodigy, Rioku_Zanketa, Miss Pika, Akidatheart, Drew
              PM me to be buddies
              Reply With Quote
                #7533    
              Old June 13th, 2006 (6:23 PM).
              King Kobra's Avatar
              King Kobra King Kobra is offline
              Shiny Giratina pwns you
                 
                Join Date: May 2006
                Location: THIS IS CAKETOWN!!!
                Age: 25
                Gender:
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 153
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Akidatheart
                EDIT- what the heck is struggle anyway? It isn't a move that Latios has...
                Struggle is a move that every pokemon has when they run out of PP for all moves.

                Anyways, didn't bring my Advanced to Disneyland, I wouldn't have played it anyway...

                Still no luck with Treecko, and speaking of Treecko... Can SOMEBODY please not search for Treecko, I think (if I'm right) 4-5 people started searching for it the day I announced I was, and all after my post! It's not that I don't want you people to have it, it's just that I wanted to be the first (or whatever) to get it and if a buncha other people are hunting it it kinda puts out the fun of catching it...



                <I>Kobra<I>
                __________________
                ^Current Shinies I'm hunting^
                Member of the Shiny Hunters Club!
                Claimed: Jordan ~ Buckethead
                Reply With Quote
                  #7534    
                Old June 13th, 2006 (6:52 PM).
                It's Just Fufu's Avatar
                It's Just Fufu It's Just Fufu is offline
                Nostalgia is powerful.
                   
                  Join Date: May 2006
                  Location: The Ghetto (Shinies are here!)
                  Age: 23
                  Nature: Hasty
                  Posts: 1,496
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Akidatheart
                  Finally!! Shiny Latios is mine! You would not believe the effort that went into catching it. First I false swiped it in about 3 encounters till it was down to one hp. Then I encountered it with my Crobat and used mean look.. kept throwing various pokeballs and healing.. then it used struggle or something like that and I had to turn off and start looking again because it fainted... so I decided to get my Minun and paralyze it.. had to swap it over from another game and with it an extra luxury ball.. got all my luxury balls into this game, 6 of them actually.. not really thinking I would be able to catch it with them.. encountered Latios and paralyzed it, it fled.. then encountered it again and threw 3 luxury balls and the third one caught it!!! (was just lucky as heck it didn't use refresh!) Thanks to both Ryan and metal sonic for the tips, it really did help me to encounter Latios easier. I guess you all know I will have to try to get shiny Latias now.. (I bought an Eon ticket from ebay ages ago) I dread all the resets but Latios needs Latias to be shiny too..(for company!)
                  EDIT- what the heck is struggle anyway? It isn't a move that Latios has...
                  How much did u pay for the Eon Ticket? I had one, but i lost it...
                  __________________
                  I LOVE SHINY POKEMON!



                  Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

                  Reply With Quote
                    #7535    
                  Old June 13th, 2006 (7:57 PM). Edited June 13th, 2006 by Akidatheart.
                  Akidatheart's Avatar
                  Akidatheart Akidatheart is offline
                  Pokémom
                  • Silver Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2005
                  Location: Alabama
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Quiet
                  Posts: 141
                  Send a message via ICQ to Akidatheart Send a message via AIM to Akidatheart Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akidatheart Send a message via Yahoo to Akidatheart
                  I don't remember exactly how much I paid for my eon ticket.. around 10 dollars I think. It was when they first came out so it has been a while. Back on topic.. I have been searching for a shiny torchic (resetting in ruby) for ages.. I think I know why I have had no luck.. Even though it has been a year since I decided I wanted a shiny torchic, I have probably only spent 10 or so hours total resetting. (more than that, but not nearly enough) I'm going to reset all day tomorrow while I watch tv.. and the next day and the.... you get the idea. Shiny Torchic will be mine!! Mbwahahaha :D
                  __________________
                  My PC Family
                  Pokéson - Shido


                  I'm a member of the Shiny Hunters Club

                  Do the Shiny Dance!
                  Reply With Quote
                    #7536    
                  Old June 13th, 2006 (9:16 PM). Edited June 14th, 2006 by ryan.
                  ryan's Avatar
                  ryan ryan is offline
                     
                    Join Date: May 2004
                    Age: 29
                    Gender:
                    Posts: 2,774
                    Send a message via AIM to ryan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ryan Send a message via Yahoo to ryan
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Yuscrecio
                    Well, from Col. it took me many tries. I didn't keep exact count, but somewhere in the 50's. I only kept track of tens, I did this in one week, after school. XD

                    Does MetalMario do the SHC cards? ^____^
                    Yes - he does and I used to and I might start it up again if I ever start communicating with him... >.>

                    Congratulations on securing the Latios! That is spectacular, I'm very happy for you!

                    I don't know for sure, but I think that's a new shiny? What the heck - I'll do it even if it's not a new shiny *does the new shiny dance*

                    *Hunts the Tauros'*

                    Edit: I was in a dorky mood so I decided to whip out a quick SHC AIM buddy icon

                    Feel free to use it if you want to.

                    I need to get to bed now - bye for now.

                    Edit 2: It's too fast (.1 frame per second) for me to set it at transparant background - it'll glitch if you try to use it on AIM.
                    You could use this toned down one if you want to - it has a gray BG similar to the BG color of AIM boxes.
                    __________________
                    Reply With Quote
                      #7537    
                    Old June 14th, 2006 (2:21 AM).
                    Yuscrecio's Avatar
                    Yuscrecio Yuscrecio is offline
                    Fellow Sista'
                       
                      Join Date: Jun 2006
                      Location: Connecticut
                      Age: 24
                      Gender:
                      Nature: Adamant
                      Posts: 103
                      Send a message via AIM to Yuscrecio
                      Oh, ok. I put in a request for a SHC card.

                      Ooops... sorry about that KK, I didn't know someone was already hunting Treeko, I'll look for another then.

                      Well, I'm very happy right now! I have gotten A SHINY GENGAR!! I had a Ghastly in Col. and then evolved it into a Haunter. My mom told me to put my games away, and right when I traded it to my Ruby version, it was shiny, and then I traded it to my other ruby and back to get a shiny Gengar!! I'M SOOO HAPPY! ^___^

                      Ummm... do we only put the last evolution stage of the Pokemon on the SHC? I think it would be pointless to put all the stages, takes up too much space. Am I right, or how does that work?
                      __________________

                      ^Currently Searching for^

                      Thanks soo much MM!
                      Shiny Hunters Club
                      ~*~* 2 Shinies Caught to Date *~*~


                      Wow.... *cricket*

                      Friends: 96385, Tha Pkmn Prodigy, Rioku_Zanketa, Miss Pika, Akidatheart, Drew
                      PM me to be buddies
                      Reply With Quote
                        #7538    
                      Old June 14th, 2006 (3:17 AM).
                      The True Keyblade Master's Avatar
                      The True Keyblade Master The True Keyblade Master is offline
                      The True Keyblade Master
                         
                        Join Date: May 2005
                        Location: In my bedroom
                        Gender:
                        Nature: Relaxed
                        Posts: 71
                        Kim congratuulations on that spectacular catch,lol i have 9 eon tickets my cuzin gave oen to his poekmon i tardd it for the pokemno and it multiplied up to 9 lol ad i ahve saph so im soft reseting for latios...yay
                        __________________
                        Very Proud Member of the shiny hunters club--currently searching for
                        , , and



                        ^MY CARD OF SHINES TY M.M.


                        Reply With Quote
                          #7539    
                        Old June 14th, 2006 (3:36 AM).
                        Papa Schwabs's Avatar
                        Papa Schwabs Papa Schwabs is offline
                        Purple is Pimp!
                        • Crystal Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2005
                        Location: Massachusetts
                        Age: 27
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Adamant
                        Posts: 1,330
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by ryan
                        Yes - he does and I used to and I might start it up again if I ever start communicating with him... >.>

                        Congratulations on securing the Latios! That is spectacular, I'm very happy for you!

                        I don't know for sure, but I think that's a new shiny? What the heck - I'll do it even if it's not a new shiny *does the new shiny dance*

                        *Hunts the Tauros'*

                        Edit: I was in a dorky mood so I decided to whip out a quick SHC AIM buddy icon

                        Feel free to use it if you want to.

                        I need to get to bed now - bye for now.

                        Edit 2: It's too fast (.1 frame per second) for me to set it at transparant background - it'll glitch if you try to use it on AIM.
                        You could use this toned down one if you want to - it has a gray BG similar to the BG color of AIM boxes.
                        yay, and for some reason, i always felt the carlton dance was the new shiny dance, i mean i do it when people catch shinys
                        __________________
                        Sig is being reworked.
                        Reply With Quote
                          #7540    
                        Old June 14th, 2006 (5:47 AM). Edited June 14th, 2006 by Tha Pkmn Prodigy.
                        Tha Pkmn Prodigy Tha Pkmn Prodigy is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Jun 2006
                          Gender:
                          Nature: Hasty
                          Posts: 898
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Akidatheart
                          I don't remember exactly how much I paid for my eon ticket.. around 10 dollars I think. It was when they first came out so it has been a while. Back on topic.. I have been searching for a shiny torchic (resetting in ruby) for ages.. I think I know why I have had no luck.. Even though it has been a year since I decided I wanted a shiny torchic, I have probably only spent 10 or so hours total resetting. (more than that, but not nearly enough) I'm going to reset all day tomorrow while I watch tv.. and the next day and the.... you get the idea. Shiny Torchic will be mine!! Mbwahahaha :D
                          yeah, i know what you mean.....i was up all until 1:30 in the morning for the past three days in the devon company building resetting my ruby version so that fossil guy can give my shiny anorith......still no luck (im actually looking for it at this moment) but im never giving up because i want shiny armaldo sooo bad! i think after i find shiny anorith, ill prob. look for shiny whismur or solrock....i dont know yet...
                          Reply With Quote
                            #7541    
                          Old June 14th, 2006 (7:44 AM).
                          Yami_Zidane's Avatar
                          Yami_Zidane Yami_Zidane is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Apr 2005
                            Location: UK
                            Age: 28
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Impish
                            Posts: 1,130
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Yuscrecio
                            Well, I'm very happy right now! I have gotten A SHINY GENGAR!! I had a Ghastly in Col. and then evolved it into a Haunter. My mom told me to put my games away, and right when I traded it to my Ruby version, it was shiny, and then I traded it to my other ruby and back to get a shiny Gengar!! I'M SOOO HAPPY! ^___^
                            So then you got a Gastly from Colosseum yes? well i've been doing my research and you can't catch Gastly or its evolutions in Colosseum or XD:Gale Of Darkness. And even if you did trade your "Shiny Haunter" to you ruby it would have evolved so there would be no need to trade it again, it seems you have told a lie to us here at the SHC, so i will allow you to come clean and explain yourself or you may risk expultion from the club.

                            Sorry to be so harsh about this but we have to try and trust everyone and as a Co-Owner i try to look into everyones claims to see if there truthfull. You don't need to lie to us, its the fun of finding shinys over how many you have.

                            So moving on from that sour note, Congrats to Kim! your very lucky.. i envy you .__.

                            And i finally hatched my Modest Squirtle so i'll be EV training that from now on firstly in HP so i'll battling Caterpie's and Grimer's, i would be rather happy with a shiny Muk they look rather cool so i would'nt mind owning it, so if one pops up i'll be sure to snag it =D
                            __________________
                            Reply With Quote
                              #7542    
                            Old June 14th, 2006 (8:02 AM).
                            Tha Pkmn Prodigy Tha Pkmn Prodigy is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Jun 2006
                              Gender:
                              Nature: Hasty
                              Posts: 898
                              so you want shiny muk eh, yami? i agree, they do look pretty cool but they would have looked better if the color was red or grey _^
                              Reply With Quote
                                #7543    
                              Old June 14th, 2006 (8:07 AM).
                              It's Just Fufu's Avatar
                              It's Just Fufu It's Just Fufu is offline
                              Nostalgia is powerful.
                                 
                                Join Date: May 2006
                                Location: The Ghetto (Shinies are here!)
                                Age: 23
                                Nature: Hasty
                                Posts: 1,496
                                Still hunting for charmander... It is officially my two month anniversary for hunting for him today...
                                __________________
                                I LOVE SHINY POKEMON!



                                Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

                                Reply With Quote
                                  #7544    
                                Old June 14th, 2006 (8:36 AM).
                                Tha Pkmn Prodigy Tha Pkmn Prodigy is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jun 2006
                                  Gender:
                                  Nature: Hasty
                                  Posts: 898
                                  woahhh.....two months? sounds tough......im looking for shiny anorith (i was up all night for three days str8 but still no luck ) but good luck to you MeleeMaster! i hope you find charmander!
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #7545    
                                  Old June 14th, 2006 (10:26 AM).
                                  tyranisneasel's Avatar
                                  tyranisneasel tyranisneasel is offline
                                  Crazy Dark Master
                                     
                                    Join Date: May 2006
                                    Location: RUN KIRBY! (>o.o)> (>o.o)>
                                    Age: 24
                                    Gender:
                                    Nature: Bold
                                    Posts: 323
                                    Hey eveyone ive been elite four training so no time for hunting...but when I get to it, i will hunt down Suicune(non-shiny, but I'm not sure) and Skarmory(blech).
                                    __________________
                                    A proud member of the SHC:
                                    With a billion thanks to MetalMario for the awesome card!
                                    Also a proud member of the Umbreon Fan Club:
                                    Seth's PokePet

                                    Milo the level 68 Milotic!
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #7546    
                                    Old June 14th, 2006 (10:35 AM).
                                    Eruption's Avatar
                                    Eruption Eruption is offline
                                    • Gold Tier
                                     
                                    Join Date: May 2006
                                    Location: North East England
                                    Age: 21
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Relaxed
                                    Posts: 6,242
                                    Can I get added to the member list?
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #7547    
                                    Old June 14th, 2006 (10:42 AM).
                                    Ichigo Flash's Avatar
                                    Ichigo Flash Ichigo Flash is offline
                                    Box-kun
                                       
                                      Join Date: Apr 2006
                                      Location: Birmingham, UK
                                      Age: 26
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Hasty
                                      Posts: 319
                                      Still trying to get my Chansey and Kangaskahn, my lord they flee like no tomorrow
                                      Gratz to Akida :D
                                      Best of luck to everyone else

                                      AND The Carlton Dance is sooo perfect for the shiny dance :D
                                      __________________


                                      I jitter back and forth to these forums. Hopefully this time i'll stick around . Looking for friends, people from the UK and anyone and everyone to talk to. Hit me up if any of these is you.
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #7548    
                                      Old June 14th, 2006 (11:01 AM).
                                      Yuscrecio's Avatar
                                      Yuscrecio Yuscrecio is offline
                                      Fellow Sista'
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jun 2006
                                        Location: Connecticut
                                        Age: 24
                                        Gender:
                                        Nature: Adamant
                                        Posts: 103
                                        Send a message via AIM to Yuscrecio
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Yami_Zidane
                                        So then you got a Gastly from Colosseum yes? well i've been doing my research and you can't catch Gastly or its evolutions in Colosseum or XD:Gale Of Darkness. And even if you did trade your "Shiny Haunter" to you ruby it would have evolved so there would be no need to trade it again, it seems you have told a lie to us here at the SHC, so i will allow you to come clean and explain yourself or you may risk expultion from the club.
                                        ..... I'm sorry.... >.> I wanted to say that I had more than one because I only have one, and I didn't want anyone to think that I was useless.... >.< I'm really sorry guys.... I will never do it again! I promise! >.< I'm sorry...
                                        __________________

                                        ^Currently Searching for^

                                        Thanks soo much MM!
                                        Shiny Hunters Club
                                        ~*~* 2 Shinies Caught to Date *~*~


                                        Wow.... *cricket*

                                        Friends: 96385, Tha Pkmn Prodigy, Rioku_Zanketa, Miss Pika, Akidatheart, Drew
                                        PM me to be buddies
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #7549    
                                        Old June 14th, 2006 (11:16 AM).
                                        shido's Avatar
                                        shido shido is offline
                                        Blood Sucker
                                           
                                          Join Date: Nov 2005
                                          Location: In the Office
                                          Gender:
                                          Nature: Adamant
                                          Posts: 485
                                          MM can u answer my question about the latios thing , is it true u can jus save after viewing the tv and hunt for it that way?
                                          __________________
                                          PC FAMILY
                                          Pair 4 LIFE - Demoonica Darkmoon
                                          Pokémom - Akidatheart

                                          SHINIES ~ TOTAL 27 - Caught in 3rd Gen 25 Latest Treecko - Caught in DP 2 Latest pelipper
                                          Spoiler:
                                          Shiny Card Created by the lovely Lady Darkmoon
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #7550    
                                          Old June 14th, 2006 (11:42 AM).
                                          Lady Demoonica Darkmoon's Avatar
                                          Lady Demoonica Darkmoon Lady Demoonica Darkmoon is offline
                                          Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
                                             
                                            Join Date: Jan 2005
                                            Location: West Virginia, USA
                                            Age: 34
                                            Gender: Female
                                            Nature: Adamant
                                            Posts: 912
                                            shido-kun I beleave it's set when you watch the TV, so save before you watch it.

                                            LDD's update: Lairon is lvl 100, and Victorybell isn't to far from it. I've gone back to hatching ABSOL eggs in Emerald.

                                            Absol eggs hatched: 9
                                            __________________
                                            Reply With Quote
                                            Reply
                                            Quick Reply

                                            Sponsored Links
                                            Thread Tools

                                            Posting Rules
                                            You may not post new threads
                                            You may not post replies
                                            You may not post attachments
                                            You may not edit your posts

                                            BB code is On
                                            Smilies are On
                                            [IMG] code is On
                                            HTML code is Off

                                            Forum Jump


                                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:09 AM.