• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Was your music taste different when you were younger?

Napalm

Careful! That Stuff Burns!
Years
  • My taste was very obscure when I was 6, I liked blues-rock. The Blues Brothers were the favorite band at the time, it wasn't until I was 11, I first heard a metal song. It was Sacred Lie by Disturbed, since then, I've been into metal. I still like blues, but I also like old school rock and punk.

What's the difference in your taste?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I actually had a terrible taste and I used to listen to stuff like britney spears and N-Sync. Now I listen to classy tasteful music. Heavy Metal, Rock, Some punk you know the classy stuff!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I was really only limiting myself to certain R&B, Rap, Pop and little Rock. I now listen to so much more.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • Yes REMEMBERS GOOD TIMES* Yer I used to like S-Club 7 and all that. Now that I look back I wonder what the hell I was thinking XD.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I have always had awesome taste in music (aka. I have always been a music nerd. xD) The first album I bought was a rock opera. (b ")b

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • Last Year I was into Take That & ABBA & Crappy Stuffs. Now I'm into J-pop/J-Music, R&B, Electropop and Punk-Rock-Alternative. [The ONLY Thing To Sum Up Green Day XD]

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
    Years
  • I pretty much loved Pop when I was younger, then kinda went through a phase when it was all Paramore, MCR etc. Now I listen to a wide varitey of music as often as I can. Pop (Particularly Electropop), RnB, Rock, Alternative, Electronic, Dance, house and so much more. I'd still have to say Pop music is my favourite genre :3

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I didn't really get into listening to music until I was about 13 or so. Back then I was limited to whatever I heard on the radio, so pretty much pop music. It's quite different these days though.

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    when i was younger i used to be a little emo kid and listen to all rock music.
    now i listen to mostly pop, rap, r&b, techno - all that good stuff.

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
  • When I was little, most of the stuff I like now would definitely not be played in my house (most parents don't want their kids listening to Korn or Disturbed as five-yeard olds). I was the typical little popstar with Britney Spears and Hilary Duff and Backstreet Boys and Aaron Carter. The first rock I came in contact with was Coldplay, so I started off as a easy listener type of rock. Then Mom introduced me to bands like Seether and Papa Roach and then I discovered 9.71 (the classic rock/metal station where I live). I also learned about techno/electronic pop, so yay for The Prodigy!

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Radio Disney.
    [/over]

No seriously. It was all about the Backstreet Boys and all that crap back in the day.
    Then I moved into rap until I realized that basically anybody can do it if you can rhyme and sound horrible.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I actually had a terrible taste and I used to listen to stuff like britney spears and N-Sync. Now I listen to classy tasteful music. Heavy Metal, Rock, Some punk you know the classy stuff!

This, and it was mainly because my sister listened to those songs and I didn't bother listening to other music.

Nowadays though I listen to pretty much what he mentioned, but I only started in early summer. :/

I also listen to other genres on occasion, just to see if I can expand my tastes.

Verkaufer

bis zum bitteren ende
    Years
  • Pop, stuff that would eventually appear on Kidz Bop. Then I listened to Linkin Park (oh god) around 4th or 5th grade.

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
  • When I first got into music I was listening to rap. But then I got into the good stuff: metal. And recently I've gotten into prog, which is quite cool.

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    when i was younger i used to be a little emo kid and listen to all rock music.
    now i listen to mostly pop, rap, r&b, techno - all that good stuff.
    i'd also like to add that ANY song remade by the cast of "glee" is brilliant, aswell. <3

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • When I was younger, I ... almost forced myself to like music that was "cool", aka heavy metal, screamo, rock, rap, metal pots clanging, etc. >_> Ew.

Now, I'm more expressive of my taste and music and what I REALLY like. More of pop, and things that actually have a beat to it. I pretty much only listen to pop, and occasionally rock if it has a nice catchy beat rather than random instruments. <3

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    I used to listen to soft kid pop like Hilary Duff. I have three CDs by her. D: And then I kind of moved on when my mom caved in and bought me a Lindsay Lohan CD (she isn't that bad a singer, you know... just a little unoriginal and emo). Then I got into stuff like Evanescence and Linkin Park. Worst phase of my life. Finally, I've moved on and I listen to a variety of music now. :'D Guitar Hero and Rockband were awesome investments.

My dad influenced me into liking stuff like ABBA (Dancing Queen, ohyes) and Black Sabbath. xD

Back