• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold SoulSilver Monotype Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
Years
  • ATTENTION ALL, WELCOME TO THE HG SS MONOTYPE CHALLENGE! This is a challenge where you will have to complete either game using ONE type only. Refer to the rules below. Have fun!

Rules:
    1) Dual-Types are allowed.
    2) You have beat your challenge when you defeat the Ellite Four, the Champion and ALL of the Gym Leaders, both Johto and Kanto.
    3) You are allowed to do one type, even if someone else is.
    4) It isn't a race, so no need to rush!
    5) No trading please, unless it is for evolution purposes.
    6) Obviously, no cheating or hacking.
    7) You may use emulators.
    8) Only use Pokemon under your type/from the Pokewalker!
    9) At least one Pokemon, must be caught before Violet City. If you have not caught a Pokemon of your type by then, use your starter until you do.
    10) Please update frequently, and when you do, try to include what you've done, your team so far, and try to make it interesting.
    11) No Legendaries.
    12) Pokewalker challengers can get their Pokemon from any course.
    13) If your team doesn't have a Pokemon that can use HM moves that you need, you are allowed one HM slave that will be able to do those things.
    14) You can have a Pokemon that isn't your type if it will evolve into that type at some stage
    15) Have fun!

Sign-Up
    Username:
    Type:
    Version:

Members:
    Fire:
    Water:
    Grass:
    Electric: Blazenwing (Normal Challenge)
    Flying: jmd34 (Normal Challenge)
    Ice:
    Dragon: Rahiri (Normal Challenge)
    Dark: X75flames (Normal Challenge)
    Rock:
    Ground:
    Steel:
    Fighting: kjgvrof (Normal Challenge)
    Psychic: The Sceptile King (Normal Challenge)
    Normal: angrybanana5000 (Normal Challenge)
    Poison: Sire (Normal Challenge)
    Bug:
    Steel:

Champions:

EDIT: CHALLENGE NUMBER 2! This is a challenge where you will have to complete either game using Pokemon caught from the Pokewalker only. Refer to the rules above. Have fun!

Sign-Up
    Username:
    Pokemon Team:
    Version:

Last edited:

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • awww.... i want to do it but i dont want to reset my game. Mayb after i get my platinum and i can transfer my pokemon from SS onto that.

CrashSmAshley

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • This sounds so interesting! Once I beat the game I already started I will begin a new one and try this!

jmd34

<---- Ibanez RG320PG-P3
    Years
  • All right , i'm in !

Username : Soul
    Type : Flying :D
    Version : SoulSilver
    (Challenge Number 1. )

Currently :

About to face Heart ( Rival ) in azalea , Just defeated bugsy .

Team Members

Hoody : Noctowl ( 20 )
    Batteh : Zubat ( 19 )
    :)

jmd34

<---- Ibanez RG320PG-P3
    Years
  • That's not fun ... everyone will start in about one week ... when i'll be partly done .. :(
    ( Batteh just evolved into golbat , in front of goldenrod city :) )

Quick Edit : Defeated all the trainers around Goldenrod and got the plain badge , My actual team

Hoody The Noctowl : level 26
    Batteh the golbat : level 27

Going to Ecruteak City , more to come ( Not sure about what time it was... i think 5PM Im not sure )

In the ecruteak City gym , after about 20 minutes of training in the grass in front of ecruteak because i've defeated all the trainers around.

Hoody The noctowl : 28
    Batteh The golbat : 29
    Piddy The pigdeotto : 29

I'm at the 2nd old lady in the gym . ( Not sure about what time it was :s )

Ill continue with my progress later on.

Defeated morty , got HM Surf and HM Strenght , Went back to ruins of alph , trained there with the 3 trainers in the union cave and with the natus outside , caught a level 22 Natu Nicknamed Psy. Started to raise it

Actual team ( Just before entering olivine )

Psy The Natu : 24
    Hoody The noctowl : 31
    Piddy The pidgeotto : 31
    Batteh The Golbat : 31 ( Saturday March 27th 2010 , 9:57 PM , 6:57 PM at my house )

Finished Olivine town & Surrounding trainers ( Including in the Sea ) , Got My hands on a good rod , got the storm badge and i am now going to challenge Jasmine .

Current team :

Psy Who evolved Into a Xatu :D : 33
    Batteh Who evolved into a Crobat :) : 33
    Piddy : 33
    Hoody : 33 ( Sunday march 28th , 01:03 AM , 21:05 of the 27th at my house )

Grinded Near Olivine , Defeated Jasmine

Current Team :

Psy : 35
    Batteh : 35
    Piddy : 35
    Hoody : 35 ( Sunday March 28th , 2:25 AM )

Last edited:

The Sceptile King

Just came back from a break!
    Years
  • Username:the sceptile king
    Type:psychic
    Version:soul silver

-named self Gold
    -got things from mom
    -got cyndyquil
    -got pokegear
    -got running shoes and map card
    -went to mr.pokemons house
    -got pokedex and mystery egg

team

cyndyquil
    scratch
    leer
    smokescreen

Years
  • Hello ppl!

I am willing to restart my HG ( will transfer everything to my Pt tomorow =p ) and i WANT to take on a challange. After a lil tought i decided i wanted to do a Mono-type with Dragon type pokemons... but after a bit of research that seems prety imposible to pull off with the set rules. I thought about sending an egg and hatching it in game as a 'starter' but the rest of the team will come from the 'safari zone' which seems a bit hardcore and you can start getting the dragons there after the National Dex...

Anyone got any ideas of how can i pull this one off? or should i just try the Solo-Run challenge?... i allways thought that a team of dragons will be kinda epic

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
  • Well you could try the Pokewalker challenge. There are some Dragon Pokemon on some of the courses, a Dratini I think... I will make an exception. You can trade over up to 3 eggs that are Dragon Type Pokemon at the start, but you'll have to catch the rest.

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Username: Sire
    Pokemon Team: Poison
    Version: HeartGold

Once I get my HG. Not restarting SS, already beat it. :/

Years
  • That was a fast response! =D To make it a bit more challenging i will hatch the other two eggs after a certain point in the game. ( i accept suggestions )

Count me in for the challenge!

Name: Rahiri
    Type: Dragon
    Version: HG

(will even take pics of some of the progress to make it as clear as possible )
    I look over my Pt version and i can make eggs of dratini gabite and bagon ( reading bagon allways makes me hungry )

Years
  • I would like to do electric, with a slight twist:

Sign-Up
    Username: Blazenwing
    Pokemon Team: Electric
    Version: HeartGold (will be purchasing either Apr 1st or 2nd)

The twist: I will select one of the three starters, perhaps Chikorita, and use her until I reach Violet City for the first time. At that point, I will head to the Pokewalker and access Yellow Forest, then use that area to capture a level 10 Pikachu. I will then swap Pikachu out for my starter and go from there.

There are six Pikachu available in Yellow Forest, according to Bulbapedia; the two easiest to obtain are level 10, with the male version knowing one extra move over the female - Thunder Wave.

Annnnnnnnnnnnyways... yeah. That's what I want to do. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back