• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Maverick

josh354

Scripter
Years

Introduction

Hey everyone my name is josh354 (AKA Sully). I recently added my hack: "Pokemon Redemption" to the Progressing Hacks. While I believe the hack is good, I want to make it great. With very limited graphical ability it is hard to make a hack standout. This is the main reason for creating this team. I want a team that can work well together and hopefully we can create some successful hacks!

Current Projects

Pokemon Redemption:
2wpja7n.jpg

Link: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=207066
Right now this is the only hack being worked on. When the team is formed other hacks may be added to this section.

Team

adamb241 - Co-Owner, Head Mapper
NiKaNoRoU - Head Spriter
Myself - Head Scripter
DrFuji - Mapper
5518122_DG - OW Spriter, Palette Editor, Head Beta Tester
chrunch - Beta Tester
PEPITO1O1O - Beta Tester
Mekaj - Beta Tester

Positions Available

Key:
Red - Urgently Needed
Green - Needed
Blue - Nice to Have

Tile Maker/Inserter (1-2)
Titlescreen Editor (1)
Spriter (1)
OW Spriter (1)

Basic Scripter (1)
Mapper (1)
CSS Creator* (1)
Banner Maker* (1)

These are positions available. The positions that have * by their names don't have to "join" the team. If you just want to make a banner or offer to do CSS that is fine, and you will still receive full credits for your contribution.

Application

Name:
Position You Want:
Proof Of Work*:
Past Experience:
Time Available Per Day**:

Here is an example:

Name: Sully
Position You Want: Scripter
Proof Of Work: See Spoiler
Past Experience: Nothing public, but will work hard and willing to learn if needed.
Time Available Per Day: An hour a night

If you are accepted you will be notified through PM and I will post a reply on this thread aswell. Since this is competitive be sure you don't hold anything back!

* Proof Of Work is expected with application. Please don't post your application with no proof. (CSS'ers and Beta Testers are exceptions)
** I know people have real lives. Don't feel obliged to put two hours to make yourself look better when you only truly have an hour.

Final Words

That is all for now. Thank you for taking the time to look at this thread. Now get to work filling out the application. :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Name: Chrunch
Position you want: Beta tester
Proof of work: Errm... How do you provide proof for a beta tester?
Past Experience: I beta test Metallic Ice.
Time per day: One hour mostly, sometimes two.

PEPITO1O1O

~Saïx~
Years
Well my hack isn't going anywhere because I have no scripters, so I guess I can help with this hack.
Name: JP
Position You Want: Beta Tester
Proof Of Work*: Nothing I can say really
Past Experience: I'm a tester for like 2 roms, right now.
Time Available Per Day**: Weekends, and weekdays I can also do somethings.

josh354

Scripter
Years
Name: Chrunch
Position you want: Beta tester
Proof of work: Errm... How do you provide proof for a beta tester?
Past Experience: I beta test Metallic Ice.
Time per day: One hour mostly, sometimes two.

You don't need proof, and you are accepted as a beta tester. Welcome to Team Maverick!

Well my hack isn't going anywhere because I have no scripters, so I guess I can help with this hack.
Name: JP
Position You Want: Beta Tester
Proof Of Work*: Nothing I can say really
Past Experience: I'm a tester for like 2 roms, right now.
Time Available Per Day**: Weekends, and weekdays I can also do somethings.

You are also accepted as a beta tester. Welcome to Team Maverick!

Still alot of positions to be filled so get to work on the application :D.

PL4Y3R

Head of Pokemon Wild
Years
Name: Player
Position I Want:Mapper,Beta Tester
Proof Of Work:Beta can't proved but attached is mapping
Past Experience: none
Time Available Per Day:beta maybe 30mins-1hr mapping a few hours a week

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
Name: Player
Position I Want:Mapper,Beta Tester
Proof Of Work:Beta can't proved but attached is mapping
Past Experience: none
Time Available Per Day:beta maybe 30mins-1hr mapping a few hours a week

Hmm, since this isn't our greatest need, I won't be accepting people left and right. Can I see some more examples of maybe a route?

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
Sully...I can do everything in your need list except...EXCEPT banners :(
But remind me again y we need new tiles?

PL4Y3R

Head of Pokemon Wild
Years
Yeah heres a route if you need anymore like a poke-center or an underground cave or something I'll be happy to do one

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
Yeah heres a route if you need anymore like a poke-center or an underground cave or something I'll be happy to do one

I'm sorry but your skills are lacking a lot of basic fundamentals that are used when mapping. (Definite border, correct use of tiles ect.) I'm going to say no as a response to your application. Improve and you can take another shot at making the team.

558122_DG

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
Name: DKG or DG or 558122_DG, any of the 3 is fine

Position You Want: Spriter, OW Spriter, Basic scripter, Mapper, titlescreener, all tile stuff, HEAD beta tester.
Proof Of Work*: See bottom for all
Past Experience: Um, my own hack i guess and about 4 others :P
Time Available Per Day**: 50 mins :)

Basic scripting PKSVUI btw:

Spoiler:

Mapper, ok not as good as the ones you have but hey:
Spoiler:

Spriting and tiles, I lack experience:
Spoiler:

OW spriter:
Spoiler:

Titlescreener:
Spoiler:

Tile insertion:
Spoiler:

Head beta tester:
Spoiler:

yesh thats all :D

I can hex edit pallettes too :)

Please don't hire me for everything though.

Last edited:

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
Hmm...You kinda stink at everything so it's a no.

Just kidding, your in, we could defently use your for tile insertion and other things. You could even help with mapping if you want.

558122_DG

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
Hmm...You kinda stink at everything so it's a no.

Just kidding, your in, we could defently use your for tile insertion and other things. You could even help with mapping if you want.

I was like WHATT!!!!
when I read the first line, then I saw the rest :P

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
I was like WHATT!!!!
when I read the first line, then I saw the rest :P

If you would like to help me with mapping that would be good. I could use some help mapping the plethora of caves in the Jasper Cliffs. There are probaly 20 differnt caves we have to map for this section (More around 10). Well I'm not forcing you but that's a suggestion.

NatureKeeper

I'm sorry but your skills are lacking a lot of basic fundamentals that are used when mapping. (Definite border, correct use of tiles ect.) I'm going to say no as a response to your application. Improve and you can take another shot at making the team.

Name : NatureKeeper
Position : Part-time Advanced Scripter
Ways of Contact: PM\VM or DS Voice chat.
Proof:

Most things here were scripted.

1- The 'I'm late part'

2- The part in the plane in which she says I'll wash my face until she says Ouch is 100% scripted. I had to keep my hand on the A button. (except for walking on the script tiles.) The applymovement of Jupiter is too.

3- IS there a bathroom in the next hotel? Scripted.

4- The Suite Guy.

5- Carly.

'---------'

josh354

Scripter
Years
NatureKeeper, thanks for applying, but here is the situation. I plan on doing almost all of the scripts in the game. The only reason I want a basic scripter is to help do things like trainerbattles, people messages, and sign messages. Since you are at a higher level than basic scripter I wouldn't want to make you do those simple things. The choice is yours. You can join but only do basic scripts, or just say that you would rather not waste time doing these basic scripts when you could be working on other things. Just post a reply as to what your decision is.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
Sully I'm sure you can find something for him to do. You could do all of the major events and maybe he could script some of the minor (But still important) events. You might not get another person with equal skill level apply, most of the members who apply are garbage and we finally have a skilled applicant. I would accept him as the Co-Scripter for Redemption, he could prove to be a vital member of the team.

josh354

Scripter
Years
Wow there aren't many applicants. This team is still alive I swear :D.

@ adamb241 - Have you started on the Pipeline Caverns? I am ready to script in there whenever you get the maps done.

@ DG - How would you feel about doing an OW for me?

@NatureKeeper - adamb241 is right. I don't know what I was thinking. You are accepted. Welcome to Team Maverick!

There are still plenty of spots to be filled! If you do something not listed then tell me, and we will see if we can use your skills!

558122_DG

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
I hope your not referring to me when you say only n00bs have been volunteering n00b

Well I made some OWs, and another tree :D

far4ab.png

2n67qsp.jpg

I know it says give credit but u don't have too, cause I made'em for this hack :/

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
Here is the list of D/P pokemon I want to put into the game. Make all comments and suggestions as needed.

Starley
Staravia
Staraptor
Shinx
Luxio
Luxray
Budew
Cranidos
Rampardos
Shellos
Gastrodon
Honchcrow
Bronzor
Bronzong
Goble
Gabite
Garchomp
Skorupi
Drapion
Magnezone
Diagla
Palkia
Arceus
Girantia
Leafeon
Glaceon
Carnivine

Tell me what you guys think? Any Changes?

josh354

Scripter
Years
I would,

Take out:
Budew
Carnivine
Magnezone
Skorupi
Drapion

Add:
Riolu