Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.

View Poll Results: What region should I add after Kanto?
Johto 181 43.72%
Hoenn 57 13.77%
Sinnoh 47 11.35%
Orre 129 31.16%
Voters: 414. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #126    
Old January 21st, 2010 (4:03 PM).
Poeman Poeman is offline
Banned
     
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Age: 22
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 760
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GFA View Post
    You shouldn't be using 3rd Gen Style OW's with 4th Gen Style Backgrounds. It blends like stone milk-shake
    WIN
    poepoe are approve of this!
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #127    
    Old January 21st, 2010 (6:28 PM).
    |Maximus|'s Avatar
    |Maximus| |Maximus| is offline
    I'm back~
       
      Join Date: Aug 2007
      Age: 21
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 842
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Zephyr+ View Post
      I'm really liking what you've got so far, especially that intro. I'm hoping to see some fakemon soon-- you ARE using fakemon, yeah?

      For your bank system, it's a great idea that I can't believe hadn't caught on before now. I think you can make the interface more elegant, though. Show the quantity you have on hand and deposited in the bank at all times, so the player doesn't have to go back and forth from the "balance" tab if they want to deposit all their money. And instead of not depositing anything when they select more money than they have, just deposit everything the player has on hand.
      Thanks! I appreciate that. I was considering showing the quantity.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Minions123 View Post
      Yep... we do make a fuss out of JPEG images. I hate to see them! I like the battle system scene. It's okay, in my opinion.
      Thanks

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Rajoute View Post
      Looks nice

      but what about the battle animations ? Will there be some of them ? (not everytime the same animation)
      Um...maybe I will add a few, I am not sure. But, don't expect anything in the demo.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by blendaz View Post
      Looks much more nicer from last time i checked the thread ... but i still don\'t like the FR/LG style ... Anyway - intro, battle scene and bank system got my eye and I wish u good luck!

      Keep working on it and you will surely have much more interesting ideas popping out of ur brain! xD
      It's actually kind of in HGSS style now. You still don't like it?

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by GFA View Post
      You shouldn't be using 3rd Gen Style OW's with 4th Gen Style Backgrounds. It blends like stone milk-shake
      Stone milk-shake? What?!
      And what do you mean 3rd gen style OW's with 4th gen style Backgrounds?
      Reply With Quote
        #128    
      Old January 23rd, 2010 (4:30 PM). Edited January 23rd, 2010 by |Maximus|.
      |Maximus|'s Avatar
      |Maximus| |Maximus| is offline
      I'm back~
         
        Join Date: Aug 2007
        Age: 21
        Nature: Adamant
        Posts: 842
        I'm really sorry for the lack of updates. I have been really busy with school, and I have been trying to design better graphics, but I have completely failed

        EDIT: Also, I have edited a new banner block for everyone.

        Copy it from my signature if you are willing to be a supporter.
        Reply With Quote
          #129    
        Old January 23rd, 2010 (4:51 PM).
        Poeman Poeman is offline
        Banned
           
          Join Date: Nov 2008
          Age: 22
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 760
          That's not a banner that's a block.
          Also you didn't make it it's the pokewalker course thing on serebii
          Reply With Quote
            #130    
          Old January 23rd, 2010 (5:01 PM).
          |Maximus|'s Avatar
          |Maximus| |Maximus| is offline
          I'm back~
             
            Join Date: Aug 2007
            Age: 21
            Nature: Adamant
            Posts: 842
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Poeman View Post
            That's not a banner that's a block.
            Also you didn't make it it's the pokewalker course thing on serebii
            Always criticizing...

            Ok fine...a block...and I edited it. Does that make you happy?
            Reply With Quote
              #131    
            Old January 23rd, 2010 (5:02 PM). Edited January 23rd, 2010 by Poeman.
            Poeman Poeman is offline
            Banned
               
              Join Date: Nov 2008
              Age: 22
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 760
              Yes
              I bet I could make a user bar you might like, just hold on...
              EDIT:

              TA-DA!
              Thoughts?
              Reply With Quote
                #132    
              Old January 23rd, 2010 (5:10 PM).
              |Maximus|'s Avatar
              |Maximus| |Maximus| is offline
              I'm back~
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2007
                Age: 21
                Nature: Adamant
                Posts: 842
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Poeman View Post
                Yes
                I bet I could make a user bar you might like, just hold on...
                EDIT:

                TA-DA!
                Thoughts?
                Great, but it's in JPEG lmfao. Oh, and could you cut out the HGSS sprite so that it's just a tail sticking out.
                Reply With Quote
                  #133    
                Old January 23rd, 2010 (5:13 PM).
                Poeman Poeman is offline
                Banned
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2008
                  Age: 22
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 760
                  What the hell?! Photobucket converted a PNG to JPG
                  What do you mean get rid of the sprites(and it's from PMD1 btw lol)
                  You want me to just have it be the background and text?
                  Reply With Quote
                    #134    
                  Old January 23rd, 2010 (5:21 PM).
                  |Maximus|'s Avatar
                  |Maximus| |Maximus| is offline
                  I'm back~
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2007
                    Age: 21
                    Nature: Adamant
                    Posts: 842
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Poeman View Post
                    What the hell?! Photobucket converted a PNG to JPG
                    What do you mean get rid of the sprites(and it's from PMD1 btw lol)
                    You want me to just have it be the background and text?
                    Yeah, it does that
                    I already made one so don't bother editing it
                    Thanks though.

                    EDIT:

                    Reply With Quote
                      #135    
                    Old January 23rd, 2010 (5:31 PM).
                    Poeman Poeman is offline
                    Banned
                       
                      Join Date: Nov 2008
                      Age: 22
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 760
                      Hard to read :/ Make the text outline black and the inside white.
                      Reply With Quote
                        #136    
                      Old January 23rd, 2010 (5:36 PM).
                      LightEspeon ♥!'s Avatar
                      LightEspeon ♥! LightEspeon ♥! is offline
                      Espeon is awesome!
                         
                        Join Date: Dec 2009
                        Location: Johto
                        Age: 19
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Hasty
                        Posts: 97
                        Can the Player be...
                        Female: Yellow/Green
                        Male: Red
                        __________________
                        Espeon forever!
                        Reply With Quote
                          #137    
                        Old January 23rd, 2010 (5:44 PM).
                        |Maximus|'s Avatar
                        |Maximus| |Maximus| is offline
                        I'm back~
                           
                          Join Date: Aug 2007
                          Age: 21
                          Nature: Adamant
                          Posts: 842
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by espeon2chikorita View Post
                          Can the Player be...
                          Female: Yellow/Green
                          Male: Red
                          Um no, look at the screenshots for what the male player is.

                          As for the female, I haven't added all the animations yet. They are all custom.
                          Reply With Quote
                            #138    
                          Old January 24th, 2010 (10:55 AM).
                          |Maximus|'s Avatar
                          |Maximus| |Maximus| is offline
                          I'm back~
                             
                            Join Date: Aug 2007
                            Age: 21
                            Nature: Adamant
                            Posts: 842
                            Ok, so I have a [email protected] of userbars/"blocks"/banners

                            Please link the images to this link:
                            Spoiler:
                            http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=202231


                            #1:

                            Code:
                            http://www.iaza.com/work/100124C/UserBar6139691912-iaza.gif
                            #2: - Credit to Poeman


                            Code:
                            http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p8/Poepoe2007/SparklingYellow.jpg

                            #3: - First banner ever made in photoshop by me!

                            Code:
                            http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/5724/bannertdb.png
                            Reply With Quote
                              #139    
                            Old January 24th, 2010 (11:22 AM).
                            Poeman Poeman is offline
                            Banned
                               
                              Join Date: Nov 2008
                              Age: 22
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 760
                              Your banner looks exactly like the blue chrome one lol(Not that it's bad)
                              Reply With Quote
                                #140    
                              Old January 25th, 2010 (6:35 AM).
                              Ebi Ebi is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Jan 2010
                                Gender: Female
                                Posts: 3
                                Wow this looks awesome!
                                I always loved the first yellow, one of my favorites in the pokemon series =)

                                I don't know if you already answered this but, will Pikachu be able to walk behind you like in the original Yellow?
                                I think you should implement that feature, if it's not too difficult that is.

                                Oh also, customizable characters is a good idea imo. Maybe you could make it so you pick the sprite you want to use throughout the game in the beginning, at the same time as you pick your name and gender normally.

                                Anyway keep up the good work =)
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #141    
                                Old January 25th, 2010 (6:54 AM).
                                Luka S.J.'s Avatar
                                Luka S.J. Luka S.J. is offline
                                Jealous Croatian
                                   
                                  Join Date: Dec 2008
                                  Location: Croatia
                                  Age: 24
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Adamant
                                  Posts: 1,099
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Poeman View Post
                                  Your banner looks exactly like the blue chrome one lol(Not that it's bad)
                                  Like the one below? Though I would suggest to add more screenshots to it to fill up the rest of the black remaining space.
                                  __________________

                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #142    
                                  Old January 25th, 2010 (12:21 PM).
                                  |Maximus|'s Avatar
                                  |Maximus| |Maximus| is offline
                                  I'm back~
                                     
                                    Join Date: Aug 2007
                                    Age: 21
                                    Nature: Adamant
                                    Posts: 842
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Poeman View Post
                                    Your banner looks exactly like the blue chrome one lol(Not that it's bad)
                                    Hehe, thanks!

                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Ebi View Post
                                    Wow this looks awesome!
                                    I always loved the first yellow, one of my favorites in the pokemon series =)

                                    I don't know if you already answered this but, will Pikachu be able to walk behind you like in the original Yellow?
                                    I think you should implement that feature, if it's not too difficult that is.

                                    Oh also, customizable characters is a good idea imo. Maybe you could make it so you pick the sprite you want to use throughout the game in the beginning, at the same time as you pick your name and gender normally.

                                    Anyway keep up the good work =)

                                    Thanks!

                                    Yes, you will be able to walk with Pikachu. I just am making it so it's later in the game. (Not too much later though )

                                    As for the choice of outfit, the outfits won't be what you think they will be.
                                    That is all I must say...

                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Luka S.J. View Post
                                    Like the one below? Though I would suggest to add more screenshots to it to fill up the rest of the black remaining space.
                                    Hehe...yeah, I didn't mean to copy yours. (Although yours is 10x better than mine )

                                    The black space is actually part of the screenshot. It was taken when the player was inside of his room.
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #143    
                                    Old January 25th, 2010 (12:46 PM).
                                    Poeman Poeman is offline
                                    Banned
                                       
                                      Join Date: Nov 2008
                                      Age: 22
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 760
                                      Doesn't mean you can't put more screens on it.
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #144    
                                      Old January 25th, 2010 (1:53 PM).
                                      Ďăŗĸ»ĀƀšŐľ's Avatar
                                      Ďăŗĸ»ĀƀšŐľ Ďăŗĸ»ĀƀšŐľ is offline
                                      Absol Trainer
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jan 2010
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 1
                                        Wow! I was such a huge Yellow Fan!

                                        I can't believe you're remaking this! I will definitely download this demo!
                                        __________________
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #145    
                                        Old January 25th, 2010 (3:17 PM).
                                        POKEMONMASTER260 POKEMONMASTER260 is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Jun 2009
                                          Posts: 139
                                          Okay I'm sorry, but here's my list of the graphics from worst to best:

                                          1. The interim graphics apparently used as a trasnition to the current graphics, (if my inferences are correct.)
                                          2. The current graphics.
                                          3. The original graphics.

                                          PLEASE go back to the original graphics, I'm sorry.

                                          No offense, but please,
                                          PM260
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #146    
                                          Old January 25th, 2010 (11:20 PM).
                                          DestinyBender's Avatar
                                          DestinyBender DestinyBender is offline
                                          Mana du vortes, aeria gloris.
                                             
                                            Join Date: Sep 2009
                                            Location: Currently playing Pokémon Brown.
                                            Age: 19
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Lonely
                                            Posts: 443
                                            Looks very nice!

                                            8/10! I'm going to download this when you're finished.

                                            ...bookmark.
                                            __________________
                                            Love you <3


                                            PC Family
                                            Misty-loving sis
                                            Evil, evil, brother
                                            Rock-loving cousin
                                            Uncle, King of Mafia-ness
                                            Beauty Pair

                                            Looking for pair -hinthint-

                                            Also, a rival. Anyone?

                                            Quotes from movies:
                                            Superhero Movie
                                            The House Bunny
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #147    
                                            Old January 26th, 2010 (6:42 AM).
                                            Gigatom~'s Avatar
                                            Gigatom~ Gigatom~ is offline
                                            Pokemon Ruthenium Creator ~
                                               
                                              Join Date: Jan 2010
                                              Age: 21
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Posts: 116
                                              Nice Remake. Love it x3
                                              I vooted for Orre ;)

                                              Gigatom~
                                              __________________


                                              Check out my deviantArt! :3
                                              Reply With Quote
                                                #148    
                                              Old January 26th, 2010 (2:01 PM).
                                              Pokepoke1222's Avatar
                                              Pokepoke1222 Pokepoke1222 is offline
                                              Glitch Checker
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Jan 2009
                                                Location: Canada
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Nature: Modest
                                                Posts: 16
                                                Prices:

                                                Max Revives: 4000 (Revive + Full Potion = 1500 + 2500)
                                                Rare Candy: 15000 (technically like nutrients)
                                                (Stat) Max: 19600 ((Stat) Up * 2)
                                                Type Enhancing Items (like Magnet): 5000

                                                Also, if you can, have other Pokemon follow behind you (like in Yellow), not just a Pikachu, as long as the size is acceptable (like Eevee or Oddish) and not an oversized beast (like Blastoise or Mewtwo).
                                                You can have an underground.
                                                A Pokemon Contest =]
                                                __________________

                                                Reply With Quote
                                                  #149    
                                                Old January 26th, 2010 (2:51 PM).
                                                Poeman Poeman is offline
                                                Banned
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Nov 2008
                                                  Age: 22
                                                  Gender: Male
                                                  Posts: 760
                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by Pokepoke1222 View Post
                                                  Prices:

                                                  Max Revives: 4000 (Revive + Full Potion = 1500 + 2500)
                                                  Rare Candy: 15000 (technically like nutrients)
                                                  (Stat) Max: 19600 ((Stat) Up * 2)
                                                  Type Enhancing Items (like Magnet): 5000

                                                  Also, if you can, have other Pokemon follow behind you (like in Yellow), not just a Pikachu, as long as the size is acceptable (like Eevee or Oddish) and not an oversized beast (like Blastoise or Mewtwo).
                                                  You can have an underground.
                                                  A Pokemon Contest =]
                                                  Are you giving permission or ordering him, I can't tell
                                                  Reply With Quote
                                                    #150    
                                                  Old January 26th, 2010 (3:22 PM).
                                                  |Maximus|'s Avatar
                                                  |Maximus| |Maximus| is offline
                                                  I'm back~
                                                     
                                                    Join Date: Aug 2007
                                                    Age: 21
                                                    Nature: Adamant
                                                    Posts: 842
                                                    Quote:
                                                    Originally Posted by POKEMONMASTER260 View Post
                                                    Okay I'm sorry, but here's my list of the graphics from worst to best:

                                                    1. The interim graphics apparently used as a trasnition to the current graphics, (if my inferences are correct.)
                                                    2. The current graphics.
                                                    3. The original graphics.

                                                    PLEASE go back to the original graphics, I'm sorry.

                                                    No offense, but please,
                                                    PM260
                                                    If you don't like the graphics, don't play the game. Sorry.

                                                    Quote:
                                                    Originally Posted by DestinyBender View Post
                                                    Looks very nice!

                                                    8/10! I'm going to download this when you're finished.

                                                    ...bookmark.
                                                    Wow! Thanks you don't know how much that means to me!

                                                    Quote:
                                                    Originally Posted by Gigatom~ View Post
                                                    Nice Remake. Love it x3
                                                    I vooted for Orre

                                                    Gigatom~
                                                    Thanks! (Orre will probably be the region, even though Johto has more votes)

                                                    Quote:
                                                    Originally Posted by Pokepoke1222 View Post
                                                    Prices:

                                                    Max Revives: 4000 (Revive + Full Potion = 1500 + 2500)
                                                    Rare Candy: 15000 (technically like nutrients)
                                                    (Stat) Max: 19600 ((Stat) Up * 2)
                                                    Type Enhancing Items (like Magnet): 5000

                                                    Also, if you can, have other Pokemon follow behind you (like in Yellow), not just a Pikachu, as long as the size is acceptable (like Eevee or Oddish) and not an oversized beast (like Blastoise or Mewtwo).
                                                    You can have an underground.
                                                    A Pokemon Contest =]
                                                    Are you telling me what to put in my game? I am open to suggestions but not commands

                                                    Bad News

                                                    I am not going to be able to access my laptop since it is being worked on. Therefore, do not expect any updates for about a week or maybe two.

                                                    Good News:

                                                    I have mapped up to Viridian Forest. I just have to add the trainers. Once Pewter City is done, I will publish the demo.


                                                    I hope to release the demo around: February 15 2010!
                                                    Reply With Quote
                                                    Reply
                                                    Quick Reply

                                                    Sponsored Links
                                                    Thread Tools

                                                    Posting Rules
                                                    You may not post new threads
                                                    You may not post replies
                                                    You may not post attachments
                                                    You may not edit your posts

                                                    BB code is On
                                                    Smilies are On
                                                    [IMG] code is On
                                                    HTML code is Off

                                                    Forum Jump


                                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:11 AM.