• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Helio Version

Which starter would you pick?

• Chamelica - Grass Starter

Votes: 110 26.6%
  • Kittorch - Fire Starter

Votes: 197 47.7%
  • Pireel - Water Starter

Votes: 106 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
I'm guessing he's not from the U.S and I agree with lxtheo, it doesn't say that at all, Team Emort probably wouldn't do something like that, the crush's gender would obv be changed

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
Very sharp eyes you have, Karel_Kazuki :D. Yes, it is an edit of the HGSS sprite in question. But give us credit, its not half bad. We had to scrap it together for screens, and we didnt have much time.

MOREOVER, Palm is being re...sprited. His design is much less like Oak's now, but he's still the same...person he was before. So good job on finding us out, all of you. Though I have to say i thought that this controversial Oak/Palm thing should have happened a while ago. xD

Lol it was pretty obvious to me and it was a great edit IMO,you changed almost every detail except the pants really.And likewise,I thought it wouldve happened a while ago as well, but bettewr now than never for speculation purposes xD.

ANway the Professor doesnt matter,I just like seeing these games develop in the showcase.One day, if my slow progress reaches somewhere,I can join the Drawing board and end up in the showcase along with you guys ^__^.

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
Sorry But Unless Your heroine is well You Know Yor Heroine Wouldn't be in love with another Female it's just not right you should change your backstory a bit oh and I'm not tryig to be rude, insult you just giving constructive critisisme.

Let me explain. xD

This game (Pokemon Helio version) follows the character Helios through his journey. This is a plot based around the two characters Helios and Selene. In this game you will only be able to choose Helios.

We will most likely be making a sister game Pokemon Selene Version (name still being worked on). This would have a slight plot change because of the change of roles.

I hope this clarifies things a bit.

Now, for the whole Professor dilemma. I made that as a quick throw in until we could get a decent Professor Palm design. That was a placeholder until we could get a design, sprite, and ow. :) I'm sorry for the confusion.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Let me explain. xD

This game (Pokemon Helio version) follows the character Helios through his journey. This is a plot based around the two characters Helios and Selene. In this game you will only be able to choose Helios.

We will most likely be making a sister game Pokemon Selene Version (name still being worked on). This would have a slight plot change because of the change of roles.

I hope this clarifies things a bit.

Now, for the whole Professor dilemma. I made that as a quick throw in until we could get a decent Professor Palm design. That was a placeholder until we could get a design, sprite, and ow. :) I'm sorry for the confusion.

Thats actually a cool premise. Is it in the OP? Because I didn't see it there.

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
Let me explain. xD

Actually, I was planning on making it so that you can choose either Selene or Helios, but choosing selene would activate a switch which would switch events such as the gender of your rival's crush, and people refering to you as "she" rather than "he". I'm starting to try that out, but for now I'm programming with just Helios in mind. Hopefully you will be able to choose Selene. :/

Then again, if the whole switch thing doesnt work out, we will go with the second version. :)

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Actually, I was planning on making it so that you can choose either Selene or Helios, but choosing selene would activate a switch which would switch events such as the gender of your rival's crush, and people refering to you as "she" rather than "he". I'm starting to try that out, but for now I'm programming with just Helios in mind. Hopefully you will be able to choose Selene. :/

Then again, if the whole switch thing doesnt work out, we will go with the second version. :)

The switch things seems like a better option, rather than having to download another copy of the same game with a few things changed (lollikeactualpokemongame).

You can set 'he' to a hero name to use in dialog, so instead of saying
"What is he up to" it would say "What is \n[1] up to"(well, in RM2k3 atleast)
If the girl is selected, just put in a code to change the "he" hero's name to "she."

that way you won't have to go back and rewrite all the dialouge.

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
Years
Alright to clarify some answers:

If we weren't able to use a switch, the counterpart to Helio Version would be like Sapphire is to Ruby. There would also be major plot changes (differentiating roles, a different evil team, et cetera.) And to continue our story a little bit.

Spoiler:

Alright, thats the skinny of it. Its quite possible in my haste I forgot some things, so comment if anything isn't clear or you don't like it or you like it or-just comment.

Shalom, Achiimi!

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
semi-random question but does this "mercenary" have something concealing his/her face, I just picture it that way

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
Years
I must say, I prefer this story, because the whole time your trying to save the girl you like from getting too deep in the crap thats going on around, and i think it would be awesome if in the end, you have to fight her, as she has become the new leader of Team Solar. I'd love the demo to come out as quickly as possible while still being top par. :D

Not to mention, if those starters were sprited by you Aquakip, then you are a god in spriting. I can only hope to get to your level.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020

Why so heteronormative? |D You could save the trouble of changing flags and just make the girl a lesbian. Yes, I'm kind of serious. That would be awesome.

Also: can someone explain more about Team Solar? How the team got started, what their goal is, where they get their money, and why people join? I like backstory.

Keep up the good work!~

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
Years
Alright, so post 186 I explained who the founder of Team Solar was, what his goal is, what there stated (but not real) goal is (to make humanity more aware of the environment by polluting it). Why do people join? Well, Team Solar is mostly made up of con-men and escaped prisoners, who
Spoiler:
. Where do they get their money? Well, most of it comes from their leader's large array of finances (he used to be a League Champion, after all, and they make a lot of money), and the other part-well, the other part comes from blackmail, as you will see in the next section of the storyline.

Starrcasm

Years
Alright ladies and gentlemen, I'm pleased to announce that the Pokemon Helio Version Demo Trailer has officially been finished :D

I will be releasing it this coming Saturday [7/31], and I hope you will all enjoy it! I made it in High Def just so people would enjoy it more.

In other news, the switch that I am using to switch the storyline from Helios to Selene is working fine and I've done a bit of work with the female character's storyline, switching Selene to Helios and vice versa, and a few other things as well.

And that was your update :D

Starrcasm

Years
So...as it turns out I am rather impatient. So I decided to bump the trailer's release up to NOW. I hope I'm not disappointing anyone by doing so :P

So, here you all go, the Helio Version Demo's Trailer. Its in HD for your convenience, and also to make all of your computers slow [muahaha]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRQmVbfNNx8

I tried to embed it, but the HD made it not load...at all :P So here's a link :D

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Ight, first off I'll say that looked quite professional, but I have one question...
WHY IS KOFFING ONE OF THE STARTER CHOICES IN THE FIRST PLACE? I mean its okay for Selene to have a koffing, but it just doesn't seem right to get it in a Pokemon professor's lab, isn't there some other way you guys could do this.

Starrcasm

Years
Sorry Know I Get It. I Though That You Would Choose Both Gender's Now It's ONly The Boy.

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about.

At the beginning you are given a choice between choosing a male or choosing a female. This is much like Ruby and Sapphire and any games following it.

EDIT: AceDragonite: Imagine it to be like the Pikachu that Oak had. It is technically the '4th' starter, but inchoosable. Its more for plot.
Also, our banner works again! :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
Is this a hack for ds? or gba. i hope ds! plz

It's not a hack at all. This isn't the hack section. This is the GAME Development section. Therefore, it's a GAME for the computer. You don't need anything but your computer.

[Off Topic: Holy crap your signature is long...]

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
Back. With a new sprite update too! Seeing as I missed out on a week, I'll double up on this update. :)

020twittle.gif

Twittle
The Leaf Bug Pokemon
Type: Grass/Bug
Ability: Shed Skin

This Pokemon's legs move at a speed of 42 miles per second. Scientists aw at this extraordinary speed for such a small creature.

021stagant.gif

Staglant
The StagBeetle Pokemon
Type: Grass/Bug
Ability: Shed Skin

A Staglant's pinsers are as hard as diamonds.

Twittle>>lv.12>>Staglant

------

022ottum.gif

Ottum
The Autumn Pokmon
Type: Normal
Ability: Run Away

This Pokemon's leaf atop it's head seems to hold it's energy source. It gets it's energy from light just like most plants do.

Ottum>>Does Not Evolve

Hope you enjoy!

------

I will be updating the front page (first post) with some new screenshots in the upcoming week, so hopefully that's something to look forward to. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back