• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official PokéCommunity Battle League

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    It'll come out of nowhere. A Murkrow will arrive at your doorstep with a note tied around its neck. You'll open it and it will read:

Dear Trainer,

My master has been watching you closely and wishes to cordially invite you to participate in a new league he is creating. If interested, please arrive at the Ruins of Alph in two weeks where transportation will be provided to the location of the new league. If interested, please sign your name at the bottom of this letter and tie it back around the neck of the Murkrow. Thank you and we hope to see you soon.

~Master A​

Curious, you sign the letter and send it back. You prepare your things, your Pokémon and set off for the Ruins of Alph from your respective location. You eventually arrive and find several other trainers waiting for transport. The area is completely silent otherwise. Suddenly, from the entrance of a nearby ruin, an elderly man appears. He tells you that you will be taking an underground tunnel to the location of the league. Eager, you walk inside. Instead of finding a cave, you find yourself in a completely dark room. The old man has disappeared as well. You turn around to leave and find that the door has disappeared. Suddenly, you are overtaken by a flash of light and knocked unconscious.

A few minutes later, you awake and find yourself in a magnificent castle. The old man has appeared again and explains what is really happening:

"You are now participants in the Heaven & Hell League. You will face five masters of indomitable skill. One group is of Heaven and the other is of Hell. If you manage to defeat one group, you will receive magnificent prizes. If you manage to beat both, you will be inducted into our Hall of Fame and earn a chance to face our master. If you do not succeed the first time, you will be allowed to try again. Unfortunately, you won't be able to leave this plane of existence until you conquer at least one of the groups. Good day and good luck."​

And with that, the battles would commence. Welcome to...

HEAVEN & HELL

Yeah I know I went a little overboard but I want this league to be something special. This is the official league sanctioned by the PokéCommunity Staff. Here you find yourself facing the best of the best picked by us.

And how will we be picking the best of the best. Well, I'll personally be testing out those who wish to participate. And as I add members to the league, they too will be testing out possible members. Currently it stands as:

Heaven

Hell

Master: Okutank​

Testing for League Members will begin immediately. If interested, post in this thread. You will be assigned to a league - you don't get to pick. There is no order in which you have to beat people in a particular league. You just have to beat all five.

If you disappear for over a week without forewarning me, you will lose your position and testing will begin for a replacement. If you don't get accepted immediately, challenge the league and you may be brought up as a possible member if you impress us enough.

Rules:
    1. Standard Clauses apply
    • Evasion Clause, OHKO Clause, Sleep Clause, Soul Dew Clause, Species Clause
    2. Uber Pokémon as defined by Smogon are banned. The list can be found here. MANAPHY WILL BE ALLOWED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. GARCHOMP WILL NOT.
    3. No revealing the League Members Pokémon.
    4. The Rotom formes are allowed.
    5. Any hacked Pokémon will result in forfeiting all past wins and possible entry into the Hall of Fame.

And what will you be competing for you may be asking? Well for starters you will earn an emblem for conquering one league, another emblem for conquering both and another emblem for defeating the Master. You may also be competing for a Technical Machine, Item or Pokémon of your choice. You will also be inducted into our exclusive Hall of Fame.

Any questions? Ask in this thread! We want this league to be a success and be a nice model for those hoping to start their own leagues!

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    HALL OF FAME

Those of us who have conquered Heaven...

Those of us who have escaped Hell...

Those who have survived both planes...

Those who have defeated the master...

JOSHIKINZ_94

The crusader
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2010
    so let me get this straight- if i want to be randomly assigned as a member of this leaugue i would have to battle you now?(btw this league is looking very promising:))

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Yes and based on your skill level and battle style, you will be assigned to a group (if you are good enough to gain membership to the league).

JOSHIKINZ_94

The crusader
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2010
    alright then. will you be able to test me out today?cant miss an opportunity like this

SCV058

The Able Vet
    Years
    Is there anything unique about this league?
    Aside from the whole Hell & Heaven thing. Do leaders use monotypes, different tiers, etc. or is this completely generic OU?

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    You can have a theme if you'd like to. It's not a requirement though. As I add members to the League, I'm going to ask them to write up a small biography about themselves and they can say if they follow a theme or not. I'm more worried about skill and commitment rather than themes.

Yeah I can test today if you'd like to.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Well I won't be around much on Saturday or Sunday but pretty much during the day everyday I'm available.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years

EMBLEMS

- Member of the League
    - Those who defeat the Hell League
    - Those who defeat the Heaven League
    - Those who defeat both Leagues
    - Those who defeat the Master

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    I'm finishing up my team for this League right now. I'll post when I'm ready to test :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back