The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon: General Discussions Pokémon Gaming Central
Club ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central | Pokkén

Old February 18th, 2008 (6:14 AM).
Guardian Spectre

Nature: Quirky
    'lo, people! Sorry for the kinda repetitive absence periods, but I haven't been too active on my Pokémon games lately...Just the thought of opening 30 Eevee eggs (which is fast) and then having to check ALL of their IVs after Rare Canding each of them up to at least level 13-14 and resetting everytime, seeing if I keep any; then I have to release the useless ones and open 30 more eggs... =____=
    Best thing I can do right now is train up Rarki, my Pachirisu, so he picks them up often.

I also stopped by due to MM's e-mail, I mean... Three co-owners! *Hugs LDD, MM and Yami* w00t!

I may have to read back a bit to check posts, but grats on all your Shinies! Nice chaining streak, Yami. Even though I must agree with MM...My Staraptor was one thing (first Shiny since I got my games stolen)... I loved getting the chained Zubat, but it's not the same as maybe breeding or training Pokémon up to Lvl 100 in a specific region hoping for it to show up...Or the Game Corner, even though I got none there.

~*Guardian Spectre of the Shiny Hunters' Club*~

Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb

Relevant Advertising!

Old February 18th, 2008 (6:23 AM).

Lol my swarm today is elektrike today so I'm gonna go try for a few more shiny, heres hoping their IVs are better than my current ones
      Old February 18th, 2008 (7:44 AM). Edited February 18th, 2008 by It's Just Fufu.
      Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
        I feel the same way, MM. That's why in all my games, I'm diligently soft resetting. Diamond is a bit of an exception because I'll soft reset for something for a week or so maybe, but then the PokeRadar will just pull me back in...

I broke my Absol chain after getting 13 shiny Absols. None of them look that much better than the one I originally back in October of '07, but they are only at level 20...I really have no plans to chain for anything else besides Electrike (everything else I want to chain is either on Pearl, or I simply don't have the heart to chain for it right now), so I'm going to soft reset for Azelf on Diamond. I would soft reset for Uxie, but it's not in the cavern anymore. I think the time I ran away from it and checked my swarm, I forgot to soft reset and just leave the cavern. I'm quite alright with it, though, as I really only want a shiny Azelf; Mesprit and Uxie would have been bonuses.

And now I can focus on soft resetting for Turtwig a little bit more. I REALLY want a shiny one.

Off-topic, I know, but why can't I change my avatar?

Edit: Nevermine, I was able to change it.

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old February 18th, 2008 (10:57 AM).
        I need to change that ^

Nature: Brave
          Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lil-Dill
          YES! LDD and Runasutaru are back!!! ^^.

Still no secret shiny..;_;

Soul Silver team:

Sisters:TwilightBlade, Color Me Evil
          Pokemon Soul Silver FC:
          4899 0878 6952
          Pokemon White FC: 3181 5385 5104
          Old February 18th, 2008 (11:41 AM).
          • Gold Tier

Nature: Timid
          Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Lil-Dill View Post
          Oh yea, hey MM what do you think of my new Shiny Hunters Card?

btw still no new secret shiny.... : /
          It's cool. Once I gather the motivation, I may start up card requests again. (I can barely find motivation to finish my own... -.-; It's still missing Probopass and Gallade.) Maybe I could host an American Idol-style contest to appoint a new card maker! >=] Whoever can make cards exactly like mine gets to become an official updater! (PM me for the template, then PM me some of your creations)

For now, custom creations seem to be the most practical for the time being, seeing as none of the card updaters really have the motivation to make cards. :p (If you already have a card and would like an update, go ahead and PM me.) My next objective would be to reconstruct my vbcode from the closed card shop thread, and save it to my HD to keep from losing it again in the future.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Shadow Chaos View Post
          Challenger Approaching!! (Veteran) MetalMario!!
          Challenger Approaching!! (Veteran) Yami_Zidane!!
          *we appear as a tag team and you must defeat both of us without falling to unlock us*
          *battlefield is large and sprawling, making Metal Mario especially difficult to knock out*

The big SHC family is back together again! Now all we need is for Aaryn and SGM to come back. (Like that would happen... xP)

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Runasutaru View Post
          'lo, people! Sorry for the kinda repetitive absence periods, but I haven't been too active on my Pokémon games lately...Just the thought of opening 30 Eevee eggs (which is fast) and then having to check ALL of their IVs after Rare Canding each of them up to at least level 13-14 and resetting everytime, seeing if I keep any; then I have to release the useless ones and open 30 more eggs... =____=
          Best thing I can do right now is train up Rarki, my Pachirisu, so he picks them up often.
          Ugg, that's exactly why I'm doing my Chiko hatching on the third-gen. (I can see how that's a bit of a problem for you. *sniff* Poor Tairikiryu and Jyrvakiryu... ;_;)

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Runasutaru View Post
          I may have to read back a bit to check posts, but grats on all your Shinies! Nice chaining streak, Yami. Even though I must agree with MM...My Staraptor was one thing (first Shiny since I got my games stolen)... I loved getting the chained Zubat, but it's not the same as maybe breeding or training Pokémon up to Lvl 100 in a specific region hoping for it to show up...Or the Game Corner, even though I got none there.
          Mmyeah. I was pretty ecstatic when I finally chained shiny Seviper (my first Radar shiny), but once I started chaining to 40 within a single day and fining multiple shinies per chain, things just lost their charm. For now, I'll stick to soft resets/breeding, and raise the shinies I have. (I now have like 5 unique shinies I haven't even touched.)

I'm wondering if I should change around my Emerald breeding targets now and again. I mean, my Chiko breeders already have near-perfect IVs, so why not work up the IVs of some other species I'm fond of? (or are competitively viable)

Oh, and gratz to people for finds.

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
          stream
          github
          latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
          Old February 18th, 2008 (12:30 PM). Edited February 18th, 2008 by Thebiggamer.

I made myself a SHC but it was too big so I gotta keep it saved to my photobucket account then go to my uncles house(he lives an hours drive away,on good road conditions) and lower the pixel height/leanth because my ghetto pc can't lol

Huh on a different forum someone just told me that Roar is a negative priority move, there goes my movest for Shiny Manectric
            Old February 18th, 2008 (12:52 PM).
            All dreams are but another reality.
            • Crystal Tier

Jaja it looks just like yours but I could never figure out what speed you set it at.. It's also just that I don't have the time to do requests or update now with the busy life I have and I suck at animations.. Dx

Been SRing all day for Articuno but I have to do start on my homework now.. Wah. Maybe I should do a new game on FR since it's being lame. D8
            Old February 18th, 2008 (5:05 PM).

Wow a lot of people are coming back. Well I don't know if I mentioned it here but I got shiny Hoothoot a week ago and just a shiny Shuckle fresh off the presses.
              and since: Camerupt, Luxray, Torkoal, Noctowl, Shuckle, Metagross, Palkia, Torterra, Stantler, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Latios, Arcanine, Groudon, Altaria, Nidoking, Flareon, Umbreon, Espeon, Victreebel, Sceptile, Swampert, Floatzel, Tyranitar, Regigigas, Rhyperior, Blaziken, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Feraligatr, Armaldo, Cradily, Rotom, Dialga, Swablu, and Dusknoir
              Credit to MetalMario and Yami for the SHC card
              click to help them grow
              Old February 18th, 2008 (5:55 PM).
              I need to change that ^

Nature: Brave
                Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lil-Dill
                Oh ok, so its motivation huh MM? Well I might also suggest that you should change the template, to me it seems kinda old and I dont really like it that much-maybe you should try to do a gradient effect on the cards or on the text itself.

I hatched another box full of my secret shiny and nope, nothing yet...-.-' I guess Ill get it in the next 5 years...But I also dont want to play anymore because Ive got 436 hours of game time. Ive been playing since June 5th so I guess you can call me obsessed or something but its kinda getting boring, so I also need motivation for shiny hunting.

Soul Silver team:

Sisters:TwilightBlade, Color Me Evil
                Pokemon Soul Silver FC:
                4899 0878 6952
                Pokemon White FC: 3181 5385 5104
                Old February 18th, 2008 (6:22 PM).

take a week or so off to forget it then try again, thats what I usually do, except I usually lose my cartriges so that week turns into a year.
                  Old February 18th, 2008 (10:24 PM).
                  Has gone...

>>To Brawl: Congratulations on all of those Absol!!

>>To Dragonking_ShinyElite: Congratulations on the Hoothoot and Shuckle!!

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by MetalMario View Post
                    *we appear as a tag team and you must defeat both of us without falling to unlock us*
                    *battlefield is large and sprawling, making Metal Mario especially difficult to knock out*

The big SHC family is back together again! Now all we need is for Aaryn and SGM to come back. (Like that would happen... xP)
                    *About to begin the match...* >=D
                    *Prepare for battle, you two!!* XD

Challengers (Veteran)Aaryn & (Veteran)SGM's data are for a future event... D:

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by TwilightBlade View Post
                    Jaja it looks just like yours but I could never figure out what speed you set it at.. It's also just that I don't have the time to do requests or update now with the busy life I have and I suck at animations.. Dx

Been SRing all day for Articuno but I have to do start on my homework now.. Wah. Maybe I should do a new game on FR since it's being lame. D8
                    Well, If you manage to get some time on your hands, may I get a card from you? ;D
                    Also, good luck on your Articuno hunt!!

I've got nothing... Failed two Elektrike hunts today, and haven't gotten around to hatching more Eggs... -_-' But I'm almost done evolving everything in my Pokedex (with the exceptions of Evolution Stone Pokemon)!! Good luck to everybody else!!
                    Old February 19th, 2008 (5:18 AM).

I have to say this, I wish all Bidoof a horrible death. I'm trying to chain Surskit and they broke it for the third time
                      Old February 19th, 2008 (8:44 AM).

Send a message via AIM to ryan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ryan Send a message via Yahoo to ryan
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by MetalMario View Post
                        It's cool. Once I gather the motivation, I may start up card requests again. (I can barely find motivation to finish my own... -.-; It's still missing Probopass and Gallade.) Maybe I could host an American Idol-style contest to appoint a new card maker! >=] Whoever can make cards exactly like mine gets to become an official updater! (PM me for the template, then PM me some of your creations)
                        I could be one of your co-judges! Do you want me to be the paula or the randy to your simon?
                        Old February 19th, 2008 (9:51 AM).
                        <--She's a ribbon queen...38!

Send a message via AIM to rapid whalelord Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to rapid whalelord
                          Just posting to show im still alive.everyone gd luk with your hunts.oh yeah im searching aipom in the trees.

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
                          Get your own at Pokeplushies!

Click here to feed me a Digicandy!
                          Get your own at Pokeplushies!
                          Old February 19th, 2008 (10:10 AM).
                          Part of the TSC

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by rapid whalelord View Post
                            Just posting to show im still alive.everyone gd luk with your hunts.oh yeah im searching aipom in the trees.
                            Good luck with that If I were you I'd (also) try to breed the Aipom, thats a lot better than finding it in trees. I've tried to get a Shiny Aipom for about three months and I've honeyed every tree every day, but didnt encounter a single shiny I did encounter a Munchlax though
                            Old February 19th, 2008 (10:17 AM).

Speaking of the trees, does anyone but me miss the headbutt trees from GSC? I loved those and there was this one tree I would always go to on the lake of rage, I knew exactly where it was and it would allways give me a heracross whenever I was there
                              Old February 19th, 2008 (4:26 PM).
                              Delete.

Nature: Calm
                                Everyone else is coming back so I'll guess I'll make my apperance to, lol. I haven't found any new shinies, but I have been able to EV train 3 pokemon and I have aquired my bronze trainer card. I still have to EV train 3 more pokemon to complete my team, but man it takes a long time to EV train. Nice to see a handful of you have come back. Happy Hunting.

I have returned from a long hiatus from playing Pokemon and I am now starting fresh and new on Platinum.
                                Badges: 6
                                Current Team: Staravia, Infernape, Empoleon, Torterra, Luxray
                                Old February 20th, 2008 (12:03 PM).

Thebiggamer's story of today's adventure:

Cashed Tax Return
                                  Went to Wallmart, bought Wireless Router
                                  Went to local college, got Fafsa forms filled out
                                  Went home set up wireless router
                                  Wireless router didn't work
                                  Disconnected router, rehooked up, still didn't work
                                  Swore
                                  Called Tech support
                                  Guy from India helped me disconnect and reset the router
                                  2 1/2 hours later tech support guy figured my router was defective
                                  ended call
                                  swore again
                                  went back to wallmart exchanged routers
                                  got home,set up new router
                                  this one works
                                  I got wifi now 8)
                                  Old February 20th, 2008 (2:16 PM).
                                  President KFC

Nature: Sassy
                                    ...Hello again, pplz! I'm back! FOR REALZ this time. I feel kinda bad for leaving after I said I was coming back, especially since I got welcomed back by people and just... ugh. *fails*
                                    But I'll do my best to keep my word this time. I haven't been very active on my game as of late (but from what I can see, I'm not the only one)... sooo... I haven't caught any new shinies. *ish HUEG dissapointment* >BC
                                    I WILL do better, though! I'll make sure to play my game more and post here more often! So... who remembers me? XD
                                    Old February 20th, 2008 (5:16 PM).
                                    • Gold Tier

Location: In a tiberium patch chaining for a shiny visceroid
                                    Nature: Timid
                                    Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Lil-Dill View Post
                                    Oh ok, so its motivation huh MM? Well I might also suggest that you should change the template, to me it seems kinda old and I dont really like it that much-maybe you should try to do a gradient effect on the cards or on the text itself.
                                    Maybe whenever the next Pokémon RPG comes out... ;P And gradients take too many colours to retain quality in 256-colour animated GIFs. I'd use MNG, but support for it is still too shoddy.

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by ryan View Post
                                    I could be one of your co-judges! Do you want me to be the paula or the randy to your simon?
                                    So I'm Simon? I guess that works considering how totally perfectionist I am... And I almost never watch Americal idol.

Now then. There is a lunar eclipse tonight, so I am taking a momentary break from hunting Chikorita to go after one of my previous secret shinies.

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
                                    stream
                                    github
                                    latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
                                    Old February 20th, 2008 (5:36 PM).
                                    Fizz-X

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Thebiggamer View Post
                                      Thebiggamer's story of today's adventure:

Cashed Tax Return
                                      Went to Wallmart, bought Wireless Router
                                      Went to local college, got Fafsa forms filled out
                                      Went home set up wireless router
                                      Wireless router didn't work
                                      Disconnected router, rehooked up, still didn't work
                                      Swore
                                      Called Tech support
                                      Guy from India helped me disconnect and reset the router
                                      2 1/2 hours later tech support guy figured my router was defective
                                      ended call
                                      swore again
                                      went back to wallmart exchanged routers
                                      got home,set up new router
                                      this one works
                                      I got wifi now 8)
                                      ha..ha (JK)
                                      never call Tech support they just anoy me
                                      I got a shiny buziel ... by doing a chain becasue i was bored
                                      Old February 20th, 2008 (5:50 PM).

Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Teamtyranitar View Post
                                        ha..ha (JK)
                                        never call Tech support they just anoy me
                                        I got a shiny buziel ... by doing a chain becasue i was bored

That was how I got my shiny buizel, I had tried for weeks with no results then one day I went to windworks to get an eekid and when I tried to chain it was buizel so I was like "meh, I'll chain it" and I made it up to 56(I think, around there) and got 3

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                                        Old February 20th, 2008 (8:16 PM).
                                        Lady Demoonica Darkmoon Lady Demoonica Darkmoon is offline
                                        Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

Nature: Adamant
                                          I remember you Star Striken.

LDD's update: Nada, yet again.
                                          Old February 20th, 2008 (8:58 PM).
                                          Dragonking_ShinyElite Dragonking_ShinyElite is offline

Well I got a shiny Beldum last night after spending the whole day chaining.

I see I'm running out of room for new shinies in my sig.
                                            and since: Camerupt, Luxray, Torkoal, Noctowl, Shuckle, Metagross, Palkia, Torterra, Stantler, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Latios, Arcanine, Groudon, Altaria, Nidoking, Flareon, Umbreon, Espeon, Victreebel, Sceptile, Swampert, Floatzel, Tyranitar, Regigigas, Rhyperior, Blaziken, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Feraligatr, Armaldo, Cradily, Rotom, Dialga, Swablu, and Dusknoir
                                            Credit to MetalMario and Yami for the SHC card
                                            click to help them grow
                                            Old February 20th, 2008 (10:11 PM).
                                            Shadow Chaos Shadow Chaos is offline
                                            Has gone...

Welcome back Exokriz and Star Striken!! :D

>>To Teamtyranitar: Congratulations on the Buizel!!

>>To Dragonking_ShinyElite: Congratulations on the Beldum!!

Aside from lol at Thebiggamer's (congratulations on getting Wi-Fi) story, I got nothing as well, wrapping up the Evolutions though... Good luck to all!! :D
                                              Quick Reply

Sponsored Links