The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon: General Discussions Pokémon Gaming Central
Club ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central | Pokkén

Old June 8th, 2008 (3:24 PM).

good luck dude after a while you'll get a feel for the chains and get them to the 30s every time, of course over the past week I've had 3 chains go over 50 and lost it without shinies lol

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Relevant Advertising!

Old June 8th, 2008 (3:47 PM).
    <--She's a ribbon queen...38!

Send a message via AIM to rapid whalelord Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to rapid whalelord
      i haven't been posting (nothing to say really) but i have been lingering in the background reading posts ... gd luck shinyhunter011 i've had no luck with chain and have give up on areodactly too stressful maybe another time?

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
      Get your own at Pokeplushies!

Click here to feed me a Digicandy!
      Old June 8th, 2008 (4:55 PM).
      GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master

Nature: Modest
        Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DDD'SSCEPTILE
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Thebiggamer View Post
        good luck dude after a while you'll get a feel for the chains and get them to the 30s every time, of course over the past week I've had 3 chains go over 50 and lost it without shinies lol

This, I've never really understood. I see it everywhere, and I don't get the point. All you have to do is get to 40, and walk back and forth over and over resetting the radar under the shiny grass comes up. It's been stated in mathematical outcome that your chances don't increase anymore after 40.

So if you get there again in the coming week, plz plz plz just wait it out and you will be rewarded. =o

As far as I'm concerned, my biggest challenge of yet is tomorrow. I gotta go get 4 fillings at the dentist, early morning.
        And watch, on both Diamond and Pearl I'll have great Swarm Pokemon. :P

Also, yesterday my friend that joined up here once long ago came around. Apparently he's been trying to get a shiny Magikarp..
        Since he's gonna be around for about 2 - 5 days, I know he'll want to rumble. He's already requested some Brawl and Mario Kart, and I know Pokemon's also on that list. So... maybe I'll be able to nab Gligar sometime or another... which is why, in a way, I am hoping there's a good swarm Pokemon tomorrow so I can get it while I wait for him.
        Old June 8th, 2008 (9:34 PM).
        You know, that guy on T.V.

Nature: Jolly
          Send a message via AIM to fearow23
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by fearow23 View Post
          After a long absence from this forum, I am proud to announce two new shinies I caught!

My old ones by soft-reset are Regigigas and Rotom.

In my Firered, I finally captured Electrode by Soft-reset (in the Powerplant. MODEST NAUTRE!) and after over a year, Snorlax (Lax nature)

Not much to brag about but still, it's pretty awesome.
          OMG! So I am playing XD while softresetting for a shiny Drifloon (I changed the time to friday, saved next to it, and warped back to today), and I got it! This is probably the quickest shiny I soft-reseted for (less than a day!) It's a bold nature, I forgot to have a sychronize guy try to get the nature I wanted...oh well! It's still AWESOME!

Name: Smiles
          FC: 0834-1206-9153
          Version: X

I got a Ghost Friend Safari and mainly am looking for HA Pokemon to breed. I have a decent amount so feel free to hit me up.
          Old June 8th, 2008 (9:40 PM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by DDD'SSCEPTILE View Post
            This, I've never really understood. I see it everywhere, and I don't get the point. All you have to do is get to 40, and walk back and forth over and over resetting the radar under the shiny grass comes up. It's been stated in mathematical outcome that your chances don't increase anymore after 40.

So if you get there again in the coming week, plz plz plz just wait it out and you will be rewarded. =o
            Just make sure you have a lot of Super Repels.
            and since: Camerupt, Luxray, Torkoal, Noctowl, Shuckle, Metagross, Palkia, Torterra, Stantler, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Latios, Arcanine, Groudon, Altaria, Nidoking, Flareon, Umbreon, Espeon, Victreebel, Sceptile, Swampert, Floatzel, Tyranitar, Regigigas, Rhyperior, Blaziken, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Feraligatr, Armaldo, Cradily, Rotom, Dialga, Swablu, and Dusknoir
            Credit to MetalMario and Yami for the SHC card
            click to help them grow
            Old June 9th, 2008 (5:10 AM).

yeah, my problem is after 5 minutes of restting the radar I get bored and increase the chain

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
              Old June 9th, 2008 (5:28 AM). Edited June 9th, 2008 by super onii chan.
              I think I'm here to stay

Nature: Adamant
                Quote:
                yeah, my problem is after 5 minutes of restting the radar I get bored and increase the chain
                well with me i just mess up at a chain of 40 lol. ive only got a shiny bidoof but traded it. i missed that beaver looking thing ;_;. the problem with me is i take risk a lot like sometimes i go to patches 3 away sometimes on the edges. because im a little impatient

edit: woot swarm is electrike, the only problem is i dont have a static pokemon =/, if i catch one its not going be at a high lvl

edit 2: dang it i found out if i use static it might draw out 2 other electric
                Old June 9th, 2008 (6:01 AM).
                Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
                  DDD, the one guy you're talking about who you raced was DarkParukia, I believe. And if you ever want to Brawl, gimme your FC and stuff; I'm always looking for a challenge (and Serebii just doesn't cut it anymore).

I haven't really been hunting for anything other than Tangela these past few days, and even then, I haven't been hunting for Tangela that much. I'm about ready to just move on, however, I'd really like to fix the Network Machine, and trade my shiny Venusaur, Lapras, and ultimately Blastoise (trade it from LG to FR and from FR to Emerald) to Emerald so that I may clone them.

Does anyone know if the Darkrai from the TRU Event can be shiny?

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old June 9th, 2008 (7:05 AM).
                  Dispose Of The Betrayer....

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by $ChuteOut$ View Post
                    DDD, the one guy you're talking about who you raced was DarkParukia, I believe. And if you ever want to Brawl, gimme your FC and stuff; I'm always looking for a challenge (and Serebii just doesn't cut it anymore).

I haven't really been hunting for anything other than Tangela these past few days, and even then, I haven't been hunting for Tangela that much. I'm about ready to just move on, however, I'd really like to fix the Network Machine, and trade my shiny Venusaur, Lapras, and ultimately Blastoise (trade it from LG to FR and from FR to Emerald) to Emerald so that I may clone them.

i dont think the TRU darkrai can be shiny, i heard events cant become shiny unless it was something like the manaphy egg. Anyway i have been really busy just got back into shiny hunting. good luck everyone!

" As The Lightless Oblivion Devours You, Drown In The Ever-Blooming Darkness.."
                    Credit Goes To Aurafire For The Banner

Old June 9th, 2008 (1:11 PM). Edited June 9th, 2008 by DDD'SSCEPTILE.

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by fearow23 View Post
                      OMG! So I am playing XD while softresetting for a shiny Drifloon (I changed the time to friday, saved next to it, and warped back to today), and I got it! This is probably the quickest shiny I soft-reseted for (less than a day!) It's a bold nature, I forgot to have a sychronize guy try to get the nature I wanted...oh well! It's still AWESOME!
                      Congratulations!! My quickest SR shiny was my first (Beldum), it probably took like 45 minutes lol.

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Dragonking_ShinyElite View Post
                      Just make sure you have a lot of Super Repels.
                      Indeed. Personally, I use Max Repels. Why? That way I don't have to stop and use a Repel more often. 4 Radar resets before I run out of Repel and have to break the action and concentration. But to each his own I guess.
                      (BTW, I'm packing 999 Max Repels. =D )

Quote:

Thanks. Boy, you sure do have a good memory around these places. :)
                      Brawl doesn't work the greatest on my connection speed. We could try it but it can be a pain just to play people from places like Colorado. However, everything else is fine, including D/P and PBR.
                      I think you're pretty good as is. =P Actually, my organizer is pretty full up right now. I got challenges, trades flying all over the place. XD

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Graceful Assassin View Post
                      i dont think the TRU darkrai can be shiny, i heard events cant become shiny unless it was something like the manaphy egg. Anyway i have been really busy just got back into shiny hunting. good luck everyone!
                      Yep, that's why I'm waiting to see if anyone can actually get it shiny before I try to get mine. =)

So, my Swarms today weren't that great, on Pearl it was the one that was on Diamond the day before (Slakoth. Kinda looks cool but if I get any more shinies it'll be ones that -I- want.) and on Diamond it was Lickitung.
                      What a coincidence.
                      That guy who wanted one of mine talked to me and he said his Swarm Pokemon was Lickitung, and he got one, that it was Adamant and it's Sp. Def IV was 31.
                      (Still can't beat mine. Sorry pal.)
                      We're gonna battle later though.

I'm probably gonna train my own Lickitung this evening. My dentist visit went great, but I'm VERY sore. He went ahead and done 5 teeth, one of them he said there wasn't anything wrong with and that the X-ray was wrong on that one.
                      One reason I'm very sore is that I bit my tongue 6 times or more.... So numb I couldn't tell.

Good luck everyone!!

HEY HEY! Pokemon Ranch was released today!! I gotta get it tonight!!! Now I can free up my Boxes on Diamond (Having a box & a half of extra shinies...lol.... it takes up precious space when everything else is overflowing) and put on and switch around my Pearl shinies at ease!

YAY!
                      Old June 9th, 2008 (1:42 PM).
                      A figment of your imgination

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by shinyhunter011 View Post
                        well with me i just mess up at a chain of 40 lol. ive only got a shiny bidoof but traded it. i missed that beaver looking thing ;_;. the problem with me is i take risk a lot like sometimes i go to patches 3 away sometimes on the edges. because im a little impatient

edit: woot swarm is electrike, the only problem is i dont have a static pokemon =/, if i catch one its not going be at a high lvl

edit 2: dang it i found out if i use static it might draw out 2 other electric

Haha I'm just like that too with chaining I'm impatient and I tend to take risks and go to the 3 patches or the ones near the edges too ><

Old June 9th, 2008 (3:34 PM).

I used a static poke when chaining electrike and got 2 shinies out of the chain cause of it, one I use for my competative battles even though it's quirkey nature, it may be quirkey but it still 1hko's gayrados(I can't spell this abomination)

Old June 9th, 2008 (8:08 PM). Edited June 9th, 2008 by MetalMario.
                          • Gold Tier

Location: In a tiberium patch chaining for a shiny visceroid
                          Nature: Timid
                          Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
                          Quote:
                          gayrados

Now then. I finally captured shiny Seviper! :D Four of them, actually, and the chain's still going. I just nursed the chain up slowly while avoiding all of 13mjvr's patterns as well as staying away from edges. I guess I just took that edge rule too casually.

So now I feel like I'm on fire--like I can chain absolutely anything! For real this time! It'll be a quick job scooping up a shiny Sneasel and Absol, and I can get onto Rotom quite shortly.

I'm thinking, though. Wouldn't it be cool to have certain dedicated members attempt to capture all the shinies of a particular colour? Stuff like gold, blue, or purple would be way too difficult, but I'm thinking I'd like to collect all the red shinies. There aren't all that many, but most of them are totally sweet.

Edit: I decided I was done and it was time to advance my chain as far as it would go. It broke on 47 from the MM Pattern with 6 shinies. (More on the "MM pattern" later. It wasn't in this thread where I talked about it.)

Edit2: Gosh. Only one of them is Modest. Better than none I guess, so I'm off to check her IVs.

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
                          stream
                          github
                          latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
                          Old June 9th, 2008 (8:58 PM).
                          A figment of your imgination

Congrats MM on all your shinies! maybe I'll stop taking that edge rule so lightly ><

Congrats to Thebiggamer on your new shiny electrikes I'm totally jealous I love that pokemon and the shiny one just looks sooo cool!

I'm gonna play some GTA tonight but I'll definatly chain something tomorrow (not sure what yet I'm gonna see what's swarms....I hope it's snubull)

Old June 10th, 2008 (5:32 AM).
                            I think I'm here to stay

Nature: Adamant
                              well im going keep chaining until i get shiny, the reason i didnt get a electrik was because i didnt have strong pokemon with static =/.going check out todays swarm. hey wat do yall think the best swarm is
                              Old June 10th, 2008 (5:43 AM).
                              Final Atomic Buster

Hey all Congrats to new shinies!! I've had no luck with my targets yet. Did like 5 hours of Combee Sring that last couple days, no combee on tree today though :/ Also finally transferred Darkrai from Battonage over to my Jpn Pearl. Been Sring for it, hope it shines soon lol.

Oh yeah on Friday I finally got lucky on ebay. Finally found a copy of the Japan Colosseum Bonus disc. Lol cost me $120 US + shipping, yeah pricey but its supremely rare :p Heh now all I need is a jpn colo and jpn R/S/E and I'll be able to download celebis, albeit slowly (already have freeloader disc so no need for jpn gamecube). Those can wait, as I got the masterpiece of the set :p Anxiously waiting for it in the mail x___x oooh I'll explode if I get a shiny one somehow xD

Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

+ Unown !, Skarmory, Uxie, Treecko, Torchic, Palkia, Metapod, Rotom, Voltorb, Mudkip, Darkrai, Shaymin, Azelf, Mewtwo, Electrode, Machop, Trapinch, Grimer
                                Credit to Yami Zidane

TARGETS:
                                Old June 10th, 2008 (10:16 AM). Edited June 10th, 2008 by Akidatheart.
                                Pokémom
                                • Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
                                Send a message via ICQ to Akidatheart Send a message via AIM to Akidatheart Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akidatheart Send a message via Yahoo to Akidatheart
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Dark Steelix Lv X View Post
                                Hey all Congrats to new shinies!! I've had no luck with my targets yet. Did like 5 hours of Combee Sring that last couple days, no combee on tree today though :/ Also finally transferred Darkrai from Battonage over to my Jpn Pearl. Been Sring for it, hope it shines soon lol.

Oh yeah on Friday I finally got lucky on ebay. Finally found a copy of the Japan Colosseum Bonus disc. Lol cost me $120 US + shipping, yeah pricey but its supremely rare :p Heh now all I need is a jpn colo and jpn R/S/E and I'll be able to download celebis, albeit slowly (already have freeloader disc so no need for jpn gamecube). Those can wait, as I got the masterpiece of the set :p Anxiously waiting for it in the mail x___x oooh I'll explode if I get a shiny one somehow xD

Good luck to everyone on their hunts!
                                Wow, that is great news!! I have the american one, for anyone that needs jirachi.. We got a few celebis at a pokemon event but to be able to get them "on demand" would be really be cool. Good luck getting the rest of the stuff you are looking for, and I hope you get really lucky and get it all much cheaper than the bonus disc you just got.
                                Kim

I'm a member of the Shiny Hunters Club

Do the Shiny Dance!
                                Old June 11th, 2008 (10:04 AM).
                                The Graceful Assassin The Graceful Assassin is offline
                                Dispose Of The Betrayer....

with all this platinum speculation going around ill now be going for a shiny giratina then regigigas. so for now im dropping palkia. congrats to everyones new shinies! and good luck

" As The Lightless Oblivion Devours You, Drown In The Ever-Blooming Darkness.."
                                  Credit Goes To Aurafire For The Banner

Old June 11th, 2008 (4:29 PM).

No new shinies from me but I trained my Lickitung, but check this out

I got Pokemon Ranch and put some of my shinies on it (particularly the bad natured ones, etc.)
                                    Like Brawl, you can take pictures and put them on SD cards. Unlike Brawl however, they are saved into a special directory that it TELLS you about, and tells you the file name.... and the extension? .JPG

So you can put them on the computer and view them automatically!

Don't you just love shiny Lickitung? I think it's very cute! It reminds me of a little kid or something.
                                    Old June 11th, 2008 (5:31 PM).
                                    Lord of the Sammich!

Nature: Docile
                                      Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LordxDanswich
                                      Quote:

I got Pokemon Ranch and put some of my shinies on it (particularly the bad natured ones, etc.)
                                      Like Brawl, you can take pictures and put them on SD cards. Unlike Brawl however, they are saved into a special directory that it TELLS you about, and tells you the file name.... and the extension? .JPG

Don't you just love shiny Lickitung? I think it's very cute! It reminds me of a little kid or something.
                                      Sweet pictures DDD, any chance of getting a picture of misdreavus for me? pweez?

I finally completed my pokedex today, and reset at birch's lab until i got a female chikorita, so once i catch and purify the bayleef from colosseum i'm going to start breeding for a shiny chiko.

Kindle Road
                                      Current Location/Target
                                      Credit to Pokesho for the Ponyta image
                                      Old June 11th, 2008 (6:35 PM).
                                      • Gold Tier

Location: In a tiberium patch chaining for a shiny visceroid
                                      Nature: Timid
                                      Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
                                      Quote:

Spoiler:

Aww, they're so cute! *hugs Lickitung* *gets covered in drool* I ought to somehow convince my bro to download Ranch (I'll probably have to pay him for it =/) so I can get some 3d pictures of my 4th-gen shinies in Hyper Chibi form. :D

I've saved in front of Rotom and will do a handful of resets. I don't have a Sing/Hail Lapras yet, so I just brought a random Snover. I don't plan on going all out for Rotom just yet, but I will pretty soon. I miss my little cherry drop. :'(

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
                                      stream
                                      github
                                      latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
                                      Old June 11th, 2008 (6:39 PM).
                                      Nostalgia is powerful.

Location: The Ghetto (Shinies are here!)
                                        Nature: Hasty
                                        Nice picture, DDD! Can I request shiny Metagross and Totodile in Chibi form? ;)

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old June 11th, 2008 (9:29 PM).

Quote:
                                          Nice picture, DDD! Can I request shiny Metagross and Totodile in Chibi form? ;)
                                          You got it, along with just about all my other shinies. Some of the pics I got were just... awesome.

Since this is the Shiny Hunters Club I doubt I'd derail things by posting pictures of them from Pokemon Ranch.

Ok, so here we go.

You've already seen Licky and Bronzor.

Starly!

Buneary buneary!

Sometimes the Pokemon.. ride each other. See below. Shiny Zigzagoon!

Corsola

Ma..... champ....

It looks weird. O_o
                                          And I just realized how Machamp resembles Guts Man.

^Crimson, who reminds me of Saturos from Golden Sun

WARNING: THE MOST ABSOLUTE BEST PIC EVER:

Man that's unique. Antoinette the shiny Roserade, Celtic Sol the shiny Espeon, and one of my random shiny Starlies.

Antoinette alone. She looks happy. :)

Do you dare challenge the great and all-powerful Oz?! (He's actually alseep)
                                          (He also won a battle for me earlier. lol)

AS REQUESTED

MoonRinger the shiny Metagross

Kinda sparkly, I think they all (shinies) do that when you "focus" on them.

Vector the shiny Totodile telling a random Poliwrath that he'll be as strong as him one day.

Edge the shiny Tyranitar! Rawr!

(just another weird pic. When I sent him over, he looked like an octopus, I couldn't see his legs)

Weeeeeeee.

*yawn*
                                          I'm going to bed. On Diamond my Swarm is Skitty... I'll check pearl later...

I had Explosion TM in my grasp for Lickilicky (didn't transfer it or Staraptor fearing it'd reset their Return) but for some reason it didn't give it to me. I think it's because I exited the bonus round myself... Now I gotta do it again.... I need an extra Leftovers too...

Oh, and if anything goes the way it has been, Pearl will be the same Swarm as Diamond was a day before. It's weird. I hope it's not. If it is I have another shot at Phanpy. I kinda hope it's something else though.

And is Tangela even a Swarm Pokemon? In the guide it says so but on GameFAQs one of them didn't list it.
                                          Old June 12th, 2008 (2:14 AM).
                                          LordxDanswich LordxDanswich is offline
                                          Lord of the Sammich!

Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
                                            Nature: Docile
                                            Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LordxDanswich
                                            Quote:

*yawn*
                                            I'm going to bed. On Diamond my Swarm is Skitty... I'll check pearl later...

I had Explosion TM in my grasp for Lickilicky (didn't transfer it or Staraptor fearing it'd reset their Return) but for some reason it didn't give it to me. I think it's because I exited the bonus round myself... Now I gotta do it again.... I need an extra Leftovers too...

Oh, and if anything goes the way it has been, Pearl will be the same Swarm as Diamond was a day before. It's weird. I hope it's not. If it is I have another shot at Phanpy. I kinda hope it's something else though.

And is Tangela even a Swarm Pokemon? In the guide it says so but on GameFAQs one of them didn't list it.

You forgot my misdreavus request

And no, tangela isn't a swarm pokemon, i think it was established a while ago that it wasm't a swarm pokemon.

Kindle Road
                                            Current Location/Target
                                            Credit to Pokesho for the Ponyta image
                                            Old June 12th, 2008 (8:05 AM).
                                            rapid whalelord rapid whalelord is offline
                                            <--She's a ribbon queen...38!

Send a message via AIM to rapid whalelord Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to rapid whalelord
                                              oh once i get in range of a wifi connection so gonna download this

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

Click here to feed me a Digicandy!
                                              Quick Reply

Sponsored Links