Progressing ROM Hacks This forum is for ROM hacks which are currently in production, but not yet finished. Come and find a ROM hack that's starting out, or post your own for others to see! For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #401    
Old November 4th, 2012 (2:07 PM).
U.Flame's Avatar
U.Flame U.Flame is offline
Suuuper Busy
     
    Join Date: Jun 2008
    Location: Sapphire City in future Hoenn
    Age: 22
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Jolly
    Posts: 1,254
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pink Parka Girl View Post
    Pre-alpha bugs/other things that have been fixed:
    -You can choose Picture Two now and not appear as a Leaf recolor. Hurrah!
    -When you die, you spawn where you're supposed to, not in glitchy areas on the outsides of the maps. This was the most difficult part to do as it required hex editing and repointing the flight table and all that sort of lovely fun stuff.
    -Selecting the Long Stick from the bag while on the overworld no longer glitches the game.
    -You are no longer able to get "stuck" in the hidden room within Golden Trail.
    -A few small movement permission/tile errors have been found and corrected.
    -The Tangle Thicket puzzle gives you a hint to make it easier to try and solve.
    -The "bushes" which worked like the PC storage system are now for item-storage only. You will never have more than five team members at a time (plus you, the Hero), as they join and leave your company as the plot goes on.
    -There are a few more items, although in keeping with the spirit of the game they're (mostly) still invisible and you have to hunt for them. Food is scare and requires effort, young Pichu!
    -Mini Dungeons now contain visible healing squares as a sort of "freebie" (but not larger dungeons). They can still only be used once, however.
    -Flash-born (wild pokemon) levels have been raised to be more challenging.

    Bugs that still exist in the game include occasional strange errors with Pansy the Beautifly's mugshot (the image that appears when she speaks), and text boxes that sometimes appear for just a split seconds when the Hero warps.
    Are these fixes planned or already applied to the download?
    __________________
    Hacks I'm working on:
    Pokemon Sapphire Hoenn's Rebirth - My own hack, making progress whenever possible.
    3rd Gen Multiplayer Project - Research and development, occasionally testing, sometimes with support.
    Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.
    Animal Crossing Wild World playing as an animal - experimental, messing with models and textures

    Hacks I've worked on in the past:
    Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline (pre-reboot) - Assisted with maps
    Pokemon HeartGold Prince Boo Edition - Experimental project with three small changes. Made at the request of YouTube LPer PrinceBoo21.

    Been super busy with work, life, and laptop problems. Hopefully I can get back into it soon, I fear I'm already rusty. Meanwhile I'm considering writing some of my hacks as a series of fanfics.

    Times I've been ninja'd: 18
    Times I've ninja'd people: 3

    Relevant Advertising!

      #402    
    Old November 4th, 2012 (10:22 PM).
    mew_nani's Avatar
    mew_nani mew_nani is offline
    Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
       
      Join Date: Jan 2010
      Location: Far Lands
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Brave
      Posts: 1,753
      This game is amazing! It's like FF and Pokemon all rolled up in one! :D

      This is a really original hack. The story, the graphics, the dungeons; EVERYTHING in this game is unique. I can't wait for the actual alpha to come out; I'm really anxious to see what happens next.
      __________________

      I support:

      R.I.P Isaac J. Southerland Jr.
      1946 - 2017
        #403    
      Old November 9th, 2012 (1:05 PM).
      lizzzz's Avatar
      lizzzz lizzzz is offline
      I want to be the very best!
         
        Join Date: Nov 2012
        Location: Illinois
        Age: 26
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 36
        This hack looks amazing! I can't wait for the official alpha version to be released! This is such an intuitive hack!
          #404    
        Old November 26th, 2012 (12:22 AM).
        XeroNos's Avatar
        XeroNos XeroNos is offline
           
          Join Date: Jan 2011
          Location: Finding new Challenges !!
          Age: 27
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Brave
          Posts: 3,015
          Completed the game and I must say it was good . Found many tile errors and stuff but realized its just a pre-alpha so leaved that thought. Please continue this hack as it is one of its kind in Pokecommunity
            #405    
          Old December 3rd, 2012 (1:52 PM). Edited December 3rd, 2012 by Perri Lightfoot.
          Perri Lightfoot's Avatar
          Perri Lightfoot Perri Lightfoot is offline
          Proud to hack Ruby Version!
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Mar 2008
          Location: Nevada
          Age: 31
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Modest
          Posts: 176
          Got bad news for you all I WAS doing my damnedest to release the alpha today - a task that took a LOT of work and not nearly enough sleep or food over the past couple days - but when I actually sat down and play tested, I found a severe bug that freezes the game immediately after the intro I have to go to a fairly old backup in order to try and fix it, but as soon as I do I WILL get that alpha out, I promise!

          I swear, I could feel my heart plummet when the game crashed on me like that. I hope you can all bear with me....but in the meantime, I can offer a few screens to make up for it.


          Hey, it's Tara!


          Rowan - formerly known as Aspen - and the mysterious Ozymandias...


          Hmm, what's this place?


          This "dungeon" is made up of four chambers of increasingly difficult Sokoban puzzles (as hard as they can be with a single "box", at least, which is all I've managed to figure out how to script so far). Solve them to get to the center chamber, where...


          It's this Rowan dork again. He battles you. It's hard.
          __________________
          Signature under construction. Watch this space~
            #406    
          Old December 3rd, 2012 (3:33 PM).
          Pinkish Purple's Avatar
          Pinkish Purple Pinkish Purple is offline
          五代目水影
          • Silver Tier
           
          Join Date: Aug 2012
          Location: Kirigakure
          Age: 18
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Naughty
          Posts: 368
          Hai there, I am quite new to this thread so I am not really very angry that you couldn't release an alpha. I have seen some of your videos prolly back in 2011 or early 2012. They were awesome, needless to say. Your designing is good and as far as I can remember, the mapping and definitely the scripting is good. This hack feels so simple yet so intense. I like it alot, good luck on it
          __________________
            #407    
          Old December 3rd, 2012 (11:58 PM).
          XeroNos's Avatar
          XeroNos XeroNos is offline
             
            Join Date: Jan 2011
            Location: Finding new Challenges !!
            Age: 27
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Brave
            Posts: 3,015
            Thats good that you are here again as I thoght you are gone for a long time. Very sorry to hear about your efforts which were ruined. Hopefully those stupid problems are over for your sake.
              #408    
            Old December 6th, 2012 (5:36 PM).
            mew_nani's Avatar
            mew_nani mew_nani is offline
            Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
               
              Join Date: Jan 2010
              Location: Far Lands
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Brave
              Posts: 1,753
              My apologies about the ROM screwing up like that. Boy do I know that feeling.... =_=

              Anyway the screenshots look really good and I can't wait for the alpha! :D
              __________________

              I support:

              R.I.P Isaac J. Southerland Jr.
              1946 - 2017
                #409    
              Old December 9th, 2012 (10:45 PM).
              KitsuneLugia96's Avatar
              KitsuneLugia96 KitsuneLugia96 is offline
              Trainer Silver
                 
                Join Date: Dec 2012
                Location: Ecruteak City, Johto
                Age: 20
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 28
                This is great, keep up the good work! :D
                __________________

                POKEMON SILVER SHADOWS
                Pokemon Hack Series - Silver's Journeys
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zADnU40NuYw&feature=plcp
                  #410    
                Old December 14th, 2012 (7:03 AM).
                Perri Lightfoot's Avatar
                Perri Lightfoot Perri Lightfoot is offline
                Proud to hack Ruby Version!
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2008
                Location: Nevada
                Age: 31
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Modest
                Posts: 176
                Finally, after a bit of a delay, the Super Rising Thunder! Alpha release is here!

                What's in the Alpha?

                -Everything you saw in the Pre-Alpha!
                -A complete Golden Trail, a new Mini-Dungeon, and a second full dungeon, Blackriver! (all that's missing is the tail end of a cutscene).
                -Previously unrevealed dialogue and the full scripts all those screenshots came from :D
                -Less bugs!
                -Multi-stone Sokoban! (I figured out how to script it in the least cheater-friendly way possible)
                -No more Jersey Quest cameos in the intro. In fact, the intro is gone entirely.

                *Bug Fixes/Additions from the Pre-Alpha:
                -You can choose Picture Two now and not appear as a Leaf recolor. Hurrah!
                -When you die, you spawn where you're supposed to, not in glitchy areas on the outsides of the maps. This was the most difficult part to do as it required hex editing and repointing the flight table and all that sort of lovely fun stuff.
                -Selecting the Long Stick from the bag while on the overworld no longer glitches the game.
                -You are no longer able to get "stuck" in the hidden room within Golden Trail.
                -A few small movement permission/tile errors have been found and corrected.
                -The Tangle Thicket puzzle gives you a hint to make it easier to try and solve.
                -The "bushes" which worked like the PC storage system are now for item-storage only. You will never have more than five team members at a time (plus you, the Hero), as they join and leave your company as the plot goes on.
                -There are a few more items, although in keeping with the spirit of the game they're (mostly) still invisible and you have to hunt for them. Food is scare and requires effort, young Pichu!
                -Mini Dungeons now contain visible healing squares as a sort of "freebie" (but not larger dungeons). They can still only be used once, however.
                -Flash-born (wild pokemon) levels have been raised to be more challenging.

                Well, what about the bugs?


                -There are still a few small issues with warps as of Alpha 2. Sometimes, when you warp to another map, a dialogue box pops up for a split second, or your character may randomly take a step. I don't know why this happens, but it does. It does not break the game in any way.
                -Pansy the Beautifly's mugshot is still prone to glitching.
                -Some minor dialogue boxes may not have been changed yet (I caught all the ones I could, but a few may have slipped past!) If you notice any relics from Jersey Quest or the original Ruby ROM, please tell me.

                The ROM is locked for fairly obvious reasons - one puzzle is already easily exploitable with savestate cheating (Though I hope you won't do that. Sucks the fun out ' ); and I don't want people going in to Advance Map to see where all the items and traps and healing spots are, and to simply cheat their way through. Cheating will severely diminish the fun

                Anyway, there you have it! This is a .UPS file, so if you do not know how to patch one of these, read this: http://www.ehow.com/how_10043236_apply-ups-patches-gba-rom.html , and download the UPS Patcher here: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/519/ . You need a Ruby (AXVE) ROM.

                May your holidays be merry and bright, and I hope you enjoy FINALLY having a proper Alpha! :D Please point out any and all bugs or tile errors I may have missed, and to leave general concrit and/or praise. You guys are why I ROM hack still after all, despite how busy I can get!
                Attached Files
                File Type: zip Pokemon Rising Thunder Alpha 2.zip‎ (958.0 KB, 160 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                __________________
                Signature under construction. Watch this space~
                  #411    
                Old December 14th, 2012 (1:41 PM).
                mikethepokemaster's Avatar
                mikethepokemaster mikethepokemaster is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2011
                  Location: kanto region
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Jolly
                  Posts: 304
                  this is my first time playing your hack and gotta say i love what your doing so far and can't wait more releases from you . im still in the beginning but i love it.
                    #412    
                  Old December 14th, 2012 (11:40 PM).
                  XeroNos's Avatar
                  XeroNos XeroNos is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Jan 2011
                    Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                    Age: 27
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Brave
                    Posts: 3,015
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Pink Parka Girl View Post
                    Finally, after a bit of a delay, the Super Rising Thunder! Alpha release is here!

                    What's in the Alpha?

                    -Everything you saw in the Pre-Alpha!
                    -A complete Golden Trail, a new Mini-Dungeon, and a second full dungeon, Blackriver! (all that's missing is the tail end of a cutscene).
                    -Previously unrevealed dialogue and the full scripts all those screenshots came from :D
                    -Less bugs!
                    -Multi-stone Sokoban! (I figured out how to script it in the least cheater-friendly way possible)
                    -No more Jersey Quest cameos in the intro. In fact, the intro is gone entirely.

                    *Bug Fixes/Additions from the Pre-Alpha:
                    -You can choose Picture Two now and not appear as a Leaf recolor. Hurrah!
                    -When you die, you spawn where you're supposed to, not in glitchy areas on the outsides of the maps. This was the most difficult part to do as it required hex editing and repointing the flight table and all that sort of lovely fun stuff.
                    -Selecting the Long Stick from the bag while on the overworld no longer glitches the game.
                    -You are no longer able to get "stuck" in the hidden room within Golden Trail.
                    -A few small movement permission/tile errors have been found and corrected.
                    -The Tangle Thicket puzzle gives you a hint to make it easier to try and solve.
                    -The "bushes" which worked like the PC storage system are now for item-storage only. You will never have more than five team members at a time (plus you, the Hero), as they join and leave your company as the plot goes on.
                    -There are a few more items, although in keeping with the spirit of the game they're (mostly) still invisible and you have to hunt for them. Food is scare and requires effort, young Pichu!
                    -Mini Dungeons now contain visible healing squares as a sort of "freebie" (but not larger dungeons). They can still only be used once, however.
                    -Flash-born (wild pokemon) levels have been raised to be more challenging.

                    Well, what about the bugs?


                    -There are still a few small issues with warps as of Alpha 2. Sometimes, when you warp to another map, a dialogue box pops up for a split second, or your character may randomly take a step. I don't know why this happens, but it does. It does not break the game in any way.
                    -Pansy the Beautifly's mugshot is still prone to glitching.
                    -Some minor dialogue boxes may not have been changed yet (I caught all the ones I could, but a few may have slipped past!) If you notice any relics from Jersey Quest or the original Ruby ROM, please tell me.

                    The ROM is locked for fairly obvious reasons - one puzzle is already easily exploitable with savestate cheating (Though I hope you won't do that. Sucks the fun out ' ); and I don't want people going in to Advance Map to see where all the items and traps and healing spots are, and to simply cheat their way through. Cheating will severely diminish the fun

                    Anyway, there you have it! This is a .UPS file, so if you do not know how to patch one of these, read this: http://www.ehow.com/how_10043236_apply-ups-patches-gba-rom.html , and download the UPS Patcher here: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/519/ . You need a Ruby (AXVE) ROM.

                    May your holidays be merry and bright, and I hope you enjoy FINALLY having a proper Alpha! :D Please point out any and all bugs or tile errors I may have missed, and to leave general concrit and/or praise. You guys are why I ROM hack still after all, despite how busy I can get!
                    Awesome PPG awesome. I was waiting ages for this and finally a dream coming true. Good luck for the future
                      #413    
                    Old December 15th, 2012 (9:04 AM).
                    GXS's Avatar
                    GXS GXS is offline
                    <---Following Red ;P
                    • Silver Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2011
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 44
                    I have a quick question, I'm stuck at the second major dungeon (the one where you team up with the butterfly, I forgot it's name) and I saw a little cut scene about alligned rocks but I can't get any farther. Is this the end of the alpha? Btw this game is amazing please finish it eventually because I am in love with it.
                    __________________



                    ~Credit To Impo For The Beautiful Trainer Card~
                      #414    
                    Old December 15th, 2012 (1:32 PM).
                    Perri Lightfoot's Avatar
                    Perri Lightfoot Perri Lightfoot is offline
                    Proud to hack Ruby Version!
                    • Crystal Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2008
                    Location: Nevada
                    Age: 31
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Modest
                    Posts: 176
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by GXS View Post
                    I have a quick question, I'm stuck at the second major dungeon (the one where you team up with the butterfly, I forgot it's name) and I saw a little cut scene about alligned rocks but I can't get any farther. Is this the end of the alpha? Btw this game is amazing please finish it eventually because I am in love with it.
                    Nope, the alpha goes farther than that You see a cutscene about the rocks because they are important - try talking to them. They are in fact a puzzle that leads to an underground chamber, where the item that lets you progress past the Graveler lurking at the dungeon's end is waiting.
                    __________________
                    Signature under construction. Watch this space~
                      #415    
                    Old December 15th, 2012 (8:08 PM). Edited December 16th, 2012 by DrFuji.
                    GXS's Avatar
                    GXS GXS is offline
                    <---Following Red ;P
                    • Silver Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2011
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 44
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Pink Parka Girl View Post
                    Nope, the alpha goes farther than that :) You see a cutscene about the rocks because they are important - try talking to them. They are in fact a puzzle that leads to an underground chamber, where the item that lets you progress past the Graveler lurking at the dungeon's end is waiting. :)
                    ahh ok thanks. Once again I'm loving this :D

                    Actually I've talked to every rock on the map and none of them want to talk back... did I do something wrong?
                    __________________



                    ~Credit To Impo For The Beautiful Trainer Card~
                      #416    
                    Old December 15th, 2012 (9:35 PM).
                    Perri Lightfoot's Avatar
                    Perri Lightfoot Perri Lightfoot is offline
                    Proud to hack Ruby Version!
                    • Crystal Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2008
                    Location: Nevada
                    Age: 31
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Modest
                    Posts: 176
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by GXS View Post
                    Actually I've talked to every rock on the map and none of them want to talk back... did I do something wrong?
                    Did you notice that the six rocks that triggered the cutscene made a sound when you spoke to them? These six rocks reveal a secret chamber when you "talk" to them in the correct order. You have to listen for the sounds - a sort of ding sound means you've got the pattern correct so far, while a rough en-en sound means you made a mistake and have to start the puzzle over. If you've ever played the game Simon, it's much like this. You have to find the pattern through trial and error though listening to the sounds to reveal the hidden chamber.
                    __________________
                    Signature under construction. Watch this space~
                      #417    
                    Old December 15th, 2012 (9:52 PM). Edited December 15th, 2012 by GXS.
                    GXS's Avatar
                    GXS GXS is offline
                    <---Following Red ;P
                    • Silver Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2011
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 44
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Pink Parka Girl View Post
                    Did you notice that the six rocks that triggered the cutscene made a sound when you spoke to them? These six rocks reveal a secret chamber when you "talk" to them in the correct order. You have to listen for the sounds - a sort of ding sound means you've got the pattern correct so far, while a rough en-en sound means you made a mistake and have to start the puzzle over. If you've ever played the game Simon, it's much like this. You have to find the pattern through trial and error though listening to the sounds to reveal the hidden chamber.
                    Well that would explain it haha, I was playing with sound disabled to save battery on my phone emulator.

                    *****Btw i might have found a bug, but you might already know about it. Beautifly's speech icon looks inverted, heres a pic(just ignore the onscreen buttons haha)

                    http://imgur.com/II8LY*****

                    ****I just saw this in the known bugs list... whoops***

                    But I do see a bug that isn't on the list, its a sprite glitch. After you access one of those PC storage bushes the icon changes into 1/4th of an orange...
                    http://imgur.com/zeXAR

                    And how far into black river can we get? im there right now but it seems like I can't progress. Sorry if I'm asking too much
                    __________________



                    ~Credit To Impo For The Beautiful Trainer Card~
                      #418    
                    Old December 15th, 2012 (11:35 PM).
                    Perri Lightfoot's Avatar
                    Perri Lightfoot Perri Lightfoot is offline
                    Proud to hack Ruby Version!
                    • Crystal Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2008
                    Location: Nevada
                    Age: 31
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Modest
                    Posts: 176
                    I did know about the bush glitch, a sprite edit can probably fix it but thank you for telling me! As for Blackriver, just walk about to find hidden warp tiles it is a complete dungeon
                    __________________
                    Signature under construction. Watch this space~
                      #419    
                    Old December 16th, 2012 (5:10 AM). Edited December 16th, 2012 by DrFuji.
                    pixelperfect87's Avatar
                    pixelperfect87 pixelperfect87 is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Dec 2012
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 4
                      Lol I died to the Nincada in Tangle Thicket... Drain Trap drained Quick Attack :(
                      But this is a good game:)

                      Quote:
                      Lol I died to the Nincada in Tangle Thicket... Drain Trap drained Quick Attack
                      But this is a good game
                      Just realized I was playing Pre-Alpha. >.<
                      __________________

                      GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
                        #420    
                      Old December 16th, 2012 (6:14 AM).
                      MoosePlus's Avatar
                      MoosePlus MoosePlus is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2012
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 9
                        this game is pretty great so far! =)
                        one minor hitch though. i can't get pass the 2nd sokoban puzzle! (that's what it is right?)
                        i got all three rocks are on a red tile each but i can't continue. or must a specific rock be on a specific tile?
                          #421    
                        Old December 16th, 2012 (11:52 AM). Edited December 16th, 2012 by U.Flame.
                        U.Flame's Avatar
                        U.Flame U.Flame is offline
                        Suuuper Busy
                           
                          Join Date: Jun 2008
                          Location: Sapphire City in future Hoenn
                          Age: 22
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Jolly
                          Posts: 1,254
                          The strange writing found in that secret room...some of it looks like cornscript. Did you get some symbols from Pokemon Quartz?

                          Also, would it be possible to remove the possibility of shiny encounters? If the only recruitable Pokemon are story-related, it must be heartbreaking to find a shiny flash-born.

                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by MoosePlus View Post
                          this game is pretty great so far! =)
                          one minor hitch though. i can't get pass the 2nd sokoban puzzle! (that's what it is right?)
                          i got all three rocks are on a red tile each but i can't continue. or must a specific rock be on a specific tile?
                          Yeah...just got there. I'm having the same problem too.
                          __________________
                          Hacks I'm working on:
                          Pokemon Sapphire Hoenn's Rebirth - My own hack, making progress whenever possible.
                          3rd Gen Multiplayer Project - Research and development, occasionally testing, sometimes with support.
                          Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.
                          Animal Crossing Wild World playing as an animal - experimental, messing with models and textures

                          Hacks I've worked on in the past:
                          Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline (pre-reboot) - Assisted with maps
                          Pokemon HeartGold Prince Boo Edition - Experimental project with three small changes. Made at the request of YouTube LPer PrinceBoo21.

                          Been super busy with work, life, and laptop problems. Hopefully I can get back into it soon, I fear I'm already rusty. Meanwhile I'm considering writing some of my hacks as a series of fanfics.

                          Times I've been ninja'd: 18
                          Times I've ninja'd people: 3
                            #422    
                          Old December 16th, 2012 (5:07 PM).
                          swarleyboy9871's Avatar
                          swarleyboy9871 swarleyboy9871 is offline
                          ace
                             
                            Join Date: Sep 2012
                            Location: location location location
                            Age: 18
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Naive
                            Posts: 7
                            will some one please just give me the download info thing please
                            __________________
                            SWARLEY OUT


                            Name: Sandra
                            Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
                              #423    
                            Old December 16th, 2012 (9:04 PM).
                            GXS's Avatar
                            GXS GXS is offline
                            <---Following Red ;P
                            • Silver Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Jun 2011
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 44
                            Okay i found a pretty big bug. If you die while fighting the shiny vulpix you don't get sent to the preveous dungeon, you get teleported to a rock with a pikachu on it which i think means you skip a whole dungeon, heres a pic of what I mean:
                            http://imgur.com/ex7xR
                            If you need me to explain how to replecate this in more detail just ask, but now im stuck in the room. I might have an old savestate but who knows how old it is.


                            And on a different note I saw my first ever shiny today, too bad you can't catch pokemon in this game, it was a beauty :'(
                            http://imgur.com/sAPun
                            __________________



                            ~Credit To Impo For The Beautiful Trainer Card~
                              #424    
                            Old December 16th, 2012 (11:49 PM).
                            XeroNos's Avatar
                            XeroNos XeroNos is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Jan 2011
                              Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                              Age: 27
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Brave
                              Posts: 3,015
                              When I played the pre-alpha I got confused with those 6 rocks as I tried doing everything at them but nothing happened. probably as I now learnt that I have to keep ON my emulator sound to solve that puzzle.:D
                                #425    
                              Old December 17th, 2012 (3:50 AM). Edited December 17th, 2012 by Perri Lightfoot.
                              Perri Lightfoot's Avatar
                              Perri Lightfoot Perri Lightfoot is offline
                              Proud to hack Ruby Version!
                              • Crystal Tier
                               
                              Join Date: Mar 2008
                              Location: Nevada
                              Age: 31
                              Gender: Female
                              Nature: Modest
                              Posts: 176
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
                              The strange writing found in that secret room...some of it looks like cornscript. Did you get some symbols from Pokemon Quartz?
                              I just randomly scribbled designs to create the strange writing - resemblances to Cornscript are entirely unintentional! I guess there's only so many ways you can create a squiggle when you don't have very much room to make one in XD

                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
                              Also, would it be possible to remove the possibility of shiny encounters? If the only recruitable Pokemon are story-related, it must be heartbreaking to find a shiny flash-born.
                              I've wondered about this same question, since I HAVE found a shiny while playtesting (a Sentret. Shiny Furret is one of my favorites ). If it is possible, it would be ASM based and not something I could do myself - but if someone else with more talent wants to explore this idea, they're more than welcome to It is a heartbreak - GXS a few posts below you actually had it happen to him

                              As for Sokoban puzzles a few of you were asking about, yes, it has to be specific rocks on specific spots, as explained by the disembodied voice at the dungeon's start. I created a video to demonstrate how they work, since the scripting of the puzzles had to be a bit convoluted in order for it to A. work at all, and B. be as cheaterproof as I could make it:



                              @GXS: THANK YOU for bringing that bug to my attention! That is one I did not know about (Dying to the Vulpix is supposed to return you to the start of Blackriver - I know just what the problem is. I forgot to fix the flight position when I had to script and map this dungeon over again due to the ROM breaking; and when work gives me a break I'll release a patch with this bug repaired as soon as I can Until then, I recommend everyone save before challenging Argo the Vulpix, and to simply reload if they die.

                              Also, I worked hard on adding in those Final Fantasy tunes, shame on all you people for muting the game~ (This is a joke, of course XD ) But in the future I'll have to remember to use visual clues - honest to Arceus, the entire time I was working on that puzzle it never once hit me that people who play with the emulator muted would be totally lost. It's odd how the most obvious things can slip past you when you're in the heat of working on a project!
                              __________________
                              Signature under construction. Watch this space~
                              Closed Thread
                              Quick Reply

                              Sponsored Links
                              Thread Tools

                              Posting Rules
                              You may not post new threads
                              You may not post replies
                              You may not post attachments
                              You may not edit your posts

                              BB code is On
                              Smilies are On
                              [IMG] code is On
                              HTML code is Off

                              Forum Jump


                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:34 AM.