• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TEAM LUVDISC BATTLE INSIDE @ BIG MEN

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
  • INTRODUCTION

So, I needed to do my test battle for the Motisma League. It was decided that since a certain elf wouldn't do the test battles, Aura would be the tester. I was already nervous about the unnamed elf testing, but I was just as nervous hearing that Aura was doing it: I know he has incredible skill. After watching him 6-0 Ooka (Which doesn't really mean much, as it was only one battle, plus Ooka won 2-0 their next match =3), I just grew even more nervous. Little did I know that a simple test battle would turn into an epic match of attempted sweeps, walling, and prediction. Therefore, Aura and myself would like to present this log to you =D.

RULES

The battle log itself will be in bold

My commentary (Jake) will be be blue bolded
    Aura's commentary will be green bolded
    The chat log will be regular font
    Stealth Rock damage will be omitted when it is set up
    Leftovers is omitted (Users will be shown at end)
    Standard Rules

GOGOGOGOGO

[SIZE=+1]
    i_raguraaji.gif
    [/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]vs.[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]
    i_enperuto.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Jake sent out Swampert.
    Aura sent out Empoleon.

Ah, the Emperor Penguin, one of my favorite leads, except not to face off with with this team. Swampert already fears the Grass Knot KO, but still needs to set up the rocks. Knowing Aura, I *think* he'll go for the easy KO off the bat, but I'm running Protect anyways, so I can just scout regardless. GOGOGO Protect!

And here we go folks: I like the sight of Swampert leading off his team. I could go with rocks first, but it would be silly not to go for a quick KO right off the bat with Grass Knot.

thoughts has entered the room.
    Gamer691 has entered the room.
    Jake: I <3 Lead Emp

Swampert used Protect.
    Swampert protected itself!
    Empoleon used Grass Knot.
    Swampert protected itself!

That's what I thought. Now at this point, I have two options: I'm predicting that Aura will set up rocks predicting I'm going to switch out, but it's still early to be playing prediction games. I know I can get Swampert back in easily later anyways, so I might as well switch out to Celebi to take any potential Grass Knot, and set up Reflect on the switch.

Ahh, protect. Not usually on most lead Swampert, but there nonetheless. No way he stays in now, so I set up Stealth Rock.

[SIZE=+1]
    i_raguraaji.gif
    [/SIZE][SIZE=+1]--->[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]
    i_serebii.gif
    [/SIZE][SIZE=+1]vs.[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]
    i_enperuto.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Jake switched in Celebi.
    Empoleon used Stealth Rock.
    Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!

I hate being right :3. Whatever, at this point, I know for a fact that he's going to switch out, as he can't touch me. I don't have a clue what he's planning on switching in, but I'll just use Reflect for safe keeping, as I don't want a CB Scizor trying to come in to U-Turn/Pursuit me (I have HP Fire, but whatever xD).

Hm...Celebi. I'm thinking defensive, so I make the safe switch to Jirachi.

[SIZE=+1]
    i_serebii.gif
    i_jiraachi.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Aura switched in Jirachi.
    Celebi used Reflect.
    A barrier was formed!

Hmm, Jirachi. This is an interesting little Pokemon here. I'm thinking that it's an offensive scarf variant, just like every other Jirachi I see now adays. Oh well, might as well HP Fire it for some decent damage, as it isn't touching me through Reflect, even with U-Turn.

Reflect will be a pain in my ass this match, just you wait and see. So I had a bit of a brain malfunction and forgot about Natural Cure, so I uselessly Thunderwave it =/

wolf has entered the room.

Jirachi used Thunder Wave.
    Celebi is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
    Celebi used Hidden Power.
    It's super effective!
    Jirachi lost 24% of its health.

Lolwut? Natural Cure? I'd say that was a wasted turn on Aura's part, but I still forgive him. HP Fire takes a quarter of his HP away, which according to ME, is not pathetic damage (lol). At this point, I can either keep going with HP Fire, or predict a switch to...something. I honestly don't know at this point, and I want to hit a switch more than that Jirachi, so Grass Knot it is!

24% lol. Pathetic damage. Time to Wish and go to something that can actually do something about this little pixy.

Syndrome has entered the room.
    Jake: Eww TWave

Jirachi used Wish.
    Jirachi made a wish!
    Celebi used Grass Knot.
    It's not very effective...
    Jirachi lost 2% of its health.

Fine, stay in and take 2 percent. At this point, it's kind of required for me to hit him with an HP Fire, as he's at ~50% percent anyways, so the healing would benefit him. GOGO HP FIRE!

I guess he was trying to predict a switch with Grass Knot. Oh well. I get a light hit in with U-turn and go to ScarfTran since I assume he'll try HP fire again.

Ooka has entered the room.

[SIZE=+1]
    i_serebii.gif
    vs. [/SIZE][SIZE=+1]
    i_jiraachi.gif
    --->[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]
    i_hiidoran.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Jirachi used U-turn.
    It's super effective!
    Celebi lost 21% of its health.
    Aura switched in Heatran.
    Heatran's Flash Fire raised its fire power!
    The wish came true!
    Heatran restored 50% of its health.

Son of a gun -_-. Heatran isn't one of this teams big achilles' heels or anything, but it can still be a nuisance. I can play around TormentTran with my Heatran easily (As most don't even run Earth Power, but mine's SpD anyways), but I still don't know what it is. I think I'll just play the safe move and go over to Swampert to take any Flash Fire Fire Blast, Earth Power, or whatever else.

Success! Heatran is in without a scratch, but I don't want to be foolish with the Flash Fire boost. I figure Dragon Pulse is a decent option just to see what he switches in.

thoughts: when using rachi
    thoughts: I tend to use the no hax sets
    thoughts: lol
    Jake: Lol

[SIZE=+1]
    i_serebii.gif
    [/SIZE][SIZE=+1]--->[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]
    i_raguraaji.gif
    [/SIZE][SIZE=+1]vs.[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]
    i_hiidoran.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Jake switched in Swampert.
    Heatran used Dragon Pulse.
    Swampert lost 28% of its health.
    Swampert's reflect wore off!

Dragon Pulse eh? At this point I still don't have a clue of his set (Grr, SR would make that easier to decide lol), but with Dragon Pulse, I ASSUME Aura's running a Scarf set, and just wanted to do neutral damage at this point. If that's true, he's going to switch now from that pathetic damage and in fear of EQ, so I shall SR!

Well ScarfTran can't hit through that stupid thing. This is a good time to bring in Gyara since he'll easily be able to set up on Swampert.

[SIZE=+1]
    i_raguraaji.gif
    [/SIZE][SIZE=+1]vs. [/SIZE][SIZE=+1]
    i_gyaradosu.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Aura switched in Gyarados.
    Gyarados's intimidate cut Swampert's attack!
    Swampert used Stealth Rock.
    Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!

Success! Now that I'm basically assured that he's using ScarfTran, I'm much more content, as I'm not really threatened by it too much. He brings his Gyarados in on the switch, and I'm not sure if he's going RestTalk, Bulky DD, or just straight up DD. Oh well, I'll just go to Celebi to muck up an attack, or if it DDs I'm still not threatened =)

Eh, rocks are annoying but I'll play around them. The obvious DD comes next.

thoughts: scarftran :O

[SIZE=+1]
    i_raguraaji.gif
    [/SIZE][SIZE=+1]---[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]>[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]
    i_serebii.gif
    i_gyaradosu.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Jake switched in Celebi.
    Gyarados used Dragon Dance.
    Gyarados's attack was raised.
    Gyarados's speed was raised.

Dragon Dance it is! Well, that makes this easier for me. I'm not sure if he's running Bounce at this point in time, which might end up being a nuisance, but I'll just play it safe and set up a Reflect to nerf all of his damage regardless. I doubt he'd switch out at this point, he might even have Ice Fang =3

Well I'm using BulkyGyara with Bounce, which normally ruins Celebi, right?

Jake: Lol?

Gyarados used Bounce.
    Gyarados bounced up!
    Celebi used Reflect.
    A barrier was formed!

Reflect just lols at Gyarados. Bounce doesn't even do much to Celebi with the Reflect up, but why not go to a surefire bane to Gyarados, which both eats the hit AND rams it while it sits oh so high in the sky?!

Nope, this thing has reflect, remember? Well as long as that thing is around I probably won't be opening up a sweep with Gyara anytime soon. Either way, I'm gonna hit something when I come back down from the sky =P

Syndrome: She told me she wanted it, so I just whipped out Jake and waxed dat azz!

Lolwut?

[SIZE=+1]
    i_serebii.gif
    i_rotomu_whosshu.gif
    i_gyaradosu.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Jake switched in Rotom-w.
    Gyarados used Bounce.
    Rotom-w lost 15% of its health.

Aha, Rotom-W makes its first appearance this match. Not only did it just lol at the DD Bounce, but I now successfully threaten it. Now, I have two options: He might just try to attack with Waterfall (Doubtful, since I threaten it with Discharge, WoW, and Reflect up), or he's going to switch to something. I'm predicting the switch (Since it's the way better choice anyways), so I'll just let out a Discharge just to see what I hit.

Hooray Gyara counter! Behind a screen Bounce does pathetic damage. Silly move on my part coming up since I thought he might Will-o-Wisp instead of attack, so I went to Empoleon who wouldn't really care too much. However, my penguin still survives the Discharge.

[SIZE=+1]
    i_rotomu_whosshu.gif
    i_gyaradosu.gif
    i_enperuto.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Aura switched in Empoleon.
    Rotom-w used Discharge.
    It's super effective!
    Empoleon lost 50% of its health.

Wonderful! I take a nice half out of that Empoleon for now, and I assume he's going to switch back out again, as staying in at this point would be really, really stupid. Well, I might as well Discharge, see what I hit again =P

Jirachi is bulky enough to take another Discharge, so out it goes...

[SIZE=+1]
    i_rotomu_whosshu.gif
    i_enperuto.gif
    i_jiraachi.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Rotom-w used Discharge.
    Jirachi is paralysed! It may be unable to move!

Jake: =)
    Syndrome: hax
    Jake: The point of using Discharge?

Lol Syndrome, THAT IS WHY I USE DISCHARGE!! Paralyzing that Jirachi is going to be handy, as I don't want it spreading around any more TWaves, or using Wish to everything. Hopefully I can get parahax later on, but right now that isn't my main concern. I'm just going to switch over to Heatran, as Twave doesn't matter (RestTalk), and I can threaten it out easily enough.

Well that sucks, but 30% paralysis rate is why the move is used in the first place. I'll just have to deal with it. Time to repeat the whole Wish n' switch routine.

[SIZE=+1]
    i_rotomu_whosshu.gif
    [/SIZE][SIZE=+1]---[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]> [/SIZE][SIZE=+1]
    i_hiidoran.gif
    [/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]vs.[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]
    i_jiraachi.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Jake switched in Heatran.
    Jirachi is paralysed! It can't move!
    Heatran's reflect wore off!

Score one free switch for Jake! It really isn't that big of a deal at this point though, as it didn't really cause much. At this point, I can threaten with Earth Power AND Lava Plume. But with that Heatran still running amuck, I think the safer choice will be Earth Power, as I'm predicting him to predict me to use Lava Plume, so he can just get a Flash Fire boost. We'll see what happens I suppose.

Yeah it was bound to happen at some point. Getting off that wish would have been perfect so I could cushion the blow against my obvious upcoming switch in. I predict a Fire Blast or Earth Power, both of which CB Flygon can deal with (although Fire Blast will put a bit of a dent in it, I still have Wish support from Jirachi)

[SIZE=+1]
    i_hiidoran.gif
    [/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]vs. [/SIZE][SIZE=+1]
    i_jiraachi.gif
    i_furaigon.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Aura switched in Flygon.
    Flygon makes ground moves miss with Levitate!
    Heatran used Earth Power.
    Heatran's attack missed!

Flygon =/. Well then, that was a bust. I have to switch at this point, even if he might U-Turn, it isn't safe enough to predict something like that when I need Heatran still.

Huzzah! Maybe he was predicting I might switch to my own Heatran? Oh well. U-Turn is the obvious choice here to scout his switch in.

[SIZE=+1]
    i_hiidoran.gif
    [/SIZE][SIZE=+1] ---[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]>[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]
    i_raguraaji.gif
    i_furaigon.gif
    i_enperuto.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Jake switched in Swampert.
    Flygon used U-turn.
    Swampert lost 21% of its health.

And that would be the second time the things I predicted but didn't do happened. Oh well, I don't mind. Presuming this Empoleon is like the rest that I've seen (Quiet, no Speed EVs), I think I should be able to outrun it and KO it with EQ, so let's go!

He goes to Swampert, so I'll force him out with Empoleon by threatening Grass Knot.

Empoleon used Grass Knot.
    It's super effective!
    Swampert lost 96% of its health.
    Jake's Swampert fainted.

Score: 5-6 (Aura)

Wait, what? It's faster? WHAT ARE THESE SHENANIGANS?!?! Oh well, Swampert wasn't really doing me a lot of use anymore at this point, and I'm not really devasted over the loss of it.

Or...not? I thought for sure he would have switched. Obviously he thought he might be faster, but the conversation below will shed a bit more light on that ;D

Jake: o.o
    Aura: needs more switch
    Aura: lol
    Jake: thought for sure it'd be slower xD
    Jake: What EVs and nature lol
    Aura: you run relaxed probably
    Jake: On Swamppy yeah
    Jake: You running Quiet no Spe EVs?
    Aura: modest?
    Jake: Oh
    Jake: I use Quiet when I use Emp
    Jake: XD
    Jake: Which is what I've seen most people do
    Jake: So I anticipate I can outspeed
    Jake: =3

Oh I see what you did thar.

[SIZE=+1]
    i_serebii.gif
    i_enperuto.gif
    i_gyaradosu.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Jake switched in Celebi.
    Gyarados's intimidate cut Celebi's attack!
    Celebi used Reflect.
    A barrier was formed!

I bring in Celebi to force out the switch, and I plan to just Reflect on the switch for later use, as it is always helpful for me to have it up, especially with Gyara and Flygon running around.

Anyway, in comes Celebi. I still want to save Empoleon for later, so I send in Gyara, which turned out to be silly since I know I can't set up on him. He quickly sets up a screen. I figure he might switch, so I Taunt, hoping to cause a bit of trouble for his switch in.

Gyarados used Taunt.
    Celebi fell for the taunt!
    Celebi used Grass Knot.
    Gyarados lost 36% of its health.

So it's bulky eh? I'm not sure why he would do that, I don't have a good reason to switch anyways, so Grass Knot takes a nice chunk of damage out of Gyara. I (for some reason) think it's going to stay in, so I shall fire off another Grass Knot for more damage.

Or he could just attack. Bad move on my part. Oh well, in goes Jirachi since I know Celebi can't do anything to it.

[SIZE=+1]
    i_serebii.gif
    i_gyaradosu.gif
    i_jiraachi.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Celebi used Grass Knot.
    Jirachi lost 3% of its health.

Yeah, why would it stay in again? Oh well, whatever, nothing too crucial. I'll shoot off another HP Fire to hit some damage onto Jirachi, see what happens.

Wish and switch, doesn't get much more complicated then that.

It's super effective!
    Jirachi lost 25% of its health.
    Jirachi used Wish.
    Jirachi made a wish!

So some success right there. The last time he Wished, he swapped over to Heatran, so HP Fire is a bust. I might as well Grass Knot, just to see what he feels like bringing in.

Flygon can take whatever Celebi decides to attack with, be it Grass Knot or HP since I have Wish support switching in \o/

Gamer691: Jirachi is so cool.

[SIZE=+1]
    i_serebii.gif
    i_jiraachi.gif
    i_furaigon.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Aura switched in Flygon.
    Celebi used Grass Knot.
    Flygon lost 40% of its health.
    Celebi's reflect wore off!
    The wish came true!
    Flygon restored 50% of its health.
    Celebi's taunt wore off!

Great, it gets a free switch in =/ PLUS Reflect wears off. I can't stay in and take the U-Turn at this point, as I WILL get KOed, and Celebi is crucial right now for me. I might as well go into Lucario to take the easy U-Turn, especially since I'm not running a traditional SD Luke =)

Even better, Celebi's stupid Reflect wears off, so I know Flygon will be doing a little more damage this time around. Obvious U-turn is obvious to scout his switch.

[SIZE=+1]
    i_serebii.gif
    i_rukario.gif
    i_furaigon.gif
    i_hiidoran.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Jake switched in Lucario.
    Flygon used U-turn.
    Lucario lost 14% of its health.

Dammit, Heatran. At this point, Luke can't KO it with Vacuum Wave, so I have to switch out. I honestly think it's going to fire off an Earth Power, since using Fire Blast with my Heatran around is risky. I'll go to Rotom-W to levitate, and threaten with a potential Hydro Pump.

Ahh, Lucario. ScarfTran can handle most variants, and even if it happens to be the rare Specs version with Vacuum Wave, I can just use the opportunity to set up with something else.

Aura: there he is
    Aura: =P
    Jake: Why?
    Aura: I was just wondering who your last poke was
    Jake: What's my last one =)
    Jake: There's still one hidden
    Jake: =D
    Aura: oh wait you have another
    thoughts: watch out for scarftraN
    Syndrome: scizor I bet
    Jake: Perhaps
    Jake: Perhaps not
    Syndrome: Men ce
    Jake: Perhaps
    Jake: Perhaps not
    Syndrome: Mix Shedinja
    Gamer691: DD Wiscash.
    Jake: Lulz
    Syndrome: 4 BlissSkarm
    Syndrome: @ Lifeorb
    Beachy has entered the room.
    Jake: Hai Beachy
    Beachy: hello
    Syndrome: Substitue Double edge flare blitz close combat

Come on Aura, learn to count =3 Oh yeah, Syndrome's a nub =)

[SIZE=+1]
    i_rukario.gif
    i_rotomu_whosshu.gif
    i_hiidoran.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Jake switched in Rotom-w.
    Rotom-w makes ground moves miss with Levitate!
    Heatran's attack missed!

That went over PERFECTLY. I know he has to switch out now, so I'll fire off a Will-O-Wisp on the switch, just to see if I can hit anything with it (Please be Flygon!)

I Earth Power on the off chance he might not switch out (That would be silly, but you never know =P), but he goes to Rotom instead. Jirachi can deal with any of his attacks, as well as absorb Will-o-Wisp if he decides to use it.

[SIZE=+1]
    i_rotomu_whosshu.gif
    i_hiidoran.gif
    [/SIZE][SIZE=+1] ---[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]>[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]
    i_jiraachi.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Rotom-w used Will-o-wisp.
    But it failed!

Dang it. Jirachi takes it in with its already paralyzed self. Oh well, it's not too hurtful here. Might as well fire off a Discharge for some damage here.

And presto! I bet you know what's coming next... That's right, Wish and switch!

Rotom-w used Discharge.
    Jirachi used Wish.
    Jirachi made a wish!

Alright, at this point, I have Jirachi down to about 25% of damage. If I can hit max damage, Jirachi is out of the match. I NEED to get rid of that thing, so I have to Discharge and hope to god that I can get that KO off, since Wish is hampering me.

Ah interesting...He decides to stay in and attack, obviously thinking that I'll switch to something else and perhaps plaster me with Will-o-Wisp. Well at this point, Jirachi was a bit low on health, so I figured I might as well stay in and heal up with Wish.

Jake: Fine, don't go Flygon =3

Rotom-w used Discharge.
    Jirachi lost 21% of its health.
    The wish came true!
    Jirachi restored 50% of its health.

Jake: I would roll min damage

^That. Seriously, I knew he'd stay in, he was at too low of health. I roll min damage and miss out on the KO, which is rather sad =/ Oh well, I think he might switch out now, so I'll fire off some WoW to hit the switch in.

Annoying, but not terribly, since I already got the wish off. I guess since he can't do anything to me, I'll wish again and heal up some more.

Rotom-w's attack missed!
    Jirachi used Wish.
    Jirachi made a wish!

Well then, don't do it =/ I really want him to switch, so I might as well keep firing off WoW to hit SOMETHING!

And still he wants me to switch! Well with those Will-o-Wisps being blindly fired around, I can't risk switching someone else in. Might as well paralyze him while I'm here ^___^

Aura: \o/
    Jake: Do you ever switch
    thoughts: he's para'd
    thoughts: :x
    Jake: =3
    Aura: nahh
    thoughts: that just suck
    thoughts: =(

But it failed!
    Jirachi used Thunder Wave.
    Rotom-w is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
    The wish came true!
    Jirachi restored 50% of its health.

Crap, that is NOT what I wanted here at all. Rotom getting paralyzed isn't that big of a deal, but it's okay. I still want that switch, but I really feel like he might predict the WoW and go to Heatran. Well then, let's go to Hydro Pump for the hit on the switch, shall we?

Ok, this is getting a little old. I'd love to move this along and switch to someone else, but not if he keeps wanting to burn me =(

Beachy: he was expecting switch
    Jake: FINE
    Jake: Don't switch >.<
    Aura: i won't
    Aura: ^__^

Jirachi used Wish.
    Jirachi made a wish!
    Rotom-w used Hydro Pump.
    Rotom-w's attack missed!

Well that was a bust ._. Oh well, it wouldn't have hit for much damage anyways. Knowing I have Hydro Pump, he isn't going to rick bringing Heatran back in, and with WoW, he won't bring in Flygon. So Discharge is my best option at this point.

Ah, so he reveals Hydro Pump! Sucks that it missed, but at this point Jirachi was at full health so he could have weathered it easily. Well if he's keen on using that, I'll just get Empoleon in and try to drive him out.

Jake: =/
    Beachy: okay lol
    Jake: So annoying XD

[SIZE=+1]
    i_rotomu_whosshu.gif
    i_jiraachi.gif
    i_enperuto.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Jirachi used U-turn.
    Rotom-w lost 8% of its health.
    Rotom-w is paralysed! It can't move!
    The wish came true!
    Empoleon restored 50% of its health.

So I was right, and then got hit with Parahax =/ It isn't too big of a deal, Rotom here has some nice SpD EVs, so even a Hydro Pump won't hit for too much, so a nice Discharge to the mouth will be nice =)

I doubt he would have switched to Discharge at that point, so Empoleon would have been safely regardless of the Parahax. Hydro Pump should do some good damage.

Jake: *shot*

Empoleon used Hydro Pump.
    Rotom-w lost 49% of its health.
    Rotom-w used Discharge.
    It's super effective!
    A critical hit!
    Empoleon lost 103% of its health.
    Aura's Empoleon fainted.

Score: 5-5 (Tie)

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • AHAHAHA! Thank you crit hax! The SpD EVs are beautiful here, as not only do I survive with over 50%, I KO that dumb penguin =D Time to see the switch in =P

I'm still wondering how Hydro Pump only managed 49% with max special attack EVs and a Modest nature. Maybe he's running a specially bulky set or something. This turn got even worse as I get smacked with an unfortunate crit. Oh well, not game breaking since Empoleon wasn't critical. At this point I feel the battle has been going a bit too slowly. Regardless of who he has left, I want to at least poke a hole in his team to try to open something up. So I send in Flygon and fire off an Outrage.

Jake: THANK YOU
    Ooka: lol
    Aura: =/
    Jake: For all the stupid hax I just got hit wigh
    Jake: With*
    Syndrome: double hax
    Aura: you and your crits
    Jake: And stupidity in general

[SIZE=+1]
    i_rotomu_whosshu.gif
    i_furaigon.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Aura switched in Flygon.
    Flygon used Outrage.
    Flygon went on a rampage!
    Rotom-w lost 83% of its health.
    Jake's Rotom-w fainted.

Score: 4-5 (Aura)

So Flygon eh? Well, I might as well use WoW, as I'm not really sure what he's planning at this point. The Outrage was a bite in the bump, but it's nice, since I get to go for a little set up =)

Glad he kept Rotom in. Perhaps he was predicting a weak U-turn. Regardless, I'm locked in to Outrage now, so I await whatever he decides to switch in. Hopefully it won't be something that requires me to sacrifice Flygon ;____;

thoughts: USE LUKE TO SET UP
    thoughts: !!!!!!!!!
    thoughts: or CB SCizor to revenge
    Aura: that was a risk
    Jake: Scizor works
    Aura: yeahh
    thoughts: LOL !

[SIZE=+1]
    i_hassamu.gif
    i_furaigon.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Jake switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
    Flygon used Outrage.
    Scizor lost 40% of its health.
    Scizor used Swords Dance.
    Scizor's attack was sharply raised.
    Flygon's rampage ended.
    Flygon became confused!

EKEKE SCIZOR! SD Scizor works well with LO Special Luke here, and I have a perfect chance to set up with a Swords Dance. The Outrage takes a nice chunk out, and he's out of confusion. At this point, I think he thinks I'm going to Bullet Punch, and bring in that dumb Heatran. So I'll Superpower for the KO, as both should do decent damage =)

SD Scizor. Well that's rather unfortunate. He gets in an almost free SD (still took a good 40%). I thought he might Bullet Punch on the off chance that I decide to stay in, so I go to ScarfTran, but he predicts it from a mile away and Superpowers my face off. Well played I must say.

Jake: You know, but
    Syndrome: Aura I think you lose
    Jake: (Not really)
    Aura: scuse me?
    thoughts: he has tran
    Beachy: depends
    thoughts: noway he can lose

[SIZE=+1]
    i_hassamu.gif
    i_furaigon.gif
    i_hiidoran.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Scizor used Superpower.
    It's super effective!
    Heatran lost 185% of its health.
    Aura's Heatran fainted.
    Scizor's attack was lowered.
    Scizor's defence was lowered.
    Scizor lost 10% of its health.

Score: 4-4 (Tie)

Success! That worked out perfectly, and it means that Lucario is going to have an easier time now too without that thing there. At this point, Scizor is running extremely low on HP, and switching out would render me useless to basically anything.

I didn't want to reveal Suicune yet in hopes of trying for a late game sweep, but I need to deal with Scizor right now. Luckily he's offensive, so he comfortably outspeeds Scizor and Surfs him to his doom.

Syndrome: Its scizor
    Jake: Skank hoe =)
    Beachy: GOT UM
    thoughts: ...
    Syndrome: He auto wins

Lol no?

[SIZE=+1]
    i_hassamu.gif
    i_suikun.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Aura switched in Suicune.
    Suicune is exerting its pressure!
    Suicune used Surf.
    Scizor lost 72% of its health.
    Jake's Scizor fainted.
    Suicune lost 10% of its health.

Scizor really couldn't do much anymore, but I really should have Bullet Punched for something. Well, I was sacrificing regardless, but oh well =/ Either way, I see that his last Pokemon is Suicune (Offensive I might add). Celebi can eat the Ice Beam without taking too much since he hasn't CMed yet, so let's bring in the green pixie =)

Whew, that could have been a lot worse. Well in comes Celebi, and I'm positive he'll Grass Knot. Without a Calm Mind boost I can't KO the darn thing, and I don't want to risk staying in, so Jirachi goes in to take the weak hit.

thoughts: BUG BITE
    Syndrome: X SCISSOR
    thoughts: =(
    Beachy: lol no
    Jake: Scizor is slow as dirt
    thoughts: use quick attack
    thoughts: like me

[SIZE=+1]
    i_serebii.gif
    i_suikun.gif
    i_jiraachi.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Jake switched in Celebi.
    Celebi used Grass Knot.
    Jirachi lost 3% of its health.

I knew it was obvious, but I wanted to play safe. Oh well, whatever. In comes Jirachi again, I think he's just going to wish and switch again, so the Reflect to block Flygon and Gyara is my best choice.

Where have I seen this before...Oh wait it was 10 turns ago!

Celebi used Reflect.
    A barrier was formed!

Meh, parahax isn't much in this case, but I get the free reflect up. I'll just go for HP Fires again, especially with his Heatran out of the mix.

Stupid parahax, but it doesn't matter really. I make another Wish~

Syndrome: earth powah
    Jake: No?
    Syndrome: noob

It's super effective!
    Jirachi lost 26% of its health.

And more parahax. I'm starting to feel bad about this =/ Oh well, let's just keep it up with the HP Fires.

Ok, now it's starting to matter. I reeeeally need to get a Wish off and get out of there.

Jake: Defensive?
    Syndrome: oh
    thoughts: anti's here

It's super effective!
    Jirachi lost 25% of its health.

Again, really? NOW I FEEL BAD!!! Whatever, I need to keep hitting here, as I need to wear it out badly.

ARGH! Three in a row! Jirachi is hurting now, but can take another HP Fire. I NEED to get a Wish in next turn.

It's super effective!
    Jirachi lost 27% of its health.
    Jirachi used Wish.
    Jirachi made a wish!

Okay, he wished. Flygon is going to make an entrance, so I might as well Grass Knot and get lucky with a crit (lol), might as well, I doubt he'd leave in Jirachi to die =/

Finally! Flygon, please get in there and drive this nuisance out of my sight >:

Ooka: wtf...
    Jake: Sorry Aura =/
    thoughts: criiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
    Aura: don't
    Jake: Stupid parahax
    Aura: apologize
    Aura: after
    Aura: hax
    Aura: it's
    Aura: not
    Aura: your
    Aura: fault
    Aura: aaaaaaa
    thoughts: a
    Aura: sorry pet peeve

WELL SO-OOOOOOOOOO-RY!
    [SIZE=+1]
    i_serebii.gif
    i_jiraachi.gif
    i_furaigon.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Aura switched in Flygon.
    Celebi used Grass Knot.
    Flygon lost 38% of its health.
    The wish came true!
    Flygon restored 50% of its health.

Predicted, whatever =3 I know he's going for the U-Turn with Reflect down, so let's bring in Heatran to eat him up =)

Hooray, now I must U-turn again to see what he brings in...

thoughts: for some reason
    Ooka: Aw
    Jake: Dammit
    thoughts: everyone does on this server
    Beachy: SORRY I WATCHED THIS BATTLE AURA
    Ooka: I don't. :/

[SIZE=+1]
    i_serebii.gif
    i_hiidoran.gif
    [/SIZE][SIZE=+1] vs.[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]
    i_furaigon.gif
    i_suikun.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Flygon used U-turn.
    Heatran lost 7% of its health.

Okay, this is doable. I doubt he wants to set up yet, so I'll bring in Celebi to take the Surf. I really wanted him to go to Jirachi XD

I go to Suicune since I'm fairly certain his Heatran doesn't have Toxic. And even if it does, I outspeed him, so I elect to use Surf. I really should have Calm Minded instead because after a boost Ice Beam could decimate Celebi, but oh well.

Jake: GO TO AURA
    Jake: GYARA
    Syndrome: blow up
    Jake: Lol no?

[SIZE=+1]
    i_hiidoran.gif
    i_serebii.gif
    i_suikun.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Jake switched in Celebi.
    Suicune used Surf.
    Celebi lost 23% of its health.

Predicted. Okay, he's obviously switching out, and not taking the Grass Knot, I'm going to predict the Flygon switch and play it safe for the Reflect.

I think he'll probably use Grass Knot in hopes of damaging me, so I go to Flygon knowing he takes something like 40%, and if that's the price I have to pay for getting him in, so be it.

[SIZE=+1]
    i_serebii.gif
    i_suikun.gif
    i_furaigon.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Aura switched in Flygon.
    Celebi used Reflect.
    A barrier was formed!

Bingo! Okay, last time, I went to Tran to take the U-Turn. Why would we repeat this? Even if he does U-Turn, I can take it with Reflect and Recover the damage off, so that sounds like a good plan.

I hate this Celebi so much right now. Reflect means he no longer fears U-turn as he can just recover off the damage. However, he still has the option of going to Heatran to take U-turn easily, so why not Earthquake and try to nail him on the switch?

thoughts: just mash it with a knot
    thoughts: >>

Flygon used Earthquake.
    Celebi lost 11% of its health.
    Celebi used Recover.
    Celebi restored 50% of its health.

Nailed it! Okay, he has to switch out now, and I really think he'll bring in Jirachi in fear of having Suicune nailed with Grass Knot, so I'll take a little risk and fire off an HP Fire.

Ah, well played. I bet he figured I'd be predicting that, so he stays in and rofls at the damage. Hopefully Jirachi can get in there and fire off another Wish.

Beachy: lol
    Jake: UglyGon
    Syndrome: Use HP dragon 11
    Jake: Lmfao
    Gamer691: lol

[SIZE=+1]
    i_serebii.gif
    i_furaigon.gif
    i_jiraachi.gif
    [/SIZE]
    It's super effective!
    Jirachi lost 27% of its health.

Haha! Aura's right though, Jirachi was getting predictable. With HP Fire knocking it into KO range, he might as well death fodder it, so I'll go for the easy KO.

By this time, Jirachi was getting very predictable, so he decides to use HP Fire on the switch. Jirachi is now at too low of a health to be of any more use to me. I must say farewell.

Jake: Who would ever use HP Dragon?
    Gamer691: oh dear
    Syndrome: Gaymer
    Jake: Stupid Jirachi
    Jake: GO AWAY
    Aura: annoying celebi
    Jake: Fo
    Syndrome: HP IT
    Jake: For
    Jake: Ev
    Jake: Er

It's super effective!
    Jirachi lost 26% of its health.
    Aura's Jirachi fainted.

Score: 3-3 (Tie)

That annoying (adorable and cuddly) star is finally out of the game. I assume the stupid Flygon is coming back into play, but thankfully I still have my Reflect up.

Ok Flygon, do what you do best and U-turn! Unfortunately, Celebi is still behind the Reflect so U-turn only does 44%, but still weakens if enough so that Gyara can come in and try to finish it off.

Syndrome: GO GO GJO
    Gamer691: Use HP BUG on Jirachi, duh
    Syndrome: FIRE FANG
    Gamer691: XD

[SIZE=+1]
    i_serebii.gif
    i_furaigon.gif
    i_gyaradosu.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Aura switched in Flygon.
    Flygon used U-turn.
    It's super effective!
    Celebi lost 44% of its health.
    Gyarados's intimidate cut Celebi's attack!
    Celebi used Recover.
    Celebi restored 50% of its health.

That's what I thought. I Recover on the predicted U-Turn to eat up all the damage, and he brings in...Gyarados? Why? Celebi walls it out with Reflect? Oh well, I'll just reset it up I suppose...

Perfect. Reflect wears off, and he'll no doubt try set it back up to stop my onslaught. But there's a little move we like to call Taunt that fits these situations perfectly >:)

Syndrome: Lol
    thoughts: grass knot to finish up the team

Gyarados used Taunt.
    Celebi fell for the taunt!
    Celebi used Reflect.
    Celebi can't use Reflect after the taunt!

C-R-A-P. That just screwed me up a little. I don't know if it's going to DD now, but I have to go for Grass Knot, as I have little options right now =/

I can't waste time trying to Dragon Dance. I Bounce right away and predict the Grass Knot. Maybe I'll finally be rid of this thing!

Jake: <3 Jirachi
    Beachy: lawl
    Syndrome: rofl
    Jake: Oh
    Jake: You
    Jake: Skank

Gyarados used Bounce.
    Gyarados bounced up!
    Celebi used Grass Knot.
    Celebi's attack missed!

Oh crap.

So far so good.

Gyarados used Bounce.
    It's super effective!
    Celebi lost 50% of its health.
    Celebi is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
    Celebi used Grass Knot.
    Gyarados lost 37% of its health.

Ha! Defensive Celebi is beautiful, shrugging off that Bounce. Okay, I doubt he's going to DD, but Bounce again. I'll bring in Heatran to eat the bounce on the second turn, and hit with Lave Plume to try to KO.

Bounce does good damage, but those Grass Knots are slowly chipping my health away. I won't be able to KO before he kills me first. But honestly, I have no choice D:

Syndrome: use brave bird worm fish dragon....thing
    Jake: Lol no?
    Syndrome: BB GYAR LOL

[SIZE=+1]
    i_serebii.gif
    i_hiidoran.gif
    i_gyaradosu.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Gyarados used Bounce.
    Gyarados bounced up!
    Gyarados used Bounce.
    Gyarados's attack missed!
    Heatran used Lava Plume.
    Gyarados lost 18% of its health.
    Gyarados was burned!
    Gyarados was hurt by its burn!
    Gyarados lost 12% of its health.
    Aura's Gyarados fainted.

Score: 3-2 (Jake)

And I take the lead for the first time in the match! I got lucky with the burn to KO Gyarados, but oh well, I really needed that. I don't have a clue what he's going to bring in at this point, as Suicune and Flygon can get the job done.

Now this series of events is rather unfortunate. First, he switches to Heatran, which takes Bounce easily. Then Bounce decides to miss. THEN Lava Plume decides to burn me, KOing Gyara. Wipe that smug smile off your face Jake, you got lucky. Now it's time for Suicune to bring the pain!

Jake: =)
    thoughts: lol !
    Beachy: lol D:
    Syndrome: LMAO
    Beachy: SORRY AURA
    thoughts: blow up
    Jake: Not saying SORRY THIS TIME
    thoughts: gogogo
    Syndrome: ice beam

[SIZE=+1]
    i_hiidoran.gif
    i_suikun.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Suicune used Calm Mind.
    Suicune lost 17% of its health.

Suicune it is. I'll just keep Earth Powering to bring it's HP down into KO range for Luke's Vacuum Wave later on.

I can easily Calm Mind against Heatran. Misclick coming up here as I originally wanted to use Surf instead of get another Calm Mind in, but it turned out to be of little consequence =/

Beachy: uh oh

Suicune used Calm Mind.
    Suicune's special attack was raised.
    Suicune's special defence was raised.
    Suicune lost 14% of its health.

And again.

At least I survive another Earth Power. Now I can finish the darn thing off.

Syndrome: blow up

Suicune used Surf.
    It's super effective!
    Heatran lost 130% of its health.
    Jake's Heatran fainted.

Score: 2-2 (Tie)

It was a necessary sacrifice, and it played out well for me =)

The reason I say that misclick is of little consequence is because of the following moves:

[SIZE=+1]
    i_rukario.gif
    i_suikun.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Jake switched in Lucario (lvl 100 Lucario ?).

Extreme Speed will take down me since I'm at like 2% or something. Oh well. All that's left is to send in Flygon and hope he can clean up.

thoughts: espeed
    Beachy: AAAAAAAAAA
    Jake: ITS A LIFE ORB SET
    Jake: HE DOESN"T HAVE REST
    Gamer691: rest rest rest

Lucario used Vacuum Wave.
    Suicune lost 12% of its health.
    Aura's Suicune fainted.
    Lucario lost 10% of its health.

Score: 2-1 (Jake)

Perfection! Now with that out of the way, Flygon is all that's left. I think I might smell victory, but I'll let the chat log do my commentary for the rest of the match.

Vacuum Wave? Now THAT I was not expecting. He must be running some sort of specially based Life Orb set. I'm pretty sure this won't do enough damage to Flygon to KO....

thoughts: gg
    Gamer691: use rest anyway
    Gamer691: move #5 duh
    Syndrome: OH NOES

[SIZE=+1]
    i_rukario.gif
    i_furaigon.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Aura switched in Flygon.
    Lucario used Vacuum Wave.
    Flygon lost 35% of its health.
    Lucario lost 10% of its health.
    Flygon used Fire Punch.
    It's super effective!
    Lucario lost 112% of its health.
    Jake's Lucario fainted.

Score: 1-1 (Tie)

I dodge the final bullet and survive his attack. Fire Punch does away with Lucario and I know I have the match won.

Jake: Oh shi-

[SIZE=+1]
    i_serebii.gif
    i_furaigon.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Jake switched in Celebi (lvl 100 Celebi).
    Flygon used Fire Punch.
    It's super effective!
    Celebi lost 46% of its health.
    Jake's Celebi fainted.
    Aura wins!

Score: 0-1 (Aura)

Yeah, the I saw Fire Punch, I knew I was screwed. It's okay though, I pulled out well throughout that match, and I'm happy that it was a fun game =)

I am SO GLAD to see that little annoying piece of crap die in agony, and on the last move of the match nonetheless. I breath a sigh of relief.

Aura: WOW
    Syndrome: LOL
    thoughts: NOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Beachy: battle log this game
    Jake: Very good game =)
    Ooka: HOLY ****
    wolf has left the room.
    Beachy: plz
    Gamer691: Wowza
    Ooka: LOG
    Aura: best battle I've had in a while
    Jake: WE NEED TO LOG THIS
    thoughts: HOW COME THAT DID AS MUCH AS UTURN
    Syndrome: LOGGG
    Gamer691: log log log
    Jake: As in
    Jake: I'll log it
    Jake: Since I have a program that does it =)
    Aura: ok log that ****
    Aura: I wanna do commentary
    Beachy has left the room.
    Jake: Lmfao
    Syndrome has left the room.
    Ooka: Because U-Turn had the reflect up.
    Ooka has left the room.
    Jake: Gladly
    thoughts: oh yeah
    thoughts: >>
    thoughts has left the room.
    Aura: awesome \o/

CONCLUSION

Easily the best battle I've had in a LONG time. Jake pushed me to the limit and gave me a fantastic match which definitely showcased his talents as a battler. After a long night of so-so testing, this battle gave me some hope for the upcoming league in S&M. Epic match, my friend ^___^

For what was just meant to be a test battle for the league, this turned into quite the epic match I must say. I thought for sure I was outmatched from the get-go, and I'd just have to do my best to try to not get 6-0ed, but *apparently* I'm better than I thought lol. Seriously though, Aura just gave me a fantastic battle where it became a game of predicitons to win. I couldn't have possibly asked for a better match.

PROPS AND SLOPS

Props:

• Aura for a great match
    • Celebi, seriously, MVP on my team
    • Flygon, for being being a monster throughout the match (Idc if it was my downfall, it was good)
    • The fact that I didn't suck like usual =3

Slops:

• Lucario, good job with using Vacuum Wave once and then dying, blech
    • Empoleon, yeah, crit hax death =/
    OUR TEAMS

Jake: [SIZE=+1]
    i_raguraaji.gif
    [/SIZE]
    leftovers.png
    [SIZE=+1]
    i_serebii.gif
    [/SIZE]
    leftovers.png
    [SIZE=+1]
    i_hiidoran.gif
    [/SIZE]
    leftovers.png
    [SIZE=+1]
    i_rotomu_whosshu.gif
    [/SIZE]
    leftovers.png
    [SIZE=+1]
    i_rukario.gif
    [/SIZE]
    life-orb.png
    [SIZE=+1]
    i_hassamu.gif
    [/SIZE]
    life-orb.png

[SIZE=+1] Aura: [/SIZE][SIZE=+1]
    i_enperuto.gif
    [/SIZE]
    leftovers.png
    [SIZE=+1]
    i_jiraachi.gif
    [/SIZE]
    leftovers.png
    [SIZE=+1]
    i_gyaradosu.gif
    [/SIZE]
    leftovers.png
    [SIZE=+1]
    i_furaigon.gif
    [/SIZE]
    choice-band.png
    [SIZE=+1]
    i_hiidoran.gif
    [/SIZE]
    choice-scarf.png
    [SIZE=+1]
    i_suikun.gif
    [/SIZE]
    life-orb.png

Last edited by a moderator:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • That was truly an epic battle, super fun to watch, I though for sure Aura was a gonner.

Last edited:

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • Woah. This was an amazing read.
    I was amused by how Celebi lived till the very end.. Green pixies rule! and.. blue ones aswell. XD

Btw, LOL at Syndrome's comments. XD

Detox

I was amused by how Celebi lived till the very end.. Green pixies rule! and.. blue ones aswell. XD

Btw, LOL at Syndrome's comments. XD

What about my comments was funny?

And nice battle guys, hope to see more.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Syndrome's comments hurt my eyes ;___;

Great log Jake and Aura, the comments were great and the format was nice and simple. The battle was great as well though Aura was getting screwed over by hax.

Back