• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Hide Post Count

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
Years
Now, I am unsure if this topic has been brought up before (it probably has) But anyway, could there be an option in user CP with the option to hide our post count?

It shouldn't be much of a problem considering all the people around here going "oh post count doesn't matter" so why not have the option to hide it? It's pointless sure, but i for one don't really care for it and would like to hide it.

So, it's just a suggestion, discuss, do what you will :P i wouldn't mind this feature though.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Basically saying, seeing as post count really doesn't matter and says nothing about the user I see no need to implement a new feature for it. Unlike gender, age, location, etc. Post Count doesn't give any personal information that one may not wish to share to others. Plus, noting how many posts one may have can actually resolve a problem such as why one cannot place an image in their post, or attach a link. So, as much as post count isn't a big deal on the forum, I see no need to put in a feature just to hide something that isn't of much importance to someone.

Posts show staff and other users just how active a member may be, and can be utilized for certain criterias on the forum in some cases. So, as it is not important on how much you may have, it is still important for other things. Plus, I haven't seen a forum yet that hides the amount of posts a user may have, as it is just a traditional part of a forum.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
Years
How about Post count is displayed on the profile, but not in whatevr you call the bar where it normally is? :P

That way, if you want to know how many you have, or you want to know about a certain member, you can - but because it isn't showed next to the post, it doesn't carry the implications like how rep did.

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
Years
Plus, noting how many posts one may have can actually resolve a problem such as why one cannot place an image in their post, or attach a link. So, as much as post count isn't a big deal on the forum, I see no need to put in a feature just to hide something that isn't of much importance to someone.

I really don't see any new member joining and turning it off. I do agree it could cause a problem, like frequent posts saying "i can't post an image" But i see it being like barely ever, 'cause like i said, no new member is going to fiddle around with their settings right when they join.

Posts show staff and other users just how active a member may be, and can be utilized for certain criterias on the forum in some cases. So, as it is not important on how much you may have, it is still important for other things.

That's quite an easy fix, tbh. It can be made so if the member decides to hide their post count then admins/mods can still possibly see it, considering if the code or whatever is made that way. Also, like Armoire of Invincibility said, it's easy to still show up in your profile page.

Plus, I haven't seen a forum yet that hides the amount of posts a user may have, as it is just a traditional part of a forum.

Many of the major game forums actually don't show post count, rather they show pips that show how active the user is, same goes for the xbox.com forums. If you never seen one, then PC must be one of the few forums you visit :o

How about Post count is displayed on the profile, but not in whatevr you call the bar where it normally is?

Some people like showing off how many posts they have, so i don't think the majority of them would want it removed (assuming that is what you ment lol). I however think it's a great idea that if this is implemented it will still show only many posts in your profile, like it already is..

Edit:

I think this idea is getting overshadowed because people think i want the actual post count removed from the side. All i want is an OPTION to hide it, i'm not requesting it, i'm simply asking if it can be implemented, i see no harm done with it at all.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
That would be useful. I think. But i don't think it's right, we should let others see what we have done. On the other hand, we have the right to hide it; i don't know, i'm confused. XD

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
Years
That would be useful. I think. But i don't think it's right, we should let others see what we have done. On the other hand, we have the right to hide it; i don't know, i'm confused. XD

That's the thing, it's optional just like a bunch of other stuff, all you would do was check an option if you would like to hide it, it's not really THAT big of a deal, and if it's made the way i suggested (still showing post count on their profile page) i don't think it's that big of a problem.

Back