• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Seasonal Tournament

thomascallaghan

Shiny Master
Years
  • The Seasonal Tournament
    PokemonSeasonsTournament.jpg
    This Season: Christmas and New Year

Introduction
    Everyone knows that pokemon becomes funner and funner the more inventivley you play. Using a Scizor,Blissey,Breloom,Ect can just get repetitive and boring and this is where this tournament aims to fill a niche many people only fill for youtube but is actually one of the most creative not to mention fun ways of playing pokemon. What this tournament aims to do is open around the time of major events that most people celibrate (I'm thinking of christian events but any sugestions would happily be taken up and used but they need a veriatey of pokemon to be connected to them). Therefore this tournament aims to take the occasion of the time and use it to create a team themed around it.

Scince there is some contriversiality about what pokemon can be used at which time a list will be supplied and anyone who feels they need to add to or remove from the list can do so.

Rules

Of course What Would a tournament be withought rules? so here are all the clauses this tournament will run by:
    Sleep Clause
    Species Clause
    Uber Clause
    Hax Item Clause
    OHKO Clause
    Soul Dew Clause
    Speiceis Clause
    Addditionally all battles will be held at level 100 and be singles.

The Pokemon Allowed
    This Season:
    225.png

Delibird
    234.png

Stantler
    143.png

Snorlax
    121.png

Starmie
    460.png

Abomasnow
    185.png

Sudowoodo
    478.png

Froslass (And any Creative ghost to Be X-mas Past,Present and Future for Christmas Carol Fans)
    124.png

Jynx
    327.png

Spinda
    482.png

Azelf
    481.png

Mespirit
    480.png

Uxie
    358.png

Chimeco
    437.png

Bronxong
    479.png

Rotom [Contriversialy]
    468.png

Togekiss
    40.png

Wiggleytuff
    395.png

Empoleon
    36.png

Clefable
    463.png

Lickilicky
    83.png

Farfetch'd
    385.png

Jirachi
    272.png

Ludicolo
    If you can think of more please Post

Entrants
    Valen
    SCV058
    E-Unit
    Ooka
    PorcalinDoll
    Arcanist
    Thomascallaghan
    Shinyninetails
    Shiny Rotom
    Crimsonstorm
    Leigodf8
    Stavross
    I will Close Sign Ups by new year or whe we get enough people.

The Bracket
    The Brackets will be Decided with a random draw.
    Battle #:
    1:Valen v PorcalinDoll
    2:Crimsonstorm v Thomascallaghan
    3:E-Unit v Stavross
    4:Ooka s Shinyninetails (Name cahnge I belive)
    5:Leingodf8 v Shiny Rotom
    6:SCV058 v Arcanist
    More added due to Popularity.

Prizes
    All prizes will be revealed at the second round and everyone is welcome to donate.
    ~~Approved By Ursula

Last edited:

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
  • On the note of Pokemon allowed in, why Spinda??? Jynx definitely and on the note of Azelf, if Azelf is in then so too should be Uxie and Mesprit as they are all elf Pokemon. BTW dude, you did get this approved right??? I don't want to join until I'm sure, but it doesn't say who approved it if any but at the same time I know you know the battle forum rules.

SCV058

The Able Vet
    Years
  • This looks fun (=
    And it will give me some oppurtunities to chain some Delibird. I got to 39 in Shinx today before it broke )=

Count me in.

Years
  • Sounds like a great idea. I would enter but I don't have enough pokemon to enter a team. Good Luck with the tournament and i will Donate prize pokes if you want. Message me if you want any donations i will gladly donate anything in my trade thread.

thomascallaghan

Shiny Master
    Years
  • *Facepalm*
    Yes Ursula Approved but I forgot it xP

And Greene1516 Ok Jynx Works And I'll put Azelf Uxie and Mespirit in So there is more diversity
    I really dont know what made me think spinda but its a teddy bear and I associate them with christmas, Which also makes me think rotom which inhabits toys but IDK need others Opinions

*First Post Updated*

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2010
    This is a good idea for a tourney but it looks really similar to the seasons tourney that we had...and I liked the idea that you had more types you could use with the other tourney. Ice types were generally allowed during winter and I'm not sure if normal types were allowed as well...but my point is there were generally more pokes allowed, allowing for a better variety of pokes to be used. To me it just seems like we can only pick from 10 pokes at a time and our teams are all going to be very similar to each others. Asides, I'd like to join up, but I can't because I would have to breed a whole new team because I only have one of your listed pokes trained and ready to use :(

thomascallaghan

Shiny Master
    Years
  • I suppose But I dont want to add, say, Lapras as thats One of the least christmasy Pokemon I know
    I might Add Chimeco As Many People agree it is a bell and bell's are Christmasy
    I will Maybe add Rotom and Teddiursa for Their association with toys stuffed animals and Guifts
    Umm All The Elf Trio, Any others People can think of?

crimsonstorm

The Original Crimson
    Years
    • WV
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    I'd add the following pokemon:

cleffable, lickylicky and wigglytuff(stuffed animals)
    ghost pokemon (scrooge? ghosts of christmas past, present, future)
    mr mime maybe? he kinda resembles the nutcracker in a weird sense
    empoleon (lots of penguin stuff around christmas)
    if you allow chimecho then bronzong should be in too cause its a bell too.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    Hey can I enter? Maybe you could allow Togekiss? It's kinda like an angel some people put on the top of their xmas trees.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Hm, I thought I posted on this yesterday, but must have been my computer playing tricks on me.

Anyways, I'd actually like to join if it's possible. (Don't know how many slots there are)

thomascallaghan

Shiny Master
    Years
  • Ok Huys You Can all join Sign up's are open untill New years Day and then we will get more if its impossible to start.
    Togakiss sounds good it can go up

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2010
    I'd like to register then. I assume actual battles will begin after new years (I still need like 4 more guys for a team)?

Arcanist

Durr
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Yeah, I'm in thomas
    DELIBIRD FTW

Oh, and if spinda is allowed, why not Ursaring?

And venusaur or tyranitar as the Grinch who stole Christmas xD

Jirachi as the Star that led the three wise men xD

Last edited:

Arcanist

Durr
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Alakazam since its wise and reminds me of the three wise men

SCV FFs im only trying to make educated guesses for christmassy stuff

Back