• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Words are a heavy thing...they weigh you down. If birds talked, they couldn't fly."

Years
  • - Sy Rosen and Christian Williams, Northern Exposure, On Your Own, 1992

Motivational quotes tend to devise a cleverly dubious truth.

In our lives we are likely to make certain mistakes, even carry out certain tasks with a credible amount of integrity. Though such quotes may often appear as common sense, people so usually focused on matters at hand often forget about the more simple facts and answers to our problems.

So whenever you're feeling down and/or clueless about issues you're facing, do you look to these quotes for motivation, perhaps an acceptable attitude to aid in decision making?

Or if you don't, would you consider doing so when you feel things are getting difficult?

Zet

Years
  • I really turn to my friends than I turn to quotes when I'm feel down, though I sometimes look up quotes from TV shows/movies/philosophers whenever I'm too bored to play video games and the likes.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • I just whip up a random disc from my 8 seasons of Scrubs, and I spontaneously feel happy. No joke. :( Or I turn to my friends.

or i realise what a devilishly young handsome man i am

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I don't look at those quotes... I just listen to my brain more. XD;

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Would I look at these quotes if I was feeling down? Hmmm. Probably not. I merely end up talking to myself or listening to music or daydreaming about my GF. For some reason, those just cheer me up. Yup, so no most likley. But I do like that quote, Siggy. ;)

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I don't really memorize quotes that often, and if I do, it has to be really good, and something cool I can say in a situation I find myself in frequently. XD

Though when I am feeling less motivated, I reach for my Zune which is loaded with awesome music that I totally love. From remixes of old video game music to anime music to some rock and pop and country, the playlist of my favorites that I have compiled have all sorts of musical healing abilities whenever I am feeling negative. It's how I tend to maintain my usual chipper attitude in the face of terrible things or normal day to day stress. Though not all my music contains lyrics which inspire, I find myself interpreting the lyrical songs in a positive way most of the time anyway. If a lyrical song isnt helping me any I can always find a different song, or wait it out and let it sorta vent out my feelings then get them blown away by the next song on the shuffle. Somehow I think my Zune can read me and seems to always play something appropriate.

Back