• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon OceanBlue Version **[ALPHA 1 RELEASED]**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • OZ
  • Seen Sep 17, 2022
OceanBlueheader.png

Hack Name: OceanBlue
Hack of: FireRed
Creator: Nero_Forever

Aboutme.jpg

Spoiler:

story.jpg

You live in the RAINBOW ISLANDS, a region made up of many small islands. On your 10th Birthday you get your first Pokémon from PROF. BEACH and set off to explore the RAINBOW ISLANDS, battling other TRAINERS, challenging GYM LEADERS and ultimately defeating the Mysterious ELITE FOUR. Of course, on the way you meet many people some good, some bad, and your RIVAL and FRIENDS alike will be there to help you and challenge you as you complete your quest.

features.jpg

- A good amount of the 386 Gen III Pokémon will be obtainable
- A brand new unique region, RAINBOW ISLANDS
- Obtaining SURF will unlock many new places and secrets of the RAINBOW ISLANDS
- New Gym Leaders
- New Elite Four
- New Starters
- Traditional Pokémon game look and feel
- A few 'new' tiles made by me, although you probably won't even notice they're there
- You get to recieve an Egg! (and this is no Togepi or Wynaut)
- Team Magma return!
- Some Pokémon's base stats, movesets and evolution methods have been modified. Some Pokémon will learn moves levelling up they wouldn't normally and evolve a different way etc.

starters.jpg

Spoiler:

screenshots.jpg

NEW Screenshots:
1636-Pokemon-FireRedVersionU.png

The New TitleScreen

boyselect.png
namehero.png
backsprite.png

The new male hero intro, overworld and back battle sprites

Intro-1.png
name.png
rival.png
lauren1.png
lauren2.png
route1guy.png
redisland.png
oldguy.png
slowpoke.png
trade.png
trade2.png
found.png
beach.png
dex.png
beach2.png
beach3.png
route2.png
dex2.png
dex3.png
dex4.png

Older:

Intro.png
blueisland-1.png
guy.png
prof2.png
prof1.png
p1.png
p2.png
p3.png
r2.png
r3.png
r5.png
r6.png
route1.png
blueshouse.png
bridge.png
beachlab.png
blueislandgirl.png
greenshouse.png

Old Version Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Note: Screenshots are dated and may have since been updated. They do not represent what will be in future releases.

videos.jpg

From Old Version:
Spoiler:

team.jpg

Me - Mapper, Scripter
1234567connor - Mapper, Spriter
PlatniumPiano - Scripter
You? - I need some scripters, spriters, overworld editors, testers, titlescreen editors etc. if you would like to contribute or collaborate on this hack, PM me with your desired position and proof of work.

bugs.jpg

None, yet.

banners.jpg

Spoiler:

credits.jpg

Gamefreak - FireRed
NEWROM BASE - Mew_Ryn, Forgotten Memory, Kyledove
Foullump - Youtube Tutorials
Hackmew - Advance Trainer
Hackmew - Advance Starter
Team Snag'em - Item Editor
Scizz - Advance Text
Lu-Ho - Advance Map
Xeon - Overworld Editor
Score_Under - PKSV-UI
HackMew - Advance Pallete Editor
HackMew - Free Space Finder
HackMew - unLZ
Cygnus - Hex Editor
Infanview
link12552 - Nameless Sprite Editor
D-Trogh - Nameless Tile Map Editor
Furs The Fox - R/S/E Sprites
ZodiacDaGreat - AdvanceIntroEd
ZodiacDaGreat - Trader Advanced

progress.jpg

OVERALL - 2%

NEW: Alpha 2 - 35%

updates.jpg

February 5th - Added first video showing intro, recieving first Pokémon and first rival battle.
February 7th - Added new screenshots and updated features
February 18th - Added maps
February 21st - Added 1234567connor to the team
February 22nd - Released First Alpha

NEW:
February 23rd - Started the hack again, decided to use a rom base
March 2nd - Added new screenshots
March 5th - Added even more screenshots
March 11th - Added PlatinumPiano to the team
March 12th - Added new video
March 16th - Added new screenshots

downloads.jpg

(Old) Alpha 1 (Click Here)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Looks nice...
I always like the "Islands" idea.
Good Luck!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 14, 2010
Mmm, interesting, the Rainbow Islands sounds good. I hope this hack stays up, its really interesting.

Years
  • Age 33
  • OZ
  • Seen Sep 17, 2022
Looks nice...
I always like the "Islands" idea.
Good Luck!

Thanks for the support.

Mmm, interesting, the Rainbow Islands sounds good. I hope this hack stays up, its really interesting.

Thank You. I'm glad my idea appeals to someone other than myself <.<

I have updated my first post with a short video preview of the alpha, hoping to show more of what I have done and hopefully get the ball rolling regarding help and support of this hack.

September

Chavo and Serj <3
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 5, 2014
This looks very nice! I like the whole islands concept, should be very fun!

I'm only good for storylines at this point (too lazy still to teach myself scripting, mapping, etc) so if you need any help with that I'm free :P. Oh! And if you want a chibi drawing, I'm good at those...

Anyway, I will be keeping a close eye on this, I love watching hacks as they first come out and develop. Good luck!

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2010
I don't know much at all about hacking, but I'm a good spriter, and I'd love to help you!

Years
  • Age 33
  • OZ
  • Seen Sep 17, 2022
I have a small update; 2 new screenshots showing the new male OW and the male select screen sprite:

newboyselect.jpg
newboyow.jpg

I am working towards the release of the first Alpha. It will include the first Gym Leader, and as I am still working solo at this stage it is coming along slowly - but surely. I have also been working on the new title screen - I hope to have a preview of that soon. Also any story ideas or anything you would like to see included please feel free to send me a PM!

Thanks

Years
  • Age 33
  • OZ
  • Seen Sep 17, 2022
Hi, thanks for your interest and support,

I am hoping to have the alpha up by the end of the month. This alpha will be a tad shorter than I intended however you still will be able to get the first badge.

I have decided to still release this demo hopefully to catch the eye of people who could help me with this hack as I am going to be beginning this again after the alpha is released. There a a few unrepairable bugs especially with signs and stuff like that, and by starting again I can ensure these bugs are removed and feedback and new ideas from this release can be included in the first beta which at this stage would end sometime after the second gym.

Thanks everyone for your support!

Machop

Supreme ruler of the universe
Years
It looks quite nice so far. :) I hope you don't give up on this.

Years
  • Age 33
  • OZ
  • Seen Sep 17, 2022
Here are a few new screenshots added - these are from Green Island, the last place you can visit in Alpha 1, which is about 75% done. I am hoping to have another video up soon. And again, if there is anyone out there who would like to help with this project please contact me!

Thanks.

may.jpg
mansion.jpg
Magma.jpg
greenisland.jpg
girl.jpg

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Here are a few new screenshots added - these are from Green Island, the last place you can visit in Alpha 1, which is about 75% done. I am hoping to have another video up soon. And again, if there is anyone out there who would like to help with this project please contact me!

Thanks.

may.jpg
mansion.jpg
Magma.jpg
greenisland.jpg
girl.jpg
Looks good, but I see a few tile errors...

Years
  • Age 33
  • OZ
  • Seen Sep 17, 2022
Ok, so I have decided to release some map shots. I have also corrected the tree tile errors which I was neglecting.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

NOTE: These maps do not represent the final maps that may be in future releases.

Years
  • Age 33
  • OZ
  • Seen Sep 17, 2022
Alpha 1 Release

Alpha1header.jpg

notes.jpg

- This alpha ends after the first Gym Leader in Green Island.
- The titlescreen is incomplete in this release however as previously stated due to unrepairable bugs I am restarting after this release.

bugs.jpg

-Some signs are messed up : I.E repeat what they're supposed to say
- Some people's speeches are also messed up, see above.
- If you find any other bugs I should know about please post it here in the thread.

Map.jpg

Spoiler:

downloads.jpg

View attachment 52621

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Alpha1header.jpg

notes.jpg

- This alpha ends after the first Gym Leader in Green Island.

- The titlescreen is incomplete in this release however as previously stated due to unrepairable bugs I am restarting after this release.​

bugs.jpg

-Some signs are messed up : I.E repeat what they're supposed to say

- Some people's speeches are also messed up, see above.

- If you find any other bugs I should know about please post it here in the thread.

downloads.jpg

Yay, the alpha's out!
I'll play it now.

Years
  • Age 33
  • OZ
  • Seen Sep 17, 2022
Okay, so with the first Alpha out I have indeed restarted the hack, hopefully this one will not have the unrepairable bugs the last version had. I have decided to use a ROM base in this version, and have updated my first post with credits and also have marked everything relating to the old version as 'old' and everything that relates to this new version will be labelled as 'NEW'.

Here is the titlescreen for the new version - Let me know what you guys think, also I am eager to hear your thoughts on the alpha.

1636-Pokemon-FireRedVersionU.png

And an all new BLUE ISLAND:
BlueIsland-1.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • OZ
  • Seen Sep 17, 2022
Small Update

Okay, so I'm back with a small update, after some tinkering I finally got things in the Professor's lab the way I wanted. I also fixed up the intro hero sprite and the back sprite, as well as the male overworld. So here are a few screenies to show some progress, although the screens are similar to the old ones I posted I believe these ones look alot better.

boyselect.png
namehero.png
blueshouse.png
blueislandgirl.png
beachlab.png
bridge.png
greenshouse.png
backsprite.png

Years
  • Age 33
  • OZ
  • Seen Sep 17, 2022
So, here are some more screenshots to show some progress. These are mainly focusing on the hometown and recieving of Pokémon.

Intro.png

blueisland-1.png
guy.png

prof2.png
prof1.png
p1.png
p2.png
p3.png

r2.png
r3.png
r5.png
r6.png