Fan Games Hub General discussions about all things fan games. Topics relating to both ROM hacks and custom games are welcome here. Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.

View Poll Results: Map of the Month
→goon 24 31.58%
DrFuji 9 11.84%
Otter 43 56.58%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old December 28th, 2009 (12:47 PM).
~NeOn~'s Avatar
~NeOn~ ~NeOn~ is offline
     
    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 95
    I vote for Otter.
    The map is well mapped and I do not see any error in the map.
    So this is the best map of these three.
    __________________
    Visit my Hack:


    I Support:





    Relevant Advertising!

      #27    
    Old December 28th, 2009 (9:43 PM).
    HannahMontana's Avatar
    HannahMontana HannahMontana is offline
       
      Join Date: Dec 2009
      Posts: 40
      Goon's map is definitely the most pleasing to the eye. The others look very crowded and are a bit harder to look at. Goon's may be the most simple, but ultimately is the most attractive and looks like a town that would actually be in a game.
        #28    
      Old December 29th, 2009 (4:10 PM).
      Chimchar 9's Avatar
      Chimchar 9 Chimchar 9 is offline
      (:
      • Silver Tier
       
      Join Date: Jan 2008
      Location: England, London
      Age: 23
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Calm
      Posts: 1,618
      Otter's map by miles! Great placement, houses, ect... And, the mountain's shape is really nice! So Otter I'm voting for you!! :D
      And people, remember Goon's map only looks good because of the tiles, so you can't vote for him just because of that. It's the map itself that has to look good, not the tiles.
      __________________
      Pokemon Green Diamond
      Status: cancelled
        #29    
      Old December 29th, 2009 (4:49 PM).
      colcolstyles's Avatar
      colcolstyles colcolstyles is offline
      Yours truly
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: May 2008
      Location: The Bay Area
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Lonely
      Posts: 1,584
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Cheryl Cole ♥ View Post
      And people, remember Goon's map only looks good because of the tiles, so you can't vote for him just because of that. It's the map itself that has to look good, not the tiles. ;)
      I'm going to have to disagree with you there. While the tiles compliment the snowy feeling nicely, the map itself is superb as well. I, personally, really like the layout of houses. The general concept behind the map makes it feel like a real Nintendo map. Though I could argue that the houses may be placed a little too far apart, you can't say that the map itself isn't of excellent quality.
      __________________

      Brother of Vrai
        #30    
      Old December 29th, 2009 (5:35 PM).
      Chimchar 9's Avatar
      Chimchar 9 Chimchar 9 is offline
      (:
      • Silver Tier
       
      Join Date: Jan 2008
      Location: England, London
      Age: 23
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Calm
      Posts: 1,618
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
      I'm going to have to disagree with you there. While the tiles compliment the snowy feeling nicely, the map itself is superb as well. I, personally, really like the layout of houses. The general concept behind the map makes it feel like a real Nintendo map. Though I could argue that the houses may be placed a little too far apart, you can't say that the map itself isn't of excellent quality.
      It's good, but it's not better than Otter's map, as proven by the number of votes.
      __________________
      Pokemon Green Diamond
      Status: cancelled
        #31    
      Old December 29th, 2009 (5:40 PM).
      colcolstyles's Avatar
      colcolstyles colcolstyles is offline
      Yours truly
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: May 2008
      Location: The Bay Area
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Lonely
      Posts: 1,584
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Cheryl Cole ♥ View Post
      It's good, but it's not better than Otter's map, as proven by the number of votes.;) :P
      I know. I voted for Otter. I'm just saying that you can't claim that →goon's map isn't a very high quality map. If you like Otter's map, that's perfectly fine. Just don't go around making false claims about its opposition to sway voters.
      __________________

      Brother of Vrai
        #32    
      Old December 29th, 2009 (5:47 PM).
      Chimchar 9's Avatar
      Chimchar 9 Chimchar 9 is offline
      (:
      • Silver Tier
       
      Join Date: Jan 2008
      Location: England, London
      Age: 23
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Calm
      Posts: 1,618
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
      I know. I voted for Otter. I'm just saying that you can't claim that →goon's map isn't a very high quality map. If you like Otter's map, that's perfectly fine. Just don't go around making false claims about its opposition to sway voters.
      Okay. But all I was just trying to say is that they should vote on the mapping not the tiles, because that's why it's called "map of the month". Clearly it should be about the mapping not the tiles, right?
      Anyway, I guess my comment did sound a bit sway. :\
      __________________
      Pokemon Green Diamond
      Status: cancelled
        #33    
      Old December 30th, 2009 (8:09 AM).
      →goon's Avatar
      →goon →goon is offline
      pokémon auburn version←
         
        Join Date: Sep 2009
        Location: New York
        Age: 25
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Jolly
        Posts: 82
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Cheryl Cole ♥ View Post
        Clearly it should be about the mapping not the tiles, right?
        I definitely agree with you on the fact that my map is only that good because of the tiles and the mapping itself is a little mediocre to say the least. But seeing as this is a themed map of the month contest, you really do have to weigh the tiles in quite a bit. Tiles can really help to convey the theme more so then others.

        Otter's map does it the best anyways.
        __________________

        →|
        pokémon auburn version|←

        |coming soon|←
          #34    
        Old December 30th, 2009 (8:25 PM). Edited January 1st, 2010 by Alice.
        Alice's Avatar
        Alice Alice is offline
        (>^.(>0.0)>
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Mar 2009
        Location: Oregon
        Age: 25
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Careful
        Posts: 3,080
        *Sigh* There's nothing mediocre about that map at all. The only reason people think that is because the tiles are so good, so they are either looking for an excuse to downplay the map, or are just assuming that there's no way the map could look good with other tiles.

        And tiles are as much a part of a map as any other, and should be taken into account, especially if the mapper made the tiles.
          #35    
        Old December 31st, 2009 (8:29 PM).
        GAKEON's Avatar
        GAKEON GAKEON is offline
        Artist
           
          Join Date: Nov 2009
          Location: Boonville, Indiana
          Age: 23
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Relaxed
          Posts: 13
          I voted for Otter's map. It looks like he did the most work and took the most time to make it nice.

          All maps are nice though, it was very hard to choose just one map to vote for.
          __________________

          Closed Thread
          Quick Reply

          Sponsored Links
          Thread Tools

          Posting Rules
          You may not post new threads
          You may not post replies
          You may not post attachments
          You may not edit your posts

          BB code is On
          Smilies are On
          [IMG] code is On
          HTML code is Off

          Forum Jump


          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:48 AM.