Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.

TrollandToad.com
View Poll Results: What type of menù/ alternate screen would fit Garnet better?
Touch screen! 701 71.90%
Side screen! (like the Carbon one for the position) 244 25.03%
Other! (please explain in the topic) 30 3.08%
Voters: 975. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #876    
Old February 26th, 2012 (2:15 PM).
Cabe's Avatar
Cabe Cabe is offline
     
    Join Date: Sep 2011
    Location: La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    Age: 28
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Jolly
    Posts: 51
    This is really great! this game is the main reason why i registered in Pokecommunity! And it keeps getting better all the time. Pokemon Garnet beta release will be a much bigger event than Pokemon Black 2 & White 2's. Cheers for this game! Keep up the great work!

    (my english might not be THAT good, i'm aware of that... lol)

    Relevant Advertising!

      #877    
    Old February 26th, 2012 (5:57 PM).
    Reuniclus978 Reuniclus978 is offline
       
      Join Date: Feb 2012
      Age: 21
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 4
      Downloadable content for in game expansions?! Hmm, I'm curious as to what kinds of expansions. More pokemon, storyline, moves?
        #878    
      Old February 26th, 2012 (6:01 PM).
      Fraot's Avatar
      Fraot Fraot is offline
      Researcher & Game Developer
         
        Join Date: Jun 2008
        Location: Somewhere on earth...
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quiet
        Posts: 325
        Hey! I love the stroke on your font! I stopped development of my game because I could never ever manage to place stroke on the letters.
        __________________
        Pokémon Pure Version. It's gone now. Buh-bye Nohmen Region! Nobody will miss you because no one had the chance to meet you.

        And also... a new Megaman X game is coming. Megaman X: Maverick Wars.
          #879    
        Old February 28th, 2012 (12:44 PM).
        mercurysky's Avatar
        mercurysky mercurysky is offline
           
          Join Date: Apr 2009
          Nature: Careful
          Posts: 94
          Some updates today!


          Those are some "calm screenies" (i noticed i tend to post mostly "impressive" places and ruins... XD) from Route 5 and Aeol Valley (the second one has been taken from a piece of the intro i'm working on, rather than the normal visit of the place).


          And also, a piece of music from our composer Tobinus: this is the main theme of Pokémon Garnet. It's mainly a minor sale version of the main theme (therefore the "important, serious" sound) with interesting rythm and style twists (especially at the end). Enojoy!
          __________________
          ~Pokémon Garnet Version development leader èwé~


          DA Profile




            #880    
          Old February 28th, 2012 (3:20 PM).
          wilso's Avatar
          wilso wilso is offline
          Grass Master
             
            Join Date: Feb 2010
            Location: AUSTRALIA
            Age: 20
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Hardy
            Posts: 106
            omg your killing me wiht this suspense on wating for the game O.o so awsome
              #881    
            Old February 28th, 2012 (5:12 PM).
            Cabe's Avatar
            Cabe Cabe is offline
               
              Join Date: Sep 2011
              Location: La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
              Age: 28
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Jolly
              Posts: 51
              Again, this keeps getting better and better. I think you could create a whole new style (is it right to say "a new stream"?) of pokemon fangames with this! (hopefuly the official games will follow...). The RPGish music with winds and such, plus the unique pallette makes it really great! That video blew my mind. Go Garnet!
                #882    
              Old February 29th, 2012 (1:06 AM).
              blackmage856's Avatar
              blackmage856 blackmage856 is offline
                 
                Join Date: Dec 2007
                Age: 25
                Gender:
                Nature: Quiet
                Posts: 153
                Wow the new screenshots are really nice love when there is lots of pokemon on the maps.
                __________________


                  #883    
                Old February 29th, 2012 (5:46 AM).
                tobinus's Avatar
                tobinus tobinus is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2011
                  Location: Norway
                  Age: 22
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Lax
                  Posts: 17
                  I just wanted to make a post here to show that I'm on PokéCommunity too, haha! I'm glad to see that my music is appreciated by so many! If you want to give me feedback on the music then feel free to do so, the music isn't written in stone so I may still make improvements and so on, which is why I value constructive feedback so much

                  As for Pokémon Garnet... all of the screens look beautiful, and I simply cannot wait to see how it'll turn out. The two themes I've composed so far were pretty much inspired by those screenshots! It's easy to be make great themes when all the work the rest of the team does is so awesome :D
                  __________________
                  My Youtube channel - One of the Pokémon Garnet Composers!!
                    #884    
                  Old February 29th, 2012 (7:02 AM).
                  Xavier_PokeNation's Avatar
                  Xavier_PokeNation Xavier_PokeNation is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2011
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 50
                    200+ fakemons, that's crazy :O

                    Specially when they are really good, I'm amazed :p
                    __________________

                      #885    
                    Old February 29th, 2012 (7:22 AM).
                    Awkward Squirtle Awkward Squirtle is offline
                    ,@,e .ºoO
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2011
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 110
                      The slope in the first screen looks odd... The sharp edges look out of place next to the softness of the other tiles.

                      Also, unless you make a script to fix it, when you walk up the slope your character will still walk directly to the right, ruining the immersion.
                        #886    
                      Old February 29th, 2012 (7:36 AM).
                      ƑŲ₡₭ḮЙ Blue's Avatar
                      ƑŲ₡₭ḮЙ Blue ƑŲ₡₭ḮЙ Blue is offline
                      Banned
                         
                        Join Date: Feb 2012
                        Gender: Female
                        Posts: 16
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Awkward Squirtle View Post
                        The slope in the first screen looks odd... The sharp edges look out of place next to the softness of the other tiles.

                        Also, unless you make a script to fix it, when you walk up the slope your character will still walk directly to the right, ruining the immersion.
                        To be honest your right. I thought it was a ramp when I first saw it... Aren't slopes more round looking, not going just straight up?
                          #887    
                        Old February 29th, 2012 (7:40 AM).
                        help-14's Avatar
                        help-14 help-14 is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Jul 2007
                          Location: Viet Nam
                          Age: 25
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Adamant
                          Posts: 282
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Awkward Squirtle View Post
                          The slope in the first screen looks odd... The sharp edges look out of place next to the softness of the other tiles.

                          Also, unless you make a script to fix it, when you walk up the slope your character will still walk directly to the right, ruining the immersion.
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by ƑŲ₡₭ḮЙ Blue View Post
                          To be honest your right. I thought it was a ramp when I first saw it... Aren't slopes more round looking, not going just straight up?
                          Actually i wil fix that with a script
                            #888    
                          Old February 29th, 2012 (11:25 AM). Edited February 29th, 2012 by fenyx4.
                          fenyx4's Avatar
                          fenyx4 fenyx4 is offline
                          HOENN CONFIRMED!
                             
                            Join Date: Aug 2008
                            Location: Stuck in Generation 3 :(
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Timid
                            Posts: 1,761
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by mercurysky View Post
                            Some updates today!


                            Those are some "calm screenies" (i noticed i tend to post mostly "impressive" places and ruins... XD) from Route 5 and Aeol Valley (the second one has been taken from a piece of the intro i'm working on, rather than the normal visit of the place).


                            And also, a piece of music from our composer Tobinus: this is the main theme of Pokémon Garnet. It's mainly a minor sale version of the main theme (therefore the "important, serious" sound) with interesting rythm and style twists (especially at the end). Enojoy!

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by tobinus View Post
                            I just wanted to make a post here to show that I'm on PokéCommunity too, haha! I'm glad to see that my music is appreciated by so many! If you want to give me feedback on the music then feel free to do so, the music isn't written in stone so I may still make improvements and so on, which is why I value constructive feedback so much

                            As for Pokémon Garnet... all of the screens look beautiful, and I simply cannot wait to see how it'll turn out. The two themes I've composed so far were pretty much inspired by those screenshots! It's easy to be make great themes when all the work the rest of the team does is so awesome :D
                            I'll comment on some other aspects of the game later (particularly the new Fakemon), but the screens above are beautiful.

                            Awesome job with the music compositions, Tobinus! The theme for Shadefern Forest is simply wonderful; I love the sense of tranquility and quietness that it exudes. :cer_nod: And I agree with others who have commented; it does sound like something from The Legend of Zelda series, along with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and/or Golden Sun. I was a bit surprised when I first found out that the video automatically loops/looped by itself. :cer_laugh:

                            As for Pokemon Garnet's title theme (Version 1) that was posted, that was an excellent composition! The part between 1:29 and 1:34 was very awesome; I kind of wish it was slightly extended (while preserving the parts before and after it) in order to possibly give the ending a more "complete feel". Also, I'm wondering if it would be possible to incorporate the 0:00-0:12 part of the classic Pokemon theme (this video containing the tune I'm referencing) and then lead into the title theme for Garnet Version. As an example, the opening for Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Versions manages to slightly remix that part I'm referencing from 0:35-0:50, and still has its own "independent" theme starting at 0:51 onwards.
                            Finally, the ending of Garnet's title theme kind of reminds me of a triumphant seafaring voyage theme as well as RuneScape music for some reason. XD Again, stellar work on the musical pieces.

                            And to show my appreciation for the tracks (and in the hope that other visitors can also hear their awesomeness); I've added entries for Garnet Version's "Title Theme (version 1)" and "Shadefern Forest" to the Crowning Music of Awesome page for Pokemon music on TVTropes (they can be seen in the "Fan Games/ROM Hacks" section of the page near the bottom).

                            Keep up the great work with the terrific visuals and the music for Garnet Version!
                            __________________
                            "The balance of power has shifted." Regret | Solemnity | ElitenessIntensity

                            Currently in intermittent forum activity for 2017. ;_; Credit to Game Freak for avatar and signature. @Fenyx4 on Bulbapedia for more about me. Tune into TOONAMI!
                              #889    
                            Old March 1st, 2012 (5:54 AM).
                            migorado migorado is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Feb 2012
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 1
                              I love this videogame. I think is better than pokemon black 2 and pokemon white 2.
                                #890    
                              Old March 1st, 2012 (3:53 PM).
                              Tofutheenderman's Avatar
                              Tofutheenderman Tofutheenderman is offline
                              Uncommon User
                                 
                                Join Date: Feb 2012
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 86
                                So where is the download link? Or is still on work?
                                  #891    
                                Old March 1st, 2012 (5:54 PM).
                                Rayd12smitty's Avatar
                                Rayd12smitty Rayd12smitty is offline
                                Shadow Maker
                                   
                                  Join Date: Dec 2011
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 647
                                  Seriously? Have you even read the threads? Its a work in process? A demos coming out in may.
                                  __________________
                                    #892    
                                  Old March 1st, 2012 (6:21 PM).
                                  interstate8's Avatar
                                  interstate8 interstate8 is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jan 2011
                                    Location: New Zealand
                                    Age: 24
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Calm
                                    Posts: 4
                                    The graphics of this game are unbelievable and the fakemon fit in perfectly. The only (slight) criticism I could have of this game so far is that some of the screenshots look a little crowded.
                                      #893    
                                    Old March 1st, 2012 (10:29 PM).
                                    LanceReaper's Avatar
                                    LanceReaper LanceReaper is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Aug 2011
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 2
                                      I like the title music for the game a lot. It has a Zelda feeling to it, Which is never a bad thing. Ever.
                                        #894    
                                      Old March 2nd, 2012 (12:44 AM).
                                      game-box.us's Avatar
                                      game-box.us game-box.us is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Mar 2012
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 9
                                        wow, guys.. all these games here are "fan creations" ?? I can't believe it, looks so professional like some Sony or Nintendo company developed it...

                                        I am making a flash game "Pokemon Tower Defence: Kanto" (very different from the current distributed old flash game with same name... so I had to add 'Kanto' to customize the used name..) and want to ask other developers how they're monetizing their games? or is this just a fan creation, for fun?

                                        This one for example - took probably hundreds of hours to develop. Is it made just for fun? and will be freely released and available?

                                        My flash game (I developed 5-6 small kids games last year, published on mochigames) will be promoting my flash arcade website a little, and bring more players to the website. But the main reason is to release a normal good looking tower defence game with pokemons .

                                        And I'm thinking, all others who make these RPG games (x10 times longer to develop than a flash game I think) - how do they benefit from it?

                                        Thanks.
                                          #895    
                                        Old March 2nd, 2012 (6:15 AM). Edited March 2nd, 2012 by Cabe.
                                        Cabe's Avatar
                                        Cabe Cabe is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Sep 2011
                                          Location: La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
                                          Age: 28
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Jolly
                                          Posts: 51
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by game-box.us View Post
                                          wow, guys.. all these games here are "fan creations" ?? I can't believe it, looks so professional like some Sony or Nintendo company developed it...

                                          I am making a flash game "Pokemon Tower Defence: Kanto" (very different from the current distributed old flash game with same name... so I had to add 'Kanto' to customize the used name..) and want to ask other developers how they're monetizing their games? or is this just a fan creation, for fun?

                                          This one for example - took probably hundreds of hours to develop. Is it made just for fun? and will be freely released and available?

                                          My flash game (I developed 5-6 small kids games last year, published on mochigames) will be promoting my flash arcade website a little, and bring more players to the website. But the main reason is to release a normal good looking tower defence game with pokemons .

                                          And I'm thinking, all others who make these RPG games (x10 times longer to develop than a flash game I think) - how do they benefit from it?

                                          Thanks.
                                          I really feel like saying this again... You already made two posts speaking of free distribution. Every game in pokecommnunity is free, made from fans to fans. Also, making money with Pokémon's copyrighted content is a crime, so even if everybody would forget about the FAN thing (that means, doing this only for fun), this would still have to be free.

                                          The only exception is "Pokemon monster style MMORPG", they changed the pokeballs into hexagonal ugly boxes named "monster boxes" and thy have copyrights... Same with every move, item and so.

                                          Hope i answered your question. And please stop insinuating people they should get any profit from fan-game developement, this is not a bussiness. Pretending to make money is the difference between pokemon fans and bussiness men. You won't have any answers about "monetizing games" here.
                                            #896    
                                          Old March 2nd, 2012 (7:05 AM).
                                          Genesect's Avatar
                                          Genesect Genesect is offline
                                          Team Plasma Failure
                                             
                                            Join Date: Jul 2011
                                            Location: Southeast Asia, Earth
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Adamant
                                            Posts: 57
                                            What is mercurysky's DeviantArt?

                                            Oh and, this game is a graphic masterpiece! The tiles are absolutely gorgeous <3
                                            __________________
                                            Don't talk Trubbish just because you sell Timburr if you still talk Trubbish, I swear I will throw Garbodor. Mwhahaha :D
                                              #897    
                                            Old March 2nd, 2012 (7:07 AM).
                                            Echidna's Avatar
                                            Echidna Echidna is offline
                                            i don't care what's in your hair
                                            • Platinum Tier
                                             
                                            Join Date: Aug 2010
                                            Location: Illinois
                                            Age: 23
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Brave
                                            Posts: 2,082
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by mercurysky View Post
                                            Some updates today!


                                            Those are some "calm screenies" (i noticed i tend to post mostly "impressive" places and ruins... XD) from Route 5 and Aeol Valley (the second one has been taken from a piece of the intro i'm working on, rather than the normal visit of the place).
                                            The first screen is amazing! I'm loving the tiles and the OWs. However, I feel that the shading on the slope is a bit off, but still.
                                            For the second screen, it's brilliant to say the least. I absolutely adore the colors! Nice going. The only thing I feel is off is the fan of the windmill. It seems over-pixelated and too monochromatic. I suppose in this particular case, a darker border would do, although I technically hate dark outlined tiles.
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by mercurysky View Post
                                            And also, a piece of music from our composer Tobinus: this is the main theme of Pokémon Garnet. It's mainly a minor sale version of the main theme (therefore the "important, serious" sound) with interesting rythm and style twists (especially at the end). Enojoy!
                                            This is BRILLIANT! Like I said before, the themes and music in Garnet were my only concern. I have no more concerns now :D Simply beautiful, no changes whatsoever are needed
                                            __________________
                                            but my taste in music is your face
                                              #898    
                                            Old March 2nd, 2012 (7:40 AM).
                                            Tofutheenderman's Avatar
                                            Tofutheenderman Tofutheenderman is offline
                                            Uncommon User
                                               
                                              Join Date: Feb 2012
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Posts: 86
                                              This game....Its looks freaking brilliant! In the same time i feel like a sad panda because i can't play this on my iPod...Oh well it still looks pretty sick for the computer even better looking the pokemon Black and white.
                                                #899    
                                              Old March 2nd, 2012 (9:58 AM).
                                              Aénex Aénex is offline
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Jan 2012
                                                Posts: 50
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by Genesect View Post
                                                What is mercurysky's DeviantArt?

                                                Oh and, this game is a graphic masterpiece! The tiles are absolutely gorgeous <3
                                                His dA is Hydrarigrium I believe.
                                                  #900    
                                                Old March 2nd, 2012 (2:14 PM).
                                                tobinus's Avatar
                                                tobinus tobinus is offline
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Feb 2011
                                                  Location: Norway
                                                  Age: 22
                                                  Gender: Male
                                                  Nature: Lax
                                                  Posts: 17
                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by fenyx4 View Post

                                                  Awesome job with the music compositions, Tobinus! The theme for Shadefern Forest is simply wonderful; I love the sense of tranquility and quietness that it exudes. :cer_nod: And I agree with others who have commented; it does sound like something from The Legend of Zelda series, along with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and/or Golden Sun. I was a bit surprised when I first found out that the video automatically loops/looped by itself. :cer_laugh:
                                                  That's actually a YouTube "bug" - if you put a pause annotation at the end of a video, it will loop. It happened by chance for me
                                                  As for your comments, thank you very much! I really like Zelda and PMD, so I may very well have been influenced by them. The beautiness of the LoZ music and the "catchiness" of the PMD music fascinates me.

                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by fenyx4 View Post
                                                  As for Pokemon Garnet's title theme (Version 1) that was posted, that was an excellent composition! The part between 1:29 and 1:34 was very awesome; I kind of wish it was slightly extended (while preserving the parts before and after it) in order to possibly give the ending a more "complete feel". Also, I'm wondering if it would be possible to incorporate the 0:00-0:12 part of the classic Pokemon theme (this video containing the tune I'm referencing) and then lead into the title theme for Garnet Version. As an example, the opening for Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Versions manages to slightly remix that part I'm referencing from 0:35-0:50, and still has its own "independent" theme starting at 0:51 onwards.
                                                  Finally, the ending of Garnet's title theme kind of reminds me of a triumphant seafaring voyage theme as well as RuneScape music for some reason. XD Again, stellar work on the musical pieces.
                                                  I will do an experiment and see what it sounds like if I (most likely) double the length of the part you mention. As for your suggestion about the "Pokémon Intro Battle" theme.. I view the Title Theme and the Opening Theme as two different themes. I therefore did not include that piece of music, since I probably will use it for the opening (I hope) Whenever I make the opening theme, I may take another look at the title theme, so that it goes hand-in-hand with the opening.

                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by fenyx4 View Post
                                                  And to show my appreciation for the tracks (and in the hope that other visitors can also hear their awesomeness); I've added entries for Garnet Version's "Title Theme (version 1)" and "Shadefern Forest" to the Crowning Music of Awesome page for Pokemon music on TVTropes (they can be seen in the "Fan Games/ROM Hacks" section of the page near the bottom).

                                                  Keep up the great work with the terrific visuals and the music for Garnet Version!
                                                  Haha, thank you so much again! I didn't know about that page, but seeing my name on the list feels... special! xD
                                                  __________________
                                                  My Youtube channel - One of the Pokémon Garnet Composers!!
                                                  Closed Thread

                                                  Quick Reply

                                                  Join the conversation!

                                                  Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                                  Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                                  Sponsored Links
                                                  Thread Tools

                                                  Posting Rules
                                                  You may not post new threads
                                                  You may not post replies
                                                  You may not post attachments
                                                  You may not edit your posts

                                                  BB code is On
                                                  Smilies are On
                                                  [IMG] code is On
                                                  HTML code is Off

                                                  Forum Jump


                                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:45 AM.