• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The X Factor

Kazukii

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 2, 2009
(Thread for the Brit's)

So, we're into the live shows for The X Factor.

Who are you supporting and who do you think'll go far?

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 5, 2015
You know who I don't think will go far? Any of the groups. They are the most shoddy category this year. :|

But I'm supporting the over 25's this year. And Lloyd - mostly because he sang Justin Timberlake well which makes him a winner. And maybe Rachel. I haven't decided. :>

Kazukii

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 2, 2009
Nah, I like the group Miss Frank. I think they're good & gel quite well.
Danyl was really good although it was funny watching him sing a Dream Girls song xD

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 5, 2015
I don't particularly agree. I rather think that the groups this year haven't been very good at all. Miss Frank are the best, but they're not all that good.

Danyl's brilliant - even though he does more harmonising than actual singing. XD;

Kazukii

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 2, 2009
Miss Frank could be really good if Louis brings out the best in them (which he probably won't).

Danyl did sing it pretty well.

I hated how Simon said Jamie Archer's performance was in another league to the others. It wasn't.

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 5, 2015
Louis doesn't have the knack of bringing out the best in people, it has to be said. It previous years, his acts haven't won because he hasn't chosen the right songs for them - except for JLS, but I believe they were the ones making the decisions.

I don't think anyone particularly outshine the others last night. For starting performances, they were fairly basic and didn't have an amazing amount of depth. I felt like last night was just them getting comfortable with the stage and just .. well, showing off their voices, really.

Kazukii

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 2, 2009
Louis is a pretty weak mentor. Even with JLS he didn't bring out the best in them. Some weeks he continued to give them corny songs that didn't match the genre they were meant to be in.

Yeah, they were just getting to grips with being on a live singing show I reckon. I am praying we say goodbye to the twins tonight.

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 5, 2015
The thing with Louis is he's so stuck in the ways of boy bands. He thinks corny songs are what appeals to the audience; which, granted, in some cases it does. But more and more people find those sort of songs to only work with particular boy bands. JLS didn't fit into that category at all and that's why some weeks they weren't the nation's favourite.
Of course, I could sing praises about JLS so I would blame Louis for them being in the bottom two or whatever. They totally should've won.

What I think is gonna happen is that the groups are going to go first and then the boys. I'll be honest, the choices Cheryl made were not the right ones. :|

Kazukii

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 2, 2009
Olly Murs shouldn't have gotten through to the finals.. Treyc or Nicole should have gone through in the Over 25's.

I agree it would have been nice to see JLS win. Well they've been a bigger success than Alexandra Burke (so far) But I hear Alexandra Burke's got a new song with Flo Rida..

The Boys category was weak this year anyway.

Years
Im happy as long as those HORRIBLE irish twins dont win! im sure thats like a billion to one chance :) but w/e, they suck

I agree the groups are pretty weak, i did like Miss Frank but now, they bore me slightly.

and obviously i wnat Danyl to win! He da man! ^_^

Years
My Sisiter was outraged that Tracey didnt get through to the live shows.

John & Edward really annoy me! They just can't sing, they can only (hardly) entertain. Louis mad a very bad choice, they definately wont win!

Either one of the singers from Simon's or Dani's groups will win this year. Lucie was stunning last night along with Danyl, I feel very sorry for him because some of the critiscm was slightly harsh.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
I agree with Fiona here. Most of the groups are just average and some really didn't deserve to go through. Yes twins, I'm looking at you. My vote to win this year is probably Danyl - he's talented, good looking and confident. He looks like he'll take top prize.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2015
I'mma supporting that Danyl guy.
Mumma doesn't like him but i think he's alright.

And I *dislike* John and whathisname..

Years
I think Danyl and Jamie were good. And Stacie has a good voice but her attitude is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying. XD

It was unfair of Louis to put John and Edward through, on both J&E themselves and the other group (forgot) that would have been better.

I also think it was unfair on Danyl having to sing a girls' song. :\

P.S JLS suck.

Years
OMG! :O WTH are the twins still doing in the X Factor. Your ruining the friggin show! Simon's criticism is what you are.

As for Danyl, what are the public doing to him? Putting him in the bottom 2...

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
Years
The Twins are still in why? D=

I love Danyl. Lloyd is a cutie. Olly just has... Something.

Something about Lucie that I love. Her performance the other night was sensational. Even if she did "sing it like an actress."

But to win? I can't really decide. =\

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
Years
I have to agree with the general consensus - WHY are John and Edward still in?! They are much less talented than Miss Frank, and they aren't even good performers. I spend their whole songs wanting to curl up in a ball and cry.

As for who I'd like to see win; Danyl is my winner. He's really got the X-factor.

Back