Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #76    
Old November 28th, 2009 (2:16 AM).
RocketA81 RocketA81 is offline
     
    Join Date: Nov 2009
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 1
    I am wondering if you have a pallet editor to the GBA pokemon games?

    Relevant Advertising!

      #77    
    Old November 28th, 2009 (3:02 AM).
    Wichu's Avatar
    Wichu Wichu is offline
    Project Amethyst
       
      Join Date: Sep 2007
      Location: North Herts, England
      Age: 24
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Naive
      Posts: 2,051
      Have you never heard of APE?
      __________________
        #78    
      Old November 28th, 2009 (4:58 PM). Edited November 28th, 2009 by Full Metal.
      Full Metal's Avatar
      Full Metal Full Metal is offline
      C(++) Developer.
      • Silver Tier
       
      Join Date: Jan 2008
      Location: In my mind.
      Age: 22
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Timid
      Posts: 806
      also guys....
      wouldn't turning the pokemon sprite editor into a trainer sprite editor be as easy as modding the ini?
      I haven't actually looked at the ini, but still....
      ?
      (goes to look, if my assumption is correct, i'll post a new INI in ROM hacking resources...)
      *edit*
      Okay...i found the table for the trainer sprites, but not the trainer class table, and also, the thought occured to me....
      It would be kinda smart to make the program (sprite editor that is) ask the user if he/she wants to edit the trainer sprites/pokemon sprites, that way it can do both, and would make the code a little bit cleaner...course i don't know wut ur code looks like so yea...If i were you, i would just add 3 more lines to the ini, and the right interpretation.
      the lines are:
      trainerspritetable=0x--XX++
      trainerclasstable=0x==YY**
      trainerspritetotal=ZZZ
      and that would really be all you had to do, except also be able to read uncompressed pics, because i tried using my modded .ini, and eh...wieell....it gave me that NOT COMPRESSED error. Which is why i suggested asking the user if he/she wants to edit pokemon/trainers after loading the ROM
      Just a little bit 'o friendly, possibly pointless advice.
      __________________

      ★ full metal.

      I like to push it,
      and push it,
      until my luck is over.
        #79    
      Old December 1st, 2009 (10:32 AM).
      Blaniel's Avatar
      Blaniel Blaniel is offline
      Graphic designer/spriter
         
        Join Date: Nov 2009
        Age: 22
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 26
        doesnt work on my pc (win xp: home)
        any particular reason why this would happen?
        It wont open.... all it shows me is: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135).Click on OK to terminate the application.

        [ OK ]
        __________________
        In some parallel universe we are all dead.

          #80    
        Old December 1st, 2009 (11:53 AM).
        onyx79's Avatar
        onyx79 onyx79 is offline
        Red Dead Revolver
           
          Join Date: Jan 2009
          Location: Orange Islands (=
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Modest
          Posts: 503
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Blaniel View Post
          doesnt work on my pc (win xp: home)
          any particular reason why this would happen?
          It wont open.... all it shows me is: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135).Click on OK to terminate the application.


          [ OK ]
          because you need to download microsoft net framework google it.
          __________________
          my room base: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5397075&postcount=64
            #81    
          Old December 1st, 2009 (6:37 PM).
          Team Rocket's Raichu Team Rocket's Raichu is offline
          Bye-Bye!
             
            Join Date: Mar 2009
            Age: 22
            Posts: 534
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Full Metal View Post
            also guys....
            wouldn't turning the pokemon sprite editor into a trainer sprite editor be as easy as modding the ini?
            I haven't actually looked at the ini, but still....
            ?
            (goes to look, if my assumption is correct, i'll post a new INI in ROM hacking resources...)
            *edit*
            Okay...i found the table for the trainer sprites, but not the trainer class table, and also, the thought occured to me....
            It would be kinda smart to make the program (sprite editor that is) ask the user if he/she wants to edit the trainer sprites/pokemon sprites, that way it can do both, and would make the code a little bit cleaner...course i don't know wut ur code looks like so yea...If i were you, i would just add 3 more lines to the ini, and the right interpretation.
            the lines are:
            trainerspritetable=0x--XX++
            trainerclasstable=0x==YY**
            trainerspritetotal=ZZZ
            and that would really be all you had to do, except also be able to read uncompressed pics, because i tried using my modded .ini, and eh...wieell....it gave me that NOT COMPRESSED error. Which is why i suggested asking the user if he/she wants to edit pokemon/trainers after loading the ROM
            Just a little bit 'o friendly, possibly pointless advice.
            Well that sucks. Couldn't you just try to compress it or something. :/

            Or couldn't you just try again; maybe you made just a little mistake. I'm a hacker not a tool maker, so I don't know. Maybe you could try asking Wichu or HackMew. * Shrugs*
            __________________

            I'm a supermod of that forum.

            I've left, bye PC.
              #82    
            Old December 2nd, 2009 (10:21 AM).
            Wichu's Avatar
            Wichu Wichu is offline
            Project Amethyst
               
              Join Date: Sep 2007
              Location: North Herts, England
              Age: 24
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Naive
              Posts: 2,051
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Full Metal View Post
              also guys....
              wouldn't turning the pokemon sprite editor into a trainer sprite editor be as easy as modding the ini?
              I haven't actually looked at the ini, but still....
              ?
              (goes to look, if my assumption is correct, i'll post a new INI in ROM hacking resources...)
              *edit*
              Okay...i found the table for the trainer sprites, but not the trainer class table, and also, the thought occured to me....
              It would be kinda smart to make the program (sprite editor that is) ask the user if he/she wants to edit the trainer sprites/pokemon sprites, that way it can do both, and would make the code a little bit cleaner...course i don't know wut ur code looks like so yea...If i were you, i would just add 3 more lines to the ini, and the right interpretation.
              the lines are:
              trainerspritetable=0x--XX++
              trainerclasstable=0x==YY**
              trainerspritetotal=ZZZ
              and that would really be all you had to do, except also be able to read uncompressed pics, because i tried using my modded .ini, and eh...wieell....it gave me that NOT COMPRESSED error. Which is why i suggested asking the user if he/she wants to edit pokemon/trainers after loading the ROM
              Just a little bit 'o friendly, possibly pointless advice.
              It's only designed to load Pokémon sprites. The trainer sprite table might use a different format to the Pokémon sprite table, which would give you the same error.

              Well, since the demand is pretty high, I'll add a trainer sprite editor to my to-do list. So far, it would be:
              Cry editor
              Footprint editor
              Trainer sprite editor
              Easy script creator
              __________________
                #83    
              Old December 3rd, 2009 (3:42 PM).
              Shadow_Knux's Avatar
              Shadow_Knux Shadow_Knux is offline
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2009
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Brave
                Posts: 25
                This sprite editor is by far the most useful thing I've downloaded since Advance Map.

                Just one question though: Is there a way to overwrite the older sprites? I tried using the "Front Sprite Offset" that the program listed, but it wouldn't let me use it when writing to the ROM. And UNLZ.gba still shows the old sprite when you go to that index. I just don't wanna use up all my free space for sprites, lol.
                __________________
                  #84    
                Old December 3rd, 2009 (3:56 PM).
                Full Metal's Avatar
                Full Metal Full Metal is offline
                C(++) Developer.
                • Silver Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2008
                Location: In my mind.
                Age: 22
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Timid
                Posts: 806
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
                It's only designed to load Pokémon sprites. The trainer sprite table might use a different format to the Pokémon sprite table, which would give you the same error.

                Well, since the demand is pretty high, I'll add a trainer sprite editor to my to-do list. So far, it would be:
                Cry editor
                Footprint editor
                Trainer sprite editor
                Easy script creator
                Naww...i checked it myself
                If i rememberzz correctly...they are both..
                spriteptr, 4 bytes (maybe the pallette? i haven't checked...), spriteptr...
                so yea...afaik they're the same, but i could be wrong
                __________________

                ★ full metal.

                I like to push it,
                and push it,
                until my luck is over.
                  #85    
                Old December 3rd, 2009 (11:02 PM).
                0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
                0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
                Im comin' home...
                • Silver Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2008
                Location: Superjail Penitentiary
                Age: 24
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Gentle
                Posts: 1,812
                Well, aside from all the other things you are GOING to add, the footprint editor already exists...
                I SURE people didn't know that, since they are asking for one, but to save you the trouble, a great one already exists... though if you want the pointers to the data...

                00D3058C is the pointer to the first footprint

                Each Footprint is 32 Bytes long

                Good Luck
                __________________
                >Boot Jailbot
                >Pass *****
                .
                .
                Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
                Greetings Warden
                of Superjail Penitentiary
                Awaiting user input...

                >Display User_Info
                ╠══User Info══╣
                Username:
                0m3GA ARS3NAL
                Age: 18
                Sex: Male ♂
                Race: Caucasian
                Quote:
                "What is this
                I don't even..."

                M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
                ╠══End of File══╣
                Awaiting user input...

                >
                  #86    
                Old December 4th, 2009 (9:19 AM).
                Wichu's Avatar
                Wichu Wichu is offline
                Project Amethyst
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2007
                  Location: North Herts, England
                  Age: 24
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Naive
                  Posts: 2,051
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Shadow_Knux View Post
                  This sprite editor is by far the most useful thing I've downloaded since Advance Map.

                  Just one question though: Is there a way to overwrite the older sprites? I tried using the "Front Sprite Offset" that the program listed, but it wouldn't let me use it when writing to the ROM. And UNLZ.gba still shows the old sprite when you go to that index. I just don't wanna use up all my free space for sprites, lol.
                  You could use the 'Set Write Offset' function; however, this won't guarantee that you don't overwrite other data, so it's not recommended. The sprite editor inserts both sprites and both palettes right after each other, making it harder to check whether there is enough free space to do so. I can implement this in the next version if you want.

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
                  Well, aside from all the other things you are GOING to add, the footprint editor already exists...
                  I SURE people didn't know that, since they are asking for one, but to save you the trouble, a great one already exists... though if you want the pointers to the data...

                  00D3058C is the pointer to the first footprint

                  Each Footprint is 32 Bytes long

                  Good Luck
                  I just searched it on Google. The only one I could find wasn't very good; it didn't allow you to import an image (you had to edit it pixel by pixel), had inbuilt offsets (i.e. it would be complicated to edit them if you repoint the footprints), and had no support for Emerald. I think a new footprint editor would be pretty useful. Thanks for the offset :)
                  __________________
                    #87    
                  Old December 4th, 2009 (11:14 AM).
                  0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
                  0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
                  Im comin' home...
                  • Silver Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Jan 2008
                  Location: Superjail Penitentiary
                  Age: 24
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Gentle
                  Posts: 1,812
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
                  You could use the 'Set Write Offset' function; however, this won't guarantee that you don't overwrite other data, so it's not recommended. The sprite editor inserts both sprites and both palettes right after each other, making it harder to check whether there is enough free space to do so. I can implement this in the next version if you want.



                  I just searched it on Google. The only one I could find wasn't very good; it didn't allow you to import an image (you had to edit it pixel by pixel), had inbuilt offsets (i.e. it would be complicated to edit them if you repoint the footprints), and had no support for Emerald. I think a new footprint editor would be pretty useful. Thanks for the offset
                  If you found the one by Mewthree Inc. then you got the one I have...
                  And of course you can't import an image, the images aren't really images, more like bit by bit... least in my theory... I tried editing it with a hex editor, bad idea, lol.
                  If you want to make one, go ahead, but it isn't exactly as important as some of the otehr stuff you have planned...
                  __________________
                  >Boot Jailbot
                  >Pass *****
                  .
                  .
                  Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
                  Greetings Warden
                  of Superjail Penitentiary
                  Awaiting user input...

                  >Display User_Info
                  ╠══User Info══╣
                  Username:
                  0m3GA ARS3NAL
                  Age: 18
                  Sex: Male ♂
                  Race: Caucasian
                  Quote:
                  "What is this
                  I don't even..."

                  M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
                  ╠══End of File══╣
                  Awaiting user input...

                  >
                    #88    
                  Old December 4th, 2009 (12:55 PM).
                  Shadow_Knux's Avatar
                  Shadow_Knux Shadow_Knux is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Jan 2009
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Brave
                    Posts: 25
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
                    You could use the 'Set Write Offset' function; however, this won't guarantee that you don't overwrite other data, so it's not recommended. The sprite editor inserts both sprites and both palettes right after each other, making it harder to check whether there is enough free space to do so. I can implement this in the next version if you want.
                    That'd be a great function to add to it. I would definitely use it! It would be really helpful for anyone wishing to conserve space.
                    __________________
                      #89    
                    Old December 5th, 2009 (12:02 PM).
                    onyx79's Avatar
                    onyx79 onyx79 is offline
                    Red Dead Revolver
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2009
                      Location: Orange Islands (=
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Modest
                      Posts: 503
                      Quote:
                      Well, since the demand is pretty high, I'll add a trainer sprite editor to my to-do list. So far, it would be:
                      Cry editor
                      Footprint editor
                      Trainer sprite editor
                      Easy script creator
                      wow those 4 tools would be awesome!
                      can you explain how the easy script creator would work?,it's sound interesting
                      __________________
                      my room base: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5397075&postcount=64
                        #90    
                      Old December 6th, 2009 (4:03 AM).
                      Micael Alighieri's Avatar
                      Micael Alighieri Micael Alighieri is offline
                      Helix Boo / Lord Kaktus, ex-member from Whack a Hack!
                         
                        Join Date: Apr 2008
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Lonely
                        Posts: 97
                        OMG! This is so wonderful!!! See you next time, UNLZ GBA Thank you, this tool is very useful!

                        I haven't any error for now.
                          #91    
                        Old December 6th, 2009 (4:39 AM).
                        Wichu's Avatar
                        Wichu Wichu is offline
                        Project Amethyst
                           
                          Join Date: Sep 2007
                          Location: North Herts, England
                          Age: 24
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Naive
                          Posts: 2,051
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by onyx79 View Post
                          wow those 4 tools would be awesome!
                          can you explain how the easy script creator would work?,it's sound interesting
                          Have you ever used RPG Maker? Instead of having to type out all your script commands, you can just click a button, select the parameters, and it will do the rest for you... I've been asked to make something similar; it will basically turn button clicks into a script which you can then edit manually or compile with a script editor.
                          __________________
                            #92    
                          Old December 6th, 2009 (9:07 AM).
                          Shadow_Knux's Avatar
                          Shadow_Knux Shadow_Knux is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Jan 2009
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Brave
                            Posts: 25
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
                            Have you ever used RPG Maker? Instead of having to type out all your script commands, you can just click a button, select the parameters, and it will do the rest for you... I've been asked to make something similar; it will basically turn button clicks into a script which you can then edit manually or compile with a script editor.
                            That sounds like one of the best things ever.
                            __________________
                              #93    
                            Old December 10th, 2009 (6:38 PM).
                            CrashmanX's Avatar
                            CrashmanX CrashmanX is offline
                            Mechamon
                               
                              Join Date: Jun 2008
                              Age: 24
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Relaxed
                              Posts: 116
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
                              Have you ever used RPG Maker? Instead of having to type out all your script commands, you can just click a button, select the parameters, and it will do the rest for you... I've been asked to make something similar; it will basically turn button clicks into a script which you can then edit manually or compile with a script editor.
                              POKEMON RPG MAKER GO!!!!

                              If only nintendo released a Pokemon RPG Maker type game....
                              __________________

                              Credit to DragonSoul for the signature
                                #94    
                              Old December 10th, 2009 (8:51 PM).
                              sky_queen3's Avatar
                              sky_queen3 sky_queen3 is offline
                              Mimikyu is cute :3
                                 
                                Join Date: Feb 2009
                                Location: Australia
                                Age: 27
                                Gender: Female
                                Nature: Naive
                                Posts: 263
                                Link to foot print editor please if it really does exist?
                                __________________
                                Mimic me, mimic you
                                  #95    
                                Old December 12th, 2009 (8:35 AM).
                                MC50 MC50 is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Aug 2006
                                  Gender:
                                  Nature: Adamant
                                  Posts: 28
                                  Hi Wichu, thanks for the programs, just, I am getting an error message in the sprite editor whenever I go to save changes or write to rom.

                                  Even if I don't import a new sprite, it will give me this error even if i just change the colours on the existing sprite.

                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by PC
                                  The error is Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click continue the application will ignore blah blah blah,

                                  Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

                                  ************** Exception Text **************
                                  System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
                                  at Sprite_Editor.RomFunctions.ConvertStringToByteArray(String& str)
                                  at Sprite_Editor.SpriteData.GetCompressedData(Int32 species)
                                  at Sprite_Editor.Form1.WriteToROMButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                                  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
                                  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
                                  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
                                  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
                                  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
                                  at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
                                  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
                                  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
                                  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
                                  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
                                  I even tried some of the older versions and it gives me the same messages whenever I try to save.

                                  Your other two work fine. I guess its a setting on my computer but I wouldn't know, maybe you do?

                                  Thanks.
                                    #96    
                                  Old December 12th, 2009 (11:46 AM).
                                  Wichu's Avatar
                                  Wichu Wichu is offline
                                  Project Amethyst
                                     
                                    Join Date: Sep 2007
                                    Location: North Herts, England
                                    Age: 24
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Naive
                                    Posts: 2,051
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by CrashmanX View Post
                                    POKEMON RPG MAKER GO!!!!

                                    If only nintendo released a Pokemon RPG Maker type game....
                                    It's possible to make Pokémon games in RPG Maker anyway :P
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by nhockool1002 View Post
                                    oh no !!!!!!! Errors :"> :">
                                    It might help if you told me the error you're getting... Have you installed the Microsoft .NET framework?
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by MC50 View Post
                                    Hi Wichu, thanks for the programs, just, I am getting an error message in the sprite editor whenever I go to save changes or write to rom.

                                    Even if I don't import a new sprite, it will give me this error even if i just change the colours on the existing sprite.



                                    I even tried some of the older versions and it gives me the same messages whenever I try to save.

                                    Your other two work fine. I guess its a setting on my computer but I wouldn't know, maybe you do?

                                    Thanks.
                                    Hmm... If the other two work fine, it can't be just your computer. I'm guessing that there's a setting on it that's interfering with the tool, though... I'll attempt to find and fix this for the next release.
                                    __________________
                                      #97    
                                    Old December 13th, 2009 (4:37 AM).
                                    giradialkia's Avatar
                                    giradialkia giradialkia is offline
                                    • Crystal Tier
                                     
                                    Join Date: Apr 2009
                                    Location: Ireland
                                    Age: 23
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Timid
                                    Posts: 1,563
                                    Excellent, there's support for Emerald now! It was so worth the wait! (although it's probably been there for ages, I just haven't checked in a while). Anyway, kudos go to Wichu for this brilliant show of tool making:D. These are honestly the best sprite editing/replacement tools I've ever seen. I'm ecstatic that icon editing is now proper, kinda like Pokepic (but better, I think that only supported Ruby? It only ever worked on Ruby for me). And now I can finally switch my hack over to Emerald! MEGAW00T. Excellent!
                                    Ok I'm rambling now. Thanks, Wichu
                                    __________________

                                    I'm working on an album of Pokémon-inspired music. Check out the Soundcloud link if you're interested!


                                    This is my Soundcloud | | This is my bandcamp
                                      #98    
                                    Old December 21st, 2009 (2:43 PM).
                                    rockeymon's Avatar
                                    rockeymon rockeymon is offline
                                    Real life Silver Shirubaa
                                       
                                      Join Date: Nov 2007
                                      Location: Mahora Academy.
                                      Nature: Serious
                                      Posts: 229
                                      Thank you alot Wichu I was affraid of what would happen if I couldn't add Sinnoh pokemon to my hack xD.
                                      __________________
                                      PalPad Info:
Name: Soul
FC: 5242 9096 3237
                                        #99    
                                      Old December 24th, 2009 (8:06 AM).
                                      onyx79's Avatar
                                      onyx79 onyx79 is offline
                                      Red Dead Revolver
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jan 2009
                                        Location: Orange Islands (=
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Modest
                                        Posts: 503
                                        hmmm when you'll realese the trainer sprite editor?
                                        since you've done a sprite editor for all the pokemon's trainer sprite editor will be very easy for you since there are like 30 trainer sprites(I don't really know)so it's not so much....
                                        __________________
                                        my room base: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5397075&postcount=64
                                          #100    
                                        Old December 28th, 2009 (7:26 AM).
                                        Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
                                        Tropical Sunlight Tropical Sunlight is offline
                                        The Faltine
                                           
                                          Join Date: Mar 2008
                                          Location: Slovenia
                                          Age: 21
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 3,572
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by myokan View Post
                                          uh if this website is supposed to help hack pokemon games, where can I get a pokemon pearl map editor?
                                          Try making your own Pearl Map Editor, because no one has ever suceeded making it. The closest one would be Mastermind_X who has the ability to display Pokemon D/P map models.
                                          __________________
                                          Closed Thread
                                          Quick Reply

                                          Sponsored Links
                                          Thread Tools

                                          Posting Rules
                                          You may not post new threads
                                          You may not post replies
                                          You may not post attachments
                                          You may not edit your posts

                                          BB code is On
                                          Smilies are On
                                          [IMG] code is On
                                          HTML code is Off

                                          Forum Jump


                                          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:32 AM.